Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Emissary's Ruby Phoenix Tournament (Inactive)

Game Master Misroi

PROVE YOURSELF!


101 to 150 of 1,778 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Taking notice of the gathering crowd, and at least two other combatants, Zarina hopes that Asha took her earlier advice to heart and is not giving too much of her abilities out to the others.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Asha knocks aside Chung's follow-up blows, then hammers at him again with more of her own.

Just for something different, a nonlethal flurry!
First attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13.
Second attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14.
Third attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15.


Grapple: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (3) + 26 = 29

Groggy from her blows, Chung Po gives a loud kiai shout and charges Asha, making a sacrifice play to grab her around the waist. Asha is able to leapfrog over him, and with a spinning round kick, the tetori monk goes flying into the ring of contestants. He lies there motionless, his breathing labored but steady. Cheers erupt from most of the crowd, though there are a few that curse as Asha's opponent falls.

Wow. Just...wow. Sometimes the dice are just against you. Anyway, with the fight over, I'll let you all finish up any RP you want to do before we move onto the first official day!


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

As soon as her foe falls, Asha rushes forward, bending down and laying her palm on her chest. Lay on hands for 3d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 5) = 7 hit points back. As soon as Chung Po's eyes flutter open, Asha smiles down at him, holding out her hands. "Now, Master Po, we have danced your dance... but I must insist that you dance mine!" She hauls him to his feet (over his protests, if need be), and drags him toward the musicians. Grinning mischievously over her shoulder, she calls to the others of her group, "So, do we have a name yet?"


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30.

"'The Five Elements' seems to have found some favour," Simon calls back in a mild tone.

The white-haired man rises, strolls over to Asha and holds up one of her hands. "Ladies and gentlemen!" he declares in a dramatic voice. "Your victor!"

He nods at the Tetori Monk and mutters: "We may see again on the greater dance floor, sirra," and then limps back to his chair.


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

"Congratulations to the both of you! That was quite a duel," Zarina claps excitedly.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

"Ka esmu ne kā liela katastrofa, jo Poog baidījās," the goblin mutters to It.

Goblin:

That am no as big a disaster as Poog feared.


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

Zak raises a glass in silent toast to the combatants, with a grin and a nod to Asha.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8
Poog Bonebane wrote:

"Ka esmu ne kā liela katastrofa, jo Poog baidījās," the goblin mutters to It.

** spoiler omitted **

You and me both, my friend.

Asha laughs aloud. "The Five Elements? Perfect! Together, let us emcompass all the world has to offer!"

At some point in the evening, Asha will try to get all of you to dance with her, though she won't push too hard, especially if you seem genuinely uninterested rather than just reluctant due to embarrassment. This includes showing Poog her fire poi.


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

Simon will accept a dance, but does not stay on the floor too long and moves rather stiffly.

"It's the old bones, my dear," he says as he ends his turn, bowing to Asha. He smiles when he says it, though.

Bluff check to seem older than he is: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Poog seems baffled by Asha's attempts to get him to dance, exchanging looks with his scruffy dog. However, when she pulls out the fire poi, his eyes grow wide. "This am dancing like goblins!" he exclaims, grinning and showing his sharp teeth.


The crowd roars its cheers as Simon proclaims Asha the victor; at about the same time, a sizable amount of money exchanges hands between those people that were betting on the proceedings. Chung Po gasps suddenly as Asha mends his body, and groggily finds his footing. "You have done your sifu proud, little dancer. Might I have the name of the one who so handily defeated me?" He dances stiffly for a time, but cuts out shortly after Simon - after all, he did just receive a sound beating.

Eventually, you retire to the champion's quarters next door. The building is of fine craftsmanship, and the interior is lavishly appointed. Tatami mats cushion your feet as you walk across the hardwood floors, and the walls contain elegant artwork, mostly of natural settings. Your suite has a modest living area with five separate rooms attached to it. All in all, one would be hard-pressed to find better accommodations in the village.

The night passes uneventfully, and Marythsan himself knocks on the door to your living area early in the morning. "I hope you all slept well. Yon Loi's will have undoubtedly have some good eggs and rice for breakfast, but you're going to need to get to the Tournament grounds so you won't be late for the opening exhibition."


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

Zak rises and prepares himself for the events of the day.

Will today provide the moment that I finally get revenge? I've stayed quiet and in the background, I hope he's not seen me yet, and fled as a result.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8
DM Emissary wrote:
The crowd roars its cheers as Simon proclaims Asha the victor; at about the same time, a sizable amount of money exchanges hands between those people that were betting on the proceedings. Chung Po gasps suddenly as Asha mends his body, and groggily finds his footing. "You have done your sifu proud, little dancer. Might I have the name of the one who so handily defeated me?"

Asha smiles, bowing with great respect to her erstwhile opponent. "I am Asha Ghadvhi," she replies, "and I will be certain to convey your respects to my teachers when next I see them." She lets the other monk go his way after the dance, before turning and trying to drag Zarina out onto the floor in his place.'

DM Emissary wrote:
The night passes uneventfully, and Marythsan himself knocks on the door to your living area early in the morning. "I hope you all slept well. Yon Loi's will have undoubtedly have some good eggs and rice for breakfast, but you're going to need to get to the Tournament grounds so you won't be late for the opening exhibition."

It is Asha who answers Marthysan's knock, as she has already been up for some time, meditating and praying to Shelyn. She takes up her few belongings, her glaive resting easily in her hand, and heads to the inn for breakfast with the others before they officially present themselves for the tournament.


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

Zarina joined Asha on the dance floor, not wanting to be rude, but not terribly interested in The proceedings. After a little while she ceased her stiff dance, and returned to her more comfortable position, sitting and watching the group.

The next morning, she again passed on the food prepared for them. Perhaps if the group members who ate had no ill effects, she could join them the next morning. When she joined the others at the table, however she immediately got down to business. "Anyone have any ideas on what sort of strategy we want to have for this battle? Obviously, I will be running toward the front line. Poog, do you think you can stop any of the others from the back? Asha, i suspect you will be beside me in the front as well. How about the rest of you?"


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

"I can target any foe on the battlefield, and I can do so from the air and in a concealed position. Spell casters will be my first targets, those with little armor will have trouble surviving against the speed and rapidity of my shots. If a foe looks to be a particular threat and I can switch my assault to them. Any of you, call for my aid when needed."

oathbow, boots of speed, rapid shot, deadly aim, point blank shot, improved precise shot, clustered shot - while moving, maxed out I can get three ranged attacks at +19 each for 1d8+15+2d6 per attack and DR is subtracted after all damage is totaled. All that from a flying position with total concealment that I can see perfectly well from and anything less than total concealment for the foe won't effect my shots. With good rolls I could drop a spell caster in a single round.


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

Simon breakfasts lightly - tea and plain rice, no eggs, no condiments of any kind.

When Zarina asks her question, he smilingly replies: "I believe I am best suited for a supporting role. I can distract foes, allowing a frontline warrior a better chance at them, or possibly catch them off-guard in a moment of weakness. I am afraid... mine is not the most honourable fighting style in the world, but it has served me."

Flank 'n gank, basically. ^^


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Hmmm. Vai tas lamatas? Get Poog pastāstīt, kā viņš cīnīties, lai viņi varētu pārspēt viņu? Bet viņi saku Poog kā viņi cīnīties.

Goblin thoughts:

Hmmm. Is this a trap? Get Poog tell them how he fight so they can beat him? But they am telling Poog how they fight.

The goblin squints around, looking at each of you, and then seems to come to a decision.

"Poog am no good in fight. Stupid It no teach Poog how to use fire. But Poog can help make fortunes help you and hurt foes. He also have a few other tricks up him sleeve. Oh, and he can help if you get hurt."

He gives a toothy grin at the final pronouncement.

Mostly buffer/debuffer, with some healing. My thought is to hopefully get hasted -- with a potion if no one else has it -- then hopefully use fortune on everyone before the battle starts, continue it with cackle while moving around and hexing other foes. I can concentrate on anyone you'd rather -- fighters if Zak thinks he can take down spelllcasters quickly.


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

Zarina does have haste as a known spell, so I expect to cast that on most initial combat rounds, if we aren't allowed to pre-buff.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Asha looks a bit pained at Zakarras' talk of his foes "not surviving" his attacks, but for her own part, all she says is, "Yes, my glaive and I will be at the forefront of the battle. However, I warn you not to focus so much on our foes that you forget the crowds. If we can win the audience to our side, they may carry us through when all else might not."

Asha's obviously a front-liner, though the glaive gives her a bit of battlefield control, and most enemies - any that can see, at any rate - will suffer a -1 penalty to their attacks after the first time she hits them with her glaive. However, I should point out: Asha will be dealing nonlethal almost exclusively - only things immune to nonlethal damage will be enough to make her turn her merciful glaive off. As a paladin of Shelyn, killing is practically anathema to her - she risks violating her code if she kills just about any intelligent foe. She will probably argue for mercy from the rest of you as well wherever it would be relevant. Mister DM sir, how lethal are these combats supposed to be?


Deaths are not unknown in the Tournament, but the bouts are not traditionally to the death. Contestants may cede the fight at any time, but particularly headstrong or foolish contestants have ended up dying in the arena.

After breakfast, you head out towards the Tournament grounds. It seems as though all of New Harbor has awakened before dawn. Even as the dull orange sun creeps slowly over the eastern horizon, the fishermen have already crowded into their boats. They move swiftly, like blackened silhouettes dancing against dawn's watercolor palette, eerily silent except for the shuffling of ropes and oars, and the caws of their trained cormorants. You have no difficulty finding the way to the Grand Pavilion, as a steady stream of locals heads south out of New Harbor. It is roughly a mile's walk across Xielan Island's inner harbor to the Pavilion, keeping a respectful distance from the Shadewood's old growth. The towering peak of Yun Chumo, the island's only mountain, grows closer as the road reaches the foot of its sharp slope. A crossroads leads in four directions from here - back towards New Harbor, up the slope towards Yun Chumo's peak, west towards the Pavilion, and south to points unknown. With only a few exceptions, the flow of locals winds its way westward.

Perception DC 20:

As you gaze up at the tall mountain, the sun frames the apex, and you can just make out a small pagoda standing at the terminus of the road leading up the side of the mountain.

At last, you set eyes upon the Grand Pavilion, its low parition walls of whitewashed brick topped with curved, black clay tiles encircling the arena. Red-lacquered torii arches flank the main entrances into the arena, with paper lanterns and prayer chimes waving lazily in the breeze. The spectators head towards these entrances; you, however, are directed towards a side road, along with the other contestants. Here, you are met by one of several priests wearing the gold key of Abadar. "Greetings, honored contestants, and welcome to this decade's Ruby Phoenix Tournament! Before you may enter and participate, you must sign your names to the Tournament entrance contract's rules, and abide by the regulations thereof. If you have questions about them, it is my duty to explain them." He hands each of you a sheet of paper written in the flowing Tien script.

If your character doesn't have issues with, say, reading and writing::

The contract, remarkably, is written in rather simple legal language. Besides writing your name as well as your team name, you must sign your name next to the seven rules of the tournament. They are:

1. The commands of the Emissary and his agents are to be obeyed at all times, and the Emissary's word is final. None shall take violent action against the Emissary or his agents.

2. No contestant may leave Xielan Island until the conclusion of the tournament for any reason.

3. Once a round has begun, no contestant may receive any aid, be it magical or mundane, from anyone not participating in the round as a contestant.

4. Should any contestant yield to a foe and forfeit the battle, failure of other contestants to honor that forfeiture will result in an immediate disqualification.

5. No contestant shall loot the body of a fallen foe.

6. All contestants agree that there shall be no ties; only one team may be named the champions.

7. Contestants are prohibited against fighting one another outside of the Tournament's structure.


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31.

"Well, this certainly looks satisfactory," Simon says after carefully reading the contract. He sets down his autographs with a series of complicated, looping flourishes.


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Anxious for her competition to begin, Zarina is focused on nothing except that. She quickly grabs the contract, and signs without doing ore than a simple skimming of the rule set. "I'm ready," and pushes the paperwork back to the agent.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Asha reads through the contract and signs it without hesitation. However, she looks uncomfortably at Poog, and then back at the agent. "Is there an alternative available for... illiterate contestants?" she asks slowly.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Poog looks surprised at Asha's words.

"You know am know how to read? Poog am read for you:"

He then starts enunciating very clearly:
"ONE. THE. COMMANDS. OF. THE. EMISSARY. AND. HIS. AGENTS. ARE. TO. BE. OBEYED. AT. ALL. TIMES. AND. THE. EMISSARY'S. WORD. IS. FINAL. NONE. SHALL. TAKE. VIOLENT. ACTION. AGAINST. THE. EMISSARY. OR. HIS. AGENTS."

He eventually makes a mark to indicate his acceptance of the contract, and then holds it out for It to put his paw print on the document.


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

Zak scowls at the last rule, but signs it none-the-less.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8
Poog Bonebane wrote:

Poog looks surprised at Asha's words.

"You know am know how to read? Poog am read for you:"

He then starts enunciating very clearly:
"ONE. THE. COMMANDS. OF. THE. EMISSARY. AND. HIS. AGENTS. ARE. TO. BE. OBEYED. AT. ALL. TIMES. AND. THE. EMISSARY'S. WORD. IS. FINAL. NONE. SHALL. TAKE. VIOLENT. ACTION. AGAINST. THE. EMISSARY. OR. HIS. AGENTS."

He eventually makes a mark to indicate his acceptance of the contract, and then holds it out for It to put his paw print on the document.

Asha stares in utter shock at Poog, then bursts out laughing with unrestrained delight. "Oh Rose Eternal, such beauties do You show me!" she exclaims, leaning down to give the goblin a kiss on top of his head. She grins, then bounces on her toes. "When do we begin?"


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Šis viena esmu ļoti piesaista mani. Ir izdomāt, kā pateikt, ka viņai esmu pārāk liels un neveikls un gluda Poog gaumei. Varbūt jāgaida līdz brīdim, kad konkursa. Vai nevēlaties viņai ir salauzta sirds vai nevar palīdzēt Poog jo esmu noraidot viņu.

Poog scowls at Asha.

Goblin thoughts:

This one am very attracted to me. Must figure out how to tell her that she am too big and gawky and smooth for Poog's tastes. Maybe wait until after competition. Don't want her to have broken heart or not help Poog because am rejecting her.


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

"In case you would like to know the name of our group," Simon says, drawing the Abadar priest's attention, "please feel free to announce us as The Five Elements."


The cleric is as taken aback by Poog's ease at handling the contract, and examines everyone's document before stamping each of them. "Everything seems to be in order, Warriors of the Five Elements! If you will follow these tournament officials, they will escort you to your places so the opening ceremonies can begin. I wish you luck in the arena!" A trio of men with shaved heads and dressed in the oranges favored by the Tournament officials lead you into a side entrance. Through an archway on your right, you can see more officials hustling and bustling behind the scenes. A small ziggurat rises from behind these walls, its terraced slopes filled with blossoming cherry trees and white lotus flowers. Another alcove a bit further on is empty, and a simple wooden bench suggests its purpose as to be a waiting area for the contestants before they take the field of battle. You are led past these, and into the sandy arena itself.

The noise in the arena is almost deafening - the shouts of the crowd drown out any individual's voice, leaving a constant roar not unlike a waterfall. The contestants are all gathered in the center, patiently waiting for the events to begin - all around them, acrobats perform to entertain both spectator and contestant as the crowd takes its seats. From here, you can see the ziggurat sports a wooden throne under a red canopy at its top.

When the seats have reached capacity, the acrobats leave the field, and a hush falls over the crowd. Moments laer, the curtains part, revealing the Emissary flanked by Kiang Zhen and Marythsan. Kiang looks much as she did the night before, but Marythsan is wearing full plate, resplendant and shining, with a longsword at his hip. In his hair, he sports an orange whispy feather which flickers in the breeze. Behind the Emissary, like motionless statues, stand no less than a dozen qinggong monks.

The Emissary, a small, wizened man wearing fine orange and gold silk robes, speaks in a clear and deep voice. "I am Sifu Xho Nuo - Emissary of the Ruby Phoenix Tournament and guardian of the legacy of Hao Jin, the once-immortal sorceress in whose name you are gathered here to battle. To honor the Grandmaster's legacy, I stand before you to carry out her final will: the thirty-first decennial Ruby Phoenix Tournament. Without further delay, we begin our first round of the contest. May the worthiest win!"

Upon his final words, the crowd leaps to its feet and erupts into clamorous applause, and the noise is almost deafening.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Poog soaks in the adulation, looking around and wondering if that means they're about to start fighting. He gets ready to cast, just in case.

Poog esmu vēlas viņam bija melni apģērbs, ka esmu meklējat, piemēram, tas esmu uguns. Un vagonu vilkšanai ar zirgiem.

Goblin thoughts:

Poog am wishing he had black outfit that am looking like it am on fire. And chariot drawn by horses. Poog am kind of hungry.


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

At the declaration of the opening of the competition, Zelena gave a small bow to the sifu and to the crowd. I can't believe we are finally here. It's time father...


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Asha smiles broadly, bowing respectfully to the Emissary before straightening to wave enthusiastically at the crowd.


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

Zak eyeballs the other contestants, his emotions barely in check. Is he here! Is the murdering scum within my reach! His hands twitch, eager to avenge the death that has pained him for so long. One hand subconsciously traces the scars across his torso.


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

Simon politely - and stiffly - bows to the Emissary, and then to the four points of the compass.

'It is time,' the little voice whispers in his mind.

"It is time," he thinks back, nodding quietly.

A shudder seems to pass through the cane he is leaning on. A shudder of eagerness.


Zakarras:

You furtively glance around the fight stage, and your heart skips a beat as you see a familiar face - Darys Shrike, dressed in chainmail and carrying his wicked axe upon his broad back. He doesn't seem to have noticed you, however.

Strange - he's standing near to Risha. Must be a coincidence.

Many of the other competitors mug for the crowd, waving, doing backflips and entering into a battle-ready stance. After a time, the usher monks begin moving the most of the competitors off the field - all save yourselves, and a quintet of Tien men and women wearing black silk ghi. Two of them wield polearms with a flat spade at one end and a crescent-shaped blade at the other; two more spin lengths of rope with heavy egg-shaped weights at the end; the fifth brandishes a sword with six odd hooks on it, three to a side. Your group is directed to the western side of the fight arena, while the martial artists practice their katas to the east.

The Emissary stands again, and raises his hands for silence. "On the side of the setting sun, may we present the Warriors of the Five Elements: Poog Bloodbane, Asha Ghadvhi, Simon Greer, Zarina Malora, and Zakarras!" A great cheer arises for you all, which the Emissary silences after a few moments. "On the side of the rising sun, the Monastery of the Enduring Spirit in Quain has sent five of their most promising students!" Another cheer echoes throughout the arena. The Emissary nods to Kiang Zhen, and she makes some arcane motions; within a moment, barriers of light orange energy surround the fight stage, casting the world outside a curiously jaundiced tinge. Now that it is visible, you only see two exits from the arena - one behind you, and one on the side nearest the monks. "With this first battle, let the Tournament be under way! Fight with honor!" The monks, as one, give a loud kiai shout and charge across the field.

Initiatives:
Spade Monks: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Meteor Monks: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Sword Monk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Asha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Zarina: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Simon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Zakarras: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Poog: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The fight stage is 40' wide by 80' long, and you five can be anywhere you like on the westernmost 20' of this. The monks are spread out amongst the eastern edge of this, making it likely that you will only be able to get two of them in an area effect spell. There's a wall of force protecting the audience from wayward arrows and spells - it's 30' high. I'm going to play around with some programs to see if I can get some sort of map tool working for this to make things easier to visualize in the future. Zak, you're up!


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

With her reach, Asha would want to be centrally-placed and toward the front of the group - if we're on a grid of A-P west-east and 1-8 north-south, she'd be D4 or D5.

EDIT: Can I get any sense of roughly how many people are in the stands?


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Ouch on that intiative. Poog would like to be in the back. Also, would he have been able to cast false life ahead of time? Didn't realize we were going to start quite so suddenly.


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

Zak launches into flight, zooming forward and upward to within 30' of the lead monk, while drawing his oathbow. With deadly aim, he unleashes two arrows in quick succession at the monk.

flight, deadly aim, point blank, one use of boots of speed, at -2/+6 for two attacks at +18 to hit and +12 to damage.

Arrow 1: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 271d6 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Arrow 2: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 281d6 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

You can't move and get the extra attack from your boots of speed at the same time. The extra attack only kicks in on a full attack, and is thus only available as part of a full-round action.


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

ooopps, my bad, I'll change that to rapid shot then since I made two attacks and take a -2 to both of those, so my attacks would be:

Arrow 1: 25 to hit, 17 damage
Arrow 2: 26 to hit, 18 damage

thanks for the correction, probably best to keep a good eye on my actions as I haven't played high level pathfinder characters and I'm bound to incorporate 3.5 rules or just plain miss the rules completely


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Actually, Rapid Shot works the same way. There's really no way for your character to move and get more than one attack off in a round, period; in general that's almost impossible, and you don't have any of the particular tricks it takes to do it even a little.


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

Simon claps his hands together and starts to chant. The sand around his feet swirls and dances as his voice rises in pitch, and a patch of air over the party darkens and swirls in response, colours spiralling through all the shades of the rainbow.

A blast of light, a sound not unlike a trumpet fanfare, and a Lantern Archon materializes over the Five Elements.

Simon will be staying at the back near Poog for obvious reasons; casting Summon Monster III to conjure this Lantern Archon will take him all the round. Who would like to be the first to receive its Aid-spell next round?


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

I think the monks should be up now, so I'll hold off on my post. Correct me if I'm wrong.


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

well, that warrants a name change, Zak the Clueless will take a single shot and then look around foolishly.

Arrow (singular): 27 to hit, 17 damage


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

Dont feel alone, Zak. 7th or 8th level is the highest I've played before this game, so I'm clueless, too, lol.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8
Simon Greer wrote:
Simon will be staying at the back near Poog for obvious reasons; casting Summon Monster III to conjure this Lantern Archon will take him all the round. Who would like to be the first to receive its Aid-spell next round?

Should probably be one of the two frontliners - Zarina's to-hit and AC are a bit lower than Asha's, but she's got more hp; I'd still say she'd be the better choice. Poog should probably use fortune on the other one of us, though - whoever doesn't get the aid spell can use the reroll...


OK, I've hacked together a VERY rudimentary map for the first bout. I've never used Google Docs before, so I'm still learning how to make things work. Let me know if you have difficulty viewing this. Also, I'll gladly listen to any tips you all might have - I know a few of you have been doing this far longer than me!


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

I don't have access to the map, DM. Also, I think it is the monk's turn still.


Ah, see, that's what I was talking about. Didn't have sharing set up right. Also, let me know where you'd like to be on the map. Once I have that, I'll do the monks.

101 to 150 of 1,778 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Emissary's Ruby Phoenix Tournament All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.