Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Darknlight's Legacy of Fire.

Game Master Mrdarknlight


101 to 150 of 281 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Male

"The tracks lay in that direction..." He points "Before they stopped."

I'll leave it to the DM to let us know what direction that is. I don't think it was mentioned.


HP 10/10; AC 15, t10, ff15; Init +2; Per +7 || HP 10/10; AC 15, t13, ff11; Init +3; Per +6

Drellik describes the area and offers to lead the group to the tracks. Perhaps somebody else can find something he and Omaz overlooked?


Male Human (Garundi/Keleshite) Wizard (Conjurer) 1

Alem thanks Garavel for the information and turns toward the tent, only to see Asanna and Gethric leaving the tent to meet with the others. He approaches the forming group and is joined by Kaspar, bounding across the sands. As the monkey reaches his master, he scrabbles up onto the man's shoulder. "Kaspar! Where have you been? Up to no good, of that I can be certain." Alem feigns a scowl, but drops it and scratches the monkey's head as he joins the others. "I see you have already spoken with Dashki?"


HP 10/10; AC 15, t10, ff15; Init +2; Per +7 || HP 10/10; AC 15, t13, ff11; Init +3; Per +6

Drellik asks the group to follow him and heads over to Garavel's tent. He begins explaining everything that he has found, along with the details that Dashki has provided.


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

"Spoken with Dashki, yes... however answers are less certain." before following the others to Garavel.


Garavel listens to all the information that the group had given him before saying "I see, we must tell Almah.",He takes you to the her, she listens to the group as well before saying to no one “If my expert is correct, the hills around here should be crawling with these pugwampis, or at least some sign of their passage. If what Dashki says is true, it should be easy for him to find one and bring it back to me.”

She than turns to the group and says “As he is, however, our best suspect in this affair, it would not do to send him out into the darkness alone. I’m afraid that your investigation is not yet at and end. Go out into the desert with Dashki and find me one of these pugwampis.”


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1

Barakus bows to Almah and gathers his weapons and equipment.


Male

"The Desert... very well."


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Eyebrow raised in challenge "Why this night? - surely it would be easier to track the beast in the morning light?"


My fault on that Dashki would of told you, they mostly come out at night. It is late afternoon now if anyone was wondering.


HP 10/10; AC 15, t10, ff15; Init +2; Per +7 || HP 10/10; AC 15, t13, ff11; Init +3; Per +6

"If night is when we will find them, then we should get Dashki and head out at once."


Male

Omaz nods, "If it will speed our journey onward up, most certainly."

Not sure if a nature knowledge check would tell him more about pugwampis but just in case...
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Human (Garundi/Keleshite) Wizard (Conjurer) 1

Alem nods slowly. "If it is to be this night, we should make haste. It would not do to linger in the desert any longer than necessary; whatever beasts there may be will have a dangerous advantage." Kaspar chatters irritatedly and grooms his fur. The monkey's eyes shine with unnatural awareness; he appears to have an understanding of the danger of the proposed task.


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Gethric follows along, using what skill he has to assist in finding tracks and signs of life...

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


HP 19 || AC 17, T 14, FF 13 || F +1, R +7, W +2 || Init +4, Per +4

Asanna laughs at their task as she gathers her belonging for an evening romp through the desert, "So off we go hunting snipes in the dark. Has anyone other than Dashki even seen one of these pugwampis in person? We sure they aren't some made-up folk story?" She has zero skill in the wilds of the desert so Asanna trails along behind one of the actual trackers of the group.


Male

"Nothing solid comes to mind over them," Omaz admits to Asanna, "But it's a lovely night for a snipe hunt if snipe hunt it be." Omaz smiles softly as he too searches for signs as they travel.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Survival:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


The group readies themselves, Dashki is seen waiting for them. The group finds some odd tracks setting out into the scrubland hills north of the Sultan’s Claw, the group search about in darkness for signs of the pugwampis. Dashki tells you all that pugwampis look like little humanoid creature that’s much smaller than a halfling, with light fur, dirty claws, and a tiny jackal head. Walking through these hills takes some time, the group has to watch out for cactus that cover the hill.

After some times the group finally finds some tracks that seems to match a being as small as Dashki had spoken of as well as tracks of what appears to a goat. The group follows these tracks until suddenly the group hears brief cry of a human child comes out of the darkness ahead of them.

The group progress toward the sound, the local cacti growing more and more intense, until the groups finds themselves at the edge of a dense thicket of the prickly plants. The sound of the bleating goat is now loud and it seems to be coming from somewhere deep within the cacti.

Rolls:

Omaz:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Asanna:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Gethric:1d20 ⇒ 10
Alem:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Drellik:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Barakus:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Everyone knows that the cry was from a goat.

Please tell me what you all are going to do, and anyone going into the thicket give me perception checks.


HP 10/10; AC 15, t10, ff15; Init +2; Per +7 || HP 10/10; AC 15, t13, ff11; Init +3; Per +6

Drellik heads into the thicket with Tamuud directly behind him.

Drellik Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Tamuud Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male

Omaz listens, cocks his head, nods and follows Drellik, moving as silently as he may as he does so.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Stealth:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Gethric hangs back a moment as those before him plunge headlong into the thicket of thorns.

Do the tracks go into the thicket or another way?


Into the Thicket.


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1

Barakus draws his crossbow and heads into the thicket.

Perception1d20 ⇒ 17


Male Human (Garundi/Keleshite) Wizard (Conjurer) 1

Alem sighs, spying that the only path lies through the clusters of cacti. Readying his staff, he tries to poke his way through, using the staff to steady himself and to try to push away cacti that block the path. Kaspar screeches and climbs on top of the mage's turban, perching out of the reach of most of the cacti. Alem grumbles at the sudden weight. "Foul, insipid creature..."

Perception check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


HP 19 || AC 17, T 14, FF 13 || F +1, R +7, W +2 || Init +4, Per +4

Asanna eyes the thicket with a weary eye. Cactus spines hurt, even more-so when you had to pull out dozens of the little prickly sons of jackals. As the others proceed to trapise unabashedly into the cactii, Asanna shakes her head as she proceeds to step very carefully after them.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Male

Omaz follows with the others


Everyone in the party sees Rombard the goat, seems stuck to a scrub bush by a hairy, knotted length of rope. The groups takes their time to get to the sound of Rombard. The group is forced to move carefully because of how thick the cactus are. As the group near Rombard he lets out a loud cry, finally the group reaches Rombard and see that he is tied to a cactus instead of stuck. Rombard seems injured as well as seems to be moving about. It seems like you can untie him or cut him down.

Tell me where you all are on the map so I can move you to the correct spot. As for Rombard you all can roll, to cut the rope, untie him or calm him down first. cut rope is attack roll, untie him is escape artist and calm him down is handle animal.

Map


Male Human (Garundi/Keleshite) Wizard (Conjurer) 1

I'll take a full-round action to move three spaces NW of my current position, ending in clear ground.


Male

Omaz will take it slow and steady through the brush pretty much due north Unless he and someone else might crowd each other out

"We should be cautious. Whoever would rope an animal and just leave it here is up to something." As he gets closer to the goat, he'll try to calm the beast, "Shhh... easy there."

Handle Animal:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1

Barakus covers anyone going near the goat with his crossbow, he'll remain where he is.


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Gethric had not yet entered the thicket - so should be at I,-3 or so

Gethric remained outside of the field of thorns... not yet seeing a need to expose himself to the same uncomfort and pain that the others must be enduring.


HP 19 || AC 17, T 14, FF 13 || F +1, R +7, W +2 || Init +4, Per +4

Asanna creeps close slowly through the cacti, picking each step and movement carefully through the living minefield. As Omaz attempts to calm down the goat, the tiefling slips up quietly and starts to attempt to unwrap the rope from its current cactus spine pinned location.

Moving to C:-3.
Stealth Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Stealth Check (2nd Roll if needed): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Escape Artist Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Escape Artist Check(2nd Roll if needed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


HP 10/10; AC 15, t10, ff15; Init +2; Per +7 || HP 10/10; AC 15, t13, ff11; Init +3; Per +6

"This seems too easy..."

Drellik heads for C-3 and Tamuud moves to C-4. He attempts to watch for anything that might be hiding near the goat.

Drellik Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Tamuud Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Alem walks up to the area about the goat, with Omaz right behind. Omaz than moves up to Rombard and attempts to calm him down which does not seem to work. Asanna moves up and attempts to free Rombard, but not seeming to be able to do the task. Drellik moves up to follow the others with his companion Tamuud looking about. Gethric and Barakus hold their position waiting. Rombard stills struggles and cries out even with the group around him.

Spoiler:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Map


Male

"apparently not TOO easy," Omaz says with a sigh as the goat stays agitated.


HP 19 || AC 17, T 14, FF 13 || F +1, R +7, W +2 || Init +4, Per +4

Asanna curses under her breath as she struggles to untangle the rope from the cactus. As Rombard struggles and bleats in fear, she looks to Omaz, "Please calm the goat otherwise it's just going to hurt itself once it makes a break for freedom." She goes back to attempting to unwrap the rope once more.

Escape Artist Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
2nd Escape Artist Check (if needed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


HP 10/10; AC 15, t10, ff15; Init +2; Per +7 || HP 10/10; AC 15, t13, ff11; Init +3; Per +6

Drellik begins making soothing noises, attempting to calm the goat.

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male

"Apologies, Asanna, the beast is stubborn." He tries again, perhaps between Drellik and himself, it can be done.
I'll try again if possible, though I'm not sure I can beat what I had last time
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Gethric remains outside of the briar patch and watches his companions attempts at freeing the goat.


After some work the group finally gets Rombard to calm down but are still unable to free him from the rope.

Spoiler:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


HP 19 || AC 17, T 14, FF 13 || F +1, R +7, W +2 || Init +4, Per +4

Asanna growls with fustration as she pulls back a pricked finger. She sucks on the blood welling up from it as she gives the rope another try. Curse all goats and cacti to the Nine Hells.

Escape Artist Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Escape Artist Check (2nd Roll if needed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


HP 10/10; AC 15, t10, ff15; Init +2; Per +7 || HP 10/10; AC 15, t13, ff11; Init +3; Per +6

Drellik attempts to cut the rope with his dagger.

Attack, dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Our first real fight should be interesting... we're currently losing the battle against a domesticated goat. :)


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

No change to Gethric.


Male Human (Garundi/Keleshite) Wizard (Conjurer) 1

As the others busy themselves with the goat, Alem regards it with thoughtfulness. "It is curious that the missing goat should be tied to a tree in the desert. Perhaps the goat is a talented knot-maker?" The wizard looks suspiciously around the clearing for signs of...something. He knows not what he is looking for. Perhaps some tracks, or a shadow out of place among the cacti.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

The landscape looks strangely alien in the dim pale light beaming from the sliver of Somal. The flickering flames of the torches cast queer shadows in the night, and it seemed as though the thorny inhabitants of the cactus patch were dancing, advancing and withdrawing with every slight breeze. To Alem's ears, even the frightened bleating of the goat sounds warped somehow by the faint magic of the desert night. A slight chill forces its way down his spine, and Alem is momentarily captured under the desert's spell.


Male

"We are being toyed with, of that I'm certain," Omaz glanced about keeping his own eyes peeled to see if someone else was watching them as they struggled with the knot.

perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Rombard the goats cannot seem be be be let loose from his rope, from what the members of the group have tried. Alem and Omaz do not seem to see anything as they look around for what might of tied the goat to the thicket.

Spoiler:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31


HP 19 || AC 17, T 14, FF 13 || F +1, R +7, W +2 || Init +4, Per +4

Asanna is ready to throw her hands up in defeat as she keeps struggling with the rope, "If any of you menfolk are better with a rope, you're welcome to come try this damnable knot."

Escape Artist Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Escape Artist Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


HP 10/10; AC 15, t10, ff15; Init +2; Per +7 || HP 10/10; AC 15, t13, ff11; Init +3; Per +6

Drellik stands back, perplexed about what is happening. He once again tries to cut the rope.

Attack, dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Is there anything else we can do? We've been stuck on this goat encounter for almost a month.


Asanna finally manages to free Rombard from the rope. The goat seems happy to be freed when you all hear an odd noise. Out of the thicket came a small jackal headed creature that seems to be saying something in gnoll. The creature than attacks Asanna, hitting her with its little bow, not seeming to do much damage to her.

Gnoll:

"Get away from food!"

Mobs:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Players:

Alem:1d20 ⇒ 11
Asanna:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Barakus:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Drellik:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Gethric:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Omaz:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Order:
Gethric
Monster
Alem
Omaz
Asanna
Grellik
Barbkus

Map

Just post in any order I will put it in the right order when I finish up the round. If there was any actions that I had missed tell me.


Male Human (Garundi/Keleshite) Wizard (Conjurer) 1

Based on the format you seem to want to follow, it might work better if I just post character actions without interpreting it in-character. Alem will cast Ray of Frost at the creature. He will hold his ground, not moving. Rolling twice, no need to tell me Also, totally just remembered my teleportation power. That might come in handy.

RoF Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 3
RoF Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 15
RoF Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Male

"It claims the damned goat is it's food," Omaz translates. However, he doesn't seem too sympathetic, or maybe the blasted goat has just put him in a bad mood.

He backs up a bit, draws and fires at the gnoll headed thing in one smooth motion

Arrow away 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
If that hits...dmg is 1d8 ⇒ 8

101 to 150 of 281 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM DarknLight Legacy of Fire, Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.