Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Corvus' Carrion Crown PBP (Inactive)

Game Master CorvusRed

United by the death of a common friend and teacher, five heroes must face the horrors of Ustalav's past.


1,001 to 1,050 of 2,308 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Oh... woops, forgot to do that.

Rapier vs. ghost thing 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13; Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


female Half-elf Cleric-4

If it survives to round 2 Iesha will pull out her battle aspergillum and swing at it.

battle_aspergillum: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

damage_blunt: 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

holy_water: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

If it is already destroyed she will try once more to force the door and go to aid Talia.


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Hearing the door hiss behind her, Talia tries to open and move through it to join her friends, fearing a swipe of her claws or dagger may do nothing to the creature before her.


Round 1 Appendix

Alzano's slashing attack meets the target, but fails to dissuade or even wound it, the blade finding little purchase in the ectoplasm

Aleksandr jabs at the creature as it draws close, wounding it, but it presses forward. total -6 hp
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
1d8 ⇒ 2

It reaches out for Alzano, but the nimble rogue dodges the clumsy swipe.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

round 1 complete for real this time

Round 2

need actions from:
Alzano
Aleksandr
Peredur


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Deciding that his weapons are going to be pretty much useless against the thing, Alzano decides to remain where he is and try to draw and avoid the creature's attacks. "That's right, ghostie... try to hit me again!"

(Going total defense - +4 dodge bonus to AC brings it to 21, touch 18.)


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Round 2:

Status:

HP: 19/19 AC: 17 Conditions: None

Damage done to the door, Peredur comes to the rogue's aid. His longsword describes a great slashing arc that tears through the fabric of the apparition.

To hit (add 2 if favored enemy bonus applies): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Damage (add 2 if favored enemy bonus applies): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Round 2

As Alzano braces himself to dodge another blow, Aleksandr again jabs at the creature, piercing it enough to disrupt its semi-solid form. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 1d8 ⇒ 3 combined with Peredur's swipe of his blade, which sprays the vile ecotplasm across the floor behind the creature, it loses the will to keep itself together, or perhaps has lost too much mass to keep the soul within trapped--either way, the form fails, and a splatter of ectomplasm collapses to the floor.

Talia flees, perhaps wisely, from the creature through the now open door, however, it swings at her as she tries to escape it's grasp. The creature lands a solid blow to the woman [1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 dmg 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 will save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21]

Talia, -5 HP

The undead thing persists, following Talia into the hallway. this time, it reaches out for the closest target, Iesha, who had turned to help Talia: [ 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 dmg 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 will save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 ]

Iesha, -7 hp

End Round 2

Round 3!

Aleksandr
Peredur
Talia -5 hp
Iesha - 7 hp
Alzano
Thing #2 - full hp


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

If it's still alive...

Seeing Iesha wounded by the creature, Alzano rushes (against his better instincts) to her aid. He swings at the thing to try to distract it from harming her further. (Or whoever is next to it if Iesha moves...)

Aid another to give Iesha +2 AC 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha will once more channel to harm this creature.

1d6 ⇒ 6


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Seeing Iesha took the attack meant for herself, Talia steps up behind Iesha and touches her, healing energy pouring forth.

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Round 3:

Status:

HP: 19/19 AC: 17 Conditions: None

Peredur moves in on the second apparition, but keeping his footing on the slippery floor proves to be too difficult for him to coordinate an attack as he moves.

To hit (not including favored enemy bonus): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Alkeksandr turns on the new creature and edges forward, stabbing at it with his spear.

Stabby Stabby: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Between Aleksandr and Iesha's efforts, the creature expires--the damage to the ectoplasmic form is too great. It looses all cohesion and form, and splashes across the stone floor.

Silence returns to Harrowstone, at least for the time being.

vailable routes for the party: West, North, north small doors 1 through four, Back East to Foyer


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

For future reference, does Peredur get his favored enemy (undead) bonuses against these things?

The half-elf smiles a little nervously. "And would those be th' welcoming committee? It's thinking I am to look at where our dree spirit came from, for such as they might be guarding something of interest."

He moves towards the west door. Perception check (add 2 if undead involved): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


female Half-elf Cleric-4

"Who else is hurt? Gather around me."

After healing everyone, Iesha turns to Alzano.

"Thank you for the aid. I appreciate it."

Channel_Heal: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Combat_Status:

Status:
HP: 14/14 AC: 14
Conditions: None Duration: (if applicable) x out of x rounds)
Spells: 0th: 4/4; 1st: domain: 1/1; standard: 3/3
[b]Channel Energy] 6/day; 3 remain


yes, he does


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Thank you, Iesha. Your aid is most appreciated. Let us continue west, I think, as Peredur seems to be heading that way anyway."


A slightly better map

This spacious room smells of mildew and rot. A long desk and chair sit to the south, while a narrow alcove to the northwest contains a closed safe. Thick layers of dust cover everything.

Daylight streams through two filthy windows in the wall behind the desk.

available routes: back out, to the eas.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Peredur looks ruefully at the safe before turning his attention to the desk. "Had I but a few tools to hand...."

Perception check to find anything useful or interesting: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


The desk itself is slowly taking to rot with the onslaught of time. It is empty. The safe appears in rather pristine, if dusty condition--it is finely made and sturdy, and is opened by a key, which is nowhere to be found in the room.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

From knowing roughly how long the front face of the building is, about how much farther to the west does the prison extend from here?


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha looks for the key.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Alzano pulls out his collection of thieves' tools and hands them to Peredur. "Here... not sure why I've been carrying these around. Tried to learn to use them once, but never picked up on it. You might find them more useful." Something about plausible deniability, was it? Always depend on others to do your dirty work... heh.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

The half-elf takes the tools from Alzano and looks them over. "Thank you kindly! These should do th' trick, with a healthy bit of luck. It's thinking I am that a safe in a place full of miscreants of all stripes will not be so easily opened." He examines the safe for nefarious devices before trying to pick the lock.

I think you roll the Perception check, DM Corvus.

Disable Device check to open the safe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


The building isnt so much rectangular as septagonal (thats a thing right? Decade plus since geometry). there's a bit more to the northwest.

Peredur is able to get a good feel for the lock and the mechanism through his efforts, but unable to get that last satisfying click of success.


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

"Perhaps we'll get lucky and find the key somewhere. Should we try the other door, just outside of this one?"


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Peredur carefully packs away the tools, looking slightly dispirited. "Aye, that's a good thought."


The next door in the hallway full of many many doors reveals itself to be nothing more than old privvy. There is nothing of interest, and it hardly seems worth checking into further. For obvious reasons.

Remaining doors: North at the end of the hall, small doors 1 through 4.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

"As long as it's close, th' north door seems our best choice. It's thinking I am that the small doors are cells, though why they'd be so close to th' entrance is a mystery."


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

"I suspect the upper level would be for guards and employees; perhaps they're privies and small rooms for other purposes. The actual cells are likely elsewhere. Though there may be other rooms on this floor to investigate further. Talia pauses for a moment, thinking.

"Yes, I think the north door sounds good; we can always return to check out the other doors in this hallway."


More mappage

The north door opens to a series of silent hallways. Several doors mark entrances to several rooms. All is still beneath a layer of untouched dust.

There are several doors to choose from here, and rather than assign them directions, I will assign letters, starting from left and heading right, clockwise around the room. please refer to the map above. Door H will be the door in the center of the map. please let me know if this is unclear.

possible routes: Door A, Door B, Door C, Door D, Door E, Door F, Door G, Door H


female Half-elf Cleric-4

"I think we should check the rooms here first, then work our way around hitting each in turn. Since we've already been attacked, I'd like to make sure we've cleared out any potential threats behind us, we know the place is necromanticly active. I'd rather not get trapped."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

"Aye, to start with th' small rooms would be best."


Each in door in turn reveals a small office like room, with shelves stuffed with leatherbound tomes and stacks of paper, all somewhat well preserved. It would appear that the party has stumbled upon the prison records.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Peredur stares at the bounty of information in the small rooms. "It's a fine conundrum we've found: do we pause for an hour or three and research, or explore first? It's thinking I am that research should wait for a moment, or at least 'til we've set eyes on th' rest of th' area."


female Half-elf Cleric-4

"That does sound reasonable, Peredur. Besides, we can take most of this back to town to research at our leisure and without risk of being attacked by undead. I hope."

Iesha gazes wistfully at the stacks of records and information.

"Perhaps afterwards we can donate the stuff to the town."


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

"I agree; we can stop by for paperwork to look through on our way out. Shall we continue our search? That room on the left, perhaps?" Door A


Perception, DC 15:
As the party enters the room, an odd smell fills the air. More like a memory... that of burning flesh.

This stark room contains a low bench against the north wall. On the west wall, beneath three barred windows is an old rotten desk. In the corner to the south, a brass brazier lies on its side, surrounded by several rusty branding irons.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Argh! Unless he can take 10 by searching the room?


not in this case, active check only


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Peredur will try to look out the windows to orient himself with regard to the outside.


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Alzano eyes the stacks of records as well. "Probably a bit much to take back town town, huh."

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

"And nothing in here. Better than a roomful of zombies or something."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.
DM Corvus wrote:
not in this case, active check only

If the check involves undead, he makes it because of his favored enemy bonus. Any joy in that regard?


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha will scan the room for anything interesting.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Iesha, please see previous post for perception check


female Half-elf Cleric-4

"Odd. Does anyone else smell burning flesh?"


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5

"Afraid not, Iesha. Can you tell where it might be coming from? Does it seem old or new?"


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Alzano senses something is about to go horribly wrong after Iesha's statement. "On second thought, I might prefer a roomful of zombies. Least you know what you're dealing with." He tenses up, preparing for whatever is about to happen.


dm screen:

1d5 ⇒ 4

peredur: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 - dmg 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 1 = 10
iesha: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 - dmg 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1) + 1 = 8
talia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
aleksandr: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

There is a clatter of metal from the corner, and the four brands that had previously been resting on the rgound rise into the air, and streak across the room at Peredur, Iesha, Talia and Aleksandr. Talia ducks, and the brand clatters back to the floor after glancing off the wall. Aleksandr swats the brand headed his way and it falls still.

Iesha shouts in pain as the bran connects with her shoulder. The burn hisses and scorches her clothing, the heat reaching her skin through cloth and armor. It's damage done, the brand falls to the floor.-8hp

Peredur attempts to dodge the final brand , but as he turns away, the burning metal sinks into his neck, just below his left ear. Another shout of pain and sickening hiss of seared flesh, and the brand drops, it's sinister work complete, it's mark left. A H in decorative script, seared into his flesh. -10 hp

The scent of burned flesh now pervades the room, obvious to all.


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha says something very rude in Varisian, then says "That hurt. What was that all about? And who all needs healed?"

She will use her third channel for the day.

1d6 ⇒ 4

"It looks like we're going to need a lot of healing here. let's do what we can while we're here today, then see if we can pick up healing potions from the chruch for the future."

She looks at Peredur's injury and default casts a cure light wounds on him.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The dice hate me today

After checking his injury and her own further she decides to use one more channel energy to try to heal him and anyone else still injured further.

Heal_check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

1d6 ⇒ 3

sigh

1,001 to 1,050 of 2,308 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Corvus' Carrion Crown PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.