Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


351 to 400 of 1,622 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

"Yes...the riddle in the entry...yes...I believe those two riddles are connected. You must go to the left for entry to the right, which seems wrong, but is, clearly, right. There...there you will find the sleepers." Yrix uses her neck to scoop the coins down below the table.

"Now...if you have no other questions, let me offer you entry to the door to the south. The hallway beyond has been sealed with strong magics - but I know the way to disarm it. I could be persuaded to do so for 5GP for each of you."

Random Check:

1d20 ⇒ 1
1d20 ⇒ 2

It is painfully obvious to all of you that Yrix knows nothing about the riddle and is making up the information about it. And the information about the trap seems almost as equally dubious.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh shakes his head.

"Yrex, you have taken honest coin and given false information--at least some of it is false. Unless you can prove anything you have told us, we should get our money back."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Hold, before anyone does anything rash. Elizabeth holds up her hand. Yrex did tell us very plausible information about the pit and necromancer. The information about the riddles is..very dubious as Garuneh has stated. I don't want this to end in violence. So Yrex, if you know the information about the riddles you have given is not true, please give us the two gold back and let us part on amible terms

Diplomacy?


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Yrix recoils. It's clear she's offended. "You question my vision? Go. Go then to the south. See what happens. But leave me be. I have given, you have paid. The transaction is complete."

With that, she withdraws and moves back under the the table.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Oops.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Lets head north and put the more plausible information to a test first. Then we shall decide what to make of the other things she said.", Gunder suggests.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

That sounds reasonable. Too the crossways then. Elizabeth waits for Durbolf to join her at the lead again.[/b]


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"I am in agreement, Ser Undertable."

To Garuneh, in a whisper, "I would not worry overmuch about offending the creature. It was clearly attempting to bilk us of our coins, although I do believe the information regarding a Necromancer and his undead minions worth the cost."

Readying his bow, Aldous casts dancing lights again, hoping the darkness has abated from the previous room.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"You know, those creatures are often guardians in Vudra. How far they have fallen," says Garuneh ruefully.

"I have depleted several spells this evening...let us hope that we are not set upon at the crossways," he continues.


"I agree with Garuneh, in hoping we don't encounter to much trouble."


So, just to be clear, you're heading back west, correct?


male Halfling Oracle 3

yes, we are heading back west.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

So when we get to the t-section we will just keep going west, right? Elizabeth wilkeep her eyes peeled.


You move to the west, back through the room that was previously covered in darkness. Now that you can see, you discover religious carvings depicting the judgment of souls covering
the walls of this room. A stone pedestal with a bowl-shaped depression on top stands in the northwest corner. Wooden cabinets and chests of drawers line the walls.

Updated Map

Any actions for this room?


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder points to the cabinets and chests. "Elizabeth, do these look trapped to you? Or do you think it is safe to open them and take a look inside? Maybe we can find something useful."

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

I cast detect magic and scan the whole area. I spend the time necessary to pinpoint any sources of magic showing, then identify them if possible.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth examines the cabinets and chests along with the pedestal.

Perception, will take 20


You poke through the cabinets, chests and the pedestal. Most of the items are uninteresting, but you do find a cloak and two scrolls that all give off a magical aura.

The rest of the religious accoutrements stored here are all unexceptional, though they do appear to be the type of historic artifacts the church of Pharasma was requesting that you retrieve.

Continuing west, you move past the junction and discover a set of identical doors in the north and south of the hallway. Further west, the hallway splits again, but another set of double doors lie straight ahead.

Updated Map


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Should we try this door or the hallway first?"
Door leading north first, or hallway leading north first? I vote for door first, because it is closer.

Will cast Guidance and Virtue on everyone again before we open the door, or move around the corner.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Before we do, can Aldous identify those scrolls and that cloak? They could prove useful in dealing with whatever is behind that northern door.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Let us try the door to the north. Elizabath examines the door. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Sczarni

Male Cuddly L'il Fuzzy Hamster Psion (Telepath) 20

[Ooc ]Identify rolls: Cloak 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 scroll #1 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 scroll #2 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 assuming guidance gets recast in between the id's.[/ooc]


Aldous Mor'esti your Avatar.
I'll stay out here and come in if I hear anything approaching our location.
I'd rather be cautious at this point.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

whoops. Serves me right for posting from my phone.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh also casts Detect Magic and looks at the cloak. Spellcraft on the cloak: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

In case your roll wasn't high enough. That should cover the items.


Aldous:

You are unable to identify the cloak, but the scrolls are both scrolls of delay poison.

Garuneh:

You manage to identify the cloak as a cloak of resistance (+1)

Examining the door, Elizabeth discovers nothing unusual. Pushing it open, you see the smooth floor and ceiling of this circular room have been polished to a glossy shine, and the curving walls appear to be made of a faintly silver reflective material as smooth and flawless as glass.

Updated Map


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Hmm..I wonder what function this room had. Elizabeth checks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
KnowEngineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Good save there Garuneh. Scrolls to Garuneh & Gunder? I assume everyone wants the cloak. Perhaps a roll to determine recipient?

"Truly an intriguing room. Mirrors all round, perhaps some form of scrying device, or a meditation chamber?" Aldous casts dancing lights to illuminate the room followed by detect magic, and scans the room. His bow remains readied.

"Are there no other exits to this room? Strange..."


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Not an oven, I hope."

Elizabeth has a low Fort save and will be on the front lines...


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"That is a most...distressing idea. I would not, as well. These Pharasmins do not incinerate theory dead, do they? The presence of crypts suggests otherwise, but I am far from expert in these matters."


Elizabeth:

Again, the construction and engineering of this ancient tomb is far beyond what you've encountered before. The glimmering walls of the room are made of an unknown material and it is perfectly circular - a feat in and of itself.

Aldous:

This room gives off an aura of overwhelming conjuration.

If any of you approach within 1 foot of the walls, the hair on your body to stand on end. The walls create a tingling sensation in the limbs or body of any of you that come within 1 inch of the walls. Anyone touching the walls feels a deep, thrumming vibration beneath the cold, glassy
surface.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

This room is fantastic! Oh my brothers would give all their teeth to see this! Ha!

Andrea feels her hair begint o stand on end. Er...Whoa...Let us get out of here. I think something is happening.

Elizabeth moves to leave the room.


Everyone But Tina:

Before Elizabeth can exit the deep vibration in the walls rises in a crescendo until an audible hum fills the entire room. At the same time, the curving walls seem to move, rotating faster and faster around the circumference of the room. About 5 seconds later, the hum dies down and the walls stop spinning.

Looking to the exit, you see that the door is shut.

Tina:

You see Elizabeth move to exit the room, but before she is able, she is lost in a blur of silver as the room appears to spin. It does that for about 5 seconds and then stops as suddenly as it began. However, your companions are no longer in the room.


Where the heck did they go?


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth looks around in a panic. How #@%@^! We set off a trap I think. rushes to the door and yanks it open.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder is confused and feels slightly dizzy.
"Woah - what was that?"

Perception (Is the wall still "charged"?): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Tina Only:

A few seconds after the spinning has stopped you hear Elizabeth's voice behind you, coming through the door to the south. Moments later, the door bursts open and you see the group, much as you last saw them, but slightly different.

It looks as if they have been reversed — they now have the mirror image of the form they had in the original room. Right-handed characters are now left-handed, a birthmark on the left side of the body is now on the right, a sword worn on the right hip is now on the left hip.

It's subtle difference, but it's definitely noticeable.

Elizabeth yanks open the door and sees Tina standing, as before, in the hallway.

The hum in the room seems to have ended and the energy dissipated. Whatever caused the spinning is no longer active.

Perception Checks:

Elizabeth - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Garuneh - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Durnolf - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Aldous - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Gunder - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Elizabeth, Garuneh and Durnolf:

Something has changed since the room stopped spinning. You feel odd.

It appears that your body has been "mirrored." You feel your heart beating on the left side of your chest - lifting your hand to feel the difference you lift the opposite hand than you normally would.

This “mirroring” has no real game effects - a formerly right-handed character is now just as proficient with her left hand as she was with her right.


"How the heck did you get over there, and why are your clothes mirrored?"


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"The riddle. 'My heart beats on the right, or is it wrong?' Now at least we know this is literal." Garuneh stares at his left hand.

"Over where, Tina? ...are we on the south side of the corridor, now?" Garuneh tries to get his bearings.

"Perhaps it's a teleportation chamber from North to South, although I have no idea why one would want to travel such a small distance. To create left-handed somethings, I suppose."

They tie the hands of people like this in Vudra, he muses, my homeland is wonderful, but also full of minor injustices.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Perhaps if we want to reverse it, we can try the chamber again..." Garuneh says wonderingly.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Well that was most...interesting. I appear to be unharmed, at least. Is that the case for everyone else?" Aldous keeps his detect magic spell going. Anything change when the spinning/blurring effect go off? Any active spells or similar effects?

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19Spellcraft, if necessary

"Now what?


male Halfling Oracle 3

"I feel ... confused. But I think I'm okay. Just need a moment to get used to this."
He moves his hands and looks at them in amazement.

"Are you sure you want to go back in there, Garuneh? We might come out upside down next time. At least let us try to find out more about the nature and purpose of this thing first. Lets move on to the right ... I mean, left. Maybe we'll find some answers there."

Hallway north next? If anyone wants to try that room again, Gunder will wait outside and see what happens to those who go in first.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"I am not sure of anything anymore. Yes, let's move on."


"Let's return here later and see if we can undo what was done."


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"What in the...this just isn't right! But yes, this might just be what we need to get through the rest of this. Let's press on."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth really looks unhappy. What the hell has happened? My heart is supposed to be on the other side. Urgg.. Am I me, or just a copy?

Elizabeth looks paniked and huddles next to the wall.


"I think your all the real deal, it's just that the teleportation process did a mirroring."


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"That hardly seems like a sane way to utilize teleportation magic. The potential side effects and problems could prove disastrous. These Pharasmins should stick to healing, praying, and burying the dead. The true arcane arts seemingly lie beyond their ken entirely."

Would Knowledge(Arcana) be applicable. Any chance Aldous would have heard/read about such an effect, whether intended or not?


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Let's head north.

351 to 400 of 1,622 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.