Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Ashardaldon Series - Unoptimized KK

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Hapless heroes fall into place, do these broken souls have the will to become heroes?


1,601 to 1,650 of 3,617 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane shrugs....flexing her shoulders even as she shows she's unconcerned either way. She slows and looks around for a nice place to rest in the shade of one of the tree.

"Okay, if we're going to follow them...I have an idea." She winks conspiratorially, even as she settles down to wait for a bit.

Xane has a plan (^_~)


Not in Use

Thedrin initially makes off to follow the orcs, though is driven to pause by Xane's mention of a plan. He turns a quizzical and questioning eye upon her...


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane rests against her chosen tree...and waits a short while....(^_^)


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"What is tha plan?"


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

After a short rest...and the Orcs are no longer hear-able nor see-able...Xane stands up and sorts the group into a rough line with herself and Soot at the front and Gurukk at the rear.

Then she goes to where the party saw the Orcs and

Animal Handling: 'Take Ten' =15

Gets Soot to begin tracking the Orcs.

Perception Soot:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 (Tracking)

And after a few false starts (She eventually uses a small scrap of Gurukk's clothing to help Soot along.

Perception Soot: 'Take Ten' =15

The group trails along after the Orc mob.

(^_^)


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Soot takes up the trail and at times gets a bit excited.

You are certain that a dark spot low on a tree means you are headed the right way.

Soot licks the wet spot a couple of times as you watch!


Not in Use

Thedrin follows in step as directed, happy to accede to their new Ranger companion... though he doesn't lick the wet tree...


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"Orc piss I bet, Zane yah better not let Soot lick yer face!"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

As you observe the four orcs ahead of you they take a path that climbs up one last steep switchback toward a bare shoulder of rock. The hillside climbs steeply on your right and drops away precipitously on your left. Debris and rubbish lies scattered over the last hundred yards or so of the path—discarded waterskins, bits of charred bone, and splintered casks or kegs discarded carelessly from the path. Up ahead, the path opens onto a wide ledge and then doubles back sharply into the mountainside.

This once hidden carved pathway is one option though the smoke that rises seems to indicate a different direction.


Not in Use

"Sooo - through the path or toward the smoke?"


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

"Where there is smoke there is fire, its a sign from the Fire God. So towards the smoke!"


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane shrugs, even as she gives Soot a good scratching and playful tussling for doing such a good job of leading every one to the place.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

You trace the smokyness to a saddle between the stone tooth and another smaller hillside, dense thickets and boulders are strewn in the area and a deep enbankment has to be climbed.

Picture

Perception DC 16

Spoiler:
A natural rock chimney leads into darkness below the fissure is large enough to descend into at this point and as far as you can see.


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Xane looks at the hole in the ground...."Hmmm...I didn't think about that..." She seems to say to herself..


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"Whaddya findin?"


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"What didn't you think about?"


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"Respen, should we go down this hole?"


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

"Either that or charging through the front entrance, hehe." As he says that he takes a marble out of his pouch and tosses it down the hole and listens to any reactions or noises from it.

perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Not in Use

Thedrin sits back a moment, seeing his companions have it well at hand and awaiting their thoughts.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The marble falls.....
....and hits a solid surface

knowledge nature/"physics"
DC 13

Spoiler:

about 30 feet down


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

"Lower a rope and let Gurukk go in first. Gurukk can see in the dark and if any orcs are down there they may accept Gurukk as one of theirs long enough to get the drop on them."


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane kneels down and absently scratches behind Soot's ears.

"Aye, let's figure out how deep and vertical this hole is..." Xane suggests.

And, for those who haven't figured it out....Dogs can't 'climb'...:P


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"Soot belongs inna chimney, by Jimminy!"


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

At Erky's comment, Xane just raises an eyebrow, and continues to scratch Soot's ear while pondering the issue at hand.


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"So Gurukk yer goin down fer a look an you'll tug tha rope three times tah comes down an four times tha yer comin back up?"


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

"Sounds good. Gurukk will tug only one time if it isn't safe, or zero times if Gurukk is dead."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

head first?
feet first?

with a rope?

Please make 3 climb checks and 2 reflex saves.....


Not in Use

Thedrin continues to watch... clearly Gurukk was in his element here and he was not sufficiently qualified to intervene...


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Gurukk will climb down a rope if there is a place to tie one down up here, other wise will climb down without one

Climb 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Climb 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Climb 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Gurukk will take the quick path


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane sighs as Gurukk clambers down the rope.

"Really...he isn't that heavy. I could have lowered him, y'know..." She crosses her arms and huffs a little. Seeming disappointed in people's lack of faith in her abilities.

:P


Not in Use

Thedrin puts a hand to an ear and awaits the inevitable squishy thump...


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

THe barrow chimney opens up in 30 feet to a domed ceiling over a fire pit, that is used for cooking a small fire is going there. The chamber if about 20 feet high, you will have to use a rope to continue down to the floor.

Make a perception check!


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Meanwhile, outside...

Xane looks at Soot, looks at how much rope the party has.

"So...does any one think we can make, maybe, a sling type affair..?" She asks of those remaining opinions...

"Like I said, after I realized Gurukk went down, I can easily just lower ever one on a rope. No need for climbing or hanging around at all..." She frowns, even as she again bends down to rub and scratch Soot. "You're a distraction, yes you are, yes you are..."


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Well then Gurukk will need to be lowered down by Xane if she is willing


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

No worries then. :)

Who's got the skill with tying up ropes?


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Gurruk describes a room below....

The chimney

A large, smoky fire crackles in the center of this room. Battered pots and kettles are stacked all over; clearly, this serves as a crude kitchen. You notice a distinct draft drawing the smoke up through a rough hole in the ceiling of the chamber.

Erky steps up and securely ties Gurukk and then begins to craft a harness for Soot.


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

OKay...Xane will lower folks down the hole. The second last 'person' down will be Soot...That way there are lots of folks down there to catch her if something maybe goes wrong and also release her from the harness.

After that? It's Xane's own fault if she falls and lands on her @rse. (^_^)

Xane's Spelunking:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

EDIT: Does the DM want any type of 'Strength check' for Xane's efforts getting folks down the hole?


Not in Use

Thedrin submits himself to the lowering, thankful when he reaches the base that a fire affords some degree of light for his eyes.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

It doesn't really take that much time to get everyone lowered into the caverns below....

What is the plan for the rope?


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,
KenderKin wrote:
What is the plan for the rope?

Not sure I understand you. Xane climbs down with out using the rope and brings it with her. She was acting as the 'anchor' and 'lowering mechanism'. :)


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

That works fine!

Xane comes down last and is ready to go.

seems to be only one direction to go at this point!

Marching order and stealth if needed....


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

happy to bring up the rear with Soot. (^_^)

Stealth Xane:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Stealth Soot:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Not in Use

Thedrin in the middle with Erky and Respen / Gurukk at the lead?

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

I will be posting a full map under the campaign tab...


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

"Gurukk will go in front in case dumb orcs see Gurukk. In orc tribe, Gurukk is quite the smooth talker."


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

"Gurukk do you wish for us to stay back so you can do your talking with them seeing us or do you want us close behind just in case." He'll be the second one going through the tunnels.

Stealth:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Map is up and you are in area 5.....


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

"Yes stay back from Gurukk, but not too far back. Feel free to ambush them while Gurukk keeps them busy."


Not in Use

Purdy map - I think we follows Gurukk into area 4a for a looksee first


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

While she's awaiting every one moving out, Xane takes a peek into anything about the place that might be...edible...

perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

1,601 to 1,650 of 3,617 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ashardaldon Series - Unoptimized KK All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.