Lost Omens Character guide?


Lost Omens Campaign Setting General Discussion


I am trying to create a comprehensive character (I love designing things, so I can't 'just make a character'... I 'must' really get into the details).

In the 'overview' of my "Lost Omens Ancestry Guide" a "Lost Omens Character guide" is mentioned as the introduction of several ancestries/heritages.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that guide in hardcover in Paizo's website.

I am awaiting delivery of the 2nd Edition Game Mastery Guide.

I already have (in 2nd edition):
Core Rulebook
Bestiaries 1,2, and 3
Advanced Player's Guide
Secrets of Magic
Lost Omens Ancestry Guide

Can somebody please tell me where I can get the introductions of the following ancestries/heritages:
(in 2nd edition... I found three of them in 1st edition)
Aasimar, Azarketi (A.K.A. "Gillmen"), Hobgoblin, Leshy, and Lizardfolk


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
Quote:

In the 'overview' of my "Lost Omens Ancestry Guide" a "Lost Omens Character guide" is mentioned as the introduction of several ancestries/heritages.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that guide in hardcover in Paizo's website.

Are you looking for this?


The Archives of Nethys are a reference website operating with permission from Paizo that hosts all PF2 mechanical content and sources them. I’d suggest looking there.

The LOCG should be with all the other Lost Omens books on Paizo’s store, but might be old enough to be out of stock.

EDIT: The first result on Google for “Lost Omens Character Guide” is the Paizo store page, which has a hardcover option for sale.


Leon Aquilla wrote:
Quote:

In the 'overview' of my "Lost Omens Ancestry Guide" a "Lost Omens Character guide" is mentioned as the introduction of several ancestries/heritages.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that guide in hardcover in Paizo's website.

Are you looking for this?

Yes.

I am looking for ANY (!!!) book introducing those ancestries/heritages in the 2nd edition.


Aasimar - Introduced in Advanced Player's Guide
Azarketi (A.K.A. "Gillmen") - "Introduced" in Absalom, City of Lost Omens
Hobgoblin, Leshy, and Lizardfolk - Introduced in Lost Omens: Character Guide

More info on all of those are in Lost Omens: Ancestry Guide


Leon Aquilla wrote:
Quote:

In the 'overview' of my "Lost Omens Ancestry Guide" a "Lost Omens Character guide" is mentioned as the introduction of several ancestries/heritages.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that guide in hardcover in Paizo's website.

Are you looking for this?

Since the Lost Omens Character Guide is the reference mentioned in the overview for those ancestries and heritages, I looked for it on Paizo's website and didn't find it.

In hopes the reference actually was published with another name (and someone knew the true name), I decided to ask here.

I did find the 1st edition introductions for the Aasimar, Gillman, and Leshy, but not the 2nd edition intros.

I also have a few questions, which I hope I can answer when I receive the Gamemaster guide I have on order.

Mostly, the questions deal with the extra-dimensional scions:
1> If a god/goddess sent a servant to 'visit and bless' an orc/elf female, would the resulting child be considered a half-orc/half-elf as well as an extra-dimensional scion?
2> How about if that servant 'blessed' a female of some other ancestry (like Hobgoblin or Catfolk)?

I did get a slight hint of the answers in the Lost Omens Ancestry Guide (enough to work with, in truth).


Onkonk wrote:

Aasimar - Introduced in Advanced Player's Guide

Azarketi (A.K.A. "Gillmen") - "Introduced" in Absalom, City of Lost Omens
Hobgoblin, Leshy, and Lizardfolk - Introduced in Lost Omens: Character Guide

More info on all of those are in Lost Omens: Ancestry Guide

I have the Advanced Player's Guide and the Lost Omens Ancestry Guide.

In fact, it is the mention of the Character Guide in the Ancestry Guide that prompted my original post of this thread.

The Ancestry Guide does not mention the City of Lost Omens (which I did notice on Paizo's website)

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber
Valkeiper wrote:
Onkonk wrote:

Aasimar - Introduced in Advanced Player's Guide

Azarketi (A.K.A. "Gillmen") - "Introduced" in Absalom, City of Lost Omens
Hobgoblin, Leshy, and Lizardfolk - Introduced in Lost Omens: Character Guide

More info on all of those are in Lost Omens: Ancestry Guide

I have the Advanced Player's Guide and the Lost Omens Ancestry Guide.

In fact, it is the mention of the Character Guide in the Ancestry Guide that prompted my original post of this thread.

The Ancestry Guide does not mention the City of Lost Omens (which I did notice on Paizo's website)

Owing to the delayed release of City of Lost Omens, Paizo put out a free pdf containing the Azarketi information around the original planned date of release. This contained no information that wasn’t later included in City of Lost Omens when it was eventually released.

The Character Guide is found here.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

Moved from Pathfinder Second Edition General to Lost Omens General


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Valkeiper wrote:
Leon Aquilla wrote:
Quote:

In the 'overview' of my "Lost Omens Ancestry Guide" a "Lost Omens Character guide" is mentioned as the introduction of several ancestries/heritages.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that guide in hardcover in Paizo's website.

Are you looking for this?

Since the Lost Omens Character Guide is the reference mentioned in the overview for those ancestries and heritages, I looked for it on Paizo's website and didn't find it.

In hopes the reference actually was published with another name (and someone knew the true name), I decided to ask here.

I did find the 1st edition introductions for the Aasimar, Gillman, and Leshy, but not the 2nd edition intros.

I also have a few questions, which I hope I can answer when I receive the Gamemaster guide I have on order.

Mostly, the questions deal with the extra-dimensional scions:
1> If a god/goddess sent a servant to 'visit and bless' an orc/elf female, would the resulting child be considered a half-orc/half-elf as well as an extra-dimensional scion?
2> How about if that servant 'blessed' a female of some other ancestry (like Hobgoblin or Catfolk)?

I did get a slight hint of the answers in the Lost Omens Ancestry Guide (enough to work with, in truth).

I'm confused. That link takes you directly to the page where you can purchase the Character Guide.

Also, as keftiu mentioned, all of the information for all of the PF2 ancestries are available for free on Archives of Nethys.

Don't those two things solve your problem?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Valkeiper wrote:
Onkonk wrote:

Aasimar - Introduced in Advanced Player's Guide

Azarketi (A.K.A. "Gillmen") - "Introduced" in Absalom, City of Lost Omens
Hobgoblin, Leshy, and Lizardfolk - Introduced in Lost Omens: Character Guide

More info on all of those are in Lost Omens: Ancestry Guide

I have the Advanced Player's Guide and the Lost Omens Ancestry Guide.

In fact, it is the mention of the Character Guide in the Ancestry Guide that prompted my original post of this thread.

The Ancestry Guide does not mention the City of Lost Omens (which I did notice on Paizo's website)

I changed my search thru Paizo's website slightly and found the character guide.

Now the Character Guide and the "City of Lost Omens" are both on order.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Gisher wrote:
Valkeiper wrote:
Leon Aquilla wrote:
Quote:

In the 'overview' of my "Lost Omens Ancestry Guide" a "Lost Omens Character guide" is mentioned as the introduction of several ancestries/heritages.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that guide in hardcover in Paizo's website.

Are you looking for this?

Since the Lost Omens Character Guide is the reference mentioned in the overview for those ancestries and heritages, I looked for it on Paizo's website and didn't find it.

In hopes the reference actually was published with another name (and someone knew the true name), I decided to ask here.

I did find the 1st edition introductions for the Aasimar, Gillman, and Leshy, but not the 2nd edition intros.

I also have a few questions, which I hope I can answer when I receive the Gamemaster guide I have on order.

Mostly, the questions deal with the extra-dimensional scions:
1> If a god/goddess sent a servant to 'visit and bless' an orc/elf female, would the resulting child be considered a half-orc/half-elf as well as an extra-dimensional scion?
2> How about if that servant 'blessed' a female of some other ancestry (like Hobgoblin or Catfolk)?

I did get a slight hint of the answers in the Lost Omens Ancestry Guide (enough to work with, in truth).

I'm confused. That link takes you directly to the page where you can purchase the Character Guide.

Also, as keftiu mentioned, all of the information for all of the PF2 ancestries are available for free on Archives of Nethys.

Don't those two things solve your problem?

I changed my search of my Paizo website slightly and found the Character Guide (interesting how changing your search slightly can make more content available, isn't it?)

Anyway, I now have the Character Guide and the "City of Lost Omens" queued for ordering.

I thank everyone for helping me find it.
I plan to ...eventually... bring in a character with a catfolk mother and a Celestial father (Aassimar... either angelkin or law bringer). He'll be either a Champion or a Barbarian.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Lost Omens Campaign Setting / General Discussion / Lost Omens Character guide? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.