Possible Bestiary 6 Errata


Product Discussion

101 to 124 of 124 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Strife2002 wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:

Kaiju, Vorgozen

Has acid resistance and acid immunity listed, since acid immunity is it's only energy immunity then the acid resistance is incorrect.

Is there an ability that can cause a creature to lose its energy immunity, but not its resistance? If there is, maybe that's the intent as a back-up?

Same issue but with regards to fire resistance/immunity for Qlippoth Lord, Chavazvug (pg. 232)

Grand Lodge

JoelF847 wrote:

p. 269 Urhag - How does the infest flesh ability work exactly? It says it works like greater possession, but on a corpse. It also says that it uses the creature's (presumably the Urhag, not the corpse) hit points. It then says that if the host body is slain, the urhag emerges.

1) Does this mean that if the urhag infests flesh on a corpse, no matter how big that corpse is, it gets a new pool of hit point equal to the urhag's (presumably the uninjured urhag's, or 30 hp for a standard urhag)?
2) Or when the ability says it uses the urhag's hit points, does that mean when it takes damage, that damage is actually applied to the urhag (in which case the corpse could never be "killed" without also killing the urhag.
3) Since it's infesting a corpse, is it "killed" when it's at zero hp, since it has no Constitution, and therefore doesn't die at negative hp equal to Constitution, like a construct.

I'd guess it's the uninjured urhag's hp (which is a bit weird if it's a Colossal creature), and it "dies" at 0 hp, but the wording of the ability could be cleaned up to make it more clear.

I had the exact same questions when reading this, particularly "when the host is slain". It's a dead body. Not even an undead dead body. What does it mean when "slain"?

Grand Lodge

Pg. 249 - Sea worms

It looks like the sea worm was the next vermin to get the same treatment as the giant spider, centipede, and crab (among others probably) where, from Bestiary to Bestiary, we would be introduced to variant sea worms of varying sizes. Since B6 was the last from 1st edition, this wouldn't come to pass unfortunately, and all we have to go by is the descriptive text at the end of these two creatures. By deductive reasoning, we can assume the size progression goes like this:

> Crimson worm* (Tiny)
> Brine worm* (Small)
> Giant tube worm (Medium)
> Vampire worm (Large)
> Hookfang (Huge)
> Reef worm (Gargantuan)
> Trench worm (Colossal)

*Technically the crimson and brine worms are a toss up as to which is Small and which is Tiny, since they're only described as "smaller than Medium". I'm leaning towards the sizes I listed above, primarily because the Tiny spider is called a scarlet spider, and I like the idea they're keeping a theme. The order they're listed also suggests crimson is the smaller of the two.

THE REAL REASON I POSTED THIS AT ALL: I wanted to point out that the name "crimson worm" is already taken by a purple worm variant. This variant is a magical beast and is Colossal.

EDIT: The tiny crimson worm would have probably ended up as a vermin familiar option. Should be fun to think of the bonus it would grant its master. My money's on +1 natural AC, +3 Stealth, or +1 Fortitude.

Grand Lodge

Kalindlara wrote:

Given that the mokele-mbembe is a reprint from (either/both) Mythical Monsters Revisited or/and Serpent's Skull, it's been a quadruped for quite a while.

But, in general, your point holds true. ^_^

I think the fact that its attacks are a bite and tail slap (and not also 2 slams or claws) speaks volumes about how it walks.

Grand Lodge

DM_Cyclone wrote:

Page 279 - Wild Hunt Archer

The Wild Hunter Archer has Improved Critical (composite longbow) and Weapon Focus (composite longbow) as feats. Should those just be Improved Critical (longbow) and Weapon Focus (longbow)?

Technically, yes. Which is the best kind of yes.

Grand Lodge

JoelF847 wrote:
corwyn42 wrote:
JoelF847 wrote:
p. 54 Charnel God - Is the severance ability supposed to interfere with divine spell casting and supernatural abilities? The phrasing "must attempt a DC 35 Will save to avoid being cut off from the divine" suggests an effect like that, but the ability instead simply stuns and staggers them, which doesn't sound like "being cut off from the divine" to me. It certainly sounds like a secondary effect of BEING cut off from the divine, but nothing about this actually cuts them from any divine abilities as written.

If you fail the DC 35 Will save you are stunned (which will prevent you from casting a spell). I see no reason why the Charnel god cannot attempt to use this ability *every* round - which will maintain the stunned condition each time you fail. So, unless you succeed the DC 35 Will save - you will not be able to cast spells as you will always be stunned. This effectively prevents you from spell casting and/or using supernatural abilities as you cannot take any actions. Sounds like you are cut off from the divine if you are always stunned. I agree that the wording of the Charnel god entry could be improved to clarify this.

I totally disagree with the need for Atonement to remove the staggered condition. In reading the Atonement spell, the divine character did nothing to warrant atonement - no evil act/misdeed. They only failed to make a Will save - hardly justification for needing atonement.

Sure stunning would prevent using divine spell casting or supernatural abilities, but it would also prevent using arcane spell casting or supernatural abilities, physical attacks, or even moving. If that's the case, why describe it as specifically interfering with divine spell casting and supernatural abilities? Is it supposed to only work on character which have those abilities? And even so, if it stuns, it does far more than that - it prevents any action at all.

Emphasis mine, but yes, that's exactly what it means, based on the 5th sentence of the ability:

"This ability has no effect on characters who don’t have levels in any class that grants divine spellcasting, but it does affect characters who have minimal divine spellcasting abilities, such as paladins or rangers."

Grand Lodge

Pg. 8 - Annis hag alter ego

This stat block has a potential error that was pointed out in the original creature's stat block in the Bestiary 3 errata thread. In that thread, we pointed out that the rend damage, 2d6+10, seemed unusually high and didn't follow the normal rules for rend, and may have in fact been a copy/paste error from during PFRPG's infancy when this creature showed up in the now-obsolete Bonus Bestiary. Normal rend rules would put it at 1d6+10. If this is in fact in error, I guess that would make it a copy/paste-copy/paste error?

Grand Lodge

Pg. 46 - Blighted fey satyr

The original satyr stat block from the first Bestiary had an issue we brought up in that errata thread where the Weapon Finesse feat was wasted on them, considering their Strength and Dexterity bonuses were equal to one another. Now more than ever, with the blighted fey template increasing the Strength score, Weapon Finesse is more useless than before for this stat block here.

Grand Lodge

Pgs. 117, 118, & 119 - Various entothropes

For all three entothropes in this book, on the line beneath the XP that details their race and class levels, delete "(augmented humanoid)" from each. Entothropes are like lycanthropes, which are not considered augmented humanoids. Just as the original printing of the 1st Bestiary had this same text for the wererat but later removed it, and just like all lycanthropes that appeared in every book thereafter didn't include this text.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 265 - Troops, rabble variant ability

In the rabble ability, it says damage die drops down one step, then gives the example of 1d6 becoming 1d3. "1d3" should be changed to "1d4", which is the actual next step down according to the FAQ about size changes and damage dice progression.

By comparison the elite troop variant ability further up the page says damage dice increases one step, then correctly lists 1d6 becoming 1d8.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 130 & 131 - Fungus queen and the fungoid simple template

Back when this creature appeared in the Inner Sea Bestiary, the errata thread for that book pointed out that in the create spawn ability, early in that description (second sentence in the case of its description in Bestiary 6) it mentions the infestation can be cured, but the details of how to cure this infestation were missing then and are missing again here. James Jacobs in that thread noted that this was probably cut from the text and provided the missing details on how to cure it, but in case my eyeballs are failing me I don't see it listed in this book.

For everyone's reference, curing the infestation that has turned something into a fungoid creature can be done with a wish or a miracle, but also by simply killing them before bringing them back to life. The template can also be removed by heal.

Grand Lodge

Strife2002 wrote:

Pg. 8 - Annis hag alter ego

This stat block has a potential error that was pointed out in the original creature's stat block in the Bestiary 3 errata thread. In that thread, we pointed out that the rend damage, 2d6+10, seemed unusually high and didn't follow the normal rules for rend, and may have in fact been a copy/paste error from during PFRPG's infancy when this creature showed up in the now-obsolete Bonus Bestiary. Normal rend rules would put it at 1d6+10. If this is in fact in error, I guess that would make it a copy/paste-copy/paste error?

Just found some evidence pointing to the notion that the rend damage is in fact wrong here. The annis hag was one of the example creatures used for the boreal template on page 56 of Campaign Setting: Irrisen, Land of Eternal Winter and in that book the rend damage is 1d6 instead of 2d6, as is normal per the rules.

Grand Lodge

Strife2002 wrote:

Pg. 265 - Troops, rabble variant ability

In the rabble ability, it says damage die drops down one step, then gives the example of 1d6 becoming 1d3. "1d3" should be changed to "1d4", which is the actual next step down according to the FAQ about size changes and damage dice progression.

By comparison the elite troop variant ability further up the page says damage dice increases one step, then correctly lists 1d6 becoming 1d8.

This issue shows up again on the same page for the Skirmishers ability, second sentence. "1d3" should be changed to "1d4".

Grand Lodge

Pg. 288 - Advanced Creature template

For the 5th time in a row, the Advanced Creature template left out the errata this template received way back in the first Bestiary. Under Rebuild Rules, Ability Scores, change "+4 to all ability scores" to "+4 to all ability scores (except for Int scores of 2 or less)".

Grand Lodge

Pg. 291 - Change Shape universal monster rule

Again, this printing of the change shape ability leaves out the errata from previous bestiaries. After the third sentence in this description, add the following sentence:

"Unless otherwise stated, it can remain in an alternate form indefinitely."

Grand Lodge

Pg. 292 - Damage reduction universal monster rule (cont.)

On page 292, the 2nd full paragraph (or the 5th paragraph of the Damage Reduction description on the previous page if you want to count from there) starts with the following sentence.

"A few very powerful monsters are vulnerable only to epic weapons—that is, magic weapons with at least a +6 enhancement bonus."

This is a straight verbatim copy/paste of previous bestiaries, however Mythic Adventures has been released between then and now and so this needs an update since that book introduced another method of overcoming DR/epic.

Here's the FAQ from the Mythic Adventures FAQ page that explains this.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 293 - Flight universal monster rule

This UMR entry didn't receive the updates from errata to previous bestiaries. Change it to read as follows:

"Flight (Ex, Sp, or Su) The creature can cease or resume flight as a free action. If the ability is a spell-like ability or supernatural ability, it becomes ineffective in an antimagic field, and the creature loses its ability to fly for as long as the antimagic effect persists."

It's worth noting that for pretty much all of PF 1st edition, unless it was a constant spell-like ability which was easy to spot in a stat block, the only way a GM could determine most of the time whether a creature's flight was either extraordinary or supernatural was to look at the picture to see if it has wings (or if its description says it flies via an air- or gas-bag-like organ, which James Jacobs admits to here.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 294 - Grab ability

Minor change, but at the end of the Grab UMR description, it left out an errata the original Bestiary received. For the location, change "individual attacks" to "individual attacks and special attacks."

Grand Lodge

Pg. 298 - Spell-Like Abilities UMR

The Spell-like abilities section of the UMR didn't include the errata to it from earlier bestiaries. In the second paragraph, change the second sentence to the following:

"A constant spell-like ability or one that can be used at will has no use limit; unless otherwise stated, a creature can only use a constant spell-like ability on itself."

Grand Lodge

Pg. 306 - Protean subtype (cont.)

As mentioned in the Bestiary 2 errata thread, there's an issue with the protean subtype, specifically it's description of the change shape ability.

Each individual protean bases their change shape ability off of a specific polymorph spell to determine how it works. Many of the creature types mentioned in the subtype write-up would be restricted from use, while others, like monstrous humanoid, ooze, and vermin, wouldn't be allowed at all. someone from that old thread (I forget who) suggested a fix to this, changing this paragraph to read as follows:

"Change Shape (Su): A protean's form is not fixed. Once per day as a standard action, a protean may change shape into any Small, Medium, or Large animal, elemental, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, ooze, plant, or vermin, unless otherwise specified and as long as the spell it uses as a base for this ability allows that form (for this purpose consider monstrous humanoid forms as humanoid forms, and vermin and ooze forms as animal forms). A protean can resume its true form as a free action, and when it does so, it gains the effects of a heal spell (CL equal to the protean's HD)."

Grand Lodge

Pg. 309 - Empower Spell-Like Ability feat

The prerequisites don't match up with the table on page 310. It says spell-like abilities at a caster level of 6th or higher, but the 0-level spell category says it's allowed at CL 4th.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 310 - Quicken Spell-Like Ability feat

The prerequisites don't match up with the table on the same page. It says spell-like abilities at a caster level of 10th or higher, but the 0-level spell category says it's allowed at CL 8th.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 312 - Elasmotherium Companions

The animal companion stats for elasmotherium companions says they get powerful charge with their gore attack at 7th level, but doesn't specify the exact damage for the attack. The Pathfinder Society campaign clarifications document fills in this mystery, saying the attack deals 2d8 + twice Str mod.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 156 - Hivemind Rat Swarm skills

Climb should be +22. It looks like they left off the +8 bonus for having a climb speed.

101 to 124 of 124 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Paizo Products / Product Discussion / Possible Bestiary 6 Errata All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Product Discussion