|5 people marked this as a favorite.|
Back in the playtest, I liked to keep a list of things I felt were issues with the game as it stood, and order them from most concerning to least. I think it'd be fun to do that again, but with a focus on what we'd like to see Paizo add to the new edition!
1. Errata of the most glaring issues. (This is currently confirmed for late October!)
2. More ancestry feats/heritages. I think this is critical, since there are so few options right now, and 17th level is completely blank! I think we need a bushel of new ancestry feats for every ancestry as soon as possible.
3. Class archetypes. This would give me some of the extra level 1 tweaking that I find I'm missing in PF2, and open up some personal preference options (like legendary armor fighters?)
4. More magic items. I'll be honest, the loot I'm spreading into my campaign is looking pretty thin! Animal companion gear is a big missing piece too! And we need more interesting staves!
5. Firearms + technology. I group these together, because I sincerely hope technological items like rail guns and arc rifles can follow the same design principles as the rest of the game, instead of feeling too tacked on.
6. More spells. Mostly need to fill in old standbys and flesh out certain lists focused on a single type of spell.
7. Monster building/item designing rules for GMs. I need to augment my game!
8. More classes. There's a reason this is down at number 8. I'd love to get a handful of more options, but I think what we have is already pretty good.
9. More ancestries. I actually don't think I'll be *too* excited by new ancestries until the current ones feel like they have enough feat options.
What do your guys' lists look like?
1. Lack of combat style customization and flexibility outside of class
Update: A surprising amount of combat customization can come from ancestry feats. I still feel general-feat weapon or armor style archetypes may be in order, but overall it's not going too badly. Houserules are also easy fixes for this.
2. Weak spells
Update: Not an issue for me any longer.
3. Limited class options (narrow feat level tiers, enforced party roles, "least bad" feat selection)
Update: In general, there's always a feat I want at each tier, even if it's a multiclass feat. This issue seems resolved.
4. Limited first/early level customization
Update: I still feel things take a longer time than I want to come online. House ruling extra feats solves this, and may show up in the GM guide.
5. Over-reliance on a designated "healer"
Update: Medicine and focus healing has largely made this a non-issue.
6. Low success rate for optimized characters
Update: Non-issue, with high end optimization reaching ~95% chances of success.
7. Heavy armor being too heavily penalized
8. Skill feats taking too much away from baseline skill functions
Update: Largely fixed.
9. Class specific problems (Retributive Strike, Hunt Target)
Update: The different class paths make these a much smaller issue, letting you pick your flavors.
10. Bland races
Update: Almost fixed. We need more ancestry feats!