Droogami

Snow_Tiger's page

Organized Play Member. 466 posts. No reviews. No lists. No wishlists. 1 Organized Play character.


RSS

1 to 50 of 466 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

I had looked at the original post on character creation. Thanks for posting the changes/clarifications since then.

Do I need to do something now that I’ve expressed interest?


Hey ya I’m interested. I guess I should lion through the game history? Any info Ron character creation?


GM SuperTumbler wrote:

Howdy, buckaroos!

We have lost some folks along the way in this western themed Return of the Runelords. Open to previous submissions who still want in.

Also open to new submissions. Info in this thread about the build and setting modifications.

I’m interested in being a new submission. Looking to play a Desnan Elf magus from Mierani Forest looking to spend his youth traveling, and gaining wealth, knowledge and experience before returning to the forest to serve his people (possibly looking to resettle Celwynvian, if it still lies empty as wiki implies)

What deliverables are needed to be considered?


select a stat array equivalent to 15-point buy;
15, 14, 14, 7,10,12

pick a class from among the Core classes, the Base classes excepting Summoner, the Hybrid classes, and Unchained Summoner (starting HP is maximized, starting wealth is average);
Rogue(thug) with probable multiclass in barbarian

pick a race;
half-orc

pick a campaign trait from the Hell's Rebels Player's Guide, but it will not have any mechanical effect;
Star Struck (Jilia Bainilus)

pick a reason to protest from the Hell's Rebels Player's Guide;
looking for your idol(Jilia Bainilus)

set forth how you learned about the Aria Park demonstration (i.e., through word of mouth, from a handbill, from a poster, etc.);
word of mouth, criminal underworld mates want to take advantage of it

and summarize your political sympathies and how you came by them, and what organizations you are a part of or orbit - the factions represented at Aria Park will include at least, in no particular order, liberals, radicals, anarchists, and Ravounel nationalists (these terms to have roughly the meanings they had in about 1850 in Europe - if you would like further explanation, please feel free to ask).
"At some point Jilia Bainilus protected my berserker warrior father from Chelish justice, or forgave him for something, or some great favor (maybe I was to young to remember). But he took things like honor seriously (hey... barbarians can have honor) and privately made me swear along with him to support and protect Jilia Bainilus. My father had long since died, and without a father I joined the gangs. When martial law was declared and Jilia was replaced I remembered my oath (which I had never previously taken seriously). I do not yet know why I am drawn to fullfill my oath but it tugs on me. I go to the protest to seek out Jilia Bainilus. I am therefore in/close to the gang factions, and am recently sympathatetic to Jilia's politics of protecting Kintargo's independence (possibly aligned with Ravounel nationalists then?). More complicated political thought does not interest me"


So heres one of the items that my BBEG wizard (probably a worm that walks) has. Help me refine it, maybe there shouldn't be so many spells, or maybe i should be more liberal with the spells or have more powers/stat boosters

The Skins of the First Battle
Slot None?; Aura strong transmutation and necromancy; CL 20th; Weight 25lbs.

This magical, desiccated layered hide is a profane artifact created from corrupt magical beings who wore the flayed skins of their enemies, which absorbed into their flesh. It has long ago absorbed as much power as it can, so no new powers can be added.

It instantly bonds with its wearer and melds into their flesh. It only separates when the wearer has been slain.

Every day the wearer must make a DC 40 will save or become Chaotic Evil.

The Skins grants the wearer a +6 profane bonus to the creature's natural armor, And a +3 profane bonus on all saving throws.

The Skins grant further powers through aspects of the various creature’s whose skin contribute to its make up. It takes a full round action to change aspects. Any spells mentioned are always spell-like abilities granted to the user.

Norn Aspect
(sp) at will- True Seeing, Tongues
(sp) 1/day-Vision, Mindblank, Windwalk, Greater Dispel Magic, Giant Form II, Greater Arcane Sight
(sp) 3/day-Divination, Bestow Curse
(su) 1/day-Shift Fate - As an immediate action the user can force any one target within 120 feet to reroll a saving throw–this ability must be used immediately after the saving throw is rolled, and the target must abide by the result of this second roll.

Orc War Cleric of Rovagug Aspect
Destructive Spell (Su) (as rovagug evangelist 2nd boon) - By calling on the rage of the Rough Beast, you gain the ability to deal terrific damage with your spells. You can use this ability when casting a spell that deals hit point damage and has a casting time of 1 standard action or less. You can choose to cast the spell as a full-round action to gain a +4 bonus to its save DC. In addition, you treat all 1s rolled on your damage dice for the spell as 2s instead.
(sp) 1/Week - Tsunami(DC 25), Earthquake (DC 24)
(sp) 1/day - Ice Storm, Chaos Hammer, Firestorm
(sp) 3/day - Fireball (DC 19), Blood Rage

Rune Giant King Aspect
(Su) Spark Shower - as a standard action, user can cause a shower of sparks to erupt out of one of the runes on its body. These sparks function as a breath weapon (30ft cone; 10d6 fire and 10d6 electricity damage; Reflex DC 29 half; usable once every 1d4 rounds.
(Su) Runes - as a free action, whenever a rune giant uses its spark shower or spell-like abilities, it can cause the runes on its body to flash with light. All creatures within 10 ft of the giant must make a DC 24 fortitude save or be blinded for 1 round.
(sp) 1/week Mass Charm Monster (DC 24)
(sp) 1/day True Seeing, Mass Suggestion (DC 22)
(sp) 3/day Dominate Person (DC 21), Suggestion (DC)

Destruction:
dunno…


an intellect devourer basically takes up residence in a host body and can command it. It is vulnerable to protection from evil like summoned monsters are. Summoned monsters can't use natural attacks against a PfE warded creature, therefore intellect devourers can't use the claw and body thief attacks using its base body. But what about a intellect devourer inside a small dragon or something? Can the intellect devourer use the dragon's claws against a PfE warded creature?


Orselif Campaign, dont look at this.

I am GMing for a group of 3 level 9 players, who will be shortly entering Urgir (in Hold of Belkzen) along with 100+ allied settlers (orcs have given permission). Urgir is a the former sky citadel that used to have like hundreds of thousands of dwarves but after the orcs took over, its population has fallen to like 30k, so a lot of the city is empty. Therefore it makes sense for a lot of uncleared dungeons to be about. I'm trying to make/re-purpose a dungeon for my purposes. Originally I found "The Black Monastery," which I really liked. However, it seems too much like a mega-dungeon, and will take more time and advance my PCs much more levels than I want it to.

does anyone have any advice on dungeons (possibly 3rd party, 3.x, or taken from a pathfinder module/adventure path.


Orselif Campaign, dont look at this.

I am GMing for a group of 3 level 9 players, who will be shortly entering Urgir (in Hold of Belkzen) along with 100+ allied settlers (orcs have given permission). Urgir is a the former sky citadel that used to have like hundreds of thousands of dwarves but after the orcs took over, its population has fallen to like 30k, so a lot of the city is empty. Therefore it makes sense for a lot of uncleared dungeons to be about. I'm trying to make/re-purpose a dungeon for my purposes. Originally I found "The Black Monastery," which I really liked. However, it seems too much like a mega-dungeon, and will take more time and advance my PCs much more levels than I want it to.

does anyone have any advice on dungeons (possibly 3rd party, 3.x, or taken from a pathfinder module/adventure path.


Anarchy_Kanya wrote:
Snow_Tiger wrote:
I also decided to outfit her with full plate armor (not sexy).
Shame on you.

I meant no bikini armor... I could have phrased it better.


Scott Wilhelm wrote:

I was just looking up Vendenopterix. It looks like a Vendenopterix is just a Chaoitic Neutral Succubus: Alter Self, Charm Person, Energy drain, etc. The base line CR for a succubus is like 7, and the base line for the vendenopterix is like 4.

Snow_Tiger wrote:
This character would be 17/18 CR ish.

So we're talking about a major overhaul of the character in any event, not a Vendopterix, not a Succubus, but a monster the GM invented.

Snow_Tiger wrote:
I also decided to outfit her with full plate armor (not sexy).
I don't get it. I mean I don't go around sexualizing every fantasy woman I think about, but what is the point of de-sexualizing a sex demon? Are you trying to make some kind of feminist statement or redemption arc? Is the armor supposed to be some kind of chastity belt, and her objective is to seduce a party member into fullfilling bold quests to win her--ahem--hand in--ahem--passion, only to find out it's a trap?

I guess I was just trying to avoid it. I guess I shouldn’t just avoid that issue outright.


I have an NPC thats going to introuduced soon who was a succubus, but for various reasons was cursed by a succubus queen and banished. Succubus wound up traveling the planes until she found the realm of Calistria in Elysium and served Calistria, who turned her into a vendenopterix.

This character would be 17/18 CR ish. My initial thoughts were to build it using succubus as a base creature, add some of the vendenopterix things (like the poison claws). Then I add oracle levels using the monster advancement rules with oracle (I want her to be a caster and able to cast plane shift to explain her history of traveling the planes) of battle (for combat feats... read grapple feats). I also decided to outfit her with full plate armor (not sexy).
I was thinking of having the aforementioned curse be the oracle curse plus maybe being unable to remove her armor (PCs might encounter other normal succubus and I dont want my campaign filled completely with scantily clad creatures...), and I'm looking for a cool pre-existing or homebrew mechanic for that. I originally picked haunted as the oracle curse because it had telekinesis which is always cool, but I realized it wasnt really necessary.

Any thoughts?


it says
"Finally, the arcanist must select two additional schools of magic as her opposition schools. Whenever she prepares spells from one of her opposition schools, the spell takes up two of her prepared spell slots. In addition, a school savant takes a –4 penalty on any skill checks when crafting a magic item that has a spell from one of her opposition schools as a prerequisite. A school savant cannot select the school understanding arcanist exploit. This ability replaces the arcanist exploits gained at 1st, 3rd, and 7th levels."

by "two of her prepared spell slots" does this mean the arcanist prepares at twice cost and casts at 2 spell slots? a little confused on wording


This is probably a stupid question. Is this ability spending 1 point to be able to cast summon monster from a normal spell slot or as an SLA?


avr wrote:

Weird and complicated builds? Calling Scott Wilhelm.

The basic monktopus though is druid 4 then levels in classes with more direct combat applicability, barbarian or bloodrager, weapon master fighter (focused weapon AWT ~ sacred weapon), warpriest, unchained monk or whatever. The shaping focus feat keeps the wild shape going. Feral combat training isn't what it used to be but can still be useful. The exact details vary to taste, nonviability is a function of how much you piss off your GM as the mechanics are easy to use.

A slight variant on that involves cave druid, shaping focus, vital strike and turning into a carnivorous blob.

Be warned that pushed too far these characters break the game, especially in games which expect a low degree of optimisation like Paizo adventure paths. Breaking the game means pissed off friends not a gold medal.

How is the Druid shaping into carnivorous blob? It’s a colossal creature.


If an Intellect Devourer wizard or sorcerer is in a host that is wearing armor, does the spell failure chance apply? Or does the intellect devourer have room to move its hands to cast spells inside the host's skull????


If a mind blanked spellcaster casts scrying on someone who has detect scrying in effect, what happens?

I'm going to assume that the scrying attempt is detected. If caster of detect scrying succeeds on the opposed caster level check, does he/she get the image of caster and direction/distance?


Like would you only use the ability if the demon/devil/angel/etc’s enemy doesn’t know they are there? Because otherwise it seems dangerous to waste such an action with a large chance of failure.


Goblin_Priest wrote:

How did he qualify for EK to begin with?

And you let him play drow noble? Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

But no, I would not invent additional EK levels. He can dip back into his base classes or pick up another prestige class.

Spell like abilities of 3rd level plus martial proficiencies from swashbuckler, for early entry into EK. The campaign started in the Darklands so it made sense. He’s also set back a level from party because drow nobles count as one level higher


One of my players is a Drow Noble Swashbuckler(inspired blade) 1/ Wizard 1/ Eldritch Knight (EK) 5. The party started at Level 7 (he was level 6) and now they have advanced a level. My player has been asking me that once he reaches EK 10 if he can start leveling past EK 10 ie EK 11, 12, so on (which isn’t RAW).

I’m wondering on what your thoughts are, and if anyone has tried something similar?


S~+! you are right I was selectively ignoring things... thanks


I.e. Can a spellcaster like a wizard cast contingency on themselves and the party Cleric cast the Heal spell. Heal is a 6th level cleric spell, so if the wizard has a caster level of at least 18 it meets the spell level is no more than one third caster level rule.

Or is this only meant for spells that the contingency-caster can cast?


avr wrote:

That magus build should work. Any serious fight involving a 21st level character is going to be incredibly swingy though, and with a max damage magus that goes double. Whether its a good idea depends a lot on your PCs, and you should probably think about how a fight against them might go before you use a NPC like this.

While some familiar features are dependent on class level, BAB, HP and skill ranks are inherited from all of the master's classes.

Contingency is a reasonable choice. He should be able to get one of his backers to cast permanency though, or to pay for someone to do so. If he's using arcane accuracy as suggested in the build he's not using cold ice strike and vice versa. Quicken spell also conflicts. 1 swift action per round.

If you have ideas for alternative feats you absolutely should use them.

Is Belkzen especially known for scimitars? I'd assumed orcs were into big heavy weapons. Golarion lore isn't my strong point, true.

As a leader he should have minions. Not just a mount, other people to die for him.

Thanks!

I'm trying to stat this guy out early, so i don't know what my PCs will be like. I will adjust or delay as appropriate.

forgot he didn't need to do the permanency casting.

For arcane accuracy I would only be using that when he's using melee weapon attacks and touch/ray attacks. Ice cold strikes is a swift action AoE 30ft line, and i can cast 2 of them per turn by converting my standard action into a swift.... or i could always cast a cone of cold and a cold ice strikes.

My head cannon was that Belkzen was also a magus therefore the intelligent weapon would manifest itself as a scimitar. Plus Dretha's (one of the orc goddesses) favored weapon is a Scimitars so i think i'm okay fluff wise.

Yes he will be having minions. Still working on them too.


bump


Sorry i'm reposting, my post got hidden by some glitch im assuming (when i click "show" it pops up and says the post is hidden)

Hi i'm making a villain that is going to basically be the Blaster from the magus Hexcrafter guide by By STR Ranger and Mathwei apNiall. Fluff behind it is he's the first person to have both the Warlord Belkzen and the kuthonite blue dragon Kazavon as ancestors (ie first time the bloodlines have intersected), and that therefore when he comes of age he just gets a s!&~ ton of levels, and is part of a group of (much older) Half-Orc intellectuals who want to see the Hold of Belkzen united. I was thinking however of adding a dip of admixture wizard instead of (or perhaps in addition to, but haven't really thought through if this would help me) taking the elemental spell thing, because i wanted more metamagic flexibility for higher level spells. so like he would be Crossblooded Sorcerer (orc/dragon)1/Admixturist 1/Magus 19. (I feel like greater spell access for magus is where i want to stop at). He would also get like an intelligent scimitar artifact because of how legendary Belkzen was and because of divine intervention from Lamashtu/Dretha/Sezelrian (in this context because the half-orcs are trying to bring civilization to the orcs, Rovagug is kinda off the table).

1. Does anyone have any thoughts on how this would work out as a villain, or if the way the Blaster was built only makes sense for PCs or something?

2. I assume for greater spell access and spell blending (if i get it) i want to be getting Contingency and permanency (as mentioned in Walter's Guide to the magus), as well as cold ice strikes.

3. I was thinking it might make sense for me to swap out feats like weapon focus, selective spell (he's a villain) for something else, and hexes like hex evil eye and flight (i can just give him a cool mount like a sleipnir or wyvern or something right?) and summon spirit (only PC's need abilities that give mooks... Villains get stuff for ~free) for things like spell blending or familiar and some other grand hex.

4. If I go with admixture, should does familiar make any sense (its just gonna be a level 1 familiar with like a bunch of hit points (obviously i probably don't want to take it if i grab it as a magus arcana)?


bump


i think destroying it only prevents them from rejuvenating at the phylactery in the event the lich's body is killed


monk's spade has B, P and S. But it isnt a poleaxe and it doesnt have reach.


Hi i'm making a villain that is going to basically be the Blaster from the magus Hexcrafter guide by By STR Ranger and Mathwei apNiall. Fluff behind it is he's the first person to have both the Warlord Belkzen and the kuthonite blue dragon Kazavon as ancestors (ie first time the bloodlines have intersected), and that therefore when he comes of age he just gets a s!#! ton of levels, and is part of a group of (much older) Half-Orc intellectuals who want to see the Hold of Belkzen united. I was thinking however of adding a dip of admixture wizard instead of (or perhaps in addition to, but haven't really thought through if this would help me) taking the elemental spell thing, because i wanted more metamagic flexibility for higher level spells. so like he would be Crossblooded Sorcerer (orc/dragon)1/Admixturist 1/Magus 19. (I feel like greater spell access for magus is where i want to stop at). He would also get like an intelligent scimitar artifact because of how legendary Belkzen was and because of divine intervention from Lamashtu/Dretha/Sezelrian (in this context because the half-orcs are trying to bring civilization to the orcs, Rovagug is kinda off the table).

1. Does anyone have any thoughts on how this would work out as a villain, or if the way the Blaster was built only makes sense for PCs or something?

2. I assume for greater spell access and spell blending (if i get it) i want to be getting Contingency and permanency (as mentioned in Walter's Guide to the magus), as well as cold ice strikes.

3. I was thinking it might make sense for me to swap out feats like weapon focus, selective spell (he's a villain) for something else, and hexes like hex evil eye and flight (i can just give him a cool mount like a sleipnir or wyvern or something right?) and summon spirit (only PC's need abilities that give mooks... Villains get stuff for ~free) for things like spell blending or familiar and some other grand hex.

4. If I go with admixture, should does familiar make any sense (its just gonna be a level 1 familiar with like a bunch of hit points (obviously i probably don't want to take it if i grab it as a magus arcana)?


Hi, i'm trying to come up with a simple template for the bodak so that i can apply it to any creature (read Bullette... because Juggerloathe from Belkzen Hold of the Orc Hordes beastiary. basically how much CR should i add for the 1d4 negative levels gaze and the sunlight vulnerability?


so it appears to be a typo?

Quote:
+5 quarterstaff +27/+22/+17 (1d8+16) and+5 quarterstaff +27/+22/+17 (1d8+10) and5 slams +19 (1d6+5) with Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, or

...


I know this is kinda old but... So i've been looking at Ravindorks Crazy Character Emporium, and got confused by Kang Makhai. In the Calikang form, his sheet says he can two weapon fight with his quarterstaff and longspear and get 3 slams (is it 3 slams because hes using the quarterstaff one handed with quarterstaff master and wielding the longspear with 2 hands leaving 3 more arms for 3 slam attacks?), while if he just two weapon fights with his quarterstaff he gets 5 slams (shouldn't he get only 4 slams?). How is the number of slams determined based on which weapon combination is being used


1 person marked this as a favorite.

for reference:
Dahak
Rovagug

Maybe this was intentionally left mysterious but... aren't Dahak and Rovagug essentially the same, except one is more draconic than the other?

Like I understand if Dahak was just some generic evil dragon god then sure maybe, but that simply is not the case.

Dahak, like Rovagug are gods of destruction. They are both similarly described by something to the effect of: while the other gods were creating, <dahak/rovagug> was destroying.

I seriously don't understand this, can someone help me?


by racial bonus language you means like the human language like varisian or something or what? also, with Androffan as a bonus language, do u mean that you start with it, or that its a bonus language that you can add to your list of additional languages you can pick from based on intelligence modifier?


Also what are the typical light conditions?... like day/night deep underwater is very different from on the surface


Hey I'm interested, but I'm sort of new to play by post, so whats a good template for the character sheet?

also I would be interested in collaborating story wise with someone


would this be using pathfinder or...? (etc?)


Sorry to necro but my thread got bumped off the list


If a swashbuckler were two use a double weapon, for example a chain spear, would he be able to use the spear end as a one handed piercing weapon?

The reason I ask is I've trying to make a good build for the swashbuckler daring infiltrator archetype, and choosing a weapo. Has been fairly difficult (any other suggestions?)


Ya it's a little dumb


Yes I believe I meant the create


Im sorry what are "the council", the "hearts", and the "stones"?

edit: like is "the council" a criminal organization, or like a council of elders/nobelmen that are ruling a kingdom while searching for this lost heir?

and are the hearts and stones some king of magic item/artifact?


Nevan Oaks wrote:
The spell targets an oak club, but you can't buy an oak club, just a club. So the only thing this spell can work on is the quarter staff.

I'm inclined to agree...

heres my attempt at the logic taken to the illogical extreme ;)
I think the game logic implies you can cast the spell on an oak club, but not an oakclub. Therefore you can cast the spell on a great club, but not a greatclub.

the funny thing is, the difference between greatclub and great club. or oakclub and oak club is actually only from removing the space, and shortening things. so really its slang, so really a greatclub isn't and actual weapon (same with longswords and greatswords), and is instead simply vulgar slang of the word great club. And again as we all know, great is simply an adjective applied to club, just like oak is an adjective added to club.

LOL


If you notice on the chart for arcanist, at 11th level is says you get greater exploits, and you get an archaist exploit at 11th level and every level thereafter. Note that It doesn't say "greater exploits"

What I understand this to mean is that the greater exploit thing simply expands what you are allowed to take as exploits.

So yes, in my opinion you can take the feat to get the greater.


I did a search and It didn't seem like the question had been asked:

How do the Hit Dice calculations for Animate Dead end up when Commanding Infusion and Desecrating Infusion are all taken into account?

Cruomancer archetype is right here

Lets look at a 10th level wizard Cruomancer (and lets say through his favored class Bonus from being damper make it a 12th caster level).

also, this situation hasn't come up in a game, its just me building characters...

Animate dead says you make a number of hit dice of undead equal to twice your caster level. Thats 24 HD.

Commanding infusion says you can control a number of hit dice of undead equal to three times your caster level instead of twice. Thats 36 HD.

Desecrating infusion says he effectively can cast desecrate on himself once per day and lasting 1 minut per level (thats 10 minutes)

Desecrate (the spell) says you can "double the normal amount of undead (that is 4 HD per caster level rather than 2 HD per caster level)"

My Understanding/Lack there of:
NORMALLY: During this Cruromancer's day, he can either animate 3HD per caster level (36 HD).

OCCASIONALLY: For a total of 10 minutes, he can cast animate dead that either animate 4HD per level (48 HD), or 6 HD per level (72 HD).

reasons for 4 HD per level: the desecrate spell specifies in parenthesis "that it is 4 HD per caster level rather than 2 HD per caster level"

reasons for 6 HD per level: If we were to consider the 3 HD per caster level from commanding infusion as "normal," and the desecrate spell says "double the NORMAL amount," then the number of Hit dice per caster level would be 3x2 which is 6.

I'd like to clarify that I'm not confused about the necromancer's ability to channel energy or command undead, and I understand that the HD counts for this ability is completely separate from the animate dead ability.

Please feel free to ask clarifying questions if you don't think you completely understand my question.


Resurrection x2 lol


The archetype is the swashbuckler infiltrator archetype. basically when you make a trip or grapple maneuver, your target is muted for a full round.


I think Profession Soldier has been a knowledge (tactics) skill since the CRB


I'm haven't done that module, but
Well obviously there is the politics and stuff with nirmathas and molthune that you could include. You could also look nearby like lastwall, belkzen, etc


I believe the guy that pulled the castle out of the deck of many things to create castle everstand was called a sargeant. I also remember in cities of golarion there was a "parade of nations" that among other things honored a recently promoted brigadier general. I personally disagree with these choices, but that's what is there.


LuniasM wrote:

The new Slums spirit has a lot of CC spells on its spirit list, but the hexes aren't fantastic. You could always just grab ones from the universal list though. I'd suggest Slums and Wandering Water for the fluid magic hex. This allows you to prepare spirit spells in any slot, allowing you to use them multiple times. This build also doesn't require INT or CHA to function, allowing you to focus your point buy in waaaay less stats. Remember that some FCBs allow you to steal spells from the Cleric list, giving you access to even more spells.

Something interesting to note - Slums gives you an Extraordinary teleport, meaning it can still be used while under the effects of an antimagic field. All you need is a door-like opening, which can easily be created with certain spells. This isn't too important early on but may be incredibly useful later.

Slums intrigues me know that I see it, but lets say I wanted to back up the city/slum theme with actual skills, how would you recommend I get basic class skills like bluff, know local, etc. Or should I do something weird like play it like some weird anti-social city-rat?

1 to 50 of 466 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>