|11 people marked this as a favorite.|
Some notes from the Q&A session of today's stream. Answers from Mark and Jason are paraphrased:
- What's the data on people's feelings about removing potency runes / automatic bonus progression?
Mark: First time this question was posed, people were not too thrilled. Second time, worded slightly differently (do weapons need to go to +5?), 75% of answers were ok with weapons not contributing all the way to PC accuracy/damage.
This means they're exploring the possibility of having weapons be less influential to a PC's damage, and adding damage/accuracy from elsewhere.
Jason (in chat): Magic weapons aren't going anywhere though. Players like having magic items be important.
- What's the news on future updates?
Mark: Currently no plans for update 1.7. The update schedule was breakneck, and we want to give players time to catch their breath and finish the playtest.
Jason (in chat): We're looking for ways for folks to have fun with the game in the new year while waiting for the final release.
Jason (in chat): Look forward to preview rules pieces after the new year.
- What about the Dinosaur Fort mentioned in a previous stream?
- They talked a bit about monster conversion. Mark said it's easy to convert from PF1 -> PF2. Much harder in reverse, because monster creation in PF1 is more complicated.
- Are there any plans to make buffs last longer?
Mark: PF1 had issues with parties pre-buffing themselves to high heaven. His own party did this often. The party would then steamroll an encounter and it would feel anti-climactic.
Now that Treat Wounds exists, there is incentive to rest for 10 minutes after a fight. Adding back 10 minute buffs would create an interesting choice for parties. Should they rest and recover hp or push ahead while maintaining their buffs?
- Any comments on the non-stackability of Rage/Inspire Courage/Bless?
Mark: Bless and Inspire Courage likely will still not stack. A party without a Bard but with a Cleric will see the Cleric casting Bless. Otherwise, the Cleric can be freed up to cast other stuff (like Bane, which is what the Cleric in his party did).
For Rage, there are tentative Rage changes in development. This ties in to the potency rune changes. No clear details were given here, but conversations are happening about it.
Please keep the discussion to the new information from the stream, thank you!