About Orik Rostov
N Large animal
Init +0; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +9
AC 15, touch 9, flat-footed 15 (+2 armor, +4 natural, -1 size)
hp 22 (3d8+9)
Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +1
Immune immune to cold weather effects
Speed 40 ft.
Melee gore +7 (1d8+9)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks stampede, trample (2d6+9, DC 17)
Str 22, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 2, Wis 10, Cha 4
Base Atk +2; CMB +9; CMD 19 (23 vs. trip)
Feats Endurance, Skill Focus (Perception)
Tricks Attack, Combat Riding, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, Heel
Skills Acrobatics +0 (+4 to jump), Perception +9
SQ combat riding
Other Gear leather armor, bear trap[APG], bear trap[APG], bit and bridle, blanket[APG], feed (per day) (2), feed (per day) (10), piton (6), riding saddle, saddlebags, silk rope (50 ft.), training harness[ARG], winter blanket, wire[UE]
Combat Riding [Trick] The animal has been trained to bear a rider into combat.
Endurance +4 to a variety of fort saves, skill and ability checks. Sleep in L/M armor with no fatigue.
Immune to Cold Weather effects Immune to the effects of cold weather.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ ft. by sense of smell.
Stampede (Ex) Trample improves with multiple tramplers.
Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
1) Orik is from Tamrivena, in the southern part of the hold of Ustalav. His father, Piotr Rostov is an Ustalavian varisian human bard of the Pathfinder Society that was traveling through the town on a caravan and mother, Katrica was a half-orc ranger inhabitant of Trunau that originally moved to the town to escape from her tribe, the Haskodar. Piotr and Kat adventured together for years until their retirement to Piotr’s home in Tamrivena. They've raised three children at their inn a few miles outside of town, catering to well-behaved Orc traders, lastwall crusaders, other adventurers. Kat is renowned within the county for the size and deliciousness of the squash she grows, possibly as a result of her faith in Erastil.
2) Orik is a small half-orc with raven black hair that has been tied back into a short ponytail, and a full black beard around a prominent toothy maw. His skin is olive-grey and eyes are like pits of coal. He is friendly and generous but is usually quiet, and tends to speak plainly and truthfully. He is comfortable in smaller towns and villages, and in the the boundary areas on the outskirts of civilized lands. He tends to speak in aphorisms that can sometimes unsettle people that aren't used to their unusual nature.
3) Orik learned rangerly things from his mother (he doesn't take much after his father) and learned how to hunt well. Understanding the prejudice that half-orcs frequently receive, Kat trained Orik to fight humans more effectively. She also gave him secret training that was past to her from her grandfather, an orcish shaman. He's competent at wrangling beasts though he sometimes lets them get the better of him inadvertently, as he's not as competent as other rangers due to a different training. He learned some of the tales of wandering pilgrims from his father, and internalized the tales as part of his devotion to Erastil
4) He was a nominal follower of Erastil until he came across some Usalav city slickers that had come south for a beast hunt from Lozeri. They began hunting the game to extinction in the area around the inn, and despoiling the land. Orik got into a fight with one of the youths, and badly maimed the young man. He left Ustalav when the youth's family threatened to ruin his parents financially and has been wandering northern astavan ever since.
5) While ranging through Varisia, Orik met Solvan, another wanderer and a cleric of Erastil. Solvan taught Orik more about Erastil and how to use some of the gifts in a more practical way to help the holdfasts that he encounters. Solvan and Orik travelled together for some time, until Orik heard rumors of dangerous spirits eminating from Irrisen. He managed to sneak across the border and made his way to Winterhome. While few people within the city appreciated an Erastilian, he was popular with the inhabitants of the villages (like Waldsby) and towns in the nearby environs, where he has been travelling. He has an ornery musk ox named Sasha that he bought in Whitehome and managed to train for simple tasks. He rides Sasha and uses her as his pack animal, and thankfully has not gotten into many fights with the loyal beast at his side. While travelling between towns (healing what frostbite and other injuries he could) he came across the fabled Black Rider, escaping from unknown foes. Orik healed the Black Rider's fatigue and as a gift, the Rider gave him a blessing (and curse) to meet up with some adventurers at the Pale Tower near Waldsby. He went there and was captured after managing to evade detection for a few weeks. He has been imprisoned, as even in Irrisen it's seen as bad luck to kill a cleric of Erastil, until the Baroness of the area can figure out what to do with him.
Step 2: Goals
1) Orik would like to help the people of Irrisen, as he sees they are under constant threat of pain and death due to the oppressive winter.
2) Orik would like to advance into the hinterlander prestige class and learn to be an excellent archer.
Step 3: Secrets!
Step 4: Relationships
Step 5: Memories, quirks, and mannerisms!