I recently unlocked the option to create a skinwalker and immediately wanted to create something similar to Darkest Dungeons Abomination hero. However, I start to stress out how to build its combat side. Initially, I thought of taking four levels of abyssal bloodrager to fit the theme but the thought dies in my head as I have no idea what else to dip into.
Joanna Gore wrote:
You're the best as always, Joanna.
My tengu rogue is always eating and banned from buffets because his high dex makes him equivalent to Shaggy and Scooby.
My gnome sorc/wiz thinks everyone is laughing and having a good time as she is casting "rainbows" (burning hands and fire related spells).
What's not to like about them when I make character introductions?
I've had a case where my Tengu Rogue had encountered Vroc's in three separate times.
Siege of the Diamond City, Drow of the Darklands Pyramid, and Where Mammoths Dare Not Tread.
Each time after the first, though I didn't announce it to the world on how to beat them. My character had become more knowledgeable on how to deal with these particular creatures.
Trying to iron out these questions that are popping up before I run Assault on the Wound tomorrow.
- If a ranged group is engaged in melee, do they continue to use their Ranged OM or are they rendered ineffective until they perform a retreating maneuver?
- Special abilities. Example, channel planar energy. Is it used over their Melee/Ranged phase or in addition?
Here's my thought:
If you sign up with a character number and elect to run a pre-gen over the real thing and it dies. It's dead...unless you can buy your way back.
In regards the situation with sub-tiers of 3-4. I must say my area/group is very fortunate that we do not have this sort of problem but at the same time try to make it fair for everyone who is attending. However, I cannot predict a 3-7 ending well if the sub-tier gets forced into "playing up". Depends on the scenario/mod of course.
Long story short. I let the group decide their fate if they want to allow a someone to make the game harder.
Could anyone clarify a few things for me on this scenario?
- For the Mass Combat part, is one round considered a day?
- Can PC's make an untrained Profession: Soldier or WIS check in order not be attacked in the dark?
- The Tiefling Troops and their Darkness ability. Most of the time I've seen Darkness casted on a stationary object. Could it be placed on their Shortspear and if so, will it move along with them? And now that I'm looking at it...why does it have a DC?