Boon Trading Thread


Pathfinder Society

1,851 to 1,900 of 3,898 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

In addition to my previous tiefling request, I'm also interested in a vishkanya boon.

I still don't have any boons to trade off, so it'll have to be other product or store credit. :/

Silver Crusade 3/5 Venture-Agent, Massachusetts—Salem aka WaningMoon

Have
Expedition Manager
Family Tradition x2
Magaambyan Dilettante
Xenophobia

Want
Gripli
Arueshalae boon for the card game league
Other interesting offers

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵

Have:
Expanded Narrative

Want:
Grippli or other interesting race

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵

Joe Ducey wrote:

Have

Season 5 #6 - Lingering Resonance
Season 6 #3 - Custom Order *3
Season 6 #14 - Prosperity
GenCon 2015 #2 Prophetic Dream
GenCon 2015 #12 - Expedition Manager
GenCOn GM - Tier 4 - Grippli/Rebuild

Want - Oread, Sylph, Extra Trait, Expanded Narrative, or other cool offers

PM Sent

Venture-Agent, Washington—Vancouver aka Krell44

Want: Aasimar Boon

Trade: Paizo Gift Card

Scarab Sages 1/5

Pathfinder Card Game, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Have: Ancestral Ally

Want: Psychic Dilletante / Aspis Slayer / Any Interesting Offer

1/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Desired: Oread Boon (to round out a Suli Creation Package)

Offering: Conception 2015 Boon#3: Pathfinder Apprentice OR
Paizo Gift Card

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

Desired:
Tiefling race boon
Vishkanya race boon

Offering:
Store credit

3/5

Have: Oread, Ifrit, and I believe Xenophile

Want: Grippli

Lantern Lodge

Have: Sylph

Looking for: Oread (So I too can make a Suli)

Silver Crusade 5/5

Is anyone else starting to get put off by the number of people buying boons with store credit?

Grand Lodge 3/5

I think it's rough for some people to get boons, Mitch. ;)

Have: Mendev Weapon Training
Want: Hypnotic Training -or- Loci Spirit Ritual

I'd love to get a Retrain Boon if there's one floating around out there, but they're still thin on the ground. My poor -1.

Silver Crusade 5/5

Markov Spiked Chain wrote:

I think it's rough for some people to get boons, Mitch. ;)

Have: Mendev Weapon Training
Want: Hypnotic Training -or- Loci Spirit Ritual

I'd love to get a Retrain Boon if there's one floating around out there, but they're still thin on the ground. My poor -1.

True, but the disconnect comes when buying boons with money is frowned upon, but it's okay when the money is in the form of Paizo credit? If it was just once in while it might be a different matter, but when three people are all offering to buy boons with Paizo credit in rapid succession start to get a little murky for me.

3/5

Wasn't interested in starting a fight, so I've edited my post.

5/5 Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka Pirate Rob

The Fourth Horseman wrote:
UndeadMitch wrote:
Markov Spiked Chain wrote:

I think it's rough for some people to get boons, Mitch. ;)

Have: Mendev Weapon Training
Want: Hypnotic Training -or- Loci Spirit Ritual

I'd love to get a Retrain Boon if there's one floating around out there, but they're still thin on the ground. My poor -1.

True, but the disconnect comes when buying boons with money is frowned upon, but it's okay when the money is in the form of Paizo credit? If it was just once in while it might be a different matter, but when three people are all offering to buy boons with Paizo credit in rapid succession start to get a little murky for me.
And if Paizo decides it's a problem, they'll step in. No need to appoint yourself the unofficial boon police.

I don't see any declaration of it being wrong or telling people not to do it or other 'police' like activity. I see him sharing his opinion that it makes him uncomfortable an opinion he should be welcome to share without being attacked.

Lantern Lodge 5/5

How many steps before its:

Tongue-in-Cheek Offer:

Have: Aasimar
Want: $150 Paizo Credit


I think that's the next logical step.

Venture-Agent, Washington—Vancouver aka Krell44

1 person marked this as a favorite.

As one of the folks who offered store credit for a Race boon I would like to respond. I have been playing Pathfinder for about a year now with my son, and we are having a blast. We do not have the opportunity to attend many conventions but would still like the chance to play one of the more exotic races at some point. I have listed a few non race boons on here as offers to trades, but I am betting that they are some of the more common, non-race boons so there is not much desire for them.

Seeing as this is a Boon Trading Thread, and people trade value for value I was simply offering something I did have available that might carry a specific value to another person. If nobody has what I'm looking for, or would rather not trade for it that is perfectly fine. We will continue to play at the local game store and in our home game and having as much fun as we have been having the past year.

Dark Archive

I GM at many Cons ( Gen Con ,Origins, Cincycon an others) so i get many boons that i don't use ( i gm only and rarely play)..

now that being said- i have no problems trading a boon for store credit... heck when you gm at gen-con the give you some store credit as a thank you.

I have traded boons for minis,books,store credit before in the past.

I am always happy if i can trade a boon away to someone who can put it to good use.. and if I am traded a book or store credit ( so i can buy more scenarios or modules) then i can GM even more..

now that being said.. i dont like people buying boons with cash...
but i do understand that folks pay $$$ to go to a CON ( gas...hotels..ect)

ok.... end of rant

Silver Crusade 5/5

DungeonmasterMark wrote:

I GM at many Cons ( Gen Con ,Origins, Cincycon an others) so i get many boons that i don't use ( i gm only and rarely play)..

now that being said- i have no problems trading a boon for store credit... heck when you gm at gen-con the give you some store credit as a thank you.

I have traded boons for minis,books,store credit before in the past.

I am always happy if i can trade a boon away to someone who can put it to good use.. and if I am traded a book or store credit ( so i can buy more scenarios or modules) then i can GM even more..

now that being said.. i dont like people buying boons with cash...
but i do understand that folks pay $$$ to go to a CON ( gas...hotels..ect)

ok.... end of rant

So, what's the difference between somebody paying $50 US for a boon and $50 Paizo credit?

Dark Archive

if using store credit paizo is getting more business ( and we all want to support paizo so they keep making great products )

other than that... not much

personally i dont care if someone sells their boon for cash .. its none of my concern

1/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

There was a distinction made under a previous campaign coordinator that was made in an effort to shut down the idea of folks going to Ebay and selling off boons in a massive bidding war.

The Paizo credit keeps the boon 'in-house', as it were, from my understanding.

I only offered credit because the boons I've been offering have been getting *no* responses and I'd really like to get an Oread sometime before I die of old age to round out the Suli creation package.

If you took offense at this, I apologize, but I'm not seeing much in the way of other options?

Silver Crusade 5/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:


There was a distinction made under a previous campaign coordinator that was made in an effort to shut down the idea of folks going to Ebay and selling off boons in a massive bidding war.

The Paizo credit keeps the boon 'in-house', as it were, from my understanding.

I only offered credit because the boons I've been offering have been getting *no* responses and I'd really like to get an Oread sometime before I die of old age to round out the Suli creation package.

If you took offense at this, I apologize, but I'm not seeing much in the way of other options?

To my knowledge, the intent was that selling boons was frowned upon. Not that selling boons was frowned upon unless Paizo gets a piece of the action. Now, Mike Brock never commented on exchanging Paizo credit (that I can recall), but I feel that it's still selling boons. There are others that apparently feel differently, and they can do as they please, and this is all I really feel like saying on the subject.

Shadow Lodge 4/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Less frowning more offering!

Would like:
Ifrit (for Suli)

In exchange:
Ancestral Ally
Custom Order
Soothsayer

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

Re: store credit:
It's the only real way I have. If someone would like to pick me up and take me to conventions, that'd be great. Until then, if it's not right here in Grand Rapids, I can't go.

Before someone brings up Play-By-Post: I really don't want to ruin 4-6 players' fun that badly, especially as a PFS GM, and thus a representative of Pathfinder Society.

Sorry if that comes off as harsh. I just want to play what I like - this whole "you don't deserve to play a changeling if you can't go to a con" attitude is what kept me from feeling welcome in PFS for years.

Dark Archive 5/5

Kalindlara wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Re:Kalindlara:
Take this as encouragement not criticism. Why do you feel you'd ruin a PbP experience for a group of players? You clearly have some degree of system mastery to know changelings are a thing. Technology can be picked up pretty easily (not much harder than making the spoiler to do rolls and a Google Slides presentation for maps. As long as you stick with it, you can pick up good skills for how to make better posts. You can do it. Have a bit more confidence in your ability to do it. I think you'll also find that it's pretty fun. Sure, you may not be happy with the way everything goes, but almost everyone has things to improve on even after hundreds of games.
1/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Revised so as not to tromple on sensitivities.

Desired: Oread (to round out a Suli creation package) OR a Suli.

Offering: Undisclosed appropriate negotiated compensation that may or may not include the Pathfinder Apprentice Boon (who doesn't want a minion?).

Would offer a couple of the Gen Con one-offs, but they're hardly worth the paper they're printed on, based on demand in this thread.

Silver Crusade 2/5 RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16 aka cartmanbeck

Updating my list of haves:

Want:
Arueshalae boon for PACGuild
Most Race boons (PM offers?)

Have:
Lingering Resonance
Debt to Society
Personal Physician
Paizocon 2015 GM boon (extra trait from Giantslayer Handbook, Just What I Wanted for Card Game)
Translator
Xenophile
Adopted Weapon Training
Custom Order
Expanded Narrative x2
Xenophobia
Triple-race boon (currently useless)

Silver Crusade 3/5 Venture-Agent, Massachusetts—Salem aka WaningMoon

Wow, so much controversy over credit trades. If someone wants to spend 150 bucks on an aasimar boon then let 'em. I personally don't see the point of spending money on a piece of paper that is rendered useless once you hit lvl 12, or die, or get imprisoned if you play that one scenario. I think it's fun networking and forging trades for other boons, but that is just me. On the other hand, if I were offered decent store credit for a boon I'd consider it.

Silver Crusade 3/5 Venture-Agent, Massachusetts—Salem aka WaningMoon

Also:

Have
Expedition Manager
Family Tradition x2
Magaambyan Dilettante
Xenophobia

Want
Gripli
Arueshalae boon for the card game league
Samsaran
Other interesting offers


WaningMoon wrote:
If someone wants to spend 150 bucks on an aasimar boon then let 'em.

Only half-tongue-in-cheek. Sure! I'll have one soon, and would take that offer....

Although, yes, I understand—and agree with—the principle of not exchanging boons for money.

What I really popped in to post is this:
The whole idea of trading boons is a bit odd to me. They are rewards for a particular action, and not necessarily tied to a particular person. But trading them treats them like payment for service (a good or commodity) rather than an award for appreciation. I'm not saying trading is wrong, just that I'm not yet attuned to the idea, even though I see it as a way to get boons I would otherwise never have access to.

More interestingly, as Paizo (nor anyone else that I've found) doesn't keep a list of boons and their meanings, a trade thread means very little to someone not in "the know". Google helps with some of these, but not all. (Some occasionally are listed on the Paizo blog, but that's not universally true.)

It's a question for a different thread, but if there are many unused (tradable) boons floating out there, does that mean Paizo gives away too many or that their pool of recipients is to narrow?

Silver Crusade 5/5

5 people marked this as a favorite.
TomG wrote:
More interestingly, as Paizo (nor anyone else that I've found) doesn't keep a list of boons and their meanings, a trade thread means very little to someone not in "the know". Google helps with some of these, but not all. (Some occasionally are listed on the Paizo blog, but that's not universally true.)

Here is a list of the boons and what they do, for your perusal.

5/5

That is an awesome list, thanks!


UndeadMitch wrote:
Here is a list of the boons and what they do, for your perusal.

Thanks. I've seen it previously, and even shared it. But not only is that list incomplete, it's also unofficial.

I've heard (unsubstantiated) rumor that Paizo discourages such lists as it encourages "boon shopping" (in the meta-gaming sense that a player seeks out particular scenarios or boons for a specific character concept).

Edited to add: I don't wish to be a wet blanket on the boon trading thread. If there was an official issue with it, I think it would have been shut down long ago, rather than stickied. I'm just saying the idea takes some getting used to, and seems incongruous with how Paizo otherwise treats boons.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

these arent boons from scenarios ( those cant be trades)

these are ones earned by gm'ing at Cons and won at conventions for particpating

Dark Archive 5/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
TomG wrote:


I've heard (unsubstantiated) rumor that Paizo discourages such lists as it encourages "boon shopping" (in the meta-gaming sense that a player seeks out particular scenarios or boons for a specific character concept).

They discourage boon shopping for scenarios, i.e. knowing what's on a chronicle before you choose what character you will play in that scenario. It is still somewhat inevitable as someone has to GM, meaning that they will be able to place that chronicle on whatever character they want, and if they play the scenario later, can choose a character they want for that scenario. Doesn't always happen, but players that know what boons are available can influence the way the table plays in order to try and obtain them, which is bad for the table experience.

Sovereign Court 4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Netherlands—Leiden aka Ascalaphus

TomG wrote:


It's a question for a different thread, but if there are many unused (tradable) boons floating out there, does that mean Paizo gives away too many or that their pool of recipients is to narrow?

I think another explanation is that some boons are so specific that there are a lot of niche boons floating around that will only benefit a small % of characters, so it makes perfect sense to trade them.

Silver Crusade 5/5

GM Lamplighter wrote:
That is an awesome list, thanks!

Thanks, the list was made by Michael Eshleman, I just try to repost it every couple of pages.

Lantern Lodge 5/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ascalaphus wrote:
TomG wrote:


It's a question for a different thread, but if there are many unused (tradable) boons floating out there, does that mean Paizo gives away too many or that their pool of recipients is to narrow?
I think another explanation is that some boons are so specific that there are a lot of niche boons floating around that will only benefit a small % of characters, so it makes perfect sense to trade them.

The people who have boons are typically people who GM a lot.

The people who want boons are typically people who play a lot.


Krell44 wrote:

Want: Aasimar Boon

Trade: Paizo Gift Card

How much is the gift card?

Silver Crusade 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8 aka GreySector

1 person marked this as a favorite.
TomG wrote:
UndeadMitch wrote:
Here is a list of the boons and what they do, for your perusal.
Thanks. I've seen it previously, and even shared it. But not only is that list incomplete, it's also unofficial.

If you are aware of boons that aren't on the list please PM me with their information. I'd love to add them!

Grand Lodge 3/5

Quote:
They discourage boon shopping for scenarios, i.e. knowing what's on a chronicle before you choose what character you will play in that scenario. It is still somewhat inevitable as someone has to GM, meaning that they will be able to place that chronicle on whatever character they want, and if they play the scenario later, can choose a character they want for that scenario.

Is that really discouraged for GMs? I thought that was kind of one of the incentives/rewards for GMing.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

I think what was meant is that if you play a scenario you've previously GMed, you'll have perfect knowledge of the potential rewards.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Markov Spiked Chain wrote:
Quote:
They discourage boon shopping for scenarios, i.e. knowing what's on a chronicle before you choose what character you will play in that scenario. It is still somewhat inevitable as someone has to GM, meaning that they will be able to place that chronicle on whatever character they want, and if they play the scenario later, can choose a character they want for that scenario.
Is that really discouraged for GMs? I thought that was kind of one of the incentives/rewards for GMing.

No, just for players. If you have no knowledge of a scenario, you shouldn't be able to check the treasure and pick which PC to play based on that.

But boon shopping for GMs is perfectly normal. I know I made a point of GMing one that gives a special improved familiar just so I could apply it to a PC that can use that familiar. In that case, I knew about the boon on the chronicle from having previously played the adventure with a different PC.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber
Fromper wrote:
Markov Spiked Chain wrote:
Quote:
They discourage boon shopping for scenarios, i.e. knowing what's on a chronicle before you choose what character you will play in that scenario. It is still somewhat inevitable as someone has to GM, meaning that they will be able to place that chronicle on whatever character they want, and if they play the scenario later, can choose a character they want for that scenario.
Is that really discouraged for GMs? I thought that was kind of one of the incentives/rewards for GMing.

No, just for players. If you have no knowledge of a scenario, you shouldn't be able to check the treasure and pick which PC to play based on that.

But boon shopping for GMs is perfectly normal. I know I made a point of GMing one that gives a special improved familiar just so I could apply it to a PC that can use that familiar. In that case, I knew about the boon on the chronicle from having previously played the adventure with a different PC.

I'm planning to GM some for similar reasons.

There's only one that I want to actually play for its benefit, and I don't know the statistics of the boon...

A certain scenario:
I just want to marry a noble! ^_^

Silver Crusade 5/5 ⦵⦵

Have:
Expanded Narrative (Season 7 GM boon alternate)

Want:
Interesting race boon - PM me your offer :)

Dark Archive

Starfinder Superscriber
Fromper wrote:


No, just for players. If you have no knowledge of a scenario, you shouldn't be able to check the treasure and pick which PC to play based on that.

I completely disagree with this statement, seeing as most people will only be able to get credit for a scenario once. Picking the right character to play a scenario is crucial in a play environment that restricts things as much as PFS does.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

Best not to have this debate at length here - it'll derail the thread and get cleaned out by moderators.

Please create a new thread for discussion on this matter. ^_^

Sovereign Court 4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Netherlands—Leiden aka Ascalaphus

Kalindlara wrote:

I'm planning to GM some for similar reasons.

There's only one that I want to actually play for its benefit, and I don't know the statistics of the boon...

** spoiler omitted **

The scenario really makes you earn that one. I blew a star to replay it and it was still dicey.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber
Ascalaphus wrote:
Kalindlara wrote:

I'm planning to GM some for similar reasons.

There's only one that I want to actually play for its benefit, and I don't know the statistics of the boon...

** spoiler omitted **

The scenario really makes you earn that one. I blew a star to replay it and it was still dicey.

I don't really get a lot of options to play anyway. I'll probably just have to run it. sigh

In other (more on-topic) news, I've acquired a tiefling boon from a very nice member of the forum. Big thank-you!

Still potentially interested in a vishkanya boon...

Sovereign Court 4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Texas—Houston South aka Lord Valstaff

Hey guys, kinda new to GMing, and earned a few boons.

2015 GM Boon #1 (Aasimar)
2015 GM Boon #13(Share the Wealth)

Probably Impossible, But looking for:

Dhampir Race Boon

or

Something interesting.

1,851 to 1,900 of 3,898 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / Boon Trading Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.