About Cyanea Michailidis
----- Ten minute background -----:
Concept and background:
1) Cyanea was raised in Absalom by her mother. She never knew her father, except through her mother's stories of his otherworldly beauty and flowing grace. They had known each other for only a short time, she said, but to spend even a few days with one so noble as a marid was a blessing equalled only by Cyanea herself.
2) While Cyanea's marid heritage did not display itself prominently at a casual glance, it did bestow upon her the ability to control water with merely a thought. This began to manifest when she was only a toddler - which made mealtimes frustrating for the willful toddler's mother.
3) Cyanea grew up on her mother's ship, sailing between Cheliax and Absalom on the Inner Sea. She was a darling of the crew, taught to hoist sails and watch for signs of bad weather as soon as she was old enough to climb and haul.
4) Her mother was stricken with illness and passed away when Cyanea was 13. The ship and control of the trade route was given to her mother's first mate, while Cyanea was left with little but her mother's old sword.
5) Both to honor the memory of her mother and to try to attract the attention of her mysterious father, Cyanea began to sail herself once she was old enough. She began as little more than a ferry driver between Oppara and Absalom, but with time she attained her own ship, Marid's Treasure.
6) On one of Marid's Treasure's earliest voyages, she and a few of her crew stopped at a show where a busker danced with a trained badger as accompaniment. Noticing the creature's significant limp, Cyanea took pity and offered to buy the creature from its former master (a deal the busker was all too willing to take - as his cohort slowed down, so did his profits). The animal, renamed Iroas, soon became Cyanea's beloved pet, and a constant fixture at her side.
7) Since Cyanea and Iroas first met, she has been using her command of water to soothe the painful ache in Iroas's leg. Over time, this has had a curious effect - with each treatment, the limp subsides a bit further, but his toes have also begun to web, and the faint outline of gills are visible beneath his thick fur. Now, he is as attuned to the water as his master...which she was glad to discover the first time rough seas threw him overboard.
7) To avoid competing with her mother's former friends, Cyanea's travels began to take her further and further south. Eventually, she extended her reach all the way to Iblydos, and now she journeys between Absalom and Megalios once a year.
8) In that expanse between the two islands, there be monsters... While Cyanea was able to defend her prize against all comers until recently, off the coast of Holomog she was beset upon by a sea hag that threatened to sink her ship and kill her entire crew. The sea hag was eventually defeated, but the ship was badly crippled, and Cyanea and what crew are left barely managed to struggle into Aelysos a fortnight and a half ago.
9) Now Cyanea is stranded in Aelysos, with a badly damaged ship and little of her cargo left to help her recoup her losses, and with Ousmariku due to return at any moment, Aelysos is not an ideal place to be stranded...
----- Statblock ----- :
Undine kineticist 5
NG Medium humanoid (human), outsider (native, aquatic)
Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +11
----- Defense -----
AC 22, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+5 DEX, +2 shield, +1 armor (ABP), +1 deflection (ABP), +3 armor)
hp 55 (5d8+15); fast healing 2 (when submerged in water, 10 hp/day)
Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +5 (+1 resistance (ABP))
Defensive Abilities shroud of water; Resist cold 5
----- Offense -----
Speed 30 ft., swim 30 feet
Melee Rapier +8 (1d6/18-20 x2)
Ranged Water blast +8 (3d6+6/x2)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks water blast
----- Statistics -----
Str 10, Dex 20 (physical prowess +2), Con 16, Int 10, Wis 16 (4th level increase, mental prowess +2), Cha 12
Base Atk +3; CMB +3; CMD 17
Feats Persuasive (bonus feat), Nature Soul, Animal Ally, Boon Companion
Skills Profession (sailor) +11 (5 BG ranks), Handle Animal +6 (5 BG ranks), Knowledge (nature) +10 (5 ranks), Survival +13 (5 ranks), Diplomacy +11 (4 ranks), Intimidate +7 (1 rank), Perception +11 (5 ranks)
Traits World Traveler, Heirloom Weapon (proficient with mother's rapier), Careful Combatant (first two squares of withdraw action do not provoke) Drawback Attached (mother's rapier)
Languages Common, Aquan
SQ elemental overflow +1, metakinesis (empower), infusion specialization 1, amphibious
Equipment masterwork studded leather (175 gp, 20 lb), rapier (free from trait, 4 lb), backpack (part of pathfinder's kit), pathfinder's kit (12 gp, 22 lb) ioun torch (75 gp, -), nautical chart (25 gp, -), chain belt (15 gp, 0.25 lb), underwater compass (20 gp, 0.5 lb), traveler's any tool (250 gp, 2 lb), fan feather token (200 gp, -), lady's mercy (150 gp, -), potion of lesser restoration (300 gp, -), oil of create water (25 gp, -), potion of silence (300 gp, -), earplugs (3 cp, -) wandermeal (7 days, 7 cp, 3.5 lb) 382 gp, 5 sp, 5 cp
----- Special Abilities -----:
Elemental Focus water
Burn (Ex): At 1st level, a kineticist can overexert herself to channel more power than normal, pushing past the limit of what is safe for her body by accepting burn. Some of her wild talents allow her to accept burn in exchange for a greater effect, while others require her to accept a certain amount of burn to use that talent at all. For each point of burn she accepts, a kineticist takes 1 point of nonlethal damage per character level. This damage can’t be healed by any means other than getting a full night’s rest, which removes all burn and associated nonlethal damage. Nonlethal damage from burn can’t be reduced or redirected, and a kineticist incapable of taking nonlethal damage can’t accept burn. A kineticist can accept only 1 point of burn per round. This limit rises to 2 points of burn at 6th level, and rises by 1 additional point every 3 levels thereafter. A kineticist can’t choose to accept burn if it would put her total number of points of burn higher than 3 + her Constitution modifier (though she can be forced to accept more burn from a source outside her control). A kineticist who has accepted burn never benefits from abilities that allow her to ignore or alter the effects she receives from nonlethal damage.
----- Animal Companion - Iroas -----:
N Medium (treat as Large) animal
Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +6