About Chirk and Ruue
Male grippli hunter 1/slayer 3 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 26, 53, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 2 149)
Ruue CR –
N Small animal
Init +4; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +6
AC 18, touch 15, flat-footed 14 (+4 Dex, +3 natural, +1 size)
hp 34 (4d8+20)
Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +2
Defensive Abilities evasion
Speed 60 ft.
Melee bite +8 (1d4+1), 2 talons +8 (1d6+1)
Str 12, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 14
Base Atk +3; CMB +3; CMD 17
Feats Toughness, Weapon Finesse
Tricks Attack, Attack Any Target, Come, Defend, Fetch, Seek, Stay, Track
Skills Acrobatics +4 (+16 to jump), Perception +6, Stealth +13
SQ animal focus, attack any target, come, defend, fetch, seek, stay, track
Animal Focus (Su) As a swift action, gain bonuses from emulated animal(s).
Attack Any Target [Trick] The animal will attack any creature on command.
Bear +2 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed enhancement bonus to Con.
Come [Trick] The animal will come to you on command.
Defend [Trick] The animal will defend you.
Evasion (Ex) No damage on successful reflex save.
Fetch [Trick] The animal will get a specific object.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ ft. by sense of smell.
Seek [Trick] The animal moves into an area and looks around for anything that is obviously alive or animate.
Stay [Trick] The animal will stay where it is.
Track [Trick] The animal will track a scent.
Facts about Chirk and Ruue:
1. Chirk was born in the Kaava Lands but spent a good portion of his youth in the western portion of the Valashmai Jungle. His entire family was expelled from the clan for selling Grippli eggs to slavers. Chirk met Shan Zhen in the jungle while gathering food and started a friendship. Shan Zhen showed Chirk the ways of the hunt and Chirk taught Shan Zhen how to speak Grippli.
2. Chirk's father stole some velociraptor eggs from a nest they located in the Sodden Lands and sold all but one of them. He gave the last one to Chirk as a nameday gift to raise from a hatchling. Chirk has a knack for animals and a special bond with Ruue, whom he considers his best friend.
3. Chirk has experienced nightmares since he was a child and is afraid to sleep around others due to embarrasment. He usually wakes suddenly and cries out in terror. He hasn't found anything that will cure what he thinks is a curse, but he thinks of it quite often. He was exposed to a Pharasmin priest a few months ago and has taken to worshipping her in private.
4. Chirk worked for the Pathfinder Society for a time, but tired of having to willingly give over items of worth for what he felt was unequal pay. He left in good standing but will not go back. He has also served as a mercenary and in a small group of adventurers, which quickly disbanded.
5. Chirk thinks actions speak louder than words and usually doesn't judge anyone based on demographics. He considers himself an excellent tracker, guide and warrior with the ability to move silently and kill swiftly with bow or blade.
6. Chirk is usually more willing to solve an issue with blades than he is to wait for a democratic process to occur. If provoked he will send Ruue in to attack, working in concert with the velociraptor until the confrontation is resolved.
7. Chirk's current goals are to do some more exploring, travel the world and possibly join up with a group to look for ancient artifacts and treasure. While he won't admit it, he is fascinated by most other cultures and will try and stay in populated areas to soak in the sights, sounds and atmosphere.