Dancing Lights - 3/3 remaining
Spells (DC = 14 + spell level; +1 for evocation)
Level 1 - 3/5 remaining
Str 12, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 8, Cha 19
hp 12 (2d6 [6,4] + 2 con)
Base Atk +1; CMB +2
Special Abilities & Spells:
Bonus feat: Mage’s Tattoo (Evocation); caster level for evocation spells improved by 1; gain Dancing Lights as SLA, usable 3/day
Silver Tongued: Humans with this trait gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks. In addition, when they use Diplomacy to shift a creature's attitude, they can shift up to three steps up rather than just two. This racial trait replaces skilled.
SORCERER (Tatooed & Wildblooded archetypes)
Familiar Tattoo (Su): Temperbrand the Thrush (stats below). A tattooed sorcerer gains a familiar as an arcane bond, as a wizard equal to her sorcerer level. Her sorcerer levels stack with any wizard or witch levels she possesses when determining the powers of her familiar—this ability does not allow her to have both a familiar and a bonded item.
Unlike most familiars, her familiar can transform itself into a tattoo that she carries in her flesh. Transforming into a tattoo or back to normal familiar form is a move action for her familiar. In tattoo form, the familiar looks like a stylized version of itself, but does not count as a creature separate from the tattooed sorcerer. In tattoo form it continues to grant its special familiar ability, but otherwise has no abilities and can take no actions except to transform from tattoo into creature. A familiar tattoo cannot be erased or dispelled. This ability replaces her 1st-level bloodline power.
Mage's Tattoo (Ex): At 1st level, the tattooed sorcerer gains Mage's Tattoo as a bonus feat. If she doesn’t have Spell Focus, she may choose which school of magic her Mage's Tattoo enhances. This ability replaces her Eschew Materials bonus feat.
Sorcerer Spells Known
Aska, the Thrush (Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic)
CG Diminutive magical beast (animal)
Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9
AC 17, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+2 Dex, +1 natural, +4 size)
hp 6 (1d8-2)
Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +5
Speed 10 ft., fly 40 ft. (average)
Melee bite +0 (1d2-5)
Space 1 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Str 1, Dex 15, Con 6, Int 6, Wis 15, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB -1; CMD 4
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Acrobatics +2 (-6 to jump), Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Fly +12, Intimidate -1, Linguistics -1, Perception +9, Sense Motive +3
SQ improved evasion
Flight (40 feet, Average) You can fly!
Improved Evasion (Ex) No damage on successful reflex save; half on failed save.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Feats Additional Traits (human), Spell Focus: evocation (1), Ulfen Tattoo: evocation (Sorc1)
Skills (8 total = 4 oracle, 2 Int, 2 favored)
Languages Taldan (Common), Hallit, Skald, Sylvan
Worn: cold weather clothes, lamellar leather armor, cold iron morningstar, dagger, alchemist's fire
Beltpouch: whetstone, flint & steel, monies (139.7g)
Waterproof leather satchel: potion of Enlarge Person, journal, ink pen, blank ink, steel mirror, charcoal x5, hip flask (applejack)
Scrollcase: Scroll of Comprehend Languages
Backpack (carrying causes Medium Encumbrance): waterskin, furs, winter blanket, traveler’s clothes, shaving kit (straight razor, shaving brush, shaving cup, shaving powder for 50 shaves), travel mess kit (wooden plate and bowl, tin cup, fork, knife; all tied together with leather cord)
Age: 18 Height: 5' 10" Weight: 153
Hair: black Eyes: gray Skin: pale
In all, he’s a young man who’s always stood out in Heldren.
So Braegan was brought south by a friend of his mother's, who gave him to his old Aunt Mahb. A witch according to the locals, and a woman not cut out for motherhood. So she did what she thought was best; she set him up to be raised by one of the local town families, the Hightowns, a loving family with one daughter and a desire for more.
This was how Braegan was raised, an outsider raised by a community far from the place of his birth. He grew to be a confident, charming young man with fiery passions and a reckless nature. His burns kept him from taking on more traditional apprenticeships, but he had a rich, warm baritone voice that he learned to use as a local performer, singing at the local taverns whenever he could. He made friends. He made enemies. He grew up.
And in the dancing of the flames, Braegan's thoughts are drawn north. And in the cold of the snowfall, Braegan's eyes are drawn north ... to the place where his life was forever changed by the jadweega. To the place he plans to return one day. For answers. For revenge.
• Neutral: Most of Heldren. Braegan enjoys a bit of celebrity in the small town due to his “evening gig” singing at the Stoat many evenings, especially around holidays or special events. Most people like him, and everyone knows he’s adopted. Most know he’s pretty close to his Aunt Mahb, the crazy hag who lives out in the woods.
• Enemy: Locally, Braegan’s got a rivalry going with one of the other local youths. Merrick Cross, he’s kind of the alpha male of the young men in Heldren. Athletic, handsome, and well-liked. He’s a good enough guy, but there’s a competitive rivalry that always tends to turn sour between him and Braegan. Braegan is frustrated that Merrick is so athletically gifted, and Merrick is frustrated that Braegan competes for the girls’ attention despite being a skinny outsider. It’s only come to blows twice, both when they were kids. The first time ended with Merrick soundly drumming Braegan into submission. The second time, Merrick was once again winning when Braegan’s power manifested, and the fight ended with Merrick being rushed to Heldren’s healer to treat the burns. It’s been an uncomfortable rivalry that always stopped short of violence ever since. Braegan knows he’ll lose and Merrick (in addition to being weary of being burned again) is a good enough guy to know that fighting someone with Braegan’s physical handicap (the burns) is unfair.
On a grander scale, Braegan knows enough from the stories his Aunt Mahb have told him over the years to suspect there is someone up north who killed his mother and tried to kill him. He’d like to put a face and name to this mystery person … and force them to confront what they’ve done, if possible.
1) Mage’s Tattoo (evo), Additional Traits, Spell Focus
3) Spell Specialization (Burning Hands)
5) Spell Penetration
7) Improved Familiar: Pyrausta
9) Improved Initiative