Sajan Gadadvara

Andrew L Klein's page

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber. Organized Play Member. 1,797 posts (3,510 including aliases). No reviews. No lists. 1 wishlist. 7 Organized Play characters. 12 aliases.


1 to 50 of 274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

1/16-orc vs android... I legitimately don't know who'd win that one.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

Ok I actually let out an audible chuckle at those last two posts.

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I will say I definitely think people should read the linked blog, because to me that blog and this post come off saying very different things.

The OP here reads to me like "fluff isn't important if you aren't great in your crunch", but the blog has more of a "don't build around fluff if your mechanics don't match" vibe, which I agree with.

The example in the blog is a good one. A cleric who was a fighter who will always step into combat, but intentionally built a non combat character. That's not just "why would you do that", that causes problems for the rest of the party and shouldn't be done.

However, the comment here about being brought along to slay a dragon - that depends what the players told ahead of time. If you tell me to build a a character for a campaign that's all combat and no roleplay, I'm not going to put skills into Diplomacy, or take feats that help with Disguise. Likewise, if you tell me it's a role play campaign with little combat, I'm probably not going to take things like Power Attack or Cleave.

If you don't tell me anything though, I'm going to build a well rounded character with an obvious focus area. Can I talk to people? Sure, I'm decent at that. Use magic items? Depends on my fluff. Beat stuff up? You bet, because combat kills you more often that failed skill rolls.

There's an important divide between the two sides, and too many people play one and ignore the other. Crunch is not the end all be all, and shouldn't ever be treated as such unless the GM makes it clear you should.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Tengu Fighter 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 19 / T: 13 / FF: 16 | CMB: +4 / CMD: 17 | F:+5 / R: +4 / W: +2 | Init: +5 Perc: +5 | Speed: 30ft
Sigríðr Jǫrðhamarr wrote:
If they chew her face off, it dinnae work.

A rule everyone should know, because it applies to everything. I don't care what you're doing, if snakes are chewing your face off, it didn't work.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LE Dragon | HP: 21/65| AC: 18 / T: 14 / FF: 15 | CMB: +11 (+14 dirty trick, +13 disarm / trip) / CMD: 25 (28 vs. dirty trick, 27 vs. disarm / trip) | F:+8 / R: +10 / W: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +11 | Speed: 30ft

Sorry, my page wasn't showing any new posts -- I actually came in to see what was going on haha

An armored half-orc steps out from the shadows behind the wizard and puts his hand on his shoulder, whispering

That's what I do

He steps forward and joins the group, sharpening a shortsword as he speaks

If you need anything stolen, killed, or infiltrated quietly, I'm the best you'll find. Want someone to smooth talk their way past a guard or show off their booksmarts, look somewhere else.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

No you cannot take 1 or 7 first. Adjacent parenthesis are always taken in order, no exceptions.

You can take the Acid, Cold, etc. or the d12 in your example in any order, including before the +X bonuses because they are not immediately next to each other. If you see ")" followed immediately by "(", you must take them in order. If ")" is not immediately followed by "(" you can do any order.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

I couldn't have said it better myself, young orc. Garmen Ulreth runs a local gambling hall, the Silverdisk Hall, although we've for some time suspected it is little more than a headquarters for his goons, the Ropefists. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. It's in the western region of our town, near the Foundry Tavern. Number 3 on your map

Unfortunately he has quite an influence on Torch and it's people, even though he holds no position on the council or as a legitimate merchant. Most of the town owes him in one way or another, and he has learned to take advantage of that. Rumor has it that some of the Ropefists have even been seen by the lake in recent days, but we have yet to find any evidence they're involved in whatever is going on... not that I would be the least bit surprised.

Liberty's Edge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
I can't bloody sleep. I'll doze off for 30 minutes then be awake 45. It's going to make a hell of day later. It's 5:30 AM where I am, and the temps today are supposed to be in the upper 90s. The air conditioner in my vehicle is out and I have a lot of driving to do later. I'm going to be in such a good mood (smell that? That's sarcasm).

They say regular exercise helps with your ability to fall asleep at night.

So maybe you need to go for a Run DMC.

Even though that statement is true, it was brought up 100% entirely for the purpose of delivering that pun.

As a lover of puns, I applaud you for that one. Sadly, due to my weight and bad leg, I haven't been able to run in 2 decades. So it's walk or limp DMC for me.

Walk DMC, the Run DMC slow jazz cover band.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

You can all go be dragons. I'll stick to being a world famous barrel rider

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Ok that's just awesome.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

Miranda:
The exact purpose seems to elude you, but these coils were definitely used to transport something into the room. Whether small items, or even liquid or gas, you aren't sure, but it's some sort of delivery system. Given the size of the last several rooms and that this is clearly not part of the cave, it appears likely they would be used to either eject something from the structure, or prepare something for entrance.

Although you are able to enter the small room, the northeastern door seems to still be locked. Though the room seems mostly clear, tucked away in a dimly lit corner appears to be a body.

Forlen recognizes the body as likely being one of his attackers. The rest of the party clearly recognizes it as being of the same race as the humanoids they met in the cave.

Quote:
Did... Did I get probed? >_>

I don't think you want the answer to that...

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Makes me wish my GNL mats from Kickstarter had arrived already. Those things are going to be a godsend for mapless con GMs

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Alright, so I'm hitting my first GenCon this year, and am GMing for a few different scenarios. I just want to check so I can get everything needed, what is provided by the GM? I assume everything, but I don't want to by flip maps and then find they either would be provided or that there would be generic grids I could draw the maps on, etc. Minis or pawns I assume I provide, etc.

I couldn't find the exact information anywhere, but I want to make sure I bring everything needed, without buying something that's going to be provided anyways.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
First World Bard wrote:
Mike Selinker wrote:
We are discussing this. Hang loose till Vic can clarify.
Sorry; you asked us to hang loose, but it is clear we are hanging tight.

I'm only hanging loose, part of my grip is used on all these thoughts he told us to hold onto.

I will say this though, needs moar DIPLOMACY: STRENGTH +X!

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

That... is amazing

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Simon, that's perfectly fine. Any applications before the deadline are good, and I plan on talking with the party over the weekend to get a headstart on narrowing it down.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Slacker2010 wrote:
Andrew L Klein wrote:

New Siwar challenge*

Tier 7, Righteous only, solo all the way.

That is crazy and only someone that hated themselves would attempt that.

Honestly the only reason I probably won't play Siwar in WotR (not solo, as mentioned above that is crazy) is due to time constraints. There are so many other characters I want to try, I would need to quit my job to have the time to cycle around to her again. Granted she has been my favorite so far.

I apparently hate myself, because WWWWWHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LET'S DO THIS!!!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

Iantha/Smith:
Is that what you call the living machines? Yes, one has come through here, barely a week ago. A party not unlike yours, humans, orcs, mousefolk, and the lone android. They headed north, and the gremlins all disappeared, they clearly understood they weren't going to survive her passing. In fact, she paid us quite a sum to kill anything and anyone that tried to pass by us. That deal was made with my predecessor, though, and I consider myself free to... renegotiate any terms as I see fit, including making an exception for you if you meet my terms.

Dromer/Miranda:
The man looks at you for a moment as he pauses sharpening his blade, then goes back to doing it slowly, almost like a child taunting an adult who told him to stop.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

The mention of the two that got away was back in the main area with Dromer and Miranda. I'll start using spoilers to try and prevent any future confusion

Dromer/Miranda:
Do you put a sign on your home? No, it is your home and people know not to go in. Why should it be any different down here? We deal with intruders our own way. If you don't like it, don't intrude.

Iantha/Smith:
In the interest of an... honest partnership? I don't know whether you'll be more effective. Either you succeed and you're out of my way because you go inside, or you fail and you're out of my way because you're dead. I don't care which.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Iammars wrote:
Okay, I can't let this stand. Druid of the Flame is one of the best allies of all time! All time!

Yea, yea, calm down Kanye ;P

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

I'll get a Google spreadsheet setup for loot tracking and get it linked on the campaign page for everyone. Regardless of what the party chooses, I'm sure everyone will want to keep track that info.

Sovereign Court

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Loving the alignment-changing paladin and anti-paladin archetypes. Hoping the Gray Paladin goes PFS legal. I love paladins, love playing with them, but don't like playing LG myself.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Hopefully they did as well as they needed to continue, I want my Occult iconics, my Evil iconics, I want EVERYTHING!

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Murdock Mudeater wrote:
This should really be in that PFS document somewhere. Even if only to clarify disallowing tiny/huge weapons.

I don't see a need for clarification. Small/Medium/Large are given as Always Available, and the other sizes don't have an official price structure, which we all know means you can't buy something in PFS

Quote:
So, by your logic, a medium Titan Fighter (PFS legal fighter archetype) is unable to acquire a weapon which their class is designed around...?

No, because he said Huge, not Large. Large weapons are Always Available, and have a pricing structure given in official sources. Huge weapons do not have an official pricing structure, so of course they can't be bought in PFS.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

-6 Stealth. After rolling. Holy crap Hroren

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

It's funny, I actually increases the height of this ledge. The book has it as 5 but I thought "Dromer can just pick up half the party at that height, screw that" lol

Don't worry about posting too frequently. As long as no one is getting left behind, which I'm making sure not to cause by proceeding, it won't be a problem. I love seeing the interactions between you guys. Especially Dromer when it comes to Smith :)

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

As Dromer swings his sword, you notice there is nothing in front of him. You could swear there was a third critter there a moment ago, but now there's nothing. You then notice that Dromer is dripping with beetlejuice. Immediately afterwards, Iantha launches a crossbow bolt that manages to pierce the remaining beetle, but only barely. It then turns its head to the android who swung on it seconds earlier.

Bite v. Smith: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Round 2
Bold may act

Beetle (Red)
Iantha
Dromer
Beetle (Orange)
Miranda
Hroren
Beetle (Yellow)
Smith

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

You hit AC, go ahead and confirm crit roll damage

Also -- if he kills one? I'll give you fair warning now. If I throw 3 of something at you at level 1, and 23 points of greatsword crit doesn't kill one of them... RUN! ;P

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

I love random useless information!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

This bundle is going to be the death of me

Post will be up momentarily. Finishing up placement on the new map.

EDIT: Posted, and map link is above my avatar as well as the top of the page.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
ThreeEyedSloth wrote:
Andrew L Klein wrote:
ThreeEyedSloth wrote:
Also, looks like each Adventure is $5, with a Season Pass that is cheaper than $25 (but not known at this time.) That's a great pricing model. It also sounds like each Adventure will come out in a staggered release, hopefully monthly, rather than all at once.
I think that price point is going to do great things for them. I'm not sure staggered releases will do well in a digital format for something that already exists elsewhere, but I don't know enough about it to really say.

Episodic games are really hot right now, so it makes sense for them to go that route if they are going to charge per Adventure pack.

As long as the wait between each one isn't long. Because I'll tear through 5 scenarios in a single sitting probably.

I can't read that post without picturing Mugatu's "Hansel... he's so hot right now"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck
Dromer Greyskin wrote:
Dromer doesn't flip his hair away from his face.

Lies!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

I'll post tonight. Had to rebuild my computer and I'm trying to get my files and notes all back together.

Also, you guys are in the tavern. Albeit one that was closed until you came in a murdered my precious robot, but the tavern nonetheless.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I like Ostog's armor acquisition changing to weapons.

However, the Kneecapper is going to have a hard time not being the greatest set of powers I've seen so far.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

1) The blessings are 99% just a timer, and you won't be using their powers. Note, however, that most (if not all) deity's blessings have a power that lets you recharge them instead of discard when you play them if that same blessing is on the top of the timer discard pile. Some scenarios will have you add other cards to the timer deck, but they'll explain how it works on the card.

2) You pick one of the listed skills. That might be listed on your card, it might not. Very few cards don't have at least one the six skills that every character has (Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha). If you choose one that isn't on your character card, you use a d4. Note that if a card lists only Intelligence and Arcane, you can use Arcane even if it is based on a skill other than Intelligence (example, sorcerors and bards base Arcane on their Charisma).

Also, it doesn't matter what a skill is usually based on. It doesn't matter that every character with Knowledge bases it on Intelligence, if you don't have it on your card, you can use it but it is not an Intelligence check like it would be if your character had Knowledge: Intelligence + X

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

Oh definitely, I should have say the most of the party. Especially since, as we've seen, we're all over the freakin place in terms if time zones!

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Fair enough. Once you account for removals, which I would totally use a drawer for (right now they go to the front of the card type and flipped backwards) it's a good fit. I know and love the Afghanistan principle, but culling those cards takes more time than they'll ever add in setup. All my cards that frequently need searching for (scenarios, locations, henchmen, villains) are alphabetized anyway.

So now my purchase decision comes down to one thing - labeled dividers, keep us updated!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

As your shift ends mine begins, I'm off in ten minutes to go deal with the same type of stupid, technologically inept users for 8 hours...

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Science Deck

Lol "1/16-orc". Love it.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I got through most, got caught up in something and couldn't finish so I will be finishing tonight. PMs will go out tonight.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I'm disappointed. I forgot there were rules for being drunk and thought someone turned PF into a drinking game...

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Goblin deck means Gobl---

Screw it I'm too excited to write a Goblin song

FREAKING GOBLINS

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
He'sDeadJim wrote:
I haven't seen this one yet: Background Skills?

No, just the standard skill system.

Awesome characters so far everyone, and I love that some of you are already connecting your characters to some extent.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Steve Danials wrote:

OK, cool! Also, just to be sure, are you doing weight limits for characters?

In most games I've played, as long as we're not being obnoxious, no one pays attention if you're encumbered, but I wanted to ask ahead of time.

Partially. I won't be applying penalties like Max Dex and Armor Check Penalties for encumbrance, but I will enforce speed penalties.

Kaziya Hellfallen wrote:
I do not have any experience with PFS, is there anything special I need to do to be kosher with that?

For sanctioned paths there is an option called Campaign Mode, where basically we don't need to follow PFS rules, and we run the whole path using whatever the GM allows. This is how I'm running it, so PFS rules restrictions don't apply. There's an option to only certain portions of each adventure using PFS characters and rules, but I'd rather expand the options and content, so I'm running it as a standard campaign.

Nathan Hartshorn wrote:
I am interested as well. Not too choosy as far as class types go, but I'll likely be staying within Core and Advanced Player's Guide as those are what I am most familiar and comfortable with. Has John said what tiers each of the Sanctioned portions are yet?

The full chronicles, including tiers and rewards, can be found on the store page for the first adventure. Here is the download link

Fires of Creation (2-4)
Lords of Rust (5-7)
The Choking Tower (8-10)
Valley of the Brain Collectors (11-13)
Palace of Fallen Stars (13-15)
The Divinity Drive (15-17)

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
With fractional BAB its indeed a lot easier to multi-class.

And that was my thought exactly. I see so many posts about how painful a dip of any number of levels can be. I figured I'd try to alleviate that as much as possible.

Steve, we'll be starting at the very beginning of the 6-part adventure path, Level 1.

Cartmanbeck, no issue with the fly speed. Well, not enough to say no to the race, what sane GM doesn't have any problem with a level 1 flyer?! As far as I'm concerned, it's just another character option. Worst case scenario, if it's so powerful it lets you guys crush encounters without a challenge, I can always make some adjustments. Basic stuff like more ranged weapons.

Plus, I can't in good faith ban that anyways, considering I tried to bring a 60ft. fly speed Level 1 character to a friend's (brand new GM) 5e game... :)

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's finally here, the Iron Gods sanctioning for Pathfinder Society. So, what do we do? Well now we play!

Who doesn't love mixing SciFi and fantasy into one mish mash of gaming fun? OK, not a small number, but we don't care about them, because we do love it!

I'm going to be running the Iron Gods adventure path in Play-By-Post Campaign mode, granting chronicle sheets as we reach the appropriate points in the story. The chronicles will be for standard, non-core, PFS play.

I will be using Google Docs for encounters and maps.

I will leave submissions open until 11:59PM GMT -7, January 31st. Obviously since this is PbP, there isn't a strict start time, but I will notify everyone chosen by midnight the night of February 3rd, and will post the intro after I have notified you all.

Now, let's get to the crunch!

Character Creation:

First off, Paizo only. No 3pp

Class: Any
Race: Any, no race creator
Alignment: No evil
Ability Scores: 25 Point Buy
Traits: 3, one must be from the IG Player Guide, no drawbacks for extra
Starting Gold: Max for your class
Hit Points: Max at first, roll each level after. One reroll each level if you roll below average
Misc: No Leadership for simplicity's sake. VMC is allowed. It's PbP, so you have the time to use Sacred Geometry if you want to use it

No other alternate or sub character options, such as Words of Power.

We will be using fractional bonuses for BAB and Saves, and leveling by milestone instead of experience.

Backgrounds aren't necessary, but would be good. If some of you know each other beforehand, then awesome!

This is by no means my first time GMing, nor my first PbP. However, it is my first time GMing PbP. I will hold myself to a minimum of one post per day (exception for encounters when players are up, even then I'll almost always chime in), and will probably do more. I do ask that, with the exception of weekends where we all know things come up, you try to post minimum once per day. I'm always willing to adjust to whatever pace the party seems to be going at.

How combat will work:

I'll roll initiative for everyone, and put everyone into order. Consecutive player turns will be grouped together, as will consecutive enemy turns. Everyone in a block can act in any order, whoever posts first, acts first. During combat, I am more strict with posting frequency. I'm fine if people take time to post, but if it's been a long time waiting for you to take a turn (no exact time, but always at least 24 hours), I may bot you based on what it seems your plan has been so far. I will never delay your turn, and penalize the party because of unforeseen circumstances.

If I missed anything, or you have any questions or issues, let me know and I'll answer ASAP

Now, power on your androids, rev up your chainsaws, and let's play some Iron Gods!

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
BigNorseWolf wrote:
Bob Jonquet wrote:
Duiker wrote:
Clearly your anecdotal evidence of not having a problem means that his anecdotal evidence of having a problem is false and merely the result of prejudice.

I disagree. The prejudice is not the anecdotal difference of opinion, it stems from the idea that anyone who uses HeroLab is automatically disruptive. To be fair, prejudice is not really the right word. The situation is more akin to stereotyping or profiling, but I think we all know what the point is.

Can HeroLab does used disruptively? Absolutely so. Is HeroLab inherently disruptive? No any moreso than other gaming aids, and certainly not moreso than a paper character sheet.

]

Not all gaming aids are equally disruptive. Shooting foam d20's out of a ping pong ball launcher for example...

Is... ummm... hang on I know this one... slightly disruptive but awesome enough that the benefit outweighs the problem!!

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I plan on opening PbP recruitment for one tonight or tomorrow morning CB!

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Paladin, that actually leads me to another question I've always had but never asked

Does a GM get a full chronicle with XP and all even if the players don't? Or does an abandoned PbP hose the GM too?

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Hmmm... I have a question now based on the interior.

Will there be labeled dividers? I'd rather have some not homemade and I definitely don't want all the cards together. I hope that, if they don't, I can find some good professionally made ones or I'll be passing on the product I've waited a long time for.

1 to 50 of 274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>