GM Chadius presents Star Crossed duology 1-09 and 1-23 (Inactive)

Game Master chadius

>RPG Chronicles signup<

>Slides<


251 to 300 of 634 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

Female Tiefling Witch (Night)-6 | hp:50/50 | HP:0/3 | F11 R9 W11 | AC20 | P8 I8 | DV | EA | 124312-2005

Luna throws her returning starknife twice more at Grey before conjuring up another shield.
starknife: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 0 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 - 0 = 25 slashing: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 1 = 7 (range increment penalty)

starknife: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 - 5 = 21 slashing: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 1 = 4 (range increment penalty)

Horizon Hunters

CN (female) Gnome (Fey-Touched) Bard 6 | HP 73/74 | AC 24 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | Perc +12 | Stealth +11 | 25 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 2/2 | spells 1: 3/3 2: 3/3 3: 3/3| ◆ ◇ ↺ | Active Conditions: Diplomat's Badge, Negative Energy resistance 1, raised shield

Basic Reflex Save DC 19: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Success for 4 damage

Salaish sends another Electric Arc at the gray mephit, then steps back out of its line of sight.

Electric Arc: 3d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) + 4 + 1 = 14
Includes Inspire Courage. DC 22 Reflex save

◆◆ Cast a spell, ◆ Step

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 6 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/0 | HP 74/74 | AC 24 | F/R/W: 12/13/11 | Perc +11 (+12 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 21 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 | Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Isaku moves into the room and sends a fireball at Blue.

Produce Flame, Ranged, IC: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 1 = 15 for Fire Damage: 3d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) + 4 + 1 = 13 Double + 3d4 Persistent Fire

Isaku curses as he slips on some loose gravel and sends his fire straight up.

◆ Stride
◆◆ Produce Flame

Apologies for the silence. I totally forgot about the games!


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

Gray Reflex: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 1 = 9

Luna's Starknife cuts the large mephit twice as Salaish sends a bolt of lightning down its throat at a critical moment.

Scratch notices the Blue tinted mephit and shoots it before ducking to reload.

Round 2
Gray (Enlarge, Clumsy 1, 53 damage)
Luna (Shield)
Scratch
Seoni (Flaming Sphere, 16 damage, Reflex Save)
Salaish (4 damage)
Isaku
Blue (Clumsy 1, 51 damage)
Caitlin

Seoni: Basic Reflex Save DC 19 against 9 slashing damage. Failure means you take 1d6 persistent bleed damage.

>Gathering Chambers Map<

Each time a PC Strides across the floors in this room after the mephit drops the oil, they must succeed at a DC 15 Acrobatics check at the start of the movement or take a –10-foot circumstance penalty to their Speed for the rest of the round. I marked the area in a translucent gray background.


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

I don't have Seoni's character sheet, so...

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Seoni Sustains her spell to bring the sphere a bit closer to the Gray Mephit.

Then she backs away from the Blue Mephit, around the corner.
Persistent Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Flat Check to stop Bleeding: 1d20 ⇒ 14

The Blue Mephit regains its balance, and takes a deep breath to spew steely shards at the crew.

Luna, Caitlin, Salaish: Basic Reflex Save DC 19 against 3d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 5) = 7 slashing damage. Failure means you take 1d6 persistent bleed damage.

Blue reload: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Gray reload: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Then it swipes at Scratch, not happy about getting shot.
Fist: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Bludgeoning: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 6) + 5 = 12


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

Round 2
Gray (Enlarge, Clumsy 1, 53 damage, Reload 3)
Luna (Shield)
Scratch (12 damage)
Seoni (Flaming Sphere, 26 damage, 1d6 Persistent Bleed)
Salaish (4 damage)
Isaku
Blue (51 damage, Reload 1)
Caitlin

Luna, Caitlin, Salaish: Basic Reflex Save DC 19 against 7 slashing damage. Failure means you take 1d6 persistent bleed damage.

>Gathering Chambers Map<

Each time a PC Strides across the floors in this room after the mephit drops the oil, they must succeed at a DC 15 Acrobatics check at the start of the movement or take a –10-foot circumstance penalty to their Speed for the rest of the round. I marked the area in a translucent gray background.

Horizon Hunters

Female Tiefling Witch (Night)-6 | hp:50/50 | HP:0/3 | F11 R9 W11 | AC20 | P8 I8 | DV | EA | 124312-2005

ref: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

OW! Flutterbat! Did you get hit?

Since Flutterbat had been using her mistress as a shield, the answering squeak is no.

Vigilant Seal

Mostly human precision ranger 5 | AC 23 | HP 63/63 | P +11 F +10 R +13 W +11 | Def. Expl.: Seek | | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Caitlin stabs at her prey once more Dancer's Spear: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 222d6 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 + (6) = 12


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

Caitlin continues her assault against the Steely Blue Mephit, piercing her spear from afar.

Persistent Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Flat Check to end Bleeding: 1d20 ⇒ 8

The gray mephit soon realizes it's stuck in the room, so it dispels its large size, flies into the hallway, and tries to punch Caitlin. Emphasis on try.

Fist: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

Round 3
Gray (53 damage, Reload 2)
Luna (Shield, 7 damage, 1d6 Persistent Bleed)
Scratch (12 damage)
Seoni (Flaming Sphere, 26 damage, 1d6 Persistent Bleed)
Salaish (4 damage, Reflex Save)
Isaku
Blue (63 damage, Reload 1)
Caitlin (13 damage, 1d6 Persistent Bleed)

Salaish: Basic Reflex Save DC 19 against 7 slashing damage. Failure means you take 1d6 persistent bleed damage.

>Gathering Chambers Map<

Each time a PC Strides across the floors in this room after the mephit drops the oil, they must succeed at a DC 15 Acrobatics check at the start of the movement or take a –10-foot circumstance penalty to their Speed for the rest of the round. I marked the area in a translucent gray background.

Horizon Hunters

Female Tiefling Witch (Night)-6 | hp:50/50 | HP:0/3 | F11 R9 W11 | AC20 | P8 I8 | DV | EA | 124312-2005

bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 2
flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 4

She steps towards Scratch to stab at Blue before raising shield
starknife: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 piercing: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 1 = 3

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Scratch watches Luna flail about, blood flying everywhere, as she tries to stab the blue creature I think Isaku needs to take a look at that one, a hot mess!

He calmly levels his rifle barrel on the edge of the brazier again, aims for center mass, and pulls the trigger. IC should be up this last round here.

BOOM!

+1 Striking Arquebus: Concussive, Fatal d12, Kickback, IC: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 17 + 1 = 35
Damage (P/B), IC: 2d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8, 3) + 2 + 1 = 14

Replace Damage with Fatal Damage if a Crit, then x2 (P/B), IC: 2d12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9, 10) + 2 + 1 = 22
Extra Fatal Dice Damage (P/B): 1d12 ⇒ 4

"Take that ya blue basstahhd!" He shouts, but not before ducking back down for some cover as he reloads. Feeling brazen he fires again.

+1 Striking Arquebus: Concussive, Fatal d12, Kickback, IC: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 17 + 1 - 5 = 31
Damage (P/B), IC: 2d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7, 7) + 2 + 1 = 17

Replace Damage with Fatal Damage if a Crit, then x2 (P/B), IC: 2d12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8, 5) + 2 + 1 = 16
Extra Fatal Dice Damage (P/B): 1d12 ⇒ 10

Strike blue, Covered Reload: AC26, Strike blue/gray

Horizon Hunters

CN (female) Gnome (Fey-Touched) Bard 6 | HP 73/74 | AC 24 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | Perc +12 | Stealth +11 | 25 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 2/2 | spells 1: 3/3 2: 3/3 3: 3/3| ◆ ◇ ↺ | Active Conditions: Diplomat's Badge, Negative Energy resistance 1, raised shield

Reflex DC 19: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Crit success for no damage.

Salaish manages to dodge all the needles as she steps sideways and fires off another Electric Arc at Blue and Gray.

Electric Arc damage: 3d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3, 1) + 4 + 1 = 13
Includes Inspire Courage bonus. Blue and Gray each need to make a DC 22 Reflex save.

◆ Step, ◆◆ Cast a spell


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

Luna continues to bleed as her starknife flies around the Steel Blue Mephit.

Scratch has a better idea and critically blows the thing to shreds. Then he spins around and critically blows the other mephit into a fine dust.

Combat is over, but our heroes continue to bleed. Except Salaish, she's fine.

Combat Over
Luna (Shield, 9 damage, 1d6 Persistent Bleed)
Scratch (12 damage)
Seoni (Flaming Sphere, 26 damage, 1d6 Persistent Bleed)
Salaish (4 damage)
Caitlin (13 damage, 1d6 Persistent Bleed)

Bleeding:

If unchecked, Luna, Seoni and Caitlin will eventually stop bleeding.

Round 3
Seoni: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Caitlin: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Round 4
Luna: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Seoni: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Caitlin: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 16 Caitlin stops Bleeding after 9 damage.

Round 5
Luna: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Seoni: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 19 Seoni stops Bleeding after 7 damage.

Round 6
Luna: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Round 7
Luna: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 19 Seoni stops Bleeding after 14 damage.

>Gathering Chambers Map<

Lumki peeks her head from behind a corner. "Is-is it safe?"

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 6 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/0 | HP 74/74 | AC 24 | F/R/W: 12/13/11 | Perc +11 (+12 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 21 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 | Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Isaku takes the moment to treat Seoni's wounds.

"Deep breath, my friend, as this might sting." he says, pulling out a throwing knife.

Treat Wounds, Risky Surgery, DC 20, Assurance: 4d8 - 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 4, 3, 6) - (5) + 10 = 23

If we have more time, he'll do the same to everyone else, though without the risky surgery (so 2d8+10 healing with Assurance medicine). Luna and Caitlin should lose the bleed at that point unless Caitlin rolls snake-eyes on 2d8

Horizon Hunters

Female Tiefling Witch (Night)-6 | hp:50/50 | HP:0/3 | F11 R9 W11 | AC20 | P8 I8 | DV | EA | 124312-2005

Yeah. It's safe Luna replies.

She drinks a Lesser Healing Potion, provided by the school, not sure if her pearly while Aeon stone, kept in her Wayfinder can keep up with the bleed.

lhp: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 7) + 5 = 15

Horizon Hunters

CN (female) Gnome (Fey-Touched) Bard 6 | HP 73/74 | AC 24 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | Perc +12 | Stealth +11 | 25 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 2/2 | spells 1: 3/3 2: 3/3 3: 3/3| ◆ ◇ ↺ | Active Conditions: Diplomat's Badge, Negative Energy resistance 1, raised shield

Salaish keeps watch while Isaku tends to the wounded.

Perception +12 to notice approaching danger


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

Luna drinks a potion to heal herself and stop the bleeding.
Isaku almost takes care of Seoni's bleeding, but she bleeds on. (Seoni is down to 3 damage.)

Round 4, Isaku takes care of Caitlin, stopping her bleeding altogether.
Treat Wounds: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 5) + 10 = 19

Bleeding:

Round 3
Seoni: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 10 (4 damage)
Caitlin: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 14 (16 damage)

Round 4
Seoni: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 1 (9 damage)

Round 5
Seoni: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 19 Seoni stops Bleeding after 7 damage. (10 damage)

Damage Totals after Round 5:
Scratch (12 damage)
Seoni (10 damage)
Salaish (4 damage)

>Gathering Chambers Map<

When you're ready to move on, tell me which numbered room you'd like to go next.


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

Moving us along to room 2...

This room is covered in a thick layer of dust, with the vague outlines of large pillows and other furnishings seemingly the only remains that the years have left to indicate what this room might once have been.

"Oh. This was a receiving area. Iruxi would come and lounge on the throw pillows while waiting to use the telescope. Or you could talk to the other astrologers. But..." Lumki frowns. "It's been centuries since anyone outside of Kihirat came here."

You don't notice anything out of the ordinary in the area, and no one has reacted to the noise.

Horizon Hunters

CN (female) Gnome (Fey-Touched) Bard 6 | HP 73/74 | AC 24 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | Perc +12 | Stealth +11 | 25 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 2/2 | spells 1: 3/3 2: 3/3 3: 3/3| ◆ ◇ ↺ | Active Conditions: Diplomat's Badge, Negative Energy resistance 1, raised shield

"That's not ominous at all." Salaish mutters. "Leave no stone unturned, they say. But a certain gargoyle is preparing a special welcome for us, and I'd hate to keep him waiting too long." If the party insists on searching the room, Salaish will help to speed things along, but she'd rather skip to the end.

Perception +12 if needed

Horizon Hunters

Female Tiefling Witch (Night)-6 | hp:50/50 | HP:0/3 | F11 R9 W11 | AC20 | P8 I8 | DV | EA | 124312-2005

Luna imagines what it would have looked like back then, but then she nods at Salaish's words.


F Human (skilled) Sorcerer 5 | HP 52/52 | AC 20 | F+11 R+10 W+11 | Perc +9 | Spell DC 21 | 25" | Hero 1/3 | spells 1 4/4 2 4/4 3 3/3 | Focus 1/1 | ◆◆◆◇↺|

"That was one nasty cut! I hope we don't encounter more of them." Seoni helps also, to speed things along.

Perception +9 if needed

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Sorry, been a long weekend!

Scratch just grins, blowing the smoke out of his barrel as the two creatures land in mangled heaps "That'll teach 'em." He reloads and climbs out from behind the brazier, slinging his rifle back over his shoulder.

"If anyone wants chewed gold thread mixed with lousewort lemme know." He pulls out some herbs and chews them up before stuffing them into his lone wound.

Natural Medicine DC15: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Crit Healing: 4d8 ⇒ (7, 8, 2, 5) = 22

----

Scratch shrugs "We can circle back around, but we'll need to look this place over top to bottom." Gotta make sure they don't have any other nasties unleashed here.


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

GM Screen:

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

The pillows are a bit dusty, but you find nothing out of the ordinary.

Keep looking? Move on to another room?

Horizon Hunters

CN (female) Gnome (Fey-Touched) Bard 6 | HP 73/74 | AC 24 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | Perc +12 | Stealth +11 | 25 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 2/2 | spells 1: 3/3 2: 3/3 3: 3/3| ◆ ◇ ↺ | Active Conditions: Diplomat's Badge, Negative Energy resistance 1, raised shield

Move on, working counter-clockwise along the perimeter. We can do a thorough search once all known threats are cleared.

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Scratch chews slowly on smokey jerky, he seems to have a never ending supply in his deep pockets. He stops to pick a few stringy bits from his teeth, taking a closer look at the treasure before putting it back in for chewing round two. "Yep, let's get in the next area.. I think I see a three hung over that doorway there." He points to the NE.


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

This expansive chamber, though ancient and crumbling, was obviously once a beautiful sight. The high stone walls are carved with ornate designs depicting iruxi gazing up at the night sky, and the decayed ceilings show the remains of what were once detailed depictions of the night sky.

A large platform situated in the north-central area of the hall once held a massive copper telescope aloft on a ridged base that allowed for various adjustments, but now the telescope lies in ruins, much of it apparently scavenged over the years. A platform with a rotating base sits near the opening in the wall that the telescope would have protruded through, it’s mechanisms long fused into a mass of rust. A soaring sheet of green-tinged bronze covers the majestic entryway on the eastern wall.

Each step into the observatory elicits crackling and groaning sounds from the floors and walls. The building seems solid enough, for the moment, but a jarring impact or damage to the ceiling’s supports might be all the impetus required to bring the building crashing down.

Damage Totals
Seoni (10 damage)
Salaish (4 damage)

>Gathering Chambers Map<

Horizon Hunters

Female Tiefling Witch (Night)-6 | hp:50/50 | HP:0/3 | F11 R9 W11 | AC20 | P8 I8 | DV | EA | 124312-2005

Oh wow Luna says when she sees this room. Look at those ceilings. I don't know the stars as well as I probably should .. but ... that is impressive.

She uses her magic to clean the walls and ceiling as best she can.

Would the iruxi like this place fixed up? I'm fairly sure there are some Pathfinders who would be keen to do it. Or maybe build a new one.


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

"Oh yes, of course we'd love to clean the area." Lumki traces her hand against one of the cleaned walls. "Er, once we remove the intruders. We'll have to reinforce the observatory first, of course. No point in cleaning it if the ceiling is going to give way."

Horizon Hunters

Female Tiefling Witch (Night)-6 | hp:50/50 | HP:0/3 | F11 R9 W11 | AC20 | P8 I8 | DV | EA | 124312-2005

True that. It might be cheaper to build a new one ... plus this telescope will have to be replaced. Bet it was a good instrument in it's day

Horizon Hunters

CN (female) Gnome (Fey-Touched) Bard 6 | HP 73/74 | AC 24 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | Perc +12 | Stealth +11 | 25 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 2/2 | spells 1: 3/3 2: 3/3 3: 3/3| ◆ ◇ ↺ | Active Conditions: Diplomat's Badge, Negative Energy resistance 1, raised shield

I could swear I posted about casting Soothe on Seoni and drinking an elixir of life earlier, but it's not there. The spell is even taken off her tracker. Can we retcon?

Retconned healing, if allowed:
1st level Soothe on Seoni: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Elixir of Life for Salaish: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Keeping her voice low so as to avoid eavesdropping, Salaish remarks to her team: "Well, I don't like advertising exactly where I'm standing. Anyone else want to save this creaky room for last?"

If the group chooses to investigate this room first: Perception +12 to check for traps and a gargoyle.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 6 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/0 | HP 74/74 | AC 24 | F/R/W: 12/13/11 | Perc +11 (+12 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 21 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 | Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

If retconning is allowed, keep the Soothe, Salaish.

Treat Wounds, Seoni, DC 20, Assurance: 10 = 10
it's 2d8+10, so the 2d8 is kinda superfluous at this point! :)


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Waiting for a bit, the team takes a break to help stop Seoni's bleeding. Salaish decides to drink an elixir to heal her wounds.

Salaish wonders if they should continue looking through this room, or if they should move on and come here last.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 6 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/0 | HP 74/74 | AC 24 | F/R/W: 12/13/11 | Perc +11 (+12 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 21 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 | Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Isaku draws his pistol as a precaution.

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

"Well, we can try to move around to the other side quietly. Follow ole' Scratch if you wanna be neither seen nor heard." Scratch offers for the others to follow the expert in a stealthy maneuver.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 6 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/0 | HP 74/74 | AC 24 | F/R/W: 12/13/11 | Perc +11 (+12 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 21 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 | Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Isaku follows Scratch, watching the dwarf's every move.

Stealth +11


F Human (skilled) Sorcerer 5 | HP 52/52 | AC 20 | F+11 R+10 W+11 | Perc +9 | Spell DC 21 | 25" | Hero 1/3 | spells 1 4/4 2 4/4 3 3/3 | Focus 1/1 | ◆◆◆◇↺|

"Thank you for the healing, much appreciated."

Seoni stays back, waiting for a signal to follow from her more stealthy companions.

Vigilant Seal

Mostly human precision ranger 5 | AC 23 | HP 63/63 | P +11 F +10 R +13 W +11 | Def. Expl.: Seek | | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

"Are we going to search now or after we sort the gargoyle out?" Caitlin asks before she sneaks along (+11)

Horizon Hunters

CN (female) Gnome (Fey-Touched) Bard 6 | HP 73/74 | AC 24 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | Perc +12 | Stealth +11 | 25 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 2/2 | spells 1: 3/3 2: 3/3 3: 3/3| ◆ ◇ ↺ | Active Conditions: Diplomat's Badge, Negative Energy resistance 1, raised shield

Nodding, Salaish follows, tiptoeing as quietly as she can across the creaky floor.

Salaish's Stealth is +11 T. So with Follow the Expert, her modifier should be +13 (Since Scratch is an Expert), right?

"Looks like we're sorting the gargoyle first, unless someone speaks up otherwise."


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

GM Screen:

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

If anyone heard you, they didn't react to it. You make your way to the northwest corner of the observatory.

A pool of what appears to be liquid silver or a similar metal sits near the center of this room, constantly roiling as though stirred by a powerful current.

DC 20 Arcana or Nature:
Closely observing the pool and its liquids, you realize you can use it to summon a greater steel mephit, once per day.

DC 18 Perception:
One of the walls can be slid aside, revealing a hidden passage.

Horizon Hunters

Female Tiefling Witch (Night)-6 | hp:50/50 | HP:0/3 | F11 R9 W11 | AC20 | P8 I8 | DV | EA | 124312-2005

arcana: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Luna points out the hidden passage. As for the silvery pool, not a clue.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 6 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/0 | HP 74/74 | AC 24 | F/R/W: 12/13/11 | Perc +11 (+12 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 21 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 | Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Arcana(T): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Isaku also slides open the wall and reveals the hidden passage. He has a look at the pool but has no idea what it is or what it's used for.

Vigilant Seal

Mostly human precision ranger 5 | AC 23 | HP 63/63 | P +11 F +10 R +13 W +11 | Def. Expl.: Seek | | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

Nature and Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

"It's a summoning pool. You can bring through a strong steel mephit once every day. Should we do that?"


F Human (skilled) Sorcerer 5 | HP 52/52 | AC 20 | F+11 R+10 W+11 | Perc +9 | Spell DC 21 | 25" | Hero 1/3 | spells 1 4/4 2 4/4 3 3/3 | Focus 1/1 | ◆◆◆◇↺|

Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
"How did you figure that out? I can't see what you mean..."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


1-23 (Thread|Slides)

The team quickly discerns a hidden passageway. I've marked it on the map with a white square with a red/brown outline.

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Nature DC20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

"You sure that's not for tanning hides? People use pits like that with different chemicals to tan a good hide. Make it last for years, no rot!"

Perception DC18: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

He does notice the secret door "Well, lets check that door first, maybe its a quick exit in and out of this place.. we can talk about summoning in this.. mephit thing in the mean time. How'd you even convince it to help us anyhow?" Scratch tries to open the secret door, and is disappointed to see such a short trip into the nearby corridor.

Horizon Hunters

CN (female) Gnome (Fey-Touched) Bard 6 | HP 73/74 | AC 24 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | Perc +12 | Stealth +11 | 25 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 2/2 | spells 1: 3/3 2: 3/3 3: 3/3| ◆ ◇ ↺ | Active Conditions: Diplomat's Badge, Negative Energy resistance 1, raised shield

Salaish remains by the roiling pool, studying it pensively. "My main concern is leaving it for Paravaax to use against us. Does anyone know how to use it, so we can eliminate that threat? I have no clue."

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:
Salaish Talenduth wrote:
Salaish remains by the roiling pool, studying it pensively. "My main concern is leaving it for Paravaax to use against us. Does anyone know how to use it, so we can eliminate that threat? I have no clue."

"I just toss in a few scraped pelts, fur still on, and lett'em soak. Best to just use a junk fur first to see how strong it is so you don't ruin a good one if its strong stuff. Haul it out and restretch it, scrape off all the fur. Once its dried up and clean you gotta work the leather so it softens up a bit." Scratch goes off on a hide tanning tangent.


F Human (skilled) Sorcerer 5 | HP 52/52 | AC 20 | F+11 R+10 W+11 | Perc +9 | Spell DC 21 | 25" | Hero 1/3 | spells 1 4/4 2 4/4 3 3/3 | Focus 1/1 | ◆◆◆◇↺|

"Can anyone check for traps on this passageway?"

Vigilant Seal

Mostly human precision ranger 5 | AC 23 | HP 63/63 | P +11 F +10 R +13 W +11 | Def. Expl.: Seek | | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

Can Caitlin use it?

251 to 300 of 634 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chadius presents Star Crossed duology 1-09 and 1-23 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.