The Rusty Flagon Inn

Game Master Nightfiend

Maps

Completed Scenarios


1 to 50 of 1,593 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Maps

Recruitment Teaser - The Rusty Flagon Inn:
The Rusty Flagon Inn, known by the locals as the Red Room, got its name do to its rich cedar trim that lines the building’s interior. At night, when the place is illuminated, the walls take on a deep crimson hue that reflects heavily off the water that surrounds Magnimar’s docks. Over the years, the establishment has fallen on hard times and has since deteriorated, leaving only its unique interior as a testament of its glory days. To this day, the inn’s crimson light still shines into the bay giving it a warm and inviting feel.

Over the last year, the Pathfinder Society has begun renovating the Inn, rendering its seaside view open to the elements. Its recently constructed roof now sits halfway between the remains of the building and a series of reinforced pylons that allow it to serve as a patio that leads deep into the inn's cozy interior. Although the establishment is currently under construction, it remains open to the public and ready to serve.

The relentless rain beats down on the old planks that make up Magnimar’s docks. Meanwhile, streaks of color occasionally flicker in the distance as the rain cascades past a series of covered lanterns that light the dock’s walkway. Curled up next to a large hearth, that runs the length of the Flagon’s patio, sits a young woman holding an old leather-bound book. Its bindings, riddled with deep tears and darkened spots, testifies to the texts true age. While nestled tightly in her arms, the light from the hearth’s fire allows for only a quick glimpse of the book's exterior declaration. “The Pathfinder’s Ledger,” flashes into view as the flames dance quickly about causing the room's illumination to shift. The woman sits quietly, watching the rain, as a large ship drifts slowly towards the docks. Before long, heavy wooden planks drop from the ship’s deck and land firmly onto the dock’s ridged surface. Without hesitation, a number of the ship’s hands leap from the side of the ship and begin securing it.

From deep within the Flagon’s dimly lit interior, a shaky voice interrupts the silence. “Sheila, that’s the third boat of adventures tonight. Are you sure were ready for this?” The old voice asks, just before fading back into the darkness. In response, the young woman shifts and then glances back into the inn’s main room. “More than ready. I have enough requests here to keep them occupied for a long, long time. We should probably get things ready. I doubt this group will be able to secure lodging for the night.” After taking a moment to enjoy the last of the night's peace, she gets up and moves back into the "RUSTY FLAGON INN".

Introduction: Over the course of a week, the Dockway district of Magnimar has erupted with a massive influx of traffic from all across Golarion. Adventurers, both fare and wide, have made the voyage to the city of monuments in order to seek their fortune. Until now, most adventurers have had to root out prospects or stumble across a fortunate opportunity. Now, thanks to the Pathfinder Society, a more organized method of locating employment is at hand. The word is out, and much like yourself, adventures have answered the call in a big way. Standing before you, adventurers of every description gather outside a partially reconstructed inn. The inn, which boarders Magnimar’s main dock, is currently roped off with a long, thick, mooring line. It’s over extended patio, stretches fifty feet beyond its open dining room. Behind the rope, a large hearth runs the full length of the inn’s patio, which ends just before reaching the dock. Situated to either side of the hearth, sits multiple circular tables surrounded by a variety of hardwood chairs. Deep within the building’s main room, a rugged looking bar extends from one of its walls, creating a squared off area next to a carpeted stairway that leads up into the buildings resting quarters. The hearth’s fire, blistering with warmth as it dances around a well-crafted slate exterior, causes the building’s rich cedar walls to reflect a crimson hue that extends into the bay. Not far away, a woman stands before a rod iron podium that is set off to one side of the inn’s bar. She seems preoccupied with a large leather-bound book that is laid out across the podium. While ignoring the massive gather, she continues to read page after page.

Along the docks, adventures gather in anticipation of the inn’s opening. Conversations begin to take shape as topics of dungeons, crypts, and tombs are commonly spoken of. Boasting about skill and experience melds into a chorus of voices as individuals clearly make attempts to impress more experienced groups. Among the melding of voices you manage to pick up a bit or two about what’s taking place.

Off to one side of you, a young man wearing a crude set of armor, says something about “signing up for a group,” to someone in the crowed. While making your way through the crowed, and closer to the inn, a dark-haired woman wearing a thin, low-cut dress, converses with her rat familiar. “Only a recognized group will be allowed to sit at a table,” she mentions to the rat. After making it all the way to the rope, you stand comfortable close to the hearth. Somewhere between the rain and the mixed conversations you overhear a group of heavily armed men talking. “The tables are going to have first crack at the loot,” one says to other.

Before long a young boy, probably sixteen years of age, steps out of the inn and begins removing the rope that separates the establishment from the public. It doesn’t take long before random individuals begin taking seats at the tables. It takes even less time for the establishment’s muscle to extract the individuals from those seats. Eventually, the tables begin to fill with what looks like more experienced adventuring groups. The only thing you can see, that sets them apart, is the fact that they are united and sit at the table together. When approached by the proprietor and asked if they are a group, their response is an unequivocal, “yes.”

Table after table the room begins to fill. Soon, all but one of the tables become occupied. In desperation, adventures everywhere begin to look around the room in a last ditch effort to join a group. Glancing from one to the other for any sign of acceptance. Any, last minute indication that a group would be willing to take them in. In the heat of the moment, you notice an adventurer look your way and nod. Soon another random adventurer looks over at you and nods, and then another. Eventually, you and a bunch of random adventurers lunge for the last table. Moments after you take a seat, the inn’s elderly proprietor makes his way over. “Are you an adventuring group?” He asks in a cracking uneven tone.

Welcome to the Rusty Flagon Inn. The table now seats the six of you. Please feel free to describe and introduce yourselves in a way that doesn’t give away the fact that you’re not an existing group.


Male
Skills:
Percep +10|Diplo +12 (Charming +14)|Heal +12|Kn. Rel +8|Kn. His +6|SM +8|Prof (bartender) +10|Spell +6
Aasimar|HP 30/30|F +6 R +2 W +7 Resist acid, cold and electricity 5|AC 16 (FF 15, T 11)|Init +1| Cleric/4th|Channel Energy (Su) 2d6 6/6x/day (Will DC 15)|Agile Feet (Su) 6/6Rounds/day|Dazing Touch (Sp) 6/6Rounds/day

To anyone who has been at The Rusty Flagon a few times recognizes the tall, muscular bartender. Who, instead of being behind the bar, is waiting outside with the other adventurers. Wait. The bartender's gonna be an adventurer? Some of the regulars must think. The bartender doesn't have his normal apron on, looking more ..armed than he normally does. The bartender has a rapier hanging from his hip and a buckler on his wrist, making him look a tad unbalanced symmetrically. The bartender is tall, muscular without looking bulky, wearing a set of chainmail armor. His hair is cut short, with a thin, narrow beard and mustache. His backpack boasts a small barrel, along with a waterskin and canteen, with a healer's kit strapped on the outside. A wooden symbol of a tankard hangs from the leather lace around his neck, which the bartender rubs absentmindedly with nervous energy.

GM Nightfiend wrote:
Table after table the room begins to fill. Soon, all but one of the tables become occupied. In desperation, adventures everywhere begin to look around the room in a last ditch effort to join a group. Glancing from one to the other for any sign of acceptance. Any, last minute indication that a group would be willing to take them in. In the heat of the moment, you notice an adventurer look your way and nod. Soon another random adventurer looks over at you and nods, and then another. Eventually, you and a bunch of random adventurers lunge for the last table. Moments after you take a seat, the inn’s elderly proprietor makes his way over. “Are you an adventuring group?” He asks in a cracking uneven tone.

”Yes, we are, sir” The bartender smiles up at the bar's owner and boss. ”It's me, Wayilant Arden. And these are my friends and teammates.”

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Would Wayilant know the proprietor's name?


Female Half-Elf Bloodrager 4| HP 40/40 | AC 16 (T 12, F 14) | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F +6, R +3, W +3 (+2 vs Charm and Compulsion) (All +1 vs Arcane Spells) | Init +3 | Perc +9 | Speed 40 | Rage 12/12

Bryndís doesn't waste much time at all deciding what to do when she sees how things are going to work. When she spies the bartender in the crowd along with everyone else, she goes straight to him, figuring he'll have the inside track on the juicier jobs. Besides, he's as tall as she is. She gets tired of always looking at the tops of people's heads.

Walking up beside him, Bryndís lets him know she's there with a soft elbow to the arm, followed by "I'm with you." It isn't a request or a question, just a simple statement of how things are going to be. Without wasting time on an introduction, Bryndís starts scanning the crowd again. Occasionally she will point and call out "You! Over here!" to one person or another. If they're closer by, she walks over, tells them the same thing, and leads them back by the arm.

First she picks out a man armed with one of those skinny little pig-pokers people from cities seem to be so fond of. He looks local, which could be handy in a city the size of Magnimar. Ionatan Deverin

Next, she sees a Variasian, good looking and definitely her type. Hopefully he's useful for something else as well. Dario Zaizarko

The tiny girl with black hair and a cat is her next selection. Bryndís knows what's up when she sees someone like her with a cat at a place like this. She may not love what it means, but Bryndís is no fool and understands the power the girl represents. Bryndís will just have to make sure she keeps a close eye on her. Talienda Blackhorn

Finally she picks out the gnome she has scanned past several times already. It's curiosity that decides the matter. Bryndís can't imagine what someone so very small as her might possibly be doing there. Either the gnome must be confused and lost, or she is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Bryndís grins at the thought and calls her on over. Cerulean Skies

When the small party is gathered around, Bryndís begins muscling through the crowd toward the entrance, bringing them as close to the front as she can manage. There's no way she's going to see those table fill up before they get one.

Once they're seated and the old man stops by their table, Bryndís stops looking around and gloating at the others still fighting for a place long enough to reply to his question.

"Yes yes. We are an adventuring group. We have long known each other. Friends from when we were all children. We are always together still."

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


M Chelaxian Aasimar Swashbuckler 1 | HP 11/11 | AC17, T14, F13, CMD15 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electric 5 | F+1, R+6, W+1 | Init +4 | Perc+1 (darkvision 60'), SM+6+ | Speed 30' | Glitterdust | Panache 4/5

Looking about the crowd, Ionatan seems perplexed. Amused, naturally, but perplexed. He spots Wayilant easily enough and heads in his direction. He grins broady at the site of the rapier and buckler.

As he gets close, though, a larger, not unattractive, woman grabs Wayiant's arm and says something to the barkeep. The young aasimar's smile grows as he tries to remember if he's seen her in the bar or not. Distracted by his own wondering, he almost misses her pulling him in as well. "Normally one of us should be buying the other a drink first, don't you think?" Of course he winks as he finishes the rhetorical question.

As the group moves to what will be their table, he doesn't sit immediately. Instead, he pulls and holds a chair for Bryndis, Talienda, and then Cerulean in order, before taking his own seat.

As the bouncer verifies their eligibility, the Chelaxian ego goes on full display. "Your ignorance is forgiven. You will learn better than to question our status in the future."

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Facepam

After he moves on, Ionatan leans in to discuss with the others. "They'll want a name soon enough. Something like Call of Cayden?"


F NG Human (Taldan) Bard 2/Sorcerer 2 | HP: 26/26 Temp: 0 NL: 0 | AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +6 (+10 v. Bardic Perf.) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (Darkvision 120 ft.), SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7, Bardic Performance: 9/9 | Spells: Bard: 1st: 3/3, Sorc: 1st: 5/5 | Active conditions: None Echo F NG Cat (Qadirian Longhair) | HP: 13/13 NL: 0 | AC: 15, T: 14, FF: 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 8 (12 v. trip)| F: +1, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (Low-Light Vision, Scent)

Talienda shifts the weight of the pack on her shoulders as she waits in the crowd. It is foolish to be out here. A noble-born girl barely out of childhood and so sheltered she makes the naïve seem wise will be an easy target, not to mention her chances of survival in the rough and tumble life of an adventurer. Alina is certain to kill her when she hears about this stunt.

"Mrrow?"

The soft question comes from Talienda's feet, where her other oldest friend is rubbing against her leg and looking up at her with a questioning look that is sure to turn into disapproval if she frets too much. Echo hadn't liked it before the horrid night in the courthouse weeks ago, but since then, she has become more perceptive and sensitive to Talienda's moods.

"Oh, alright. I'll stop fretting, Echo," Talienda says before squatting to pick up the cat. The purring and headbutt against her chin work their magic, washing away her worry.

Talienda looked around the room again, taking in the menagerie of styles, cuts, materials, and quality around her. Even among adventurers she stands out. Her crisp clothing newly laundered before purchase and the new-leather shine on her pack belied her inexperience and her resources.

Or her supposed resources, rather.

She looks the part of a rich girl. Her ears are adorned with silver and sapphire earrings and her curly, black hair is done up neatly with exquisite ribbon and silver pins similar to those merchants claim are from Tian Xia. Fine embroidery trimmed the hems of her blouse, vest, and skirt. She squirmed in place, shifting the pack on her shoulders and flexing her toes in the new boots on feet. All that was missing was a full coin purse on her hip begging to be pilfered.

Talienda's purse is back in her room behind a locked door. She carried one key in her belt pouch. The old gentleman asking if people were in groups, a worrying sign in itself, has another. The last key is carried by Alina, who much to Talienda's relief finds herself busy buying food and sundries for the two of them. Even if someone finds it and decides to take it, they would be sorely disappointed in its contents, enough coin to by a fairly common weapon, and little else. A state of affairs that has lead Talienda try this foolhardy play.

Not that it is likely to matter, the tables are filling up with already assembled groups, some of which look far better off and far more skilled than she is. Perhaps she should leave. If she hurries, she might even be able to hide the pack and clothing from Alina before she returns and--

"And you."

The words are firm, but nothing like the iron grip Talienda finds her arm in as Bryndis drags her along towards a table with several others. It takes a step or three to match Bryndis' speed, but Talienda manages it before she is literally dragged across the floor. Talienda opens her mouth, but closes it when she sees something flash in the young woman's eyes.

Echo looks on, uttering not a peep nor squirming in Talienda's arms, a small mercy given the cat's length. This has to be a mistake. Surely this woman doesn't mean to have Talienda in her group without even knowing her.

"Are you an adventuring group," the old proprietor asks. Bryndis answers quickly with a lie. Talienda has never seen anyone here, much less the group around the table. She hasn't even been out of the Petals District until a month ago.

Talienda looks to Bryndis. The woman is impossible to get a read on in the brief moment Talienda has. As her eyes look back to the old man, she nods.

Bluff(Aid Bryndis): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 oof. Welp there goes the next bit I had planned.

As the old man stares at her, she pulls Echo closer. The cream and grey longhaired cat curls up in her arms, her eyes intent on the old man.

I'm not going to be here much longer, am I.


Maps
Wayilant Arden wrote:

”Yes, we are, sir” The bartender smiles up at the bar's owner and boss. ”It's me, Wayilant Arden. And these are my friends and teammates.”

Bluff (14)

Would Wayilant know the proprietor's name?

The old man glances up from a small one-handed book, that he had been writing in, and over to Wayilant. “Oh, it’s you.” He states as if he had simply missed the fact do to being preoccupied. “I didn’t know you were part of a group.” He says in a somewhat surprised tone.

Yes, his name is Alfred, and you know he is absent minded and a bit feeble. You feel he is likely to believe anything you tell him.

Bryndís Raelyosradinsdóttir wrote:

"Yes yes. We are an adventuring group. We have long known each other. Friends from when we were all children. We are always together still."

Bluff (17)

The old man looks over at Bryndis and nods after she makes her declaration. Moments later, he writes something down in his small book.

Ionatan Deverin wrote:

As the bouncer verifies their eligibility, the Chelaxian ego goes on full display. "Your ignorance is forgiven. You will learn better than to question our status in the future."

Bluff (11)

After he moves on, Ionatan leans in to discuss with the others. "They'll want a name soon enough. Something like Call of Cayden? "

Some things are simply transparent. )

Finally, he glances towards Ionatan. “My apologies Lord Deverin. I had no idea you intended to participate in tonight’s activity. Should I alert your uncle and arrange for additional security My Lord?

Talienda Blackhorn wrote:

As her eyes look back to the old man, she nods.

Bluff (7)

While nodding, Talienda realizes the old guy simply missed her acknowledgment and seems to be satisfied with the group's response as a whole.

I’m going to allow enough time for everyone to transition over, before moving things forward. Feel free to (RP) as you see like.


F NG Human (Taldan) Bard 2/Sorcerer 2 | HP: 26/26 Temp: 0 NL: 0 | AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +6 (+10 v. Bardic Perf.) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (Darkvision 120 ft.), SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7, Bardic Performance: 9/9 | Spells: Bard: 1st: 3/3, Sorc: 1st: 5/5 | Active conditions: None Echo F NG Cat (Qadirian Longhair) | HP: 13/13 NL: 0 | AC: 15, T: 14, FF: 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 8 (12 v. trip)| F: +1, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (Low-Light Vision, Scent)

After the old man, Alfred, that is his name, toddles off, Talienda sighs and buries her face into an armful of now purring cat.

"If we are supposedly childhood friends, should we get to know one another, perhaps," she asks, blue eyes peeking over the veritable mountain of long, fluffy fur. "I have seen the two of you around," she says as she sits up a little straighter and gestures to Ionatan and Wayilant, "but I haven't the pleasure of having your introductions."


Male
Skills:
Percep +10|Diplo +12 (Charming +14)|Heal +12|Kn. Rel +8|Kn. His +6|SM +8|Prof (bartender) +10|Spell +6
Aasimar|HP 30/30|F +6 R +2 W +7 Resist acid, cold and electricity 5|AC 16 (FF 15, T 11)|Init +1| Cleric/4th|Channel Energy (Su) 2d6 6/6x/day (Will DC 15)|Agile Feet (Su) 6/6Rounds/day|Dazing Touch (Sp) 6/6Rounds/day

Making sure Mr. Alfred was out of earshot, the human(?) nods toward the young woman.
"Of course. My name is Wayilant Arden, humble cleric of Cayden Cailean, and I work here at The Rusty Flagon most days behind the bar." Wayilant looks around, making sure no one easedropping. "And thanks for pitching in with Mr. Alfred. I think we did it!" The cleric said with a broad winning smile.


M Chelaxian Aasimar Swashbuckler 1 | HP 11/11 | AC17, T14, F13, CMD15 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electric 5 | F+1, R+6, W+1 | Init +4 | Perc+1 (darkvision 60'), SM+6+ | Speed 30' | Glitterdust | Panache 4/5
GM Nightfiend wrote:
Finally, he glances towards Ionatan. “My apologies Lord Deverin. I had no idea you intended to participate in tonight’s activity. Should I alert your uncle and arrange for additional security My Lord?

The insulted, crestfallen look that washes across the Aasimar's face stays JUST long enough for Alfred to see it before being replaced with that winning smile once again. "Now, Alfred. We both know that sending for extra security will just mean I get drug away. My night gets really boring, and Wayilant and our friends here are left out in the cold. NOBODY likes boring, and few enjoy simply watching! I think we're good to play this little game."

And none of THAT was a bluff!

----

Talienda Blackhorn wrote:

After the old man, Alfred, that is his name, toddles off, Talienda sighs and buries her face into an armful of now purring cat.

"If we are supposedly childhood friends, should we get to know one another, perhaps," she asks, blue eyes peeking over the veritable mountain of long, fluffy fur. "I have seen the two of you around," she says as she sits up a little straighter and gestures to Ionatan and Wayilant, "but I haven't the pleasure of having your introductions."

Wayilant Arden wrote:

Making sure Mr. Alfred was out of earshot, the human(?) nods toward the young woman.

"Of course. My name is Wayilant Arden, humble cleric of Cayden Cailean, and I work here at The Rusty Flagon most days behind the bar." Wayilant looks around, making sure no one easedropping. "And thanks for pitching in with Mr. Alfred. I think we did it!" The cleric said with a broad winning smile.

"And as Alfred tried to use as a weapon against me, AGAIN, I am Ionatan Deverin. Baa-baa-black sheep of the family and devotee of The Accidental God, of course! That's why I was suggesting a group name like the Call of Cayden. If it wasn't obvious." He taps the studs on his armor, each shaped like a mug. "But you didn't give us your name, miss Blue Eyes." His face is turned directly toward you, but the blank gold eyes make it hard to tell exactly where he might be looking.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male
Skills:
Percep +10|Diplo +12 (Charming +14)|Heal +12|Kn. Rel +8|Kn. His +6|SM +8|Prof (bartender) +10|Spell +6
Aasimar|HP 30/30|F +6 R +2 W +7 Resist acid, cold and electricity 5|AC 16 (FF 15, T 11)|Init +1| Cleric/4th|Channel Energy (Su) 2d6 6/6x/day (Will DC 15)|Agile Feet (Su) 6/6Rounds/day|Dazing Touch (Sp) 6/6Rounds/day

Wayilant lets out a low whistle of appreciation for Ionatan's custom armor.
Wow! That's Top Shelf caydenite armor! I wonder if it would fit me?


F NG Human (Taldan) Bard 2/Sorcerer 2 | HP: 26/26 Temp: 0 NL: 0 | AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +6 (+10 v. Bardic Perf.) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (Darkvision 120 ft.), SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7, Bardic Performance: 9/9 | Spells: Bard: 1st: 3/3, Sorc: 1st: 5/5 | Active conditions: None Echo F NG Cat (Qadirian Longhair) | HP: 13/13 NL: 0 | AC: 15, T: 14, FF: 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 8 (12 v. trip)| F: +1, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (Low-Light Vision, Scent)

That's a little unnerving.

Talienda sits back in her chair and buries her hands into her cat's fur up to her wrists. The cat gives a happy little "mrrrrrow" as it settles onto the table.

"Talienda. I follow Shelyn, The Eternal Rose, so naming us the Call of Cayden may not be the best idea," she says before glancing at Wayilant. "I just arrived a few days ago, so I should not be the one talking."

After a moment, she smiles.

"Anyway, it is a pleasure to meet both of you," she says before looking to Bryndis. "As for you, May I ask why you picked us, Miss..."


CG Gnome Investigator 1 | Temp: +1 hp 9/9 | AC 15 Touch 13 FF 13 | CMB -1 CMD 11 | Init +2; Perc +7 LLVision | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +2, +2 vs despair, fear, language-dependent glyphs/runes | Inspiration 3/4

Ceru is glad for the night off, if only because it means being able to mingle and discover all the different people who have come tonight for a chance to sign up with the Pathfinders. The Pathfinder Society! Surely she, with her natural draw toward all that is interesting (and possibly dangerous) might be able to see where fate is leading her now.

As she arrives she is largely observing, big details (the number of guests) and small (the interesting brooch on that woman's cloak), too busy trying to spot the most interesting thing in a sea of interesting things. Then she spots the man she recognizes as the bartender, Wayilant. She half smiles, glad she is not the only one who has perhaps been biding time--if also trying to be useful--by working here. She is already deciding to walk over to greet her co-worker when a tall female human--no, those are pointed ears way up there, but given the woman's build, she guesses at half-elf--waves her over in the same direction. She doesn't recognize the woman, but wondering why she is waving toward her only makes her more curious, and so she scuttles over.

The small gnome woman has been working as cook at the Flagon for only a few weeks at most, and is normally seen bustling in and out of the kitchen when not in it. She's traded her apron and headscarf (to keep hair out of the food) for a set of overalls and a thick, protective leather coat and boots. A belt with numerous pouches and a gnome-sized shortsword in a sheath is wrapped around her waist. An undercut poof of plum-colored hair tops her head, and she peers at the folks at the table with wide, inquisitive blue-green eyes. Accents on her clothing match her hair or eyes. Anyone close to her gets a whiff of various spices.

She greets Wayilant first, as she at least knows him from the Flagon. "Wayilant? It's me, Ceru! In case you don't recognize me not covered in flour." She climbs into a chair, and, standing upon it so she can see everyone, waves at Alfred as well. Her eyes volley back and forth as she tries to keep up with the ensuing conversation, and nods along when all attempt to confirm they are an adventuring group. A little white lie cannot hurt in the name of adventure, can it?

She struggles to keep up with all the banter but catches onto the suggestions for names. "Hmm, Cauldron of Courage? Fortune's Favor? New Horizons? Blueberry Pancakes?"


Male
Skills:
Percep +10|Diplo +12 (Charming +14)|Heal +12|Kn. Rel +8|Kn. His +6|SM +8|Prof (bartender) +10|Spell +6
Aasimar|HP 30/30|F +6 R +2 W +7 Resist acid, cold and electricity 5|AC 16 (FF 15, T 11)|Init +1| Cleric/4th|Channel Energy (Su) 2d6 6/6x/day (Will DC 15)|Agile Feet (Su) 6/6Rounds/day|Dazing Touch (Sp) 6/6Rounds/day
Ceru wrote:
She greets Wayilant first, as she at least knows him from the Flagon. "Wayilant, isn't it? It's me, Ceru! In case you don't recognize me not covered in flour." She climbs into a chair, and, standing upon it so she can see everyone, waves at Alfred as well. Her eyes volley back and forth as she tries to keep up with the ensuing conversation, and nods along when all attempt to confirm they are an adventuring group. A little white lie cannot hurt in the name of adventure, can it?

Wayilant blinked. "Wow, Ceru. I guess we BOTH look different outside of work. Nice! Glad you're here."


Maps

As the night progresses, a young girl stops by with a small bowl containing some milk in it. She sets the bowl on the table and then slides it over to Talienda. After the kind gesture, she waves to Ceru and Wayilant, pulls out a couple sealed envelopes, and then quickly moves back into the crowed.

Those of you who work at the Rusty Flagon know the girl as Kimberly. She is an assistant to Sheila Heidmarch, a long and notable representative of the Pathfinder’s Society in Magnimar. From what you have seen, Sheila is the main person organizing the event and overseeing the Rusty Flagon's conversion. In addition, Ionatan would be aware that the Rusty Flagon does a moderate amount business with the Fancy Reefclaw.


F NG Human (Taldan) Bard 2/Sorcerer 2 | HP: 26/26 Temp: 0 NL: 0 | AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +6 (+10 v. Bardic Perf.) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (Darkvision 120 ft.), SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7, Bardic Performance: 9/9 | Spells: Bard: 1st: 3/3, Sorc: 1st: 5/5 | Active conditions: None Echo F NG Cat (Qadirian Longhair) | HP: 13/13 NL: 0 | AC: 15, T: 14, FF: 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 8 (12 v. trip)| F: +1, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (Low-Light Vision, Scent)

Talienda giggles at Ceru's suggestions for a name.

"Heheheh, I-I actually like that last one. Who doesn't like blueberry pancakes," she says, her laughter bubbling under her words. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Ceru." She grins at the gnome, hoping that they will get along. "I suppose you're the cook who's been feeding Alina and me these past few days."


Male Human Bard (dervish dancer) 1 | HP 11/10| AC 16, T14, FF12 | F +2, R +6,W +2| Perc +4| Init +4| CMB +2, CMD16 | Battle Dance 5/6 | Active Conditions:

The young varisian watched, with a small degree of trepidation, as the gathered adventurers broke off into groups and filled the tables. He turned a discerning eye toward those few who remained, Was that a nod? He convinced himself it was and with the grace of a dancer he took a seat at the last table.

Remarkably, the bard manages to hold his tongue during the exchange with Alfred.

He leans in conspiratorially and listened to the proposed names holding his judgment. Finally he introduced himself with a slight bow, ”Greetings, Dario Zaizarko, at your service.” He stroked his mustache for a few moments and diplomatically suggested, ”Dario recommends Band of the Rusty Table.” He shrugged, ”Since that is where we have met and started our journey.”


M Chelaxian Aasimar Swashbuckler 1 | HP 11/11 | AC17, T14, F13, CMD15 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electric 5 | F+1, R+6, W+1 | Init +4 | Perc+1 (darkvision 60'), SM+6+ | Speed 30' | Glitterdust | Panache 4/5

"I still think it is chance that has brought us together. As this table is in a temple to The Drunken God, though, maybe more 'Empty Mugs' or 'Table Rings'." A sparkle dances across his face, hard to see in his blank eyes, but easy enough to recognize regardless. "Or the Rusty Mugs?" He shrugs as he backs off from the series of quick ideas. "It only matters that we have one, really." He look back to Talienda. "Tal, here, needs to recognize that Shelyn and Cayden are allies. Among other things, they both enjoy a good song or epic. And chances, like we have here tonight, really are more his thing than hers.
Fortune's Favor wasn't too far off, really.
"

--- (break since I don't think the below will follow immediately)

After a few moments of thought, he looks at the group again. "But what do we bring to the table? I have my blade and wit, Way has the blessings we'll all need sooner or later. I'm guessing the larger woman is a warrior of some sort. What about the rest?"


Maps

Glad to see we now have everyone accounted for.

The sound of the repetitive rain, mixing with the fluctuating volume of the crowed, creates an influx of background noise that becomes surprisingly comfortable. The smell of baked fish and slow cooked chicken reminds you that the morning whisked by without haven taking the time to eat. You can only suspect, by the reaction of the other tables, that the book being passed around contains something to do with the anticipated quests.

Before long, one of the servers, a young blond-haired lass named Katrina, meanders over to your table and offers to take your order.
“Good after noon. I’m Katrina, and I’ll be your server for the night. Is anyone ready to order?”
She asks while pointing to a thick parchment located at the center of the table. The page depicts a list of meats that come with a variety of different vegetables. Chicken (1 gp) and fish (1 gp) are on the top of the list. Followed by pork (2 gp) and lamb (2 gp). Beverages include house ail (4 sp), Dwarven grog (6 sp), rose wine (1 gp), top-shelf (5 gp), rotgut (2 gp) rum (1gp) and honey mead (1 gp). As the waitress waits for a response, her attention quickly turns to a woman carrying the old-looking book that the other tables had been looking through. “It looks like your table is next up for the ledger. I’ll give you a little more time to look over the menu. I’ll come back, when Sheila is done, to take your order.” After excusing herself, the waitress walks over to the bar, collects up a number of drinks, and then disappears into the crowd.

Meanwhile, the woman holding the ledger walks over to your table. “Good after noon agents, oops, I mean adventures.” She giggles while pretending the slip was an accident, when clearly it wasn’t. “I’m Sheila Heidmarch. I haven’t seen your group around Magnimar before. Am I correct in assuming you are new to the area?’ She asks in a very respectful tone. It quickly becomes apparent that this woman presents herself with a high level of dignity. “Well, new or not, welcome to the Rust Flagon Inn. I hope you are enjoying yourselves while waiting for the ledger. Anyway, I’ve received a large number of requests for the service of mercenary-adventurers. With the crusade ending, and another rumored to begin soon, the availability of adventures is at an all-time low. This has created a big demand for individuals like yourselves. Here in my ledger, I have listed a number of requests from all over Golarion. These requests generally pay for passage and accommodation during the contract. Well, most of the time anyway. Times sure have changed from the old days, right?” She asks in a way that indicates she really didn’t expect an answer. “Some missions have already been claimed, but there is still more than enough to around.” After taking a glance around the room, she continues. “Today really brings me back to my adventuring days.” She states just before taking a deep breath. “Anyhow, The Society’s stake in this is paid for by the requesting patron, which means, the only thing we ask of you is to consider our society if you decide to join an organization.” After concluding her last statement, she smiles, winks, and then lays the book down on the table. Moments after, she slides it to the first person on her right. “Please, let me know when you are finished.” Once the ledger is firmly in your possession, she steps back and waits patiently.

The old leather-bound book is riddled with small tears and darkened splotches that appear to be an accurate testament of its age. The pages, dried from animal hide and cut meticulously to fit its bindings, have been carefully stitched and show no sign of its crafters work. The raised freeform lettering, that lines its pages, creates vertical columns depicting a series of independent requests.

The Ledger:
While looking through the ledger you see a number of notable crests. Some you’ve seen before, others you don’t recognize. Many of the more financially rewarding requests have already been claimed, indicated by a signature in the corresponding box. You estimate at least fifty requests, ranging from escorts to deep investigations, have already been claimed by other groups. Although many of those jobs offered a larger payday, after reading a bit deeper, you realize they also require a lot more risk. While thumbing through the remaining requests, you make note of the following.

“More Room for the Dead:” On the sixth page, sixth entry: A request to investigate an old ossuary is unclaimed. The request indicates that the burial place has been unexplored for a very long time and the contractors are wanting the location explored and cleared out for future use. The request comes out of Kaer Maga, which is just north of Korvosa in Varisia. The contract pays for travel plus accommodations for seven days at an establishment of the group’s choice. The contract also offers a 2,000 gp payment upon completion. The contract is sponsored by the Church of Pharasma. The point of contact is Valanthe Nerissia.

“Lost Minim Wage Guy:” On the seventh page, second entry: The curator of the Quarterfaux Archive’s Museum, which is a subdivision of the archive, is requesting help locating a missing assistant. The contract offers round trip accommodations aboard a merchant vessel to Caliphas and four paid nights at a location of group’s choice. The contract offers 1,000 gp on completion, with another 1,000 gp if the assistant is returned. The contract is sponsored by the Quarterfaux Archive. The listed contact is the museum’s curator Cynthia Nail.

“Muscle on Deck:” On the seventh page, fifth entry: A merchant is seeking an armed escort for a sailing vessel leaving Magnimar and heading for the coastal city of Sandpoint. The request states that the trip will be a round trip, taking approximately five days. The contract offers food and lodging aboard the ship. The contract also offers 500 gp as the base payment with a 100 gp bonus for each day of foul weather or combat. The contract is privately sponsored. The listed contact is Captain Boldren Hathaway.

“It Was Mine First:” On the second page, second entry: A request to recover a stolen heirloom from a secure location remains unclaimed. The contract requires an unpaid trip to the city of Caliphas, which is located in Ustalav. Once there, five days of food and lodging will be paid at a location of the group’s choice. The contract offers 2,000 gp upon completion and is privately sponsored by an independent agent. The listed contact is Sascha Antif-Arah.

“What Happened:” On the third page, fourth entry: An adventuring group recently went missing while investigating a newly uncovered dungeon. The group included a brother and sister pair that where connected to a prominent family in Sandpoint. The family’s head now offers full looting rights of the dungeon and a 2,000 gp reward to find out what happened to the two children and their group. The contract offers comfortable passage to Sandpoint and free room and board at a location of the groups choosing. The contract is sponsored by House Deverin. The listed contact is Sandpoint’s Mayor Kendra Deverin.

“Stand Your Ground:” On the second page, forth entry: A request for centuries to man one of Magnimar’s boarder garrisons remains open. The contract is for eleven days, which includes a four-day round trip to the garrison and back. The payment is per individual and is set at 50 gp a day. The sponsor for the contract is Magnimar’s city Council, which bears the city’s primary crest. The listed contact is the city’s watch commander, Captain Acacia Uriana.

“House Cleaning:” On the first page, third entry: A request to explore and clear out an abandoned sea-side boarding house in Riddleport has not be claimed. The request provides for passage to Riddleport and accommodations at the Gold Goblin Gambling Hall for ten days. The contract offers 200 gp pr. applicant, up to a total of 1,200 gp. The sponsor for the contract is marked as independent. The listed contact is Boss Croat.

“No More Squatters:” On the sixth page, first entry: A request to investigate and eliminate suspected cult activity north of Caliphas, in Ustalav, stands out as one of the higher paying contracts. The contract provides comfortable round trip travel and accommodations at the Vodavani Lodge for the group’s entire stay. The contract offers 2,000 gp upon conformation of the cult and another 6,000 gp if they are eliminated. The sponsor for the contract is the Royal House of Ordranti. The listed contact is Lord Leopold the III.

“Another Missing Guy:” On the third page, second entry: A request to find and return a missing local person remains open. The request offers a 400 gp per adventurer with an additional 400 gp per adventurer bonus if the person is recovered. The contract provides lodging, food, and drinks at the Rusty Flagon Inn for the duration of the contract. The request is sponsored by the Pathfinder Society and bears their crest. The listed Contact is Sheila Heidmarch.

“We Lost an Entire Fort:” On the fifth page, fourth entry: A request to investigate a colony’s perimeter fort remains open. The colony is relatively new and resides just south of Eleder in Sargava. They reported that they have lost contact with the forts and require someone to investigate the situation and reestablish contact. The contract pays for accommodations aboard a well-armed vessel. It also offers free room and board within the colony for the duration of the contract. The contract offers 1000 gp upon making contact with the fort, with another 1000 gp bonus if contact is reestablished with the colony. The contract is sponsored by Count Narsus. The listed contact is Adaela Praet.

“Where Did That Come From:” On the first page, fifth entry: A request to investigate a newly discovered, relatively old, tower is available. The request indicates a tower, which is in heavy disrepair, has been discovered with a lot questions about its history. The sponsor indicates that their only interest is the towers origin and any items of historic value. Because of that, any non-historic items recovered are considered loot for the accepting group. The request comes out of the Isle of Kortos’s main city port, Absalom. The contract provides for round trip passage and seven days of accommodations at their pathfinder lodge. The contract Offers 200 gp per adventurer and a full stake in any non-historical items found within the tower. The contract is sponsored by the pathfinder society. The point of contact is the Blakros Museum’s curator Nigel Aldain.


Female Half-Elf Bloodrager 4| HP 40/40 | AC 16 (T 12, F 14) | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F +6, R +3, W +3 (+2 vs Charm and Compulsion) (All +1 vs Arcane Spells) | Init +3 | Perc +9 | Speed 40 | Rage 12/12

As the old man walks away Bryndís smiles broadly with satisfied victory, showing lots of very white teeth. She settles comfortably and the grin dwindles to smile as the chatter starts among the other at the table. She say nothing herself as she listens.

Yes, good. My people are getting to know each other. They will bond. I chose well."

Even sitting Bryndís's height is obvious, but her girth isn't quite enough to be proportionate to it for a human. But, her ears clearly show she isn't a human. Overall Bryndís's appearance is easily identified as Ulfen by anyone who has ever met one of the northerners before, but there are a few differences in the details. Her pale skin lacks ruddiness. Her hair is very light, somewhere between light wheat and platinum. Her eyes are almost gray rather the usual darker blue.

Bryndís is an impressive sight, almost regal, except her clothing and possessions give her away. They are well used and of only poor to average quality.

It's not until the young girl Talienda asks her directly that Bryndís introduces herself in heavily accented Taldane.

"I am Bryndís, called the Magpie. I chose you because this is only for groups, look and you will see this."

She sweeps her arms widely, referring to the other tables around.

"So we are now a group and can stay to get jobs and make money. Why you and not them?"

Again she waves a hand about, indicating everyone else.

"Well, you work here already" she says pointing at Wayilant. "You know who matters, and can talk quiet into their ear so we get the best paying jobs."

"The rest of you? I like how you look. You give me a good feeling."

Bryndís waves a hand airily as if further details are of no consequence.

"We are going to make a lot of money, enough to be rich! Even better, these are Pathfinders. I have heard of them. We will also be famous in the books they write."

Bryndís grins her broad white grin again and says no more, as if everything that matters at the moment has been well covered.


Female Half-Elf Bloodrager 4| HP 40/40 | AC 16 (T 12, F 14) | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F +6, R +3, W +3 (+2 vs Charm and Compulsion) (All +1 vs Arcane Spells) | Init +3 | Perc +9 | Speed 40 | Rage 12/12

Bryndís immediately begins looking through the entries in the book.

"Hm, this one pays the most." she points to the sixth entry on the first page. "But it is very far. I have guarded caravans and I know. If we spend so much time going there and back, it would be a long time before we get another job." No More Squatters

"Ah! This is good. It is less money but Sandpoint is not far. We do it for less and come right back for another job. We make more money that way. Two jobs in the time of one other." What Happened


Male Human Bard (dervish dancer) 1 | HP 11/10| AC 16, T14, FF12 | F +2, R +6,W +2| Perc +4| Init +4| CMB +2, CMD16 | Battle Dance 5/6 | Active Conditions:

Dario thinks your stunning blue eyes missed this one on the third page … there the second entry… about the missing person ,” the bard said while he pointed over Bryndís‘ shoulder. He unconsciously stroked his thick mustache as he added, ”It is right here in Magnimar and pays up to 4,800gp. We could finished this task and still be done before the other parties return and fulfill another quest or two. But Dario Zaizarko will go whenever the company goes.”


Male
Skills:
Percep +10|Diplo +12 (Charming +14)|Heal +12|Kn. Rel +8|Kn. His +6|SM +8|Prof (bartender) +10|Spell +6
Aasimar|HP 30/30|F +6 R +2 W +7 Resist acid, cold and electricity 5|AC 16 (FF 15, T 11)|Init +1| Cleric/4th|Channel Energy (Su) 2d6 6/6x/day (Will DC 15)|Agile Feet (Su) 6/6Rounds/day|Dazing Touch (Sp) 6/6Rounds/day
GM Nightfiend wrote:

Before long, one of the servers, a young blond-haired lass named Katrina, meanders over to your table and offers to take your order.

“Good after noon. I’m Katrina, and I’ll be your server for the night. Is anyone ready to order? It looks like your table is next up for the ledger. I’ll give you a little more time to look over the menu. I’ll come back, when Sheila is done, to take your order.” After excusing herself, the waitress walks over to the bar, collects up a number of drinks, and then disappears into the crowd.

Waylioant smiles up at the waitress. "Hey, Kat! How the night so far?" As the woman with the ledger approaches, the cleric waves farewell to Katrina as she checks on other tables. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

GM Nightfiend wrote:
The woman holding the ledger walks over to your table. “Good after noon agents, oops, I mean adventures.” She giggles while pretending the slip was an accident, when clearly it wasn’t. “I’m Sheila Heidmarch. I haven’t seen your group around Magnimar before. Am I correct in assuming you are new to the area?’ She asks in a very respectful tone. It quickly becomes apparent that this woman presents herself with a high level of dignity.

"No, Lady Heidmarch. Our group is new to the area", Wayilant bowed in his chair at the Pathfinder. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 BLAM!!

The cleric examines the listings with the rest of the table, and something catches the aasimar's eye.
"The fourth entry, on the third page. I recognize that name. I'm certain Ionatan does as well." Turning to the swashbuckler, Wayliant asks, "The two missing Deverins. Cousins of yours? Can you add any information about these missing Deverins you might have heard of?"

Looking around the table, Wayilant addresses the group. "Due to the personal nature of the missing Deverins, I vote we take that job first."


CG Gnome Investigator 1 | Temp: +1 hp 9/9 | AC 15 Touch 13 FF 13 | CMB -1 CMD 11 | Init +2; Perc +7 LLVision | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +2, +2 vs despair, fear, language-dependent glyphs/runes | Inspiration 3/4
Talienda Blackhorn wrote:

Talienda giggles at Ceru's suggestions for a name.

"Heheheh, I-I actually like that last one. Who doesn't like blueberry pancakes," she says, her laughter bubbling under her words. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Ceru." She grins at the gnome, hoping that they will get along. "I suppose you're the cook who's been feeding Alina and me these past few days."

Ceru nods vigorously. "That's me! You're the two spice cakes and a bowl of fish, right?"

She looks around. "Can-can I pet your cat?"

Ianto Deverin wrote:
After a few moments of thought, he looks at the group again. "But what do we bring to the table? I have my blade and wit, Way has the blessings we'll all need sooner or later. I'm guessing the larger woman is a warrior of some sort. What about the rest?"

"I am a cook, and an alchemist, and... I am a... a... an explorer! I want to learn things all about the world, and... well, I am good at getting into things to learn about them! I never learned magic the way my dad wanted me to, but I have learned to do oh so many things through alchemy, and I can also figure out the workings of the magic artifacts in my dad's lab that I wasn't supposed to be inside." She grins. "And somebody has to keep us fed anyway, you can't adventure on an empty stomach!"

--

As Sheila approaches and invites them to sign up for something, and more back and forth ensues.

"My dad always said I talked too much, but you all talk a lot, so I am wondering, is this normal? Have I been normal all along and didn't know it? Where do all of you come from anyway? I'm from Whistledown, several miles east along the river."

As the debate ensues over which adventure to sign up for, Ceru examines the ledger with clear excitement on her face. "Oh, they are all so interesting! I wish we could do them all! Some involve travel and that would be so wonderful... all the way to Ustalav! Or these sea voyages..."

Further suggestions are made, and Wayilant brings up the Sandpoint adventure. "Wayilant has a point... and if those are missing children... those poor children! But..."

She pauses, considering her words. "On the other hand, I do so very much want to see all of these places, and help all of these people. But... as Dario points out, there is also a missing person right here in Magnimar, and the person we report to is Sheila herself. My uncle Bozzleboff always said, 'A road trip is the fastest way to destroy a friendship.' Which is to say, when people travel together, sometimes what we learn first is all the things that annoy one another. Because we have only been brought together by chance--as much as I am intrigued by where fate may be guiding us--I wonder if we should take this one first. It will probably be quite quick to do and gives us a chance to learn about each other and work together. And if it works out and we make a fine team, then it seems there will be plenty of opportunities to explore the world and make a name for ourselves!"

She pauses and adds, "Or, I would not object to the Sandpoint job, if Ianto wishes it. If it is his family, I think his say matters most on that."


M Chelaxian Aasimar Swashbuckler 1 | HP 11/11 | AC17, T14, F13, CMD15 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electric 5 | F+1, R+6, W+1 | Init +4 | Perc+1 (darkvision 60'), SM+6+ | Speed 30' | Glitterdust | Panache 4/5

The young man sighs, losing that smile through the first part of his response. "Yes, they are cousins. I've not had much contact with the Sandpoint branch of the family, though. Would be better if it was from here in town so I could force my uncle to pay me for solving one of HIS problems." Yes, the smile popped back into existence with that thought. "But how can anyone with a heart turn down rescuing lost children? Well, youth. Probably near our own ages. I also think the one called 'Another Missing Guy' is worth considering, because it is close at hand, and will allow us to work to better ingratiate ourselves with the woman passing out assignments. And I just like the sound of 'Where Did That Come From.' Potential for very little direct cash reward from it, though."

He looks thoughtful for a moment, before shrugging and nodding. "Yes, you should always work to keep things close to home as tidy as possible. Which pretty well reduces the options to 'What Happened' and 'Another Missing Guy,' and going to save the cousins has additional advantages . . .. Let's take 'What happened.'" He points at Cerulean. "Sign the book for us, please. Oh, and call me 'Io' or 'Nat' or such, but please don't butcher it to something like 'Ianto.'"


Maps

Once it becomes apparent that you have narrowed down your selection, Sheila steps back over to the table and sets a quill and inkwell down next to the book. “Once you have selected a quest, please sign the name of your group in the box next to the request.”


Male
Skills:
Percep +10|Diplo +12 (Charming +14)|Heal +12|Kn. Rel +8|Kn. His +6|SM +8|Prof (bartender) +10|Spell +6
Aasimar|HP 30/30|F +6 R +2 W +7 Resist acid, cold and electricity 5|AC 16 (FF 15, T 11)|Init +1| Cleric/4th|Channel Energy (Su) 2d6 6/6x/day (Will DC 15)|Agile Feet (Su) 6/6Rounds/day|Dazing Touch (Sp) 6/6Rounds/day

"With deference to Cenu's Shelyn worship, the simple fact that we all met and formed inside a Caydenite tavern, and have two devote caydenites as members should not be overlooked. The themes of Fortune and Fate have been thrown around as well, all under the glaze of Desna, in deference to our new varisian friend", Wayilant tips his hand toward Dario, "perhaps we should combine those three aspect into a name. That way we can have three different gods as divine patrons. Shelyn, Desna, and Cayden."

At this point, Wayilant looks up to the ceiling and rattles off some 'inspired' names.
"The Divine Three-Way. The Beautiful Tankards of Fortune. Last Call. Bottoms Up. Wayilant and his Amazing Friends. Tankards Held High.."
The cleric blinks. "Cayden and Desna have places in Elysium. Why not The Elysuim-Nirvana Envoys. That was we can call ourself ENE for short?!"

The aasimar looks around the table to stunned expressions. "Well, I didn't say they were all winners."


F NG Human (Taldan) Bard 2/Sorcerer 2 | HP: 26/26 Temp: 0 NL: 0 | AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +6 (+10 v. Bardic Perf.) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (Darkvision 120 ft.), SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7, Bardic Performance: 9/9 | Spells: Bard: 1st: 3/3, Sorc: 1st: 5/5 | Active conditions: None Echo F NG Cat (Qadirian Longhair) | HP: 13/13 NL: 0 | AC: 15, T: 14, FF: 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 8 (12 v. trip)| F: +1, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (Low-Light Vision, Scent)

When Ceru asks if she can pet Echo, the cat uncurls herself and saunters over to the gnome. At four feet from nose to tip of the tail, she's a big cat with her fur making her seem even larger. The cream and gray feline looks into Ceru's for a moment before licking the tip of her nose and nearly smothering her as she curls up in the gnome's lap for some petting.

"Well, I think Echo has made her position on being petted perfectly clear," Talienda says with a grin. "She loved the fish, by the way."

As Ionatan explains his reasoning, Talienda blushes and shrinks into her chair. Her hands twitch, missing Echo's soft fur at the moment.

"I-I-I was just thinking about-- n-nothing important, I guess." She looks down at her hands before glancing over at Echo enjoying herself in Ceru's lap.

Enjoy it while you can, Echo. I'm bound to get us kicked out sooner or later.

Thankfully, Katrina and Shelia arrive to distract everyone from the flustered sorceress.

---

"What about Fortune's Flower," Talienda asks when Wayilant returns to the topic of names after their quest was decided.


Female Half-Elf Bloodrager 4| HP 40/40 | AC 16 (T 12, F 14) | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F +6, R +3, W +3 (+2 vs Charm and Compulsion) (All +1 vs Arcane Spells) | Init +3 | Perc +9 | Speed 40 | Rage 12/12

When Dario points out a job right in Maginimar that she had missed, Bryndís nods eagerly while reaching up to take hold of his arm over her shoulder to give it a gentle squeeze and caress. She also notes approvingly that he has noticed her stunning blue eyes, because they are stunning.

"Yes yes! You are more than a pretty face, clever too. Good!"

She doesn't weigh in further on choosing a particular first job now that her preferences are known. More than one will satisfy her plan to start by working multiple jobs in the region in quick succession. Since it seems there may be some personal feeling about what should come first, Bryndís will only step in if the others deadlock on a choice.

Likewise Bryndís submits no name ideas of her own. She doesn't really care, except for slapping the table and laughing aloud at 'The Divine Three-Way'.

"HAHA! I get it, that is very funny!"

"I am not so good with words like the rest of you. You are the clever ones so you decide."


F NG Human (Taldan) Bard 2/Sorcerer 2 | HP: 26/26 Temp: 0 NL: 0 | AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +6 (+10 v. Bardic Perf.) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (Darkvision 120 ft.), SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7, Bardic Performance: 9/9 | Spells: Bard: 1st: 3/3, Sorc: 1st: 5/5 | Active conditions: None Echo F NG Cat (Qadirian Longhair) | HP: 13/13 NL: 0 | AC: 15, T: 14, FF: 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 8 (12 v. trip)| F: +1, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (Low-Light Vision, Scent)

When Bryndis starts laughing at "The Divine Three-Way," Talienda looks up and innocently asks, "Why is it funny? I don't get it."


Female Half-Elf Bloodrager 4| HP 40/40 | AC 16 (T 12, F 14) | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F +6, R +3, W +3 (+2 vs Charm and Compulsion) (All +1 vs Arcane Spells) | Init +3 | Perc +9 | Speed 40 | Rage 12/12

When her laugh is done, Bryndís explains why it's funny to Talienda. She doesn't seem to register Talienda's young age at all.

"Because it means two things at the same time. It means three gods, like Wayilant said, but it means three people all having sex together too."

There are of course a couple more complex permutations of the joke possible by taking the word "divine" into account as well, but Bryndís lacks the command of Taldane vocabulary needed to really wring the last drops of humor out of the phrase. In any case, she is easily amused and one is enough for her.


CG Gnome Investigator 1 | Temp: +1 hp 9/9 | AC 15 Touch 13 FF 13 | CMB -1 CMD 11 | Init +2; Perc +7 LLVision | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +2, +2 vs despair, fear, language-dependent glyphs/runes | Inspiration 3/4

"Oh, Io! I am so sorry to abuse your name, I remember seeing it on the guest list and should not have assumed!" Ceru flushes quite pink, clearly feeling she has committed quite the faux pas. "I hope you can forgive me. In case any missed, I am Ceru, sometimes called Cloakchaser, but definitely not something longer and more unnecessarily complicated than that."

Then the cat climbs onto her seat, and she giggles with glee, and as the giant floof seems to nearly be half Ceru's size, she seems to halfway disappear as she gives the attention demanded.

She looks at Tali. "Oh! Fortune's Flower! That is pretty! I do like that!"

As the Divine Three Way becomes the subject of interest, she explains to Tali very matter of factly, "It's something to do with weird human sexual habits. I expect perhaps you're young enough to not have learned much about it yet. I mean I don't know much about it but I heard the humans talk about all kinds of things on the caravan I took to get here. Anyway..." She frowns. "I don't know why we'd want to be called that, we're not pleasure workers and there are more than three of us. She scratches her chin, clearly not getting it on an entirely different level.

The gnome nods toward the priest-bartender. "With respect, Wayilant, I understand the desire to spread your faith and acknowledge the sacred nature of the place we drink and eat tonight. At the same time, if we are to work together, I think it's not fair to place one's faith higher than another's in terms of identifying who we are as a group. Names are important. If you name the group for Cayden, then it places those who prioritize worshipping Cayden as most important. Can't we have something... well, more equal to all of us? That's why I was thinking something with Fortune... it can nod to Cayden's luck if you like but also that fate has brought us together, which is the zone of other deities as well and beyond. Or, there are six of us, well, six humanoids." She pauses to scritch the kitty on that spot just under the chin. "The Fated Six. The Six Heroes. The Six. Lucky Six. Heroic Hex. Table for Six... Wait, are we including Alina? Lucky Seven..." She trails off, brainstorming whatever comes to mind.


Male
Skills:
Percep +10|Diplo +12 (Charming +14)|Heal +12|Kn. Rel +8|Kn. His +6|SM +8|Prof (bartender) +10|Spell +6
Aasimar|HP 30/30|F +6 R +2 W +7 Resist acid, cold and electricity 5|AC 16 (FF 15, T 11)|Init +1| Cleric/4th|Channel Energy (Su) 2d6 6/6x/day (Will DC 15)|Agile Feet (Su) 6/6Rounds/day|Dazing Touch (Sp) 6/6Rounds/day

Wayilant takes the quill offered by Lady Sheila, and writes in Taldane "Flagon Slayers".


Male Human Bard (dervish dancer) 1 | HP 11/10| AC 16, T14, FF12 | F +2, R +6,W +2| Perc +4| Init +4| CMB +2, CMD16 | Battle Dance 5/6 | Active Conditions:

”It looks like it is settled then,” the bard announced as he watched Wayilant scribble in the book. He can just make out the words and raised his mug to toast, To the Flagon Slayers!” Dario proceeded to drain the contents of his mug in one long swig.


Male
Skills:
Percep +10|Diplo +12 (Charming +14)|Heal +12|Kn. Rel +8|Kn. His +6|SM +8|Prof (bartender) +10|Spell +6
Aasimar|HP 30/30|F +6 R +2 W +7 Resist acid, cold and electricity 5|AC 16 (FF 15, T 11)|Init +1| Cleric/4th|Channel Energy (Su) 2d6 6/6x/day (Will DC 15)|Agile Feet (Su) 6/6Rounds/day|Dazing Touch (Sp) 6/6Rounds/day

Wayilant attempts to wave down Katrina so they can order. "Well, Flagon Slayers, I recommend the fish. It's always fresh and caught that day. Excellent with lemon."


Maps

As expected, the roleplay does not disappoint. Quite enjoyable to read through. So, just to clarify, you signed “The Flagon Slayers” next to “What happened?”

GM Rolls:

Perception
Wayilant Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Talienda Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Ceru Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Dario Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Ionatan Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Bryndis Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Sense Motive
Ceru Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Bryndis Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Ceru & Bryndis:
You two spot an older looking seaman working his way around the tables a little more than normal. Based on your account, he has passed by your table at least five times. He is currently sitting at the bar and talking with a guy who looks like a ship’s hand.

Ceru:
After observing the guy a bit more, you sense he is paying extra close attention during the signing part of the process. Apparently, he is interested in who accepts what mission.

As Sheila observes the group negotiate over the group's name, the expression on her face turns into a large smile as she has clearly made out the fact that your group is a bit fresh. Her posture seems a bit more accepting than you expected, as she continues on with the process without mentioning the observation.

After you sign, Sheila carefully shuts the book and then puts it under her arm. “I’m glad you found something to your liking. My assistant will be her shortly. She will fill you in on the details and make any necessary arrangements for you. Again, thank you for joining us on this momentous day. I wish you all safe travels and grand rewards.’ After wishing you well, she walks over to a different table and begins a new introduction.

The young girl from earlier, eventually works her way through the crowed and then over to your table. “Hi.” she says in a very anticlimactic tone. “My name is Kimberly. I have some details about your mission that you will find useful. Now that you have officially accepted a quest, tonight’s food and beverages are going to be paid for by the society so eat, drink, and enjoy the night as much as you like.” She says while looking around the room like she is only half paying attention. “First, I have the voucher for your passage.” After laying a waxed sealed envelope on the table, she continues. “I also have a letter here containing a little bit more about your contact and some extra information about the quest itself. You will be traveling aboard the Monte Cristo, which is an old Barque, owned by Captain Johnathan Flannigan. The ship is three docks down, just outside of Martha’s bakery. He will be expecting you sometime early tomorrow morning. Give Captain Flannigan the voucher and you should be on your way.” After laying the letter on the table, next to the voucher, she glances at everyone. “Does anyone have any questions?”

While Kimberly begins to wrap things up, Katrina manages to catch Wayilant's beckon. In response, she holds up a finger indicating she will be over in a minute.

The Envelope:
The sealed envelope contains a voucher, dated today the 25th day of Abadius, for passage aboard the Monte Cristo to Sandpoint for a group of six. It is addressed to Captain Johnathan Flannigan. It also contains a letter of referral from the Pathfinder Society to Mayor Kendra Deverin.

The Letter:
The letter contains some of the basics on Sandpoint along with a bit of history about your contact Kendra Deverin and her request.

Sand Point: Resting in a natural cove along the cliff-lined Lost Coast region of Varisia, on the edge of the Varisian Gulf, Sandpoint is a small city that exemplifies the diverse people of the country. While only about thirty miles northeast of the city of Magnimar and technically under its rule, Sandpoint benefits from its isolated position in its ability to remain fairly independent. The most striking feature is the ruined beacon of the city that extends high above the cliffs of the coast, reflecting the ancient empire of Thassilon that existed here centuries before the present town was settled.

Kendra Deverin has served as Sandpoint's mayor since 4702 AR. Lawmaker, judge, and general peacemaker, she has proven to be both an adept diplomat and stern hand when need be, both skills honed during her youth in Magnimar. With a personal—some say sisterly—style of governing, most of Sandpoint's citizens hold deep respect for their fiery-haired mayor.

The quest: Kendra’s two oldest children came of age within the last year and decided to pursue a life of adventure. Together they formed a new adventuring group of likeminded youngsters who recently responded to a call for assistance from an archeological dig not two fare from Sandpoint itself. Apparently they uncovered some sort of old, underground dungeon. The archeologists, being more academic, decided to hire a group to scout and clear out the dungeon. Unfortunately, the group entered the dungeon over three weeks ago and never returned. The contract is to locate and find out what happened to the group, and more specifically the two Deverins.

Knowledge History (DC 13):
Though Sandpoint is a relatively new settlement, it has had its fair share of notable events in its short history. From the violent nature of its founding to the "late unpleasantness" of 4702 AR, to the goblin and giant attacks of 4707 AR, this quaint town is no stranger to the same (if not worse) terrors that plague larger, more dangerous cities.

Founding
Four powerful families from Magnimar had designs on settling the region where Sandpoint now stands, and rather than work against each other, they consolidated their efforts and formed the Sandpoint Mercantile League. These four families, the Kaijitsu (glassmakers and jewelers), the Valdemars (shipbuilders and carpenters), the Scarnettis (loggers and millers), and the Deverins (farmers and brewers), sailed north to claim their land after securing the rights from the Magnimar Charterhouse. Yet when they arrived, they found the place already settled by a particularly large tribe of Varisians, who held the region as a traditional place to spend the winter.

Unwilling to change course, the Sandpoint Mercantile League began a series of talks with the Varisians, promising them an important place in the new township. Unfortunately, after a week of talks seemed to go nowhere, an impatient man named Alamon Scarnetti took matters into his own hands. Rounding up a group of his brothers and cousins, the Scarnettis mounted a murderous raid on the Varisian camp, intending to kill them all and leave evidence implicating local goblins for the deed. Yet the Scarnettis, too drunk and overconfident, only managed to kill five Varisians before they were themselves forced to flee, leaving behind three of their own. The incident caused a several-month delay, but eventually amends were made and the town of Sandpoint was born.

The Late Unpleasantness
The most notable events in the short history of Sandpoint occurred in the winter of 4702, and are referred to locally as "the late unpleasantness." The people of Sandpoint would prefer to put the unsavory disasters behind them, but five years is not long enough to fully forget these events. Within the course of only a few years, a string of murders by a ruthless killer known as "Chopper" and a great fire which destroyed the iconic chapel and many of the surrounding buildings ravaged the town both physically and emotionally. A grand cathedral has since been built and the people of Sandpoint are finally optimistic about their future.

Knowledge Local (DC 12):

Inhabitants
The inhabitants of Sandpoint are primarily human, but like any civilized population center, a smattering of other races can be found throughout the area. The human population is fairly evenly divided between those of both Varisian and Chelaxian descent, and the number of Shoanti making the town their home has increased steadily over the years. Notable personages of the town include Mayor Kendra Deverin, Sheriff Belor Hemlock,Deputy Galthanas Silverthorne and the heads of the other three noble families, Ameiko Kaijitsu, Titus Scarnetti and Ethram Valdemar. Ultred of the North, a fierce fighter that spent his youth adventuring with the Company of the Bright Blade has settled down to live out the rest of his days training the town militia of Sandpoint.

Notable Locations
For a relatively small town, Sandpoint offers a wide variety of services and interesting locations. In addition to a local Cathedral, Garrison, and Town Hall, the community boasts over half a dozen inns and taverns, a local Theater, the Sandpoint Glassworks, and a fair selection of other businesses. A tower on the edge of town is home to the Elven wizard Galthanas Silverthorne who also serves as the towns deputy.


Male Human Bard (dervish dancer) 1 | HP 11/10| AC 16, T14, FF12 | F +2, R +6,W +2| Perc +4| Init +4| CMB +2, CMD16 | Battle Dance 5/6 | Active Conditions:

The bard has no questions for Kimberly and quick goes through the offered materials. He muttered to himself, Dario thinks these are not children.” A little louder he adds, ”From what I recall this Sandpoint should be interesting.”

K. local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Nice way to start a game


F NG Human (Taldan) Bard 2/Sorcerer 2 | HP: 26/26 Temp: 0 NL: 0 | AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +6 (+10 v. Bardic Perf.) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (Darkvision 120 ft.), SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7, Bardic Performance: 9/9 | Spells: Bard: 1st: 3/3, Sorc: 1st: 5/5 | Active conditions: None Echo F NG Cat (Qadirian Longhair) | HP: 13/13 NL: 0 | AC: 15, T: 14, FF: 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 8 (12 v. trip)| F: +1, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (Low-Light Vision, Scent)

As her question is answered, Talienda's face quickly progresses from pink to red before settling on a brilliant crimson that could have lit the room and chased away a chilly winter night with its heat. She buries her head in her hands and seems to be ready to prove the old saw about dying from embarrassment true.

"Alina's gonna kill me," she moans through her hands when Ceru's question about Talienda's maid and confidant reminds the flustered girl that she has not thought this through. How is she going to explain that she's going to Sandpoint?

---

Talienda listens to Shelia as best as she is able. Her fair skin shows her still red cheeks far too readily for her taste, but there is little Talienda can do about it. Thankfully, her blush recedes almost as rapidly as it came. By the time Kimberly comes by, she can barely feel the heat in her face.

Hearing they would be leaving tomorrow, and early in the morning to boot, Talienda wonders if the voucher would only cover the six of them.

"Hello, Miss Kimberly. I hope that I am not being too much of a bother for asking this," Talienda says, her nerves sharpening her Absolomian aristocratic accent, "but there is a seventh that will be accompanying us, will this cause a problem?"

Alina is going to give me an earful already. If she finds out I'm leaving her behind and going with six strangers, she might actually kill me.


Maps

The young girl glances over at Talienda "Emm, I'm not sure. Are you referring to the cat?" She asks in an uncertain tone. "I'm sure, if that's what you're referring to, it should be ok. If it's for another group member, I'm fairly sure the Society will pay the bill, but I'm not sure if there's room or not. You will have to speak to Captain Flannigan to know for sure. The added cost for the passage, if the society doesn't cover it, should be fairly small. If I had to guess, I would say about five gold." She shrugs with uncertainty.

While Kimberly is answering questions, the waitress swings by the table and offers to take orders. “Alright guys, sorry it took so long. This place is a madhouse tonight and it simply isn't slowing down. What can I get for you?” She asks while trying to catch her breath.


F NG Human (Taldan) Bard 2/Sorcerer 2 | HP: 26/26 Temp: 0 NL: 0 | AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +6 (+10 v. Bardic Perf.) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (Darkvision 120 ft.), SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7, Bardic Performance: 9/9 | Spells: Bard: 1st: 3/3, Sorc: 1st: 5/5 | Active conditions: None Echo F NG Cat (Qadirian Longhair) | HP: 13/13 NL: 0 | AC: 15, T: 14, FF: 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 8 (12 v. trip)| F: +1, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (Low-Light Vision, Scent)

Echo flicks Kimberly on the nose with her tail, making her displeasure of the implied comment on her size known. Kimberly's admonishment taken care of, she returns to enjoying Ceru's attention.

"No, Echo is a character to be sure, but there's another that wasn't able to join at the moment and likely will not take kindly to be left behind," Talienda says, carefully picking her words to avoid giving the wrong impression. Echo, the cat, glares at Talienda from across the table at being called a character, but decides that vengeance shall come later.

"I'm sure we can work something out if it comes to it." Talienda's voice carries far more confidence than she feels. "Thank you, Miss Kimberly."

Having found out what she can about passage for Alina, assuming her friend doesn't take her berth after killing her, Talienda turns to Katrina.

"I think I might be having my last supper. Bring me whatever's the best on the menu," she tells the young waitress, not quite sure if she was joking or being prophetic.


Male
Skills:
Percep +10|Diplo +12 (Charming +14)|Heal +12|Kn. Rel +8|Kn. His +6|SM +8|Prof (bartender) +10|Spell +6
Aasimar|HP 30/30|F +6 R +2 W +7 Resist acid, cold and electricity 5|AC 16 (FF 15, T 11)|Init +1| Cleric/4th|Channel Energy (Su) 2d6 6/6x/day (Will DC 15)|Agile Feet (Su) 6/6Rounds/day|Dazing Touch (Sp) 6/6Rounds/day

The former bartender-turned-adventurer takes his turn reading the voucher and the letter.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Once Katrina arrives, Wayilant gleefully orders the fish, extra fish, and a honey mead.
Looking over to Nat, Wayilant says, "We'll do our best to find your kin, Ionatan. Cayden be with us!" And raises his mug toward his fellow caydenite.


Male Human Bard (dervish dancer) 1 | HP 11/10| AC 16, T14, FF12 | F +2, R +6,W +2| Perc +4| Init +4| CMB +2, CMD16 | Battle Dance 5/6 | Active Conditions:
Talienda Blackhorn wrote:


"No, Echo is a character to be sure, but there's another that wasn't able to join at the moment and likely will not take kindly to be left behind," Talienda says, carefully picking her words to avoid giving the wrong impression. Echo, the cat, glares at Talienda from across the table at being called a character, but decides that vengeance shall come later.

"I'm sure we can work something out if it comes to it." Talienda's voice carries far more confidence than she feels. "Thank you, Miss Kimberly."

Intrigued Dario inquired, ”And who might this mysterious seventh person be? A besotted suitor, perhaps?”


F NG Human (Taldan) Bard 2/Sorcerer 2 | HP: 26/26 Temp: 0 NL: 0 | AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +6 (+10 v. Bardic Perf.) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (Darkvision 120 ft.), SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7, Bardic Performance: 9/9 | Spells: Bard: 1st: 3/3, Sorc: 1st: 5/5 | Active conditions: None Echo F NG Cat (Qadirian Longhair) | HP: 13/13 NL: 0 | AC: 15, T: 14, FF: 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 8 (12 v. trip)| F: +1, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (Low-Light Vision, Scent)

"I don't think Alina could be besotted by anyone, much less me. We've known each other since we were little," Talienda explains.


Male Human Bard (dervish dancer) 1 | HP 11/10| AC 16, T14, FF12 | F +2, R +6,W +2| Perc +4| Init +4| CMB +2, CMD16 | Battle Dance 5/6 | Active Conditions:

”Ah, it is true great friends are hard to find and difficult to leave….. and impossible to forget, he remarked. ”I look forward to meeting this Alina. Of course, it goes without saying, but Dario will say it anyway, a friend of yours is a friend of mine.”


Male
Skills:
Percep +10|Diplo +12 (Charming +14)|Heal +12|Kn. Rel +8|Kn. His +6|SM +8|Prof (bartender) +10|Spell +6
Aasimar|HP 30/30|F +6 R +2 W +7 Resist acid, cold and electricity 5|AC 16 (FF 15, T 11)|Init +1| Cleric/4th|Channel Energy (Su) 2d6 6/6x/day (Will DC 15)|Agile Feet (Su) 6/6Rounds/day|Dazing Touch (Sp) 6/6Rounds/day

"I'm sorry. Who is Alina?" Wayilant questions across the table.


F NG Human (Taldan) Bard 2/Sorcerer 2 | HP: 26/26 Temp: 0 NL: 0 | AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +6 (+10 v. Bardic Perf.) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (Darkvision 120 ft.), SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7, Bardic Performance: 9/9 | Spells: Bard: 1st: 3/3, Sorc: 1st: 5/5 | Active conditions: None Echo F NG Cat (Qadirian Longhair) | HP: 13/13 NL: 0 | AC: 15, T: 14, FF: 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 8 (12 v. trip)| F: +1, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (Low-Light Vision, Scent)

I'm half-expecting that the GM's next post is going to be Talienda getting busted.

"She's my closest friend and confidant," Talienda answers.


Male Human Bard (dervish dancer) 1 | HP 11/10| AC 16, T14, FF12 | F +2, R +6,W +2| Perc +4| Init +4| CMB +2, CMD16 | Battle Dance 5/6 | Active Conditions:

”But why is she not here?” the bard’s curiosity gets the better of him.


Female Half-Elf Bloodrager 4| HP 40/40 | AC 16 (T 12, F 14) | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F +6, R +3, W +3 (+2 vs Charm and Compulsion) (All +1 vs Arcane Spells) | Init +3 | Perc +9 | Speed 40 | Rage 12/12

Bryndís asks for the fish.

"I am happy to eat fish again! I have been away from the sea for too long."

She don't need no stinkin' lemon to enjoy it.

Hearing there is actually an extra, as yet unmet member of their group, Bryndís asks Talienda about her.

"What kind of skills does Alina have? Does she fight good?"


CG Gnome Investigator 1 | Temp: +1 hp 9/9 | AC 15 Touch 13 FF 13 | CMB -1 CMD 11 | Init +2; Perc +7 LLVision | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +2, +2 vs despair, fear, language-dependent glyphs/runes | Inspiration 3/4

Ceru doesn't order food until they are told it's on the house, but agrees with Wayilant on the recommendation of the fish. "Just off the boat today so it's quite fresh!"

As discussion of extra passage ensues, Ceru asks Kimberly, "And my pack mule? Part of my wages have been paying for his stabling here, but they can't do that if I'm not here and... I've only a few silvers to my name after stocking up on reagents... if it's 5 gold to keep Gary in the cargo bay I don't know how I'll get that in time..."

Her ears flatten as she considers. However anyone answers...

As the conversation turns to Alina, Ceru's attention drifts away as she spots something. "Folks... folks!" She taps her fork on the table to get the group's attention. "Don't look, but there's some grizzled looking seamen types studying who's signing up for what. The one human with the fabulous white beard has walked by us like five times. I don't know if they're just one of the sailors on the ships going to these different locations assessing their potential passengers... or they're looking for someone..."


Male
Skills:
Percep +10|Diplo +12 (Charming +14)|Heal +12|Kn. Rel +8|Kn. His +6|SM +8|Prof (bartender) +10|Spell +6
Aasimar|HP 30/30|F +6 R +2 W +7 Resist acid, cold and electricity 5|AC 16 (FF 15, T 11)|Init +1| Cleric/4th|Channel Energy (Su) 2d6 6/6x/day (Will DC 15)|Agile Feet (Su) 6/6Rounds/day|Dazing Touch (Sp) 6/6Rounds/day

Wayilant leans forward to address the gnome. "Ceru. How important is the pack mule to your.. operations?"

After Ceru's warning, Wayilant looks across the room, using his peripheral vision to hopefully see the sailor canvasing others or the table.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Male Human Bard (dervish dancer) 1 | HP 11/10| AC 16, T14, FF12 | F +2, R +6,W +2| Perc +4| Init +4| CMB +2, CMD16 | Battle Dance 5/6 | Active Conditions:

Good catch Ceru. Best keep our guard up,” the bard whispered back. He will try to discreetly inquire with the staff if they know anything about the sailors.

Diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

1 to 50 of 1,593 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Rusty Flagon Inn All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.