[Gameday XI] GM Doug's Cavern of the Sundered Song

Game Master Doug Hahn

Tactical Maps | Macros Sheet


1 to 50 of 296 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

The scrollmaster Effeflinn Whyst is never seen outside the libraries of the Pathfinder Society’s Grand Lodge. She speaks only in ancient songs and rhymes, and some claim that she has memorized every book in the archives. Kreighton Shaine, the enigmatic Master of Scrolls, avoids her at all costs. The two elves clearly share some history, but no one has ever learned their story.

When Effeflinn suddenly rushes through a portal in the Grand Lodge, and Kreighton goes in after her, the Society organizes an expedition into the mysterious and deadly caverns on the other side of the portal. Where have the scrollmasters gone? What secrets have they kept, and why? The Society is going to need its best agents to face the dangers and solve the mysteries in the Cavern of the Sundered Song.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

We begin!

Skyreach buzzes with excitement. Earlier this morning the Scrollmaster Effeflinn Whyst and the Master of Scrolls Kreighton Shaine went missing!

It seems Effeflinn was working down in the archives when she burst into song. A shimmering portal swirled open and then she walked right on through it. Soon after Shaine was seen running through it too. They've both been missing since.

Gorm Greathammer has summoned you to the archives. You can reasonably assume he's gathering his most experienced agents to investigate. As you move through the bowels of Skyreach you take note of other experienced agents heading the same direction. In fact, you're in company with some of the Society's most respected field agents. Gorm must be taking this matter very seriously.

Perhaps you know your fellow agents… or know of them. This is a perfect moment to introduce yourself or catch up! Please introduce your character! Maybe you have strong feelings about Shaine, or mysterious portals in general. You will have time to make last-minute purchases after learning more from Gorm himself.

Grand Archive

Dwarf Fighter 9 | HP 132/145 (S:10/67/80) | AC 28 | F +20(S>CS) R +14(+3 vs damage) W +17 (Bravery) | Perception +14 (Darkvision) Reactions: AoO, Raise Shield, Shield Block || HP (2/3)

Orin grumbles and clanks, the heavily armed and armored dwarf making good speed despite his heavy plate, skull adorned plate and several shields.

"I'll be nice ta see Gorm again, maybe when we're done he'll finally have time ta finish that story he started tellin me, back when I joined on that march outta the remains o' Lastwall."

Envoy's Alliance

Human Cleric 9 | HP 98/98 | AC: 27 | F: +15 R: +15, W: +20 | Perception: +17 (E) | Default Exploration: Search

You hear a heavy clanking sound as a man wearing a chain shirt walks inot the room. A thick metal collar is still clasped around his neck and chained to it is a spiked chain he keeps coiled around him like a belt. "Name's Kas, though those that know me from the last several years refer to me as Broken Troll." He holds out a hand to shake. As he does his sleeve rids up revealing a body riddles with scars from lash whips. He bears a battered symbol of Sarenrae wrapped tightly around his wrist.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human Sorceror 11 HP 107/107| AC 30 | Fort +19 Reflex +20 Will +19 | Perception +18 (+20 for vision)

Yendi is a fairly unassuming looking half-elven man, not particularly tall for his ilk, possibly somewhat handsome in the right light, dressed rugged travelling leathers. His words flow easily enough to make his slightly oily demeanor seem more oddly endearing than off-putting to most people he meets. "I do not think I've had the pleasure of meeting either of you. I am Yendi Ionescue. I... will admit that I have enough self-regard to consider myself something of a diplomat, when the situation calls for it. I dabble in magical matters when it does not, and if we should find ourselves with enemies while looking into these terribly interesting rumored events, I will gladly do what I can to confound them." He shrugs lightly, "But I'm certain that all of that will depend on just what our good captain has to share with us, yes?"

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Human (Sarkorian) Halycon Druid 9 | HP 106/106 | AC 27 (28/29) | F +16 R +16 W +18 | Perc +17 | Stealth +13 | 30 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/1 | wand 1/1 | staff 6/6 | spells 1: 2 2: 3 3: 3 4: 3 5: 1 | halcyon: 1 | Active Conditions: toughness, catfall, resist fire 5, evil 3 (adj. allies), negative 1, cold 1, electricity 1, regenerate 1 hp/min

"It is good that at least one of our troupe does more than dabble in magical matters, then," Chulyin, a tall and athletically build Sarkorian man dressed in leathers and exotic hides says. He enters the room holding a green metal staff topped with a snake's head. "I, too, believe that I have not had the opportunity to work with those gathered. My name is Chulyin." There is a modest sized but fading burn scar on the left side of his face.

He is accompanied by a Sarkorian wolf. The animal heels obediently, but there is something between the druid and his companion that makes the bond appear imbalanced--a sadness in Chulyin's eyes when he looks at the wolf, which he avoids doing more than necessary in order to fend off the memories.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human Sorceror 11 HP 107/107| AC 30 | Fort +19 Reflex +20 Will +19 | Perception +18 (+20 for vision)

Yendi claps his hands together and grins at this entrance, speaking with either utmost sincerity or an excellent impression of it, "That is excellent news, my new friend! I am greatly relieved to hear that we shall have an expert to rely on, should we have to contend with complicated spellcraft! Between this and clear strength of our fine men at arms, I feel safe before we even have the chance to set a single toe to the road!"

Vigilant Seal

NG Gnome Bard 9 (he/him) | HP 89/89 | AC 27 | F +15 R +18 W +18 | Perc +15 | Speed 30' | Focus 1/2 | Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 3/3, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/2 (DC 27) | Hero: 3 | Character Sheet

Seggiatore is a gnome dressed in rust-colored leggings complemented by a yellow tunic and wool vest, with blue and green hair that is pulled back into a topknot before reaching down almost to his waist.
"Hi gang! Quite an interesting little conundrum we have here. Seems whatever history those two shared has finally reared its head. Can't wait to find out what it is!"

A moment passes as he looks about at the others before adding, "I'm Seggiatore, by the way. Gentleman, singer, musician... He Who Protects. How do you do?"

Horizon Hunters

N male kobold (green dragonscale) fighter (marshal) 9 l HP 86/114 | AC 28 | F +18 (Juggernaut) R +15 W +15 (Juggernaut, Bravery) | Perc +16 (+18 for Ini. )| speed 20 ft | Hero 1 | Active Conditions: None

"We'll survive whatever magical shenanigans are in store. That's what Pathfinders do!" Kohl draws himself up to his full 4-foot height. It's oddly intimidating!

"And no one better stand in our way."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

There is just enough time for some pleasantries before you reach the entrance to the archives. Funny how it always seems to work like that.

______
Several swordmasters stand guard outside the archives, ensuring no one enters by accident. They step out of your way. Gorm waits for you near the orrery in the center of the stacks; next to him is a strange shimmering portal. He nods approvingly. “Wonderful. I’m so glad you were all available on such short notice. I’m not sure I’ve seen such an accomplished group of agents together before."

"No doubt you’ve heard the rumors already about today’s events, and you may even know more than I do. Here’s what I’ve been able to piece together so far. Effeflinn Whyst, one of the Scrollmasters, the elf who’s always singing strange old songs, she found something in the Grand Archive that took her by surprise. A hand-written journal of some kind. She ran off with the journal in hand, started singing, and made… this.” He gestures toward the portal. "That’s odd enough, but then perhaps twenty minutes later, after word started to spread around the Lodge, our Master of Scrolls, Kreighton Shaine, ran into the portal after her, looking furious. We haven’t seen either of them since.” He shuffles through some parchments. “We’ve done some divinations, and about all that we know is that it connects to the Darklands. Probably Orv, but some portion we’ve never heard of before.” He sighs. “Frankly, we have no idea what’s going on. We could just wait for Effeflinn and Kreighton to return, but I don’t like the idea of what might come out of this portal in the meantime. I’d like you to go through, find them both, and figure out what the heck is going on. Hopefully, there’ll at least be a good story in it for you. I remember once, when I was in Osirion—“

Gorm’s words are cut off when Kreighton Shaine’s head suddenly pops through the portal and looks at the six of you. “Good, you’ve got them. The song is finished, but now it’s lost. We’ve got to find them. Hurry!” As quickly as Kreighton’s head appears, it vanishes once again.

Gorm stares at the portal, speechless for a moment. “Well, I suppose you should get moving, then. You should take a few minutes to go buy any supplies you think you’ll need. We’re not sure how stable it is, so you should avoid going back and forth through the portal until you’re ready to come back for good. Without disturbances, we think it should stay open for at least a couple of days. Why don’t you try to be back in 48 hours? I wouldn’t stay much longer than that, but do spend enough time there to see anything interesting. We’re looking at something very strange here, Pathfinders. Good luck.”

"Oh. Speaking of supplies, it wouldn't do to send you off empty-handed!" He offers each of you a choice between a greater antidote and a greater antiplague for the journey. He also offers the whole group two moderate alchemist’s fires and two moderate frost vials.

See art of Gorm and Shaine on Slide 1. Loot on Slide 2. Generally, I'll always try to keep relevant stuff up top.

______
Recall Knowledge Checks

About the Darklands
Kohl and Orin know the Darklands are an interconnected network of caverns and passageways deep underground, spanning multiple continents. Residents include xulgaths, deep gnomes, derros, duergar, and calignis, as well as strange and powerful aberrations.

About this part of the Archives
Orin and Yendi know that this part of the library includes firsthand accounts from people who interacted with deities when they were mortals.

Chulyin remembers that this specific section of the library has personal accounts of dealings with Nivi Rhombodazzle. Nivi Rhombodazzle is the god of gems, stealth, and gambling. She spent much time in the Darklands avoiding her creditors and is known as the first deep gnome. She approves of using stealth and guile over violence where possible.

About the Song Effeflinn Sang
Earlier today Seggiatore talked to a student who heard some of the song. While the student can’t recite any stanzas exactly, they remember hearing lyrics about ‘debts’ and ‘treasures.’

Orin's hireling, Yendi, and Kas heard from other students the song had the words 'devils' and 'hell.'

______
Back to it

Gorm listens to you collaborate on what you know. "I knew I picked the right team. Got any questions for me?"

You can make any purchases / prep based on your briefing, pick school items, and choose your consumable from Gorm.

GM Screen:
Seggiatore's Society (T): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Kohl's Society (E): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Orin's Society (T): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Kas's Society (T): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Chulyin's Society (T): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

----

Orin's PFS (E): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 Pathfinder Society (Hireling)
Yendi's Academia (T): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 Academic
Chulyin's Pathfinder Society (T): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

----

Orin's Diplomacy (E): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 Hireling
Yendi's Diplomacy (E): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22
Chulyin's Diplomacy (T): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 +1 to Make an Impression
Seggiatore's Diplomacy (M): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

Kas's Performance (U): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 Untrained Improvisation, Clever Improvisaton

Horizon Hunters

N male kobold (green dragonscale) fighter (marshal) 9 l HP 86/114 | AC 28 | F +18 (Juggernaut) R +15 W +15 (Juggernaut, Bravery) | Perc +16 (+18 for Ini. )| speed 20 ft | Hero 1 | Active Conditions: None

Kohl selects the antiplague and drinks it right down.

"What kind of dangers will we vanquish in Orv?"

Envoy's Alliance

Human Cleric 9 | HP 98/98 | AC: 27 | F: +15 R: +15, W: +20 | Perception: +17 (E) | Default Exploration: Search

Kas takes shold of one of the antiplague potions and drinks its contents as well. "Thanks, hopefully we won't need to use it at all." He grips the charm of Sarenrae dangling frm his wrist. "If we are o run into the depths of hell and get into a bind then place your hand on my charm here and you will be healed a small amount."

Cast 5th level Vital Beacon.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros
Tremendous Kohl wrote:
"What kind of dangers will we vanquish in Orv?"

Gorm shrugs. You likely know as much as I. Maybe more. I know it’s dark, for one. Make sure you’ll be able to see. There are all kinds of creatures, especially aberrations. Best to be prepared for anything.

Grand Archive

Dwarf Fighter 9 | HP 132/145 (S:10/67/80) | AC 28 | F +20(S>CS) R +14(+3 vs damage) W +17 (Bravery) | Perception +14 (Darkvision) Reactions: AoO, Raise Shield, Shield Block || HP (2/3)

Orin will take an antiplague and consume as well

Orin spends some time checking over his gear, making sure his pick is nice and sharp, all the straps on his full plate and pack are nice and tight and stuff like that before grumbling in that dwarven way.

Vigilant Seal

NG Gnome Bard 9 (he/him) | HP 89/89 | AC 27 | F +15 R +18 W +18 | Perc +15 | Speed 30' | Focus 1/2 | Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 3/3, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/2 (DC 27) | Hero: 3 | Character Sheet

Moving some gear around, Seggiatore notes the two lesser healing potions he picked up from the society on his way down here, as well as the greater potion of darkvision he had the insight to buy just the other day.
He gladly accepts the antidote from Gorm, and tucks it into a slot on the strap that holds his drum in place on his left leg.

"I really should have learned more of the songs that Effeflinn likes to sing, but alas. Still, this one references debts and treasures - I wonder if she has a strong - or strange - connection to Nivi."

Take Antidote, but not drinking yet.
Spells school -> downgrading to two lesser potions instead of one moderate
Purchase -> spend 90gp on the 24-hour version of the darkvision elixir

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Human (Sarkorian) Halycon Druid 9 | HP 106/106 | AC 27 (28/29) | F +16 R +16 W +18 | Perc +17 | Stealth +13 | 30 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/1 | wand 1/1 | staff 6/6 | spells 1: 2 2: 3 3: 3 4: 3 5: 1 | halcyon: 1 | Active Conditions: toughness, catfall, resist fire 5, evil 3 (adj. allies), negative 1, cold 1, electricity 1, regenerate 1 hp/min

"Two days. In caverns. We should bring food and water with us, then," Chulyin contemplates out loud. "I hope we do not encounter trolls. I have had my fill of trolls for a good long while." He shakes himself out of his unpleasant reverie. "Yes. To the quartermaster. I shall return presently."

The wolf obediently follows the druid to the quartermaster and to the place where the Vigilant Seal keeps their proprietary tools and relics.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human Sorceror 11 HP 107/107| AC 30 | Fort +19 Reflex +20 Will +19 | Perception +18 (+20 for vision)

Yendi also takes the antiplague, to consume before heading through the portal.

"Food and water should be simple enough and I, at least, am prepared for the dark. If we know anything else about what Effeflinn was doing when she came across this journal, that might help to establish other connections, that would be helpful. I understand that she was singing something about devils... I have no special preparations to make for that sort of trouble, myself, other than finding a good lawyer, and I fear the retainer to bring one through this portal would be unmanageable. If you are all prepared, I am as well."

Horizon Hunters

N male kobold (green dragonscale) fighter (marshal) 9 l HP 86/114 | AC 28 | F +18 (Juggernaut) R +15 W +15 (Juggernaut, Bravery) | Perc +16 (+18 for Ini. )| speed 20 ft | Hero 1 | Active Conditions: None

Kohl will grab some rations and a moderate healing potion from the quartermaster.

"Ready to go! I can see in the dark, of course."

Kohl chats about the mission to Chulyin, "Don't worry buddy, trolls aren't so tough!"

Kohl was almost spectacularly killed by trolls after some...tactical missteps on his part. He's just blustering.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Gorm looks at the druid. Hey Chulyin, don't forget your free stuff! Even the most experienced Pathfinders won't turn down loot, at least, not that I've seen in all my years… Can choose between a free greater antidote and a greater antiplague.

______

Preparations complete, you step through the shimmering portal. The seconds stretch and darkness swirls… a voice is singing, but it's hard to make out the words:

strange song wrote:

… … … raise … … …

… lender … … … … … out

… … … … … play … …

… chance … … … ….

Yendi pieces together even more words: fold, creditor, erase, vault.

This will give you a potential boon later in the scenario.

______

You come out the other side. It's pitch black; from the light sources you've brought (or with your darkvision) you can see dozens of tunnels branching off from this chamber.

Shaine is here, staring off into a tunnel. He addresses you without even turning around. “You’ve come at last. We must find Effeflinn at once. I’ve forgotten the song; I’ve forgotten the song. It doesn’t matter, we need to find all of them! After all these years!”

He walks quickly down one of the tunnels, giving you no time to get your bearings or even discuss the strange music you heard. However, as you travel you might press the agitated scholar for questions.

Added some Darklands art on slide 1 to help set the tone!

GM Screen:
Seggiatore's Perception (E): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 Low-light, +1 to sight-based checks
Kohl's Perception (M): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
Orin's Perception (E): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Kas's Perception (E): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
Yendi's Perception (E): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36 +2 for vision based checks
Chulyin's Perception (E): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31

Horizon Hunters

N male kobold (green dragonscale) fighter (marshal) 9 l HP 86/114 | AC 28 | F +18 (Juggernaut) R +15 W +15 (Juggernaut, Bravery) | Perc +16 (+18 for Ini. )| speed 20 ft | Hero 1 | Active Conditions: None

Kohl hurries to keep up with the elf.

"What song, spellmaster? And what are we finding?"

Silly elves. Chasing songs. Can't put songs in a hoard. Should be chasing gold.

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Human (Sarkorian) Halycon Druid 9 | HP 106/106 | AC 27 (28/29) | F +16 R +16 W +18 | Perc +17 | Stealth +13 | 30 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/1 | wand 1/1 | staff 6/6 | spells 1: 2 2: 3 3: 3 4: 3 5: 1 | halcyon: 1 | Active Conditions: toughness, catfall, resist fire 5, evil 3 (adj. allies), negative 1, cold 1, electricity 1, regenerate 1 hp/min

After returning from the quartermaster, Chulyin accepts the flask with greater antidote. "Thank you."

He whistles for the Sarkorian wolf to follow as he, himself, follows after the others. Once on the other side, he activates his wayfinder's light.

The wolf leaps through the portal.

Grand Archive

Dwarf Fighter 9 | HP 132/145 (S:10/67/80) | AC 28 | F +20(S>CS) R +14(+3 vs damage) W +17 (Bravery) | Perception +14 (Darkvision) Reactions: AoO, Raise Shield, Shield Block || HP (2/3)

Orin grumbles "Forgettin' things after goin' through portals is worryin', lets try and piece it togetha as we go."

Vigilant Seal

NG Gnome Bard 9 (he/him) | HP 89/89 | AC 27 | F +15 R +18 W +18 | Perc +15 | Speed 30' | Focus 1/2 | Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 3/3, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/2 (DC 27) | Hero: 3 | Character Sheet

Hurrying to catch up, Seggiatore asks, "All of them? Plural? I thought we were simply tracking down Effeflinn?"

Looking around at his surroundings, he decides danger might be close enough to warrant it, and drinks the antidote.
Starting the 6-hour clock

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Human (Sarkorian) Halycon Druid 9 | HP 106/106 | AC 27 (28/29) | F +16 R +16 W +18 | Perc +17 | Stealth +13 | 30 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/1 | wand 1/1 | staff 6/6 | spells 1: 2 2: 3 3: 3 4: 3 5: 1 | halcyon: 1 | Active Conditions: toughness, catfall, resist fire 5, evil 3 (adj. allies), negative 1, cold 1, electricity 1, regenerate 1 hp/min

"The song or song lyrics, I suspect, is what he references," Chulyin hypothesizes.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

The agitated master of scrolls calms slightly as he slips into the role of a teacher. He glances back occasionally as he hurries through the maze-like tunnels, telling his tale in a pedantic tone.

Yes, we need the song, Kohl. It is just as Chulyin says. Yes, there are more of them, Seggiatore. Of course there are. We need to find them all."

"It was so many years ago. At least, to some. Almost a century. Effeflinn Whyst and we were on a mission to reach the part of the Darklands where Nivi Rhombodazzle once lived. When she was mortal, she hid in the Darklands for many years to avoid her creditors. She didn’t always win her games, as I am sure you know. She magically sealed the whole region away, to prevent being found."

"We discovered a ritual song that opened a portal to reach this cavern. It worked… briefly. Part of our team made it through the portal, but then it suddenly closed. Nothing we tried could open it again. The rest of the team was lost."

He harrumphs. "I know that Effeflinn did something wrong. She was the supposed 'song expert'; she was supposed to know how to do it right. She failed.."

"At any rate, she must have found the rest of the song, and opened the portal again. The strangest thing is that I can’t remember any of the song now, after it haunted me for all these years."

"It doesn’t matter. A mere digression. We must find the rest of the team. If they are still alive."

______

Shaine will tell you in brief about the team:

Kerighton Shaine, (elf scholar), expert on rituals
Effeflinn Whyst (female elf poet), expert on songs
Irlah Kestiwhitt (female gnome cleric), Nivi Rhombodazzle lore expert, lost through the original portal.
Piltineff Gosk (male gnome fighter), physical protection, lost through the original portal.
Eltha Embercall (female dwarf druid), expert on survival, lost through the original portal.

I added an NPCs slide with these characters on it for reference. I'll fill it out with art and notes as you find them

Horizon Hunters

N male kobold (green dragonscale) fighter (marshal) 9 l HP 86/114 | AC 28 | F +18 (Juggernaut) R +15 W +15 (Juggernaut, Bravery) | Perc +16 (+18 for Ini. )| speed 20 ft | Hero 1 | Active Conditions: None

Spellmaster Shane usually speaks strangely, but the emphasis on his words sure sounds familiar. My dragon senses tell me we're in deep arcane doo doo.

"Maybe you haven't forgotten as much of the song as you thought, boss. Keep your ears open, and we'll keep our sharp eyes open."

Vigilant Seal

NG Gnome Bard 9 (he/him) | HP 89/89 | AC 27 | F +15 R +18 W +18 | Perc +15 | Speed 30' | Focus 1/2 | Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 3/3, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/2 (DC 27) | Hero: 3 | Character Sheet

As he marks a junction with chalk and makes another note in his journal to track their progress, Seggiatore responds, "Wow, that's quite the story! And now we can bring everything full circle, if you will, which will make a pretty cool epic."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros
Tremendous Kohl wrote:
"Maybe you haven't forgotten as much of the song as you thought, boss. Keep your ears open, and we'll keep our sharp eyes open."

The Scrollmaster turns down a side passage. Hrrmph. Perhaps.

Seggiatore wrote:
As he marks a junction with chalk and makes another note in his journal to track their progress, Seggiatore responds, "Wow, that's quite the story! And now we can bring everything full circle, if you will, which will make a pretty cool epic."

He pauses at a branching tunnel for a moment, then chooses the rightmost one. Title it The Epic of Correcting Effeflinn's Terrible Mistake. You get the feeling Shaine really doesn't like Effeflinn. One might wonder how the poet — and those who were trapped here — feel about HIM.

Envoy's Alliance

Human Cleric 9 | HP 98/98 | AC: 27 | F: +15 R: +15, W: +20 | Perception: +17 (E) | Default Exploration: Search

Kas pulls out his wayfinder and ignites the light within as it illuminates that darkness in a gloomy, pale light that the darkness seems keen on swallowing.

"Do you think Effeflinn did the song wrong on purpose?"

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human Sorceror 11 HP 107/107| AC 30 | Fort +19 Reflex +20 Will +19 | Perception +18 (+20 for vision)

As Kreighton Shane begins his explanation, Yendi rotates the lenses of his goggles to adjust them to the dark. Yendi holds up a hand as the explanations wind down, begging for a pause, "Nivi Rhombodazzle? THE Nivi Rhombodazzle? Aside from the obvious concerns about the years that your team will have had to survive to still be here, and the other obvious concerns about the stability of this portal behind us, do we really mean to tell me that we've stumbled upon the Deadbeat Den of a Deity, and any other creditor-denying defenses that she might have created?"

After another moment he adds, "And as we weren't the first to arrive here, have you seen anything while you were waiting for us? Any sign of local life, or indication of which way Effeflinn might have headed?"


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros
Kas 'Broken Troll' Oldun wrote:

Kas pulls out his wayfinder and ignites the light within as it illuminates that darkness in a gloomy, pale light that the darkness seems keen on swallowing.

"Do you think Effeflinn did the song wrong on purpose?"

Surely you have heard of Yanlon’s famous philosophical razor? “

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

_________

He nods at Yendi’s thoughts. ”Your suppositions are cogent. For whatever reason the portal seems more stable this time. Perhaps Effeflinn finally got the song correct.

He points at faint tracks on the ground. She was in a hurry. I didn’t want ro wait and explain and can track her for us. He follows them along a tunn that’s so low you have to stoop down. I have not seen any signs of life but no doubt denizens of the Darklands were trapped here when Nivi spirited away this sliver of Orv.

The scholar hurries on, clearly grumpy and extremely agitated.

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Human (Sarkorian) Halycon Druid 9 | HP 106/106 | AC 27 (28/29) | F +16 R +16 W +18 | Perc +17 | Stealth +13 | 30 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/1 | wand 1/1 | staff 6/6 | spells 1: 2 2: 3 3: 3 4: 3 5: 1 | halcyon: 1 | Active Conditions: toughness, catfall, resist fire 5, evil 3 (adj. allies), negative 1, cold 1, electricity 1, regenerate 1 hp/min

"So we are not in part of the Darklands connected to our world and merely hidden by confusing illusions but rather an ancient sliver ripped into a pocket with the Astral plane long ago," Chulyin ventures as he hustles along. "The ecosystem within this pocket must be greatly affected by that."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros
Chulyin the Spirit Talker wrote:
"So we are not in part of the Darklands connected to our world and merely hidden by confusing illusions but rather an ancient sliver ripped into a pocket with the Astral plane long ago," Chulyin ventures as he hustles along. "The ecosystem within this pocket must be greatly affected by that."

Who can say? If we can find a way to stabilize the portal we could study this place.

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Human (Sarkorian) Halycon Druid 9 | HP 106/106 | AC 27 (28/29) | F +16 R +16 W +18 | Perc +17 | Stealth +13 | 30 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/1 | wand 1/1 | staff 6/6 | spells 1: 2 2: 3 3: 3 4: 3 5: 1 | halcyon: 1 | Active Conditions: toughness, catfall, resist fire 5, evil 3 (adj. allies), negative 1, cold 1, electricity 1, regenerate 1 hp/min

"And to stabilize it we must find all of the words and lyrics to the song and perform the ritual correctly?" asks the Sarkorian. "Or do you suppose we will need to devise a modification to the ritual on the fly?"

Chulyin drinks one of his own lesser antiplagues and then drinks the greater antidote given to him by Gorm.

Grand Archive

Dwarf Fighter 9 | HP 132/145 (S:10/67/80) | AC 28 | F +20(S>CS) R +14(+3 vs damage) W +17 (Bravery) | Perception +14 (Darkvision) Reactions: AoO, Raise Shield, Shield Block || HP (2/3)

Orin keeps pace and grumbles out loud "Wonder if time passes the same here. Probably does, lots of uncertainties though..."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

This part of the Darklands is strange. Many of the rock structures feature streaks of vibrant hues. Stalactites and stalagmites nearly meet each other, but then grow in spiral patterns around each other. Drops of liquid that condensed on the ceilings above fall on your heads. Occasional breezes carry scents of metal and blood.

To get a better look at these wondrous surroundings you use some heightened Light cantrips.

______

Shaine nods absent-mindedly at Orin's comments and Chulyin's rhetorical questions as you round a bend. You find yourselves in a larger cavern. The ceilings reach 100 feet above, dimly illuminated by the Light spells. Spiraling, rainbow-hued stalagmites reach 50 feet up, while mineral-rich mud puddles sparkle like glitter.

And Shaine is nowhere to be seen.

An unsettling creature slips around a column. It resembles a bipedal amphibian with tentacles instead of arms. Its pulsating head is composed of an undulant mass of what appears to be shifting, slimy transparent eggs filled with writhing larvae. It moves languidly as if awakening from a long slumber. Two more of them creep forward from behind the rock formations. They look more energetic. Gross art on slide 2!

♪♪♪
Welcome to the Darklands Round 1

Terrain: Ceiling 100' high; dark spots are stalagmites 50' high; muddy puddles difficult terrain. Cave is dark, note your light sources and concealment if needed for Dim light.
Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Chulyin (85/85 HP) │ Lesser antiplague.; Gr. Antidote, Lv 5 light
⠀⠀➤ Sarkorian wolf (62/62 HP) │ Immunity fire, Weakness cold 5
Pulsating Amphibian #1 (-0 HP)
Seggiatore (89/89 HP) │ Gr. Antiplague, Darkvision 24 hrs
Pulsating Amphibian #2 (-0 HP)
Languid Pulsating Amphibian #L1 (-0 HP)
Kas (98/98 HP) │ Vital Beacon (5d10), Gr. Antiplague, Lv 5 light
Orin (145/145 HP) │ Darvkvision, Gr. Antiplague
Yendi (107/107 HP) │ Gr. Antiplague, 1-hour Darkvision (Gogg)
Tremendous Kohl (114/114 HP) │ Darvvision, Marshal Aura (10' Fear), Gr. Antiplague

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 30 (Occultism) on Pulsating Amphibian:
This is an Isqulug — a medium amphibious aberration. It regenerates but is deactivated by cold
DC 40 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 32 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
It's known to spread the disease Isqulugia— a virulent disease with up to 5 stages that begin with sickened, then fatigue, then slowed, then paralyzed, then death, and transformation into a new isqulug. Wish, similar magic, or a 9th-level resurrect ritual can return the victim to life. The new isqulug remains even if the victim is brought back to life. Isqulugia's sickened slowed, and paralyzed conditions can't be removed until this affliction is removed. (Traits: disease, incapacitation, primal, transmutation, virulent) Good thing you drank those antiplagues!

GM Screen:
Seggiatore's Initiative Using Search: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 1 = 29
Kohl's Initiative Using Scout: 1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 18 + 1 = 22
Orin's Initiative Using Defend: 1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 1 = 26
Kas's Initiative Using Searching: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 17 + 1 = 28
Yendi's Initiative Using Search: 1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 1 = 26
Chulyin's Initiative Using Search, Bonus from Scout included: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32

L1: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28
1: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (5) + 24 = 29
2: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 24 = 28
3: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (16) + 24 = 40

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Human (Sarkorian) Halycon Druid 9 | HP 106/106 | AC 27 (28/29) | F +16 R +16 W +18 | Perc +17 | Stealth +13 | 30 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/1 | wand 1/1 | staff 6/6 | spells 1: 2 2: 3 3: 3 4: 3 5: 1 | halcyon: 1 | Active Conditions: toughness, catfall, resist fire 5, evil 3 (adj. allies), negative 1, cold 1, electricity 1, regenerate 1 hp/min

Recall Knowledge:

◆ Recall Knowledge: Occultism (T): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Hero Point! ◆ Recall Knowledge, 1-Glyph: Occultism (T): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 1 = 30

"Isqulugs! I vaguely recall reading about them during my classes on denizens of the Darklands. They regenerate but cannot tolerate cold injury," Chulyin informs the others as he moves to a more tactical location, trying to predict where the isqulugs might stop.

He speaks a Halcyon word, "ខែល!" A shield momentarily manifests in front of him before fading to translucency.

◆ Stride
◆ Cast (V): shield

Reaction: first to trigger (Recognize Spell or Shield Block 10)

Grand Lodge

N Wolf 9 | HP 96/96 | AC 27 | F +17 R +19 W +16 | Conditions: resist evil 2 (when adjacent)

The wolf dutifully heels.

And lamentedly has neither Fire immunity nor Cold weakness. The poor flaming jaguar died to a troll god.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM Screen:
1d4 ⇒ 2

The Isqulug slips forward on its tentacles. Its larvae-encrusted head quivers violently before exploding! It blows a spray of larvae across Kohl, Orin, Yendi, and Kas. The terrible parasites burrow under their skin and leave a trail of vile pus in the fresh wounds.

DC 30 Basic reflex save: 6d10 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 7, 7, 4) = 26
… and a Fort save vs disease if you take damage (disease, incapacitation (does not matter here), primal, transmutation, virulent)

The creature stumbles about with part of its face blown off, but you can easily see the squirming larvae reforming. It is Stupefied until the ability recharges, which you can see happening.

♪♪♪
Welcome to the Darklands Round 1

Terrain: Ceiling 100' high; dark spots are stalagmites 50' high; muddy puddles difficult terrain. Cave is dark, note your light sources and concealment if needed for Dim light.
Battlemap

──────────
BEFORE YOUR TURN:
──────────

Kas: DC 30 Basic Ref vs 26 P, then Fort v Disease unless crit ssave
Orin: DC 30 Basic Ref vs 26 P, then Fort v Disease unless crit ssave
Yendi: DC 30 Basic Ref vs 26 P, then Fort v Disease unless crit ssave
Tremendous Kohl: DC 30 Basic Ref vs 26 P, then Fort v Disease unless crit ssave

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
Chulyin (85/85 HP) │ Lesser antiplague.; Gr. Antidote, Lv 5 light, Reaction ready (ID / Block 10)
⠀⠀Sarkorian wolf (62/62 HP) │ Immunity fire, Weakness cold 5
Isqulug #1 (-0 HP) │ Stupefied 1; recharging grossness round 0/?
➤ Seggiatore (89/89 HP) │ Gr. Antiplague, Darkvision 24 hrs
Isqulug #2 (-0 HP)
Languid Isqulug #L1 (-0 HP)
Kas (98/98 HP) │ Vital Beacon (5d10), Gr. Antiplague, Lv 5 light
Orin (145/145 HP) │ Darvkvision, Gr. Antiplague
Yendi (107/107 HP) │ Gr. Antiplague, 1-hour Darkvision (Gogg)
Tremendous Kohl (114/114 HP) │ Darvvision, Marshal Aura (10' Fear), Gr. Antiplague

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 30 (Occultism) on Pulsating Amphibian:
This is an Isqulug — a medium amphibious aberration. It regenerates but is deactivated by cold
DC 40 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 32 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
It's known to spread the disease Isqulugia— a virulent disease with up to 5 stages that begin with sickened, then fatigue, then slowed, then paralyzed, then death, and transformation into a new isqulug. Wish, similar magic, or a 9th-level resurrect ritual can return the victim to life. The new isqulug remains even if the victim is brought back to life. Isqulugia's sickened slowed, and paralyzed conditions can't be removed until this affliction is removed. (Traits: disease, incapacitation, primal, transmutation, virulent) Good thing you drank those antiplagues!

Grand Archive

Dwarf Fighter 9 | HP 132/145 (S:10/67/80) | AC 28 | F +20(S>CS) R +14(+3 vs damage) W +17 (Bravery) | Perception +14 (Darkvision) Reactions: AoO, Raise Shield, Shield Block || HP (2/3)

reflex+Bulwark: 1d20 + 14 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 3 = 31
Fort+Antiplague extra: 1d20 + 20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 20 + 3 = 39
Juggernaut increases fort success to critical success.

Orin dodges the worst of it and has no trouble with the disease.

13 damage > 132/145

Vigilant Seal

NG Gnome Bard 9 (he/him) | HP 89/89 | AC 27 | F +15 R +18 W +18 | Perc +15 | Speed 30' | Focus 1/2 | Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 3/3, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/2 (DC 27) | Hero: 3 | Character Sheet

Visibly disgusted by the Isqulug attack, Seggiatore tries to recall more about the creatures before eschewing caution and moving into the cavern and striking up a moody, dangerous-sounding song.

.

◆ Recall knowledge Occultism: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21 No extra knowledge
◆ Stride 30'
◇ Lingering Composition Performance: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33 Success, but not critical -> three round duration
◆ Cast Dirge of Doom All enemies already or coming within 30' are Frightened 1 and cannot reduce it without moving away first
Gnomish metal... very scary stuff

↺ Either Unexpected/Fortuitous Shift (for self) or Shadow Syphon (for area)

Envoy's Alliance

Human Cleric 9 | HP 98/98 | AC: 27 | F: +15 R: +15, W: +20 | Perception: +17 (E) | Default Exploration: Search

Seeing his wayfinder's light barely illuminating any of teh darkness he leans down and pushes the light out further and further until he seems to be straining himself.

Light spell (5th)

As the light stretches onward it seems to attract unwanted attention as a strange creature of the Darklands explodes all over him, getting caught in his beard and mouth. He spits the vile substance out quickly but fears the worst.

Reflex DC 30: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Orin feels some worms burrow in but they quickly die off and fall off his skin.

Seggiatore leverages his occult skills then moves forward and begins performing some gnomish doom metal. The thousands of larvae in his enemy's face each squirm in terror!

Somehow Kas's bears absorb all of the horrid larvae. Gross, but they do no damage to the cleric himself.

______
Languid Isqulug
The other creature waits a beat; the languid Isqulug moves into the Dirge. They move with coordination and intelligence. Perhaps the most frightening thing of all. It lashes a slimy tentacle at the Tremendous Kobold!

Tentacle, Strike 1, Frightened 1: 1d20 + 20 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 20 - 1 = 22 MISS

Tentacle, Strike 2, Agile, Frightened 1: 1d20 + 20 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 20 - 4 - 1 = 28
B: 2d12 + 9 ⇒ (10, 10) + 9 = 29

Orin, his shield up this whole time, snaps it across the tentacle, shoving it partly out of the way. Special reaction; Blocks 10.

However, some of the larvae get under the kobold's scales… A second fort save. The DC for this creature is different from the debuff and the template.

______
Isqulug #2

Isqulug 2 rushes in, heedless of the bard's doomage, and snaps a long tentacle at the bard!

Tentacle, Strike 1, Frightened 1: 1d20 + 22 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 22 - 1 = 40
B: 2d12 + 11 ⇒ (2, 3) + 11 = 16 doubles to 32
Fort. Shift DC 11: 1d20 ⇒ 18 Resist 9, +2 on the save vs disease… and a fort vs disease DC 29 after Frightened.

♪♪♪
Welcome to the Darklands Round 1

Party Conditions: Dirge of doom on Seggiatore
Terrain: Ceiling 100' high; dark spots are stalagmites 50' high; muddy puddles difficult terrain. Cave is dark, note your light sources and concealment if needed for Dim light.
Battlemap

──────────
BEFORE YOUR TURN:
──────────

Seggiatore: DC 29 Fort vs Disease with +2 circ. bonus
Yendi: DC 30 Basic Ref vs 26 P & DC 30 Fort vf Disease if you took damage from the Ref save
Tremendous Kohl: DC 30 Basic Ref vs 26 P & DC 30 Fort vf Disease if you took damage from the Ref save

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
Chulyin (85/85 HP) │ Lesser antiplague.; Gr. Antidote, Reaction ready (ID / Block 10)
⠀⠀Sarkorian wolf (62/62 HP) │ Immunity fire, Weakness cold 5
Isqulug #1 (-0 HP) │ Stupefied 1; Frightened 1; recharging grossness round 0/?
Seggiatore (66/89 HP) │ Gr. Antiplague; Tricky reaction used, Gnomish doom metal through round 3
Languid Isqulug #L1 (-0 HP) │ Frightened 1
Isqulug #2 (-0 HP) │ Frightened 1
➤ Kas (98/98 HP) │ Vital Beacon (5d10), Gr. Antiplague
➤ Orin (132/145 HP) │ Darvkvision, Gr. Antiplague, Shield -19, 1 block react used
➤ Yendi (107/107 HP) │ Gr. Antiplague
➤ Tremendous Kohl (95/114 HP) │ Marshal Aura (10' Fear), Gr. Antiplague

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 30 (Occultism) on Pulsating Amphibian:
This is an Isqulug — a medium amphibious aberration. It regenerates but is deactivated by cold
DC 40 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 32 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
It's known to spread the disease Isqulugia— a virulent disease with up to 5 stages that begin with sickened, then fatigue, then slowed, then paralyzed, then death, and transformation into a new isqulug. Wish, similar magic, or a 9th-level resurrect ritual can return the victim to life. The new isqulug remains even if the victim is brought back to life. Isqulugia's sickened slowed, and paralyzed conditions can't be removed until this affliction is removed. (Traits: disease, incapacitation, primal, transmutation, virulent) Good thing you drank those antiplagues!

Vigilant Seal

NG Gnome Bard 9 (he/him) | HP 89/89 | AC 27 | F +15 R +18 W +18 | Perc +15 | Speed 30' | Focus 1/2 | Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 3/3, 4th 2/3, 5th 1/2 (DC 27) | Hero: 3 | Character Sheet

Ewww! Wipe it off, wipe it off!!!
Fort Save: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 2 = 30 Phew. Got it all.

Grand Archive

Dwarf Fighter 9 | HP 132/145 (S:10/67/80) | AC 28 | F +20(S>CS) R +14(+3 vs damage) W +17 (Bravery) | Perception +14 (Darkvision) Reactions: AoO, Raise Shield, Shield Block || HP (2/3)

Orin raises his shield and charges at #2, getting in position to protect Seggiatore from the worst of monster retaliation.

Pick: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25
piercing damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 3) + 7 = 14

Shield gives Orin +2 AC and Reflex. Orin can block attacks against himself and adjacent allies, he can also block reflex saves effects against himself and gets a bonus block reaction every round. Orin Also has AoO, baring extortionary circumstances Orin will always take the first reactions available. (Orin can also raise his shield as a reaction)

Potential AoO:

Pick: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24
piercing damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 5) + 7 = 13

Horizon Hunters

N male kobold (green dragonscale) fighter (marshal) 9 l HP 86/114 | AC 28 | F +18 (Juggernaut) R +15 W +15 (Juggernaut, Bravery) | Perc +16 (+18 for Ini. )| speed 20 ft | Hero 1 | Active Conditions: None

"Ugh! You dare slime Kohl!?"

The kobold tries to avoid the spray of gunk, but with little success.
Reflex: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Antiplague, Juggernaut
Fortitude v. Disease: 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 18 + 4 = 28
Hero Point: 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 18 + 4 = 40

The kobold takes the full force of the goo, but luck and his strong constitution prevent disease.

The tentacle lash stings, despite Orin's intervention.
Fortitude v. Disease: 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 4 = 36

"This place is the pits. I hope the Spellmaster is okay!"

The kobold takes his most threatening stance in response to the attacks.
Attempt Dread Marshall Stance
Intimidation: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21
Circumstances just aren't favoring the kobold, though.

He Strides up next to Orin and using attacks #2, attempting to throw the creature off balance with his free hand.

Snagging Strike
+1 Striking Crushing Cold Iron Flail: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26 for bludgeoning: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 6) + 7 = 19

Envoy's Alliance

Male Human Sorceror 11 HP 107/107| AC 30 | Fort +19 Reflex +20 Will +19 | Perception +18 (+20 for vision)

Yendi scrambles to try to avoid the erupting pustules! Reflex: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25
fortitude: 1d20 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 19 + 4 = 38

"I've always preferred to be a warm person! I won't be any help stopping them from healing, but let me see if we can make the matter less urgent!" Yendi shouts, before turning and beginning to chant, as he casts Calm Emotions (6) on the southern pair, and invoking his Aeon Stone to cast a shield over himself. DC 30 Will


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Orin charges, but misses the creature by a wide margin.

Kohl and Yendi are covered in biting parasites Both fail for 26 P, but fend off the disease. In Kohl's case, heroically!

The Kohlbold has a problem inspiring all his friends the larvae on him, and his flail flies wide by a wide berth just like Orin's pick.

The sorcerer casts a powerful spell…

Will 1, Frightened 1, Stupefied 1: 1d20 + 18 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 18 - 1 - 1 = 36 Nautural 20 -> Crit Success
Will L1, Frightened: 1d20 + 16 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 16 - 1 = 32 Success -> -1 Status to attacks

…one of the creature's larvae squirms a tad less vigorously, but unfortunately they seem too excited to be totally calmed. It must have been very lonely down here in the dark, with no one to share their diseases with. The matter reamins urgent.

I think we have resolved enough that Chulyin can go at the top of the round now, too.

♪♪♪
Welcome to the Darklands Round 1-2

Party Conditions: Dirge of doom on Seggiatore
Terrain: Ceiling 100' high; dark spots are stalagmites 50' high; muddy puddles difficult terrain. Cave is dark, note your light sources and concealment if needed for Dim light.
Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Chulyin (85/85 HP) │ Lesser antiplague.; Gr. Antidote, Reaction ready (ID / Block 10)
⠀⠀➤ Sarkorian wolf (62/62 HP) │ Immunity fire, Weakness cold 5
Isqulug #1 (-0 HP) │ Stupefied 1; Frightened 1; recharging grossness round 0/?
Seggiatore (66/89 HP) │ Gr. Antiplague; Tricky reaction used, Gnomish doom metal through round 3
Languid Isqulug #L1 (-0 HP) │ Frightened 1, -1 status to attacks (Calm Emot)
Isqulug #2 (-0 HP) │ Frightened 1
➤ Kas (98/98 HP) │ Vital Beacon (5d10), Gr. Antiplague
Orin (132/145 HP) │ Darvkvision, Gr. Antiplague, Shield -19, AOO & 2X Block
Yendi (81/107 HP) │ Gr. Antiplague, Psychic amp Guidance avail.
Tremendous Kohl (69/114 HP) │ Marshal Aura (10' Fear), Gr. Antiplague, AOO Avail.

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 30 (Occultism) on Pulsating Amphibian:
This is an Isqulug — a medium amphibious aberration. It regenerates but is deactivated by cold
DC 40 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 32 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
It's known to spread the disease Isqulugia— a virulent disease with up to 5 stages that begin with sickened, then fatigue, then slowed, then paralyzed, then death, and transformation into a new isqulug. Wish, similar magic, or a 9th-level resurrect ritual can return the victim to life. The new isqulug remains even if the victim is brought back to life. Isqulugia's sickened slowed, and paralyzed conditions can't be removed until this affliction is removed. (Traits: disease, incapacitation, primal, transmutation, virulent) Good thing you drank those antiplagues!

Envoy's Alliance

Human Cleric 9 | HP 98/98 | AC: 27 | F: +15 R: +15, W: +20 | Perception: +17 (E) | Default Exploration: Search

Kas quickly places himself into harms way as he shields Tremendous Kohl's body with his own. "I will weather the blows."

◆ Stride
◆◆ Shield Other (Tremendous Kohl)

Status:

HP 98/98
AC 27 | Resist Cold 5, Fire 5
Focus: 1/1
Spells: (1) | (2) Shield Other | (3) | (4) | (5)

Greater Staff of Healing Charges: 5/5
Healer's Gloves: 1/1
Cloak of Elvenkind Invisibility: 2/2
Wand of Shield Other 1/1

Vigilant Seal

NG Male Human (Sarkorian) Halycon Druid 9 | HP 106/106 | AC 27 (28/29) | F +16 R +16 W +18 | Perc +17 | Stealth +13 | 30 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/1 | wand 1/1 | staff 6/6 | spells 1: 2 2: 3 3: 3 4: 3 5: 1 | halcyon: 1 | Active Conditions: toughness, catfall, resist fire 5, evil 3 (adj. allies), negative 1, cold 1, electricity 1, regenerate 1 hp/min

Chulyin considers the arrangement of the battlefield and the condition of his companions. "Kas. I leave the wounded in your care."

He draws a sign in the air with his staff and speaks eldritch words. The result is a ray of blue energy that lances toward the nearest isqulug. "Take them down but be careful!" he commands the wolf.

◆◆ Cast (V,S): ray of frost vs. #2: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
Cold: 5d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 3, 4) + 4 = 21
◆ Command Animal Companion

1 to 50 of 296 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday XI] GM Doug's Cavern of the Sundered Song All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.