[Gameday XI] GM Zin's CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield (Inactive)

Game Master Zin Z'arin

Tier 4-5 with 4-player adjustment
Slides


501 to 550 of 598 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Paladin 4 - AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 18- HP 36/36 -Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 , Init +3 Perc +2, Sense M +0, Smite 2/2, LoH 4/4, Base Speed 20

Menudo glances over the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

He requests others to look as well. Then, unless someone stops him, he opens the tomb.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 4 | AC: 20/14/17 | HP: 36/36| Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | CMB +8 (+2 sunder), CMD 20 (+2 vs sunder) | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 FT)

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

”I’ve seen these before. They’re made for a specific family. These illustrations here on the outer walls were probably forms of a specific deity. Impossible to tell which, though.” Iladora keeps her sword at the ready behind Menudo.

Will try opening the tomb if he can’t for some reason.


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

The door emits a grinding, sorrowful howl when Menudo pushes it open. The door opens onto a long set of stone stairs that descend along a 15-foot-wide passageway, dimly lit by flaming torches set into wall sconces. The stairs descend to a small room with marble floors before descending further.

Map updated! I've placed your tokens in this small landing room; feel free to rearrange them as you like; there's no rhyme nor reason to my placement.

Sovereign Court

LN (she/her) gnome cleric of Abadar 2 | HP 13 | AC 21/12/20; -6 ACP | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6; +2 vs. illusions | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +5 | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 3/4 |

Zim winces at the shrieking door before pulling out her crossbow. She takes a look around the room at the bottom of the stairs.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

The Exchange

CN Male Halfling Cleric of Calistria 1/Rogue 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, touch 13, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +9 (+10 traps), Sense Motive +7 | Spells: 0 - 3, 1st - 3/3 | Channel 3/3 | Bit of Luck 3/6, Copycat 6/6 | Active Conditions: none | Reroll used

Milo has his crossbow out as well, and stays behind the bruisers in the party unless his questionably legal skill set is needed.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Grand Lodge

Paladin 4 - AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 18- HP 36/36 -Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 , Init +3 Perc +2, Sense M +0, Smite 2/2, LoH 4/4, Base Speed 20

Sensing a threat, but not an immediate one, Menudo tries to activate his Wand of Shield.

UMD DC 20: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Grand Lodge

Paladin 4 - AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 18- HP 36/36 -Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 , Init +3 Perc +2, Sense M +0, Smite 2/2, LoH 4/4, Base Speed 20

D'oh!

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 4, HP 40, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +, Init. +4, Perc. +6

Theron grabs a torch from its sconce.

Be ready...no telling what we might find here... he warns as he heads down the steps, leading the others into the unknown.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 4 | AC: 20/14/17 | HP: 36/36| Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | CMB +8 (+2 sunder), CMD 20 (+2 vs sunder) | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 FT)

If nothing jumps out at them, Iladora will head further down the stairs.

Scarab Sages

N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: none

The Reverend stays close behind, relieved to finally be with his people.


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

As Iladora is about to venture further down the stairs, Zim stops her, noticing what looks like some kind of pit trap! Pit trap marked on map.

Sparks fly from Menudo's wand as he misfires it; it doesn't look like it will work for him again this day!

Sovereign Court

LN (she/her) gnome cleric of Abadar 2 | HP 13 | AC 21/12/20; -6 ACP | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6; +2 vs. illusions | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +5 | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 3/4 |

Zim looks at Milo, assuming he knows how to take care of this problem.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 4 | AC: 20/14/17 | HP: 36/36| Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | CMB +8 (+2 sunder), CMD 20 (+2 vs sunder) | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 FT)

Iladora jumps back from the trap. "Thanks," she says.

The Exchange

CN Male Halfling Cleric of Calistria 1/Rogue 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, touch 13, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +9 (+10 traps), Sense Motive +7 | Spells: 0 - 3, 1st - 3/3 | Channel 3/3 | Bit of Luck 3/6, Copycat 6/6 | Active Conditions: none | Reroll used

When Zim points out the pit, Milo moves up and sets down his crossbow while he works on disabling the trap.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Milo works on disabling the pit, and is able to find a failsafe that locks the pit closed so that it can be safely walked over.

Sovereign Court

LN (she/her) gnome cleric of Abadar 2 | HP 13 | AC 21/12/20; -6 ACP | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6; +2 vs. illusions | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +5 | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 3/4 |

Zim smiles at Iladora. "No problem!"

The Exchange

CN Male Halfling Cleric of Calistria 1/Rogue 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, touch 13, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +9 (+10 traps), Sense Motive +7 | Spells: 0 - 3, 1st - 3/3 | Channel 3/3 | Bit of Luck 3/6, Copycat 6/6 | Active Conditions: none | Reroll used

Milo puts his tools away quickly and efficiently, and retrieves his crossbow. Sighing softly, because he does not want to be in front when they find more trouble, he moves across the pit and studies the next set of stairs.

Perception vs. traps: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 4, HP 40, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +, Init. +4, Perc. +6

I'll watch over you, Milo...I've got your back... Theron says as he rests a meaty hand on the halfling's shoulder to reassure him.

Sovereign Court

LN (she/her) gnome cleric of Abadar 2 | HP 13 | AC 21/12/20; -6 ACP | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6; +2 vs. illusions | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +5 | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 3/4 |

Zim gives Milo an encouraging thumbs up. "You've got this! We believe in you." I hope...

Scarab Sages

N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: none

"Good to see that whoever built this put in precautions against the residents being disturbed. Though better for us that they were not particularly skilled."


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Milo finds no more traps, though when he seals the pit, Milo does find the broken body of one of the traps prior victims. While the body has nearly rotted away, a gleaming, black leather eyepatch--adorned with a ruby--remains, along with a tattered cloak. Sorry, missed this loot yesterday.

You continue to the bottom of the stairs, where a quick examination reveals no further traps on the door either. Pushing the door open, you find something unexpected: a sitting room? While the crypt architecture is clearly an antechamber, this seems to have been repurposed into a reception area. Four iron chairs, two on each side, sit against the walls. Two funeral beds--pushed together to form an "L"-shaped desk--stand in the middle of the room.

Behind the desk is a gold-clad skeleton, writing furiously in a large, lined book with an ink-dipped quill. It raises its gaze to you when you enter. "Welcome to the Grave Wager. Name?"

Scarab Sages

N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: none

The Reverend makes a deep bow and speaks more respectfully than any of you have seen before. "His Austere Holiness, Exarch-Acolyte Rufus Sorrell, Blessed Talon of the Psychopomp of Urgathoa, at your service. And guests." He then stares at his fellow Pathfinders as if to say just because they're dead doesn't mean you don't have to be nice.

Grand Lodge

Paladin 4 - AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 18- HP 36/36 -Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 , Init +3 Perc +2, Sense M +0, Smite 2/2, LoH 4/4, Base Speed 20

Menudo twitches slightly, but stays calm.

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 4, HP 40, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +, Init. +4, Perc. +6

Theron. the fighter says coldly, gripping his morningstar after sheathing his sword. He nods to Red.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 4 | AC: 20/14/17 | HP: 36/36| Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | CMB +8 (+2 sunder), CMD 20 (+2 vs sunder) | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 FT)

Iladora lifts the point of her sword, shocked that a skeleton of all things would address her so casually. ”How dare— she starts to say. But when her ally steps up and speaks to it with deference, she decides to hold her tongue. The mission, remember the mission.

Sovereign Court

LN (she/her) gnome cleric of Abadar 2 | HP 13 | AC 21/12/20; -6 ACP | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6; +2 vs. illusions | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +5 | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 3/4 |

Zim side-eyes Red, but doesn't make an immediate move against the skeleton. She sidles to the left as the enters the room, keeping a close eye on the gold monster as she works her way around towards the door.

The Exchange

CN Male Halfling Cleric of Calistria 1/Rogue 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, touch 13, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +9 (+10 traps), Sense Motive +7 | Spells: 0 - 3, 1st - 3/3 | Channel 3/3 | Bit of Luck 3/6, Copycat 6/6 | Active Conditions: none | Reroll used

The Red Reverend's speech surprises Milo enough that he catches Zim's eye and mouths, "He actually has a name?" But he seems content to let the Urgathoan handle negotiations for now.


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

The skeleton dutifully scratches The Red Reverend and Theron's names in the ledger; it's clear from the time it takes to scratch it down that the skeleton has recorded Red's full name as dictated. It then looks up at Milo--who seems closest to its default line of sight--and repeats "Welcome to the Grave Wager. Name?"

Grand Lodge

Paladin 4 - AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 18- HP 36/36 -Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 , Init +3 Perc +2, Sense M +0, Smite 2/2, LoH 4/4, Base Speed 20

Torn between lying, giving the creature his name, and just killing it, Menudo opts for a (literal) song and dance number...

"They call me Taldan Pete, I'm the king of the rhumba beat
When I play my maracas I go
Chick chicky boom, chick chicky boom

Yes sir I'm Taldan Pete, I'm the craze of my native street
When I start to dance everything goes
Chick chicky boom, chick chicky boom

The senorita, they sing and they swing with terampero
It's very nice, so full of spice
And when they dancin they bring a happy ring that era keros
Singin a song, all the day long."

Perhaps the thing will mistake that for his name?

Untrained Perform: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The Exchange

CN Male Halfling Cleric of Calistria 1/Rogue 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, touch 13, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +9 (+10 traps), Sense Motive +7 | Spells: 0 - 3, 1st - 3/3 | Channel 3/3 | Bit of Luck 3/6, Copycat 6/6 | Active Conditions: none | Reroll used

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Milo's attempt to hide his pained look at Menudo's performance proves...equally unconvincing.

"Milo Nimblefingers," the halfling says in a rush, hoping to move on quickly.

Sovereign Court

LN (she/her) gnome cleric of Abadar 2 | HP 13 | AC 21/12/20; -6 ACP | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6; +2 vs. illusions | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +5 | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 3/4 |

As she continues to slide around the room, Zim attempts to figure out what's with the skeleton, if it's more than just a basic undead.

Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

The Exchange

CN Male Halfling Cleric of Calistria 1/Rogue 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, touch 13, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +9 (+10 traps), Sense Motive +7 | Spells: 0 - 3, 1st - 3/3 | Channel 3/3 | Bit of Luck 3/6, Copycat 6/6 | Active Conditions: none | Reroll used

Oh, right, Milo should roll that, too!

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

The skeleton has no intelligence. It merely records names that it is given.

In the next room, you find defaced statues of an old merchant house, with the nearby shelves rummaged through and the contents destroyed.

The larger adjoining room used to contain many sarcophagi and coffins, but they have clearly all been disturbed recently, the bodies scattered and often eaten. A bridge across the chamber goes over a pool of stinky, rotting carrion.

please give me a fortitude save for crossing the bridge, and place your tokens in the yellow box.

The Exchange

CN Male Halfling Cleric of Calistria 1/Rogue 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, touch 13, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +9 (+10 traps), Sense Motive +7 | Spells: 0 - 3, 1st - 3/3 | Channel 3/3 | Bit of Luck 3/6, Copycat 6/6 | Active Conditions: none | Reroll used

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

The stench of decay makes Milo clap a hand over his nose and carefully and shallowly breathe through his mouth. "And I thought the drunkards' alley behind my first pleasure-house smelled bad," the foppish halfling croaks in disgust.

Sovereign Court

LN (she/her) gnome cleric of Abadar 2 | HP 13 | AC 21/12/20; -6 ACP | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6; +2 vs. illusions | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +5 | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 3/4 |

"Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, EW!" Zim exclaims pulling out a silk handkerchief which she claps to her nose and mouth as the crosses the bridge.

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Unfortunately, she breathes at the exact wrong moment and spews all over the stones.

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 4, HP 40, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +, Init. +4, Perc. +6

fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Better out than in, Zim...

Grand Lodge

Paladin 4 - AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 18- HP 36/36 -Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 , Init +3 Perc +2, Sense M +0, Smite 2/2, LoH 4/4, Base Speed 20

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Scarab Sages

N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: none

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

The Reverend is surprised to find himself retching at the smell.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 4 | AC: 20/14/17 | HP: 36/36| Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | CMB +8 (+2 sunder), CMD 20 (+2 vs sunder) | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 FT)

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Iladora also chooses the wrong moment to inhale, and takes a lungful of the wretched air.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

Everyone but Milo is sickened for ten minutes from the stench.

pausing in case anyone has a way to remove the negative effect, and to let you decide whether to pause to let it pass or not

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 4, HP 40, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +, Init. +4, Perc. +6

i think we wait...10 minutes won't matter ...I hope..lol

Scarab Sages

N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: none

Not built to fix things. Fine with waiting.

Grand Lodge

Paladin 4 - AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 18- HP 36/36 -Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 , Init +3 Perc +2, Sense M +0, Smite 2/2, LoH 4/4, Base Speed 20

Would we need to keep making saves if we wait?

The Exchange

CN Male Halfling Cleric of Calistria 1/Rogue 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, touch 13, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +9 (+10 traps), Sense Motive +7 | Spells: 0 - 3, 1st - 3/3 | Channel 3/3 | Bit of Luck 3/6, Copycat 6/6 | Active Conditions: none | Reroll used

FWIW, sickened is just a penalty. It's not nauseated, which shuts down non-move actions.

Milo sees that the others are having a harder time blocking out the stench, but he has nothing to help them recover more quickly. Instead, he speaks in an urgent whisper, "I know it's bad, but stay alert, everyone. We know there are other undead here. They won't take pity on those with living stomachs." He holds his crossbow at the ready until the others are ready to move on, and strains to hear anything over the pained moans of his companions.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 (+1 to detect traps)
I'm guessing that means he just hears retching...

Grand Lodge

Paladin 4 - AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 18- HP 36/36 -Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 , Init +3 Perc +2, Sense M +0, Smite 2/2, LoH 4/4, Base Speed 20

"Well, it's a good thing I just remember my new power to use my lay on hands to make people not sick. I can do it three times, so myself and two others."


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

I don't hear a decision here yet. You could move over the bridge to the other side and wait, or you can let Menudo take care of part of the party and then move on with two people still sickened. (or move on with more than two still sickened, if you wanted...)

(and yes, sickened is -2 to a bunch of things, nothing more than that)

The Exchange

CN Male Halfling Cleric of Calistria 1/Rogue 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, touch 13, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +9 (+10 traps), Sense Motive +7 | Spells: 0 - 3, 1st - 3/3 | Channel 3/3 | Bit of Luck 3/6, Copycat 6/6 | Active Conditions: none | Reroll used

Milo would prefer to move on, and save the paladin's healing for more urgent emergencies. He's also paranoid enough to expect something to jump out at them before they finish waiting it out--and is surprised nothing has yet.

Scarab Sages

N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: none

"Best get moving before things get worse..."

Sovereign Court

LN (she/her) gnome cleric of Abadar 2 | HP 13 | AC 21/12/20; -6 ACP | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6; +2 vs. illusions | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +5 | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 3/4 |

Zim holds her stomach and swallows reflexively. She pulls out her waterskin and rinses out her mouth, trying to hold her nose at the same time. "Save your healing, Menudo. Let's just go and finish this."

Grand Lodge

Paladin 4 - AC 20 T 11 FF 19 CMD 18- HP 36/36 -Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 , Init +3 Perc +2, Sense M +0, Smite 2/2, LoH 4/4, Base Speed 20

Menudo chooses to heal himself, at least, to get back to fighting form.

"If that is your decision, let us move on."

501 to 550 of 598 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday XI] GM Zin's CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.