Those Halcyon Days II -- All New, All Different

Game Master Stalwart

Moves
Core playbooks


5,601 to 5,650 of 6,140 << first < prev | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | next > last >>

Shin Akebono:

Shin watches as if from a great distance as Indarius powers up his draconic might. The familiar icy rime coats everything around him, but Shin can barely feel it. The darkness filling him is numbing all sensation. Besides, a voice tells him, Indarius's fight is not his.

He feels the sun rising, and he knows he has no place underneath it. He must flee to the dark crypts and sleep the sleep of the dead until night falls. He can nurse his eternal regrets, spending an empty eternity with Valerie as she forever reminds him of his failures.

As the darkness and despair become absolute, a light emerges that resolves itself into a beckoning hand. It's good and wholesome, and his dead heart beats when he realizes it's not a hallucination.

"Shin Akebono. Your sacrifice has proved you worthy to enter the Hall of Heroes. You may cast off that dead shell and be born anew!"

Past the light of the hand, Shin sees swirling motes of light, hundreds, thousands, each offering a new possibility, a new life that he can craft into the person he would like to be!

"This realm is still in need of heroes to fight against the forces that would tear asunder its existence! You need not doubt yourself or your purpose any longer! Enter the Cradle of Creation, Shin! Take upon the mantle of hero, choose your role, your skills, and your strengths!"

The swirling lights pass by Shin's eyes, each one showing a possibility that he is free to choose! He could embrace his heritage and become a mighty samurai, or a skilled and enigmatic monk! He could throw off his old identity entirely and become something truly different -- male or female, elf, dwarf, halfling, or even a yōkai! Other orbs show the skills he could know, like sorcery, alchemy, stealth, music, or martial prowess. He could write his own story, giving himself a clear purpose free of doubts or uncertainty. He could have a loving family who trained him in the ways of goodness, or he could be a hero fighting to avenge a tragic loss! He could give himself a personal quest, such as seeking to find a cure for his beloved who was turned into a vampire just before they were betrothed!

"Do not wallow in the despair of the undead, Shin Akebono. Take upon the mantle of champion! Join the others in the Hall of Heroes!"

If you enter the Cradle of Creation, clear a condition and choose a new fantasy role. If you choose a role with a big difference from your own life (race, gender, skillset), clear another condition. You may also choose to forget your old life. If you do, clear all remaining conditions.

What do you do???

Hall of Heroes:

"I knew we couldn't trust him!" Bron hisses as he brandishes his warhammer.

Agamon raises a staff and a warm light issues forth, countering some of the chilling frost emanating from Indarius. "You've brought it thus far, let us see it through!"

"You don't understand!" Myra shouts as she clutches the symbol around her neck. "We cannot take upon the next quest until this one is seen through!"

"You saw the doors open!" Ty'leth points out. "Maybe if you are with us, you'll be able to pass through? If your goal is to see the Questgiver, why not try that?"

Meanwhile, Shin has pushed himself up to his knees, but doesn't look like he's going to help either side. He seems to be staring off into space.

Rain of Gore:

Neither of the two girls react to the names. "Terrier" slowly gets up, whimpering still, when it's apparent a blow or strike will not be forthcoming. Still looking wary, she moves cautiously to the table of food. She picks up a goblet, checks Caio for any indication of disapproval, then sticks her muzzle in and noisily drinks.

"It might be poisoned, Terrier," the other girl cautions.

"He could just kill us, Skyler." "Terrier" responds through a dripping mouth. She looks at Caio briefly, then gulps down a slice of roasted pork.

"Skyler" nods at the logic of that. She sighs, then sits down at the table and grabs a piece of bread, then pours herself a glass of wine. "So," she begins after taking a sip, "I kill your lieutenant and try to kill you, and now you're feeding us. What're planning to do with us now?"

Princess Castle

Femtite calls for the coach, which is an ornate, lavish carriage with large wheels and a high platform for the driver. It's survived the hellish corruption well enough, but the four large horses have grown reddish scales and their tails have become sinewy snakes. They stomp on the ground, leaving scorched hoofmarks, while demonic attendants load the coach with trunks of the princess's clothes.


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite wordlessly gestures toward the coach as the possessed attendants load the princess’ luggage.

The fire mares are impressive. She watches them stomp about, scorching the earth. The demoness affirms Connie has a safe path to board. Once she is safely seated, Femtite will embark, leaving as much space between herself and the untouchable princess as possible.


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Shin Akebono:
Shin is disgusted. Not with what's being offered. But he's just so damn tempted by it that it's a struggle not to instantly reach for it.

Would it really be so bad to just forget everything that was making him miserable? Maybe - if it was only temporary. But everything that Kyana had said made it seem like going along with this world would entitle making it real and for these people to fully live in it forever.

"...you cannot...have...my pain." Shin mutters, looking up at the hand. "My pain makes me a better person. Maybe if this was just a game, it would be all right to forget my trouble for a few hours. But there's a reason for pain, and that's to make us take care of what's causing it. I can't ignore it forever by pretending to be a white guy with a magic sword and shield in your fantasy world. This shouldn't be permanent."

And he wanted to just fully spit in the face of this. Bite the hand in front of him. Boil over until he laid waste to everything. And then he realized that if he stayed like this, and as the vampire lord...people would be in danger. Because he was already thinking of the horrible things he could do while keeping them alive. He was slipping into that darkness and the vampire in him wanted to commit such atrocities that he was starting to become terrified.

And then he thought of Valerie in the castle, waiting for him and terrified of what she'd become in this world.

"Send her back to the real world. Send Valerie back and I'll play your game. I'm not going to let her go missing and have her sister worried to death where she's gone!"


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Princess Constance stays very still in the coach, and if she's fidgeting her toes beneath her long skirts only she's the wiser.

"I am sorry that I hurt your feelings, My Lady of Babylon. If there had been a lie I could tell you instead... Well. I am sorry."

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Hall of Heroes:

"I already told you I don't want to fight, but I will if you force my hand. If your Questgiver lies beyond those doors then I shall go to him."

He looks down at the vacant Shin, "Horizon, are you still with us, somehow you look even more pale than your vampiric form should allow."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

“What is a demon? A demon is unforgiven and unforgivable.” Silence. Still looking out the window—except her eye betrays her. The glance is less than a second, but enough that eyes meet. “We should congratulate your brother on his choice of the frame for your ex-whore… the pariah among paragons.”

But seeing how Connie’s telling the truth now, Femtite faces her and asks, “Are you actually capable of admitting you’re wrong about anything?”

Despite the demoness’ appearance, her tone isn’t harsh. She is Seriously Asking. It might be apparent to Connie that what appeared to be The Silent Treatment was in fact, or simultaneously, an internal monologue, which Femtite is now externalizing from the middle instead of starting over.

“Because that ‘cognitive dissonance’ you speak of?—you suffer from it as well. Raquel, Gothic, Imagerie… they all told you. The team ganged up on me after an empath and a telepath…” Her voice quavers.

Silence.

Don’t.

Femtite pushes herself to go on with the topic that Connie started: deep hurt, disappointment, trust and lack thereof. “Do you have any idea how deeply hurt I was by the self-righteous taunts—while I was warming rimes of ice off of Chastity’s head? The extreme lack of sensitivity for her—disappointment is not strong enough a word. And my trust of the team is nonexistent because there is no team. We are five individuals who turn on each other like wild dogs and smirk as if tearing a ‘teammate’ down is a win. It’s detrimental to the team, and certainly not classy, so what the f&$& kind of buIIshit name is First G%@~+&ned Class? We should name our ‘team’ honestly: A Bunch of AsshoIes!”

She finally catches her rising tone, eyes widened with guilty pleasure. Because saying ‘asshoIes’ feels good. And the word ‘f&$~’ is like poetry, so full of meaning, passion, emo—

Oh, f@&# me.

“Sorry, Princess. I shouldn’t use such language. F+##in’ demon fra… sorry…”

A thin stream of lava runs from the demon’s eye, onto her lap, then onto the seat. It burns a tiny hole through the seat and corruption ripples, gradually spreading a few inches.

“I was beginning to trust you again. I forgave you—not aloud—I was afraid if I even talked about it, you’d just yell and swear in my face and tune me out like you always, always do when it’s important. But I forgave you in my heart.

“But anyway, Princess Connie, you can’t yell or swear now. Truthfully, I don’t want you trapped into not being fully you. But at the same time, I am tempted—demon body; why fight it then? …I’m tempted to take advantage of the forced etiquette and honesty.

“Just… only if you’re okay with me doing that. If you’re not, or if the truth is Nothing I Say Matters, tell me so and I’ll drop the subject.”

Her question to the princess: “Do you want to know what Chastity’s subconscious told me?”


Shin Akebono:

"You continue to demonstrate heroism, Shin Akebono."

The voice goes silent. Time passes as the swirling motes of possible new lives, near-infinite combinations of skills, bodies, and purpose beckoning Shin choose. It's impossible to gauge the length of time, or if time even exists in the Cradle.

After a maddening length of silence, the voice finally returns. "Valerie has rejected the chance to depart this world. In doing so, she has also proven herself worthy of entry into the Hall of Heroes."

He hears Valerie's voice. "Shin? Is that you? You haven't gone and turned yourself into a Hobbit yet, have you?"

"Valerie Tepe, you have proven yourself worthy. Take upon the mantle of champion, and choose your role."

"Yeah, I figured. Villains never have to deal with crazy s#$~ like this."

What do you do??

Hall of Heroes:

Shin doesn't respond to Indarius.

"Yes, that's where we turn in the key," Kip says. She urges her tiger toward the doors and waves him to follow.

She reaches the doors, but they refuse to open.

What do you do?


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Shin Akebono:
"Valerie..." The relief in his voice surprised even him to hear her voice. "I gave up the key. We need to go find the other keys. Only way to do that is to change our roles. And I don't know what a Hobbit is."

He wishes he could hold her hand. "But the quicker we do this, the quicker we get to go home...and I made a promise to play this game if you were given a chance to leave. So...who do you want to be?"

Shin realizes exactly who he wants to be. And he tells it all.

Accepting the deal fully and going into the role fully to clear all conditions/


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Princess Constance's gaze stays fixed out the window. Her hands are folded in her lap. "I have and do admit to personal shortcomings, errors in judgment, and incorrect conclusions. But it's true, I don't get a lot of practice.

"Now, appropriately for our method of conveyance, you're attempting to rhetorically gallop past me with a torrent of tangentially related, haphazardly targeted, often factually incorrect venom. I accept your hurt as genuine. I do not accept your telling of events as accurate. You have also profoundly misunderstood what it is that my present role restricts or encourages.

"However, I very much do want to know what Chastity's subconscious told you. Please proceed."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

The demoness does not respond to anything except ’please proceed.’

“The Friday that Chastity left school, she did so because she realized that she was in love with an alien and in love with a girl, and both were forbidden. Being gay was going to destroy her life, she said.

“‘Then, just as’ she ‘was about to go insane,’ verbatim, pronouns aside, she ‘understood clearly. Everything’ she ‘hated and feared about’ herself ‘and’ her ‘future was the same thing’ she ‘wanted to love openly and without abandon.’

“In other words, Princess Connie, the Seer’s Truth did as intended; she would have had a psychological breakdown had I not intervened when I had. What I did that hurt her was I gave her access to a truth that was not entirely pleasant. So she took control of her own psyche and locked Femtite away in her Ugly Thoughts.

“This allowed her to love me as Maeve and direct all of her outrage at Femtite. I owe Copperflagert an apology. Seer’s Truth had no side effect.”

Femtite pauses a moment. She feels she’s told all without getting into the overly personal parts.

“The other thing is that she forgave me. ‘I forgive you.’ It was as simple as that. And whether you accept what I just told you as factually correct or not, I forgive you for your handling of the situation and whatever you thought of me then, and apparently, still think of me now.”

Now and forever. Nothing I say matters, she warns herself as she awaits the usual verbal slap.


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Rain of Gore:
"I'm planning on keeping you around until I'm completely sure you are safe." He tells them, while serving himself of some olives, cured meat, terrine and bread.

"Truth being told, I'm not feeling myself today... as if I had been experiencing a horrible nightmare and then realizing it was nothing more than a dream. Or if I was freed from a curse." He tells them, realizing that they thinking him as insane would not matter much.

"I woke up, lets say it, after the battle. My role in all of this war and suffering is unchanged, for this is out of my hands, as if I was nothing but a blood soaked puppet. My actions are still limited, but the little I can make to alleviate some of the suffering, I certainly will."

"This is way I ordered my man not to enter Harrowguard, why I'd have punished Durg for disobeying me if he wasn't dead already and why I won't harm you in the least... this I can do, even if I remain as a monster in your eyes."

Pierce the Mask, Angry: 2d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 3 - 2 = 7
How can I get them to believe Caio is not the monster they think he is?


Hall of Heroes -- outside:

Indarius sees Shin stand up stiffly and walk out of the chamber, where a black coach is waiting. He climbs aboard without a word, and the shadowy coachmen direct the black draft horses to pull away.

Hall of Heroes -- Inside the Sanctum:

The new hero steps into the Hall, striding purposefully past the statues of those fallen in battle or whose tasks are now complete. The statues all lead into the grand atrium, a massive chamber with polished marble floors and a high arching ceiling of cut stone. Roaring braziers throw light and warmth upon the Hall's other occupants -- faces that also show experience and dedication to protect the realm.

The newest hero sees a man in gleaming armor and bearing a sword and shield, a man in wizard robes deeply studying a thick and worn tome, a stout dwarf in mail and carrying a heavy axe, and a lithe elven woman with a curved bow and numerous quivers of arrows.

"Well met," the armored man says in greeting. "I am Valorian. That is Markus, Dargur, and Kyana. I am pleased to see another in the Hall. This is good timing. We have just completed our quest and we shall soon be tasked with a new mission."

The elven woman is looking at the new arrival oddly, but she says nothing. The wizard looks up from his book. "Greetings, friend. Valorian is quite serious. Our world is at stake, and we need all the champions we can get. We're finishing our preparations for--"

Just then, the echoing of footsteps heralds the arrival of someone else into the Hall. Sashaying confidently past the statues, the woman strikes an imposing figure in a glistening blue gown accented with crystals. Her white hair hangs straight past her shoulders to the small of her back. She brushes a strand away from her face, her blue eye shadow making her eyes sparkle as she checks out the other new hero.

"'Sup. Oh, I mean, 'Greetingeth fellow heroes. How doeth you do?' F*!# this is so stupid."

Rain of Gore:

"Skyler" looks skeptical, but "Terrier" listens to Caio with wide-eyed interest.

"Wow. So you were cursed? By who, you think?"

"Don't believe him. It's a trick," Skyler growls. She stops eating and stays in her chair, eyeing Caio venomously. "Doesn't change the fact that my brother's dead, along with a hundreds of other good men!"

Terrier looks down in her lap.
Terrier already seems to believe Caio, but Skyler will take a lot more convincing. She might not ever, if her brother is really slain.

The silent treatment by the ladies rages for a while. Terrier is mostly deep in thought, but the naked hostility on Skyler's face belies her attitude.

All of a sudden, a familiar portal swirls open with its slimy cooked-pasta edges. "Hello? Is this thing on?" comes Bill Britannica's voice. His scarred face appears on the other end. "Hey! Caio! Can you hear us?"

"I'm sure he can. It's working," Xeno says. "Hello, Rain. Lucidity contacted us. Told us we should look for you. You're in quite the simulation, aren't you? How does it feel?"


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Rain of Gore:
"You are quite right." He admits to Skyler. "With an epiphany or not, if I've really been freed from a curse or if I'm just going out of my way to trick you two, it will ever change the past."

"My men did kill hundreds today. I've killed a fair share of them and it is quite possible that I killed your brother myself." He says, eyeing the girl with his girlfriend's face. "But the future is still uncertain."

"Anything good act I do from now on will matter, even if my soul is forever doomed. Any good act taken in place of a bad one matters. Any..."

Caio's lecture is cut short by Will's appearance, causing him to smile and releases his breath in relief. "Hi Will. Yes, I can hear you."

"I don't really know what is happening, but I'm some sort of ruthless general here, wherever here is. I've talked to Lucidity, which is the Oracle here and I've in front of me two girls that are identical to one of the Mongrels, Terrier, and my girlfriend, Skyler." He explains, curious to see "Skyler's" reaction to the revelation that she is sort of his girl.

"I feel like I was put inside the head of someone else. I have this general's memory, which are horrible, and he looks like me but a couple years older... I'm also carrying a key with me which seems to be magical."

"Lucidity thinks this key is something very important and I believe her. I do not understand it, but I can feel its power. Do you have anything to help me get out? Or at least can you check if Skyler and Terrier are fine? I'm not sure if these girls are them or not... they do not remember me."

Ask for Help: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 2 = 5
When you ask the Corps for additional resources, equipment, or information during a mission, roll + Soldier. On a hit, they’ll resupply you as best they can. On a 10+, the resources are highly classified or experimental; take +1 ongoing to deploying them throughout the mission. On a miss, the Corps sends what they think you need, regardless of what you actually requested.


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Sanctum of Heroes:
Standing over six and a half feet tall, the imposing figure crosses arms of solid muscle over his chest. His skin is tinted a strange pale blue, and his long, shiny black hair is pinned up in a knot in the back. Two small horns jut out from his brow, both looking like they had once been longer but something had snapped them off and left them jagged. A tall halberd is strapped to his back in a leather holster, while on his belt he carries a few knives and other trophies like fangs of beasts that look to be longer than his fingers.

"I am Raiden," He says with a voice like the low rumble of thunder. "The world is always at peril. But it is good that you now have me, for with it, victory is assured." He boasts, staring down at the small elven woman. "Once it is achieved, I will claim my own lands to rule, and all will know the fortune and generosity of having me as their leader."

He notes the arrival of the new woman, drinking in her form like a man dying of thirst finding an oasis. "Such an unparalleled sight. How should I address you? Queen? Empress? Surely you come from noble origin," He says to her. "I will hope to learn more of later. I must unfortunately focus on the quest ahead."


Sanctum of Heroes:

"Ooookay. >cough< I'm, ah, Elise. My dad got lost in a blizzard once, was rescued by the, um, Snow Witch, and had to, like, promise her his firstborn. Which was me. So I, you know, learned from her and now I use my powers for good." Her cheeks redden. "Because, well, the world needs heroes and is in peril, and, um, oh, f+&% it I can't do this just let me forget."

Dargur moves over to her. "Hey, lass, ye're here, all right? That means yer worthy, and I'll be happy to stand beside ye."

"Indeed," Markus agrees. "The Snow Witch is legendary in her power. If you've learned even a fragment from her, you will be a boon to us."

Elise looks uncertain. "Really? I thought I just made her up."

"She is enigmatic, to be sure. But as real as you and I. Or else, how would you be here?" Markus asks, making Elise look more bewildered than ever.

"Nice to meet you, Raiden," Kyana greets him, looking him up and down. "You certainly... look capable. Tell me, what sort of questions will you have for the Questgiver? We won't get many. Maybe we could confer quickly before it's time?"

Rain of Gore:

While Caio explains his situation, Xeno holds up one of his strange devices, but takes care not to cross the plane of the portal. The girls watch with rapt fascination, but don't seem fazed by being called out as an ex-Mongrel or a girlfriend.

"You called it a simulation, right Alan?" Scar asks. "Like a computer?"

"It's way more than that. It's magic, for one. And ordering itself into a nearly functional reality. Still needs power though. Enough people feeding their energy into it might sustain it. Only..." he points the scanner in the direction of the two girls, "...yep. Shells. Not real."

Xeno waves around the scanner and consults it, then gives Caio a reassuring grin. "Don't feel bad if you've killed anyone in there. Or, you know, not too bad. No life force in them. They're probably identical to people you know because you lack any Talent that the magic realm can draw on to sustain itself around you. You're practically a dead zone of creativity.

"That key, though... that's interesting. It's got some sort of corresponding link to the real world... not sure where or why. Hmm..."

Scar rubs his hands together. "Shall we?" He steps like he's about to jump through.

"No!" Alan yells. "You'll get caught up in the simulation too. Probably forget yourself in whatever new role the world needs -- and given what you are? You'll probably be a monster in there. Your strength will override Caio's dead zone."

"Then should the kid jump out?"

The alien shakes his head. "He's not in danger. At least, he shouldn't be. And having someone on the inside will help solve this mystery. I have an idea, though." Xeno disappears from sight for a few moments.

He comes back holding up a basic walkie-talkie. "Catch this. We should be able to talk across the barrier once Scar and I get to Halcyon. Just don't give it to anyone who's not a Shell, otherwise their Talent will turn it into something appropriate to the world. Got it?"

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Hall of Heroes-- outside:

Indarius turns as Horizon stands and walks away to get into a carriage like some mindless zombie. "Horizon? Horizon!" Shouting for him with abject horror in his voice he turns back to the door with a grumble.

"I will be seeing your Questgiver now, weather he likes it or not."
He strides forth towards the doors and gives them a push with his draconic frame. Placing one of his great paw-hands on the wood and leaning into it. "Quincy Mathers! I Indarius of Halcyon city come to you!"

When the great hall doors refuse to budge he growls at them, "Oh, no no you take one of my friends from me again, you do NOT get to shut me out."

Unleash: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6
A miss on unleash, that's almost a first for Indy, but hey potential


Hall of Heroes -- outside:

Indarius bellows and claws at the doors, using his great frame to try to force the doors open! His size and power should break these doors into kindling; his muscles bulge beneath his scales and his claws dig great furrows into the wood.

Yet the door refuses to budge. His roaring demands go unanswered by the one he calls out to, but there is a response. A heavy chain surges from beyond the row of columns and clamps down on Indarius's jaw! Another finds his tail and lashes it to the floor! More heavy links burst up from the ground and loop across the dragon's great bulk and start to pull him down! The chain on his muzzle keeps his jaws from opening wide, and also pulls his head to the floor. More chains pin his wings down, preventing their movement as he suddenly feels trapped and panic surges!

No matter how hard Indarius drives against the chains, they pull him closer and closer to the ground until he feels his belly pressed against the marble floor! The chains continue to ratchet tight until he can barely move!

Indarius, you are trapped!


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Sanctum of Heroes:
"Hmm. Adopted daughter of a witch. I am no fan of spellcraft, but it has its uses," Raiden says, shrugging his broad shoulders. "I was once enslaved as a pit fighter in the Badlands, ruled by a conclave of evil wizards who enjoyed the sport of watching men die at the hands of their eldritch experiments. I will have my revenge on them one day. The Archmage Dusk especially," He sneers.

He looks to Kyana. "What questions do I need to ask? Will the Questgiver not tell us where to go and what to slay to accomplish our task?" He asks. "All-knowing seers should speak plainly and avoid poetry if they expect us to work quickly!"

His attention drifts back to the snow witch's apprentice. "Perhaps your witch mother knows more than the Questgiver. I've heard it said that the ice of her realm can see things from great distances away. Perhaps she's told you something in kind of the keys of our quest?"

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Hall of Heroes -- outside:

Indarius struggles against the chains, "No! No-hrmg" he continued to struggle and rumble the entire way to the floor. The thoughts of what may have happened to Horizon, what might happen to him now that he was pinned, the thought of what might happen to everyone now that he'd failed flooded in breaking through the draconic arrogance that he'd built up to protect himself here.

After several more moments of struggling against the chains he finally stopped and the feeling of hopelessness that he had when Mathers Senior had him trapped flood over him. The grumbling roar of defiance becomes more of a whine of panic and pain from the chains. Indarius seems to fall into just breathing in his current predicament, no longer able to address the adventurers that could either steal from him or simply kill him right here.

It wasn't just a worry that he'd die, or that they'd take his key and doom him to whatever fate Shin had gone through. But this was his exact terror come true about the real world. To be captured by those he should be able to trust, no longer able to control what happens to himself, his things, his friends, his family.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Princess Constance nods unsmiling. "You were incredibly fortunate. On many, many counts. I do think that thus far, on balance, your actions have done Chastity more good than harm though not as much good or as little harm as you represent. Those positive ways in which events have transpired, however, do not answer for your choices.

"You were lucky; you were also obscenely reckless so as to require that good fortune. You were transparently self-interested and only appealed to the very worst devils on your shoulder for guidance. You are determined not to see any of this, and reflexively lash out whenever I decline to pretend you acted in an admirable manner, or at least solely out of pure motives. You do this all using tools with which I am far, far too familiar, and which fill me with fear for your future.

"You do understand, I hope, that I do not seek any penalty for your actions. I fear only because of the choices you made when you yourself were afraid and thwarted, and how you fiercely, angrily cling to the delusion that you were not only right but righteous, instead of merely successful. I fear what that may portend for your future.

"I do hope that given the depth and breadth of the venom with which you so recently filled my ears, you'll forgive me if your forgiveness itself strikes those ears as rather barbed, and offered primarily in service to your own self-conception. After all, trusting to your words and conclusions, I am the one who cannot lie."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

The demoness endures Connie’s speech. Slap, slap, slap, slap. No F-bomb. She does not respond to it.

“On the matter at hand, Princess, I believe your brother is testing us. He put us both in positions with limited agency. You lacked any ability to escape that tower until you gave me control over this demonic vessel.

“In other words, your ability to escape the tower was my choice. I had to grant you the freedom you craved.

“But I have a craving of my own: to reverse my corruption which continues to flow from me. I cannot do this without the key, which only you can choose to provide.”

She lets a wave of bitterness pass.

“…or not. I have no ability to convince you of anything, as you have sufficiently demonstrated.”

Femtite contemplates what to do about her own prison—the body she’s trapped in, if Connie refuses to help.

Assess: 2d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 - 2 = 8
• What here can I use to attract the attention of the heroes who seek my death?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hall of Heroes -- entrance:

Ty'leth deftly reaches for the satchel, uses a knife to slice it open, and retrieves the key. He meets Indarius's eyes, looking slightly apologetic that it had to come to this, but he doesn't say anything.

Bron, however, looks tempted to deliver a killing blow. He stands over the trapped dragon as he considers slamming his warhammer down upon the back of Indarius's neck, ending the threat to Whitehelm for good.

He sighs and slowly shakes his head. "There is no honor in this." He joins his companions at the great doors, which open effortlessly for them. Golden light spills forth as they step through, feeling warm and unpleasant against his scales.

The doors slam shut with a thud that echoes across the chamber and Indarius is alone under the pressing weight of the chains anchoring him to the floor. Thoughts about his failure and his future become bleak.

The silence amongst the columns is oppressive.

Time drags along in the still and quiet and helplessness of his situation. Then, a voice echoes in his ears.

"Indarius, you have failed. You have failed to protect that which you were charged to guard. You may yet prove yourself, however. There are two more keys in need of protection.

"Yet, your failure requires a cost. You will serve one of the guardians of the key."

Indarius sees two hazy and stylized images floating before him. One is a demonic figure made of blazing fire, but otherwise reminding him somehow of Max. The other is a brooding armored warrior wielding a black sword that seems to drink in the light.

"Choose your new master. Under the demoness Eisheth, you will be reborn into fire as Charceryon! Or serve General Costa in shadows and darkness as Umboriax!"

What do you do??

================
A Demon's Carriage Ride

The coach travels at a steady pace along the road, the land passing by no longer showing the signs of corruption as in the palace.

The conversation between the princess and the demon raises uncomfortable truths to be explored in detail later, but the demon turns her attention on how she could find the heroes in this world.

It occurs to her that waiting in one place is certain to draw them eventually, rather than be a moving target. But moreso, she hasn't been paying attention to their surroundings. Nothing inside the coach will help, but maybe the features of this fantastical land might help.


Sanctum of Heroes:

Kyana nods slowly while speaking with Raiden. "The Questgiver will speak plain enough. We've not failed so far." She sighs and steps back when he turns to Elise.

The ice witch is running a finger across her teeth when the former pit fighter speaks to her again. "Hmm? Oh, um... all I really know is that there are keys, and we need to get them to save the world. I don't know how they're supposed to do it. I guess they'll unlock something, right?" she smiles at him.

A trumpeting fanfare interrupts any further conversation as a group of five more heroes approach. A bald wizard, a woman in clerical robes, a child-sized woman riding a tiger, a tall and muscled warrior, and a lean elf with gray skin and white hair appear triumphant in am adjacent chamber. The other heroes immediately move to greet them.

Elise shrugs at Raiden and follows. The dark elf holds a bejeweled key aloft and the other champions offer a loud "huzzah" at the accomplishment. At the far end of the chamber, a massive bronze door bound by intricate locks looms ominously. One heavy chain and padlock is already detached.

"Ooookay. That answers that," Elise mutters as the newly-arrived champions all carry the key to the next lock. The key practically jumps into the socket and turns, causing the sound of heavy tumblers and gears to echo dimly within the door. With a final mechanical groan, a giant bracing bar across the door unlatches and falls to the floor.

A brief celebration follows in an adjoining room that appears as a warm and inviting lodge house. The heroes congratulate each other and they tell summaries of their respective quests over mugs of ale or goblets of wine and plates of food.

Elise clutches her stomach and her cold blue eyes go impossibly wide. "I... I think I'm hungry. For food!" She rushes over to the table and begins sampling the delights, nearly collapsing with pleasure over each morsel.

Kyana greets the dark elf with a deep and passionate kiss. "When you didn't greet me before, I thought you'd forgotten about me," he says when they come up for air.

"I... well, there was a lot going on. Vampires and dragons, you know."

"One of each. But I understand. You are forgiven, my love." They kiss again

Kyana breaks the kiss early. "There were two vampires, I'll have you know," she teases, then looks over to Elise and Raiden. "Which reminds me. You need to meet the two new champions just arrived in the Hall."

Kyana takes the gray-skinned elf by the arm and leads him to where Elise is gushing over a bowl of bright red strawberries. "Ty'leth of the Undercaverns, I'd like you to meet, Raiden and V-- I'm sorry, Elise, right?"

"Mmm."

"Well met," Ty'leth offers a firm handshake to Raiden and a courtly bow to Elise. "My other companions are Agamon, Myra, Bron, and Kipple, with her tiger Jade."


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Rain of Gore:
"Humm... good to know." He says, once told the girls aren't really Skyler and Terrier. Since Caio has always considered himself a creative person, being called a dead zone of creativity was surprisingly disturbing. "I'll try my best not to get even remotely close to a medieval brothel then." Just the thought of seeing an older whore doing her work and suddenly having the same face as his aunt or mother was stomach turning.

Caio got really curious about Alan's comment about Bill becoming a monster here "considering what he was". He'd definitely look into that later. He catches the walkie-talkie, which seems ridiculous amid the medieval set. "Got it."

"Alan, you mentioned these people aren't real, but that this place is ordering itself into a reality. If it does, will them become real?" He wonders, because then the bunch of dead fictional characters he had killed would be prevented to become real, which was closer to him killing real people.

"Also, what happens if someone from real life dies in here? Lucidity mentioned I should protect the key and that 'heroes' will come looking for it. I'm pretty sure they'll try to kill me, so it would be nice to know if I can fight them in equal terms."

From time to time he glances to the girls, looking at their reaction to the whole think. Overhearing they were not real would probably be troubling.


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Sanctum of Heroes:
There was a feeling in Raiden that ached empathetically with Elise as she indulged in the feast. Was he thinking of his childhood starving and fighting for scraps of bread? Somehow he didn't think that to be true.

Go to her, you idiot.

Raiden steps up next to the snow sorceress, pouring a goblet of sweet wine for her and for himself and offering her one. "You sake your hunger like a sprouting bud reaching for the first warm rays of the day," He comments, glancing back at the others. Something about Kyana and the dark elf is off-putting to him but he can't quite place it.

"I am not yet certain how far I may trust these 'seasoned' adventurers. I fear they still hold secrets close to their breast. I would be wary and cautious alone with them. In time, perhaps they will prove to be true. If not, I could see us splitting off and seeking fortune elsewhere. Good food, great wine, and excellent companionship can be found in many halls." He notes to her, a smile on his lips and the faint charge of electricity in his skin.


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

“Contemplate my words at your leisure.”

Femtite’s demonic form bursts into sparks! —she’s gone!


Above the Carriage:
The demoness soars above the moving carriage, wondering if a view from a higher altitude will do any good.

In addition, she tries tapping into her demonic powers to get a sense of sin. Are there heroes about that the real Eisheth would choose to corrupt? Or if not, where might I await them?

Unleash Devilish Temptation: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5) + 3 = 11
• Extend senses


Sanctum of Heroes:

Kyana and Ty'leth step away to enjoy each other's company. "How much time before the next Questgiving?" "Not enough. Never enough." She leaps into his arms and he carries her off to a secluded alcove.

Elise stares after them for a second then quickly turns away, only to be confronted by Raiden's flirting. "Yes, we should keep our eyes open," she agrees, accepting the cup from him.

She meets his eyes as she tilts the goblet to her lips. The rim sparkles with frost that hadn't been there before. " You talk nice this way. What you say sounds... like a grand adventure. But not every hall has food to my liking." She continues the eye contact while she plucks another strawberry from the bowl. Its bright red flesh a stark contrast to her pale blue lips as she bites into it.

"The Snow Witch expects me to return to her when this task is complete. If I don't, my father's life will be forfeit. The Witch is cruel, I know. But winter has always been this way. Be warned, warrior. There is ice in my heart," she says breathily.

Rain of Gore:

Scar looks at Xeno with a frown. "I wouldn't suggest dying as an experiment. It might kill you, it might boot you out, or it might reset you somehow. The rules are... not something I can just scan for."

"You scan for that kind of crap all the time," Bill snaps.

"This is different."

"Different how?"

"Cause I'm looking at it through a window with a lot of protective barriers so the world doesn't seep into Chicago."

Xeno turns back to Caio. "Best I got. Sorry. But you're used to not killing folks and not dying, so keep it up. As for the Shells, it's doubtful they'll become real people. Not for generations, at least, if this place stabilizes. They're like, computer game people. More or less."

The portal starts closing. "Give us a few hours to get prepped and get to Halcyon. Good luck."


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Rain of Gore:
"Well, I'll do my best then." He says. "This place is really interesting, but it is the second time I'm brought here to play as the villain. Not really great." He waves to the others as the gate closes.

With the Corps gone, he turns to the two non-real girls. "So... there is that." It is something strange to care and not to care for them at the same time. True that they are not real, but in this world, knowing that doesn't really change how he feels. "You've got somewhere else you'd rather be? I can escort you there. Don't feel you are much pleased being here."


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Sanctum of Heroes:
"There are fools who think that because I have the physique of a god that I have the mind of an animal. But I allow it because the advantage is their surprise when they realize how much they've underestimated me," Raiden says. He takes the strawberry she's bitten into with two fingers, and takes a bite for himself to experience the chilled taste of her lips secondhand.

"I do not fear the ice in your heart. Hold yourself fast to me and you will find it melts swiftly as I comfort you, Elise," He rumbles, his callused fingers wiping away the juice on her lips. "As for your wicked warden, I will work to aid you in freeing your father. And when I have conquered my own kingdom, you and he will have a place in my court of your liking."

How many hidden alcoves were in this place? Raiden pondered this while considering how quickly he might be able to whisk this ice maiden away to one...

Okay, it's fun, but we'll probably be given our quest soon and she's not going to just go along with our advances right now. Try and focus - get the keys, get us out of here.

"I wonder, do I need a key to unlock the path to your heart, maiden? Or will you guide me there willingly?"

...Wow, I've read too much pulp.


Sanctum of Heroes:

Elise's expression changes subtly when Raiden touches her lips. He finds them cool and soft. "The path to my heart needs no key, but it is treacherous. It will not open for empty promises of riches that one does not yet possess."

The corner of her mouth twists upward in a cold, yet not disinviting smile. Her eyes drop to wander over his frame appreciatively. "I've no doubt that your blood runs hot, king of a domain yet to be conquered. But I am fated to be greater than a mere consort."

She looks back into his eyes and lays an ice-cold hand on his chest over his heart. "To tame me, your blood will have to boil."

Elise's breath suddenly catches and she pulls back. She smooths the front of her gown and quickly snatches up the goblet of wine only to discover it's frozen solid. Trying to recover, she smirks at Raiden. "Later. Hopefully. But, later."


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Sanctum of Heroes:
Wow...she is really getting into her role. But at least she's piloting instead of observing.

Raiden grins appreciatively as Elise trades flirtatious quotes like they were dueling. "Later then. As a scion of the storm, you'll see how hot lightning can strike and melt away your resistance," He quips, offering her his still liquid goblet to replace her solidly frozen one. "For now, let us feast and get to know those we may rely on to keep our heads."

He turns to the others in the party that haven't suddenly sequestered themselves. "How much longer do we have to revel before the Questgiver has his task for us? I wish to know if there's time for a challenge or two!" He says, glancing at Bron. "Surely you would take me up for a test of strength?"

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Hall of Heroes - Entrance:

Indarius's large icy blue eye stares at Ty'leth as he cuts away the key, and in that instant his breath quickens again, as if he'll attempt to break out and lash out at the adventurers. But the eyes are pleading with Ty'leth and his companions as they pass by, a muffled scream resonating within his clamped shut jaw. He almost wishes Bron would put the hammer down, just to end his streak of failures.

Then they are gone and Indarius is left to his own deafening silence filled only with the guttered sobs in his throat and the harsh rustling of chain as he breaths and shifts. 'Why... everytime I trust someone, everytime I hope they'll be better they put the knife in my back.'

DM Stalwart wrote:

"Indarius, you have failed. You have failed to protect that which you were charged to guard. You may yet prove yourself, however. There are two more keys in need of protection.

"Yet, your failure requires a cost. You will serve one of the guardians of the key."

Indarius sees two hazy and stylized images floating before him. One is a demonic figure made of blazing fire, but otherwise reminding him somehow of Max. The other is a brooding armored warrior wielding a black sword that seems to drink in the light.

"Choose your new master. Under the demoness Eisheth, you will be reborn into fire as Charceryon! Or serve General Costa in shadows and darkness as Umboriax!"

He wanted to scream at Quincy, to berate him and ask why he would do this, but that was impossible with his body chained, trapped, helpless again. The knife felt even worse the second time and that hatred boiled Indarius's chilled blood.

'I wanted you to be better than your father, trapping people against their will, stripping them of choice, all in the search for power. Fine I'll play your damn game. I tried to be nice, I tried to be reasonable and speak to you and you shut me out. I'll end every hero you throw at us, because you wanted a monster! SO YOU'LL GET YOUR F$%~ING MONSTER!'


Rain of Shadow:

"We can go home?" Terrier asks timidly. The two girls had been clinging to each other during Caio's talk with the Corps. As late as it's gotten, both are showing signs of exhaustion.

"What's home? Just someplace else under his thumb."

The pair fall back into a sullen silence until they doze off, which gives his own weariness a chance to catch up on him by surprise.

Caio is startled awake by a messenger entering his tent. "My lord General! You have visitors!" The seasoned soldier is ashen and trembling.

When back in his armor and outside, Caio sees on a low hill overlooking the battleground a pair of dark figures outlined against the breaking dawn. Something in his role tells him that he shouldn't keep them waiting any further, so he promptly ascends the hillock to stand before them.

Up close, they pair remain shrouded in dark robes that obscure their features, though one certainly appears to be the one in charge. "General Costa," he begins, and as soon as he speaks Caio knows it's male and more, the voice sounds terribly familiar. "We are surprised to see your forces outside the walls. When we tasked you with taking Harrowguard, we did not care whether you left even a single brick standing. Your restraint is... unusual for one with your reputation."

"No matter," the other one says, also male and also with a frustratingly familiar voice. "Word has reached our ears that the heroes of this realm are marshalling their own forces. We have decided to provide you with... reinforcements."

Before Caio can protest, the lead robed figure begins a low, resonant chant and starts weaving his hands in wide elaborate gestures. The ground trembles and a shadow passes before the tepid light of the dawn. Low clouds hanging inthe sky go from white and gray to black, blotting out the first rays of dawn!

The once-golden light of the sun now obscured and dim, heavy shadows lay upon the land. The lead wizard continues to chant, causing a inky black shape to dislodge itself from the darkest shadow. With a roar, it resolves itself into a black dragon made of stygian darkness!

"Behold! Umboriax!" the second wizard says triumphantly. "He will serve you well."

What do you do??

Above the Carriage:

Eisheth/Femtite flies upwards into the air leaving a trail of smoke behind her. Bore aloft by her fiery wings, she surveys the territory within her sight. The sliver of road the carriage has traveled leads back towards the distant towers of the castle high on its outcropping, with faint wafts of smoke rising from its battlements.

Looking forward, the road winds out of sight through a lush and sylvan forest. Farther off in the distance, hazy patches of white look almost like banks of fog except they feel off. Less like whatever lay underneath is obscured by mist and more like some great artist took an eraser and smudged away the detail. As Femtite looks around more, she sees more of these patches far away, making this fanciful land appear quite unfinished.

Her desire to find heroes, unfortunately, is not fulfilled. She sees plenty of interesting features around, such as mirror-like lakes, distant mountains, and rolling plains. All of which her demon side could potentially corrupt, but that's not interesting.

As she keeps looking, she spots just a few miles in the distance a strange twisting arch that glitters in the morning light just at the entrance to the fey wood.


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Above the Carriage:
Femtite surveys the land. So beautiful… why couldn’t Connie just let me fix what I’d broken?

She then thinks of how Chastity prays, and is Connie’s brother not the god of this world? So she tries praying to him—

Provoke: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 + 1 = 10
• Spending Team selfishly by abandoning Connie! Danger down, Savior up!

—flying toward the distant arch as she calls out to the sky! The sparkling Sylvan architecture is so peaceful even from afar!

“Creator, if you can hear me, this world is so beautiful and vast! I am saddened by my tendency to corrupt anything I touch, such that my most prominent desire is to be vanquished.

“I was wondering if, perhaps, you could send heroes my way… but, as I gaze upon the Sylvan gate I cannot help but wonder if I might appease you with an offering in the Realm of Halcyon.

“There, I have fey treasure, which I may be willing to part with. Of course, I would not relinquish my Fairy Dust merely to shed this demon skin.

“I want my sacrifice to be worth my while. Perhaps ‘bargain’ is the better word. Can we talk?”


Connie no longer hears the fiery roar of overhead wings!
Spent team selfishly by abandoning Connie!

(The coachman’s order was to deliver Princess Constance to General Costa.)


Sanctum Heroem:

Looking slightly dazed, Elise nods. "Yes. Getting to know the others... good idea. Yep. I mean, you are correct, Raiden." She shimmies her shoulders a little and gives him one last smile before slipping away.

Raiden finds most of the others split off in pairs or trios and in private conversations. Valorian and Myra are talking seriously, but nowhere near as intensely as Markus and Agamon who are politely arguing over something in a large book. Bron and Dargur are laughing about something, while Kip is using her tiger as a cushion and dozing off.

The good humor of the two warriors doesn't dissipate when Raiden approaches about a test of strength. They wave him over and pass a mug into his hand. "Aye, maybe an hour at most," the dwarf tells him about their time before the Questgiving. "This lot still have to claim their quest rewards."

"Which gives us time for a challenge," Bron rumbles after draining his mug. He shoves some empty plates aside to clear a spot, and presents his arm for wrestling.

What follows is a raucous affair as Bron and Raiden pit their raw strength against each other. Raiden easily wins the first round and only barely wins the second round. Bron apparently had been testing the newcomer, and wins the next two in matches that has most of the heroes gathered around and cheering.

The final tiebreaker match pulls even Ty'leth and Kyana out of their alcove to see who will reign supreme. Both contestants are breathing heavily and have a sheen of sweat. They clasp their hands once more, and the tiebreaker begins. Both Bron and Raiden tremble with exertion as they pit their last reserves of strength against each other. The clasped hands waver back and forth as the onlookers cheer with each inch budged.

Yet, before one hand falls making the other triumphant, a blasting fanfare of horns sounds throughout the hall. The contest suddenly aborted by the urgent call to arms, the heroes all laugh in satisfaction at the ultimate tie between the two warriors.

The mirthmaking ends as the champions gather their weapons and gear quickly and make their way into the grand central chamber. Elise stands close to Raiden as the heroes form a circle around a large basin filled with clear water.

A clear voice echoes through the chamber, soft and almost feminine though sounding weary as if burdened with great knowledge. "Welcome, heroes. The day soon arrives where Harrowguard and its champions will face their greatest test. Events are in motion even now, as forces realign and chaos threatens to unmake this realm. Forces from beyond this reality have broken through to twist the minds and souls of the free peoples of this land."

Elise arches an eyebrow at Raiden, a question in her eyes. Everyone else is intently staring at the water, which has taken a mirror-like sheen. Images begin to form.

"The dragon Indarius is defeated and the vampire Shinigami is left to brood within his castle. Do not doubt, these are great victories. But more is needed. The remaining keys are moving." An image of a white dragon in chains appears and then is replaced with a sullen man in a high-backed chair staring at an empty pedestal.

The image fades and shows a fairy-tale castle wreathed in flames. "The demon captor has taken the fair Princess Constance from her castle and has led her into the fae-infested woods. Heroes are needed now, no longer to assault the demons that control the castle, but to brave the cruel and capricious fae to rescue the princess and the key she wears. The basin shows a beautiful princess fearfully running through dark woods while gnarled tree branches grasp at her.

"Worse still, the cabal of dark wizards have dispatched the ruthless General Costa and his horde of soldiers against the good people of Harrowguard! The Archmage Dusk has even supplied the cruel general with the shadow drake Umboriax!" The image pans over a bloodied battlefield strewn with bodies and ending at a dark, armored figure overlooking the carnage. A fearsome dragon-shaped shadow lurks behind him.

"Champions. Heroes. You are called upon to rescue Princess Constance and to wrest the key from General Costa. The realm cannot thank you enough. Know that if you fall, your names will forever be etched within the Halls of Heroes. Select your quest, and may Ninavae watch over you all."

The pool divides into two images, one showing a lovely princess in peril within a dangerous forest, while the other shows a hulking armored figure.

The heroes all take a moment to absorb the information. Kipple moves first, stepping over to dip her hand into the water beneath the mission to rescue the princess. She takes a drink, then has Jade lap some of the water from her hand.

Valorian nods in approval of Kip's choice. "Hmm. Your knowledge of the forest would be invaluable. And as much as I would relish the chance to pit swords against the evil general, I must follow my pledge to assist the royal line whenever they are in need." He too goes to the basin and drinks from the water.

"They don't choose for us, we gotta choose?" Elise asks, nervousness touching her voice. "F~~%"

"Indeed, ice witch," Agamon says in an encouraging tone. "I have magics that can hold back a horde, at least for a time. I will take on the General." He drinks from that basin.

Elise looks to Kyana, then to Raiden.

What do you do??

Above the Carriage:

New rule: spending team selfishly when you already have a +3 in the stat gives you a temporary +4 for the move, but then it returns to +3 and you take a condition for the attempted (temporary) label shift.
(Insecure taken)

Femtite flies through the air, calling out to the Powers That Be in this realm, offering a bargain in a bid to throw off the demonic form she was cursed with.

Nearing the strange arch, and by extension, the forest itself, her imploring words seem to quiet the regular sounds of nature. A hush falls across the trees as even the wind seems to hold its breath.

Femtite wrote:

"There, I have fey treasure, which I may be willing to part with. Of course, I would not relinquish my Fairy Dust merely to shed this demon skin.

“I want my sacrifice to be worth my while. Perhaps ‘bargain’ is the better word. Can we talk?”

"A bargain is well and good if you must,

in exchange for a pinch of fairy dust!"

Femtite feels her fire quench with a hiss, and her world goes dark!

Demonic Carriage Ride

Princess Constance feels the carriage pick up speed immediately after Femtite exits the cabin. Peeking out the window, she can see the trees and bushes along the road race at an alarming pace. The carriage also begins jostling roughly and even bouncing up and down!

Flying at a reckless pace, the carriage enters a dark forest without slowing down! Constance sees the trunks of great hoary trees pass by as the light dims to near twilight levels. Any shouts or demands to slow down go unheeded by the coachmen as the carriage veers through sharp turns on two wheels and hit dips in the road with bone-jarring force.'

Finally, the abuse is too much for the poor carriage to bear and the rear axle snaps with a sharp crack, followed by the wheel spinning off in a wild direction! The coach flips on its side, tossing the poor princess to and fro within the interior until it slides to a stop.

When her ears stop ringing, the only thing Constance can hear is the galloping hooves of the horses freed from their burden fading into the distance!

What does she do??

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Rain of Shadow:

The shimmering almost torn cloth in the wind draconic shadow looms silently at it's point of summoning. It's ripped and tattered wings folded as neatly as they can at it's back. Two dull blue eyes sit where it's eyes should be amongst the hazy features that never quite seem defined no matter how hard one looks, as if the light simply can't grasp the features of the beast. The creature stands there barely gazing down at General Costa seeming to mull something far more important over in it's great mind, all the while also awaiting orders all the same.

Perhaps there was once some spark of life and hope in those dreadful eyes, but now they're filled with only a calculating cold hatred.

The shadow of a former creature carries with it a sadness that seems to exude from it into the very soil it stands upon. A great lost glory spattered with the flecks of betrayal, looming somewhere underneath that as only the general can feel is a rage waiting to be lit once more. As the tension of the moment drags on, it starts to dawn that perhaps the dragon cannot or simply refuses to speak as it simply waits for whatever is to come.


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Well I've always wanted hike up my long skirts and thus become a wretched yet resolute Austen character...

Princess Constance continues her travels with a groan, tearing strips from her newly distressed gown, and tying them to bare branches every so often.

In case Her Satanic Majesty changes her mind and is wondering where I am. Caio? I really hope you've got a better handle on all this, bud. I could really use some good news.

Assess: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 = 10 What here can I use to leave an obvious trail in case Femtite changes her mind? What here is the biggest threat? How can I best end this quickly?


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Sanctum Heroem:
Well, now he's just blatantly ripping off stuff I've made up for his schemes. Is the dragon Indarius? I know the vampire isn't me anymore. Knowing this guy, we're probably going to go after the battle and fight the dragon. It's got all of his flags set up and-

Raiden dips one skillet sized hand into the waters that showed the visage of the princess, drinking from it noisily.

-the hell?

"Why split apart? A fool's errand when we are all mightier together," He proclaims. "First to rescue the princess. Then with her on our side, crush the general and his pet dragon, and break apart the skulls of Dusk and his cronies upon the rocks!" He says. "The faster we accomplish the first the quicker we can get to the other. To face a foe as fearsome as Umboriax who devoured the light of the Badlands and drained it of its colors with no less than everyone assembled here would be a disservice. But that is less of a priority than to save a helpless noble who may perish easily without aid."

Ah, subconscious logic. Too bad there's going to be a reasonable excuse soon as to why that can't happen...


Sanctum Heroem:

The bald-headed wizard Agamon shakes his head grimly. "Sadly, we can ill-afford to allow the general's hordes to go unchecked, even while we take upon such a vital task as freeing Princess Constance from peril. You have joined one table; let those who have taken a seat at the other do their job."

During the discussion, Bron had already drunk from the waters of General Costa. Dargur follows him immediately, explaining, "I'll be less useful among those trees than on the battlefield. Good to join ye, Bron. It's been too long." The tall warrior clasps hands with the stout one.

Kyana announces, "I have a feeling the general knows something about the werewolf that killed my sister. I will confront him." She drinks from that basin.

"Well, can we even help out?" Elise asks. "Let's say Sh-- Raiden's right, and we get the princess fast. Can we then go be backup?"

"It's never had to come to that," Myra explains. "Have faith. We'll see both through." She also drinks from the general's pool.

Markus hesitates before going to the waters. "We'll need magical abilities at both tables. Agamon has chosen the general. I will join the group to save the princess, unless our new witch feels strongly about it?"

Elise looks to Raiden and then Kyana, uncertainty on her face. She takes a deep breath and her expression changes to one of resolve. "The Snow Witch has many dealings with the faerie, and I have learned much of their capricious ways. I will go to the forest." She drinks.

Markus nods as Elise makes her choice. "I wish to test my magic against a dragon. I'll join you, Agamon."

"Well then, it seems we must part once more," Ty'leth tells Kyana sadly. "I believe I'll be better suited in the dark forest anyway."

Ty'leth joins Valorian, Kipple, Raiden and Elise on the mission to rescue Princess Constance. Bron, Myra, Dargur, Kyana, and the wizards Markus and Agamon have pledged to take the fight to General Costa and his horde.

==============
The Enchanted Forest

Princess Constance moves into the forest, leaving a trail of torn strips from her voluminous dress as markers. The trees loom large and ominous as the sounds of the forest return. Distant birds cry in the canopy, but they're shrill and uninviting. The forest floor is carpeted with soft moss and pine needles, deadening all other sound.

The eerie atmosphere begins to work its way into the princess' thoughts. Mindful of dangers that probably lurk in these woods, she soon begins to feel she is watched. Soft rustling sounds and movement just past the corner of her eyes set her on edge. Was that something breathing?

Mindful that her princess persona would have her fleeing blindly through the woods by now, Connie has to fight to stay rational. Her role in this elaborate game must require her to stay alive, at least until the heroes of the story are given a chance to save her.

Where are they? an unbidden thought intrudes as if it had been projected there. Why haven't they come to rescue me? More panic surges, as danger feels like it's pressing down upon her -- there!

She spins, but there is nothing but the dark forest. Fear lingers in her throat as Princess Constance again wants desperately to flee, run just run!

* * *

Connie blinks and realizes that she had, her chest heaving and her heart pounding. How long had the persona gripped her? How far had she run panicked into these woods?

She tries to get her bearings, but it's no use. Her blind flight had sent her deep into the forest and she lacked any sense of where the road had been. The trees close in again and the fear bubbles up once more. She recognizes that as being the greatest threat, losing herself in the persona and being subjected to the whims of the story.

Though... frustratingly, following the story to the end would be the quickest way out. For if the story rules control, then blind flight generally leads the heroine exactly where she needs to be.

Taking a few more steps, Connie sees dancing faerie lights in the distance. The wispy lights dance, beckoning her to go deeper into the dark vale. In the opposite direction, she sees a narrow path lined with giant gumdrops leading towards a small clearing.

What does she do?


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Rain of Shadow:
"Yes, you can go home. Sleep now, and I'll see you are returned to your family by the morning." He promises 'Terrier', while shaking his head to 'Skyler'. "You are alive, girl, so rejoice. I'm not the one who wrote this story and I'm as much of a pawn as you are. Hate me if you so wish, but then do something about it... train so the next time we meet you are in a better position to kill me."

---

While donning his armor, he gestures towards the still sleeping girls. "Escort them back to their families, but make sure they are untouched and unharmed. Should they suffer any form of abuse, you and your squad will suffer a similar fate but multiplied tenfold." He orders. "So keep your pants up unless you also fancy horses."

---

Caio greets the mages, but doesn't bow. "My reasonings and goals are my own, Milords. Razing a village has a different price than taking it and I'm not at fault if you hired one thing assuming I'd do the other." He explains, professionally. "Besides, my reputation is all about restraint. If I let my men loose, it is because of my choice and not lack of control."

Caio frowns at the mention of reinforcements, but remains silent during the summoning, while carefully inspecting his contractors.

Before We get Started: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 = 7 Hold 2, just in case.

While surprised by the might of the shadow dragon, this raised many more concerns. "When my army was hired, you have made it abundantly clear these heroes where a mere second thought... yet now you offer a powerful reinforcement. This leaves me to believe you've underplayed their power and thus our arrangements will have to be revaluated. We'll discuss about this later, but we will."

He looks at the dragon, inspecting him. "Welcome to the once free city of Harrowguard, Umboriax. We have matters to discuss." Turning back to the wizards, he adds. "Would that be all?"


Rain of Shadow:

"Mind your tongue," the summoner warns in his familiar voice. "You speak of concern for your reputation when you should be more concerned with ours."

"Although, your restraint in this instance should provide me with more choice subjects for my experiments," the second one says as he turns his hooded cowl toward the city. At that moment, Caio catches a glimpse underneath and recognizes the "wizard" as Chiros!

The first wizard sighs. "Nothing further for now. But make your preparations soon, because you will have visitors before long."

They fade into darkness.

Before Caio can address Umboriax in private, another messenger chambers up the hill. He looks like Caio's third grade football coach. "My lord. I have a report from our harriers. All but one of Harrowguard's runners have been slain. The one heading to Princess Constance's castle managed to evade his pursuers in the faerie wood, though. There is a chance the princess will send reinforcements.

"Shall I have the one who failed brought before you?"


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Sanctum Heroem:
"Well, should you all happen to die before you finish the task, make sure to at least take one of them down with you. Preferably the dragon!" Raiden calls to them as he hoists his halberd over one shoulder.

"One word of advice - if the Archmage Dusk is there, do not allow yourself to be caught up in his umbra. Once consumed, your souls will be forfeit, forced to toil endlessly in a demiplane of his own power. Your bodies will linger on the cusp of death, puppets to be commanded. I have seen how these Duskguard mock their origins. Especially the sorceress Eclipsia. Beware her powers over the mind and senses! She will trick you into believing falsehoods and lies."

Raiden cracks his joints and limber up. "I will hope for your safety. I know this group will be safe, for I am here to slay anything that would harm us. Let us be off!" He shouts like a Thundercats, heading out towards the arches.

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Rain of Shadows:

Umboriax shifts slightly at being addressed and warned that the heroes will be here ere long. Stepping towards Costa with barely a sound being made, as if a literal living shadow roiled forth towards him in the shape of a dragon rather than the real thing.

The creature's silky footfalls brushing up motes of darkness that quickly settle and stain the ground where he walks. Casting a wayward glance down to the general opening his mouth only to usher forth the faintest wisp of an apathetic sigh. Seemingly the shadowed creature is either erruptingly loud or deathly silent with no middle ground.


Hero's Journey:

Warnings are issued and farewells are exchanged as the two tables part ways. The grand doors of the Halls open wide and the heroes step forth to embark upon their respective quests.

Before they reach the arched gates, both groups of champions pause to marvel at what has become of the dragon Indarius. Where he once was chained and bound at the entrance to the Hall of Heroes, now a giant ice carving of a dragon in his defeated shape sits.

"Wow. Is that who I think it is?" Elise mutters under her breath.

The champions going to face a dragon of their own do not linger, only giving the ice sculpture a passing look of sadness or a small salute. Then they pass through the gate.

Elise steps close, however, and gently lays a hand on the translucent ice dragon's nose. "Wait. I have something... I can do this! I think. Lemme..." With a furrowed look of concentration, the Snow Witch's apprentice presses both hands against the ice and it moves!

With the sound like a cracking glacier the sculpture animates, rising to its feet and shaking off accumulated bits of frost. It then lowers its head in submission to the witch, who laughs. "Eat your heart out, Elsa!"

She turns to the others, pale eyes sparkling the same shade as the animated dragon-shaped ice! "Let's go before it melts!"

Kip and Ty'leth both stare agape at the witch's demonstration of power, but recover quickly. "Yes. Let's go forth," Valorian says. He leads the way through the gate.

Travel is instant but unsettling through the arch, but the heroes are quickly on the other side and standing on the edge of a great and ancient forest. Heady smells of loam assault them as the cool air underneath the canopy creates a light mist that clings low to the ground.

Ty'leth spots something immediately. A scorched pattern in the ground is almost humanoid-shaped, but also evoking wings. "No sign of any tracks around this. Troubling," he muses.

As he studies the burn marks, Kip announces, "I see a road. Over there." She points to where a carriage-sized road leads deep into the forest.


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Different witch and it'd be worth it. But old Granny Gumdrops doesn't have anything useful to even steal in the story - even when stealing isn't a terrible idea.

With a heavy sigh, Princess Constance turns to the marsh.

***

AARRRRrrroooOOOOooooo

S!+*! F&@~! S#!!! F$+$! S$$+f%**!

A gout of burning swamp gas illuminates Princess Constance running through the swamp, the hunting howl of a distressingly unfamiliar beast at her heels.

"I really-" wheeze "-wish you were-" wheeze "General Costa!"

Can't even climb a f@%~ing tree like this, f&&!! Maybe if I-

The crash of falling timber all too closely behind her makes her rethink any arboreal refuge.

Okay, just gotta keep running and - ah s#&@. She pulls up to an abrupt halt right before a Color change in the ground. God at some point he puts this in like, every swamp he's ever... Huh.

She starts to flee again, indirectly, circling slowly to the other side of the discolored ground. Gonna look really stupid if this doesn't work, but at least it won't be for super long

A great snarling beast stalks into sight, vaguely lupine in shape, but writ too large for its proportions to be anything but monstrous. It sniffs the air, jaws splitting to reveal an almost sharklike number of vicious fangs as it prepares to pounce.

Thaaaat's it. Come to momma

With a growl it springs. Princess Constance can't help but fall back on her haunches as it lands, nearly vanishing with unbelievable speed into the quicksand.

"Yes! Yes! Ye- Wait." Its front paws were out of the quicksand, and it was slowly but surely hauling its way out, carving furrows in the earth before her.

F!@&! F%*&! Okay, okay. What else does he always put in his swamps? Oh there's some stupid s*++ where his players get instantly ambushed if they say...

"Big Rats aren't real?"

Nothing.

F~#%! Wording matters. Or you're trying to remember someone else's stupid f%*#ing inside joke right before you get eaten.

"Killer Capybaras can't be real?"

F@!$!

No, they had an initialism. Just remember that and...

The wolf-thing snarls, coughing up sand and muck as its face surfaces.

"Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist." She throws herself flat as soon as she says it, and a horrible looking rat the size of her flings itself through the air where she had been...

And straight into the entangled wolf-beast.

The snarls and howls only increase as the trapped wolf nonetheless begins tearing the oversized vermin apart.

S#&$. Need reinforcements

She gets back up to a crouch and, relying on all the elocution practice that a well-bred princess and a harshly trained practitioner both were heir to, spits out the line over and over and over again as fast as she can manage before diving to the side once more.

"Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist. Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist. Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist. Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist. Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist!"

Hundreds of pounds of fur and stringy muscle fly through the air, tearing and chewing at the first thing they find.

Run? If that thing gets loose and wins I won't be able to trap it again, but maybe I don't have to if I- pop pop POP F!+~, again?! Just make them take a dex save, this much lead time is ridiculous handholding She steps aside from the annoying warning pops before her eyes alight with an idea, carefully she positions herself, and with one more "Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist," and well-timed duck, the pile of fur, fangs, and violence becomes a flaming pile of fur, fangs, and violence.

She smiles, and runs again.

Why does he always reuse these hazards anyways?


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Rain of Shadow:
"I did mind my words." He replies, impassively. "And the day I stop doing what I judge necessary because of fear of your reputation, is the day I'll stop being useful to you, Milords."

When the wizards vanish, he adds. "And the sooner you start showing trickery behind our deals, the sooner I'll prepare myself for your betrayal."

With the messenger arrival and news, he turns to him. "That is unlikely." He states. "Princess Constance is widely renowned for being a staunch defender of her allies, even putting herself in danger if needed. If she could have sent reinforcements, she'd have done when Harrowguard was still free."

"Nevertheless, yes, send the harrier to my tent. We shall determine if his failure was due to a lack of will or a lack of means. I'll be there in a couple minutes."

With the messenger gone, he turns to Umboriax. "Very well Unboriax. Or should I call you Percival?"


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

The Hero's Journey:
"Incredible," Raiden says when the ice dragon has been taken under Elise's command. "You've made this journey that much faster, if it can take to the air on its wings." He grins boldly at her as they venture through the archway.

He let's the pale elf take his time examining the surroundings, though once the road has been found by the small dwarf riding her tiger, Raiden strides towards it purposefully. "If this is where her highness took her carriage, then we only need to follow and find where she left it to pick up her trail," He says. "Elise, your powers are without question. Can you sense any of the fey creatures or their magic that might thwart our progress?"

Raiden considers how best they might be able to locate the princess based on what they saw in the magic pool and this place. She seemed more cunning than her station allowed, so perhaps she had some skills for survival?

Assess the Situation: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8

What can I use here to locate the princess?

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Rain of Shadow:

Umboriax's eyes shift slightly to give off a hurt by being called Percival, before quickly glossing over once again with overwhelming apathy. A barely sigh issues from the dragon and he strides past Costa to observe his camp.


Rain of Shadow:

The messenger bows and scurries off.

For a while, General Costa tries to connect with the dragon assigned to serve him. Eventually, he moves to his tent where the harrier waits forlornly.

Caio finds the soldier has a distinct resemblance to Thaddeus Worrel. He shrinks from the arrival of the general, holding up his hands to deflect an imagined blow. "I'm sorry milord! The forest was dark, and the path was treacherous! The runner may not have even got through! The faerie are dangerous!"

Hero's Journey:

The heroes move along the road that leads deeper into the ominous forest. The sounds amongst the trees are more unnerving than comforting while Kip walks alongside her tiger who has its nose against the carriage ruts.

Elise walks alongside the plodding ice sculpture, deep in thought. "I've got it!" she finally declares after Raiden's encouragement. "Does anyone have any bread? I can make an offering to the fey and draw one into a trap. It'll have to answer us if it's to be set free."

Valorian shakes his head with a grim look. "That sounds like a dishonorable step. Let's see what our trackers can find before we resort to forcing a being to do our bidding."

"Look! Up ahead!" Ty'leth calls out, pointing towards the road in the distance. After a brief hustle, the rest of the party can see what the elf had seen: a fancy and elaborately-decorated coach is on its side, with deep furrows in the road to indicate it had pitched over while at great speed. More alarming, the two coachmen that had been seated at the pilot's bench were dead, their backs or necks twisted fatally during the crash.

Finding the coach otherwise empty, the heroes begin to search around for signs of the Princess. Raiden finds the clues easily enough; a strip of pastel fabric is tied to a low-hanging bough, and another is tied deeper into the woods.

"It's her. Smart girl," Valorian says as he pulls one of the strips of fabric off the tree and passes it to Kip. She lets Jade give it a sniff. The tiger then puts its nose to the ground as if it were a bloodhound and works its way deeper into the forest.

"Good. I don't have to be the expert on faeries," Elise mutters as she matches pace with the other heroes.

The party follows the pattern of torn strips of cloth deeper and deeper through the woods. "Indeed! It appears that the Princess has given us a proper trail! Raiden, with luck maybe we'll be able to participate in the fight against the general after all--" Ty'leth is cut off when the trail of tattered dress fragments ends.

"Spoke too soon, dark elf," Kip chides as she hops off her tiger and leads it in a sensory sweep around the area.

"Optimism does not necessarily breed misfortune," Ty'leth responds.

"All right. No time for recriminations; we all knew this wasn't going to be easy. Let's give Jade some space to work. Elise, can you find any fey in the area?"

The winter witch rocks back, looking uncertain. "I might. Lemme see." She closes her eyes for a moment, then pulls out a pendant with a yellow stone while she hums. "I think... yes. That way." She points to a thick wall of vegetation.

The swordsman draws his blade and slashes a way through the tangle. "Very well. I hope you're right," he says while hacking through the underbrush.

The party pushes through until they appear at an idyllic glade with a crystal-clear pool of water fed by a tiny stream. A large, wizened oak leans out over the water while its gnarled roots offer inviting moss-covered seats offering rest and recouperation.

Drifting in the middle of the pool is a woman of impossible beauty, though inhuman of appearance thanks to her smallish stature, pointed ears, and overlarge eyes. She would be naked except she wears garlands of stitched-together fabrics and flowers that match the earlier tears of fabric suspected to belong to Princess Constance!

What do you do??

Enchanted Wood

The Princess evades several hazards thanks to cunning and her memory of pop culture references from another world and decades ago.

Even though still alive, the Princess still finds herself nowhere near the exit of this forest and no closer to cracking the code of this realm.

Troubling even her, she found little, if any, adaptation of the traps and tricks she'd overcome years ago. It was almost tempting to think that Quincy's hands were off the wheel.

Stepping into an ethereal grove of glowing faerie light, Connie immediately feels like she somehow worked her way into Lothlorien. However, no legion of elves suddenly appear -- only one materializes looking serene but also with cruelty beneath her somber expression.

Greetings, Princess Constance. I am Millificent. Faerie queen of this realm. You appear haggard and sore. Please, sit with me and enjoy some rest and refreshments" The unreasonably beautiful being gestures to an inviting sofa-like pile of cushions and an enticing array of pitchers offering any sort of liquid she would desire to quench her thirst.

What do you do??


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Well that's... unlikely. It's a pretty significant expenditure of effort for her to get up to as much as two apples high... Reasonable bet she's an amalgam creation courtesy of Femtite and me. Which leaves her... slightly less dangerous than she is in real life.

"Your offer of hospitality is most gracious, Queen Millificent," Constance croaks. She clears her throat and curtseys as best she is able in her present state. "I hope to repay you for this kindness and for much more when these present troubles are concluded."

5,601 to 5,650 of 6,140 << first < prev | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Those Halcyon Days II -- All New, All Different All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.