Those Halcyon Days II -- All New, All Different

Game Master Stalwart

Moves
Core playbooks


5,751 to 5,800 of 6,144 << first < prev | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | next > last >>

⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

The little fey is pleased to see her words reached the good paladin. There is Hope after all!

Clearing Hopeless!

—but things escalate quickly. And the same mistake is being repeated, which means the fairy needs a different opening move.

“Witch, how about we wall off this place in ice so the dragon can’t slink away. Valorian, could pour our goddess’ light into my water so the light overwhelms the darkness?”

Unleash Your Water: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5) + 3 = 11
• Reshape your environment: a wall of water all around—only effective if Valorian adds light and/or Elise adds ice.

Oshka intends to wall in everyone willing to get in the fight. She will come in as well, despite her fear!

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Power up: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7
3 burn, taking Angry as I spot several of my betrayers at once

Reality storm(2burn)+Not Human Enough(Guilty): 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 = 7
Resist their blows; give allies an opportunity(Shin to retake control)

As the heroes launch their sudden strike, Umboriax gathers together his strength as rage floods his mind at the sight of Bron and Agamon. Instead of vocally lashing out however the dragon brings his daunting power to bear against those that would oppose his master.

His mighty shadow-coated scales turned the spells away towards the ground around him. "You wanted to kill him from the beginning Bron. When the chance came for an easy kill you saw it as dishonorable and stayed your hammer. But in the end, your actions, your lust for a monster, created one."

Then the idiot warrior obsessed with Dusk shouted his approach, had he not learned his lesson before. The shadow dragon proved to be not exactly where his shape seemed to be allowing Raiden to drop past him only to get grabbed out of the air and pulled close to the Dragon

"Their actions may drive untold billions to their death. Shin Akebono. So wake the f@~! up, before I kill you too."

He then threw him back towards Constance and Costa, knowing they would have a better chance of talking the idiot out of his death. Besides he was not one of those who he vowed to take revenge on.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Drawing from the large reserves of groundwater just beneath their feet, Oshka creates a massive wall of water that Elise immediately blasts into a sheet of ice! Now that the combatants are pinned into an arena that better protects the spellcasters, Raiden flies from above issuing his challenge against the dragon.

The two rivals clash with electricity and shadow!

Raiden and Umboriax both take powerful blows

However, the distantly hollow words of the shadow dragon have the added effect of calling to Horizon's true self buried beneath the role of the half-breed warrior!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Never Give Up, Never Surrender (Influence): 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6, 2) + 1 + 1 = 10 Rally from the hit, add 1 to the team and inspire allies

The half-breed warrior roars back at the dragon as they clash, grabbing him by one shadowy arm to avoid being flung away. However, Shin surfaces and truly feels this odd form for a moment. He's still locked in combat with this dragon, this monster, this dark reflection.

And, fully honest, he was kind of peeved at Percy.

"You killed Myra. Doesn't really matter if she's real or not. She was real enough to feel pain. And every time her player comes back, they're going to keep carrying their grudge from their previous death. You're accomplishing nothing except making them all more miserable and prolonging our stay here. So get out of the damn way so we can go home!"

Shin grapples the dragon around his forearm to keep attached, staring up defiantly at him, but holds back from outright attacking Umboriax for the moment to see if cooler heads prevail.

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:
Shin "Horizon" Akebono wrote:


"You killed Myra. Doesn't really matter if she's real or not. She was real enough to feel pain. And every time her player comes back, they're going to keep carrying their grudge from their previous death-"

TaPB: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 5) + 2 = 10

Lash out at Horizon since it seems he's back in control and 2 conditions hopeless and insecure seem appropriate

"And I'm not!!" He roars drowning out the rest of Raiden's speech for the others. The dragon squeezed him, but there's no real strength or fight behind the trembling claws. "You gave up! You let them kill me! You abandoned me to let to face Quincy alone! So, why is it heroic when she dies? Yet the tearing of my very soul and death is celebrated? Because I'm the Dragon!"

His grip loosens and if Horaiden wasn't holding on himself he'd fall. "Because I'm the monster? You gave up. You went for the girl instead of the world. YOU LET ME DOWN!"

The shadows peeled away from Umboriax's face revealing the mared face of Indarius's true form. His eyes were for a moment not overcast by the shadows that normally dulled them. And Raiden could see tears flowing from them, turns out dragons did have tear ducts after all and these ones were sobbing.


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Caio draws his sword, feeling its eagerness to draw blood as soon as it leaves the scabbard. "Myra is dead, Kyana. She betrayed the dragon and took his key, turning him into this monster. I'm sorry." Blood flows from the black longsword and drips on the old stone of the fort, each drop sizzling.

He eases his arm and shoulders as he walks to position himself between the would-be heroes and Kyana and the princess. He reaches for the walkie-talkie. "Hear you, Lola. Good to know. Trying to keep the keys safe."

With large swings, the general cuts the air, blood flying from his blade in wide arcs which then leave melted marks on the stones. "Enough!" At first, it appears the general's aim is poor, but then it becomes obvious that he is missing on purpose, aim in the space between the combatants to prevent them from keeping the fight on without risking their lives.

"You call yourselves heroes, yet you allowed yourselves to be manipulated by your Questgiver!" He tells them, while keeping them apart with the acid blood from his blade. "Should the keys be returned to him, the lives of billions are at risk... all for him to become powerful like a god... so Enough!"

Hopefully, seeing that the general, Kyana, and the princess were on the same side would help them understand that something was wrong.

Stand Up for Something: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 = 8
listeners can’t keep doing what they’re doing

Looking at Indarius and Horizon fighting, he adds to them. "Horizon! Should the Questgiver get the keys, Halcyon and the whole world will be at risk! Stop! You can talk about this later... but now we have work to do!"


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Why does he get the walkie-talkie and the acid sword? Misogyny sucks.

Princess Constance discreetly slips her bonds since they're an unfortunate prop to General Costa's new plan, but aside from backing his play keeps quiet for now.

Assess: 2d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 - 2 = 8 Who here is the biggest danger?


Lashing out means you use your influence to inflict a condition (or provoke them). What condition do you want Horizon to have?

Lola's voice comes on just as Caio calls out to everyone. "That's great, but you need to-- kzzkzkzzz"

The combatants pause while the general roars at everyone. The pause in the fighting gives Constance a chance to free herself and get a sense of the situation. She get the sense that Caio and "Umboriax", being villains, have a power upgrade over the heroes to make them reasonable threats that require teamwork and combined efforts to take them down. Given the blows that the dragon and the blue warrior have been trading so far, that puts Caio squarely in the position of toughest warrior on the battlefield. However, that doesn't necessarily mean he'll prevail. A protracted fight, especially if Umboriax falls soon, means that the heroes will probably ultimately prevail.

Truly, the biggest threat to all this is the one not on the battlefield: the Questgiver himself.

The general finishes his speech and tensions remain quivering on a knife's edge. The heroes ready their next attacks, though they're waiting to see what the general -- or the dragon -- does next.


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

The words are strange and loud to Oshka. Yet, Warrior is responding to the name ‘Shin Akebono.’ And despite all the angry yelling, Shin seems to take this billions-of-lives thing seriously.

The fey notices the warriors have paused. She certainly isn’t going to start anything.

“Shin Akebono…?” The water-self’s eyes shift nervously to the scary sword guy and the grappled murder-beast. “…do you and Mister Dragon know each other?”

She braces herself, fearing the dragon will pick her up and impale her on the blade of ice just for interrupting.

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Horizon take Insecure, from my lash out and i lose influence on Horizon

Umboriax looks past Raiden towards the group speaking raspily through draconian tears. "Yes. A handful of us know one another in Halcyon. The place we're trying to save from this ravenous place."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Oshka is surprised at the dragon’s gentler tone. She feels it rude not to respond, even though the captain is probably going to repeat the reminder to his murderous minion that there’s ‘work’ to do. “Halcyon? I… don’t know Halcyon from Harrowguard. Any place outside the fey wood…”

The nixite is confused. The dragon tears aren’t making this any easier.

“Why are you…?” She doesn’t want to say ‘crying.’ “…doing that?” The water-self starts to tear up, and the nixite doesn’t know why. He killed her. He impaled her, and taunted her, and that evil captain blames the victim for the birth of his minion who’s probably older than every mortal and her grandmother!

“You and Shin Akebono both hail from the Kingdom of Halcyon? Are you mortal enemies?”


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Shin looks at Umboriax with pity. He touches him on his face as its pulled back the shadows and he's weeping.

"...Indarius. I've never once, in all the time we've known each other, thought of you as a monster. A prick, certainly, but never a monster. But here's the thing. The sooner we bring the keys to the Questgiver, the sooner we get to face the Questgiver."

Indarius:
Shin's voice is a whisper so faint it's inaudible to anyone but the dragon. "How else are we going to make him think he's won and lower his guard?"

Shin backs up, staring at Indarius, sword in one hand still. "It's your choice. My sensei would say that victory is achieved five moves ahead. You have to adapt to your circumstances and get comfortable enough with your new role while looking for the best method to undercut your opponent. So, wouldn't you say it's better to help us get those keys to the Hall with the team, together?" He asks, thumb jutting at the fairy fluttering around asking questions while he looks behind the shadow at General Costa and the princess.

C&S Indarius (Heroic Tradition): 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 + 1 = 11


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

His sword still ready, the general slowly moves around to put himself between the group of heroes and the dragon and warrior, while gesturing for the princess and Kyana to follow. "Little fey, you might not remember, but your place is among us as well."

He wanted to check with Lola, but felt that with such tense situations, the wrong gesture could ruin everything.

Gazing back to the heroes, he adds. "Heroes! I'd not fault your for not trusting what you see and hear, but I beseech you to look inside your hearts and feel instead."

"Your Questgiver created me solely to present you with an evil opponent you'd not think twice before fighting... yet, I am here, talking to you instead. Behind me I have Umboriax, the demise of your loved companion, yet also created by your Questgiver, turned this way after the noble Indarius was tricked. I have Princess Constance, the beacon of hope from these shining kingdoms, her cleverness, purity and righteousness incorruptible." He adds. "I have also Raiden and Kyana and their deeds speak for themselves."

"An unlikely band of characters, bound by the same goal. So..." He asks, looking between all of them. "Will you let us carry our mission to save the lives of billions, or will you fight us and fulfill the desire of the lying and power-hungry Questgiver?"

Stand Up for Something: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5) + 3 = 14
listeners can’t keep doing what they’re doing (fighting?)
listeners can’t attack you without losing status or position

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Umboriax pulled back from the hand as Raiden reached out to touch his face. He listened to the words Raiden said, but the darkness crept back over him, spreading like a fungus growing unnaturally quickly. The brilliant blue eyes dulled under the shadowy cowl and the now half-dead orbs looked to Ushka.

"Not enemies..." they snapped to stare into Raiden's. "...but lies mark that we are not friends either."

Slinking backwards into the shade provided by the fort walls and the ice dome Umboriax spoke out to the general after his speech. "Your command I must follow. As I was reshaped to be."

Not opening up to that C&S, there are loads of thoughts i'd love to share as to why, but it would break the spine of the conversational flow in half right now.


The truce holds under the sway and power of Caio's words. No one makes a move to continue the fight, but all the heroes' eyes are wide and wary.

The big warrior Bron shakes his head in disbelief. "You speak of billions... that is like the stars in the sky. An unimaginable number."

The bald wizard Agamon similarly voices doubts. "Your armies have the blood of thousands on their hands. The Questgiver rightly sets us against the likes of you. He wouldn't create you just for the sake of the quest! Why not set the key upon a golden pedestal completely unguarded by traps or foes?"

"More forces than the Questgiver seeks that which you possess, General," the ice witch says in her throaty accent. "The Questgiver is the only one promising to heal this realm."

Valorian looks to the princess. "My oaths to the royal line compel me to ask what the princess says. Milady, are you in peril in the company of this man?"


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Oshka doesn’t challenge the general or the dragon. They speak of honor, but those are words. The dragon committed the worst act of cruelty Oshka had ever seen—I’ve never even seen a dead body before, much less watched someone fall as soul departed flesh!—and the general’s sword is still wet with blood he’d recently spilled. Who knows how many lives he’d taken today alone.

She looks to the princess—with recognition for a fleeting moment!

…but in a blink, she realizes she’d glimpsed the princess earlier, at Queen Millificent’s side. Then the shadow took her. Then is she in peril? Are we? This is strange…

The nixite wonders of the princess’ answer to Valorian will be any less strange.


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

"The world is too dangerous for anyone to vouchsafe me protection entire, but I place my trust in him gladly, and would that you do so as well.

"Who possessed the keys was not in the Questgiver's choosing, no more than he could of whole cloth create us in likenesses that bore no resemblance to our inner selves, or at the least our desires."

"But I ask you, there is nought that can be done to provide evidence that could not possibly be fabricated by all the arts of gods or mortals. What more can be done? Even the dread Umboriax has done no more than revenge his own downfall upon his betrayer, General Costa's army does not seek to destroy you' what must I do to convince you that the true contest is not upon this field?"


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

The water-self’s eyes flatten at the princess’ words, particularly her echoing the justification of Myra’s murder. The General himself gave a far more compelling speech… but there are thousands of dead. Widows. Orphaned children. But… ‘trust him.’ Right…

The nixite speaks. “You justify revenge as if Umboriax bested Myra in a gave of cricket. He did not just avenge his downfall. He taunted her. He manhandled her as she tried to repel him with her aura—she was harmless to him. And when Shin Akebono rushed to her rescue, he impaled the woman. As warm blood flowed from the hole in her, he asked how the blade of an ally felt. She could only whimper her final breath. It was unlike any horror I’d seen, and you justify it—you want us to be okay with a completely unnecessary death.“ She gestures to Valorian. “This was her friend. Do you even care that he watched her die? Are you in too high a position to respect the dead?—or the people who were actually there failing to prevent it?

“Do you know her very dear friend prioritized your rescue over vengeance, warning us it would become an obsession?—these were his words as he carried her body!”

The nixite expects the dragon to tear into the water-self’s torso and crush the flesh-self into paste.

Not wanting to trigger more fighting, she relaxes her tone. “I may be a peasant or less in your eyes, Princess, but I believe if you wish to convince Myra’s friends to believe anything you have to say, it would be in your best interest to find a more compelling to address her death—like offer condolences instead of justifying it?”

Persuade Connie: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6, 2) + 3 + 1 = 12
• Appeal to Myra’s friends by respectfully acknowledging that Myra’s life mattered to them. +Potential or shift labels if you do.
• Shift your labels:
⬇️Superior
⬆️Danger

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

A rumbling snarl comes from the dimly lit part of the fort where the Dragon had taken his rest. "So, they get to justify and excuse the murder of my former self, but my vengeance is a sin? How very like the real you Oshka, or should I break the magic and just say Femtite?"

"You know I'd love it if you got off of your f*%~ing high horse once in a while and smelled the roses, because if Myra was harmless I wouldn't be where I am right now. Do you expect this adventuring group to persuade us all to lay down and kill ourselves, no they've got swords and magic and will use them. Just like I had claws and used them, so don't even start with that manhandling b#+##!*#. Also do you really think the fey in this realm haven't killed hundreds, or thousands with their so called 'harmless tricks' hmm? Did the group that found you immediately treat you like a person, or a beast to be weary of I wonder? Go ahead and look back in that pitched and cloudy memory of yours and try to see past your massive superego for once in your life when you ask yourself that."

A great shadowed claw sweeps out from the pitch motioning towards the adventuring group. "And let's not forget the elephant in the room, the adventurers themselves of course. Do you think they're innocent? How many 'monsters' have they killed because someone told them to? How many fey? How many intelligent people, murdered defending their homes against these invaders, because some village elder or worksite chief said that monsters were causing issues in the local land? How many times did they seek to sit down and speak with the supposed monsters hmm? How many parents, siblings, children, or babies have they slaughtered in the name of some supposed justice, which we all know means loot? I implore you, go ahead and ask."

Provoke(influence on Femtite but not Oshka): 2d6 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) - 3 + 1 = 1
Welp that was predictable, but he was trying to provoke her to ask the table about the above

The claw retracts digging a rut into the foundation of the fort and the shadow dragon shakes it's head, disrupting the clinging miasma causing it to become an unreadable splotch in the shadows.

Or go ahead and keep your head up your ass Princess Femtite, since you haven't proven once in the time I've known you to actually accept that you were wrong about anything. Not of course without spinning it into some spiderweb of logical leaps to prove that if you look at things from only your point of view it was the right thing. This time you will all just keep ignoring the facts that I've been telling you since we first met in the void between. Ignore that you, betrayed me, that you killed a peaceful creature who only wanted to help. Who gave his trust when you sought only violence against him. Who you stabbed in the back the second you got a chance. Who even now as a revenant filled with bloodlust is trying to reason with you utter morons." Umboriax's voice climbed in anger with each recounted part of the story that was sure to break against the bulwark of dumbasses in the courtyard and their unbreakable ignorance.


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

The general sighs, showing clear signs of losing his patience. Quickly. He thought about correcting the dumb warrior that there were infinite stars in the sky and the moronic wizard that billions was a far greater number than thousands. The fey's drivel did not help either, which was far from surprising, considering who she really was.

Lola's cut message worried him and he felt they were losing precious time with this nonsense. "Umboriax, the fey won't listen, so don't waste your breath. She never had and don't feel she'll start now." While relieving to see yet another member of the team has opened his eyes towards Femtite, this for sure wasn't the time and wasn't helping either.

"Heroes, I beseech you to think this through. Should our world indeed be doomed if not for the retrieval of these keys, would it not also be in our best interest to help?" He asks, before turning to Kyana. "I'm really trying not to hurt your friends and wake them to reason. Perhaps you should try as well... big speeches were never my forte, and I'm pretty sure you know what it is..."

He looks back at the heroes, hopeless that this situation could be salvaged.

Before We Get Started: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5) + 3 = 9 Hold 2


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Provoke Femtite to wake up (Guilty): 2d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 - 2 = 7

"Real quick," Shin says before reaching out and tapping Oshka with one finger. The electric warrior pulses a small charge of electricity through her. "You should try to remember who you really are, then please make it rain."

He looks at Constance. "Since Indarius didn't get it, can you do something so we're speaking to the right people instead of beating our heads on their shells?" He requests. "Seeing as he's most likely watching us and will intervene soon."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Oshka doesn’t respond to Umboriax.

Femtite responds to Shin. “As you wish, Horizon.”

She takes water from the ground, the ice wall, and even her own water-self! The tiny fey leaves herself vulnerable, but so what? The fey body is simply a pawn in Brother Mathers’ game.

Unleash Water: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 3 = 11
• reshape your environment: it’s rainy! (Or stormy?)

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Umboriax already upset at Horizon and the entire situation cranes his neck out of the wall shadow. Looking over to Princess Constance.
"Oh you hear that Princess? He suddenly understands everything I'm capable of? Weird considering he's never sat down to ask about my magic or capabilities as a dragon. Or was that something we discussed during one of the, never happened, individual team member pep talks we've had?"

Swiveling back to Raiden he gives it a shake in the lit area, "No I don't think so, I think you're still running with; 'Hi I'm Horizon, I'm too afraid to try and learn about magic so I'm just going to expect Indarius to have the answer to every single problem when I come calling.'" He snorts and hocks a disgusting flem ball at his feet, "Kiss my entire rigid ass."

He retreats back into the shadows having given his agitated two cents once more.


Valorian reaches out his hand to Princess Constance. "Milady, the Questgiver is no god or goddess, only one who would set the champions of the realm against those adversaries that would threaten it! If you are free to go, I beseech you, come with me! I am sworn to protect you!"

The heroes watch with alarm as Raiden, Umboriax and General Costa bicker and tensions rise. Oshka's sudden rainstorm brings a hushed, "Are you mad?!?" whisper from Elise to Raiden.

As Umboriax slips back into the shadows, he hears the growling, displeased voice of the Archmage Dusk in his mind. "The general is showing weakness. Your only means of salvation for your wretched state is to claim his key." Raise your Danger and lower your Mundane

At Caio's insistence, Kyana steps out of the recess in the old fort where she'd been staying out of the way. "I don't think talking's going to help anymore," she says under her breath at General Caio, her voice laced with worry. "I might be able to pull a couple of them away, maybe more if we chase down the dragon? Then Raiden should be able to lead you and the princess to the Waypoint, and from there you can go to the Hall."


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Did I say he was a god? Eh, you could get that implication if you wanted it. Either way, just glad I don't have to come up with a way that water is anti-Chastity or something... I am also determined not to ask why she went from succubus to a variant on her special anti-burn sex-form.

Okay but not asking

"If you wish to be my guardian and champion, then come with us Valorian. Do not let this turn to needless violence that would surely imperil your charge."

Persuade Valorian: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6 Hmm... as a Royal I might have influence over him? If not I wouldn't say no to Team.


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite is starting to wonder who else she can shake up. Connie’s working on Valorian. She thinks Witch is already with it, but the are-you-mad question makes her wonder.

She didn’t get very close to Kip or what’s-his-face… so she decides to check on Witch. “I don’t think Warrior is mad. He is leading. And since you commented on my eyes earlier, I think you know why I follow him without question.”

She gives time for the witch to respond to see if she’ll need convincing.

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Umboriax folds in his hiding spot for a few moments, gripping his head with both clawed paws. His eyes though dimmed fixate on the General for a few moments before he grumbles, "Hnnnng No. I will not be your pawn. It is already embarrassing enough I must play his games. There is no salvation for me here. So begone from my thoughts Dusk dweller."

There are a few moments of tension as Umboriax struggles to tear his gaze from where Costa hides the key in under his armor. But the dragon seems to wrest control from whatever is plaguing him for the moment.


I'd say you have influence, Constance

Valorian takes a few steps forward, hand still outstretched. "I would rather take you someplace where you will be safe, milady. Where do you intend to go? Dangerous as this situation is, there are places far more perilous in this realm that I would be failing in my oath should I allow you to go."
Needing concrete proof

Elise gives Oshka a cold look as the raindrops turn to ice on her skin and flake off. "You presume much, fae. I noticed your eyes because they mark you as a changeling -- likely at one point you had been swapped with a human infant, or some day will do so at the behest of your queen."

She scoffs at the notion she would follow the warrior blindly. "I am not so foolish as to follow anyone without question."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite holds her attention on the witch whose voice has changed. Changeling is true—I am technically a shape-shifter. But what else is true is that she called the princess ‘Connie’ and expected her to navigate traps which a damsel in distress cannot do—which means she knows Connie not as a classmate, but as a superhero.

And the sword-polishing jokes. The way Shin pretty much went along with whatever he said. He is definitely infatua—

OH! His date at the Christmas party—Siphon!

“Victoria,” the fey starts. She lets the name sit a moment. The word ‘Chastity’ was how Connie woke her up, so perhaps a loved one’s name has more power than one’s own; else, Connie would have said ‘Femtite.’

“She is in the realm of Halcyon—the city where you and Shin Akebono danced. If you’re here, then I presume your sister is in Halcyon. She needs her hero to save her.

“Your sister needs you, Valerie Tapes.”

Persuade Siphon: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3) + 3 = 11
• Persuade Siphon to help us for her sister’s sake.


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

"And I'd rather you stay where you are, knight." The general shifts his footing as Valorian starts to walk towards them. "I'd advise you to extract from your head this thought that you might know better than Princess Constance herself what is best for her."

"The Princess is not a damsel in distress in the least, Valorian, and I'll not hear of this talk of you taking her, or allowing her, anywhere."

He narrows his eyes, measuring the knight. Who is the white knight again?

Provoke: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8
Provoking Valorian not to act against Princess Constance's will


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Shin is waiting and letting the rain continue to fall. Soaking the ground and puddling around people. His eyes are locked onto Constance, slightly shaking her head from side to side. She seemed to be invested in her role, but hadn't slipped fully into it.

Every fiber of him wanted to flip the table. But he'd wait for her signal.

"...it's hard to reach someone you don't already have a relationship with," Shin says to the fairy. "I would reflect on that later. Focus on the princess for now and wait."

To Elise/Valerie, he speaks quietly enough so that only she can hear him under the rain. "I'm not mad. I'm preparing for the worst while hoping for the best. This gives you something to work with as well if you need it."

He considers that as well - could he use this rain with his powers to give everyone a jolt?

Assess the Situation (Guilty): 2d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (6, 1) + 3 - 2 = 8

What here can I use to wake all the players at once?


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite
Shin "Horizon" Akebono wrote:
"...it's hard to reach someone you don't already have a relationship with," Shin says to the fairy. "You should take a moment to reflect."

She nods at the advice and reflects, knowing full well there’s a very real danger, and—on the topic of relationships—this ‘game’ is very much in the way of rescuing Chastity from Duke Zepar.

She wonders if the sigils on Connie’s key are connected or not—though the only reason to even think that is because she was swept away while in the same room as whatever object connected the fallen angel to the Robertson’s home.

With no clue as to how to solve the current problem, she contemplates Connie’s key. And if the sigils are unrelated, what can water do? Is that a… why would Ye Olde General wear a walkie-talkie? Of course… he has contact to his super secret team of Xeno and the gang!

Then maybe there’s a way I can help too. Only my fey magic is kinda limited to water. It combines with ice and electricity well. But this is fantasy land, so water can do lots of things…

Assess: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 = 7
what here can I use to communicate with someone who is not here?
_
And if the answer isn’t “nothing,” she wants to communicate with Chastity more than anyone, but focusing on the task at hand, it’s the ghost of Myra (her player) that Femtite thinks would be most helpful.


Femtite sees no recognition in Elise's eyes at the mention of Victoria, leading her to conclude that either she's wrong in her guess who this is or that Valerie has forgotten herself. Thinking back, Elise switched to her current accent about the time she witnessed Myra's death.

Elise's expression becomes dangerous. "You are wrong, sprite. Those names are foreign to me. Now be gone, before I freeze your body to ice and animate it like a marionette."
The move doesn't apply here because the stated action isn't specific enough and you'll have to wake her up to use Victoria against her

Valorian pauses as Caio interposes himself between Princess Constance and him. He eyes him evenly. "I have traveled these lands and fought to defend it; she has not. I would hope she would heed my wisdom and experience and trust in me, not the likes of you." He looks imploringly at Constance, beseeching her. "My lady! What would you have me do? Shall I smite him with all of Ninavae's power?"
He errs, you (and Connie, really) get an opportunity

Elise steps away from the fae closer to Raiden and nods, her fingers flexing.

Horizon looks around at the people and their abilities and is forced to conclude that he has no known means. From experience Kyana was only awoken by his vampiric hypnosis, and only the wizards have the magic that might be able to do the same -- except they're equally immersed in their personas. Sadly, he doesn't see anything.

This time, it's Xeno's voice on the walkie-talkie. "Not sure what's going on on your side, but we've >kzzkkz< --ions. Can't risk a portal here at ground zero, so you need to answer if you can. Over?"

The walkie-talkie, to Femtite's assessment, is the only means of communicating outside their area.

What do you do?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Been Reading the Files: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 = 7

Shin was not an expert on magic or magical phenomenon. But it occurs to him that there is something that he had learned studying what he could during his late night cram sessions. Aside from how it could prevent rope burns.

"...magic requires visualization. Meaning even powerful magic the likes of which a human could create is limited to what they are capable of observing. A medium is required to observe and affect something with magic remotely if it hasn't been set by a specific trigger," Raiden says loud enough for the team to hear.

He leans in to whisper quietly to Elise. "Could you create a fog with your magic to obscure everyone's sight now that it's rainy?"


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Right… the way Princess Feytite’s Nanometer existed and continues to from observation. The I-Do-Believe-In-Fairies Principle!

She heard the voice of Indarius in the shadows earlier. She glides across the wet ground toward him—forming a water-self from the puddles and the falling rain as she does so. A current washes the formerly-disrobed tatters onto the new body.

By the time she speaks, her new body of water is fully formed and clothed.

“Umboriax,” she says to a shadowy space, not entirely sure he lurks there. “The choice is yours, of course, but I believe if the Warrior’s logic is sound, shadow is the ultimate power. You could cut off all vision and—as long as no violence follows—the heroes will listen, providing a moment in which we lack sight and sound.

“I don’t know that Warrior’s idea could work, but if it would, we need you, my friend.”

‘Oshka’ stands by the shadow with her arms by her side, waiting for a response.


"I could, but wouldn't that give the general cover with which to flee? We still require his key, and that of the Princess, to do what is right." Elise whispers back to Raiden.

In the limited shelter that the keep provides, Valorian's hand begins to glow with a golden light. His sword is still in its scabbard, but its pommel also begins to glow. "Milady. My oath is to protect you," he says, insistently.


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Princess Constance forces herself to meet Valorian's gaze head on, neck slightly stiff from frustration. "Valorian, I am no naif babe in the woods, whose opinions cannot be trusted lest she crawl into a briar. I am seeking to place my trust in you. I trust that you do seek to protect me as a princess of the blood, but you must likewise place your trust in me. I know General Costa well; I have no doubt that rather than cause harm to me he would allow himself to be bound and leashed.

"Aid us; do not fight against us. That is the path of salvation that must be walked. When all is at its darkest, your light may be what we need."

Persuade: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 + 1 = 7 le sigh. At least I have Influence on this guy, 'cause this is clearly my dice roller's idea of diplomatic solutions


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

"Trust me. The princess is in need of cover to enact her plan," Shin tells her. He leans in to kiss her forehead in the same way he'd kissed Valerie's a day before as the vampire.

"I need you to be with me on the surface of this guise, Valerie." He presses to try and get her back out as herself. He didn't need Elise to feel forced to obey the witch and go for the key herself.

Provoke Valerie to take control and conceal them: 2d6 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6, 6) + 3 + 1 - 2 = 14


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

The General shifts the grip of his sword. "Don't let hubris guide your hands, knight." He warns. "After so much effort to avoid bloodshed, it would be a pity to throw it away in this silly cock measuring contest."

He nods to the princess. "Yes, in case those two are the only possible options." He then silently curses that damned walkie-talkie that seems to cut at the exact moment to render the message useless.

"How about a compromise then?" He asks, looking each of the heroes. "Princess Constance, Valorian, Kyana, Raiden, the Witch, and the Fey leave towards the Hall of Heroes to seek and audience with the Questgiver, while the rest of us stay put, as insurance to both parties?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Valorian's tension lessens. "The vampire also spoke strangely and behaved as one not of the undead. Is this a similar change of heart you've wrought in him?" he asks the princess.

Turning to Caio, he asks, "And what of the key you carry? Would you part with it, leaving it in the princess's safekeeping? She says she trusts you. Do you trust her as well?"

Outside the keep, Elise blinks rapidly after Shin withdraws from the kiss on her forehead. "You haven't got us out of this yet?" she sighs. She steps back from him to the center of the grouping of various heroes, then throws her arms wide. Blue-white energy flares outward and the temperature drops to freezing in an instant. The rain converts to sleet and mist rises up in the newly frigid air.

In moments, the entire area is engulfed in a bank of thick cold fog.

What do you do??


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

When the fog washes over the area, Femtite trusts the cloud cover is no less obscuring than shadow. And from what she overheard, Caio and Percy are staying behind, perhaps because of their villainous forms?

She isn’t sure her words will have any impact, but she speaks to the non-responsive shadow anyway.

“Quincy Mathers gave you this body, Indy. But nobody, and I mean nobody, gets to define who you are—especially not someone who disrespected you.” Femtite doesn’t need to know exactly what transpired between Quince and Percy. Making him a monster is a dis. The way he’s killing and crying and yelling is abundant evidence he’s hurt, but Myra isn’t the one who hurt him most. She was just the easiest to pick off.

“The players who backstabbed you are dancing to the strings Quincy is pulling, believing these silly keys matter more than how you treat a person. To have their morality so twisted makes them Quincy’s victims. They can’t deny their roles. But you can—I know you can!

“Just be you, Per…ndarius.”

C&S Percy: 2d6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6) - 2 + 1 = 8

The fey stands there. Waiting. Hoping her words reach the real Percy, not this Umboriax that was forced upon him. She is afraid, yes, but more for her friend than herself.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Umboriax's eyes in the dim gaze remain dull and mostly lifeless as Oshka, now Femtite fully tried to bargain with him about blanketing the area in shadows. After he just told Horizon and her off. 'Of course she's that dense.' She however seems to switch gears once Elise does the deed with her fog and he finally seems to sharpen up at her. The dim eyes gazing at the ball of tattered clothing wrapped over the nixie hiding within the watery body.

Rumbling loud enough for everyone to hear Umboriax responds to Femtite and the group, "That seems to be what none of you comprehend. This body is a shadow of my former one, my former was a magnification of my real one. It feels the pain of the now and before as clearly as when it happened. It is what I am underneath the glamor and attempt at fitting in. What lurks behind every thought, once kept in check by what is no longer present."

A shifting paw emerges from the darkness swinging dangerously close to the Nixie's false head, not in any dangerous motion, but he is simply large and dangerous when he moves to sit more comfortably. "You see little sprite while I may be able to twist and strain against the puppet strings, there are some even I cannot be free from." There is a pained gurgle in his throat clearly noting the malcontent at that fact, "There are even those that have been cut from the marionet since my key was 'stolen'. Trappings which I no longer have access to, that make me incomplete, a lesser being, more beast." He hisses before the eyes lower to be level with the Nixie 'heart' of the water woman, indicating that he is likely laying his head on the ground.

"Tell me is Indarius ever this cut throat in his feelings? How often do his negative thoughts manifest naked? How often does he soften the blows for your sake? Ask yourself that and you may understand what was taken from him to create Umboriax. What feelings fill the breast of the beast. What clinging resentments about all things, swept blissfully under the rug until I was brought into this world."


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

"Unconditionally." He answers Valorian. "But, please, don't take me for a fool. My key is my only piece of bargain and my assurance that you'll all behave. Nevertheless, it is bound to my soul... Should I be parted with it, there is the chance I'll devolve into an even greater threat, the same that happened to Umboriax."

"When the time comes, if Princess Constance, and only she, asks me for mine, then I'll part with it." He declares in a tone that clearly indicates he'll not be dissuaded.

As they are blanketed with fog, the general moves, begging the question of how someone could move in such silence while wearing heavy armor. He hovers over the princess, checking if she is alright and whispering. "I'll try to follow as soon as possible."

He then appears in front of Valorian with a wicked grin, which then becomes a simple smirk. He wanted to show him that he could have cut him off he wished so. In truth, the general had his fair share of hubris and pride. "Do we have a deal? The world is not going to save itself."


"I will not rely on duplicity to win the day," Valorian states in an equal tone. "I only suggest you provide her with the key so that, should she decide fulfilling the quest is the proper course, she will have it in hand."

His jaw set, Valorian nods. "We have an accord, but think quickly on giving up the key." He calls out into the fog, "My lady, come hither! We leave for the Hall of Heroes! Raiden! Elise! Oshka! Kyana! We are to escort the Princess Constance to the Hall."

"Hey!" calls Kip's voice out of the murk. "Rescuing Constance is my quest too. Same for Ty'leth."

"I'll stay behind," Kyana offers. She materializes out of the fog next to Constance. "Just... you know. You promised to save both. Okay?"

"I'm willing to stay," Ty'leth's voice drifts unseen. "You can go ahead, Kip."

"All right."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite
Perndarius wrote:
“… since my key was 'stolen'. Trappings which I no longer have access to, that make me incomplete, a lesser being, more beast.”

Femtite wonders about the validity of Percy’s words. I never had a key. I wouldn’t know. She assumes nothing, but gives Percy the benefit of the doubt.

She whispers to him, “Let us hope Connie can beat her brother and get back what’s yours.”

She says ‘hope’ because that’s the best she can offer. The problem is apparent, but if anyone has a solution, that isn’t being communicated to the team. Maybe it can’t be.


Valorian wrote:
“…come hither! We leave for the Hall of Heroes! Raiden! Elise! Oshka! Kyana! We are to escort the Princess Constance to the Hall."

“Of course, my friend!” she replies to Valorian, a gamer who believes he’s his own character. She keeps up the role of a chipper little fey who’s glad to be accepted, for his sake. “I hope I can help in a way that’ll do Ninavae proud.

“Um… speaking of ways that’ll do, does the Hall of Heroes have a fountain or a bathtub or an ocean view? Y’know… water? In case I need more than 85 pounds of water to work my magic?”

She will go the Hall of Heroes regardless.


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Princess Constance carefully avoids responding or even nodding to Kyana as she departs. That's **not** what I promised.

"To the Hall."


"The fog's only going to last a few more minutes once I'm gone," Elise says as the parties begin to divide up into the separate groups. "So, whatever you're going to do in secret, you won't have a lot of time."

The wizard Marcus instructs the group going to the Hall to get in contact with each other. "I'm going to teleport you to the nearest Waystation," he explains to the princess and the fae.

"I thought you could only teleport five people," Elise says.

"How would you know that?" Marcus asks, but the witch only shrugs enigmatically. "But I've unlocked greater power since completing my last quest. I can transport all of you." He gestures and with a word of power, Constance, Oshka, Raiden, Elise, Kip, and Valorian vanish.

To the Hall:

The teleportation induces a brief wave of disorientation, but nothing more. The chill fog is gone, replaced by the warm midday sun. Their surroundings have shifted from a ruined keep on the border of a forest to a rocky lakeshore. The glassy surface of the lake glistens and ripples with the soft breeze. Trees lean out over the water where birds roost and fill the air with song.

Rising up out of the rocks is a twisting arch, looking familiar to other arches that have been seen in this realm. Valorian looks around with his hand on his sword, staying alert for possible threats. When nothing appears, he relaxes. "Milady, I think we've done it! Let us go through the gate forthwith."

Assuming Raiden, Oshka or Constance do not delay, it is a simple matter of walking beneath the arch. Stepping through gives you the sensation of flying through the air at tremendous speeds, but by the time you take a third or fourth step, you are back on solid ground and your momentum -- if you ever had it in the first place -- is arrested.

A sparkling palace with floors polished to a mirror sheen and high fluted columns holding up an arched ceiling stands before you, arranged in rows that point to a central set of grand double doors far ahead.

Staying Put:

In the moments of silence after the other group are teleported away, the tense truce continues. The wizards and the warriors take up a defensive position while the dark elf materializes out of the fog to embrace Kyana.

The walkie-talkie again crackles to life. "kzzkzz--boosting the signal. Is this working? Caio, can you hear me?" Xeno's voice comes through. "The incursions seem to be contained for the time being. Some practitioner by the name of Mathers helped out the Alliance. Lola's got more details. Can you hear us? Over."

What do you do??


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

To the Hall:
Oshka stops for a moment to look at the beautiful lake.

She contemplates taking additional water, but doesn’t want to waste time. She also wonders about Connie’s key. When she was a demon, there was a sigil that applied to her. Forget the key.

Think of the people you’re here for. Save them, then you can get back to finally saving Chastity from Duke Zepar!

She steps on through the arch without further delay.


And once in the hall, she wonders, If heroes go here when they die, is Myra here—or her player? And is she currently herself? Or he himself, they themself..?

Assess: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 1) + 3 = 10
• What here can I use to speak to Myra’s player?
• How can we best end this quickly?


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

To The Hall:
Shin's fairly quiet on the trip back, sticking close to Elise. He speaks as quietly as he can to her to try and avoid questions from those not in the know.

"...tried my best here to figure out a plan. I gave up the Psy-key thinking that it was the quickest way to get out of here. It was quite honestly the most painful feeling I've ever felt." He tells Elise/Valerie. "I wanted to crawl into a hole and die. And then the Questgiver offered me the choice to become a hero. Something I refused to go along with while you were still trapped as a vampire. But agreeing to that, didn't feel like I could refuse in case he took that away from you. I didn't expect that Indarius would get screwed over like that."

There's regret and weariness in his voice. "Then I was kind of on a ride as this idealized hero I conjured took the reins. At least until I got knocked awake. I could nudge things a little, but..." He sighs. "I'm sorry you've gotten swept up in all of this. Right now, I think that I can only rely on Connie having a better idea of what to do in this world than me."

He holds her hand if she lets him. "...I do think you look pretty like this though. Kind of like Glinda the Good Witch, but more dazzling."


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

To The Hall:
Psy-key? Jesus f#+@ing christ. That boy's issues have issues.

1 to 50 of 6,144 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Those Halcyon Days II -- All New, All Different All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.