Those Halcyon Days II -- All New, All Different

Game Master Stalwart

Moves
Core playbooks


5,451 to 5,500 of 6,140 << first < prev | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | next > last >>

Maeve

There's a pause on the other end. When Chastity speaks, her voice is hushed but strained. "Is it her? I guess you don't have to tell me, so just do it. Keep my family safe. God bless you."

More voices are in the background. "I gotta go. Tell me the details later, okay? Bye."

================
Site 29

"I think so," Imagerie says, clearly approving the idea of him visiting Scythe frequently. "Go ahead and get it set up with the Corps."

During the flight back to Halcyon, Caio is able to contact Xeno regarding the portal between Unity Base and Site 29, but he is unable to reach Percy through the communicators.

The aerolift swoops down towards the Halcyon Comets' stadium. From the air, the parking garages and exterior of the stadium look unchanged, but the baseball field appears to have been swapped out for a jousting arena. Many of the bleachers have been regressed to wooden benches upon earthen mounds. Colorful banners are waving in the wind.

The aerolift flies next to Feya Firestorm, who is levitating over the field weaving complex spells. Imagerie slides the door open and, holding a strap, leans out of the hovering craft. "Here to help! Need anything?"

"More practitioners!" Feya says with obvious strain in her voice. "We may need to contact Mathers and get his assistance!"

"Wow, really? Well, I've got Rain with me. He's been trying to reach Indarius but hasn't gotten through."

Feya shakes his head. "I sent Indarius away! He's a power source of magic all on his own! If he interacts with these incursions, he could power them up even more! I'm trying to drain them!" She spares a glance from her spellcasting to look at Rain. "Your sword might be able to help. Do you have it with you?"

================
Connie's Dorm

Skyler knocks until she's let in. She's got a set of hair clippers with her. "Hey. Any chance you've got the hair growth gel whipped up? I can give you my report on Purple Tips. Becca Miller, now going by Faye.

"I knew her from a few years ago. Well, knew of her. We didn't hang out. I didn't hang out with anybody. She's... different. It's her, but there's more to her aura now. It's like Faye is just a front. Kind of like Maeve. And because of the eye color thing and your interest in her... Yeah."

She scratches the fuzzy side of her head. "So... how bad is this itch going to be? Should I shave the other side first? So everything's even? And if I do, the hair growth better work."

================

Vampire Weekend:

Valerie roughly turns the elf to face her and she gazes deep into her eyes. "Your will is strong, archer, but mine is stronger! Submit!" The elven woman cries out in fear and defiance.

After a moment of tested wills, Valerie throws the elf to the ground with a hiss. "Foolish. We could have had fun together. Now you must face the master." She leaves Kyana on the ground and goes to check on the servant.

The elven woman shrinks back as Shin looms over her. "Eliana was my sister. I seek the werewolf that killed her so I may avenge her death," she replies, her fear forgotten for a moment.

Shin "Horizon" Akebono wrote:
"I don't want to kill you. This version of myself seems to want to drain you and turn you into one of my thralls, which is more than a little gross. So, if we can stop with the play-acting for now - Valerie, come back to your senses - I'd really like to know how I get in touch with Quincy."

"My senses are quite sharp my lord. I sense no sign of counter-attack," Valerie says.

Kyana shakes her head as confusion crosses her face. "Game? Play-acting? I know not of what you speak. Why would you seek the Questgiver? He is in the Hero's Hall, and you, foul creature, are no hero."


Secret Identity | Danger +1 | Freak -2 | Savior 0 | Superior +3 | Mundane +3 |

Maeve is glad she doesn’t need to provide details. “You’re the best—thanks! I’ll tell you when it’s safe to. Bye!”

Maeve collapses in her loft bed. If you can hear me, she thinks to Chastity’s God, I believe I really will need that Blessing.

She then strips out of her clothes and—


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

—becomes her pixite self!

Okay, Bug-Eye, we gotta move. I don’t know what I’ll do with a tiny sweater ensemble, but I’ll worry about that later.

She shrink to subatomic size and passes through the wall of her dorm while telepathically dictating replies to texts.

Connie:
☀️: Got consent. Nobody’s home, so we can go NOW, if you’d like.
☀️: Flying to your dorm now.

Seconds after the text is sent, Femtite is already knocking on Connie’s door. I hope she’s actually here!

Conway:
☀️: I appreciate this!
☀️: And yes, it’s like 80s action figure size.

She does NOT tell Conway she doesn’t need the outfit anymore. If she’s going to call in a favor, she’s not going to flake out, even knowing she’ll be in debt. I owe Tyg a favor, plus three answers to Copperflagert. What’s one more debt?


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Vampire Weekend:
Shin considers this for a few moments. Perhaps he could compel this elf the same way he could take Valerie out of her fugue state. He needed to work on his wording.

"Valerie, how much longer before the dawn?" He asks, thinking about time constraints. "I want to go seek out this Questgiver, but perhaps we will need to wait for the next dusk to do that."

He turns to Kyana on the ground. "My reasons are simple. A fool sends group after group of bigger fools to try and usurp my domain. I plan to give him a piece of my mind. And end his wretched harassment for good." Ah, he was struggling there with his vampire thoughts.

Maybe he could hypnotize her like Valerie tried? Better to do that to avoid trouble later. He fixes his gaze on her, meeting her eyes, and projects his will. "You will accompany us back to my castle. You're tired and need a rest. There you can relax and prepare to lead me to the Questgiver..." He says, focused on her.

Provoke Kyana to obey his commands (Guilty): 2d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3, 5) + 3 - 2 = 9

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Frozen Paradise:

Indarius starts to redirect towards his icy mountaintop as the fear of losing all he had worked so hard to gather digs into his heart. What if the void consumed it?

He slows from his mad dash return, if the void had already consumed it there wasn't really much he could do except, stop the source of the voids. If this was a simulation like the last time he joined Quincy in his game night, then that would mean the solution is just that. Find Quincy and get him to stop, these fantastical people and environments were bleeding into Halcyon that's why he wanted to follow them here in the first place.

Indarius alighted at the entrance of his mountain home and reopened the easy path in for himself, if there was anywhere he would be best tasked to focusing his magical might to finding Quincy, or any other anomaly it would be here. So nestling into his frozen pile of goodies he pulled himself inward solidifying what he knew for certain before casting his senses out for any unusual vibrations in the strings of aether.

Unleash(Extend senses): 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 = 12


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

"All that about Faye is about what I expected, thanks. As long as you didn't additionally pick up the vibes that she was immediately going to like attack someone- sidebar: I don't know exactly how your powers work and exactly what all you see. Please do not tell me. I particularly do not want to know what you see or have seen when you look at me. Though-" she fiddles with her new necklace "you can't read me now, right? Don't tell me."

She goes and gets the goo. "It's topical, so as long as you're careful with the application you should be able to keep things even. That said, you'd look cute bald and you deserve a chance to see that, so I'm all for it.

"And anyways... Look I'm not saying anyone's dad is a villain, but if you ever want to talk about Todd or anything we can talk here privately. And if there's anything else I can do, let me know. You don't have to ask."

bzz

"Princess of f&&!ing timing right here. Okay, you've got the goo. I've gotta deal with a gal whose dangerously overbearing parent and/or parents call on mystical forces that they couldn't possibly understand in order to steer her towards the baby-filled romantic future they want for her." And her girlfriend

"I'm gonna turn off some of the wards, 'cause otherwise she basically couldn't hear us in here, even if she was doing so with more than ears. Otherwise I'd just shout for her to come in, but it doesn't take too much time doing that with privacy baffles up to realize that you're basically just yelling at yourself."

She fiddles with some of her gear, looking for all the world like some demented third-base coach, but also slowly counts down from 5 on her fingers.

Assuming she hits zero
"Come on in!"


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Site 29

When he isn't able to reach Percy, he takes his phone but notices there is no signal as well. Perhaps those fantasy pockets were messing with it.

Looking at the now medieval arena, Caio can't stop himself from wondering how it would have been to fight in one of those. It would certainly not be easy taking in consideration his fencing lessons with the Corps.

It pains him a bit when Feya mentions she could use more spellcasters. Considering how much he had studied wards, his help would probably had been invaluable... if he still had his talent. "Not really." He answers about his sword. "But get me to the ground and I'll have it in a moment."


Connie's Dorm
(Before Femtite knocks)

Skyler tilts her head and looks at Connie sort of out of focus, but doesn't say anything as requested. "Yeah, no. She looked like she wanted to take Caio right then and there, but he wasn't having it." Her face goes through the mixed emotions of pride in having a hot and loyal boyfriend but the never-ending fear that someone may be able to steal him away regardless.

She turn the clippers on and off for their satisfying buzzing noise. "We could put that to the test now and see." She tugs on the longer strands of hair. "Or maybe do a pixie cut for a few hours. It won't look exactly right, but I should get a good idea of what it'd be like. You want to do the honors?" She hands over the clippers to Connie.

When she mentions dads being villains, Skyler's good cheer vanishes. "Caio told you then? Wait. Caio told you? He could?!? What are you--?"

Door buzzes

Skyler moves to a corner and frets quietly while the wards are dismantled and Femtite enters. "Hey," she says to the new arrival.

===============

Femtite:

Conway: Gotcha. I know someone who can pull it off. Here's their link: PixKnight77@Infini-gram

Checking out PixKnight77's page, Femtite sees another of her passionate fans. This one, however, has a thread that is bemoaning Femtite's lack of major appearances or heroic actions in the last few weeks. Several embedded videos of some of her biggest hits, like dancing with the junk golem, followed by comments like "whats Fems been doing lately?" "Girl needs to get out more." "She must not like the cold." "She flew away from the fight in Kirby Plaza." "Which one was that?" "The one with the boat." "Oh ya."

Sounds like your audience is wanting you back in action!!


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Before letting in Femtite

"Hey hey hey. I never said Caio told me. I'm very smart and professionally nosy; there are a lot of ways for me to learn secrets, and I am very used to keeping them. Plus, I may not be the heaviest hitter, but more than one person has learned that beating me is like dry-swallowing a sea urchin. You can ask Femtite if you want to know if that's true for dating me too. So don't worry, I'm not telling anyone anything about you that I don't have to. I just wanted you to know that you have a safe place to talk about Todd or whatever."


Caio, Comets Stadium

"All right. We'll land in the parking lot. Too dangerous to try it in the field," Imagerie says, then instructs the autopilot to land.

"You do what you gotta do. I'm going to check in with the rest of the Alliance," she says once the aerolift is on the ground.

===============

Frozen Paradise:

Back in his lair, Indarius accounts for all his treasures and the security of the few entrances to his domain. Once satisfied, he begins sensing the aether of this fantastical realm and noting its familiarness to the previous time he'd been in Quncy's game world. He hadn't had a lot of time exploring the metaphysics of the demiplane before he'd been thrust into combat and then finally pulling the whole thing down around him in a bid for freedom.

Any hope of doing that this time is completely dashed as he find how solid the dimension is. It's as real as he is, Indarius is forced to conclude. What's more, he could sense that a part of him is actually bolstering the world. Which, to his draconic heart, was a comfort. Should any being so foolishly challenge him and by some miracle slay him, the entire world would become less real.

Time passes as he mentally probes the world. The sun and stars whirl overhead, and as the sun rises once more, he feels the subtle vibrations of feet trodding upon the snow and ice leading up to his lair. They haven't yet reached the traps he has laid, but they were nearing the lowest entrance to the ice caverns. Three pairs of feet, human-sized, and one four-legged beast.

What do you do??


===============
Vampire Weekend:

Kyana's elven mind is difficult to break, Shin finds. Though she resists being made into a docile minion like his dominated servants at the castle, she does fall asleep at his bidding.

Valerie is suddenly there, smelling of blood, and rifling through Kyana's pockets. "We've several hours yet before dawn, Beloved. Ah!" She draws a potion from a side pouch. "This should keep Wadsworth his side of the grave."

With the potion administered to the injured servant, he feebly climbs to the roof of the carriage to join the other servant. With Kyana laying slumped against the theater girl, the carriage is ready to go.

"Shall I fly on ahead and prepare a dungeon cell for your guest, my lord?" Valerie says, licking Wadsworth's blood from her hands.

===============
Connie's Room, before Femtite

Skyler huffs. "But DID he? I'm not going to be mad, so you don't have to cover for him. I just assumed he... couldn't. For, well, reasons."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

The door does not open.

And while she passes through it at subatomic size, Femtite dictates the message she forgot to send.

Alien(s) Chat:
☀️: Hey, friends! Sorry I got you all worked up. It won’t happen again.
☀️: I just wanted to tell you all that I called Chas, she’s okay with me checking her room and also seems to understand why I could not provide the scary details.

And as Bug-Eye gives Femtite all the info on her jaded fan, she texts PixKnight77@Infini-gram:
☀️: Conway said I can get a tiny outfit from you.
☀️: I’m busy atm saving my gf from a perverted fallen angel, but we can arrange a meeting later!

A spark appears in Connie’s room, but stops growing at Barbie size. Pink and orange ribbons whirl around the tiny, sunbright feminine form. Femtite is quickly clad in a ’69 Talking PJ outfit—one of many classic doll outfits Femtite added to her attire, just for Conway.

She adjusts her flight to account for the unexpected extra person, and grows to human size—the doll outfit growing with her—as she floats between Connie and Skyler. She is not too afraid of making Connie angry, but it’s obvious there’s a serious talk, and she doesn’t want to make Skyler cry again, which judging by her used tissue and the way she said ‘why do I f~**ing cry all the time,’ might happen anyway. Femtite will try very hard not to trigger anyone. (She already triggered Raquel, but she’s zero for two in THIS room!)

“Oh, hi Skyler,” she says very gently. “I’m sorry if I interrupted something, Connie and I are heading to investigate a scene for Chastity’s sake.” And realizing she can say something very positive, she adds, “Oh! Chas thinks you’ve got the best hair in the whole school! I mean… she’s not wrong. But she used to talk about your hair a lot before we were an official couple…and the first couple weeks of dating.”

She asks Connie, “Do you need me to whip up a gadget? Name a need you have, if I can prepare something ahead of time it’s one less thing on your end.”

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Frozen Paradise:

In gathering the knowledge he has about this place in his rumination Indarius can't help but feel a little guilty in just proving Feya right. But if he were stabilizing this place then perhaps it was helping the other end as well. Quickly being awoken by the subtle tremors of oncoming intruders he shook the rime off of himself once again. Taking flight to the upper entrance before casting an invisibility spell on himself. He would like to have eyes on these intruders before they were upon him.


Connie's Room

Skyler fluffs and shakes out the long half of her hair at the compliment. "Hunh. Well, thanks. I'm changing it, though."

She turns to Connie. "If you gotta go, that's cool. We can talk later. No other special instructions on this stuff? Rub it in, don't scratch, and then what? Do I wash it out when I want it to stop or does it stop working after a while?"

===============

Frozen Paradise:

Indarius relocates to his favorite observation spot to watch the approach to the lower ice caverns. Once there, he sees the figures trudging slowly up the slope. All three humans are bundled against the frigid wind of the mountain, Indarius can spot the braided yellow hair blowing in the wind that signify them as belonging to the northernmost village set on the high ridge at the base of his mountain. Two are larger and bulkier while the third is slimmer and does not have a beard. The shaggy-haired pack horse is laden with several bundles.

The trio continue their slow climb until they reach a natural ice bridge that spans a deep crevasse -- the true beginning of Indarius's territory. They stop short of stepping onto the bridge go about unpacking the bundles.

They unroll a large woven tapestry and lay that upon the ice. Then they set out a number of treasures, including a large ceremonial shield inlaid with gold and silver, several chalices and cups, a bejeweled scabbard, and a war drum. All of those treasures are arrayed upon the woven cloth, then the slight figure shrugs out of her heavy cloak to reveal creamy-white skin and golden hair. Hugging herself against the biting wind, she takes a spot on the tapestry.

One of the two larger figures raises a curved horn made from a ram to his lips and sounds a long, clean note. After it echoes through the mountain range, he blows again, and then a third time.

What do you do??

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Frozen Paradise:

A tribute to him, well that wasn't what he had expected. But he swooped down to them anyway landing a ways off and kicking up a bit of a blinding snow storm to drop his invisibility spell. Once all the snow settled he stood there regally looking at the group.

"Who are you, and why do you trespass upon my domain?"


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Vampire Weekend:
"I'd rather prefer it if you were to wake up and be yourself, Valerie," Shin commands, hoping that's all he needs to do to...to wake her-

The blood stench was causing his thirst. He wanted some for himself. The neck of Kyana looks inviting to tear out and gorge himself. No, he couldn't do anything that risked waking her up or killing her.

"...I expected to lose control myself by now," He admits as the carriage moves forward. "Quincy, what have you done?"


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

"Skyler, there are ways we know each other very well, but there are a lot of ways we don't. What's important for you to know about me is that even if some psychic from Todd's church or whatever had compelled Caio not to talk, that would not have stopped me from helping him. Also, I'm not worried about you getting mad. But sometimes once you know something for certain, and have to really, really Know it to be true, it changes what you've gotta do next. So, with all the love and respect I've got for you, I need you to know what I can offer; I need you to know that I am offering; I don't need you to know exactly what I know, or exactly how I know it. Think on it; you can get back to me without making any firm decisions. But now I've gotta let Femtite in before anyone gets a hands-on demonstration of how hard it is to work with less-lethal methods to inhibit things that small."

***

"Hopefully we'll just need to deactivate their SimplySafe or whatever. If this is a Fortress of infernal wards, then that gives its own answers anyways."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Seeing how Connie doesn’t have thoughts of what to Alien Tech, Femtite has her own thought. “Let me grab a laser pointer to distract the cats!”

Laser Cat Vee Two Point Oh!: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10
(I would have laughed if I snake-eyed per GM curse.)
Two cats, so two uses. Also, there are two Robertson Parents so… intended use: (in addition to keeping the cats busy), each laser beam will take on the shape of a Robertson Parent when they are within 100 feet of the building. The face will get larger as they get closer, about human-face sized when at the building and growing larger as they ride the elevator.

With the tech melded into her tiara, which she still wears with the groovy Barbie outfit, Femtite carries Connie to the high rise.

“My thought on getting in—and also, what Chad consented to: her window. I can fly you to the roof, then enter subatomically to open the window, then I can let you in.

“Oh… and a thought I had… it’s possible that the parents are innocent. Jonathan was really desperate to give Chastity a Christmas gift. And yes, he was my mirror in a weak moment so I thought nothing of it—but it’s possible the gift is the source of Zepar. Jonathan seems like a nice kid, so don’t think I’m hoping to find a specific person at fault.

“I want to stop Zepar. Bonus if we know for certain who summoned him.”

As terrifying as this Duke Zepar is, the brief conversation with Chastity put Femtite in a good mood, and she’s pretty confident in Connie’s plan.


Connie's Room

Skyler's brow furrows in a look of concentration as she tries to follow Connie. She swallows hard. "I... okay. Whatever. Just don't go off and do the hero... thing... on Todd or whoever else you might be thinking is a supervillain. At least, without like, having the full Alliance backing you up, all right? 'Cause... you don't want to risk losing."

===============

Frozen Paradise:

"Ivan Hjorson and Skjold Krolson!" the one who blew the horn answers. "I am the son of Chieftan Hjor of Whitehelm, here to bring you tribute and tidings, O Great Bringer of Frozen Death! Your breath is colder than the northern winds! Your temper more fearsome than the mightiest storms!"

The two men draw greatswords and drive their points into the frost. Gripping the hilts, they lower their heads. "We bring this tribute ahead of the appointed time to forestall your wrath. But we beseech you, to heed our plight! A group of powerful warriors from the southern lands, wielding magic and great skill at arms, have approached us asking for information about you! They would challenge your great power! We know warning you is a grave insult because they cannot hope to overcome your might, but to say nothing also risks your wrath!"

He gestures to the woman sitting on the tapestry, who lowers her head in supplication. "Chieftan Hjor sends his own daughter, my sister, as a further sacrifice to appease your unending appetite!"

The second man turns from his bow to look back at the woman. Their eyes meet. He lets go of his sword and falls to his knees. "Great Indarius! Skada is my betrothed! Spare her and take me instead!"

Ivan doesn't budge from his position. "Skjold you fool! You'll doom us all!"

"Take us both, then! I cannot bear to live without her!" The woman stands and runs to him, where they embrace upon the snow and ice before the great dragon.

[i]What do you do??

===============

Vampire Weekend:

Valerie looks crestfallen. "Understood, my lord. I will return to my crypt and wait for you to awaken me once more." Her body morphs instantly into a bat and she flies off into the night.

The carriage continues its journey to the castle. It is soon out of the moors surrounding the jutting rock upon which the castle sits and up the steep switchback road leading to the outer gates. The drawbridge lowers across a dank and fetid moat, allowing the carriage to cross beneath the inner walls. The courtyard is full of dead and twisted trees with grasping branches. The carriage finally stops and the servants are joined by others from the castle. They work efficiently, collecting Valerie's "leftovers" and Kyana, and carrying them inside.

Up close, the castle is tall and imposing, with high narrow windows and arrow slits, grotesque gargoyles and looming buttresses shoring up the massive edifice. Turrets and towers, balconies and sloping roofs rise to dizzying heights.

Inside, the castle's interior is one of dead opulence. The massive atrium is dimly lit with scant candles or shafts of moonlight filtering through grimy windows. Spiraling staircases lead to the upper levels while arched hallways and heavy carved wooden doors lead into other wings of the castle. The air is cold and quiet, with the pall of dread and suffering overlaying everything.

"We'll take these two to the guest wing, my lord." Wadsworth says flatly, clearly sure that if the castle's ruler had other instructions he would be told.

===============
Robertson's Apartment

Femtite is easily able to enter the apartment by shrinking to microscopic size and slipping through the gaps. The windows, being in a high-rise building, only open halfway so that people cannot fall out even on purpose.

What do you do?


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Outside Connie scopes out the place, looking for signs of alarms, cameras, or anything darker...

Assess: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 1) + 3 = 10 biggest danger/what here could I use to enter unnoticed


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite flies up at fairy-size. (The window is closed so the cats don’t fall out.) “What would you say to Faith, Trust aaaaand Pixie Dust?

“Not being cute. You can’t fit in the window, but CAN if I shrink you. If you permit me… and wait while I go home and get the pixie dust.” She adds, “And a tiny outfit too, I hope! I reached out to a fan for doll clothes in case I needed to shrink you.

“Comfortable doll clothes.”


Bug-Eye? Please text our knight in comfy armor…

PixKnight77:
☀️: Hey, funny thing. In order to save my girlfriend, I need to shrink my ex-girlfriend.
☀️: It’s cool. And I mean with her permission.
☀️: If you have the tiny sweater ensemble (or any outfit in the spec’d size), please send an address where I can pick it up.
☀️: Quick photo with you while I’m there, if you want, then I’m off like a Prom Cancellation.
☀️: And after reading your ‘Gram, I gotta live-stream my action with the team!


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Vampire Weekend:
"Valerie-" He curses under his breath when she flees. This was not what he wanted. He needed to work on trying to pierce the enchantment she was under with his influence over her. That would take more than just words but effort on his part.

He had to figure out where the crypt was now. Hopefully it would be obvious. He looks at Wadsworth, then at the girl and Kyana. "The elf I want brought to Valerie's crypt. Lead the way," He demands, figuring this would be quicker than wandering these dim halls wracking his brain.

"Give me her possessions as well." He adds as they move. He figures if she has something to speak to the Questgiver on her that might be a good way to reach Quincy and try to figure out how he'd done this and they can undo it.

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Frozen Paradise:

Indarius felt pride swell up in his breast at them praising him, offering treasure, and information about supposed heroes wandering across the land to come defeat him. Then they both offer themselves as payment for this interruption and he rises up with a deep inhale.
Felicity Dorn wrote:
"I'm just afraid, you'll stop thinking of yourself as our son! A-- a dragon? Percy, you could forget that you're my baby boy!"

He stops abruptly from being ready to freeze them both to death, shakes his head and speaks low to himself. "What am I doing.." Growling he leans down to the trio, "Go. Cover yourself, take your things and return to your home. Tell them I reside here, but nothing more. I shall deal with them when they come."


Robertson's residence

Connie's early warning wards don't give her any reason to think that there are magical defenses around the apartment, leading her to conclude that the only danger is getting spotted or setting off a mundane alarm.

Femtite's stash of pixie dust could probably work to let her slip in, but Connie also spots through the window so many Christian decorations she could guess their security code is probably 5(J)316. With Femtite already inside, she could easily deactivate it.

Femtite:

PixKnight77: Cool! I'll whip something together!
PixKnight77: Shrinking ex-girlfriends? Any way U can shrink ur fans? We would love to visit your home!!!

================

Frozen Paradise:

The humans stand in mute astonishment for a few moments until Skjold hesitantly gathers Skada's cloak and wraps her up. "Th-- Thank you, O great and terrible one!" he calls out.

Ivan stumbles back, wondering if this can be some sort of trick. He backs toward the pack horse slowly, about to leave the treasures. "We obey, Mighty Indarius," he says, then tentatively moves toward the material offerings.

Skjold continues to comfort and warm Skada while Ivan gathers the treasures, haphazardly wrapping them in the tapestry, tying it off, and throwing it on the back of the horse.

Skjold nods towards Indarius, then turns away and moves hastily down the slope. "We shall return at the appointed time with the greatest of offerings our warriors can provide," Ivan promises. 

The trio head back down the slope along the same path they had trod, backs hunched as if they expected icy breath, tooth and claw to fall upon them at any moment.

Eventually, Indarius is again alone on his mountain.

================

Vampire Weekend:

Wadsworth and the other servants strip Kyana's studded leather armor, quivers bristling with arrows, and other belongings from her until she is reduced to her underclothes. They present the possessions to Shin, then proceed to drag her deep into the bowels of the castle.

Shin follows his servants through dark corridors and secret passages, down narrow stairs with only plain torches lighting the way. Eventually, uncounted feet beneath the castle's foundations, they enter the crypt. Somehow even more oppressive than the castle itself, the crypt features rows upon rows of tombs set into the earthen walls with carved yet eroded epitaphs.

The servants finally stop at a constructed mausoleum that shows more recent construction than most of the tombs within this crypt. The epitaph reads, VALERIA VON TEPES. A carved and ornate sarcophagus rests within.

Wadsworth pushes the lid aside revealing Valerie, eyes closed and still as death. "Do you require us to attend to you, milord?" he asks. "Or shall we make preparations for this one's companions? I do not think they will give up, if I may be so bold."


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

"Femtite, just go ahead and deactivate their security. 5316 is probably the PIN. If not try... 8915. If not, then 0407. If not, short the system.

"Oh, do you already know where the nannycam is in Chastity's room?"


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite is nervous. “That is three of ten thousand combinations, but I’m guessing 5316 is not a guess, but… well…”

5_

“…I think the pixie dust would have been worth the wait, haha?”

53_

“But I guess the more important thing is we’re teammates…”

531_

“…and we don’t need pixie dust to have faith and trust.”

Femtite’s finger is ready to press the number 6.

The number of the beast! Shut up, brain!

5316


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Vampire Weekend:
Well that was perhaps a little too much of what he'd wanted here. Bordering on old pulp novels with her stripped down like that. Thankfully the crypt was easy for the servants to navigate, because he certainly wouldn't have found this place otherwise.

He busied himself first with checking her belongings for anything that might be some kind of communication device. Magic was real here so he thought that could be a possibility.

"I will be fine here with Valerie. Please do prepare for their inevitable attempt at my life. Do try not to kill them unless there's no other choice to preserve your own lives," He informs them. "That said, if you let them through your families will find it very difficult for them to feed themselves the coming winter without their breadwinners." He leaves it hanging as if they would be sacked or worse.

He turns to Valerie in her crypt, shaking her awake. "Valerie, I need you to remember who you are. Remember how we got here to this realm. Wake up," He says, hoping this was the right direction to give her. He didn't want to deal with too much trial and error.


Robertson's residence

Connie's guesses are accurate, and Femtite cracks the security code. Once inside, the duo are only interrupted by Chastity's two cats which are easily distracted by the laser pointer.

An initial look in Chastity's room yields no sign or sigil of Zepar, however.
What do you do?

Vampire Weekend:

An inspection of Kyana's belongings reveals nothing that would be easily determined to be a communication device. She possessed a gracefully curved bow and numerous arrows, many with different colors of fletching. Her leather armor is well-oiled and supple, though quite sturdy. Her boots, while stained with travel, are of exceptional make and far lighter than their materials should allow. She also wore a pair of rings and a bejeweled pendant around her neck.

Wadsworth and the others bow and leave Shin alone in the undercrypt with the sleeping Kyana and the undead Valerie. When he tries to wake up the latter and have her remember, her bloodshot eyes slowly open and look around.

"Shin?" she asks. "I remember... a spider got into my tomb one time and had spun all these webs over me..." She sits up and checks herself, but her dress only has the slight dampness from the moors earlier that night. "The theater. We were going to watch a space movie. Right?" She gets a look of concentration and tugs one of her fangs, then shudders. "We're still vampires, and I've got some weird memories."

Valerie steps out of her coffin with a practiced motion and stands next to Shin and the sleeping elf. "Who's this? I feel like I should know. And know why she's almost naked." She quickly faces Shin with suspicion. "You're still... you, right? Nerdy kid from the past who's now a playa?"


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite is amused at how fun her parent detector is for the cats! “Connie, meet Copper and Oreo. Hee hee, have fun, kitty-cats!

“Okay, so this is where the miasma was when I spoke to Chastity’s subconscious. And if you find nothing there, I wonder if Jonathan’s gift is the source.

“Not that Chastity opened or even touched it but it was about this big…”

She recalls the colorful giftwrap. It’s a pretty embarrassing memory, but Chastity may be in terrible danger!

Assess: 2d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 - 2 = 7
• What here can I use to determine what Jonathan’s gift was?

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Frozen Paradise:

Indarius once again moved to be in his mountain keep, there were three adventurers this time. "Well if it's similar to last time then all that needs to happen is either I defeat them and end the game, or find where Quincy is and get him to or make him stop. This can't keep leaking into the real world, but If I try to force it again it might just make things even worse."

While he waited Indarius took stock of the actual things in his treasure hold, what could it be that they were coming here for other than the vast wealth of course?


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Connie doesn't actually look through the room except by carefully mirrored reflection until satisfied that the layout precludes a combination of both a nannycam and any modesty. Yay for them??

A quick search is nice, but Femtite's vision strongly recommends the big guns. Connie breaks out a dowsing rod with scarlet and violet electrical tape at the end and methodically goes through the room, paying particular attention to anything Femtite identifies as new.

Unleash: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 = 10


Robertson's residence -- Chastity's room

Femtite doesn't have to look for long before she finds the bag with Jonathan's gift, hanging off the interior doorknob to Chastity's room. Underneath the colored tissue paper is a stuffed panda bear, plump and super soft, and sporting a cute expression. Nothing about it sets off Conflux's mystical warning bells.

The dousing rod gets no blips or resonances within Chastity's room. Following the slightest of tugs, it pulls her out into the hallway. From there, it bends towards a closed door that Maeve has never seen opened and has always assumed was the bedroom of Chastity's parents.

What do you do??

===============

Frozen Paradise:

Indarius begins an inventory of his extensive hoard. He quickly gets the sense of its vast wealth; gold and silver coins in the thousands, with nearly as many gems and works of art. From goblets, chalices, and platters to candelabras, mirrors and lamps, each one is an exquisite piece of inestimable value. He also finds weapons, shields and pieces of armor, bejeweled helmets and gold-plated belts. Some, he senses, resonate with magical enchantments to bless the bearer with enhanced strength, speed, or skill. Jewelry and finery also contribute to his store of treasures, necklaces and rings and other baubles that he had taken from fallen foes or accepted as tribute in ages past.

While many of the treasures were of incalculable value or bore potent enchantments, nothing truly strikes Indarius as special until he spies an elaborate key resting upon a pedestal made of ice and frozen in place. A shiver runs through him, from his nose all the way to his tail the instant he lays eyes on it. His draconic memories give him no insight as to how he had acquired it. Further, he has no idea what it could be for, outside of its obvious utility in that it must unlock something. But whether it should open a door, or a chest, or some other lock, he does not know.

 


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

"Master bedroom isn't a bad place to put something like this, though you do risk some overflow... Let's check it out."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite’s hand reaches for the knob. Then stops.

“Overflow? Wh-what do… do you, no. You don’t mean I’ll suddenly have the hots for Conway after I walk in here, do you? Or… do you mean like Mrs. Robertson is always in the mood to crown Mr. Robertson’s King Richard?”

Femtite’s fingers wrap around the doorknob.

“It’s probably better if I talk less and open the door more, but there’s something Chastity asked of me: to keep her family safe.”

Femtite slowly turns the knob.

“I don’t want to let her down, so I hope if we find something big, they turn out to be victims rather than perpetrators.

“But either way, we’re doing this.”

Femtite attempts to open the door!


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Vampire Weekend:
"It was not my intention for them to so thoroughly disrobe her!" Shin protests to Valerie. "I just wanted to see if she has a way to talk to Quincy - the Questgiver - Connie's brother," He clarifies to her.

"He's done this before, but it was small scale. I didn't feel like a vampire then even though I had some classic looks. This is like I'm fighting to stay awake and not let something terrible take over..."

He scowls as he tries to assess the gear. "These adventurers look like the ones from Quincy's game but I think they're under that same effect. I'm still worried about them attacking us again. I can't hypnotize her because she's resistant. And I don't want to hurt her or anyone else."

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Frozen Paradise:

Taking note of the key Indarius decides the best thing he can do for now is lay in wait for his now expected 'guests' to arrive, so that he can figure out exactly what they want and if they're going to be a threat to the situation here. Perhaps they could lead him to whatever that Key opened, which would surely be more valuable than the key itself.


Roberton's residence

Femtite opens the door and reveals a tidy master bedroom. Clean and well-appointed, the bedroom features a perfectly-made bed, vanity and chest of drawers. Nothing immediately screams that either of the residents of this bedroom are practitioners of the art or summoners. Instead, their faith is prominently on display, with the Christian cross displayed prominently in their wall decorations.

Just as Conflux is about to cross the threshold, Femtite's laser pointer provides the first of its perimeter alerts!

================

Frozen Paradise:

Indarius settles down, content to wait for the group of warriors to come to him. Ultimately, he doesn't have to wait long. The sun has only crossed halfway across the sky before his senses tell him that several human-sized figures suddenly appear at the lowest entrance of his cavern.

He can sense the vibrations of his ice golems as they come to life to defend the way inside. Distant muffled sounds of battle reach his ears, including the telltale FWOOOSH of fire spells. He does not expect his ice minions to prevail, but they are the first of many defenses.

What do you do??

================

Vampire Weekend:

Valerie tilts her head. "Connie's brother? I thought you said it was a reality tear? Who'd you say... Apothic? Apothis-something? And what do you mean, a game? Like, there's no way we're in some kind of computer simulation. It's too real. I can feel everything, including my heart literally not beating. To say nothing about the weird memories."

She shakes her head in frustration and looks over Kyana, tapping her fang with a fingernail. An idea crosses her face and she digs into her crypt, eventually pulling out an old off-white Victorian-style nightrobe.

With a little effort, Kyana is dressed. Valerie steps back and appraises her new state of dress. "Hmm. Not sure if this is more or less creepy. Whatever. I say we wake her up and see what she knows about this 'Quincy' guy. Maybe she's forgotten herself, too."


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Vampire Weekend:
"She has. Though if I recall right, she's likely being played by the same player that played her sister." Also male, but he was going to avoid that can of worms. "...thank you for dressing her. It'll makes things much less awkward. There's her belongings in that pile there if you want to take a look at them. This is all magic, by the way. Though maybe it's something else too. We'll have to find out."

He kneels by the elf, whispering and trying to affect her mind again. "Wake up. You need to remember...remember your true self from beyond this world," He intones, focused on her. "Remember who Quincy really is and how he brought you here..."

Provoke Kyana to remember: 2d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 3 - 2 = 7


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

“30 seconds,” Femtite warns Connie. “I’ll buy time,” she hopes. Femtite makes sure the door to Chas’ room is indeed shut as before, but aside from that she is gone in a flash!

If I try to alter the tech in the elevator, they might already be in it—20 seconds!

She rushes to the elevator—and passes through subatomically! She leaves the high rise as a spark! And the tiny spark flutters down to the door of the high rise.

Wield Goddesslike Beauty: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 = 13
• create something useful from your environment (the natural beauty of winter)
• neutralize a threat (a Robertson entering the building), at least for now

Suddenly, the winter night has a beauty that seems not of this Earth! The stars sparkle like gold, and there seems to be more than usual, as if the good Lord let his cherubs play Connect-the-Dots with the constellations! The golden light reflects across the snowy ground. Anywhere you look, the sparkles seem to come and go! They are faint and subtle, such that you might dismiss them as figments. But after five or ten seconds, you’re sure—it must be the result of this clear, clear night, on which the stars outshine the city lights! Maybe on a farm in The Heartland, stars are always this bright. But for city folk, this is a rare gift—and it’s warm, so warm out! Better enjoy it while it lasts!

Femtite isn’t sure how long this will stall the Robertsons (or other passersby), but she’d rather slow them with beauty than sabotage the elevator.


Vampire Weekend:

Valerie steps back while Shin wakes the elven archer. After a moment, her large eyes flutter open and she instantly recoils from the vampire kneeling over her. Gasping in fright, she scrambles backwards until Shin's words catch up to her.

Her shoulders thump against the nearest crypt and she casts about frantically, feeling her neck for injury and finding nothing. "What are you--? What...? Quincy? Who is... Why am I still alive? I should be..."

Kyana calms down under Shin's steady voice, though confusion still reigns. "I'm Kyana... I'm... I mean, that's..." She rubs her eyes and then looks down at her body. "No. Stop, I don't want to remember!"

She scowls fiercely at Shin. "What are you doing? You're breaking the immersion! This is the greatest adventure Quincy's put together yet! We're not playing anymore, this is for real!" She swallows hard as she takes in her surroundings, then focuses on Shin's teeth. "Am I... are you going to turn me into a vampire?"

Valerie scoffs off to Shin's right. "Huh. Yeah, right." She addresses her vampire sire. "Are you following any of this?"


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Vampire Weekend:
"I think I do. Quincy's been running these games before, only everyone was aware that they were just playing characters. But I guess that's not enough, and some people want to fully escape into this fantasy world. Probably managed to crack how to do it now that magic's been flowing into the world after Mathers wrecked Dr. Infinity's spellbook and released a whole heap of trouble on the world," Shin explains. "You'd really have to ask Indarius or Conflux for some of the specifics."

He looks down at Kyana. "No, I don't plan to turn you into a vampire. I was literally minding my own business before your fantasy world sucked me inside. Now I and she are trapped here and have no way of leaving. I'm a bit peeved about that. Also peeved that this isn't the first instance - when did you all start this full immersion? There's been spillover into Halcyon for weeks."

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Frozen Paradise:

Indarius is quite content with waiting for the gang to press into his primary domain, but that doesn't mean he can't prepare himself in the meantime. Standing he breaths a thick coat of rime onto his own hide and scales to the top level of his central lair, to settle into a nook where he would be able to drop down and get a better engagement on the group. If he were lucky they'd let their greed get the best of them and they'd be easy prey in both ambushing them, as well as figuring out their true motives.


Femtite's winter wonderland distraction is a delight not just to the Robertsons, but to numerous Halcyon citizens. Crowds gather as traffic slows down and people gaze upwards at the beauty.

Inside the apartment, Conflux lets her dowsing rod do its thing, following its subtle tugs around the room. It begins to orient itself towards a nightstand, but before Conflux can inspect it, the rod unexpectedly yanks her hard to the window! The magical tool smacks the window so hard it spiderwebs. Looking outside the window, she sees the building across the street has become a castle right out of a fairy tale book!

Femtite sees the castle as well from her perspective, though it matches so well with her goddesslike beauty that there's a temptation to believe she summoned it along with the starry sky.

In the master bedroom, the dowsing rod continues to be drawn towards the castle, pressing hard against the broken glass. Before she can react, the window gives way fully with a rush of power and Conflux is pitched out into the open air!

Femtite sees Connie blasted outside and starting to free-fall! She dives after her, but just as she grasps her arm, their vision goes fully white and the whole world feels ripped away! The fall becomes unending until they feel weightless, not knowing which direction is up, down, or any other direction!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

Caio Costa wrote:

Site 29

It pains him a bit when Feya mentions she could use more spellcasters. Considering how much he had studied wards, his help would probably had been invaluable... if he still had his talent. "Not really." He answers about his sword. "But get me to the ground and I'll have it in a moment."

"All right. We'll land in the parking lot. Too dangerous to try it in the field," Imagerie says, then instructs the autopilot to land. "You do what you gotta do. I'm going to check in with the rest of the Alliance," she says once he is on the ground. The aerolift takes off once more.

Rain quickly calls forth a brief rain shower to summon Matariel. The sword doesn't react to the strange phenomenon as if it were some power of evil, he notices. Getting close, he could feel the warmer air and the smell of horses, churned earth, and wood smoke.

Suddenly, a loud whinny catches his attention. He spins just in time to see a heavily-armored man on a heavy horse bearing down upon him, a sharp-tipped lance aiming straight at his head! Before he can react, his vision goes fully white and the whole world feels ripped away. Caio feels weightless, not knowing which direction is up, down, or any other direction.
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

----------------------------------------------------
Session 11: Creative Writing 101
----------------------------------------------------

Frozen Paradise:

Intermittent sounds of battle echo through Indarius's lair as the intruders face off against his defenders. Occasionally, the walls would shudder as triggered traps unleash their deadly effects.

Still, the warriors battle through the defenses, and make their way ever closer to the heart of the mountain and its most dangerous denizen. Each trap, each guardian whittling away their resources and softening them up, yet also proving themselves worthy of facing against the great Indarius.

Finally, the warriors get close enough that their voices could be heard.

"Stop. I don't like the looks of those icicles."
"Good catch. Myra, you got a silence spell?"
"Sure do. Should get us past. ̴̡͇̖͍͐̿P̷͇̦͙̙͋͝a̶͕̫͑͋́̕a̴̟͓͓̎̊̋̚y̷̯͕̍̔͌t̶̥̠̘̒̃̀o̵̡̭͇͛̌̈ͅ ̸̳̘͈͖̙͌̊͠D̵̛̟̺͎̘̤̯̠̅̏̏̕ị̶̛̳̗̣͗͗͊͆͠ḧ̶̜̤́̂͊ ̸̨̫̰̓̋̈́́̚Z̸͕̻͉͍̑i̶̡̥͌̽͆̎͂--"

They are much closer the next time Indarius can hear them.

"This is it. This has to be it."
"Hope so. Let's get this done so we go someplace warm."
"My companions, it has been a pleasure fighting by your side. Should death find us this day, know that our ancestors shall sing us to the Halls of Heroes."
"No one's finding death today! The whole world depends on us getting that key."

The group comes within sight of Indarius. He sees a halfling girl wearing a holly wreath riding upon a ferocious-looking tiger, a mountain of a man easily seven feet tall and rippling with muscles wielding a massive hammer, a human woman in cleric's robes holding a staff capped with a golden sunburst, a lean and lithe-looking grey-skinned elf with white hair carrying a number of daggers and a short bow, and a bald man with a goatee in a cloak inscribed with arcane symbols.

"Whoa. Look at all that treasure," the grey-skinned elf says.
"I'm seeing it. What I'm not seeing? The dragon," the cleric says.
The halfling pats the tiger's flank. "Sacha? Smell anything?" It tests the air and answers with a deep rumble in its throat. "It's here."
"What about the key?"
The bald man answers the elf. "Dragon first, key last."

What do you do??

Vampire Weekend:

Recognition shows on Kyana's face. "You! You're the same vampire as that PVP session!" She scowls at him. "Your werewolf buddy killed Eliana! Weren't you, like, superheroes or something?"

"No, he was the werewolf," Valerie corrects.

She pushes herself up to her feet and makes a face at the old-timey nightgown. "The hell am I wearing?" She tugs on it, then hugs herself against the chill of the underground crypt. "No, it was you, the demon chick, the werewolf guy, and the sorcerer dude who busted up Quincy's first campaign."

Valerie folds her arms and mutters, "I'm pretty sure he said he'd been a werewolf."

Kyana ignores her. "It took him a while to redo his campaign, but when he did..." She gestures to everything around them. "It's awesome. It's so great that we all decided to just keep playing. Except, it's not playing anymore. This is my life. I'm going to stay--"

Her eyes go wide. "Oh, the Quest!! It makes sense now! A vampire, a demon, a warlord, and... a dragon. Wait. It should be a sorcerer, shouldn't it?"

Caio:

Caio's vision snaps back from the disorienting white-out. Blinking against the stinging haze of smoke from barely-checked fires, he lifts his great helm off his head and tucks it under his arm. The ring of swords clashing still echo across the battlefield, but they are mere skirmishes -- few pockets of resistance that will inevitably be silenced. The day was won, his horde victorious once again.

Gripping the reins of his heavy warhorse Wolf, Caio guides his steed through the battlefield to the captured camp of the enemy. There, his elite legion holds the leaders of the vanquished army.

"General Costa," the bloodied man spits. He is wearing a general's tabard and what would have been fine armor had it not been dented and rent. "You and your accursed sword may have won today, but the free peoples of Harrowguard will resist you!"

One of Caio's captains grins sadistically at the beaten general, showing rotted teeth. "Let them! It ain't no fun without resistance. Ain't that right, my lord?"

Caio gets visions of brutal conquest, of his horde of soldiers and warbeasts and machines of war marching across the land. He feels himself agreeing with Durg, one of his lieutenants...

And then he remembers himself.

What do you do??

Femtite and Conflux:

The white weightless void snaps away. The view from balcony overlooking the castle's smaller turrets, walls and courtyard from a dizzying height fills Femtite with a surge of cruel delight. Every soul within the castle's walls was now demon-possessed and under her control. Well, every soul except one.

She turns and strides into the tower's interior. The room is opulent, with a magnificent bed of the finest silks and softest down draped with gauzy curtains, carved and lacquered furniture, and walls painted the brightest of colors. It was the quintessential princess' room. And its occupant is the quintessential princess.

Princess Constance, captured and helpless, is still wearing the elaborate ball gown she had on when the demoness struck her kingdom and enslaved the people within the castle. Her voluminous hair is braided and woven into an elaborate coiffure with a bejeweled tiara, the bodice of her gown laced tightly to show off her ample bust and narrow waist, and her arms are covered in satin gloves.

The demon's skin is a burning, molten red, her batlike wings framing her body, while her mismatched horns -- one curved and one bent -- exude an air of menace. Her own black dress is made of ash and smoke and flame, draping down to the floor and singeing the lovely carpet.

As the demon enters her room, Princess Constance clutches the key around her neck, inscribed with the lessons of formality and behavior befitting a daughter of royalty and binding her to her family. While both a blessing and a curse, it is the only thing that is keeping the demon from possessing her and ruling her kingdom forever.

It is a stalemate; the princess a helpless prisoner but untouchable by the demon. As long as she lives, the demon's victory is incomplete. The princess can only hope for heroes to come save her. But can she hold out?

Connie blinks and comes back to herself.

Femtite, however, does not.

What do you do??


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Fem-Con:
“Princess Constance,” the demoness says with a sneer, “you would do well to remove that key. It does no good to the drooling masses. They belong to me now.”

She bursts into sparks!—and reappears by the bed! But not too close, not so close, that damned key!

“You will be mine as well, princess. Together, we shall rule. Your body, my soul… and yours too, along for the ride. Eyes are the window, you know. Relinquish control! What romance, to take your body within these satin sheets. Let us replace that accursed key on your neck with my kiss. I will burn a kiss upon your tender flesh!—the mark that says you belong to me!”

The demoness gives the princess an impossibly wide grin, jagged teeth emanating a fiery hue like the stalactites of Hell!


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Vampire Weekend:
"I was a werewolf briefly in another reality bending incident," He clarifies for Valerie, "Brought on by a different guy with the power to shift between different realities and do the same to his surroundings. I thought this might be him, but it's clearly not. Quincy's 'session' put me in the vampire role, though definitely more of a Bela Lugosi vibe. And..."

He listens to Kyana, considering what's being said. "If that's the case...shit. That means the rest of the team might be swept up in this as well. We'll need to find them to try and get out of this, I think," He says to Valerie.

"Here's the big question for you, 'Kyana'," Shin says. "More than just players or superheroes are getting swept into this scenario. What happens when people who have been brought in and brainwashed to believe they're a servant or a cultist or some other bad guy gets killed by one of you?"

He lets that question sink in for a moment. "Look, clearly you enjoy this life. Because you get to be the hero. You've idealized this life and made it a black and white issue. You know one of your party members cut down one of the servants with me. His name is Wadsworth here. He could very well just be one of the people in the cinema that I was in when I was drawn into this world. If not for the healing potion we took from you, he would have died."

He steeples his fingers together. "Help me out here. I need to talk to Quincy. How do I do that? Before someone dies," He presses.

Provoke Kyana to tell him how to contact Quincy (Guilty): 2d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 - 2 = 11


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

I know he worked off an archetype, but getting a magic boob job from your brother has to be one of the weirder side effects of this place,
Connie jokes to herself, ensuring that thoughts of her choosing fill her conscious mind while she briefly ignores her currently evil ex, a finger raised in a pause.

Okay. That was a decidedly nonstandard way of joining the game. Very likely it's what Feya was failing to identify/refusing help with. Nonstandard entry + effects extending across the city = He's juiced. Plausibly he wasn't even trying to nab me/us.

So. Can't count on him being too afraid of Dad to do something that leaves a mark this time. Can't count on any of the other rules being the same either.

But if he didn't put me here on purpose, if the rules are different. I shouldn't make assumptions about what I can do...

Assess: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3) + 3 = 11 What here can I use to escape the castle? How could we best end this quickly?


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Fem-Con:
The demoness hovers with one leg crossed over the other, batwings thrusting fire onto the carpet to keep herself afloat while she intermittently wags her pointy tail in irritation.

How long does it take her to f!$+ing think? Princesses are so dense.

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Frozen Paradise:

Indarius's eye's flick between the various people, trying to assign them arbitrary archetypes based on thier appearance. The bald man was obviously their wizard, the grey-elf, some manner of ranger or rogue, and probably another knockoff of a popular fantasy novel character to boot. The human woman was a cleric of some kind and the large man likely a warrior or barbarian, finally with the way the half-pint spoke to her beast, a druid perhaps. They really were trying to pull out all the stops to put him down, but they did know about the key and it's use.

Well he'd have to treat these guests properly then if they dare intrude here with the baleful intent to kill him. But he wasn't a monster no. Although players possessing pawns probably, they won't die if he were to kill them, but could he bring himself to do it if there were even a chance these were real people?

He had to weaken them to the point that they couldn't be a threat and tell him about the key and Quincy.

DE: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
Swooping down from his perch he went for probably the most obvious target that would do him harm first, the wizard but something in his heart caused him to divert at the last second instead landing with a great blast of snow, ice, and theater.

"So you're who have been making a ruckus in my home all day. You know had you called from the entrance I would have deemed you an audience and seen to what you wanted right? I don't actually enjoy killing or fighting, and it seems you've taken plenty of joy tearing apart my lovely home. Tell me what it is you want adventurers and where might I find whoever sent you, and you may leave here with your lives as well as a paltry sum."


The Princess and the Demon:

Connie's mind catalogues the similarities and differences between this reality and the ones she'd been subjected to when she and Quincy still lived under the same roof. His earliest forays had been paltry shared illusions, but they'd grown in complexity and immersion to the point where he was creating literal demiplanes that operated according to the rules of the fantasy games he played.

This however is leagues beyond anything she'd known him to be capable of.

The world has a substance to it that feels fully authentic. Connie can sense there are more than veneers and facades overlaying the aetheric construction of this game world. Whatever power-up he got from Dear Old Dad's bid for ultimate power, it was substantial.

Furthermore, she'd been used to Quincy assigning roles to her -- primarily damsels in distress to annoy her. This time, the role of helpless princess in the tower is a very real shackle on her capabilities. She might still have her mind to herself, but as she looks at her hands she can tell they've not had the experience of toil. Even the task of tearing her bedsheets and weaving them into a rope looks too much for her delicate fingers and their perfect nails. The only immediate advantage she sees in this role is that she is fully immune from harm by this demonic version of Femtite.

Assuming Quincy's usual game-mastering style is still at play, others within the game are probably being handed a quest to save the princess in the tower. It gives her no easy way to make her own bid for freedom, but eventually some brave heroes will push through and rescue her. Unfortunately, they'll have to go through Femtite.

She might be able to come to more revelations with time to fully ponder the situation, but not with the fire demon making scorch marks on the rugs.

Vampire Weekend:

Kyana shakes her head in denial. "No, we're not killing people! It's the same as before! No one in the game but us! If we die, we go to the Hall of Heroes, our character is retired, and we make another! Quincy's not a killer! Wadsworth's probably not even real."

She gestures to the two vampires before her. "I don't know why he's brought you here! Maybe it's part of the game! Or part of the quest! We have to get a key from you. We don't even need to kill you or anything. But we need the four keys! This world's fate depends on it!"

When Shin pushes her to put him in contact with Quincy, she bites her lip. "I don't know how you talk to him. Ever since I... forgot my old life, we've been just adventuring. He's the Questgiver, but you have to bring the quest item to the Hall. I suppose, if you let me have the key, I can bring you along? Maybe it'll work?"

Valerie steps forward, baring her fangs. "We just give it to you, like that?"

Kyana snarls back. "Yeah. Like that. You want to see the Questgiver? Let me complete this quest."

Frozen Paradise:

Indy, take a condition, your choice

Indarius's initial surprise attack smashes against the adventurers' prepared defenses. The ones with weapons hold them at the ready while the spellcasters' hands crackle with magic. The tiger roars in defiance.

"One act of mercy does not unmake years of tyranny!" the priestly woman replies.

The large man hefts his warhammer. "The people of Whitehelm have lived beneath the yoke of fear for too long. I have pledged to lift that burden."

The ash-colored elf steps out from his hiding spot, twirling a dagger on his fingers. "It's true we want that, but our specific goal is a key within your possession. It's swift recovery is vitally important, so if your terms truly are for us to tell you what we seek and who sent us, then I believe that's quite fair. The Questgiver bade us find it, and three others. And at the risk of sounding melodramatic, the fate of the entire world is at stake."

The others look in astonishment at the elf, then back at the mighty dragon to see how he reacts.

What do you do??


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Princess & Demoness:
The demoness paces about impatiently as Princess Constance acts like she’s got more etiquette than Connecticut. No crying ‘help,’ no warnings about knights in shining armor, no vase-throwing tantrums. She’s just sitting pretty and flipping the bird with the wrong finger. Ditz!

Well two can play at THAT game, the game which is entitled ‘I’m Not Frazzled Either!’

The demoness poofs into sparks—and she reappears over the princess’ left shoulder (without touching!) at conscience-size. “I can’t tempt you…” She disappears—

—and appears at her normal size, hanging upside-down from the canopy bed. “I can’t touch you…”

Her wings spew flames as she jet-back-flips onto the floor again. “And the way you’re behaving so UN-befittingly of a princess, I can’t even look at you!”

She turns her back to the princess and crosses her arms!

“Bug-Eye! I summon you to look at the princess for me!”


Princess & Demoness:
From the depths of the abyss and through a POOF of deep purple smoke, an eyeball with dragonfly wings appears!

:: Yes, Mistress. ::

It hovers close to Princess Constance, but not so close that it enters her personal bubble. It stares at her, unblinking. Because it can’t blink, for it has no eyelids. It’s just an eyeball with wings.

5,451 to 5,500 of 6,140 << first < prev | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Those Halcyon Days II -- All New, All Different All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.