Those Halcyon Days II -- All New, All Different

Game Master Stalwart

Moves
Core playbooks


5,701 to 5,750 of 6,140 << first < prev | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Off the Road, Into the Void:

Umboriax leans in close as the second skin slowly regenerates around his face and limbs, no longer afraid or hurt by the tiny attempt at light.

Directly Engage(Myra): 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 1 = 10
Resist blows, Take Safe route(way back to the Faerie road) away

Coiling a crushing hand around Myra he lifts her close as somehow the void stretches to dim even the light she attempts to make casting. It threatens to swallow even the distant Faerie bridge. For the first time since becoming the fel beast Umboriax, Indarius's voice sounds clearly through the haze.

"No, betrayer. The brightest light casts the deepest shadow."

He barely pays any attention to the approaching band of heroes treading the shadowy lands. But turns placing Myra in the way of the oncoming lightning-wreathed weapon with unnatural speed as the water bubble surrounds her, like that of a shadow lashing about in the flickering torch light. The voice of the shadow beast returns in Myra's ear slick with venom, "Tell me priestess, how does the blade of an ally feel to you?"


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Void, Where Prohibited:
Desperate, the little fey pushes all of her water-self onto the beast, enveloping its head in water that glitters with Ninavae’s intensified light.

Wield (neutralize Umboriax for now): 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 + 1 = 8

She calls to the priestess, “Valorian is with us! Hang in there! I don’t know how long my water can hold that thing!”


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

The general takes the key back, putting it around his neck and then inside his vest. Beneath a layer of cloth, quilt, hardened leather, and then steel, he thought it to be safe.

"I've not heard of any Questgiver, but I've been told the great heroes are coming for me." He says, pointing towards the direction of the battle. "And I'm inclined to think they are close now."

"You are correct that this fight is largely irrelevant to us, for all these people aren't real... just empty shells as my associates in the League of Corpses have informed me." The General explains, once again looking at his battle map. "Yet, it is within my role to care for it. I'm not sure how your role has affected you, Princess, but I believe you might have similar impulses."

"On the matter of the rules governing this reality, I'm certain it is drawing from our own talents to sustain itself... and when I say our I mean the other real people trapped in here, because since I've relinquished mine, I'm an exception." He explains, somewhat frustrated. "Everyone I saw prior to your arrival resembles someone from Halcyon. That being said, it could be possible for someone versed in the mystical arts to exert their willpower into shaping this world. Instead of looking for the rules, you might be able to simply create your own."

Back to her, he puts a hand on her shoulder, making an extra effort to show the sympathy this role was never capable of. "Even with Indarius lost in his rage, your geniality is still more than enough. There is on one in all realms that I'd trust more, Princess Constance." He looks into her eyes, dead serious, before smirking. "I'm sure you can bust us out of here."

Support, Love, Influence, Angry: 2d6 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 8


Void Battle

The dragon, a black shape in the dark void drinking in the feeble light of the cleric, interposes her body before the warrior's mighty blow! He pulls his weapon back, but too late as the fell creature thrusts her upon the bladed tip. Her body goes limp, a soft whimper escaping her throat in answer to Umboriax's cruel question.
Raiden, take Guilty

"NO!!" Valorian cries out in dismay. Kipple shouts in wordless anguish and Jade roars.

"Holy s~+&!" Elise gasps.

Oshka engulfs the shadow in her water bubble, occupying the threat and forestalling its moment of triumph. In the moment the faerie gives, the heroes gather around the fallen.

Valorian takes Myra's hand. "Rest in Ninavae's light, brave hero."

Ty'leth also kneels beside her. "We'll see it through. Know that you did not die alone, surface child."

Kip leaps off her tiger and gives Myra's body a fierce and teary hug.

The moment is tender, but brief. The heroes who knew Myra well say farewell to their companion and then stand with resolve in their eyes as they face the shadow dragon. Valorian's shield blazes with light as he takes his sword up. Greenish energy crackles around Kip and verdant armor appears on Jade. Ty'leth disappears into the gloom.

Elise's demeanor changes. Her eyes turn an intense blue and white crystals float around her as she flicks a wrist to send the ice dragon charging! Jade roars and pounces, and Valorian issues a challenge!

It's on!


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Oshka is shaken, horrified, shocked… she silent mourns the woman, but with each tear drop, a rage bubbles with her tiny form.

—and as the warriors surround the beast, the nixite says in a seething tone, “You speak like a person, but you slaughtered a good woman like an animal. You are no great wise dragon. Just an oversized worm. I wouldn’t feed your corpse to the fish in my pond.”

Cold and Cruel: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 = 7
• Both Percy and I take conditions. (Angry for Femtite)
• Percy takes a second condition as Femtite loses her hold over him for that remark.

The water fey draws her water back to herself, hoping the beast hates her too much to contemplate fleeing, so the warriors may kill it.


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Dammit. Should have waited for everyone. At least her player will come back-

"YOU FIENDISH CRETIN! COWARDLY WASTREL USING SOMEONE AS A SHIELD! I WILL TWIST YOUR HEAD OFF AND PRESENT IT TO DUSK BEFORE I BEHEAD HIM TOO!"

...I'm learning a lot about myself today.

Directly Engage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1) + 1 = 7

Creating an opportunity for his allies.

Throwing off electric arcs, the barbarian warrior leaps unnaturally into the air before coming down like a lightning bolt to pierce through the dragon's side. His reckless assault leaves himself open, but serves as a great distraction for the rest of his party!

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

TaPb: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 2 = 9
you give ground; your opposition gets an opportunity

Umboriax is busy watching the priestess's allies gather round her from inside his bubble chamber. There is no smug expression, no vaunting look of victory or superiority, in fact if anyone in the void actually cared the dragon looked remorse at the killing of the priestess.

"It hurts worst when it comes from those you've shown trust." Those echoing whispered voices sound from the dragon, perhaps now they'd see it from his point of view.

The bubble faded and Umboriax was about to take his leave before the lightning wreathed warrior leaps at him and lands a glancing blow on his shadowed hide. Just as sweet as his little victory is he feels skeletal wing bones pierce his shoulder, lifting and throwing him away. The dragon's calm morose shattering as quickly as it came. "They will stab you in the back as they did me Warrior!" Hissing with ill content at Raiden gives the team a moment to act.

As they all charge in the battle is taken up anew. Umboriax rearing backwards to avoid the light shrouded shield of Valorian, a tangle of thorny shadow tendrils sprout from the ground under Kip and her tiger in an attempt to trap them. Umboriax swings round and slaps the vibrant raiment of Jade, and swats Ty'leth with a heavy paw his eyes glaring especially angrily at him and his failed ambush. The brewing of revenge is cut short as Elise's Ice dragon.

The two draconic entities clash, tumbling up and over the party. The void thrums around them. "You would not let even my corpse rest after your betrayal! Who here is the true evil!" For several moments the two gigantic beasts tangle. While it does give them time to regroup for another assault, the party can't intervene without risking themselves.

"I was perfect!"
Umboriax lands a mighty clawed strike against the living statue's face, causing it to splinter, crack, and stumble. -Clash-
"I was trusting!"
Charging into the false idol he used his forward facing horns to gore it in the throat and lift it's front off of the ground. -Crash-
"Yet you killed me and took my sky!"
A great gate of pitch opens above both dragons and Umboriax thrusts his shadow laden skeletal wing talong through the portal and into the spine of the ice dragon, as well as his front claws into it's chest. -Crack- With a great heave he splits the imposter in half which compromises it's structure enough that it explodes into dangerous shards of ice that clink on the ground. -Shatter-

If the umbral dragon needed to draw breath it wasn't clear, but it's entire body retracted and sagged in sorrow, before the little light present dims once again and he vanishes in the darkness.

He attempts to flee back to the general to report the death of one of the heroes.


Void Battle

Raiden, take a powerful blow

The battle is fierce, as cloying shadows stymie Valorian and Jade while Umboriax fights off Raiden and then Elise's animated ice dragon. Ty'leth's daggers strike from the darkness but fail to harm the enraged monster.

Raiden exchange brutal blows, but the mighty warrior withstands the assault!

Finally, after excoriating words from Oshka, the shadow drake slinks away into the darkest parts of the void. The enraged Raiden sees this as an opportunity and throws a javelin at the retreating beast!

No DE in this case, but you can still lodge the javelin in Umboriax for a future move

Elise steps over to the shattered remains of her dragon construct and kicks at the chunks of ice. "The beast spoke many strange words," she says in a new accent but suited to her. It's rich and throaty, evoking a far-off land. "It said it had been betrayed, and its corpse had not been lain to rest? Could it be a revenant, seeking revenge against the living?"

Valorian goes back to the body of Myra and lifts her in his arms. "I cannot say, Elise. We may have failed to avenge Myra, but we cannot let this become an obsession. Princess Constance still needs us, and now we must find our way our of this dark place."


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Ohhhh, that's definitely Percy. Wow, he's really angry-

Never Give Up, Never Surrender (Influence): 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 1 + 1 = 7 Marking Angry, and get an opportunity or opening against your attacker.

Raiden takes a hard hit, but somehow twists himself in the air as he flies, landing with a crash onto the ground and letting out another battlecry. "The one murdering maidens is the evil one! You are evil begotten by evil. My spear may be stained with her blood, but your hand pressed her heart into it!"

The shadow shatters the ice, and in the fading light afterwards he sees his opportunity. Drawing a javelin from his pack, he infuses it with the fury of the storm, before hurling it forward! It lodges into the beast's body before it slinks into the dark.

After that, Raiden goes to Myra's body mournfully. "This was never my intention. I am sorry," He says to her, taking the moment to cast a prayer to the goddess of the storms on her behalf.

"May Kai-Leigh guide your spirit to the unclouded horizon," He rumbles, before turning to Elise and the fairy. "We've wandered too far from the path. Can you find the road again?"


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

The nixite stands beside Valorian. She looks at the dead woman. “I failed you, Myra. I am truly sorry that you paid the ultimate price for my weakness. Volarian, I… I’m sorry.”

Oshka doesn’t ask forgiveness. She doesn’t deserve it.

She moves toward the Faerie Road, hoping she can still get everyone back on it. Or what use am I…?

Unleash: 2d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 3 - 2 = 6
✴️▶️▶️▶️▶️

Yes. Useless.

The water-self drops to her knees and stares blankly at the void where the Faerie Road should be.


Off the Road

The heroes gather themselves after the battle and follow Oshka solemnly back to where she believed the Faerie Road lay. After a bit of uncertainty, some back-tracking, and then circling around, it becomes painfully evident that the path they had followed was nowhere to be found.

The heroes set off in another direction, then another, and so on. The urgency of their task driving them, precious time is wasted as they truly have no idea which way to go.

Eyes turn to Elise, the apprentice to the Snow Witch. Unfortunately, her training does not provide her any better insight than the faerie who had volunteered to guide them. But as the omnipresent gloom presses upon them from all sides, she draws in a deep breath. "There is something I can do."

Stepping a short distance away from the group, she kneels upon the colorless ground and presses her hands against it until a thick coating of ice forms. She then wipes it free of the powdery frost until a clear sheet of ice is revealed. Chanting softly under her breath, Elise runs her hands around the pane in a circular motion. A soft white glow illuminates the ice.

A Whispered Conversation:

"Hello, Godmother."
"Elise. Reaching out to me so soon? Has this dalliance of yours finally made you see reason?"
"Exactly the opposite. These champions are true heroes."

A mocking cackle titters from the other side. "Their quests are fools' errands. But you did not call me to continue this debate, did you, girl?"
"No. We are lost, off the Faerie Roads."
"..."
"It was with good reason we left them. I will make no further excuses."
"Very well. You need my guidance, then?"
"You know it."
"Will you pay the cost?"
"I did not contact you were I prepared otherwise. How long?"
"Five years, five months, and five days."
"... I accept."
"Of course you do. Though... you may purchase your freedom, and the freedom of whomever you choose. All it will cost... is a key from 'round the neck of the General or the Princess."
"Anyone I choose?"
"Mmm-hmm."
"I will consider it. Goodbye, Godmother."

Elise returns from the spot where she'd sequestered herself. "I've found a way out. Follow the path of ice." She throws her hands up and a circle of ice forms from her feet and spreads out to encompass all the heroes. Then a path of frozen ground spreads from the circle, leading off into the darkness.


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

While Witch is off doing something mysterious and witchy, Oshka approaches Warrior.

“I like your companions. They truly care for each other. I just wish we weren’t too late for their friend…

“But you were amazing, Warrior! You were brave and unrelenting against that cowardly monster, and your words to it—such an eloquent reprimand of that vile murder. Your actions and words show how you exemplify a moral strength that rivals your physical strength.

“I can never hope to be a tenth of the hero you are, but if we face such evil again, I shall place my hope in you.”

One of Oshka’s tears falls to the ground and ripples.

C&S Best Of: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 + 1 = 9


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Okay, Myra's dead - does she get revived and added to the party as soon as possible or not until one returns to the Heroes' Hall? Percy's pretty much as trapped as I am, and looks like Valerie's also fallen under, which sucks because I was hoping she could knock me conscious. I have to rely on my subconscious desires and needs right now to pull me the right direction...gods help me.

"I caused a great deal of suffering for everyone with my carelessness. It was the dragon's hand that dealt the final blow for certain, and he may have rended her with tooth and nail instead, but it wounds me to know it was my halberd that did the deed." He somberly tells the fairy.

He listens briefly to what Elise is doing - enough to understand who she was reaching out to and that a deal was being struck - but decides he doesn't need to know the details. She would tell him or not.

Instead, he approaches Valorian, offering his halberd. "I know for some gods, this would be a martyr's instrument now. I dare not wash Myra's blood from it. You and her are of Nynavae, so I will grant you it to be a relic of her faith. I cannot use a weapon that has shed the blood of a friend."

Hoping to clear Guilty by giving up his main weapon here. Also opening up to clear Angry as well.


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Oshka listens to the harsh truth of the Warrior’s words, but before she can respond, he is off to Valorian—offering the good paladin something far greater than kind words.

The fey is at a loss for what to do. I had it all right in my head—trap the monster, Myra gets away—and when it was too late, distract the monster so Warrior can kill it.

But I was a step behind… and so what did I really accomplish? I brought death to my new friends. They’ll tell me I’m no good, and they’re right…

Her mind wanders to a dark place as she slowly skates along the icy trail. She keeps replaying the same three visions from her dream. They felt familiar when she awoke, especially the Dream of Death. It seemed so real, though the creatures were strange even to fey. As that one image plays in her head again and again and again, it gradually loses its potency. Myra’s faint gasp as she tries to utter a last word. The blood. The heroes mourning her… this image replaces the dead firebug. The firebug is a figment. Myra was real…

The little fey’s heart feels heavier. And after a moment, when she tries to imagine the dead firebug, she can’t picture the creature in her lap. And after a while, when she thinks ‘Dream of Death,’ she only sees Myra.


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

I get that he 'ells' her, but how can he trust her more?

...Well who are You f@@@ing kidding anyways?

"Knowledge and theorems have never been enough to move the world. One needs to be tremendously strong, or one needs a lever. Even did I know it to be sufficient, I would not yet risk using our keys, but there will be others...

"Still, the simplest path to the heart of things may be these heroes. If your Dragon can fetch me hither, can he do the same for them? And can you ready an appropriate welcome should that not be the path they would wish to tread? I fear this and not the melee outside is the true battle, and only one of natures is to win battles. The other's is to wait, and to endure."


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

"I have no idea of Umboriax's powers and capabilities, but I think so." He says, looking at the shadows of his command tent. "Do you mind trying to reach him with your verses like before? I can't stomach this sort of speech."

"About preparing for these heroes' arrival, I fear there is no amount of talk that will dissuade them from trying to take my key resorting to violence... I am, by the nature of circumstances, an unredeemable villain who will use any means to thwart and trick them."

"With that in mind, I've came to realize that most people are most vulnerable when surprised." He explains. "They have come to me expecting to fight a seasoned warrior, yet I'm doubtful they will also expect to fight Umboriax... and I'm certain they do not expect to fight you." With that, he moves across his tent and knees by a large chest, which he drags closer to the princess. "No villain of respect doesn't have a chest full with treasures and potent magic itens, waiting for the heroes to pillage, right?" As he opens it, he adds. "Take a look, princess."

"I have a mind of using you as bait, pretending to bound you and have you as my hostage. We can talk to them about the keys, but during the whole thing I should play my part as the a~~*!#& butcher, for it is important that they do not realize we are allies. When and if the battle starts, I'll 'make a mistake' and give them the opportunity to rescue you... and in this case, you'll be in a prime position to get them."

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Soldier, Poet, Queen:
Umboriax lands unusually heavily in the generals camp, not that he had been flying but coming out of the shadows and reforming into his full form he nearly collapsed for a moment. The lightning warrior had lodged a stick in his hide and he would need help to remove such a deep seated element.

He made a winding path towards the tent of General Costa once more, silent as death itself. Before pawing at the flap of the building and moving to lounge with a languid expression slightly away from the entrance.


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Since with a better reading of the typo Connie would actually open up instead of just moving directly into 'Sad Girl Time,' a quick moment

Conflux. wrote:

I get that he 'ells' her, but how can he trust her more?

...Well who are You f$*$ing kidding anyways?

"Well," Princess Constance's cheeks burn, her pokerface much, much worse than usual. "I suppose it would do little harm to inform you that it was not by chance that yours was the camp I sought. A mercy in many ways that we have both been able to keep our wits instead of giving in entirely to what now lies before us."

"Yet knowledge and theorems have never been enough to move the world. One needs to be tremendously strong, or one needs a lever. Even did I know it to be sufficient, I would not yet risk using our keys, but there will be others...

"Still, the simplest path to the heart of things may be these heroes. If your Dragon can fetch me hither, can he do the same for them? And can you ready an appropriate welcome should that not be the path they would wish to tread? I fear this and not the melee outside is the true battle, and only one of our natures is to win battles. The other's is to wait, and to endure."

I'll clear Angry - she's still very Guilty

***

"I will have to be careful, General. I am constrained by ability and by nature from certain courses, but perhaps what lies within your- pleasingly compact booty? -trove will allow us surprising paths to victory. E'en should it not contain a weapon, if a piece is of unstable make, it may prove yet more useful still."

As she rummages she stops and looks directly into his eyes. "If I am to be bound, I must be able to free myself."

Assess: 2d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 - 2 = 10 What here is the biggest threat? What here could I use as a power battery?

As the shadow of Umboriax's presence makes itself known, Constance steps out from the tent to examine him. "Well, Dragon. It seems your might has ends; I am certain that one such as you must have been warned that power was not sufficient to protect oneself in the absence of preparation and care. How fortunate for you that you are not truly alone."

She steps over to the fragment embedded in his scales. "General, your own might will be needed to this purpose"

Logical Support: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10 I'll clear Afraid if he opens up. Probably take Insecure if he doesn't

Returning to his snout, she pulls up a stool and sits.

"You are freer than most, yet clearly bound in some ways, especially to the narrative that guides us all. Is this the remnant of a battle with our noble heroes? Could you lead them hence? Could you find the one that guides them?"


General's Tent

Reports come in regarding the efforts to root out the heroes. The efforts to breach the dam was thwarted by the heroes teleporting in and disarming the blasting charges. They then retreated inside the town before reinforcements could pin them down.

The resultant cat-and-mouse game in the city streets has favored the heroes. Unfortunately, when General Costa's forces have located and engaged them, it has been small-scale skirmishes in the streets of the town that have favored the small band of uniquely skilled heroes. Magic, archery and skill-at-arms have prevailed against the forces trying to flush them out.

Messengers repeatedly arrive with new updates and requests for new orders while the horde of mercenaries maneuver outside the city walls.

As this is going on, the general and the princess discuss the real battle and the upcoming confrontation with the band of heroes. Princess Constance reviews the store of treasures amassed by the evil general during his various conquests.

She finds amidst the expected gold, precious stones, jewelry, and works of art a bejeweled scepter and a diamond-encrusted tiara of staggering beauty. No weapons or armor are found within the general's treasures; likely they would be on his person or shared amongst his captains.

The tiara calls to Princess Constance. She has a sense that it would restore her torn and tattered gown, correct any makeup blemishes incurred over these recent events, and assert her right to rule her kingdom. The demons would flee before her purity and beauty, unable to bear to remain in her presence.

The scepter is something else. It thrums with power. Wielding it, Constance could do more than sing along with woodland creatures. She could get men to fall under her sway with her music.

Wielding both would be a significant upgrade to Constance's power, but likely at the cost of losing her sense of self to the persona rising from princess to queen.

One of the guards posted outside the pavilion tent opens the flap escorting a familiar pink-haired girl. "My lord. This girl claims to have a message from one of the heroes."

Skyler shrugs out of the guard's grip. "I do. She said to tell you that she remembers Halcyon. She said that if you know what that means, you'll want to read the note. He has it," she says jerking her head toward the guard.

Giving Skyler a suspicious glare, the guard holds up a note tied around the back half of an arrow with yellow fletching. "She was carrying this, yes sir," the guard confirms.

Note:

General Costa,
My name is Kyana, but I also played Eliana. I know this is, or used to be a game. I have a feeling you might be one of the superheroes that joined the game with Quincy where Eliana died. I've already met Shin and Valerie.
They gave up the key they were guarding, and the world rewarded them. They're now heroes themselves.
If you remember who you used to be, I ask that you please consider giving us your key. This world depends on it.
Please. I love my new life as Kyana. I don't want to go back to Halcyon. Can we meet under a flag of truce? Give Skyler your answer and she'll bring it to me.
--Kyana

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Umboriax watches Constance with leery eyes filled with frustration, sorrow, and behind both of those worry. Shifting slightly to open one paw near Constance and drop a bloody pendant and fragments of ever-ice next to her. In the faint light his voice sounds like it's just barely a remnant upon the wind, a forgotten thing lost somewhere in a deep cave system.

"The first betrayer is no more, wounded by my hand, taken by one with an eager obsession for the sunset." The paw curls back towards his body silently, craning his long serpentine neck to look at the spear.

"Separated from friends and faith, I plotted her death, but upon a Fae road of light they did tread. Ambushing me in the void between, lead by a blind foolish Faerie daughter of the lake it seems. But now they are stranded I know not how long. A parting gift from the warriors heartsong."

He turns back to Constance once more, "They used my dead body, couldn't leave it to rest. A power of the ice witches brood if I had to guess. But in those fleeting moments when I killed myself again, in the shards of Ice. I caught the palace of heroes where..." The shadow creature stops, the tendrils of shadow rippling upon his hide in a panic. His eyes glaze and droop as one who is remembering a great tragedy in their life. The voice returns with even less vigor forcing Constance to strain against the sounds of the camp to hear it clearly."Where he was betrayed and died before my unholy birth. The one who sends them.. the questgiver behind doors that open only to heroes rests."

The dragon falls silent, sliding down into whatever position that would be comfortable. But in this world of light there is no true comfort he could obtain, so instead he just tries his damnedest to curl into the shadows of the tent nearest which he lays to hide from the daggers of the sun.
Hope that's enough to open up, Constance probably feels that if she pushes too much more he might fall back into his morose rampage.


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Princess Constance nearly jerks with surprise when Skyler catches her, but manages to remind herself that there's nothing to catch, and that Skyler clearly doesn't recognize anyone involved so there's extra nothing to catch.

Okay, so... Femtite is leading the heroes here on a Fae road of light. Plausibly she's still a demon and is tricking them... but then I don't think she'd have gained access to Fae roads. Mm. Unless she just chose not to tell me about those? Not impossible, but she would have used it as leverage, so it's more likely that something happened to her like with Percy after she flew off in a snit. So... she probably doesn't know who she is again. F~*+in' fantastic.

Eager obsession for the sunset... Obsession with the Empire of the *rising* sun would be a weeb, so probably no ninjas or samurai or whatever. Obsession with sunset... vampire? Could be Shin, he was a dracula last time he got trapped in here. Might also be like... stalking the shadow roads or whatever. Did Quincy do shadow vampires? Whatevs. More data needed. Dusk is a plausible one too. Again, the opposite of Horizon, but another half-link to Shin. Maybe two halves make a whole?

But we know that there's a palace of heroes and that that's where the questgiver is, behind doors that only fallen heroes get to travel through... Okay, so. Kill Shin and Val? But like, pin a note to their soul so they realize what's going on? Wait, what f$%%ing key does *Shin* have? Or was it Percy's key that they were guarding? That would definitely explain his whole 'AHH! NOO! BETRAYAL!!' vibe, but it's hard to imagine Shin going for that plan. Easier to imagine with Val, but... Yeah, no that doesn't fit.

She stoops and picks up the shards of a hero's death. This'll help... Scepter too. Just need to get a song so stuck in their heads that it'll still be with them after they die. Then hope they can take care of business by themselves, or, better, let me in too... Y'know, I've had worse plans. "Good dragon." She pats his flank.

"General, I believe your true opponent lies within the halls of the hallowed dead. To assail him would require a hero suborned and slain. If I can provide one, perhaps you can provide the second?"


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Caio takes the note and reads it carefully. "I'll meet Kyana, but her alone, at the old fort by the woods. I'll be there at noon." He tells 'Skyler'.

As they leave, he turns to Umboriax and the princess, handing her the note.

Note:
General Costa,
My name is Kyana, but I also played Eliana. I know this is, or used to be a game. I have a feeling you might be one of the superheroes that joined the game with Quincy where Eliana died. I've already met Shin and Valerie.
They gave up the key they were guarding, and the world rewarded them. They're now heroes themselves.
If you remember who you used to be, I ask that you please consider giving us your key. This world depends on it.
Please. I love my new life as Kyana. I don't want to go back to Halcyon. Can we meet under a flag of truce? Give Skyler your answer and she'll bring it to me.
--Kyana

While the two talk, the general crouches besides the javelin, inspecting the wound. "Do you happen to have been blessed with healing tears or kiss, by chance?" He asks the princess. "I'm mostly certain the javelin's head wasn't barbed, but even so, Umboriax might bleed, unless his own blood is also special... we've all heard about its properties as well, so..." He pulls the javelin suddenly, smiling as he shows them its head. "Not barbed."

He waits for their dragon friend to recover before continuing. "This foolish faerie daughter... is most likely our acquaintance, correct? If so, we should be extra careful, for she isn't known for rational actions even when not compelled. Besides that, there is nothing I'd hate more than meet her while I'm in the role of a villain and have to hear again and again the same impressions of how horrible everyone is and how wonderful and a victim she is." He signs, throwing the javelin away in anger.

"So, we'll meet Kyana on the old fort... I'm not really hopeful she can be convinced to help, since by her own words she is enraptured with this world. I'd rather not kill her again... but I'll play my part with the greatest enthusiasm should I be required to." He tells them. "We should be ready though, for even if they are heroes, they for sure will not honor my terms. She'll bring reinforcements, so Umboriax will be ours and you'll be our trump card, dear Princess."


General's Tent

Skyler repeats, "Old border fort by the woods. Noon. Come alone." She glares at the guard one more time as she walks past him. The guard restrains himself but clearly is unhappy with letting her go one more time.

===============
Ice Path

Valorian sets down the body of Myra gently to accept the weapon. He nods solemnly at the important sacrifice. "I understand and thank you for this gift. I shall see that it is consecrated in Ninavae's holy temple."

The heroes follow the path keeping their thoughts to themselves for a time, brooding on their failures and the quest still before them. Of sacrifices made and those yet to be asked of them.

Finally, after some hours of walking, the ice path opens into a frozen cavern of dripping icicles melting in the warmth of the day. They step out into a bright sun shining bright on a green and rolling plain, with a ribbon of a river winding its way through ripe fields of plenty.

"I believe that's Harrowguard, there," Valorian says pointing to a town in the distance.


Keep on the Border:

The old fort is mostly ruins, sitting on a small ridge overlooking the area of forest that has supplied Harrowguard with its timber for years. Its rugged foundation made of field stones rises to support a wooden upper structure, though partially collapsed.

Upon entry, the main room is a mess of fallen timbers and debris from a collapsed upper floor.

"I'm alone, like you asked," a voice calls down from the remains of the upper floor. Stepping into view is a lithe wood elf holding a curved bow lightly in one hand. "I hope this means you're like Shin, and would rather help than fight."


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Raiden laughs and claps Elise gently on the back as they emerge from the cavern. "You've done it! We would have been lost without your aid. I plan to toast to you after one for Myra." He proclaims to her while looking out at the town in the distance. "We still have much to travel. Hopefully we will be able to rest well soon."

How long has it been since we were trapped here? I'm starting to lose track...it's getting harder to keep at the surface here. Come on, you got to guide this lug somewhere...


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Keep on the Border:
The general dismounts when the elf appears, still holding the reigns of the princess's horse. With her wrists 'bound', he pics her up and puts her in front of him, while grabbing a rope connected to her wrists.

He looks around in silent, trying to find the other heroes, while noticing that behind the elf there was enough shadow for Umboriax to materialize. He studies the elf, just in case.

Before We Get Started: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 = 13 Hold 3

"It is true that I'd rather help than fight." He admits to the elf. "But I'm significantly different than Shin, for he surrendered his key... something I'll not do. The real world depends on this... and I'd sooner embrace this accursed role I was given and burn down this world of yours than risk any harm to our real world."


Keep on the Border:

Kyana looks surprised at Caio's statement. "What? How could anything here affect the real world? We're inside a game!"

She looks beyond him and is astonished to see the princess tied up. "Why do you have a princess with you? Is that Constance? I thought she was trapped by a demon.

"What the hell is going on?"

============
Back in the Sun

Elise smiles coolly at the praise from Raiden.

"We can only hope the princess was not taken back to her castle," Ty'leth says matter-of-factly. "We're far from there."

"True," Valorian agrees. "What worries me is that if the shadow that took Princess Constance was the same that took Myra, where did it leave her?"

Kipple urges her tiger to a trot. "We should find the other table. They may know more."


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Keep on the Border:
"A subway in Halcyon became a dungeon. A herd of centaurs was crossing a park. I saw a stadium turn into a bloodied arena. Your game is leaking." He tells her. "I believe you've been tricked, Kyana, into thinking you are saving this world by gathering these keys, while in fact you are dooming ours. Don't you have family there, or have you replaced them with soulless shells from here?"

"Can you think of anyone who'd be very pleased with the outcome of having god-like powers in a world turned real?" He asks, before gesturing towards the princess.

"Yes, this is princess Constance. And, as it happens, she is here under my care." She lets her draw her own conclusions before adding. "As I've mentioned, I'm doing what I can to save our world and this mean having two keys under my guard."

And now, for the real bluff.

"I don't think I can destroy my own key... but should I find no other way, I'll destroy hers." And then, just to show her he'd do it, he adds. "And I'm sorry for having killed Eliana."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Oshka looks out at the river. “Such beauty! The people of Harrowguard have not tainted the land. This is quite different from what is known about Mortals.”

She gazes at the water for some time—but her companions speak strangely.

“Table… you mean as in Knights of the Round? I do not take ‘table’ to be a literal term.

“Was Myra…” The nixite pictures the poor woman being impaled. The dragon taunting her as she gasps her last breath. Valorian shouting out. Kip’s fierce hug… “…of this Othet Table?”


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

"He's telling the truth, Kyana, there's too much power in this world this time. You feel it, right? That the reality of this place sits more firmly within you? I know that that is seductive, but it comes at a dear cost that others are paying. I know that you understand heroism, so I ask you, will Kyana stand deaf to the suffering of others?"

Persuade: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 = 7


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Along the route, Raiden sidles up to Elise. "...I heard some of what you bargained to get us here. It takes courage to face one's foes and make sacrifices for the good of others," He says. "I wish I could carry some of your burden. The only thing I believe I can do is to vow that I will aid you to free you from all influences so that you may live a life unfettered."

He sighs, patting his belt knife. "For that, I will need a new weapon that will be suitable for battle. I don't think I would fare well fighting a warlord or his dragon bare-handed, let alone an ancient witch of the north."

He calls to the fairy. "You should be careful. Plenty of predators here who might snatch up some shining small bird." Though looking at her and Elise, he gets an idea. "Hmm. How strong can you make your ice be without it melting in the sun? Could it channel the might of a thunderous blizzard in an axe or a sword?"


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

The bite-sized fey is safely hidden under the breast of her water-self, but she appreciates the concern. As for a chance to be useful, she asks, “What is your weapon of choice? I could shape the water and Witch could freeze it.”

She raises water from the river—first as a sword, then a halberd, then as an axe.

“Tell me when you are pleased, Warrior.”


Keep on the Border:

Kyana looks seriously distressed. "I... yes, it's more real than it's ever been. But, you're really going to burn it all down? Are you sure it's the only way?" Tears begin to well in her large eyes.

"What if you're wrong? What if the keys will heal this world like we're told they will? Can't we try to save both?"

Looking for that concrete proof

=============

Elise strides along with the group straight-backed and looking forward. "Thank you for your concern. My life has always been forfeit, so what good I can offer with it is well spent," she says with a note of finality.

She smirks at the request for the weapon and Oshka's offer to start with water. "Yes, I believe that between the two of us, we can make something quite potent. Does your power over water allow you to take out all the impurities, like a smelting fire would do so with iron? Not a speck of dust or the tiniest bubble of air, and it will be a weapon to behold."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

The nixite beams at the witch’s question.

“Oh yes… but I must release my hold on the water-self first, and I must be in the water.

The water-self collapses with a splash, and the tiny fey steps into the river. She swims against the current effortlessly, and the water quickly succumbs to her will and spirals into a gentle whirlpool. Soon there is no current at all where she swims. Any passing fish swim a wide berth—and they are easily seen by one gazing upon the fey. The water around Oshka would be clear enough to be taken for air, if not for the rainbow refractions illuminating what lurks at the edge of the impure water.

A globe rises and becomes a sturdy sword! The fey wills it between the Witch and the Warrior. He may request a blade of his choice if the sword does not please him. She may freeze the weapon when it is deemed worthy.


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

"A sword will do nicely. Something with a long reach and two-handed hilt will suffice for me. But not so long that it is unwieldy," He requests, looking admirably at this act of cooperation.

"It will be quite a beautiful blade once set - nothing that compares to the glittering visage of the witch who makes it," Raiden adds. A nagging feeling in the back of his head seemed to make him think he needed to get on with it. Something felt peculiar. No, it must be lingering guilt from losing Myra. He'd carry that shame even as he tried to stoke the fire of another relationship...


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

"Kyana." She lets the name have the weight it deserves. "I do not seek to burn anything down. Aid us; I will do my best to preserve the world that lies around us so long as it does not threaten those who did not wish to be caught up in a life that is not theirs. But these keys are to a great power; a power that has taken many sacrifices to keep it from ravaging at least one world. I do not lie or exaggerate when I say that to let the binding they seal lapse is to risk unimaginable devastation in every world. Even the keys themselves are not safe. It seems that they are bound to our very souls, and to the ugliest beasts and truths they have concealed.

"We will try to save both worlds, and the beauties and truths they each hold. But anyone who seeks only the power of these keys does not dream of preservation."

Her mouth doesn't actually smirk, but the light that dances in her eyes is unmistakable. "After all, would this be the first time your Questgiver has had an undisclosed motive? Or been a puppet to a greater, darker power?"


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

Once the nixite reshapes the pure water into a sword of the Warrior’s liking, she keeps her full concentration on the pure water until the Witch does her part.

Subconsciously:
She again recalls one of the two visions from her dream—the girl with the green hair and ice all over her head. She remembers warming her… and that’s all she retain of this vision in its original form!

There were three people around her—two male, one female. Ah yes, there was Warrior looking upon her with approval. And there was Witch, cooperating with her as an equal. And who was the other—the one who lectured most profoundly? Of course it was Valorian! “We must be focused on our task. We may have failed… but we cannot let this become an obsession. The path to redemption and acceptance is open to all, no matter her origin."


Keep on the Border:

Kyana begins to relax visibly. Her breathing becomes more even when Princess Constance gives her assurances that she would try to save both worlds.

She gives an openly blank look when asked about the Questgiver's motives. "Um, yeah? He's been a great GM. Outside of that pissing contest he got into with the other wizard... the one who's a dragon now? Indigo? Got my other character killed thanks to that b&@~$~%#. -- Thanks for the apology by the way. It means a lot," she says to General Costa.

"Gotta be honest, I figured you'd be a giant werewolf still, and not this general character." The wood elf turns back to the princess. "Oh, that reminds me. How'd you get away from the demon? Devil Diva? Is she here somewhere?"

==============

Elise presents the sword crafted from gleaming ice to Raiden, giving him a bemused smile at the compliment. "You may be the first warrior I've known to not fancy his weapon above all other things." Her eyes drift over his chiseled physique. "If you have need, I could be convinced to polish it from time to time."

The group continues on their way through the lands surrounding Harrowguard as the sun rises high in the sky. Ty'leth shields his eyes and looks uncomfortable but does not complain. Jade growls uneasily, her ears twitching. Kip leans forward, her own ears straining. "I hear the sounds of battle."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior 0| Superior +3 | Mundane -2 | Potential:✴️✴️✴️✴️⏹️
Conditions:
♥️INFATUATED♥️
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Ngon, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Victoria)) / Faetite

The little fey creates a new water-self and rises from the river.

She’s scared. She definitely thinks she’ll get that chance to know Myra after all. But right now, she’s with Myra’s closest mourner.

“Valorian, I don’t know how much fight I have in me. I’m not sure the sun will rise for me again if I do fight.

“But what I do know is, if I flee in that river, I’m no better than that cowardly dragon. I applaud you for saying not to obsess with vengeance, and I’m not strong enough to avenge Myra anyway.

“The best I can do is honor Myra, and in doing so, I also honor her goddess Ninavae, and you, her friend.” She lets that sit a little before adding, “And I think of you as my friend too, Valorian. I’m no Myra, but I hope you take comfort in having Ninavae’s newest follower at your side.”

C&S: 2d6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (6, 6) - 2 + 1 = 11


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

"Should you wish to share my tent, we can certainly share in each other's secrets of how best to maintain our equipment. I'm sure it will be a warm and invigorating night for the both of us," Raiden says as they stride forward.

At the sounds of battle, Raiden raises the frost brand up. "We leaped before looking once before, no longer. Let us scout out the battle and determine how best we can assist the worthy party!" He tells them, before heading towards the best ridgeline to overview the distant sounds and take stock of what's happening.

Assess the Situation: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 2 = 11

Who here is in the greatest danger? Who here is most vulnerable to me?


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Keep on the Border:
Caio nods to the princess, agreeing with every word. Even if wanting to, he doesn't relax when the elf apparently had understood they boundaries of what they were willing to do. Relaxing in tense situations would blunt his edge.

"The princess helped me curing my curse, freeing me from that ravenous beast. Now I'm powerless in the real world." He says, giving a half truth. "And I'm not sure if Devil Diva is also inside this world... as far as we know, anyone could be, trapped against their will."

"So, Kyana, do you believe you'll be able to convince your companions from giving up this quest about the keys?" He asks, serious. "I feel the roles we were given, as monsters and villains, were purposefully chosen so you'd not question the righteousness of your quest. I don't believe your companions will trust me."


Keep on the Border:

Kyana shakes her head grimly. "I tried to get my friends to wake up, to remember who they used to be. I couldn't. It took Shin's vampire hypnosis to wake me up, and he's not a vampire anymore. Maybe it's something you could do? I don't know."

She slowly draws an arrow with yellow fletching. "This is a signal arrow. My companions are waiting to hear from me. Yellow means caution, red means come in hot. You should know though, half of us are on the quest to fight you for your key, the other half is looking to rescue the princess. I don't know where they are. Shin's with that group."

She looks at Caio for permission to shoot the signal arrow.


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Keep on the Border:
Caio turns to Connie. "You mentioned singing before... do you feel you could sing them out of this dream? I'm a creativity null-zone here, unless I can beat the memories out of them."

"If you are not confident that they will listen, calling them here, even with a yellow arrow, will most likely result in a fight." He says. "We should leave in secrecy and let your companions assume the worst for now and try to rescue you. This will buy us time to go after this Questgiver."

Provoke: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Keep on the Border:
Hmm... is Shin good enough at listening to me to **not** try to rescue me? Princess Constance's mouth thins in uncertainty. "Mayhaps. But in truth I do not know the best way to find the Questgiver; the path I know of to his realm requires the death of a hero, and that is something I would far rather were offered than taken..." She glances up at Kyana. "I know that it is far less of a sacrifice within this world, but it is still a dear coin."


Keep on the Border:

Kyana shakes her head vigorously. "No, I can't let myself die. I've got-- I have a life here. One that's worth something. Maybe you can't understand that -- you're heroes back in Halcyon. I'm a hero here. I've saved lives, vanquished evils. To you, it may all seem like pretend, but it's all I've got!" She pauses as her emotions become too much. She fights off a full breakdown, drawing in multiple tremulous breaths.

Tears stream down her cheeks in earnest as she looks pleadingly at Princess Constance and Caio. "Please don't kill me. I came to you willingly, hoping you'd be like Shin. You still could. You could give up the key, and meet the Questgiver that way. I'm being honest. He gave up the key, and in minutes he was Raiden. I think the nearest portal is on the other side of Harrowguard. We could go there and warp to the Hall of Heroes."

Caio, Kyana's stumbling. You have a +1 forward with her


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Keep on the Border:
"Enough with this nonsense!" The general orders. "There is absolutely no way Shin would have given up his key if he knew what were the stakes."

"This world of yours will ever exist only as long as the Questgiver wishes. Do you really want to give someone this much power over your live?" He asks. "Are you willing to fight for your whole life? For I doubt he will care to keep this world up for you to raise a family or grow old. This fantasy will end eventually and no quest will prevent it... And you'll have no say of when. It could happen as you are holding a child... Can you imagine the trauma it will be? Having your child disappear in your arms?"

He shakes his head. "Let's get through this portal and try to reach the Questgiver without the death of anyone." He days to Kyana and Constance, before talking to the shadows. "Umboriax! We call for you! Open a path for us to the other side of Harrowguard."

"You'll come with us as our guide." He tells Kyana. "You have my word I won't kill you. Leave your friends behind looking for you. This will be safer to them, for if they try to stop us, and they will if given the chance, I won't hold back."

Invoke Authority: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 2 + 1 = 14
When you invoke your authority over civilians, Halcyon City personnel, or the Corps staff, roll + Soldier. On a hit, your words carry weight. On a 7-9, someone will push back against your instructions or orders... sooner rather than later. On a miss, your attempts to control the situation create an opportunity for your enemies within the Corps to act against you.


Keep on the Border

Kyana rocks back, visibly shaken by Caio's words. She slowly puts back the arrow and shoulders her bow, head hanging down in dejection. She climbs down from her perch, avoiding eye contact with anyone.

However, when the shadows come to life in the form of Umboriax, she gasps in fright. "Is that thing under your control?!? It took Myra! Where is she! What did you do to her!!" Kyana demands in outrage. She pulls away from the horrific shadow creature, trying to get behind General Costa if she can. "Where is Myra?!?"

Kyana's demands to learn about what happened to her friend and ally is interrupted by a rush of air as a group of heroes appear in a glowing runic circle just outside the fort!

"Wise of you to scry upon that meeting, Markus!" a bald-headed man in robes says to another man carrying a staff.

"Don't worry, lass! We'll slay this shadow!" a dwarf with a large axe in hand gives it a test swing as he calls out to Kyana.

A large man with a heavy warhammer bellows, "General! We are here to end your reign of terror!"

The battle begins, with the pair of wizards throwing battle magic at Umboriax as the warriors wait for the dragon to get in close enough for them to use their weapons. Kyana's screams to get everyone to wait before fighting go unheeded.

General Caio, before he can bring his sword to bear, hears a crackling but distinctly feminine voice through the battle coming from his belt. "Caio? Can you hear me? Are you still >kzzkzz< --is Lola, we're here in Halc>kzzkzzkz<ingly contained for now. There's a wiz>kzzkzkzzz<athers that is helping keep the source magic from getting worse. Only about thirty people missing, but >kzzkkzzkzz< team's unaccounted for. Are you getting this? Please respond. Over."

What do you do??

Just up the Road

Valorian nods in thanks to Oshka's words. "Myra would have wanted her death to inspire us to goodness. I'm heartened by your words, because I believe she would be pleased. Now come, let us see what help we may provide!" He picks up his pace towards the sounds of battle.

"There! It's coming from those ruins!" Ty'leth calls out, pointing to a small border keep that is only partially standing. As the group nears, the sounds of fighting and shouting is clearly coming from just on the other side of the fort.

As the battle comes within view, Raiden sees the other table of heroes in battle with the shadow dragon that killed Myra! The wizards Markus and Agamon are harrying it with spells, while the warriors Bron and Dargur are doing what they can to defend the spellcasters! It seems like the heroes will not be able to defeat the dragon without taking casualties, but with reinforcements they may be able to destroy the shadow dragon without further loss!

However, Raiden then catches a glimpse through a broken section of wall, within the ruins of the fort are the Princess and the General! While the other heroes are in danger from the dragon and may perish, they could strike the general in a surprise ambush!

What do you do??


Potential: 0/5 11A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: None
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Okay, that's a good sign. We should get to Caio and Connie-

Raiden doesn't listen to the weak voice in his head. There is only the need for vengeance in his mind as he turns to the umbral dragon and let's out a bellowing war cry before rushing as fast as possible to get into the fray.

"DEATH TO THE DUSKBORN! FOR KAI-LEIGH!" He shouts as he bounds up across the crumbling wall, vaulting into and jumping attack to slash down through the dragon's body with his enchanted ice sword.

Directly Engage (Influence): 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 1 + 1 = 7 Creating an opportunity for his allies.

5,701 to 5,750 of 6,140 << first < prev | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Those Halcyon Days II -- All New, All Different All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.