Those Halcyon Days II -- All New, All Different

Game Master Stalwart

Moves
Core playbooks


5,551 to 5,600 of 6,010 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>

Frozen Paradise:

The steep slopes eventually turn to fresh powder, allowing the adventurers to make good time by sledding. Indarius can easily keep pace, either by sliding himself or using his wings to glide.

The group looks at each other when the dragon presses them about the quest. The mage finally speaks. "There is an incompleteness to the world. It is hard to describe, but we all feel it."

"People we meet in our journeys are sometimes... thin," Bron adds. "We pass them by, they nod hello, but I do not see a spark behind their eyes."

"The quest is to make this world better. And we need the keys. We don't know what they'll open," Ty'leth says. "But I'm surprised you don't know how you got it. They're supposed to be the dearest possession of the key bearers. Something they'd never give up without a fight."

Vampire Weekend:

The knight renews his grip on his sword. "Why not go along? Because I have sworn an oath to destroy fiends that drain the life of the very land they rule! I'd sooner die than work alongside a vampire such as you!"

Valerie rolls her eyes. "That can be arranged. I guess Shin and me'll kill you and hope that your next character has some sense." She bares her fangs as she gets ready to fight. "Kyana, you're with us, right?"

Kyana shakes her head, looking horrified! "No!!" They're my friends! I'm not going to let you kill them! Even if their players survive, Valorian, Dargur, Markus, they'll still be dead!"

Valerie scoffs. "They're. Not. Real!"

"They're real enough! That's why we're trying to save this world! So it can be! I don't want to go back!" Tears start to well in Kyana's eyes. She turns to Shin. "Just give me the key. We'll go, save the world with it. You still can be the hero."
She's taking Influence over you and shifting your Savior up and your Danger down.

Femtite wrote:

Eisheth is surprised at the princess’ unpredictable oddities. Claiming a desire to save me, walking away casually, and… did she feel NOTHING when I nearly killed that maid? She healed her…

The demoness sends a telepathic order to Bug-Eye, then approaches a maid.

“Who is the prince? Princess Constance wishes to see her brother, but” I’ve the entire royal family under control, save for the princess. Therefore, the prince, if there is one, is not in the castle, and “I am certain he is not in the kingdom.

“Is there, perhaps, a brother who’s ridden off on his high horse to galavant, make-merry-not-war, have his sword polished or what have you? If Princess Constance does indeed have a brother, kindly tell me his name and any other information you know about this prince.”

Nettie is busy sticking her goat leg near the inferno when Eisheth questions her. She looks up, demon-possessed face streaked with blood. She licks her cracked lips while she accesses her host's memories. "No brother, no. Princes? Yes. Suitors. From near and far, seeking her hand. But no brothers."

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Hopeless, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Frozen Paradise:

Indarius the dragon would never lower himself to something so base as sliding down the snowy hill and so he glides down the path. Kicking up a plume of snow at the end of the hill.

He laughs at the groups comments, "Hah! Astounding what lies are told for the sake of the story is it not? I'm sure I've been described as nothing more than a mindless killer and a tyrant as well. I can't speak for if this will actually bring light to their souls. But you must think on the consequences that it might have on worlds beyond this one. Of which there are several."

Cautioning he decides to prod further, "You may be the heroes of one world and the doom of another. Tell me who else holds these keys, other despicable warlords?"


Potential: 3/5 10A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: Guilty
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Vampire Weekend:
Shin hates that he's in a situation like this. He doesn't want to force anyone to go along with his wishes. "I'm not going to kill them." He tells Kyana. "However, I have no compunction about knocking them out and then trying to get their players to wake up. I think that's the best way forward," He says to Valerie.

He turns to the knight. "I am sorry. Truly, I am. It's easy to see me as a monster. I still worry sometimes that I'll become one. I don't want to hurt any of you." He wants to let out a breath, but his lungs don't work. He glances to Kyana, something she said registering with him.

"What did you mean that you're trying to save this world so it can be real?" He asks, keeping his position at the top of the stairs. Better vantage point and he could keep his eyes on the wizard to see if they were trying to cast any magic on the fly. "Why would you want to make a world like this?"

Pierce the Mask (Kyana): 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10 What do you intend to do? How can I get your character to stay allied with mine? How can I gain Influence on you?


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

If I had my gear I could use one of you to make a parachute. Otherwise I've got... what an ounce of carrying capacity out of them? If I'm lucky?

::Is there anyone else near here who understands you as I do? Your offer is kind, but I do not think worms and seeds will see me freed unless they are very special indeed.::


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior -1 | Superior +3 | Mundane -1 | Potential:✴️✴️▶️▶️▶️
Conditions:
Insecure
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Ngon (watch Alien), Victoria)) / Faetite

The demoness does not open the door to the princess’ chamber. In a shower of sparks, she appears halfway between the blackened door and the mostly-unsinged bed.

She is surprised to see birds, and so she addresses them first with a whisper. “F#*& off.” Seeing that neither bird does so, Eisheth smiles ‘warmly’ at the creatures whom are evidently not possessed by Roger. “Just music boxes with wings, are we? Stay if you like, then.”

She spreads her wings, sits demurely upon her billowing hellfire, hovering in an area where the carpet’s beyond hope anyways.

Her tone with the princess is civil.

“Congratulations are in order, Princess. At first I believed your intent to save me within eight days, however impossible, was sincere. When you abandoned that proposed goal within eight minutes, I thought it an obvious ruse to have me fetch your brother. But you have no brother. Netty is as certain of this as she is certain goat leg is better cooked than raw.

“The simplest explanation is ‘you lied.’ Yet… you tried to leave, and made no attempt at deception or subtlety. And your healing touch is intact; thus, your Purity is.”

The demoness’ tone becomes soothing, though she makes no pretense. She is the princess’ captor. It doesn’t mean she has to torment the girl to the point of lunacy. She attempts to comfort her:

“Princess, let us speak with civility and earnestness. I am hearing fresh new thoughts from your lips, and despite the evident fallacies I can’t help but think one as pure as yourself cannot lie.

“A white lie to spare someone’s feelings, I’m sure you would do that. But ‘I will save you; just kidding,’ or ‘I have a brother; ha, made you look at the family tree?’ It just doesn’t seem like you, Sweet Princess.

“And these lies are easily debunked, which would make sense if you were dim or desperate. But there’s an unmistakable intellect in you. And when that poor maid was burnt by my firewall, you remained calmer than the average knight. You let her come to you and you healed her with such casual deftness.

“Is this new? Or am I meeting The Real Princess Constance for the first time? Please. Educate me.”
C&S, Influence: 2d6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) - 2 + 1 = 8
The demoness hopes to obtain information by asking nicely.


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Rain of Gore:
Caio doesn't discard the possibility of Quincy being behind this whole thing, but if they were dealing with alternate realities once again, this time it would be much more complicated without the Corps' tech.

Lucidity saying that she is present in each timeline probably means that that wasn't the norm, so the chances of a "Corps" equivalent organization was unlikely.

As she turns to leave, Caio has one last question for her. "What is this thing I'm supposed to protect and how can it save my world?" The idea of something so big over his shoulders is crushing, specially with this little information.


Rain of Gore:

Lucidity puts a finger to her temple and closes her eyes in a look of concentration. "What do you hold most dear to you? What could you never sacrifice, no matter the cost?"

She sways in place as her visions grow more intense. "This world ebbs and flows, with lives waiting to become real. Play the role. You wear your desire on your heart."

Frozen Paradise:

"Others at the table are confronting the vampire as we speak," Myra says. The tiger growls deep in its throat when she says the word "vampire."

"The two others we must yet face." The mage looks off in the distance, his voice haunted. "Tales have reached us speaking of a vile demon that has plunged a good and fair kingdom into a hellish nightmare. She possesses one key. We must also find a way to defeat a ruthless and bloodthirsty general, who leads a horde of soldiers with an iron fist."


Conflux. wrote:

If I had my gear I could use one of you to make a parachute. Otherwise I've got... what an ounce of carrying capacity out of them? If I'm lucky?

::Is there anyone else near here who understands you as I do? Your offer is kind, but I do not think worms and seeds will see me freed unless they are very special indeed.::

The birds look crestfallen. ::No. The seeds come from weeds; they're not what you need.::

They flutter to perch on Connie's shoulder as music swells.
♪♪♫::Be brave, Princess, there's no need to fear;♫
♬♪Just wave, Princess! Help will be near!♪
♫loved, Princess, you'll always have friends,
♪♫♪Like a dove! Princess! We're here to the --::

Demon-Femtite bursts on the scene, spoiling the song and causing the birds to fly up into the posts above the bed.

Per Discord, that's really more of a Provoke, so carrot/stick

Vampire Weekend:

"Why?!?" Kyana gasps at the question. "You're a hero back there! I'm nobody! Just a nobody loser! If you go home, you still get to fly! Fight bad guys! Make a difference! Me? I... Don't make me go back." Her large elven eyes glisten on the verge of tears.
She intends on doing whatever it takes to stay Kyana. Demonstrate that you intend to let her. Same.

"I... am sorry I mistrusted you," the wizard says, putting a hand on her shoulder.

The knight -- Valorian, evidently -- steps over to her and gives her a one-armed embrace while still holding the shield up against the undead. "Your home is with us." He turns to Shin. "You, Dark One. You do not speak as I had expected. Maybe Ninavae's grace could touch you as well? Will you turn over the key?"

Valerie lets out an exasperated sigh. "That's what we've been saying. We just need to come with you! To see the Questgiver so he can get us out of here! Then you can play your game and forget your old lives... everyone's happy! Right?" She looks at Shin.

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Hopeless, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Frozen Paradise:

Indarius hums to himself causing a great across the loosely packed parts of the snow. "A dragon, a vampire, a demon, and a warrior general?"

He wonders about the classic villain shtick at least this one was mostly unique at least in his limited experience. "I wonder, what if the others are much like myself. Actually amiable people who don't wish to fight anymore and just want what's best for all the realms? What is the plan if it comes down to this world and another. If both cannot exist at the same time? If you and everyone you know stopped existing here, because you already existed there.... which would you chose I wonder?"

Gazing across the land he wonders how long it will take to reach the other 'dark lords'. After they teavel a while longer he looks at the group. "How long until we reach our destination? Or more specifically where is our destination?"


Potential: 3/5 10A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: Guilty
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Vampire Weekend:
Would they really be happy in a simulation for all time? Even if it became real?

"...I will speak to your Questgiver. I will bring the key with me. And if I am convinced that the realization of this realm will not harm any other, you can use it." Shin states. "There's still far too much I don't understand to fully cede it to your party. But I believe that...your Questgiver has a cure for my vampirism that would allow me to become mortal again," He phrases in their understanding. "And I am curious as to how I might obtain it for myself and my Beloved."

He steps down closer to the party, keeping the haunted armor between them for now. "Kyana. If you want to be here because you want to be a hero, I don't think that's wrong. If there's other reasons..." He trails off. "...not the time for this. I'd like to have a conversation later. For now - is there a way we can reach your Hall before the next dawn?"


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

"Well, Demon. You are right. I cannot lie to you, not even a white lie should I care to spare your feelings. I am Princess Constance, but events have not required me to be so much myself ere now. Now, if you will permit a diversion that may lead us more swiftly to the heart of the matter: how fully do you recall your own existence? Do your memories pale and wan before I came to truly catch your interest? Can you feel how thin the palimpsest of your mind has been scraped? Ere you answer, do you recall this song?"

Princess Constance begins to sing, wordlessly vocalizing in a sweet alto, using avian accompaniment instead of instrumental to fill out the notes of the Nutcracker's Overture.

Unleash Princess Power: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 5) + 1 = 12


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior -1 | Superior +3 | Mundane -1 | Potential:✴️✴️▶️▶️▶️
Conditions:
Insecure
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Ngon (watch Alien), Victoria)) / Faetite

+1 Team from the Provoke

The demoness does not answer. She does not stop the princess and the birds. She only stops her billowing hellfire. She stands in silence. She listens.

Does she recall this song?


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Rain of Gore:
"Why make it simple if you can complicate it? Why answer questions with other questions?" He mumbles as he thinks about the answers. He starts to pace. "What I'd never sacrifice? I've no idea... no matter the importance, personal or not, something bigger could always make it worth to sacrifice."

"I'm not an immutable construct... everything I experience will change me and how I see things. Nothing is set in stone and there are no absolutes."

Figuring his chances of getting answers from the woman are slim, he looks around in search of something important he might be carrying. Please, let it be an object and not an abstract cliché like the power of friendship...


Frozen Paradise:

Bron shields his eyes as he turns to the west and the sun sinking low against the distant mountain range. "We won't be able to make the Waystation before sunset," he says, giving Indarius part of an answer about how long they must still travel. "We could make Whitehelm to stay the night, but they will not be welcoming a dragon, I think."

Kipple looks around their surroundings, rugged snow-covered hills and icy copses of evergreens. "I guess we're making camp, then. Unless we push through. The night will be less dangerous with Indarius traveling."

"We'll need to go around the village to avoid a panic. We can do that easier at night," the dark-gray elf adds. "I see better in the dark anyway."

"What about you?" the sorcerer asks Indarius out of the hood of his heavy cloak. "You do not fear the night, I take it?"

Rain of Gore:

Lucidity doesn't answer. She wanders out of Caio's tent, looking almost lost in the way she aimlessly picks a direction. However, she deftly avoids the hazards of the spent battlefield as she ambles out of sight.

Checking his person for belongings that might be what Lucidity mentioned, Caio manages to shuck out of his armor. Once his breastplate and gorget are removed, he finds an object around his neck on a chain. It's a heavy, wrought iron key shaped like a stylized wolf with a ruby heart in its jaws.

The key mesmerizes Caio, and for some amount of time all he can do is stare at it in wonder. His reverie is interrupted by Lieutenant Durg entering his command tent leading a pair of girls from the town by chains around their necks. Their simple peasant clothes are torn and what skin is showing is generally healthy except for a few scrapes. One looks around wildly in fear, while the other keeps her head down.

"Smart move telling the lads to not enter the town, my lord! Lets us pick the choicest beauties for us! Check out these two! Young, but not too young, and just enough spirit left in 'em to make for a fun night!" He brays with crude laughter as he gives the chains a yank, tugging the girls further inside the tent.

The wide-eyed one stumbles on the layers of rugs on the floor of the tent crashing to the ground because her arms are bound behind her back. As Durg focuses on her, the girl with hair hanging in her face spins around and snatches a dagger from the lieutenant's belt! Quickly slicing her bonds as Durg turns to face her, she steps in close and drives the blade upwards through the joint in his armor at his armpit!

She hisses into Durg's stunned face, "Spirited enough for you?"

As his body goes limp, the girl yanks the knife free. She holds it over her head and charges Caio! But just before she's able to reach him, Durg's body falls on the chain that runs to the collar on her neck, stopping her a foot away! She tugs at the collar to keep herself from gagging and shifts to a defensive stance holding the dagger at the ready!

Caio finally gets a good look at the fighter. She has shaggy, mouse-brown hair, dirty cheeks, and a venomous look in her eyes.

The ruby grasped in the key glows briefly, and the girl's face shifts to resemble that of Skyler!
What do you do?

Not that it matters with Princess Constance's roll, but she should he Hopeless

The music first is just Constance's perfect voice and a pair of songbirds. But more notes appear to fill the bedchamber with the Nutcracker. The demon is first enraptured by the sound, and does nothing but listen to the music swelling and becoming stronger and more intense.

Princess Constance feels that she could use the music to force information from the demon -- in the form of a bombastic villain song, no doubt. But that's not her purpose (yet). Instead, she sends the familiar notes of Tchaikovsky deep into the demon's subconscious, where it finds the mind that recognizes it.

And senses it beginning to awake.


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior -1 | Superior +3 | Mundane -1 | Potential:✴️✴️▶️▶️▶️
Conditions:
Insecure
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Ngon (watch Alien), Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite starts to regai—

F@+@ off, Femtite!


Eisheth wills the sky to blaze red as blood for but one purpose:

For a red sunbeam to shine through yon window, illuminating the demoness, who is suddenly clad in a tophat, open jacket with coattails, bowtie choker, black bikini, fishnet stockings and heels.

Time For the Show: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5) + 3 = 11
named NPCs: Nettie and The Healed Maid

High on a hill are a heap of burnt armor suits. They sound off their horns in a sleazy fanfare.
Wa, wa, wwwwaaaa…

The demoness leans forward, her sultry voice telling the secret the Sweet Princess wants to hear:

Ladies babble on
Maids prattle on
About the Whore
Of Babylon
The Queensguard puts
His saddle on
His trusty steeeeeed…

And sallies forth

“Giddy-up, Sally,” calls a metallic voice upon the distant hull.

He tilts his lance
He stands no chance
Against my battle cry
“Off with your pants!”
I dance with him
A thousand knights
And morrrrrrrre…

Forrrr I’m Eisheth,
The Baaaabylon Whorrrre!

Jazz horns! Enter the maids, arm in arm, kicking their legs, while out on the hilltop, burnt armor suits dance a tap-tap-tap and those without horns also clap-clap-clap.

The demoness shakes and sways at the foot of the Princess’ bed. The red sunbeam follows her as she sings,

Now you and I
Might both regret
The night your brother
Searched the ‘net
To find a name
For the ‘succu-boss’
In his game

The maids chorally sing,
Shame, shame, shame

Eisheth dips, and twirls, and tips her hat to the girls.

The horned and horny
Me you see
Prefers Mars over
Venus

The maids moan in synch, “Awww.”

Though that tiny soul
Who’s lost control
Has never seen
A penis—

“Except in my Anatomy textbook!

“SHUT UP!
I mean”—I claaaaim
Many conquests
Of men who’d proudly boast
Of the fun we had
Before I took their souls
And burned them all to toast!

For I’m the Baaaaaaaa-
-bylon Whore
Why do you ask
About before
The time I used
My power
To keep you in
This tower?!

I’m the Baaaaaaaa-
-bylon Whore!
What makes you think
There must be more?
I’m here until a hero
Depletes my heath to zero
Or boots me out a
Dimensional Door!

I’m the Baaaaaaaa-
-bylon Whore!!

The maids dance the can can, singing,
Babble on, babble on…

Eisheth tapdances with flourish!

What do I need a
Backstory for?
People come for me
To earn X.P.
That’s all He wrote!
There’s nothing more!

The horns blast out five more notes, then the armored suits clunkily tumble into an inanimate heap. The red sky fades to blue. The maids gradually slow dance out of synch, and stop.


The demoness just stands in bewilderment.

“I’m… I’m the… babble.”

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Hopeless, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Frozen Paradise:

"I do not fear the night, but if we are to travel at your small pace then we shall be at this for long enough that I worry that some of you may simply perish from age. On the morrow I will have us a solution to your short legs."

With that he got moved away from there prospective camp and began felling trees with his scything claws, bringing plenty of raw material to the camp for them to use as well as himself.

Assuming they camp for the night I'll use a spell to weave the trees into usable materials and then a sort of 'basket' that Indarius could carry in flight.


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Okay... unfortunate alignment. Not a true possession. Step 1: Whack her out of true but keep enough trappings of the ID to prevent the role getting filled by someone or something else that'd do it better. Step 2: Absolutely kick Quincy's ass (metaphorically) over being stupid enough to use a Significant Nickname like Eisheth as a ruling figure in his demiplane. Seriously bro, be a professional. Step 3: recognize that I gain nothing by digging into whether the transphobic stuff came from my a+%+~&! brother or my ex.

"But we're not on page right now. You're not stuck with just what's written. There's something more, something different inside you from what he wrote. But hey, in case I'm wrong, if you're a succubus queen down to your core, then you probably can't stand Chastity, right? You'd really hate Chastity, right?"

Provoke: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 = 7


Vampire Weekend:

You do not have Influence over Kyana because you left yourself an out. Also, your Savior should be up one and Danger down.

Marcus, the wizard, counts the number of people present. "I can teleport to the nearest Waystation. Although... I cannot bring more than four along with me. I do not wish to leave a friend behind again."

Valerie does some quick math. "So not me, then?" She shrugs in false bravado. "Whatever."

She slinks up to Shin and puts a hand on his arm. "I'll be fine. Go. Get that 'Psy-key' wherever it has to go. Just... don't leave me here for long, got it?"

What do you do?

Frozen Paradise:

The adventurers wave down Indarius from his tasks. "What are you doing? We'll be at the Waystation before dawn! We pass through, and we'll be before the Hall in the blink of an eye!" Ty'leth says.

Bron begins walking, angling his path away from the road leading to Whitehelm. "Follow us and see. If you are not satisfied by the break of dawn, you may create your solution to our short legs."

==============
Princess Constance's chambers

Actually, the idea of corrupting Chastity sounds pretty good to the demon. Somewhere deep in her memory the name conjures up a repressed holy child fighting with her nature. The delicious corruption that Eisheth could inflict on the poor girl--

--is too much for Femtite to bear! Her mind snaps fully awake!


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior -1 | Superior +3 | Mundane -1 | Potential:✴️✴️▶️▶️▶️
Conditions:
Insecure
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Ngon (watch Alien), Victoria)) / Faetite

The demoness trembles at the horrifying temptations that the sweet princess put into That Damn Demon’s head!

Her lips tremble, and it dawns on her—on Femtite—what Princess Consta—call her Connie!—just did!


⭐️ For her help at Chastity’s house AND using Chastity’s name to free Femtite’s mind, Connie regains Influence over Femtite.


“Con—I mean, Princess Connie! That was brilliant! Mentioning Chas’ name… not sure why you didn’t use mine, unless you literally can’t say ‘Femtite?’”

She starts to shrug that off as unimportant… but suddenly a horrible, not-demon-induced thought hits her.

“Chastity! Oh, no, Coh—Princess Connie! When we were at Chas’ house, I made myself as small as a snowflake so her mom or dad wouldn’t see me. But that means I was too small to perceive which parent was coming home. If it was the mother, Chastity was there too.

“Which means she could be here!”


Potential: 3/5 10A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: Guilty
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Vampire Weekend:
"I don't want to leave you here alone," He tells Valerie as he gently squeezes her shoulder. "If you slip again..."

What the hell was he doing? He hated that he was being forced to divide himself here. But Valerie gave her consent. He was still worried, and hugged her gently.

"When we get out of this, we'll go and do something normal and as ungeeky as possible. I'm so sorry you're caught up in this. But I'm glad to have you at my side." He whispers to her. "Also, if I'm not back in a night, assume something's gone wrong and try to save me, please."

He kisses the top of her head, then lets her go to turn to the party. He strides past the armored guardians and looks to Kyana.

"Well, let's get on it then. Teleporting this way hopefully is just like home. Though if you try to get smart and teleport me directly into sunlight I'm going to be very cross."


Vampire Weekend:

"Deal. I'm gonna hold you to that," Valerie whispers back. She closes her eyes and leans into his kiss on the forehead, haltingly adjusting for a kiss on the lips but stepping back when it doesn't come.

"Don't get staked. Or go sunbathing," she calls out when he joins the adventurers.

Kyana calls back to Valerie. "Can I have my bow? It's magic."

After a moment when all eyes are on her, Valerie groans. "Fine. Here," she says as she tosses her the curved piece of wood.

The adventurers gather close. Marcus reassures Shin, "We're not going that far. Only a few dozen miles." He then shouts an incantation while raising his staff. Shin feels a strange displacement shudder through his body, but his undead nature doesn't seem to experience nausea or discomfort the way his old body would have.

He finds himself standing next to the adventurers just as before, except now he's outside underneath a darkened sky with the moon sinking low on the horizon. They all stand before a grand archway spanning a broken and winding road lit with pale glowing lanterns.

Disoriented from the teleport, Shin cannot spot the castle or the lands over which his vampire self rules, and only has a vague idea of which direction he would have to go to return based on the position of the moon.

"Come on. The Waystation will transport us to the Hall of Heroes," Kyana says to Shin. She then strides through the arch without hesitation and fades from sight. The dwarf does the same.

Valorian gestures to the archway with his other hand resting on the pommel of his sword. "Don't think that you can usurp the Questgiver. Try anything, and I'll happily remove your head from your body." He doesn't budge until Shin steps through the archway, and then he and the wizard follows.

Frozen Paradise:

The adventurers urge Indarius to press onward through the night. Several more miles are covered under the pale light of the moon, amplified by the glistening snow and ice on the ground.

True to their word, the dawn has not yet arrived before they reach an old road many miles south of Whitehelm. Pushing themselves to cover more ground, the adventurers lead Indarius to an ancient stone archway spanning the road and covered with arcane sigils.

"Behold! The Waystation," Bron announces.

"We pass through it, and we'll be standing before the gates of the Halls of Heroes," Myra explains to Indarius, then walks underneath the arch without hesitation. The bald mage follows immediately after her, and both fade from sight.

Kipple and Bron move to either side of Indarius, urging him through. "This is what you've sought. We've met our bargain. See through your end," Ty'leth whispers from behind.

Indarius and Horizon:

Stepping through the archway gives you the sensation of flying through the air at tremendous speeds, but by the time you take a third or fourth step, you are back on solid ground and your momentum -- if you ever had it in the first place -- is arrested.

A sparkling palace with floors polished to a mirror sheen and high fluted columns holding up an arched ceiling stands before you, arranged in rows that point to a central set of grand double doors far ahead. Figures all around you call out to each other in excited reunions.

Indarius, you see the adventurers who had assaulted your caverns cry out and rush to meet others who look vaguely familiar, including an elven woman with a bow, a knight with sword and shield, and a dwarf with a heavy axe. You also see someone that looks like Shin, but as a vampire!

Horizon, you see Kyana and her companions rush to meet with others adventurer-types, but more than that you see a great white-and-silver dragon looming over them!

The chatter of reunion quickly turns to the dragon and vampire brought with the different adventuring parties!

What do you do???


Potential: 3/5 10A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: Guilty
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Hall of Heroes:
Shin's wondering if he should have gone for kissing her on the lips as they walk through the archway. Even if it didn't feel like anything in this body, his spirit wanted it. She obviously wanted it. He resolved to remedy that the next time they saw each other.

Now though, Shin was in this opulent looking palace, some double doors ahead, and others there speaking to each other excitedly. Shin was more focused on the dragon.

"...I don't suppose that you remember that you haven't always been this powerfully built and scaled before, right?" He calls to who he assumes is Percy. "I generally only remember flying through the power of absorbing light - hard to do now that a sunbeam will burn a hole through me."

Shin floats over and does his best to block out the suspicious looks. "If you're here and I'm here, I'm going to assume the rest of the team is here as well. Were you given some magic key to protect that seems to be your heart's desire?" He asks. "Mine is literally called the Psy-key. Makes me want to have words with the writer."

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Hopeless, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Frozen Paradise:

Indarius halts his actions and nods to the group, his eyes glowing brightly in the approaching dark arctic night. When they arrive at the waystation arch he hums at the simple piece of architecture before he watches the two step through.

"I am no liar, I shall uphold my end of the deal so long as this is no trap." He steps through.

Hall of Heroes:

Stepping through the gateway Indarius can't help but feel like his own portals though stilted and not quite as smooth. When he steps out into the tall spacious palace he straightens to his full height. Looking around calmly he watches as the others run to rejoin their wayward companions and the other seeming lord of darkness that accompanies them.

"It seems you tell the truth so far. And it also seems one of the other so called major evils in this land has also proven to not be so deadly."

He arches his neck and looks down at the Shin-pire. "I know there are places beyond here that are in danger, I know this place is more ephemeral than it may seem on the surface, and I know that even here I am known as Indarius. Though my titles span far more destructive means than I would prefer. I too hold a key, though it's name and true purpose is not known to me. They-" He flicks his curved face towards the adventurers. "- have me believe that they must assemble all four to make this world whole. Yet they have not fully contemplated the ramifications of what that might entail for other such planes of existence."

Indarius lets out a slight rumbling sound filled with worry, "What roles do the others play in this place I wonder. And more importantly can they be made to see reason as we have?"


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

"That doesn't seem impossible, but it's far from confirmed, Demon. The spectacle outside drew many eyes, far more than have made themselves known in our tale. You and I had not a hand's span between us ere we came to ourselves here. I do not plan to truly depart these lands without coming to know all those who should return with us."

She glances diagonally up at the ceiling.

"Would you care to escort me to the gardens? A stroll there might help elucidate our troubles."

***

As Princess Constance enjoys her stroll she keeps checking the number and pattern of fruits on the garden's trees.

Two- no
Two -no
One, two -no
Three - no
One, one, two, three, five...

"Splendid."

Constance walks up to the tree, peels off one of her gloves, and carefully feels at the bark, testing the different whorls and swirls with confidence... and then confusion.

What the f*##? Why can't I get in the console commands?

"Well... Normally the, err, our Creator has his quirks and foibles. Areas where those learned might... commune and gain greater understanding of the world around them. These areas are of him, but not made for his use, but if they are not here..."

She looks up at the sky, dread tugging at her eyes. "...something may be wrong in the Heavens."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior -1 | Superior +3 | Mundane -1 | Potential:✴️✴️▶️▶️▶️
Conditions:
Insecure
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Ngon (watch Alien), Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite doesn’t mind being called ‘Demon’ entirely, but wonders if the princess truly can’t say her real name. She even called me ‘Femtite’ when I was Maeve. She doesn’t see the need to test this.

However…

“One of his quirks might be in that key, Princess Connie. Or do you prefer I call you ‘Princess Constance’ here? Anyway, now that I’m not the evil entity that wants your body and kingdom, how about you let me see the key?

“There must be a reason the demon wanted it. I know it has a purpose, and it tells me things—like one sigil tells of a body that won’t burn from my fire.”


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Rain of Gore:
Caio's blood boils when he sees Durg entering the tent with the bounded girls. He doesn't show his rage, however. He never does, for that would show a lack of control on his emotions and that was unthinkable.

He gets to his feet and steps forward, but then Durg is dead or dying and now there is a dagger pointed at him. Silly girl, as if you'd be able to kill me with it. He steps forward again, intending to just knock the dagger from her hand, just as her face shifts to match Skyler's.

He steps back, surprised, angry and worried, even if he does his best to hide those. Years of practice see to it. "Are you hurt?" He asks, then adds. "I was abundantly clear in my orders for your people to be left alone. I can't imagine why Lieutenant Durg thought this would not apply to him." It was very difficult to keep his fabricated persona to seep into his thoughts, but considering how Lucidity warned him to play his assigned role, this wasn't entirely bad. All in all, he had vast experience in reigning a monster inside his head.

"Free your friend. I'm not going to bring you any further harm." He looks at the other girl, trying to recognize her just in case she was also from Halcyon. "I'd like to see if my Lieutenant is still alive... I'd really prefer if he is. I don't really like the idea of him cheating away his punishment for openly violating my orders."


Potential: 3/5 10A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: Guilty
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Hall of Heroes:
"Assuming that Rain's still got his guardian angel, one of Conflux's eight thousand wards has protected her mind from influence, and Femtite's got her alien physiology to keep her in place, I think that they're mostly fine. So long as their role isn't so comfortable for them they slip into it easily," Shin says, noting Indarius' tone. "I would also say that we're both treading water but can fall back under the surface if we're not careful. I'm looking at the people in here and I'm sizing up their jugulars for a snack."

He grimaces and presses his fingertips to his temple. "Valerie's here too. We were on a date, and then the movie theater became a stage theater and the popcorn into peasants. She's a vampire too. You haven't seen anyone here that you recognize from outside, have you?" He asks.

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Hopeless, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Hall of heroes:

"Well I'm a huge terrifying dragon whom people pay tribute to, so I haven't exactly seen many people. I heard of a general, and a demoness. I can guess that one is Rain. But the other could be either of our otherwise wayward companions, which leaves one missing."

He leans down to give a chuff of a laugh in Shin's face, "Oh having issues with our base instincts are we? Just like in our other world you have very little self-control, here I have been dealing with nothing much different than what I have in our home, slightly more intense perhaps, but more of the same I deal with daily. More pride, more worry over my belongings, more desires, but I push them down. I know who I am Count Horizon, and I shall not fall to the urges of this body."

Relaxing and sitting on his haunches he continues to peer down at Shin but raises his head again so he's not in his face, his great eye-ridges furrowing with worry. "I have seen this places borders fraying at the edges, gazing into a great void where I know true demons lay in wait. I suspect either it hasn't been fully fleshed out, or perhaps the toll of keeping it so vivid for so many is taking a much greater toll on the creator than he would like to admit. It is more put together however than the last we were inducted to so I fret to attempt to thrash it down around me again. The effects on this world, others, and those within and without, could be... devastating to say the least." Indarius looks to Horizon with genuine worry, "We need him to put a stop to this on his own accord, lest we bring ruin to all creation. Do you understand?"


Rain of Gore:

When Caio doesn't make a move to attack her, the girl backs up to take the pressure off her neck and tugs at the chain to free it from the weight of Durg. "I'm here to avenge my brother," she hisses. "I don't care about your orders, I want you DEAD!"

She manages to get the chain freed out from under Durg's limp weight, but it runs to the collar around the neck of the other girl. She doesn't help matters, only trying to stay out of the fray in case the fighting resumes.

The girl with Skyler's face, now given more space to move, again looks like she's about to come at him with the knife!

============
Princess Castle

Outside Princess Constance's room, the castle is undergoing a hellish redecoration. Pits of fire have opened in the once-polished marble floors, doors and archways have sprouted teeth like some gaping maw, and the sound of screaming anguish or evil cackling fills the air like some sort of cloying miasma that burns the eardrums.

In the gardens, most of the smaller flowering plants have withered, while many trees are charred husks. Only a few have withstood the demonic incursion, though the question now is whether they will soon show signs of the hellish corruption evident throughout the castle.


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior -1 | Superior +3 | Mundane -1 | Potential:✴️✴️▶️▶️▶️
Conditions:
Insecure
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Ngon (watch Alien), Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite surveys the unleashed hell. “Did I do that?” She follows her rhetorical question with one less Urkly: “can I undo it?”

Assess, Guilty as Sin: 2d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (6, 5) + 3 - 2 = 12
• What here can I use to un-demonize this place?
• What here is in the greatest danger?


Potential: 3/5 10A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: Guilty
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Hall of Heroes:
"...Right. Indarius, most of these people don't want to leave. Right now, I think we should gather up the team before making any assumptions that this world shouldn't exist." Shin says. "Or before you start soliloquying into the dragon mindset. We're kids being forced to play the roles of monsters here. And I think you especially need a hobby that's more grounded in reality to concentrate on to keep your mind. I usually try to think about the Halcyon Hierarchs '39 team and recite players, numbers, and positions in my head."

He rubs the bridge of his nose. "Anyways, portals. Kyana!" He calls out to her. "Which one of these archways go to the place of the other two keys? I figure that if at least one of them is still in night time I can go and get it, maybe recover a warlord or demon. Indarius can probably grab the other one. I'd like to finish this before the weekend is over."


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

"I believe that first we must understand our purpose and duty here; I fear that giving you the key might still produce... ill effects. Before doing anything further to this kingdom, we must understand it."

Assess: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5) + 3 = 12
What can I use here to understand the underpinnings of this world?
How can we best end this quickly?


Hall of Heroes:

Kyana steps over to Shin and Indy when called. She takes a moment to stare at the dragon up close. "Indarius, right? Weren't you a sorcerer before? That's wild that you're a dragon this time. How does it feel? The first time Agamon transmuted me into a bird, it was sooo trippy."

She turns her attention to the quests. "Anyway, we're going to need those keys now. Kip said that Indarius still has his." She looks at the pouch tied around the dragon's neck expectantly.

"We won't be long, just enough to get our quest rewards and be selected for the next one."

As Kyana holds out her hands for the keys, the other adventurers watch closely. The thought of giving up the keys becomes even harder, like you are giving up part of your soul!

Take a powerful blow if you hand over your key

What do you do?

Princess Castle

The princess and the demon take in their surroundings in an effort to better understand their plight. Femtite, even having most of her mind back, still yearns to possess the key around Connie's neck.

As she tries to focus on other things, she looks for a way to cure this afflicted castle and its occupants. She cannot help but feel a connection to the demonic corruption, and that its spread is linked directly to her own villainous body. She is forced to conclude that she is the source of the hellish redecorating, and that anything she touches would only further it along!

Again, her thoughts turn to the key. She feels certain that with it, she could reverse the changes (or plunge the whole castle into the depths of Hell -- either choice sounds good).

As of right now, nothing feels in immediate danger. She could plot or plan at her leisure to convince Connie to offer up the key.

Meanwhile, Princess Constance's mind is working in other directions, trying to crack this world's code and be done with this matter.

Unfortunately, the world, she is coming to realize, is far more solid than anything before. Trees, buildings, and the rest of the window-dressing doesn't look to be able to give her access. So the best course is to find something with significance -- something like a plot-relevant item. The key around her neck appears to be a stand-in for her restrictive tattoos, but there are more sigils upon it than just just what had been given to her.

It might be the clue to unlock more than just a door, and it's definitely more than a mere macguffin.

Ending this quickly will involve beating Quincy's quest involving "Princess Constance" and the demon in order to force changes to the world's current parameters, assuming he needs time to "reset" the world for the next quest.

Their musings are interrupted by a demon-possessed messenger in ripped castle livery. He bows formally, but unnervingly because of his elongated torso. "My lady, you have received an urgent message from Harrowguard. Their borders have been invaded by the vicious General Costa and his armies. They are begging us for help." He leers wickedly. "Shall I send a troop of demons to pick off the refugees?"


Potential: 3/5 10A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: Guilty
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Hall of Heroes:
Shin looks at Indarius, feeling the tightening of the anchor around his heart. It sickens him that this is designed to make them want to be villainous. "It seems that the Questgiver doesn't want us to give up our keys without a fight," Shin comments. "It literally feels like doing so would rob me of part of my soul."

He draws the rose shaped key from his cloak. "Well f#@+ him. He ruined my date. He's given me no incentive not to ruin his game."

Tapb: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8 Struggling past the pain, marking Angry and Insecure

He tosses it to Kyana. "That key was designed like a symbol of my probably dead first love," He tells her. "I thought you should know, just so you understand how Quincy's using my personal pain for your entertainment. Go get your prizes with your friends. Then let's go get the rest and end this farce."


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Rain of Gore:
It is quite unsettling to see so much hate towards him coming from a face he loves. Still, was she really her? Or just a magical effect to make the girl look like her? If he knew she was really Skyler, he could risk letting she try to kill him and hope that she'd snap out of it before doing so... but considering how messed up her head was after Cortex's constant tampering, he wasn't even confident that would work.

There is no choice but to treat her as the real Skyler, just in case she is, so he needs to find a way for her to trust him... which is basically impossible with their assigned roles.

"Despite all his numerous faults, Durg was very skilled with his blade, and you only took him by surprise and luck." He points out. "I don't see how you hope to kill me as well when your best fighters did not come even close to that... and aside from that, even if you can do, what then?"

"Let's say I'm dead." He starts, hoping to reach her with logic since it was unlikely he'd be able to connect emotionally at this point. "And let's even be generous in saying that you can sneak past all the men in this camp... because I know you are aware what they'll do to you." He tries to not even look at the dagger, but just at the girl. "Anyway, you'll end up with an army around your village that no longer has any reason not to pillage... and this means violence, rape, death."

"You'll have your revenge and, believe me, I can certainly sympathise with the notion. But what about the cost?" He asks, as he shakes his head.

"Tonight, you can't kill me... but perhaps you'll get another chance." He offers with a smile, having an idea. I'll make you an offer girl. You stay with me, as my honor guest. I'll see that you are protected from any harm. I'll try to convince you that I'm not the person you hate... but if I fail, you'll be in a prime position to finish your revenge."

Provoke: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 = 5


Rain of Gore:

"As long as you're dead, it doesn't matter what happens next," she spits as she lunges at him. Caio easily turns her aside, maneuvering under the blade. She pivots and tries to get in close, clearly more skilled than the average peasant. Still, Caio's size and strength easily overpowers her as he catches her wrist and wrenches the dagger from her hand.

Disarmed, the girl tries to pull away and kicks uselessly against him.

"Let go of her!" The other girl comes to life, grabbing at her companion and trying to free her from Caio's grip. As she gets close, the gemstone in the key glows again, and the second girl shifts and changes! Grey fur covers her body, a shaggy tail protrudes from her torn skirts, and her mouth elongates into a canine muzzle!

Neither girl reacts to the sudden change as they keep trying to free themselves. The girl who now looks like Terrier doesn't show any improvement in strength or speed, and she slips on her wolflike paws that have replaced her feet, collapsing to the ground and sobbing.

The one who looks like Skyler struggles a moment more before her own reserves of energy are spent and she too collapses to the ground. She glares hatred at him as her chest heaves for breath. Terrier curls up into a ball, shielding her face while tears stream from her eyes and soaking the fur on her cheeks.


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior -1 | Superior +3 | Mundane -1 | Potential:✴️✴️▶️▶️▶️
Conditions:
Insecure
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Ngon (watch Alien), Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite turns to Connie. “Princess Connie, I think the best thing we can do is be true to ourselves—be the heroes we’ve trained to be. I know for a fact that, with that key, I can reverse the demonic influence on this place.

“Without the key, everything I touch will become as twisted as what you see here.” She hopes she’s talking to her brilliant teammate, and not a princess who sees a villain.

“I think we need to restore this place, then meet General Costa, and hope his condition is more like yours than mine.”

Femtite lets Connie answer the possessed messenger, though with her current demonic influence, ‘Eisheth’ could easily boss the man around or tempt him—what fun it would be to f#@* him dry!

Shut up, Demon.

PtM, Influence: 2d6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3, 5) + 1 - 2 = 7
• How could I get you to give me the key?
—or—
• if Connie does give Fem the key, the question is: what do you want me to do?


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Even if she can use this thing, me giving it to her constitutes and endstate. Could be beneficial, but could also easily have costs... Also, fulfilling your demonic quest seems not so much like being true to ourselves outside the game.

"Before we resort to unraveling the warp and weft of this world, I would sooner see that we do not leave innocents or ourselves with no stage upon which to tread."

Convince her that we're at the point where a Bad Ending is our best way forward. Or that it won't result in a Bad Ending.

I don't have any of the gear I need to investigate the key more deeply, but if she doesn't immediately corrupt the woods, I think there are some scroungeable sympathetic materials that would be part of this setting's milieu... Why is she looking at me? Why would I talk to the demon dude who's asking her for orders?

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Hopeless, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Hall of heroes:

Before his aside with Horizon is interrupted Indy scoffs slightly, "I did not say this world does not deserve to exist, only that it needs to be stopped if it threatens the existence of both. And before you forget I AM a dragon in both worlds, it is not simply a mindset or instinct that I can ignore." The words carry a sort of venom in them that might sting at Shin's unbeating heart with truth. "I want to see if both worlds can coexist, as I always have, but if that is impossible then a choice must be made, but that choice must be made freely or it could collapse both of our societies."

Indarius's gaze snaps calmly as the new-old looking elf approaches him. "In both realms I am a sorcerer and a dragon as well. In both I am also treated as a potential threat to all the people so that part is still... difficult to cope with, but it is a learning process."

He does bristle when she demands the key, fins, spines, and scales rising slightly as his wings tense in the expectation of a confrontation.
"That was not our deal little elf!" Though he feels he is speaking normally his voice booms with a certain presence of personality. "I am to hold onto the key until they are all assembled, so that I may speak with your questgiver. My duty in this world is to hold the key until the time is right and I shall uphold that until the time to relinquish it has arrived." He glances over the others, "I am sure that knowing it has arrived in the Hall of Heroes will suffice to allow you access to your rewards and allow you to be sent to the next venture for the other two keys. If you request it I may even come with you to ensure the survival of all parties so that we may all come to an amiable arrangement."

He straightens and tries to calm the anger caused by the Need to keep a hold of the key as long as possible resulting in a long deep breath which chills the room noticeably. "You still have my word that it will come into your possession when you have rightfully earned it. But that time has yet to come and go. The demon and the general await you, and I expect they will come willfully if you inform them that their companions await them in the hall of heroes."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior -1 | Superior +3 | Mundane -1 | Potential:✴️✴️▶️▶️▶️
Conditions:
Insecure
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Ngon (watch Alien), Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite does not believe a bad ending is best, so she will attempt to convince Connie this will not be bad, nor will it remove the stage.

Femtite sees she has to be forthcoming about what the key can do.

“Princess Connie, I agree that no harm should come to any innocents. I think the safe assumption is that any given person is as real as we are—and many, probably almost all, are forced into roles as I was until you saved me.

“The key, in my hand, can restore this land—which is good, and the land will remain intact. Alternately, the demoness wins and plunges everything into Hell. If you need assurance I won’t do that, I actually have a way!

“When the demoness tricked you into giving information, I learned how she makes deals. She needs to seal them with a kiss, which she could never do. I can’t touch you. Also, you aren’t allowed to amend the deal, so writing on the contract invalidated it—though it was never going to be validated anyway.”

Getting to the proposal, she points to the messenger.

“I can make a deal with him. I promise to restore the kingdom and all of its people. I need to gain something, so the key is what I gain. Of course, no one can force the key from you, so he doesn’t get my kiss without your approval. Oh—and you should touch him with your healing hand so I don’t burn his face off.”

She asks Connie, “What do you think?” She turns to the guy, “Also, the kiss is just business. One thing won’t lead to another.”


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Okay most of that is total nonsense or essentially irrelevant.

"Lady Eisheth, your notions are quite diverting, but I believe your retainer wishes to know whether or not you wish demons to attack fleeing refugees, or whether perhaps you wish to lull them into a sense of security for now with say... Housing and supplies? Untainted, lest they suspect anything further of your true plans of course. That would surely leave them out of the way until you chose to strike."

Does it undermine her role to the other demons to point out that that pact addresses none of my concerns about the effects that relinquishing the key might have? Probably less than her saying 'You saved me and now we must not harm innocents,' but still.

"Once your man has received his orders, perhaps we should see more of this land lest it go unstudied before some catastrophe or Costa's Invading Army ravage it beyond repair."


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior -1 | Superior +3 | Mundane -1 | Potential:✴️✴️▶️▶️▶️
Conditions:
Insecure
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Ngon (watch Alien), Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite sighs a puff of smoke. She turns to the messenger, “I have more important matters. Find out who’s been possessed by Roger, and tell him Lady Eisheth said ‘f*%@ off.’ General Costa can f&*& off too. We will not aid his army in any way. Now leave my sight!”

When the messenger leaves, Femtite says to Connie, “You do realize I’m calling you Princess Connie because I’m an actual princess, and in this world, so are you. You even adhere to the etiquette—whether by choice or you’re not fully yourself. I don’t know.

“What I know is Caio Costa is our teammate. I don’t actually want him to eff off. I want to help him—but I can’t because I corrupt everything I touch. I’m Princess Femtite of the Lavender Spire, Envoy to the Council of the Five Queens—not this sleazy demon your brother turned me into.

“Princess Connie, I don’t want to make a stupid pact. I want the key because I hate this! I want the key to undo the corruption.” She gestures in the direction of the deformed messenger, the lava moat, the direction of the incessant cackling and the screams! “I can undo all of this. Then we can get out of here without me turning everything I touch into The Tenth Plane of Hell.”


Hall of Heroes:

The adventurers all react, wide-eyed, at Indarius's refusal to relinquish his key. Kyana takes several steps back while clutching Shin's to her chest.

Ty'leth, Kip, Bron, Myra and Agamon all spread out slowly as if facing down a wild animal that could charge at any moment, their hands near their weapons.

Meanwhile, Kyana backs up to her companions. "I've got it! Let's go!" Valorian, Dargur and Markus all spare a glance at the other group.

Myra waves them on. "Go! It has always been our task to deal with the dragon!"

The four turn and sprint toward the double doors with no further hesitation. The grand doors swing wide to allow them through, spilling golden light so bright it is painful to look at. The adventurers dash through, swallowed up by the light, and the doors fly shut with a resonant crash!!

The remaining adventurers don't even look back at the spectacle of the other table achieving its goals, remaining focused on Indarius. "If we have to fight you, we will," Ty'leth says without a hint of fear. "We've spent all night traveling, we've still the wounds from the traps of your lair. You could kill most of us. You could kill all of us. But it is our task to deliver the key, not yours."

"Even the vampire agreed!" Myra shouts, gesturing over to Shin.

Who is on his knees, spilling black ichor from his mouth.

* * *

The instant he turned over the key, terrible regret washed over Shin. He could feel Psyche being torn from him, and saw any hope of a future with Valerie similarly stripped away because of his empty obsession. That fed into rising fury -- he'd been tricked! He never should have given up the one good thing in his miserable, undead, accursed existence! He may never escape this world or its terrible role assigned to him.

His body trembled as the key moved farther and farther away, but he felt rooted to the spot as his regrets and insecurities crash over and over through his mind. He'd given up without a fight. He'd surrendered.

Finding himself falling to his knees, he looked up just as the doors to the Hall of Heroes swung open and spilled its brilliant golden light. Light. He was a creature of darkness now, and did not deserve to feel light on his skin. It burned everywhere it touched him, his face, his hands, it even worked through the layers of fabrics and scorched his body. He couldn't even scream.

The light mercifully ended, but it was too late. He was defeated. A wretched, fallen, pathetic creature. His role as a villain was at its end.

His hunger is replaced with disgust, and he vomits up his black essence!

Princess' Castle

The messenger's head darts back and forth between the two, his rictus grin unchanging as he awaits the answer to his question. When Eisheth gives him instructions, he again bows unnervingly and scuttles off.


Potential: 3/5 10A Labels: Danger: +1 Freak: -1 Savior: +1 Superior: +3 *Mundane*: +2 | Conditions: Guilty
Influence:
Influenced by: Devil Diva, Femtite / Influences: Scorch, Mosaic, Frostbite, Psyche, Ballista, PATIENT X, Sarah, Triplight, Conflux, Indarius, Femtite, SG

Hall of Heroes:
Letting go of Psyche, even symbolically, was the worst feeling he'd ever felt. It was worse than waking up to a broken team. Worse than finding out his future. He gave it up without a fight because he'd felt that it was hopeless to keep holding onto it. This was what happened from trying to do the right thing and not play the game. Only it didn't matter that it had been given up, just that it got delivered.

He can't keep it in. Vomiting blackness out of himself, unable to speak, staring out at the doors as they closed. Angry, hateful, wanting to do something to relieve it all. He's swallowed up by this essence, melting into a lightless puddling void in the floor.

Kylie.

Why did she leave him?

Why did she never come back?

Why did she never say goodbye?

Why could he keeping falling for others despite never resolving that?

...Valerie was still waiting for him. That he could hold onto amidst the depression, anger, and self-loathing. He had to try and be strong for her.

He pushes himself off of the ground, on his hands and knees. A literal shadow bulging up out of the dark, staring down at the adventurers. Angry and spiteful and ready to lash out. But he'd wait to see what Indarius had in store here.


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

Princess Constance closes her eyes, breathes, and begins, her eyes demurely cast off to the side. "Let me be clear, I have essentially no doubts about who dwells within your frame. I trust our team, and I trust you. But not in all things. I would trust you to protect my life, but this is important." One hand flexes in the air around the key, carefully not touching it. "I know that being the source of so much external ugliness hurts you, and I'm sorry for that. But you have hurt me and disappointed me too often and too deeply. I can't just give this to you. Not just for that."

"I think we should go."

Grand Lodge

influence Given to:
Caio, Devil Diva, Femtite
Has influence on:
Caio, Nightclaw, Devil Diva, Femtite, Lua, Conflux
Influence locked out:
Mathers
Potential[][][][][] Dragon, Silver
conditions:
Guilty, Hopeless, Insecure
| Labels- Danger:+0 Freak:+3 Savior:+3 Superior:-1 Mundane:-1 |Burn:

Hall of Heroes:

Indarius's gaze narrowed his heart beating faster at the signs of approaching violence. A panic setting in that he couldn't resolve this peacefully. He could feel Shin doubling over to vomit along with the sounds and it filled him with anger and pain. Raising his head proudly at the assembled adventurers spreading out as if they were about to fight him and continued the dialogue, "I could, yet I haven't, even now. Do not make me a liar, do not force me to be the villain. I have no want to kill you, nor even wound you until you cannot fight on. I have no wishes to be a tyrant in this kingdom, but I will not be the victim of betrayal without retribution again. If you break our deal then I will hold nothing back, of that I can assure you. Now where is your Quest giver?"

Power up: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 1 = 7
Hold 3, Mark angry
He made it clear that if there was to be a fight he would end it swiftly and brutally as the very air hummed with draconic power and a rime of frost began to form around Indarius's sitting form.


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior -1 | Superior +3 | Mundane -1 | Potential:✴️✴️▶️▶️▶️
Conditions:
Insecure
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Ngon (watch Alien), Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite scoffs, “That’s your ‘logic?’ Holding onto grudges, as if hurt and disappointment between us only travels in one direction?

“I’ve let go of my grudges, Your Highness. I’m interested in First Class being an actual team. Sorry the sentiment isn’t mutual.”

Cold and Cruel: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 + 1 = 13
Taking away influence from Connie.

She looks contemplatively in the direction the lanky messenger had scuttled off.


Soldier | Danger -2 | Freak +0 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +3 | Soldier +2 Potential:▶️✴️✴️✴️✴️ | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless

Rain of Gore:
Caio takes care in how to hold the girl in order not to harm her wrist, doing so until she collapses on the ground. Letting go of her, he moves towards Durg's body to recover his keys. With them, he unlocks the collar on both girls.

Pretty sure there was no need for the obvious "told you so", he leaves the girls to themselves, giving them space. He sits on his table, which was loaded with food and ale, much more than he'd be able to eat. "Please, take a sit. Drink and eat if you will, while you think about what you'll do next." He offers, feeling a jerk to offer them their own food.

"I'm not going to harm you. you two remind me of people I really care about... Skyler and Terrier." He says, fishing for some wild connection.


Influence:
Influenced by: Caio, Femtite, Percy, Queen Millie, Shin Influences: Caio, Candy Grrrl, Devil Diva, Femtite, Jade, Jasmine Jacobson, Percy, Ringtone, Shin, Tyg
Labels: Danger: -1 Freak: 1 Savior: 3 Superior: 3 Mundane: -2| Conditions: Afraid, Guilty | Potential 1/5 | Condition Heal/Team Hold: 0 | Diva Samples Hold: 1/2

"Well, my Lady of Babylon, I do not believe that to be a just or accurate description of what I said. Shall we adjourn nonetheless?"


⭐️ | Danger +1 | Freak +3 | Savior -1 | Superior +3 | Mundane -1 | Potential:✴️✴️▶️▶️▶️
Conditions:
Insecure
Influence:
Chastity, Chumpchange, Connie, DD, Drake, Horizon, Indarius, Raquel, Shane, Skyler, Valorian, ((not yet: LaQuesha, Ngon (watch Alien), Victoria)) / Faetite

Femtite doesn’t address the remark.

“You’re too weak, and I can’t carry you.” She doesn’t say ‘because of the key.’ “I’ll get us a coach, Your Highness. I assume we’re going to Harrowguard.”

5,551 to 5,600 of 6,010 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Those Halcyon Days II -- All New, All Different All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.