[AP] Iron Gods by GM Rutseg

Game Master Balacertar

Chapter 3 - THE CHOKING TOWER

Current map
Treasure sheet

Iron Gods Player's Guide
Torch's Gazetteer - Torch's map - Numeria's map

Goals:
* Learn more about Unity
* Locate Casandalee's neurocam and AI core devices
✔️ Reunite with Baine and Meyanda
* Find allies to depose the rule of the Technic League
* Fight the Dominion of the Black


2,851 to 2,900 of 4,994 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>

F Half-elf Craftsperson
Chaance wrote:
"You sound very knowledgeable about the Technic League, for how confident you are we ourselves can cull their ranks. Please, tell us what you think happens once you've rid Torch of the current occupiers. How long is your campaign against the Technic League, and do you think it a greater threat to Torch than Unity Herself?"

”Where were these questions when we took on the Manticore? Or Helllion? I was no expert then, but you seemed pretty willing to try, and the stakes then were much less than now,” Rhoreen blisters back. ”I don’t have a campaign against the Technic League. They invaded my home. I’m not the occupier here. They attacked us. Our town. Our people. You should be asking them that.”


Human (Kellid) He/Him

As the chatter subsides, Yambul looks glum but determined. "Fine, let's see what's what with the prisoners, and we will assuredly guilt ourselves into doing something foolish. I'm bettin' they aren't being treated with kid gloves."

He turns his mind on how to accomplish their goals, "I can be a little stealthy if it comes to that. Not, you know, great, but not too bad all things considerin'. How do we get to the prisoners? Can we do a walk-by of the place and see what there is to see before we sneak in closer?"

Where are most of the prisoners being held and can we check it out casually, even from a distance, to get a lay of the land?


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)

Zzvkgrogk grunts.

"Yah, I'm curious as to how they are getting people in and out of that mountain. I hope they are not beating spells out of Joram Kyte. We should sneak by the Temple of Brigh -- it is on the way at least to the original entrance. Maybe we can find something else helpful there and bring it into the mountain for Joram. His holy symbol is something that we should at least take."

"I wonder if Meyanda is there with Xoud and that rotten Izzkvitgrk, also. I didn't really prepare for a shootout though. I just hope Val is not too crushed about the delay in smuggling her and Dinvaya out of here."


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

"Most of them are put to work in the ruins. I fear that's where Joram has been taken." Val explains for the group after you decide to gather more info about what are the conditions.

As you go to the ruins entrance, you make a stop in the temple of Brigh, just to confirm it is completely shut down and abandoned. Dinvaya does show the group the symbol Joram gave the group for her "Brigh is with us. Let us him extend his protections and make this expedition successful"

Like that, you shroud yourselves in the darkness of the falling night to make it up the lake road until you reach a position where you have a good view of the Weeping Pond [9]. The Technic League has left here apparently a single man. He is playing with a dagger, making it fly in the air without touching it. The guard is posted just in front of the pond entrance, and there are not much things to hide here to approach by this side. Approaching from the back of the pond would be easier without being seen, but it would require climbing down the cliff there, and being not noisy while getting down into the water.


F Half-elf Craftsperson

Is this the same day or next day after arriving in town? I'm trying to track spells and timing of things.

Rhoreen likes where things are headed, hoping to find a way to free the prisoners and also make sure more than a few Technic League members end up very murdert as a way to pay back their kindness to the people of Torch.

She waits to see if anyone has any good plans for the lone guard, and is happy to note his patterns and movements for the moment.


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Unless the group wants to risk passing the night hidden somewhere in Torch, it is same day of your arrival at night.

The guard cleans his ear with a finger distractedly while sending the dagger into a spiral in the air with the other hand.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul shrugs, short of charging him and laying him low he has no particular plans. He is a lone guard, but perhaps there are others nearby.

"Can anyone, I dunno, put him to sleep? When does the next guard come along? How long will we have to, uh, search further?"


Elf Huntress 10

"Hold on. Let me go ask him."

Chaance sees no point in waiting any longer, what, with the single individual guarding the pond, and potentially the prisoner camp somewhere beyond.

The elf bounds up to the guard, hands empty, a smile on her face.

"Good evening, sir? Can I ask you about the prisoners? I've returned from Scrapwall, and found out that one of my friends has been made to serve in the camp here? I only wanted to know if he's physically alright. Only that. Are you in charge here? Should I wait until morning to speak to someone higher in command?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)

Zzvkgrogk shrugs. "I wish I were better prepared. Once we go in it will probably be non-stop mayhem. They have only left the one guard here though."

He turns to Rūha. "You have four sleeves. Do you have tricks up any of them?"

He then watches Chaance bound up to the guard. "Ah, nevermind. The android is trying to make friends."


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

"Who is there?!" the guard calls out when he notices someone approaching.

He is a bit surprised to see Chaance approaching and talking to him "Scrapwall? What do you mean? If your friend is with the group she must have done something bad and unruly. You better leave if you do not want to end digging in the underground."

With a gesture, the guard calls out his dagger from the air and holds it tightly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elf Huntress 10

Chaance looks the guard over, especially for any items which might be part of an alarm system- whistle, horn, didgeridoo, conch shell...

"No, you are right. It's late, an inappropriate time to make inquiries such as mine. I've upset you." The elf rattles around her belt pouch, producing 14 silver pieces. She extends her hand, palm up and padded with coin to the guard. She adjusts her belt pouch, as if its position is uncomfortable, making more coin noise in the process.

"I don't suppose I could pay a penalty to you personally, and take a quick look? Or are they camped in the underground? I was picturing them camped above ground..."


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +19 | Advice 11/16 SF 11/11 Ki 7/11 | Active Status: --

I'm now finally back home and should be able to return to normal posting.

Rūha, lacking any sleeves and not having any tricks worth mentioning even if she did, can only approach closer to the guard while staying in cover and out of his direct line of sight. She watches from cover and listens in to see where things are going.


F Half-elf Craftsperson

Rhoreen waits to see what happens with Chaance.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul waits, out of direct line of sight, but close enough to eavesdrop (he hopes).


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Chaance does not notice any horn or other similar device. The guard grabs the coins very fast, so fast it is difficult to tell from those afar what she offered.

"You seem nice. You better don't go there unless you want trobule" the guard smiles and puts the coins on his pouch "I need to take a leak. Just go home and forget about your friend"

The guard moves away towards one nearby building.

Assuming you warned her to be ready for this, Dinvaya has prepared the proper spell and wraps her hands around Brigh holy symbol "Whisperer in Bronze, please help us breath in the waters so we can reach your faithfuls" and the familiar gills form around your necks.

Swim DC 10 checks will be needed to dive down the pond into the caverns


Elf Huntress 10

Chaance nods, raising her hand in the direction of the others, before being intercepted with whispered words to wrangle gills. Ah, so the prisoners are being kept below. It was hazy in my mind. The elf sympathizes with Torch, for the separation between prisoners and town folk incapable of reaching them...

Swim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)

When the guard temporarily leaves his post, Zzvkgrogk makes his way to the water wishing he were a flightless aquatic bat. He gratefully accepts the Blessings of Brigh, and does his best to keep up swimming with the others.

Swim: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

I'm just not cut out for this. If I make it, I should quaff my Mutagen...

Heightened Awareness -- actually -- probably not?

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 3 Second
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Sheild
(1st) Detect Metal
(2nd) Identifier’s Eye
(2nd) See Invisibility
(2nd) Detect Thoughts
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, 2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 33/33 ()
AC: 17 / 15 / 13 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
AC Current: 17
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 43/50
Radiation Detector (6/10 charges)
Neraplast Armor Charges: 18/24
Laser Pistol (Charges): 10/10
Batteries Charged): 18/18
Empty Battieries: 0 /21
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 8 / 8


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul watches the exchange with pleasure, and rushes forward as soon as the guard is out of sight. "Well done Chaance, well done!"

He'll take-ten (19) swimming.


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +19 | Advice 11/16 SF 11/11 Ki 7/11 | Active Status: --

Rūha takes a quick look around for any other League members that might be a backup lookout, then slinks her way to join the rest of the group. She whispers "Smoothly done Chaance." as she heads on into the water.

Perception for observers: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Then take 10 for a 10 to Swim


F Half-elf Craftsperson

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Swim

Rhoreen is pleased to make the plunge, and gets wet trying to save all the people.


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Diving until you reach the other side of the water filled cave, you emerge into the Black Hill caves. The place is silent but there are signs the caves have seen considerable traffic in recent times.

You follow the path to the hatch at the end of the caves, and following the recent signs of movements, you make your way back into the kasatha's desert and follow forward until you reach the vegepygmies' level where you found Bane and fixed the elevator.

There you find the first signs of activity. A group of voices are directing people at the other end of the module "You, saw that piece off! I want it out into the pile!" and observe a pile of scrap being piled on the corridor.

K. local DC 15:

You do recognize the voice as that one of Sanvil Trett himself!

We are back into the Science Deck!


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Yambul whispers to the others, "It's Sanvil Trett. Still working for the 'Leaguers from the sound of it. Well, that's not too surprising."

"Look, we go on from here, and we're bound to fight. Sanvil won't be bribed to look the other way I suspect. Considering we took all his stuff last time." Yambul can't help but grin a little at the memory.

He still feels this is a bad idea, so he waits for one of the others to make the first move or suggest a direction. He hopes, vainly he's sure, that they'll just slink back the way they came.


F Half-elf Craftsperson

”Yeah, that man is dead to me,” Rhoreen agrees. ”Let’s get in there and see what we can see.”

Rhoreen slinks up and takes a looksee, trying to place exactly where her foes might be, and where others might be as well.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Stealth
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 Perception


Elf Huntress 10

"Take some comfort in the fact that we have the privacy of the underground, Yambul. What happens next, we have both the element of surprise, and the cushion of little to nowhere our adversaries can retreat, easily."

"Our immediate concern is that the fighting can't take place among the prisoners, or we risk injury or death in the population we've come to rescue." Chaance looks in the direction of the voices. "We have no sense of numbers- how many of them, how many prisoners... this is going to be either disastrous or fortuitous..."

Chaance moves up as well, hoping to pluck a prisoner away from the imminent battlefield.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 -2 to avoid being Surprised
+4 against Robots, +2 against Aberrations


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)

"Maybe we can just cause a distraction -- like putting out the lights. I can sneak in, do some reconnaissance -- and maybe find someone on the inside to plot with. Or at least find ClockFather Joram and reunite him with his holy symbol." Zzvkgrogk suggests, slightly damp and still air drying.


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Rhoreen and Chaance carefully move forward trying to figure out better the situation. They spot a couple humans bringing a large piece of metal an leaving it over the pile. Rhoreen thinks she recognizes these two as Torch peasants. They do disappear once more to the south, and more sounds of metal working are head at the room to the east.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 2

The people here keep working on their things without apparently noticing the group.

The elevator is waiting in the center of this level.


Elf Huntress 10

Chaance retreats, straining to hear what the ysoki offers. "Sneak away, Zzvkgrogk. But do signal us if you find yourself in sudden peril."


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +19 | Advice 11/16 SF 11/11 Ki 7/11 | Active Status: --

Rūha nods with Chaance's comments. She whispers "And as we talked about before, an attack invites reprisals on the townsfolk. Now that I think about it, the best would be to somehow stage something that looks like an accident. I wonder if there is a way to collapse this area?" She thinks back to the first exploration of the floor and where things seems structurally unsound. "If a few of their prisoners disappeared in a collapse, along with a few of their loyalists, it would not be unusual."

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

While Zzvk sneaks ahead to scout a bit, she whispers "We didn't keep any of that cylex, did we?"


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)

Zzvkgrogk nods. "I think the control room is back that way." he whispers, pointing in the direction in which the group came.

Zzvkgrogk activates his armor and sneaks down the hall toward the elevator.

Sneak: 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 3 = 31
Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 = 26

He’ll aim to peek into the eastern room, trying to blend with his surroundings.

Maybe they’ll mistake me for a piece of scrap. No, I mean Izzkvitgrk… wait … Yes. Scrap Izzkvitgrk.

Heightened Awareness

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 3 Second
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Sheild
(1st) Detect Metal
(2nd) Identifier’s Eye
(2nd) See Invisibility
(2nd) Detect Thoughts
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, 2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 33/33 ()
AC: 17 / 15 / 13 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
AC Current: 17
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 43/50
Radiation Detector (6/10 charges)
Neraplast Armor Charges: 17/24
Laser Pistol (Charges): 10/10
Batteries Charged): 18/18
Empty Battieries: 0 /21
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 8 / 8


F Half-elf Craftsperson

Rhoreen slinks after Zzvkgrogk because that seems like a good idea.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 Perception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Stealth


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul stealths in with the rest of them. He has his falchion out, a quieter weapon than the chainsaw.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Rūha cannot thing on any way to collapse the deck without incurring into a great risk.

Perception-distance: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Perception-distance: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12
Perception-distance: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (11) - 3 = 8
Zzvkgrogk reaches the scrap pile and finds out a couple Teachnic Leaguers, one in each room, plus Sanvil Trett in the room to the east. They do not seem to have noticed the approach.

There are a few slaves that are working sawing and detaching different elements from the ship.


F Half-elf Craftsperson

Rhoreen pauses, waiting for others to catch up.


Elf Huntress 10

Chaance moves up, keeping her line open, straight down the hallway. She only knows the face of Sanvil, and worries that she may accidentally shoot a prisoner in the impending chaos...


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +19 | Advice 11/16 SF 11/11 Ki 7/11 | Active Status: --

Rūha stays back, letting Zzvkgrogk carefully stealth his way around to scout out the positions of the prisoners before returning. Once the group knows where all the prisoners are and what numbers the foes have, she figures it'll be easier to plan out exactly how to handle this. Her first thought is still to stage an accident somehow - it'd be the best way to get a lot of people out without triggering reprisals. Still, none of the others in the group seemed to be interested.

(Even if we can't cause a collapse, my vote is for staging some kind of accident to "disappear" the townsfolk and get them to safety)


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)

Zzvkgrogk continues observing for a moment when another idea comes to him.

He goes back and reports to the gang. ”There’s Sanvil and a couple Leaguers in the east and south rooms, and a couple of slaves. It’s too bad Sanvil will recognize us, but I was toying with the idea of bluffing our way in – saying we switched sides – and that we captured Casandelee in the Scrapwall ruins – then take them when they least expect it.” He looks at Chaance. ”You’ll have to pretend to be bound…”

He grabs some ion tape and a zipstick and begins measuring Chaance's hands.

He looks back at the scrap pile in Sanvil’s direction.

a * bx = 4x...

”Or, since they are unaware of us now, maybe we can just take them now. If we can do so more or less silently we can buy our time into cause a distraction here, and sneak up to free those that might be above us.” He describes the Leaguers to everyone so there is no confusion between them and the slaves.

Heightened Awareness


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul stays back a bit by 'base camp' and waits for Zzvkgrogk to return. When he does, he shrugs, willing to go with the majority.

"As I see it, if we're going in, Sanvil has lost the right to his freedom this time. We let him loose before, and here he is doing evil once again."

He leaves the rest of his thoughts unsaid, and follows the others, scimitar out and ready.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Elf Huntress 10

"Yes, let's go with 'or'." Chaance unnarrows her eyes on Zzvkgrogk, and looks to Yambul. "Kill Sanvil first, cow the others into surrender. Use what Zzvkgrogk has told us, and let's finish this swiftly."

Chaance takes position further up the hall, waiting for Yambul to move forward, and begin the reckoning.


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

There is some discussion about what to do, Chaance seems to favor a direct assault while Zzvkgrogk and Yambul also seem to consider this option. Meanwhile Rūha seems more interested into creating some cover action.

The slavers seem really distracted with the detaching of any technical worth from the module, but this could change at whatever moment.


Elf Huntress 10

"From what I gather, Rhoreen wants the slavers all dead, including Sanvil. Yambul won't start this, but he won't stop it once it's begun. Roo wants to obfuscate, if we can find a way to cripple this crash site without crashing it completely. Zzvkgrogk wants to debilitate the slavers, and hie away with the prisoners." Chaance considers their way through this.

"The pit into the underdark. Why not simply slay the slavers and dump their bodies there? Unlikely the League would seek out evidence of foul play in such a deep hole. And we could make it look like something rose from the black and engaged the hapless harvesters."

The elf looks back and forth between the Lioness and the Butcher. "If you wanted to injure the League further, we embed ourselves here and lie in wait for reinforcements, and cripple each wave as they arrive from the waters."

"Whatever you decide, there will be bloodshed, there will be death. The League doesn't speak the language of diplomacy, correct? So if we are decided, let's strike first, strike hard, and put down the rabid dogs of the Technic League."


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +19 | Advice 11/16 SF 11/11 Ki 7/11 | Active Status: --

"If both the slavers and townsfolk disappear, and it looks like something from the darklands got them... I think that would work. It should not be difficult to create some blood trails." Rūha nods.


F Half-elf Craftsperson

”I want every townsperson freed, so that they have the chance to leave Torch or not. We’re not leaving anyone here who doesn’t want to be here,” Rhoreen confirms what she believes is important.

And if Sanvil gets in our way, he can be put in the ground. Actually, slavers should mostly always be kilt. Mostly always.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

"This is a fools quest, but if that's the way it's too be, fine. I doubt that dragging bodies to the Underdark is going to trick anyone, but it's better than nothing I suppose. The people of Torch are going to suffer for our actions here today."

Angrily, he strides forward with his as-yet unbloodied falchion out and ready. He sneaks until notice or there's no cover and then launches himself at the enemy!

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Initiative:

Chaance: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Rhoreen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Rūha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Yambul: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Zzvkgrogk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Leaguers: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The Leaguers are taken by surprise by Yambul's appearance into their room. Sanvil's eyes open wide, like big dishes, his face turns totally pale "What the...?!"

Round 1: Rūha, Chaance, Yambul, Zzvkgrogk, Rhoreen, Leaguers


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +19 | Advice 11/16 SF 11/11 Ki 7/11 | Active Status: --

Assuming Ruha was conversing with the others in the elevator...

Rūha quickly dashes in, looking to surround Sanvil before he can pull any tricks - or raise any alarm. If this move were to go well, the fight here would need to be kept isolated from any other League presence.


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)

Zzvkgrogk moves and waits in the hall for Leaguers to come into view on their way to assist Sanvil where upon he shall blast them with his laser pistol.

As far as I'm concerned, Trett owes us...


F Half-elf Craftsperson

Round 1

Rhoreen moves up to provide support, touching her skymetal rod and adding a mix of the uncertain to the events. She targets Ruha for her next round’s actions.

Skymetal's Onus: The subject of this onus is infused with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. When the target makes an attack or saving throw during the next round, it may roll twice and take the better result. 47/50.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Status:
HP: 64/64 AC: 21 (t14, f18) Hero Points: 1
Weapon Equipped = Falchion
Conditions = None
Chainsaw: Attack: 6/1 BAB +4 Str +1 magic (-2 PA) Damage: +6 Str +1 magic (+6 PA) Crit: 18-20x2 DR: Magic Charges: 10/10
Falchion: Attack: 6/1 BAB +4 Str +1 MW (-2 PA) Damage: +6 Str (+6 PA) Crit: 18-20x2 DR: Adamantine
Chef’s knife: Attack: 6/1 BAB +1 MW +4 Str / +2 Dex Damage: +4 Crit: 19-20x2 Range: 10’
Studied: () (mv/im; +2 att, dam, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival)
Spell Like (1/1d, st, Prestidigitation cl1)
Spell Like (1 time, st, Cure Serious Wounds cl5)
- - -

Yambul 5’ steps into flank with Rüha, and goes to town on the flat footed Sanvil.

Falchion (adamantine): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 = 23 (flank)
damage S: 2d4 + 12 + 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 12 + (6, 4) = 26 (sneak)

Falchion (adamantine): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13 (flank)
damage S: 2d4 + 12 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 12 + (6, 6) = 31 (sneak)


Elf Huntress 10

Round 1

Status:

AC = 17
HP = 40/40
Weapon Equipped = Tuilindo
Condition(s) = None

Chaance moves down the hallway, taking a position at the crossways, expecting to puncture one of the slavers described by Zzvkgrogk. She doesn't mind which one comes into view first. She wants to make sure they understand quickly the deadliness of the situation.

Readied Action:

Tuilindo, PB: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 1 = 22 for 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10 piercing, magical damage


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

The party maneuvers around Sanvil in a surprise assault. The poor devil barely manages to survive Yambul's deep cut thanks to the experience he gained surviving to your previous encounter. He yells in pain.

His terrified face speaks for himself "No! Sorry! No!" reaching for his spell component he starts saying magic words.
Concentration + combat casting DC 17: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 4 = 19
The man disappears!

Spellcraft DC 16:

vanish

The leaguer in the southern room comes to the doors and call at you "Who the f$~# are you?!"

Which is answered by Chaance with a readied arrow striking the man on the shoulder, the head going deep.

"You f$#@ers!" alerted the man brings his hand into his pouch and says some magic words. A burst of web strings burst from the central doors covering all the corridor crossing!
Ref DC 16 to avoid grapple

Ref DC 16: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
The slaves are stranded by the web, while the leaguer in the big room manages to avoid the worst of the webs. This one says a few magical words too and remains otherwise in place.

Spellcraft DC 16:

shield

Cyan: 10 damage, considerably wounded
Rūha: sky onus (roll with advantage) r2
Round 2: Rūha, Chaance, Yambul, Zzvkgrogk, Rhoreen, Leaguers

1 to 50 of 4,994 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [AP] Iron Gods by GM Rutseg - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.