GMF's Savage Tide

Game Master Fanguar

Part 2: The Bullywug Gambit.
In which our heroes continue their hunt for the murderous villain, Vanthus Vanderboran.

Kraken's Cove


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,111 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 21/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

Bhru looks back at the water, and then to the thing munching crustaceans. He ponders going back into the water with his armor, but thinks twice about that. Mind made up he does the thing he knows how to do best,

Going for the baddie

Bullrush: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

IF successful takes 4 dmg and...
spikes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
dmg?: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
overrun: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Bhru is having difficulty finding purchase in the soft ground.


@Phineas: Yup that's fine.

@Bhru: that's a miss.

@Jon: We'll say that Bhru was patient enough to let you get into position first.

Bhru comes barrelling out of the surf, but wet sand and waterlogged armor take their toll on his stride, allowing the creature to withstand his rush.

Seeing him emerge, the creature wails plaintively,

"Where are you , my love? Is that you? I knew you wouldn't leave me! Soooooo hungry... please... feed me..."

Initiative:

Ukufa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Kellan Ved: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Spinnaker Jon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Bhru Angraddson: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Phineas Flaunce: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Baddies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Combat
21 Baddies
20 Ukufa
18+ Jon
18- Kellan
12 Bhru
10 Phineas

And lashes out at the soggy dwarf:

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Damage?: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Bite: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Everyone is up.


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L3 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 19/19 | Saves: F0R8W2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status: OK

Spinnaker Jon erupted out of concealment at the edge of the water and rolled into flank with Bhru.
"Got ye, ye pile o' chum!" He exulted, lunging forward with his rapier.
Rapier flank attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9 for a possible 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 with an extra 1d6 ⇒ 4 precision damage.


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 24/24 | Spell Slots 6/6 Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+3 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

"What in the seven hells?" Clearly unnerved by the monsters voice Kellan hesitates. The aggression makes it clear however, this thing is not friendly, so he let's fly.

Thwip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Tchunk: 1d8 ⇒ 5


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +5 CMD: 13 | F+2, R+3, W+0 | Per +3 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

“Cease your wailing, you foul and famished creature! Let us make our blades your meal.”
Phineas and Lloyd attack:
Phineas Lance: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Lloyd Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

lance dmg?: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
bite dmg?: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Touv Ranger (Divine Hunter of Wee Jas) 3 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/T13/FF13 | CMB: +5 CMD: 18 | F+4, R+6, W+3 | Perc +8 | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Stifling a look of disgust Ukufa moves to engage the creature;

Move & Attack Actions

Melee (2WF) +1 Dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Just wow.
Damage: 1d4P&S+3 [19-20/x2] & Penkus' MW Dagger +5* Damage: 1d4+2P&S [19-20/x2]


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 21/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

The water logged dwarf tries again,

"I ain't no luv of yours!"

Bullrush: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
4dmg if success

Spikes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Dmg?: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
and...
Overrun: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Kellan's bolt strikes true, but simply bounces off of the creature's flesh. Similarly, Phineas' lance also fails to pierce the creature's preternaturally tough flesh. (It has DR)

Bhru successfully shoves the creature back, causing some minor damage with his spike, but it steps aside, allowing the dwarf to move past it.

Growling in pain, it lashes out a Bhru:

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Damage?: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Misfortune?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Bite: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8 Damage?: 1d8 ⇒ 1

The creature's blade looks to land a solid blow, but Kellan weaves the winds of fate, and Bhru manages to duck just in time.

Party is up.

Dm's stuff:

Hps: 3 down


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L3 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 19/19 | Saves: F0R8W2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status: OK

Spinnaker Jon rolled into flanking with Bhru again, and lashed out again at the creature!
Rapier flank attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22 for a possible 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 with an extra 1d6 ⇒ 2 precision damage.


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 21/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

sorry for the delay

Bhru once again pushes forward,

bullrush: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
4dmg if hit

spikes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
dmg?: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

He uses his momentum to try and overwhelm the beasty,

Overrun: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 24/24 | Spell Slots 6/6 Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+3 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Hmmm second guessing the ole spell list. Ah well. Soldier on!

Without a much better option Kellan reloads and fires again.

Thwip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Dmg?: 1d8 ⇒ 1


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +5 CMD: 13 | F+2, R+3, W+0 | Per +3 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

Phineas swings harder this time, Lloyd bites about the same:
Phineas Lance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Lloyd Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

lance dmg?: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


It has DR/magic, so if anyone other than Ukufa has a magic weapon, let me know.

Ukufa stab: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Ukufa takes a stab, but misses.

The creature just sidesteps Bhru as he runs past overrun doesn't do much until you get the greater overrun feat. Also remember that you are moving people around when using these abilities, so please adjust the map when you do so.

Everyone does a little bit of chip damage, but the slavering abomination continues to try to feed her hunger.

Attack Bhru: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Damage?: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Bite Bhru: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Party is up. Phineas, remember that you have ride by attack, so you should be trying to position thing to charge past, since lances do double damage on a charge.

Dm's stuff:

Hps: 15 down


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L3 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 19/19 | Saves: F0R8W2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status: OK

Spinnaker Jon rolled into flanking with Bhru again, and lunged again at the creature!
Rapier flank attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9 for a possible 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 with an extra 1d6 ⇒ 5 precision damage.


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 24/24 | Spell Slots 6/6 Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+3 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Kellan takes aim and fires again.

Thwip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Dmg?: 1d8 ⇒ 1


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +5 CMD: 13 | F+2, R+3, W+0 | Per +3 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

@GMF: Thanks for the heads up! I was assuming with the baddie surrounded there wouldn’t be a position to do a ride by attack in this case? I’ll swing regularly once more, but will definitely do some ride-by’s with your approval!

Phineas and Lloyd try and muster some damage:
Phineas Lance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Lloyd Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

lance dmg?: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 21/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

Bhru does the only thing he knows,

Bullrush: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
4dmg

Shoulder Spike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9


@Phineas: You just need to to have a straight line, so theoretically, all the melees could gain up on an enemy and still leave a clear path for you to charge past.

Ukufa: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Damage?: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The mutated creature proves both nimble and resilient, avoiding hit and negating most of the damage from those that do manage to connect.

Attack Bhru: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Bite: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Confirm?: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5 Please make a CON save vs disease

Tired of being smacked around by Bhru, the creature manages to connect with the nimble dwarf.

Everyone is up.

Dm's stuff:

Hps: 16 down


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L3 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 19/19 | Saves: F0R8W2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status: OK

Spinnaker Jon swore furiously as he stepped into flank and lunged again at the creature!
Rapier flank attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18 for a possible 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 with an extra 1d6 ⇒ 2 precision damage.


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 21/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

8 dmg taken..

Con: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Female Touv Ranger (Divine Hunter of Wee Jas) 3 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/T13/FF13 | CMB: +5 CMD: 18 | F+4, R+6, W+3 | Perc +8 | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Seeing the creature's malformed hide turn aside her blade, the Jasdian pauses then measures up a stab at where a more vital organ may be housed...

Melee: +1 Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Damage (P&S + Magic): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 24/24 | Spell Slots 6/6 Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+3 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Desperate to help but unable to pierce the creatures hide Kellan resorts to intimidation, making a show of reloading his crossbow he shouts "Ahhh this bolt is a special one, ye'll feel this beastie, mark my words!"

Intimidate/Demoralize: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


@Bhru: No apparent outcome from the bite.

Jon manages to connect, causing a small cut to the creatures arm, but it manages to dodge Ukufa's thrust. Kellan's words seems to reach what little of her mind remains and the creature quails in fear at the threat.(Shaken)

Bhru and Phineas can still act.


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +5 CMD: 13 | F+2, R+3, W+0 | Per +3 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

Apologies for my delay, folks!
Seeing the creature cower, Phineas and Lloyd backstep until they’ve room enough for a ride-by attack:
Ride-by Lance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
dmg?: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L3 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 19/19 | Saves: F0R8W2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status: OK

Remember, mounted lance damage on a charge is doubled.


Bhru MA: Studied target

Bhru hammer: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Phineas charge damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 = 10

Bhru slams with his hammer and Phineas connects soundly with his lance. The pitiful crature takes a serious beating, but still stands, albeit at little shakily.

Attack Bhru: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 2 = 11
Bite vs Bhru: 1d20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 1 - 2 = 6

It lashes out once more at the armoured dwarf, but to little effect.

Party is up.

Dm's stuff:

Hps: 25 down


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L3 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 19/19 | Saves: F0R8W2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status: OK

"That's it! Hold him in place!" He shouted as he stepped into flank and lunged again at the creature!
Rapier flank attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20 for a possible 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 with an extra 1d6 ⇒ 1 precision damage.


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 24/24 | Spell Slots 6/6 Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+3 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

After taking careful aim post posturing Kellan feels like he's lived up to the false hype with his next shot.

Thwip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Tchunk: 1d8 ⇒ 6


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +5 CMD: 13 | F+2, R+3, W+0 | Per +3 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

Sorry for my delay--thanks @Spinnaker Jon for the heads up on the first roll and @GMF for the re-roll!
Phineas and Lloyd charge back the other way:
Ride-by Lance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
lance dmg?: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 6 = 8


The alien and mutated flesh continues to resist your weapons, but Phineas' charge manages to slip past its defences and finally put the ravanous creature to rest.

In its death throes, it snaps one last bite at Lloyd at they charge past.

Bite: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5 You can make a ride check to negate the hit. If it does it, make a Fort save for Lloyd please.

The long, drawn out battle complete, you take a moment to despoil the dead. despite its savage nature, the creature was quite well outfitted.

#lootz: +1 studded leather (assuming someone has detect magic), masterwork rapier, purple silk cloak with emerald clasp (20 gp), silver locket (10gp) that opens to reveal a well drawn likeness of Vanthus Vandorboran.

Away from the beach, a passage lead further into the cavern, before splitting into three directions.


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L3 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 19/19 | Saves: F0R8W2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status: OK

Sorting through the creatures pockets, Jon came across a silver locket.
Curious, he opened it up to find an excellent drawing of Vanthus.
He gave a low whistle.
"Well lookee here shipmates; someone liked Vanthus enough to keep a picture of 'im! Wonder who though... " He mused aloud.


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 24/24 | Spell Slots 6/6 Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+3 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

"Who indeed and how did they lose it to this creature? For a liver if Vanthus Id say balance has come perhaps has come to them already if they perished to such a monstrosity in this... horrid cavern." He pauses to contemplate their options. "Straight for it lads? Right up the gut middle option? Perhaps a bit of a scout first?" Kellan indicates the middle tunnel and moves to join any advance team.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 +2 if less than an hour since the bluff...


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L3 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 19/19 | Saves: F0R8W2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status: OK

Spinnaker Jon eases forward silently, scouting ahead. His hand crossbow out and twitching back and forth along with his eyes.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +5 CMD: 13 | F+2, R+3, W+0 | Per +3 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

“Let not this pestilence worry you, Lloyd!”
Ride check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
@GMF: Assuming a 17 passes the check?


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 24/24 | Spell Slots 6/6 Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+3 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Yeesh I think I may have accidentally pasted an old version of that post from pre page maintenance, apologies for the typos... meant lover of Vanthus...


@Phineas: It does. I was just reminding you about your mounted combat feat.

@all: There was a mention of someone named Brissa that was going to introduce Vanthus to the pirates at Kraken cove in Vanthus' letters that you found in the guild hall. LINKY

You scout forward to get a better lay of the land. The passage forward opens up into a sandy-floored cavern that seems to be some sort of trophy hall.The centrepiece of the displays is an enormous reptilian skull, nearly six feet in length, mounted on a wooden display. Other trophies line the walls-name plates from ships, battered sea chests, mounted heads of sea monsters, and weathered figureheads, each doubtless carrying a sordid history of theft and betrayal. Other passages branch off it, but it is otherwise empty.

To you right, the passage twists and splits, making it impossible to see where it leads to.

To the left, is a cavern with the bodies of three strange creatures lying in a mangled heap in its centre. The bodies are torn apart and gnawed down to the bone. Two other creatures stalk the room. Almost feline is form, they have mangy spotted fur that has split to reveal open sores and writhing tentacles. The skin of their heads has been peeled back to reveal the bone and muscles beneath. Both wear spiked collars chained to the wall. Neither has noticed you so far.


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 24/24 | Spell Slots 6/6 Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+3 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

As they leave the misshapen creature behind Kellan mutters "Something is... changing the fauna on this island. Let's find Vanthus and be done with this place afore it turns on us too."

"More foulness! Bah!" Kellan whispers as he eyes their battle thirsty Dwarven companion as they approach the strange feline beasts, and readies his crossbow. "Perhaps we save this fight for later Bhru, explore first?" He waves to the north-west passage. Readied action for any aggression to get off an unimpeded shot.


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L3 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 19/19 | Saves: F0R8W2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status: OK

"Aye, let's leave 'em fer later..." Said Spinnaker Jon.
His eyes were more interested in the trophy hall anyway.
Cautiously he moved forward, his eyes drinking in the exotic features there.
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Beyond the enormous skull, other monstrous trophies include several shark jaws, a sahuagin's head, jars containing enormous fragments of tentacles, and a set of dragon turtle teeth.

Among the nameplates of ships are names like St. Asmod's Hope and Wavereaper. A barnacle encrusted mast of wood with letters badly eroded by a great deal of time spent below the waves reads "T .. .M...AUT." Near by hangs a heavily rusted ship's bell bearing the name Sea Ghast.

The only trophy of any real value is a leather-bound collection of nautical charts well over three hundred years old. These charts are remarkably accurate, even more so than most moderm ones. They would be a great boon to anyone plotting a course on the ocean (+4 circumstance bonus on Profession (sailor) checks made to plot a course), but might be of interest to a collector.

There are also three locked sea chests in the corner (DC30 to open. Safe to assume that opening them now isn't a priority, but I'll post the contents, since I'm sure your not leaving without it.

Chest lootz: 120 gp, 448 sp, 683 cp, three garnets worth 20 gp each , an emerald brooch worth 50 gp, and 5 pearls worth 100 gp apiece.

Several passages branch off of the trophy room, but you feel compelled to head to the northwest. As you pass along the passage, the sound of shouts, wet cries of anguish, and the clang of metal on metal can be heard. The cavern beyond has dozens of five-foot-wide iron cages built into its the walls.

Some are empty, while others contain the partially eaten remains of dead men and women. Yet most horrible are those cages that contain thrashing, wailing figures. Each of these seems more deformed than the last, twisting legs, writhing arms, vestigial heads, and jaws agape with too many teeth are all on display as the mad prisoners howl and slobber and throw them selves against the walls of their cages in a cacophonous attempt to break free. The exception to this is is a somewhat disheveled ratfolk, that's a bit wild about the eyes.

Enter Troy Gol.

Troy:
This cavern was a holding area where the Crimson Fleet pirates stored their prisoners for sorting, before shipping them off to Scarlet Brotherhood ports for sale as slaves. You've been in the cage for no more that a couple of days.

No more than an hour or two ago you witnessed a green mist come billowing into the chamber. It filled your vision and you felt an alien, ravenous presence in your mind that filled you with an all-consuming rage. It lasted but a moment, but when you came to your senses, some of your fellow prisoners had been turned into monsters that fell upon their unchanged cellmates. Since then there have been sounds of battle, and the screams of those unlucky enough to not die before the feasting began, echoing from other parts of the complex, though they have mercifully begun to fade.

For the sake of convenience, lets just say that there is a table laid out with various prisoners' personal effects, awaiting valuation. The only gear of note is Troy's starting equipment.


Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

Thanks GM!!

The Ratfolk in the cage appears almost frail.

He has black eyes and the white fur that grows on his body is thin and currently quite dirty. With his rat-shaped feet he moves to the back of his cell and the rapid movement of his short, thin tail as well as his facial expression shows that he’s nervous.

He wears clothing that is well made and a bit loose fitting for comfort.

He remains silent when you arrive but when he sees Kellan, he suddenly stands up in excitement.

“Oh I cannot believe it!! Kellan, Kellan!!! I’m here!!!“


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L3 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 19/19 | Saves: F0R8W2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status: OK

Startled, Spinnaker Jon spun around to cover the whatever was making a lot of noise with his hand crossbow.
"Ar Kellan! This one can talk! What's yer name lubber?" Said Jon, suspicious and looking around for ambushers.


Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

The ratfolk looks at Spinnaker Jon and smiles.

“I am Troy!!! Please let me out of here!! They might be back soon!! These monsters are dangerous!! We have to get out of here!!“ the exhausted ratfolk says with concern.


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +5 CMD: 13 | F+2, R+3, W+0 | Per +3 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

@GMF: Ahhh yes, thanks for the heads up on the Mounted Combat ride checks!

Phineas and Lloyd saddle up beside Jon.
“At long last a fellow of common stature and decency! Greetings, friend of Kellan Ved! I must ask that you shed light on your presently confined circumstance, so that we might free you of it."
Lloyd sniffs around for uncaged beasties:
Lloyd Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L3 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 19/19 | Saves: F0R8W2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status: OK

"All right, all right, I'll get ye out..." Grumbled Jon as he knelt down to examine the lock.
Assuming there is no key handy on a wall hook or something...
Jon unrolled his tools and got to work on the cage lock.
Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

Troy is totally happy that the group is working to free him.

He tries to answer the Halfling’s questions.

“ I’m sorry, but I don’t know your name, so Mr. Halfling, sir! I have no idea why they picked me, but I was poisoned or drugged or somehow hit by some thing, but I woke up here!“ he says shaking.

“You won’t believe it. This cavern is a holding area where the Crimson Fleet pirates store their prisoners for sorting, before shipping them off to Scarlet Brotherhood ports for sale as slaves!! Scarlet brotherhood!! I've been in the cage for a couple of days!!“ he says and is distracted because he’s looking at the lock and the progress to get our.


Female Touv Ranger (Divine Hunter of Wee Jas) 3 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/T13/FF13 | CMB: +5 CMD: 18 | F+4, R+6, W+3 | Perc +8 | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Ukufa approaches the caged rat-folk, eyeing him curiously as Spinnaker works to pick the lock;

"I know you... The Academy... Potions for our temple."

The Jasdian huntress sheathes her twin knives, brow still furrowed in scrutiny;

"What do we know of this Brotherhood? Why they want you?"

Would it be Know Local for intel of the SB GM?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

Suddenly, Troy’s eyes open wide!

”Ukufa!!! Oh this is some gathering here! Wee Jas be praised!! Ukufa, you won’t believe it!! No more than an hour or two ago I witnessed a green mist come billowing into the chamber. It filled my vision and I felt an alien, ravenous presence in my mind that filled me with an all-consuming rage. It lasted but a moment, but when I came to my senses, some of these other prisoners had been turned into monsters that fell upon their unchanged cellmates!! It was so horrible!! I was so scared!!! Did you notice anything when you came in here?!?“ he asks with some fear in his voice.


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 24/24 | Spell Slots 6/6 Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+3 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Damn, forgot to press send... and then a flurry of action!

"Troy?! How?! Never mind, Jon if ye can get him free this lads comin with us. Quite the spot huh? This green fog does not sound like something I'd like to see," he eyes his overtly dangerous comrades, "but tell us, have you seen a man by the name of Vanthus? For I'd risk this fog to find him..." Kellan gives a quick description.


Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

“Kellan thanks for everything!!!“ the ratfolk beams.

“Vanthus!? No. Don’t know him but let’s hope the mist does not return!! Since the first time it appeared, there have been sounds of battle, and the screams of those unlucky enough to not die before the feasting began, echoing from other parts of the complex, though they have mercifully begun to fade. What are you all doing here?!?“ he asks curiously.


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 24/24 | Spell Slots 6/6 Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+3 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

"Tis Vanthus that brought us. Our, errr, patron's loving brother has made off with their family's fortune and tried to kill us as well. A personal debt to be paid, and a professional obligation to collect him albeit in slightly worse shape than our Lady Vandoran would prefer no doubt." He winks without mirth over a hard grin.

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,111 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's Savage Tide Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.