GMF's Savage Tide

Game Master Fanguar

Part 2: The Bullywug Gambit.
In which our heroes continue their hunt for the murderous villain, Vanthus Vanderboran.

Vanderboran Manor


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,275 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

The rickety, old scaffolding sways and shudders under the sudden pounding of running feet. The unmoored ship crashes into the cliff face and lets up a great gout of flame. The walkway at the impact site gives out a tearing groan, before collapsing upon the flaming hulk with a crash. The remain walkway swaps like a palm in a hurricane, threatening to throw you into the sea below. DC15 Acrobatics check to remain on your feet.

If check failed:
Make a DC13 REF check to try to catch hold of something before you end up in the drink. If you fail the reflex check, you fall 30 feet into the sea below. Thankfully the water mitigates some of the fall and you only take 1d6 ⇒ 2 fall damage.

If you end up in the water, take a look at the SWIM RULES To see if you end up starting to drown.


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
With the collapse of the walkway, Spinnaker Jon desperately leapt to the rigging of the ship grabbed a loose rope (cuts it if needed) and uses acrobatic reposition to swing out to the beach (or other safe position).


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Ref: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Kellan is knocked off his feet but desperately scrabbles his way to a stable beam still clinging to the cliffs edge.


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 0/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 1

The rumble sends Bhru clanking down the cliff,

armor check doesnt go into negatives right? edit: i think it does.. but doesnt matter for above lmao..

Reflex: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1

Failing to grab hold of any purchase he lands with a massive splash..

2 dmg taken

Swim: 1d20 + 5 - 6 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 6 = 19

Remarkably, it seems his breast plate has captured an air pocket, allowing him to swim rather gracefully toward shore. (should probably just sink the bottom and walk to shore realistically :D )


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

Phineas and Lloyd scramble to traverse the collapsing walkway.
Phineas Acrobatics: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7
Lloyd Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Phineas Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Lloyd Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Losing their footing, they desperately grab hold of a stable beam.


Ukufa acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

The rest of the party watch in horror as the steel encased dwarf tumbles from the walkway, cartwheeling in air to land with a splash in the surf below.

Somehow, he manages to breach the surface once again. It's a long way from shore, but Jon has rope so...

The team quickly tosses a line to the floundering dwarf, and between them manage to pull the soggy fighter from the drink.

You take a moment to catch your breath, before making your way to the end of what remains of the walkway. It descends slowly down to a fifty-foot-wide beach that separates the burning waters of Kraken's Cove from the cliffs to the north. A ten-foot-wide cave opens at the base of the cliff to the northwest, while to the northeast several planks provide a crude bridge across a tide pool to a second, smaller cave entrance.

Swaths of blood and ragged body parts are strewn everywhere, testifying to a terrible and recent battle upon the sands here. Broken crates and bamboo cages litter the area, with blood and bits of bone sprayed across bolts of silk, and cracked barrels of ambergris seeping into the coarse, rocky sand. A number of mangled corpses, each stripped nearly clean of flesh, and bones cracked open, lie scattered along the beach. The casualties are staggering, with a quick count putting the dead at nearly twenty.


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Jon stepped warily forward, hand crossbow out and sweeping back and forth along with his eyes for threats.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
"Besmara's t**@! What in the name of the Pirate King happened here?" He exclaimed.
He carefully went over the scene as best he could, searching for wallets, papers, watches, anything with identifying inscriptions.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

"Lets not give Vanthus any designs on a crown eh Jon... Are there really this many macabre menageries in Sasserine to support continual transport of such deadly beasts?" Kellan says eyeing the cages and eaten(?) bodies. He remains wary of their previous run ins with broken cages and examines one as he continues. Any cages big enough for that thing we've fought twice now?

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

"A score dead and we number but five, some advance scouting, of a stealthy nature seems back in order." The obvious avoidance of any eye contact with the group is far more telling than any of his winks.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 0/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

Bhru waits while Kellan moves forward quietly.

Will just hold position for now..


Female Touv Ranger (Divine Hunter of Wee Jas) 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 17/T14/FF13 | CMB: +5 CMD: 20 | F+5, R+8, W+3 | Perc +8 | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Ukufa moves toward one of the mangled corpses, attempting to discern what or perhaps whom make feasts of their remains...

Survival?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 27 if this atrocity was committed by humans...


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

Phineas takes in the grisly scene, seeing more horror than glory. After a moment, it occurs to him to check on their Scribe hireling:
“By the bleedi—
Master Scribeman! How fares thee in these trying, troublesome times?”

@GMF: Assuming our scribe buddy probably didn’t survive the fall? I’m guessing any hireling is probably going to have a tough time with this one, haha.

“And might your senses shed any light on this abhorrence, Lloyd?”
Lloyd perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


@Phineas: he's your minion. You can roll for him when needed. They would just be a level 1-2 expert NPC class.

The beach is a chaotic mess, but the remains look like they were torn apart by wild beasts. It is impossible to determine the flow of the battle, but you can tell that whatever the cause, the fighting erupted seemingly everywhere at once.

While poking about, you catching sight of something approaching through the smoke. It may have once been a man, but now its grey skin, strangely flopping arms and legs, and vacant-eyed vestigial head hanging from its neck, make the creature anything but. Yet perhaps worst of all is the creature's mouth, a cavernous wound in its twisted face filled with a twisting landscape of teeth, a mouth designed for one thing only-the tearing of flesh from the bone. In your horror, you see that is is not alone, as another of the creatures lumbers in the first's wake.

Initiative:

Ukufa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Kellan Ved: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Spinnaker Jon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Bhru Angraddson: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Phineas Flaunce: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Baddies: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Combat
20 Phineas
17 Baddies
12 Jon
12 Kellan
10 Bhru
8 Ukufa

Map updated. Each square is 10ft, so try to do your best with distances. Phineas is up.


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

@GMF: Thanks, Fang—sorry for missing that first roll with the scribe! Is it better if I retcon the roll over in the discussion side?

Phineas shudders at the sight of the approaching creatures. He and Lloyd move ahead only slightly, priming themselves for a charge. Phineas draws his lance and shouts to the foul things:
“Have you noble fellows an interest in diplomacy? Before things get messy, that is.”


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

@GMF: Sorry to bug again Fang—I assumed I was mounted with my latest post but didn’t clarify anything earlier. Needless to say, I'd like to be mounted if possible? Many thanks!


@Phineas: I'll always assume you'll be mounted unless you tell me otherwise.

The creature in the lead charges with unnatural speed, closing the distance to strike a Bhru, while the other speeds along in its wake.

Charge! vs Bhru: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12

The creature's gore-slimed sword is deflected harmlessly aside by the dwarf's sturdy armour.

Map update. Everyone is up. I'll bot Ukufa last, if needed.


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Spinnaker Jon shifts to a Total Defense stance (AC now 23), and swings wide around the oncoming creatures, drawing rapier and maine-gauche as he does, to end up behind the last monster.
Probably a double move, so pass.


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Kellan takes a couple steps forward North East x20ft, phone is really sketchy with this map, sry and thanks GMF before drawing and shooting at the trailing attacker.

Thwip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 0/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

Returning the favor Bhru slams into the putrid thingy,

Bullrush: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
4dmg for connect

then drives in his shiny new armor spikes,

Spikes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Bhru continues his momentum,

Overrun: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

@GMF: Thanks for the clarification!

Phineas and Lloyd charge Bhru’s attacker.

Lancey Charge!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Lancey Critical?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Lloyd Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

crit charge dmg: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 3, 2) + 9 = 19


Bhru gives the vicious creature a shove back, sending it reeling, but little else. This does allow a clean line for a charge from Phineas, who runs the creature through. It collapses in a heap, the sand drinking deeply of its life's blood.

In the gap that opens, Ukufa darts in to flank with Jon,

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 18 Damage?: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

landing a wicked blow, but the creature's flesh resists the blade..

The creature responds in kind with its blade:

Attack vs Ukufa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

and a lunge with its toothy maw:

Bite: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10, but Ukufa manages to dodge aside.

Map updated. Everyone is up.


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Jon shifted out of Total Defense, and lunged at the flanked creature.
mwk cup-hilt rapier flank attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17 for a possible 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 piercing damage plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 precision damage.


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Kellan draws his morningstar dropping Crossbow, Haunted reminder GMF, not sure where it lands... and wades in on the remaining creature.

B & P Dmg: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Dmg: 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 So 1, I guess?


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

Phineas and Lloyd turn their attention to the remaining creature:
Phineas Lance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Lloyd Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

lance dmg?: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 0/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

Bhru. having missed pathetically tries to get some purchase in the sand and charge,

Bullrush: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
4dmg

Spikes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
?dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

And tries to bully the baddie.

Overrun: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
if hits can choose to side step or cmd. fail = prone


Jon's lunge takes out the remaining monstrosity, but not as easily as he would have liked, as the creature's flesh proves more resilient than normal.

They have DR/magic, so if anyone one has a magic weapon let me know.

The the two creatures dispatched, relative quiet descends back on the wreckage strewn beach. 10 minutes per search, or three hours for a take 20, so maybe best to search on the way out.

Know(local)DC12:
Both of the corpses have red bandana's embroidered with a horned skull and crossbones, which is the flag of the Crimson Fleet, a successful, if somewhat secretive band of pirates and smugglers.

From the beach, two approaches lead to the cave complex, one directly to the north and a smaller opening to the northwest, across a bridge that crosses a tide pool.

Which way?


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Know:Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Jon knelt down and frisked the creature he helped take down.
He paused and hissed through his teethe.
"Aye, lookee here." He said, pulling at a red bandana embroidered with a horned skull and crossbones. "This here is th' flag o' the Crimson Fleet. They ain't nought ta sneeze at, and could be trouble down the line. Best we look inta th' caves quick as we can." He said, musing aloud.
Looking around, he pointed at the smaller opening to the NW, across the bridge over a tide pool.
"Lets go 'round the back way lads an' lassies; th' big cave be too easy methinks."


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 0/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

Bhru brushes off some sand from his armor, a futile effort.

'Round the back it is...'

happy to take jons suggestion and go the backways


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Kellan collects his crossbow. "Aye, the back way works.


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

Phineas spurs Lloyd onward.
“To the back and to glory!”


Female Touv Ranger (Divine Hunter of Wee Jas) 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 17/T14/FF13 | CMB: +5 CMD: 20 | F+5, R+8, W+3 | Perc +8 | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

@GMF: Ukufa has a +1 Dagger.

@All: Appreciate the patience. Fingers cross it'll be less busy for the remainder of this month!

Ukufa nods at the savvy strategy and moves with the others, daggers drawn and ready...


Onwards to glory!

Leaving the horrors of the beach, you move towards the smaller cave entrance. Two wide wooden planks serve as a bridge across the deep pool of rushing water that separates it from the beach head. As you near it, a small hermit crab scuttles out of the pool, waving its diminutive claws threateningly and attempts to savage your boots.

Know(Nature) or Survival DC15:
Noticing the odd patterns of currents in the pool, you deduce that given its patterns of ebb and flow, some type of underwater passageway likely exists below the surface.


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Spinnaker Jon will just dodge around it, moving as quietly as he could across the bridge and up to the small cave entrance.
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 +2 if it's been an less than an hour since we moved down from the bluff.

Kellan too steps around the fierce crustacean and moves to follow Jon.


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 0/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

Bhru challenges the hermit crab with the point of his boot, brushing it aside before moving along. He tests the weight of the boards before attempting to cross.

following suit...
sneakydwarf: 1d20 ⇒ 10


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

Phineas and Lloyd pause at the makeshift bridge before creeping along the planks.
Lloyd Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Phineas Stealth: 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 5 = 10
Lloyd Stealth: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 = 10


Female Touv Ranger (Divine Hunter of Wee Jas) 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 17/T14/FF13 | CMB: +5 CMD: 20 | F+5, R+8, W+3 | Perc +8 | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Survival DC15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Ukufa too moves quietly past the pool, pausing momentarily as if something more than the dimutive aggressors has caught her eye...

Flicking one away with her knife-tip she knees to scrutinise the water.

"Hold. Look here."

The Jasdian continues to stare at the water, but calls her companions over as she explains in her flat tone;

"Observe the currents in the pool. How they ebb and flow."

"The depths hide a passageway."


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Surprised, Jon turned back and took another look.
"Aye... aye lassie, I see it too!" He said, a smile creeping across his face. "Let's see where it goes!"
Stuffing his hat into his belt, he eased himself down into the tidal pool to look for an opening.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


@Bhru; don't forget that fullplate has -6 armour check penalty.

Poking about in the pool, Jon quickly finds an underwater passageway that leads off in the same direction as the cave entrances. The entrance is easily large enough to accomodate a swimmer, but the surging of the water would make it a touch tricky to navigate. (DC15 swim check, but a rope could be strung to help subsequence swimmers.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Jon surfaced again and told his companions what he found.
"Aye me lads and lassies, we've struck the motherlode of secret entrances! There's some tricky surge fer lubbers ta navigate; so lemme rig a line fer ye ta hold on ta first." He said.
Being a Water Rat, he will quickly grab his coil of rope from his pack and anchor one point to a handy timber or rock formation, then swim on down through the entranceway, timing his swimming thrusts with the surge of the water and paying the rope out, and once on the other end, anchor it there as well for those following.
Swim check: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 = 32
Profession:Sailor (rope use): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Female Touv Ranger (Divine Hunter of Wee Jas) 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 17/T14/FF13 | CMB: +5 CMD: 20 | F+5, R+8, W+3 | Perc +8 | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Ukufa follows Jon, easily navigating the underwater passage with a strong rope and stronger stoke...

Swim: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

"Lubbers, heh... Aye that I am." Kellan makes to follow once the rope has been secured. NOT sure if a swim check is stoll needed thanks for the rope!

Swim: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 0/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

Grumbling Bhru also follows along. Ensuring a firm grip on the rope the dwarf submerges,

Swim: 1d20 + 5 - 6 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 6 = 15

@gmf, not sure how much swimming we do in the campaign, always feels silly swimming in plate... do you use any house rules for encumberance or just go with it. drowning would suck, but its a reality.


Female Touv Ranger (Divine Hunter of Wee Jas) 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 17/T14/FF13 | CMB: +5 CMD: 20 | F+5, R+8, W+3 | Perc +8 | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.
Bhru Angraddson wrote:

Grumbling Bhru also follows along. Ensuring a firm grip on the rope the dwarf submerges,

[dice=Swim]1d20+5-6

@gmf, not sure how much swimming we do in the campaign, always feels silly swimming in plate... do you use any house rules for encumberance or just go with it. drowning would suck, but its a reality.

Float like an anvil, sting like a hammer! :)


@Bhru: There's a whole adventure on a ship... That being said, most of the swimming is optional, or the result of falling into water. I don't have any house rules for swimming, so we will just go with it, however unrealistic it it. Investing in a potion of water breathing early on in case of emergencies couldn't hurt though.

Phineas is going to need a handle animal check to convince his mount to go diving.

Jon easily makes the passage and pops into a cavern pool thick with seaweed and roiling with the surge of the sea. Several narrow fissures in the ceiling seem to lead up and out through the cliff face to the south, allowing light to filter in, and a brisk breeze to whip through the chamber. To the north, a passage leads out of the cavern.

Hunkered over a large pile of raw fish, sea anemones and other aquatic critters, is a malformed monster, with a twisted jaw full of shark's teeth, a hunched back, and wide splayed hands, writhing with additional hook-tipped fingers. The creature eats messily, muttering to itself. In the noise of the wind and surf, you remain unnoticed for the moment.

Feel free to retcon your actions if you so wish.


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Spinnaker Jon puts a finger up to his lips to signal quiet as the others come through the tunnel and points to the direction of the monster.
Is there a map? I'm wondering how to flank this critter.


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

Apologies for my delay, folks!
Phineas and Lloyd try and muster the resolve to follow suit and go for another swim:
Handle Animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Swim, Phineas!: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10
Swim, Lloyd!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


@Jon/all: Map updated. Setting up a flank from the get go would be hard. Even sneaking up is going to be difficult, given things like swim speeds.

@Phineas: Lloyd dutifully takes the to water, and sinks like a stone, beginning to drown.


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Spinnaker Jon quietly submerged. Holding his breath underwater, he swam along the cavern's edge around to the right, trying to get into a position he'd be able to flank attack the creature. Might take more than one round.

Swim: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Kellan is a bit unnerved swimming with a rope, this is too much so he simply draws his crossbow and tries to remain unnoticed.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

“Damnit, Lloyd—remember your training.”
Swim, Lloyd: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
@GMF: Is the 14 is good enough to get Lloyd afloat? And would I have to wait until next round to get him with us on land? Thanks!
Stealth, Phineas: 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 5 = 17

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,275 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's Savage Tide Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.