GMF's Savage Tide

Game Master Fanguar

Part 2: The Bullywug Gambit.
In which our heroes continue their hunt for the murderous villain, Vanthus Vanderboran.

Vanderboran Manor


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,275 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

@Ukufa/all: Yes. You can give a know(local or history) for more info on the scarlet brotherhood.


Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

kn local : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Know Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Female Touv Ranger (Divine Hunter of Wee Jas) 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 17/T14/FF13 | CMB: +5 CMD: 20 | F+5, R+8, W+3 | Perc +8 | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Ukufa holds weighing Troy's urgent words, but nothing about the Scarlet Brotherhood comes to her mind.

"You are safe now... For now."

She draws her daggers once again with a frown;

"Abominations haunt this place."


Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

Troy nods.

”Absolutely, so ehhh … you still have plans here?! Seems like you’re not so scared and want to achieve something here?! So the least I can do is help you!! I … I owe you my life!!“ he says with honesty in his voice.


Scarlet BrotherHood:

The Scarlet Brotherhood is a human society of fighting monks, rogues, and assassins dedicated to rebuilding the Ancient Suel Empire on the backs of their racial and cultural inferiors. The Brotherhood traces its history more than a thousand years, when the great human Suloise Empire stood at the zenith of five millennia of cultural accomplishment. The society survived the empire’s conflagration in the devastating Rain of Colorless Fire, migrating east across the continent and settling in the forbidding Tilvanot Peninsula. Since the disaster that destroyed the empire, the Brotherhood has schemed in secret to preserve the culture and way of life of the Suel Imperium. More recently, the Brotherhood struck from the shadows to conquer several maritime nations, including the Sea Princes who once held Sasserine. As a result Brotherhood agents are tolerated (barely) in the city, where they focus on issues of trade and exploration and claim interest in working with, rather than against, the citizens.

Where to next? There's another exit from the cage room to the south, or there are the other passages that were branching off of the trophy room that you were just in.


Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

When the door of his cell is eventually opened by Spinnaker Jon, Troy looks super happy.

“Thanks so much Spinnaker Jon!!“ he says and immediately starts to get out and he looks at the table to gather all this equipment.

He starts to put on his items and eventually grins at you.

“Oh you cannot believe what I’m feeling right now!!“ he says as he starts to collect his reagents and then suddenly starts sweating a little bit.


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

"Hold that feeling while ye can Troy, 'm not sure we'll match that sensation again today. From which direction did the fog come? Perhaps we save that direction to explore last..."


Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

Troy points at the direction it came from.

;-) I hope I am not overstepping GM. Does he know the direction?


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Spinnaker Jon grinned at Troy.
"Nothin' but a pleasure laddie! I don't like cages meself."
Putting his tools away, he looked back.
"Let's take a look up the NE way." He said, pointing.


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

Phineas and Lloyd ready themselves to push onward with the group.
“Once more into the fray then, friends?”


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Jon eased forward, quietly as he could...
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

Troy joins Jon and is right behind him.

Please move Troy as you see fit.

stealth : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
perception : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Sorry for the delay. I totally thought I had posted, but it was just sitting in an open tab.

@Troy: It came from the south.

Jon and Troy take point and enter into the twisting jumble of passageways. A few spluttering torches dimly illuminates the maze-like corridors, casting up menacing shadows.

From around a nearby corner, the light casts up a shadow of a lumbering figure, weapon dragging beside it. You are not alone in here. Though the creature has yet to notice your presence, it appears to be heading your way.

Map updated. What do you want to do?


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Spinnaker Jon started stealthily circling around the creature through the maze like jumble of boulders.
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Keeping it consistent on the stealth eh Jon!

Kellan will hang slightly back from the advance team but follow suit in attempting to maintain a stealthy position off to the south side of the cavern. Hoping to have line of sight if the figure would advance to the west just around the boulder.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Not sure if my Cloak of Darkness one hour bonus from the cliffside applies, seems unlikely but +2 if it's still up

I'll ready an action for a crossbow shot before anyone engages the creature if it moves as anticipated? Is this legit? If not, I'll do it if it comes into LoS...

Readied Shot:

Thwip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Dmg?: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Female Touv Ranger (Divine Hunter of Wee Jas) 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 17/T14/FF13 | CMB: +5 CMD: 20 | F+5, R+8, W+3 | Perc +8 | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Ukufa draws both blades and also advances stealthily on the bulky figure...

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 If we're classed as "underground" terrain then add a +2 for favoured :)


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

Phineas and Lloyd advance cautiously, readying themselves for another fight.
Phineas Stealth: 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 5 = 14
Lloyd Stealth: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 1 = 20


@Kellan: Well rolling a 1 kind of negates the need for bonuses, but readying an action is fine.

The party tries to sneak up on the creature, but unfortunately Kellan trips on a protruding stone spur, letting out an involuntary curse. The creature's head snaps up and it lets out a howl, full of range and hunger. A pair more cries rise up out of the darkness, joining in a murderous chorus.

Initiative:

Ukufa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Kellan Ved: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Spinnaker Jon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Bhru Angraddson: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Phineas Flaunce: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Troy Gol: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Baddies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Combat
19 Phineas
15 Bhru
11+ Troy
11- Baddies
10 Jon
7 Ukufa
4 Kellan

Phineas, Bhru and Troy are all up.


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

Phineas and Lloyd sidestep and pivot, readying a charge for the two southern baddies.
“We’ll mind these two for time being, but I don’t suppose anyone has a clever plan for the rapidly-approaching, err, choir?"


Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

Troy moves forward and when he sees the scary creature he immediately applies poison to his arrow and shoots his arrow!

Swift action: Toxic Secretion (see spoiler below) 1/8 available used, if the arrow hits then in the first round the target must make a DC 16 Fort save or 4 damage plus additionally be sickened. If it fails its save it must make another DC 16 fort save or take 4 damage plus additionally be sickened for a second round.

Small Longbow, MW +1, BAB +2, Dex +4, Size +1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Crit?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Small Longbow damage plus DC 16 fort save (see ooc above) : 1d6 ⇒ 2

Spoiler:
Toxic Secretion (Ex)]At 1st level, a toxicant has learned to mimic creatures with the ability to secrete harmful toxins through the skin. Once per day, in a process that takes 10 minutes, the toxicant can create and imbibe a tincture that causes her skin to secrete a mild toxin. The toxicant is immune to this secretion, but any creature that hits her with a natural attack or unarmed strike must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC = 10 + 1/2 the toxicant’s alchemist level + the toxicant’s Intelligence modifier). On a failed save, the target takes an amount of damage equal to the toxicant’s Intelligence modifier. At 4th level, a target that fails its save must succeed at a second save 1 round later or take the same amount of damage again. This effect repeats as long as the target continues to fail its saving throws, to a maximum number of rounds equal to 1 + 1 for every 4 alchemist levels the toxicant possesses (to a maximum of 6 rounds at 20th level). This is a poison effect (Ultimate Magic 138). The toxicant can suppress this secretion as a standard action, in which case it remains suppressed for 1 hour or until the toxicant reactivates it as a standard action.

At 3rd level and every 3 levels thereafter, the toxicant can choose a condition to have her toxin impose. Once this choice is made, it can’t be changed. A creature that fails its save against the toxic secretion also gains these conditions until it succeeds at a save against the secretion, or until the toxin’s duration ends. At higher alchemist levels, the toxicant gains access to stronger conditions; some replace lower-level conditions, which must be selected first. The following conditions are available at the given alchemist levels: 3rd—bleed (1d6), dazzled, fatigued, or sickened; 6th—dazed or shaken; 9th—blinded (replaces dazzled) or staggered (replaces dazed); 12th—exhausted (replaces fatigued); 18th—stunned (replaces exhausted and staggered).

As a swift action, the toxicant can collect and concentrate this secretion into a poison she can deliver as a touch attack or apply to a weapon. Targets of such attacks must attempt saving throws as if they had touched the toxicant’s toxic secretion. The toxicant can do this a number of times per day equal to her alchemist level + her Intelligence modifier.

This ability replaces mutagen.


@Phineas: The other shrieks came from the twisting passageways to the east.

@Troy:You're not 4th level, so just one round right?

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Bhru moves forward to serve as a meat shield and the creature moves to strike at him:

attack vs Bhru: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Misfortune: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Two more creatures hustle closer.

Map updated. Everyone is up.

Dm Stuff:

Damage:6


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Spinnaker Jon snuck around through the tumble of boulders until he could flank attack the creature attacking Bhru.
mwk cup-hilt rapier flank attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (5) = 11 piercing and precision damage.

"GOT ye lubber!"


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Not sure if the action above triggers?

Kellan moves past the entrance and let's fly!

New roll if needed...
Thwip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Tchunk?: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

Troy moves down the tunnel and readies to shoot at the next hostile creature appearing and he already now applies poison to his arrow!

Swift action: Toxic Secretion (see spoiler below) 2/8 available used, if the arrow hits then in the first round the target must make a DC 16 Fort save or 4 damage plus additionally be sickened for .

Small Longbow, MW +1, BAB +2, Dex +4, Size +1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Small Longbow damage plus DC 16 fort save or 4 damage on top and sickened for 1 round: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 0/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

Hi guys, sorry for the absence.. guess i just needed a mental break!

Bhru lets the head of his warhammer graze the ground before bringing it up in an arching smash,

Warhammer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Dmg?: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

'Come ye beasts, feel the might of Angrad!'


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

@GMF: Ahhh roger that, thanks for the clarification! Is there a clear enough path for me to sneak in beside Bhru and start swinging? If so:
Phineas and Lloyd ride up beside Bhru and join in the mayhem:
Phineas Lance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Lloyd Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

lance dmg?: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
bite dmg?: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Jon and Kellan pierce the creature's flesh, imposing wounds that should have felled the warped creature, yet somehow it fights on. (Apparently, the creature template adds a bunch of stuff, including ferocity, so I've been running them incorrectly up to now. My bad. Anyways, new abilities incoming.)

Bhru lashes out, battering at the creature, and Ukufa slides up to join the fray.

Flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 29 Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

and her blow drops the creature. In its death throes, it lashes out with a bite, Bite vs Ukufa: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 2 = 16 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 and then horrifically begins to dissolve in a sputtering eruption of acidic goo, leaving behind only a its bones and equipment. All PCs within 5 feet of the baddie need to make a DC15 REF save or take 1d6 ⇒ 1 acid damage. Ukufa REF save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

The two other abomination trundle into the party, one lashing out at Jon, and triggering attacks from Troy and Phineas. Troy's blow lands, but halfling and hound fail to connect.

Attack vs Jon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Map updated. Everyone is up.

Dm Stuff:

Damage:4


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Round 2

Turning from beating the first creature, Spinnaker Jon is just able to parry the attack of the second one as it came up.

"Oi! A little help here!" He shouted.

He feinted low...

Bluff (Feint): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 vs enemy Sense Motive or CMD, to make next attack vs. Flat Footed AC.

mwk cup-hilt rapier feint attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (4) = 11 piercing and precision damage.


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

"Aye Jon, coming!" Kellan moves up as he reloads.

Hoping for line of sight to next guy engaging Jon, craptop is on fritz, if someone wouldn't mind moving me my 20ft.


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Can't move Kellan 20 ft to Jon, there's an enemy in the way.
You can shoot that guy from where you are, or I can start you moving SE to the long way around to meet up with Jon with multiple doublemove rounds.


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

Phineas and Lloyd reel back from the dissolving mess—
Phineas Ref save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Lloyd Ref save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

—before lashing out at the newly arrived beastie, hoping to expedite a path to Jon:
Phineas Lance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Lloyd Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

bite dmg?: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 0/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

Ref Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

1 acid dmg taken

Bhru swings again, his first connection giving him confidence.

Warhamma: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
dmg?: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Ohhhhhh, I thought we'd killed that guy... Never mind then I'll just chill, give Jon some false hope, reload and shoot if that's OK Fang roll below if that works...

Thwip?:

Thwip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Tchunk: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

Troy moves up the tunnel and shoots at the next hostile creature in red armor and he applies poison to his arrow!

Swift action: Toxic Secretion (see spoiler below) 3/8 available used, if the arrow hits then in the first round the target must make a DC 16 Fort save or 4 damage plus additionally be sickened for 1 round.

Small Longbow, MW +1, BAB +2, Dex +4, Size +1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Small Longbow damage plus DC 16 fort save or 4 damage on top and sickened for 1 round: 1d6 ⇒ 1


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Kellan:Yup, that's fine.

Ukufa TWF: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 25 Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9
Ukufa TWF: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 11

Jon lands a solid blow and Ukufa, a wicked slice, but everyone else fails to connect.

Attack vs Jon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Misfortune: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Bite vs Jon: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Attack vs Bhru: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Bite vs Bhru: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5

The creatures retaliate, but thanks to Kellan's manipulation of the winds of fate, everyone remains unscathed.

Party is up. Bhru, remember your slayer abilities.

Ukufa lashes out again:
Ukufa TWF: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 19 Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
Ukufa TWF: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 20 Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Dm Stuff:

Damage:Top:6
Bottom: 21


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Round 3

"Look alive boyo! Yer shoelaces are untied!" Taunted Spinnaker Jon as he feinted low...

Bluff (Feint): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 vs enemy Sense Motive or CMD, to make next attack vs. Flat Footed AC.

mwk cup-hilt rapier feint attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (6) = 10 piercing and precision damage.
No precision damage if no feint success.


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

"Hold tight Jon just gotta bring ours down!"

Still sitting tight, move/reload and plug away.

Thwip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Dmg?: 1d8 ⇒ 1

I think my d8s are semi cursed...


Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

Troy shoots his arrow again but uses no poison this time!

Small Longbow, MW +1, BAB +2, Dex +4, Size +1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Small Longbow damage : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

“Make way, putrid beastie!”
Phineas and Lloyd swing again:
Phineas Lance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Lloyd Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

lance dmg?: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
bite dmg?: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


The party attacks either fail to hit, or to deal serious damage.

Bhru looks for a weakness. Studied target and attacks.

Warhammer: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 26 damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11

Bhru crushes the southern monster skull and it lashes out with one last bite in its death throes. bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Missing before bursting into a sputtering pile of acidic goo. Acid: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Phineas, Ukufa and Bhru take acid damage. DC15 REF save to avoid.

The remaining creature continues to attack Jon:

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Bite: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14, but he nimbly evades the attacks.

The party is up.

Dm Stuff:

Damage:Top:6


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Round 4

Spinnaker Jon kept fighting, lashing out low deceptively to hack overhand.

Bluff (Feint): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 vs enemy Sense Motive or CMD, to make next attack vs. Flat Footed AC.

mwk cup-hilt rapier feint attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (4) = 10 piercing and precision damage.
No precision damage if no feint success.


Male N Ratfolk | Alchemist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | CMD 12| F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc +8 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog) | Active conditions:

Troy shoots another arrow but uses no poison this time!

Small Longbow, MW +1, BAB +2, Dex +4, Size +1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Small Longbow damage : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 0/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

Ref: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
5dmg taken

Bhru tries to avoid the splash but the acid gets the better of him, splattering his face with some nasty burns. He moves up to teh next baddy and tests his might,

Assuming same target type for studied target?

Warhammer: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10
Dmg: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

GmF was the other +2 you added when you rolled for me flanking bonus?


M Halfling Outrider Cavalier 4| HP: 35/35 (Phineas) HP: (Lloyd) 13/13 | AC: 19/T13/FF17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 13 | F+3, R+3, W+0 | Per +4 | Init +2 | Move: 15ft

Phineas and Lloyd try and sidestep the spray,
Phineas Ref save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Lloyd Ref save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Lloyd takes 5
then ride up to the next baddie and swing:
Phineas Lance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Lloyd Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

lance dmg?: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
bite dmg?: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

Shit sry, cousin was in town for a few days there sleeping in my bed and forcing me to drink my own beer!

"We're really coming Jon! Just gotta reload!"

Move up for a shot and reload, out of splash range hopefully.


The creature doesn't fall for Jon trickery, but the blow still lands.

@Bhru: You killed the studied target enemy. It's a move action at this level, so you'll have to reapply it to the new target next turn.

Bhru lands a solid hit and Lloyd and Troy connect as well, but the creature's preternatural flesh resists traditional weapons.

Ukufa steps up to join the fray:

Ukufa: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13 , but misses.

The creature lashes out at the dwarf:

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Bite: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17, but Bhru's sturdy armour withstands its strikes.

Everyone is up.

Dm Stuff:

Damage:Top:9


Male Dwarf Siegebreaker 2 / Slayer 1| HP: 0/33 | AC: 20/T10/FF16 | CMB: +7 CMD: 16 | F+6, R+2, W+0 | Perc -1 | Init +0 | Move: 20ft. |

Apply studied target

Bhru swings again, the beast testing his patience with its resilience.

Warhammer: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 = 9
Dmg?: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The frustrated dwarf curses under his beard..

'You lil beasty, ye wont have the best of me...


Male Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed Shadow, TN) | AC 17 (T 12, FF 15) | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 1st 8/8, 2nd 4/4 | Brands 5/5| F+4 R+4 W+4 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | 20ft Move

I think k I was moved into LOC otherwise I'm reloaded so I'll adjust and shoot, otherwise shoot and reload plz...

"Haaaha! Jon, cavalry arrives!"

Thwip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
dmg?: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Male Human Bard/Rogue (Seasinger/Pirate) L4 | AC 19(T14FF15) | HP 29/29 | Saves: F2R8W3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4 | Bard Perf: 7/7 | Status:

Round 5

"Welcome to the party lubbers!" Jon shouted cheerily.
Spinnaker Jon lashed out at the creature's face, only to deceptively thrust below the belt.

Bluff (Feint): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 vs enemy Sense Motive or CMD, to make next attack vs. Flat Footed AC.

mwk cup-hilt rapier feint attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (1) = 8 piercing and precision damage.
No precision damage if no feint success.

1 to 50 of 1,275 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's Savage Tide Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.