Dungeon Master S's "The Extinction Curse"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS |GAZETTEER |HANDOUTS |CAMPAIGN RECORDS |NPCs | Circus Acts | CIRCUS OF WAYWARD WONDERS | Running the Show |The Story Thus Far

Default Exploration Mode:

Charlie is Scouting
[dice=Hostiles]d20[/dice]
[dice=Charlie]d20+9+1[/dice] (Scout)
[dice=Chark]d20+13+1[/dice] (Search)
[dice=Dendillion]d20+9+1[/dice] (Detect Magic)
[dice=Haldan]d20+8+1[/dice] (Seek, Keen Eyes)
[dice=Tiny]d20+12+1[/dice] (Search)

*If you do not make a specific post (with referenced skill and modifier) this will be the assumed action and initiative roll.

Perception:

[dice=Chark]d20+13[/dice] (T, LLV)
[dice=Charlie]d20+9[/dice] (T)
[dice=Dendillion]d20+10[/dice] (E)
[dice=Tiny]d20+9[/dice] (T)
[dice=Haldan]d20+8[/dice] (T)

Door Protocol:

The party stops 5ft away from the door. Dendillion moves to the front of the party and checks the door for traps.
[dice=Perception (Expert) to Seek]1d20+8[/dice]
If he finds a trap, he attempts to disarm the trap, warning everyone to move 10ft back.
[dice=Thievery (Trained) to Disable a Device]1d20+8[/dice]
Repeat this if multiple checks are required
Once he's satisfied that the door is safe he checks to see if it's locked. If it is, he puts tools to work to pick the lock (assuming we don't have a key that fits)
[dice=Thievery (Trained) to Pick a Lock]1d20+8[/dice]
Repeat this if multiple checks are required, or until he breaks his picks (will use a Hero point on a crit fail though)
With the door ready to open, Dendillion moves back and lets Tiny open the door.


351 to 400 of 3,546 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

CG Male Poppet Familiar (HP 25/25), AC 20, Perception +9, Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +10 Speed 25| Active conditions —

"Are spiders vermin... what kind of battle cry is that..."

Hermann walks away from battle.

"You guys fight a lot. I'm startin' to think we're part of the problem."


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Dendillion's composition resonates in the party. The two spiders dive with their fangs over and over again:
Black v. Charlie: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Black v. Charlie: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Black v. Charlie: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
But it fails to get through his armor!

Red v. Goliath: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 for DMG: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Red v. Goliath: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 MISS
Red v. Goliath: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 MISS
Goliath needs to make a FORT DC 16 or take Poison: 1d10 ⇒ 1 and be flat-footed for 1 round.

Round 1:
Dendillion: Bard
Spiders: ATK
Chark: Go
Tiny: Go
Charlie: Go
Haldan: Go


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

Tiny hustles up to the fence and reaches over and tries to back hand smash with his bracers on the red spider.

unarmed: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18
bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

flurry: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 - 5 = 23
bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

stride,stride, flurry


Female NG Human Aiuvarin (half-elf) Clc7 | HP: 71/71 | AC: 21 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +15 | Perc: +15 [E] (low-light vision) +2 on Initiative rolls| Speed 25 | Default exploration: Search | Conditions: . | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Points: 1/2

Hearing the hue and cry from the otehr side, Chark hastens over to see the spiders, and to witness Goliath get bit. Poor fellow, he's taken the worst of it today...

She tries to get a bead on the arachnids.
Nature (U): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Stride x2, untrained Nature check.


CG Halfling (Gutsy) Wizard (Necromancer) / Sorcerer (Elemental) 7 | Exploration: Search
Stats:
AC 22 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+14), Will (+12) | Perception (+10, +2 Circumstance to Initiative) | Speed 25
♥️ 76/76 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ empty | ⚕ none | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (7), 1st (4/4), 2nd (4/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (3/3) | Sorcerer Spells (Primal, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (2), 1st (1/1), 2nd (1/1)

Move and cast Shocking Grasp.

Recall Nature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Shocking Grasp: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 252d12 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 1 = 6


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Chark comes in close, and aside from these being spiders, doesn't have any insight.

Tiny's quick thinking pays off. He strikes the spider twice, nearly killing it on the opening flurry. When Haldan comes in and shocks the spider it quickly flips over and all its legs pull tight.

Round 1:
Dendillion: Bard
Spiders: ATK
Chark: Move
Tiny: Hits
Charlie: Go
Haldan: Kill


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

Looks like that bite into Goliath was a crit.

Charlie pushes the spider off as it leaps from the webs. "AAARGH!" Charlie draws his dagger from its sheath and stabs at the spider as Goliath swipes a paw at it to knock it away.

Goliath Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Goliath is poisoned

Dagger; Inspire: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

... ◆⃟ Charlie Command
... ◆⃟ Golaith Step
... ◆⃟ Goliath Attack
... ◆⃟ Charlie Draw dagger
... ◆⃟ Charlie Attack

Status:

HP 30/30
AC 19 (21 w/ shield)
Wooden Shield [AC Bonus +2] [Hardness 3] [HP/BT 12(6)]
Hero Points 1/3

Goliath
HP 15/24; poisoned
AC 16


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Goliath, recently looking at death's door, is again in trouble.

Charlie gets his vengeance with a deep thrust of the dagger. It's just a hair off of the base of the cephalothorax!

Round 3:
Dendillion: Go
Spiders: TBD
Chark: TBD
Tiny: TBD
Charlie: TBD
Haldan: TBD

DM:

Spider: 7


CG Male Human Bard 6 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (Stealth +11)
Stats:
AC 24 | Fort +11, Refl +15, Will +12 | Perc +12 | Speed 25
♥️ 78/78 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ Lute | ⚕ none | Spells (Occult, +12, DC 22): Cantrips (5), 1st (3/3), 2nd (1/3), 3rd (1/3), 4th (2/2)

Action 1-2: Telekinetic Projectile
Action 3: Stride

Spying a large fruit hanging from a tree branch, Dendillion uses a now familiar picking pattern on his lute. As if by magic, the fruit flies at the spider with deadly force!
Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23
Damage (B): 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11

He then moves closer to the danger.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Dendillion's magical projectile cracks the spider's thorax! The second vermin now lies dead in the garden.

For killing the two giant spiders, each hero earns 60 XP.

Though the poison continues to wend its way through Goliath.

Poison Details for Efficiency:

Saving Throw Fortitude DC 16; Maximum Duration 6 rounds; Stage 1 1d10 poison and flat-footed (1 round); Stage 2 1d12 poison, clumsy 1, and flat-footed (1 round); Stage 3 2d6 poison, clumsy 2, and flat-footed (1 round).


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

Poison Saves for the GM:

Goliath Fort Save Round 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 That takes him to stage 3 on the crit fail.
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

Goliath Fort Save Round 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Stage 3
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

Goliath seems fine at first but after a couple of seconds the large bear stumbles and collapses. "Goliath..G..goliath?" he shakes the bears side. "Buddy what's w..w..wrong?" Charlie looks to the others.

Status:

HP 30/30
AC 19 (21 w/ shield)
Wooden Shield [AC Bonus +2] [Hardness 3] [HP/BT 12(6)]
Hero Points 1/3

Goliath
HP 0/24; poisoned 3 rounds remaining
AC 16


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

Tiny rushes over, pulling out his kit

I left the snake anti-venom on top after that incident back in the tent, hopefully that'll do thinks Tiny to himself as does his best to keep the bear alive.

treat poison Medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Vs poison DC
Critical Success You grant the creature a +4 circumstance bonus to its next saving throw against the poison.
Success You grant the creature a +2 circumstance bonus to its next saving throw against the poison.
Critical Failure Your efforts cause the creature to take a –2 circumstance penalty to its next save against the poison.


Female NG Human Aiuvarin (half-elf) Clc7 | HP: 71/71 | AC: 21 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +15 | Perc: +15 [E] (low-light vision) +2 on Initiative rolls| Speed 25 | Default exploration: Search | Conditions: . | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Points: 1/2

Chark sees Tiny go to work on Goliath's poison, so she takes a few minutes and focuses on his wounds.

DC 15 Medicine: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 crit
crit heal: 4d8 ⇒ (1, 7, 2, 7) = 17


CG Male Human Bard 6 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (Stealth +11)
Stats:
AC 24 | Fort +11, Refl +15, Will +12 | Perc +12 | Speed 25
♥️ 78/78 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ Lute | ⚕ none | Spells (Occult, +12, DC 22): Cantrips (5), 1st (3/3), 2nd (1/3), 3rd (1/3), 4th (2/2)

Seeing poor Goliath struggle, the bard plays a several notes in an A minor pentatonic. When he ends his riff on the root note, a wave of soothing magic washes over the young bear.
Soothe: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

My bad for not tracking rounds after the fight, as some of those skills and spells help. Ruling this as the order of operations:

1. Goliath is poisoned!: HP 17/24 (Stage 1)
2. Goliath crit fails: HP 10/24 (Stage 3)
3a. Goliath passes, thanks Tiny: DMG: 1d12 ⇒ 4 HP 6/24 (Stage 2)
3b. Goliath also gets healed by Chark: HP 24/24 (Stage 2)
4. FORT: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Poison: 1d10 ⇒ 4, but mitigated by Dendillion. HP 24/24 (Stage 1)

We are here now.


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

treat poison: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

CF :(


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

Round 5 Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17 -2 due to the crit fail

Looks like it has run its course.

Goliath was touch and go there for a few moments but the poison looks to have run its course. Charlie pats the bear as he shakily stands back up, his nose running from a slight fever. "He looks alright." Charlie gives the bear a decent look over.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

It takes time, but Goliath eventually pulls through... The mill remains a mystery.


CG Male Human Bard 6 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (Stealth +11)
Stats:
AC 24 | Fort +11, Refl +15, Will +12 | Perc +12 | Speed 25
♥️ 78/78 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ Lute | ⚕ none | Spells (Occult, +12, DC 22): Cantrips (5), 1st (3/3), 2nd (1/3), 3rd (1/3), 4th (2/2)

When everything seems to have returned to normal, Dendillion speaks. "The front door appears to be boarded up from the inside. I think we need to finish searching around for another entry. Otherwise we might need some muscle to knock down that door."


CG Halfling (Gutsy) Wizard (Necromancer) / Sorcerer (Elemental) 7 | Exploration: Search
Stats:
AC 22 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+14), Will (+12) | Perception (+10, +2 Circumstance to Initiative) | Speed 25
♥️ 76/76 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ empty | ⚕ none | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (7), 1st (4/4), 2nd (4/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (3/3) | Sorcerer Spells (Primal, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (2), 1st (1/1), 2nd (1/1)

”I don’t know about boarded up Dendillion. It just seems to be bolted from the other side. But there was giggling and glass breaking coming from the west side so let’s try there before we try the door again.”


CG Male Poppet Familiar (HP 25/25), AC 20, Perception +9, Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +10 Speed 25| Active conditions —

”Huh, the sound of giggling sets you off? You’d think you’d be used to it by now.”


Female NG Human Aiuvarin (half-elf) Clc7 | HP: 71/71 | AC: 21 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +15 | Perc: +15 [E] (low-light vision) +2 on Initiative rolls| Speed 25 | Default exploration: Search | Conditions: . | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Points: 1/2

I looked over there, Chark says, and the window was covered from the inside as well. I suspect whatever we expect to find is inside as well.


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

"Let's not over think this..." announces Tiny as he moves up to the door and knocks "Open up, we're here to help"


CG Halfling (Gutsy) Wizard (Necromancer) / Sorcerer (Elemental) 7 | Exploration: Search
Stats:
AC 22 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+14), Will (+12) | Perception (+10, +2 Circumstance to Initiative) | Speed 25
♥️ 76/76 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ empty | ⚕ none | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (7), 1st (4/4), 2nd (4/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (3/3) | Sorcerer Spells (Primal, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (2), 1st (1/1), 2nd (1/1)

Haldan will attempt to open the side door using lock picks.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 To see if it's locked in a way that I can open.

Thievery: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 If it is openable.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Haldan finds the side door locked, and easily picks the lock on his first go. He carefully opens the door.

The spacious chamber is two stories high and has a well‑fitted stone floor. In the center of the space, a millstone grinds away, rotated by a wooden shaft projecting through the north wall. A second level of the house overlooks this room from the west, and a table and four chairs are visible near the top of a sturdy ladder. A double door leads east. A massive wasps’ nest hangs from the ceiling in the center of the room. Map updated.


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

Charlie points to the wasp nest near the ceiling. "Any of you able to b..b..burn that away?"


CG Male Human Bard 6 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (Stealth +11)
Stats:
AC 24 | Fort +11, Refl +15, Will +12 | Perc +12 | Speed 25
♥️ 78/78 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ Lute | ⚕ none | Spells (Occult, +12, DC 22): Cantrips (5), 1st (3/3), 2nd (1/3), 3rd (1/3), 4th (2/2)

Dendillion glances at the follower of Sarenrae Y'know, the one who uses fire as part of her show. "Chark might be. But I think do that will definitely make the wasps angry."


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

"W..w..wasps generally don't need any reason to be angry." Charlie explains that them even opening the door could set them into a frenzy.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Indeed.... As tiny steps into the mill, the wasps begin swarming out of the hive! Ruling that it's >40' to get there. Swarm stings are [i]single action attacks

They swoops down and envelop Tiny! DMG: 3d8 ⇒ (1, 7, 6) = 14 Make a FORT save v. poison.

Round 1:
Swarm: Buzz
Tiny: Go
Haldan: Go
Charlie: Go
Dendillion: Go
Chark: Go

Hostiles: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Charlie: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19 (Scout)
Chark: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11 (Search)
Dendillion: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13 (Avoid Notice)
Haldan: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 24 (Detect Magic)
Tiny: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25 (Search)


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

The wasps come fast, causing Goliath to panic and snap his jaws at them. Uncoiling his whip Charlie cracks it into the mass. "See!"

Whip; Inspire: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage (Slashing): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Hunter's Edge Precision Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Support Damage (Slashing): 1d8 ⇒ 7

... ◆⃟ Charlie Command
... ◆⃟ Golaith Step
... ◆⃟ Goliath Support
... ◆⃟ Charlie Draw Whip
... ◆⃟ Charlie Attack

Status:

HP 30/30
AC 19 (21 w/ shield)
Wooden Shield [AC Bonus +2] [Hardness 3] [HP/BT 12(6)]
Hero Points 1/3

Goliath
HP 24/24
AC 16


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Charlie cracks his whip. It's impossible to be precise with such foes, but he and Goliath get through a fair number. If the pair can keep it up the swarm will disperse in no time.

Round 1:
Swarm: Buzz
Tiny: Go
Haldan: Go

Charlie: Hit
Dendillion: Go
Chark: Go

DWM:

Swarm: 10


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
fort if needed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Tiny does his best to dodge the swam before thinking like a cat and swiping twice.

tiger claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
slashing damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

tiger flurry: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
slashing damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Without anything witty to say regarding the Swam Tiny flees the building as fast as his Dwarven legs will carry him.

Stance, Flurry, Stride, now holding crossbow in 1 hand.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Tiny avoids much of the damage, and doesn't seem to be overwhelmed by the poison. Half damage, no poison exposure He tries to counter strike them with alacrity, but they dodge his claw attacks.

Round 1:
Swarm: Buzz
Tiny: Miss
Haldan: Go
Charlie: Hit
Dendillion: Go
Chark: Go

DM:

Swarm: 10


Female NG Human Aiuvarin (half-elf) Clc7 | HP: 71/71 | AC: 21 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +15 | Perc: +15 [E] (low-light vision) +2 on Initiative rolls| Speed 25 | Default exploration: Search | Conditions: . | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Points: 1/2

Chark moves forward, a white-yellow ball of flame in her hand, which she throws at the swarm of hateful insects.

produce flame: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
fire: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 doubled for the crit, so 12
plus persistent fire: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Stride, verbal & somatic components.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Chark's flame instantly does the trick. Nearly the entire swarm either burns or disperses!

Round 1:
Swarm: Buzz
Tiny: Miss
Haldan: Go
Charlie: Hit
Dendillion: Go
Chark: Crit

DM:

Swarm: 22 (d4 Persistent)


CG Halfling (Gutsy) Wizard (Necromancer) / Sorcerer (Elemental) 7 | Exploration: Search
Stats:
AC 22 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+14), Will (+12) | Perception (+10, +2 Circumstance to Initiative) | Speed 25
♥️ 76/76 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ empty | ⚕ none | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (7), 1st (4/4), 2nd (4/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (3/3) | Sorcerer Spells (Primal, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (2), 1st (1/1), 2nd (1/1)

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Haldan produces a card from his sleeve and launches it into what’s left of the swarm.
Produce Flame: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 281d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 x2 crit = 16
Persistent fire: 1d4 ⇒ 4

”It would seem as though Saranrae has blessed my deck of cards as well for being in your fine company Chark.”


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Indeed, Haldan produces the hottest, most powerful flame he's ever produced. It's FAR too much for the swarm, and when the flash of flame dims, there's little left of the wasps, certainly not enough to swarm.

Despite giggles from the west before your entrance, the room is quiet now.

For burning through the wasp swarm, each hero earns 80 XP.


CG Male Human Bard 6 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (Stealth +11)
Stats:
AC 24 | Fort +11, Refl +15, Will +12 | Perc +12 | Speed 25
♥️ 78/78 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ Lute | ⚕ none | Spells (Occult, +12, DC 22): Cantrips (5), 1st (3/3), 2nd (1/3), 3rd (1/3), 4th (2/2)

"Well done! Quite the display of pyrotechnics, I must say," Dendillion claps Haldan on the back and gives a smile to Chark. "Tiny, are you okay? Perhaps those stings should get looked at."


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

Charlie motions to the melted wasps, nudges the piles of them with his feet. "See, fire." Hearing that Tiny was stung he watches for an allergic reaction before checking out the room for where the giggles are coming from.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

Tiny nods as he wraps a quick bandage around his arms.

"Let's explore the house first, we'll deal with these little nibbles later, they don't seem to be swelling up at least." say Tiny bravely.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Charlie creeps to the top of the ladder to the next floor, clearly a living space. He no longer hears any sound. Map updated.


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

Charlie slowly creeps towards the southern door and creaks it open, trying not to make a sound as the giggling has disappeared.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Charlie creeps to the back room, and finds it empty. Several vases containing dried flowers stand atop sturdy shelves. A heavy armoire has fallen, face-down and open, onto the floor of the room. Map updated.


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

Tiny follows Charlie up the stairs, doing his best to cover the room with his crossbow.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

The tilted armoire rattles a bit.


CG Male Human Bard 6 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (Stealth +11)
Stats:
AC 24 | Fort +11, Refl +15, Will +12 | Perc +12 | Speed 25
♥️ 78/78 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ Lute | ⚕ none | Spells (Occult, +12, DC 22): Cantrips (5), 1st (3/3), 2nd (1/3), 3rd (1/3), 4th (2/2)

Dendillion keeps up with Charlie and Tiny. When he hears the armoire rattle, he stops and gestures at it. He then holds out his hand horizontal, slowly raising it to a vertical position. He ends this with a shrug and look that suggests he's open to suggestions.


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

Charlie steps back as the armoire rattles and it startles him. Taking point he finds a grip at the edge. He motions silently a three...two...one and lifts the armoire.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Charlie just barely heaves the armoire, but does get it! A huge pile of sand and grit spreads out across the floor. A small creature, akin to the ones you fought in the river, but made of naught more than condensed air flits out of the now opened doors to the armoire. HEHEHEHEhehehehehe!!!!" It immediately seems keen on escaping!

Hostiles: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Charlie: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9 (Scout)
Chark: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25 (Search)
Dendillion: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9 (Avoid Notice)
Haldan: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17 (Detect Magic)
Tiny: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Round 1:
Chark: Go
Haldan: Go
Tiny: Go
Charlier: Go
Dendillion: Go

Creature?: TBD


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

"I knew it" shouts Tiny as he moves in and snaps off a shot with his crossbow.

crossbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
damage: 1d10 ⇒ 10

before beating a hasty retreat out of the room knocking over the nicely arranged table and chairs.

"Lure it back out Charlie" Tiny also shouts as he retreats.

Stride, strike, stride

451 to 500 of 3,546 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "The Extinction Curse" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.