GM PDK The Rasping Rebirth (Tier 12-15) (Inactive)

Game Master Purple Dragon Knight


351 to 400 of 536 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
The Exchange

”Rand” | Male LG Medium Human Unchained Monk 13 | Mythic Power Uses: 4 (4) | HP 4 (134) | AC 39; T 20; FF 33; +4 dodge bonus to AC vs. Koth | CMD 47 | F +14 R +17 W +17; +2 vs. Enchantments | Init +12 | Perc +24; Darkvision 60' | Speed 70 ft | Ki Pool: 10 (13) | Active Conditions: Barkskin; Shaken; Immune to Electricity and Poison, Resist 10 Acid, Cold, Fire

BTw, I don't know if you saw it, but if I hit on my first attack, it ignored his DR and hardness.

Fort Save #1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Fort Save #2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Fort Save #3: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Fort Save #4: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Fort Save #5: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Will Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

Taking bonus to hit, AC, and Ref Saves from BoF

Rand smashes his fists into the creature some more, sure that he'll penetrate it again!

Using Shattering Punch and Stunning Fist on my first attack again; If I hit, it bypasses all DR and Hardness (shattering punch) and it's a DC 22 Fort Save on the Stunning fist or be staggered for 1d6 ⇒ 4 rounds.

Flurry Attack #1: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (20) + 23 = 432d8 + 9 ⇒ (7, 6) + 9 = 22
Flurry Attack #2: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (4) + 23 = 272d8 + 9 ⇒ (5, 4) + 9 = 18
Flurry Attack #3: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 322d8 + 9 ⇒ (6, 6) + 9 = 21
Flurry Attack Iterative #1: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 202d8 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4) + 9 = 16
Flurry Attack Iterative #2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 192d8 + 9 ⇒ (4, 4) + 9 = 17

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 40
Damage Roll: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5) + 9 = 17

The Exchange

CN Female Merfolk Oracle 14 | Init +16-22 | HP: 143|143 | AC: 28 (12 Tch, 27 FF) | CMD 21 | F:+17, R:+15, W:+19 | Per: +27, SM: +24
Resources:
Spells: 9|9|9|8|8|7|5; Reroll 1|1; PT 11|11
Conditions: Delay Poison

Did any of Favians first round attacks hit? if so I think the demon is also fatigued. Frostbite is a multi touch spell so can be procced on each attack roll.

Will save, no cloak: 2d20 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8 taking the lowest at +14

Going to use my folio reroll on that, still rolling twice taking the lowest

Will save, no cloak, stars: 2d20 ⇒ (13, 1) = 14 taking the lowest at +19

Well, that is pants!

Scarab Sages

NG Elf Flame Oracle 14

Will Save: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 1 - 1 + 2 = 23 (+1 if fear/confusion/enchantment effect, +2 if death effect)

Waiting to see if I too am dazed for the immediate future as well.

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

Will (Favian): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Will (Desmond): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

hmm. I'm guessing the DC is probably mid 20s for a solo monster at this level, so I'm going to risk a reroll since this is going against my weakest save. My familiar gets to be loopy for a while. I'll take off the defense bonus from my stat line assuming he is out of it.

Reroll: Will (Favian), 3-stars: 1d20 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 3 = 27


Knowledge Checks || Honor's Echo || TotIM

Wise choice Favian... @Lilly: if you blow a PFS reroll I'm gonna say it's not subject to debuff --> it actually rerolls your lowest (3) for a (13), and you keep that lowest (13), if my fuzzy logic suits you all... @Teriq: until I do mah bigga posta tonighta, I'mma assuminga thata youa coulda potentiallya blowa aa rerolla as wella... ifa youa wanta... befora Ia announcea the resultsa... ... ...

The Exchange

CN Female Merfolk Oracle 14 | Init +16-22 | HP: 143|143 | AC: 28 (12 Tch, 27 FF) | CMD 21 | F:+17, R:+15, W:+19 | Per: +27, SM: +24
Resources:
Spells: 9|9|9|8|8|7|5; Reroll 1|1; PT 11|11
Conditions: Delay Poison

Sadly I am going to have to disagree with you. Touch of Chaos specifies all rolls for the whole round.

Quote:
Touch of Chaos (Sp): You can imbue a target with chaos as a melee touch attack. For the next round, anytime the target rolls a d20, he must roll twice and take the less favorable result.

I would love to not be dazed but I dont expect you to softball for us on my rubbish roll. At this level we can recover from pretty much anything if we have to.


Knowledge Checks || Honor's Echo || TotIM

I can seek a VL ruling if you're being hard to deal with you know. :) Seriously though: I really think that the PFS reroll, which is an 'out of character roll' applies to only one roll, not two rolls, unless you find something contrary to this in the Season 10 PFS Guide...

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

Before I decide on an action...

Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29

Not sure if that is good enough for anything but if it is I guess I'd like DR and resistances

Grand Lodge

Male CN Fighter 13 | HP 147/147 | AC 33 T 16 FF 29 | CMB +19, CMD 35 | F: +16, R: +13, W: +14 | Init: +4(6) | Perc: +17, SM: +16 [/ooc] | Speed 30ft /40ft (Fly)| Active conditions: Fly, Blessed Weapon, Blessing of Fervor, Sickened

Lily! You were wrong. This blade is cursed and I can't get rid of it.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Elf Flame Oracle 14

OK, after going over ever chronicle, and all my stuff, it turns out my listed will save was too high by 1 ... but then I also forgot the Iron Will feet on my cursed ioun stone... which raises it by 2. Net gain, only one point. So that 23 should actually be a 24. Still not very high for this level. 8(
Though the description of what's happened to Tothek sounded confusiony... so maybe a +1 there if the GM's feeling generous...? =) (Ya, ya, reaching)

edit: and no, I do not have a shirt-type reroll available.
Though now that I think on it, I do own a character folio somewhere... hrmmm. Do those still count?

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

Yes they do! That is what I use for my rerolls.

Scarab Sages

NG Elf Flame Oracle 14

Well, now to see if I'm remembering correctly. Some sort of thing I've never actually used for anything anyway. Will check when I get home!


Knowledge Checks || Honor's Echo || TotIM

+1 is all you need sometimes Teriq! Don't waste that reroll...

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

Favian weaves another spell into his combat technique granting him and all of his allies except Teriq Tactical Acumen (+2)

Can't fail to cast defensively
+4 for flanking (see spell), -2 for spell combat

+3 keen, icy burst, Agile, Ghost-touch Aldori Dueling Sword: 1d20 + 23 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 23 + 4 - 2 = 34 Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Nonlethal Cold: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
+3 keen, icy burst, Agile, Ghost-touch Aldori Dueling Sword: 1d20 + 18 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 4 - 2 = 34 Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Nonlethal Cold: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Knowledge Checks || Honor's Echo || TotIM

None of the dark energies manage to steal Rand's vitality, but he thinks that if he had actually done some damage to the beast he would have been in peril of losing some... his steady mind ignores the effect of the multicolored blast. He then manages to deliver a brutal punch that seems to connect deeply within the enormous demon with an audible cracking of its bones!
demon Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Alas, Rand's stunning technique fails to stagger such a large and brutal opponent, as evidenced by the roar of pain bellowed by the demon, and the dark energy of surrounding the demon wash over Rand's fist and arm...
Rand Fort save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Rand's inner strength prevent the dark energies to make any further progress.
PS: only the first strike was a hit.

Lilly's eyes are filled with wonderful colors, and she seems to lose her train of thoughts. Lilly is Dazed for a duration of 1d10 ⇒ 4 rounds as visions of madness hound her... (I'm respecting your decision here, as I trust your PFS knowledge from past games)

Teriq and Favian narrowly avoid the mind-numbing colors. Favian does not recall any information about such a powerful beast... and the specificity of the creatures' task as they repel the demonic hordes seem to indicate that this is a localized evolution from the plane itself... he quickly casts a spell, enhancing the group, but fails to pierce the creature's hide. @Favian: let me know if you included the trillionswarm -1 penalty in your rolls above

Round 3 --- Bold may go!
Enormous boar-headed demon [dazzled, fatigued, shaken; -1 AC, -4 to hit; visibly limping]
Thrag [cursed: forced to use the -2 scythe]
Tothek [Dazed, 8 rounds remain]
Lilly [Dazed, 3 rounds remain, sans cloak, Temp swarm HP 19/40]
Favian
Rand
Teriq

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

Yes, I did. I created a condition for it on my sheet and it is calculated into all my stats so I wouldn't forget.

Scarab Sages

NG Elf Flame Oracle 14

Teriq can barely keep his senses about him, as the chaotic colors burst out from the demon.

Was sure that was a fail. Egads, I'll take it!

Seeing Tothek and Lilly both overcome, and the others having issues just striking the thing, he does what he can to help.

He quickly casts a spell, then flutters down to touch Thrag on the shoulder, saying something as he does so, though the words are lost on the half-orc.

Casting Remove Curse (get a +2 bonus on CL from a season 4 Osirion boon), then 5' step (down to ground level, behind Thrag), and deliver spell.

CL Check, curse breaker: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 = 33

Realizing his words have no meaning to the man, he repeats the same message in celestial, all the while making urgent motions for him to drop what he's holding, unsure if the meaning is getting through.

Didn't realize Thrag was right next to me! Was going to Heal Lilly first, as she could remove it with greater dispel at range... but this was easier if just a 5' step!


Knowledge Checks || Honor's Echo || TotIM

@Teriq: Perform Act please.
@Thrag: Sense Motive please.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Fighter 13 | HP 147/147 | AC 33 T 16 FF 29 | CMB +19, CMD 35 | F: +16, R: +13, W: +14 | Init: +4(6) | Perc: +17, SM: +16 [/ooc] | Speed 30ft /40ft (Fly)| Active conditions: Fly, Blessed Weapon, Blessing of Fervor, Sickened

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28


Knowledge Checks || Honor's Echo || TotIM

Even if he rolls a 1, you know what he means.


Knowledge Checks || Honor's Echo || TotIM

Teriq successfully removes the curse that is on Thrag and the half-orc knows it!

GM Rolls:
5d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 4, 5, 2) = 19

Batting away some of the annoying gnats with a paw, the pig headed demon casually drops Lilly's cloak into the teeming hordes of demons some 15 feet away to the north of him, and focuses on the source of his newly broken leg to pound blow after blow on Rand, invoking some mythic powers as he does so!

claw vs. Rand, Mythic Power Attack, Mythic Power to Boost to Ignore Power Attack Penalty for 1 minute: 1d20 + 28 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 28 - 4 = 43
b/p/s dmg, fatigued, Mythic Power Attack: 2d6 + 15 - 1 + 12 ⇒ (3, 4) + 15 - 1 + 12 = 33 plus Touch of Chaos
steal Amulet of Mighty Fists +2 vs. CMD 46: 1d20 + 32 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 32 - 4 = 46 CMD STOLEN!

claw vs. Rand, Mythic Power Attack: 1d20 + 28 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 28 - 4 = 29 MISS

bite vs. Rand, Mythic Power Attack: 1d20 + 28 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 28 - 4 = 29 MISS
b/p/s dmg, fatigued, Mythic Power Attack: 3d8 + 15 - 1 + 12 ⇒ (2, 8, 5) + 15 - 1 + 12 = 41

Touch of Chaos:
For the next round, anytime the target rolls a d20, she must roll twice and take the less favorable result.

CONFIRM MYTHIC POWER ATTACK CRIT ON CLAW: 1d20 + 28 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 28 - 4 = 29 NOT CONFIRMED! the dice bot likes 5s...

Suddenly the world explodes as an array of colors again!
I'll need a Will save from everybody

The demon is without the rainbow pattern for mere moments after the color explosion... and as if spurred by a life of its own, once again, colors begin to crawl over the porcine creature's body with an ever-increasing nauseating frequency... for the third time!!!

Round 4 --- Bold may go!
Enormous boar-headed demon [dazzled, fatigued, shaken; -1 AC, -4 to hit; visibly limping]
Thrag [WILL REQ'D! no longer cursed: still holding the scythe --> what will he do next? :)]
Tothek [WILL REQ'D! Dazed, 8 rounds remain]
Lilly [WILL REQ'D! Dazed, 3 rounds remain, sans cloak, Temp swarm HP 19/40]
Favian [WILL REQ'D!]
Rand [WILL REQ'D! Touch of Chaos, sans amulet, Temp swarm HP 7/40]
Teriq [WILL REQ'D!]

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Elf Flame Oracle 14

Again?! Egads... that's just cruel.

Will: 1d20 + 15 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 15 - 1 + 2 = 29

OK, better than last time at least!

Teriq uses the burly half-orc as cover from the cascading colors, and manages to avoid the worst of it!

What he does next depends on if Thrag gets dazed... coises!

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

I think that's good enough? Maybe?

Scarab Sages

NG Elf Flame Oracle 14

24 was the DC, I believe.

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

Rand and Thrag, assuming you make the save remember that you'll get a +4 to hit from flanking with Favian rather than just +2 due to tactical acumen.

Assuming that at least one of them will save and I will get the flank bonus. Subtract 4 from the attacks if they both end up dazed.

+3 keen, icy burst, Agile, Ghost-touch Aldori Dueling Sword: 1d20 + 23 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 23 + 4 = 43 Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4 nonlethal cold: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
+3 keen, icy burst, Agile, Ghost-touch Aldori Dueling Sword: 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 4 = 37 Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3 nonlethal cold: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

So close to a critical threat.


Knowledge Checks || Honor's Echo || TotIM

@Favian: do your rolls include the -1 from Trillionswarm? can't tell as your spreadsheet is at +23 already and not sure if sheet already adjusted as I see no math/breakdown... thanks!

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

Yes. +9 BAB, +8 Dex, +3 enhancement, +2 blessing of fervor, +1 weapon focus, +1 competence (ioun stone), -1 swarm = +23.


Knowledge Checks || Honor's Echo || TotIM

I think it's only been the 5th time I ask this question so I should stop doing that soon... :P Both are a hit btw! :)

The Exchange

”Rand” | Male LG Medium Human Unchained Monk 13 | Mythic Power Uses: 4 (4) | HP 4 (134) | AC 39; T 20; FF 33; +4 dodge bonus to AC vs. Koth | CMD 47 | F +14 R +17 W +17; +2 vs. Enchantments | Init +12 | Perc +24; Darkvision 60' | Speed 70 ft | Ki Pool: 10 (13) | Active Conditions: Barkskin; Shaken; Immune to Electricity and Poison, Resist 10 Acid, Cold, Fire

Will Save w/Touch of Chaos: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 281d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

Going to take the bonus to ac, hit, and ref saves from BoF.

"Not only are you ugly, you're a thief too. Let me guess, you have relations with gnomes too, don't you sicko." says rand as the monster snatches the amulet off his neck.

Same thing as last round: Stunning Fist and Smashing Punch on first attack.

Rand then continues beating on to creature, trying to destroy it.

Flurry Attack #1 w/Touch of Chaos: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 371d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25
Damage Roll: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (1, 8) + 9 = 18

Flurry Attack #2 w/Touch of Chaos: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 361d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26
Damage Roll: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (1, 3) + 9 = 13

Flurry Attack #3 w/Touch of Chaos: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 371d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38
Damage Roll: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (8, 6) + 9 = 23

Flurry Attack Iterative #1 w/Touch of Chaos: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 321d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
Damage Roll: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (3, 3) + 9 = 15

Flurry Attack Iterative #2 w/Touch of Chaos: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 261d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage Roll: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (4, 5) + 9 = 18

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

Did you remember the +4 to hit from flanking? Your damage should be two lower from losing the amulet.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Fighter 13 | HP 147/147 | AC 33 T 16 FF 29 | CMB +19, CMD 35 | F: +16, R: +13, W: +14 | Init: +4(6) | Perc: +17, SM: +16 [/ooc] | Speed 30ft /40ft (Fly)| Active conditions: Fly, Blessed Weapon, Blessing of Fervor, Sickened

Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Will, Folio, Stars: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 = 33

Blessing, +2 AC/Hit/Ref

Thrag feels the chaos invading his mind, but steels himself and shakes it off.

Realizing what Teriq has done he immediately drops the scythe. Drawing his hammer he looks twice to make sure it is what he thinks it is before swinging at the demon.

Thanks, now to do what I'm here for.

1st Attack, Power Attack, Blessing, flank, swarm poison: 1d20 + 28 - 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 28 - 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 42
Damage, +1, Adamantine, Bludgeoning, Power Attack: 3d6 + 17 + 12 ⇒ (6, 4, 3) + 17 + 12 = 42

2nd Attack, Power Attack, Blessing, flank, swarm poison: 1d20 + 23 - 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 23 - 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 27
Damage, +1, Adamantine, Bludgeoning, Power Attack: 3d6 + 17 + 12 ⇒ (3, 2, 4) + 17 + 12 = 38

3rd Attack, Power Attack, Blessing, flank, swarm poison: 1d20 + 18 - 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 18 - 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 35
Damage, +1, Adamantine, Bludgeoning, Power Attack: 3d6 + 17 + 12 ⇒ (5, 4, 6) + 17 + 12 = 44

Scarab Sages

NG Elf Flame Oracle 14

Seeing Thrag still active, Teriq says something else... which might have been important, but again, no one understands what it was, as he slowly flies back out of reach of the giant demon.

Unable to reach Lilly, and help her, this round, he instead fires four more arrows in quick succession, before turning to find a safer route to the merfolk woman and Tothek.

Not even going to try acrobatics vs something this mean... so 5' step back and up, out of reach, then full attack. Next round, can cast and move to get Lilly operational.

pseudo-hail of arrows:
Forgoing rapid shot (and its -2 to hit) but still using the blessing of fervor bonus for the extra attack.

Includes elemental and PBS bonuses, and deadly aim and bug bite penalties
Manyshot: 1d20 + 25 + 3 - 3 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 25 + 3 - 3 - 1 + 1 = 30, for 4d8 + 12 + 12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 8, 7, 5) + 12 + 12 - 2 + 2 = 45 damage.
Iterative: 1d20 + 20 + 3 - 3 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 20 + 3 - 3 - 1 + 1 = 28, for 2d6 + 6 + 6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 + 6 - 1 + 1 = 21 damage.
fervor attack: 1d20 + 25 + 3 - 3 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 25 + 3 - 3 - 1 + 1 = 45, for 2d6 + 6 + 6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 + 6 - 1 + 1 = 23 damage.
confirm?: 1d20 + 25 + 3 - 3 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 25 + 3 - 3 - 1 + 1 = 39, for an additional 4d6 + 12 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5, 4, 4) + 12 + 12 + 2 = 45 damage.

Liberty's Edge

CN Osirian Ranger 2/ Sorc 7/ EK 3/ Hp: 74/79 +19temp/ F:+8 R:+11 W: +7 / CMD: 27 / AC 24, flat 17, touch 13 / Init +5 / Perc. + 20 Speed 30’, Fly 60’ / Spells remaining 7 first, 2 second, 3 third, 3 fourth / Active Conditions: Mirror image, Life Bubble, Fly, False Life, pro. Evil, bull strength, gravity bow, Resist Acid 20, Endure Elements

Tothek Will save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The Exchange

CN Female Merfolk Oracle 14 | Init +16-22 | HP: 143|143 | AC: 28 (12 Tch, 27 FF) | CMD 21 | F:+17, R:+15, W:+19 | Per: +27, SM: +24
Resources:
Spells: 9|9|9|8|8|7|5; Reroll 1|1; PT 11|11
Conditions: Delay Poison

Will save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

The Exchange

”Rand” | Male LG Medium Human Unchained Monk 13 | Mythic Power Uses: 4 (4) | HP 4 (134) | AC 39; T 20; FF 33; +4 dodge bonus to AC vs. Koth | CMD 47 | F +14 R +17 W +17; +2 vs. Enchantments | Init +12 | Perc +24; Darkvision 60' | Speed 70 ft | Ki Pool: 10 (13) | Active Conditions: Barkskin; Shaken; Immune to Electricity and Poison, Resist 10 Acid, Cold, Fire

I forgot both of those things, so thank you for pointing them out Favian.

The Exchange

CN Female Merfolk Oracle 14 | Init +16-22 | HP: 143|143 | AC: 28 (12 Tch, 27 FF) | CMD 21 | F:+17, R:+15, W:+19 | Per: +27, SM: +24
Resources:
Spells: 9|9|9|8|8|7|5; Reroll 1|1; PT 11|11
Conditions: Delay Poison

Lilly stares vacantly around her, largely oblivious to the world.


Knowledge Checks || Honor's Echo || TotIM

Teriq avoids the tenacious trance that is affecting many of his fellow Seekers right now, and fires a few arrows. The first few miss their mark, but the last one hits the demon squarely in the neck, sinking deeply! black ichor bursts out of the highly pressured demonic circulatory system, and the porcine creature's eyes become bloodshot with pain and anger both!

Favian also avoids the seizures due to colored lights and stings the enormous demon twice behind the same knee.

Rand stands his ground as well. Opening with an insult, he begins to work the demon's other leg. Due to chaos imparted by the demon, he only lands one blow.

Thanks to Teriq's spell, the curse is lifted from Thrag, enabling him to discard the nasty scythe once and for all. Drawing his long hammer in one smooth motion he begins to pound the demon's knees heavily and expertly. Two bone crunching blows land on the mythical demon's joints, resulting in a massive pig-like squeal that momentarily freeze the demonic hordes all around you. As they stare at the heroes that are beginning to hold their ground against one of the canyon's Curators, the demon horde pressing against your insect-headed demon protectors recedes slowly... the insect-demon protectors all around you take this opportunity to enlarge the circle, following the horde's momentary hesitation...

Lilly and Tothek continue to be entranced by the colors...
Tothek and Lilly's new dazed duration, if greater than existing one: 1d10 ⇒ 5

GM Rolls:
5d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 4, 1, 1) = 14

pig demon 5-ft steps to northwest

Batting away some more of the annoying gnats, the impressive healing abilities of the demon appears unable to keep up with the heroes' onslaught... the pig headed demon begins to teeter... he casually drops Rand's amulet past Lilly's cloak and in a last-ditched attempt to regain control on the battle, he attempts to tear Thrag apart!

claw vs. Thrag, Mythic Power Attack w Boost Round 2of10: 1d20 + 28 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 28 - 3 = 26 MISS

claw vs. Thrag, Mythic Power Attack w Boost Round 2of10: 1d20 + 28 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 28 - 3 = 35 HITS
b/s dmg, fatigued, Mythic Power Attack: 2d6 + 15 - 1 + 12 ⇒ (1, 3) + 15 - 1 + 12 = 30 plus Touch of Chaos

bite vs. Thrag, Mythic Power Attack w Boost Round 2of10: 1d20 + 28 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 28 - 3 = 38 HITS
b/p/s dmg, fatigued, Mythic Power Attack: 3d8 + 15 - 1 + 12 ⇒ (5, 2, 6) + 15 - 1 + 12 = 39

Touch of Chaos:
For the next round, anytime the target rolls a d20, she must roll twice and take the less favorable result.

Round 5 --- Bold may go!
Enormous boar-headed demon [fatigued, shaken; -1 AC, -3 to hit; badly hurt and teetering]
Thrag [Touch of Chaos, Temp swarm gone, HP 118/147]
Tothek [Dazed 7 rounds remain]
Lilly [Dazed 4 rounds remain, sans cloak, Temp swarm HP 19/40]
Favian
Rand [sans amulet, Temp swarm HP 7/40]
Teriq

The Exchange

”Rand” | Male LG Medium Human Unchained Monk 13 | Mythic Power Uses: 4 (4) | HP 4 (134) | AC 39; T 20; FF 33; +4 dodge bonus to AC vs. Koth | CMD 47 | F +14 R +17 W +17; +2 vs. Enchantments | Init +12 | Perc +24; Darkvision 60' | Speed 70 ft | Ki Pool: 10 (13) | Active Conditions: Barkskin; Shaken; Immune to Electricity and Poison, Resist 10 Acid, Cold, Fire

Rand didn'nt really bother moving and instead just unloaded on the creature again, hoping this would be the round that it died.

Taking same bonus from Blessing of Fervor as previously. No flank this time cause it moved. As before, going to use stunning fist and shattering punch on my first attack, meaning that if I hit it has to make a fort save or be staggered and my damage will ignore it's DR.

Flurry Attack #1: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 352d8 + 7 ⇒ (2, 2) + 7 = 11
Flurry Attack #2: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 242d8 + 7 ⇒ (5, 4) + 7 = 16
Flurry Attack #3: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 302d8 + 7 ⇒ (1, 5) + 7 = 13
Flurry Attack Iterative #1: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 362d8 + 7 ⇒ (6, 8) + 7 = 21
Flurry Attack Iterative #2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 242d8 + 7 ⇒ (6, 4) + 7 = 17

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 322d8 + 7 ⇒ (3, 1) + 7 = 11

Stagger Rounds if Fort Save failed: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

Favian steps up into flank and slashes the demon twice...

+3 keen, icy burst, Agile, Ghost-touch Aldori Dueling Sword: 1d20 + 23 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 23 + 4 = 29 Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4 nonlethal cold: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
+3 keen, icy burst, Agile, Ghost-touch Aldori Dueling Sword: 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 18 + 4 = 28 Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4 nonlethal cold: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Knowledge Checks || Honor's Echo || TotIM

demon fort: 1d20 ⇒ 8 demon not staggered and still kicking

Liberty's Edge

CN Osirian Ranger 2/ Sorc 7/ EK 3/ Hp: 74/79 +19temp/ F:+8 R:+11 W: +7 / CMD: 27 / AC 24, flat 17, touch 13 / Init +5 / Perc. + 20 Speed 30’, Fly 60’ / Spells remaining 7 first, 2 second, 3 third, 3 fourth / Active Conditions: Mirror image, Life Bubble, Fly, False Life, pro. Evil, bull strength, gravity bow, Resist Acid 20, Endure Elements

Tothek blinks a few times, trying to clear his head.

...

Grand Lodge

Male CN Fighter 13 | HP 147/147 | AC 33 T 16 FF 29 | CMB +19, CMD 35 | F: +16, R: +13, W: +14 | Init: +4(6) | Perc: +17, SM: +16 [/ooc] | Speed 30ft /40ft (Fly)| Active conditions: Fly, Blessed Weapon, Blessing of Fervor, Sickened

Blessing, +2 AC,Hit,Reflex

Everything falls.

1st Attack, Power Attack, Blessing, flank, swarm poison: 1d20 + 28 - 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 28 - 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 34
Damage, +1, Adamantine, Bludgeoning, Power Attack: 3d6 + 17 + 12 ⇒ (6, 5, 3) + 17 + 12 = 43

2nd Attack, Power Attack, Blessing, flank, swarm poison: 1d20 + 23 - 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 23 - 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 39
Damage, +1, Adamantine, Bludgeoning, Power Attack: 3d6 + 17 + 12 ⇒ (6, 2, 3) + 17 + 12 = 40

3rd Attack, Power Attack, Blessing, flank, swarm poison: 1d20 + 18 - 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 18 - 4 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 20
Damage, +1, Adamantine, Bludgeoning, Power Attack: 3d6 + 17 + 12 ⇒ (4, 5, 1) + 17 + 12 = 39

Scarab Sages

NG Elf Flame Oracle 14

Seeing the Curator reeling from his allies onslaught, Teriq carefully considers his options.

He notices it has moved closer, likely putting him within its reach once more. Realizing he can't get to Lilly now, not without exposing himself, he slowly backs away once more, taking advantage of the expanding circle of protection, before firing another brace of arrows.

5' step, back and up, then full attack again.

Hail of Arrows:
Hmm... only one regular arrow left after this. =) Will have to switch to the cold iron ones!

Manyshot: 1d20 + 25 + 3 + 1 - 1 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 25 + 3 + 1 - 1 - 3 - 2 = 35, for 4d6 + 12 + 12 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4, 5, 4, 2) + 12 + 12 + 2 - 2 = 39 damage.
Iterative: 1d20 + 20 + 3 + 1 - 1 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 20 + 3 + 1 - 1 - 3 - 2 = 35, for 2d6 + 6 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 + 6 + 1 - 1 = 21 damage.
rapid shot: 1d20 + 25 + 3 + 1 - 1 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 25 + 3 + 1 - 1 - 3 - 2 = 38, for 2d6 + 6 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 6 + 6 + 1 - 1 = 17 damage.
fervor attack: 1d20 + 25 + 3 + 1 - 1 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 25 + 3 + 1 - 1 - 3 - 2 = 35, for 2d6 + 6 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 + 6 + 1 - 1 = 21 damage.


Knowledge Checks || Honor's Echo || TotIM

Rand attacks the enormous demon once again and scores minor hits.
demon Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Favian's sword is unable to pierce its hide, but Thrag swings his hammer in a devastating arc and connects loudly into the creature's lower parts, which causes it to double over... its face now in reach of the half-orc's mighty hammer, Thrag swings his hammer back and in one smooth motion brings it back down again in a mighty overhead strike. The starmetal hammer rings out clearly in the canyon as the demon's skull is broken in, black ichor and brains erupting everywhere and splashing back down not only on Thrag but on Rand and Favian as well. The creature falls forward, head hitting the ground first. Black blood and brains continue to spill out of the still Curator's corpse. Thrag lands one last blow into the enormous demon's brain for good measure. The behemoth spasms wildly for a moment before becoming very, very still once more. This time for good.

COMBAT OVER!

Treasure, bastard sword used as a piercing in his snout, Spellcraft DC 25:
The curator who attacks the PCs has a particularly valuable trophy—a unique sword known as the corona blade. The Curator took this weapon from a paladin’s corpse several centuries ago. While it was once a sun blade, long exposure to the nalfeshnee has begun to corrupt its essence. While the blade retains most of its typical abilities (including its effectiveness against evil creatures), its effectiveness against undead and creatures from the Negative Energy Plane has been replaced by
effectiveness against creatures with a strong lawful aura. Additionally, its ability to replicate natural daylight has been replaced by a once-per-day use of the nalfeshnee’s unholy nimbus ability with a duration of 1d3 rounds (Will DC 20 negates; yes that same Dazed condition ability he used against you all! but remember that it affects all non-demons within 60ft... friend of foe!). The Curator cannot safely wield the blade, so it instead uses the weapon as a snout piercing from which to dangle skulls.

The two other Curators battling the demon hordes finally reach the demon-spawning wounds a few moments later, and they sacrifice themselves to seal them shut once more. You see their form becoming black stone and melding into the broken cliffs. This act stops new demons from forming, but you note that it does not eliminate the horde that already exists... still, some of the insect-like demons who have formed a ring around you all maintain the perimeter of safety for the time being, while the other half ventures out into the demon horde to engage them.

“Halt,” a hissing voice whispers telepathically. The voice seems to emanate from the fossilized demon-insect projecting from the wall of the rift southeast of your location. A tunneling wound filled with crawling insects, bores through the chest of the fossil, emitting a dull red glow. Near the back of the tunnel, a massive heart beats rhythmically. Embedded in the walls of the wound, a scattering of large gems glitter.

The voice continues, “I am Deskari, Lord of the Locust Host.”

You briefly see an image of his last physical form. The voice in your heads then resumes, “Though my body is shattered, my essence lives on here in the Rift of Repose. The glabrezu Koth’Vaul has used powerful magic to rend my breast and devour my heart, stealing my power. He now thinks himself my equal and seeks to create a domain of his own. Only I can provide the power you need to defeat him. In exchange, I require only that you destroy Koth’Vaul utterly: flense his flesh and leave his plans in ruins.”

Grand Lodge

Male CN Fighter 13 | HP 147/147 | AC 33 T 16 FF 29 | CMB +19, CMD 35 | F: +16, R: +13, W: +14 | Init: +4(6) | Perc: +17, SM: +16 [/ooc] | Speed 30ft /40ft (Fly)| Active conditions: Fly, Blessed Weapon, Blessing of Fervor, Sickened

Thrag raises his hammer.

To the death!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Fighter 13 | HP 147/147 | AC 33 T 16 FF 29 | CMB +19, CMD 35 | F: +16, R: +13, W: +14 | Init: +4(6) | Perc: +17, SM: +16 [/ooc] | Speed 30ft /40ft (Fly)| Active conditions: Fly, Blessed Weapon, Blessing of Fervor, Sickened

Before leaving Thrag takes a moment to smash the cursed scythe into small pieces.

Scarab Sages

NG Elf Flame Oracle 14

Teriq goes to check on Lilly and Tothek, to see if they need medical aid, or will recover shortly on their own.

Can fix it with a Heal... but would rather not if its only going to be a minute or so.

He quickly flies out and recovers Lilly's cloak while the demonic hoards are pushed back, grabbing Rand's amulet as well, before returning.

He drapes the woman's cloak back on her, in case its magic can be of use, but otherwise, just waits. He keeps one eye on the hoards of dretches, ready to burn them all to ash if the strange insect swarms don't prove up to the task... he is also ready to burn said insect swarms to ash, if they decide to change tactics.

Been hoping for an opportunity to use my Firestorm revelation. =)

He eyes the petrified remains of Deskari nervously... a demon lord... even one supposedly dead... asking to make a bargain... that can't lead anywhere good. The elf had made enough evil bargains in his life, many of those still weighing on his soul, even now. He was not sure he wanted to make yet another. Even one as seemingly innocuous as this.

Unsure if being addressed by a giant, supposedly dead, demon lord, asking for an 'arrangement' still counts as a stressful situation... as far as Teriq's Tongue's Curse goes... so will keep my possibly addled-voice out of it for the moment.


Knowledge Checks || Honor's Echo || TotIM

This is not combat. He's speaking inside your head via Telepathy. It's a rock tunnel with insects, gems and a beating heart at the end.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Elf Flame Oracle 14

Sounds stressful to me! =)

The Exchange

”Rand” | Male LG Medium Human Unchained Monk 13 | Mythic Power Uses: 4 (4) | HP 4 (134) | AC 39; T 20; FF 33; +4 dodge bonus to AC vs. Koth | CMD 47 | F +14 R +17 W +17; +2 vs. Enchantments | Init +12 | Perc +24; Darkvision 60' | Speed 70 ft | Ki Pool: 10 (13) | Active Conditions: Barkskin; Shaken; Immune to Electricity and Poison, Resist 10 Acid, Cold, Fire

Rand likewise immediately secures his amulet and hangs it around his neck.

"So to be crystal clear, you'll give us the power we need to defeat Koth'Vaul and in exchange the only thing we have to do is ruin his plans, kill him, and destroy his body?"

351 to 400 of 536 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay for GM PDK's Rasping Rebirth All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.