GM PDK The Rasping Rebirth (Tier 12-15)

Game Master Purple Dragon Knight

Maps and Handouts


51 to 100 of 330 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 87/87 | AC: 33 (28 T, 18 F) | CMD: 37 | F: 14, R: 16, W: 11 | Init: 20 | Perc: 14 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 13/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 2/2 | Reroll 1/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50

"Well, Riftcarver is some sort of scythe. I would never wield such a clumsy weapon, I think my blade will work just fine."

Liberty's Edge

CN Osirian Ranger 2/ Sorc 7/ EK 3/ Hp: 74/79 +19temp/ F:+8 R:+11 W: +7 / CMD: 27 / AC 24, flat 17, touch 13 / Init +5 / Perc. + 20 Speed 30’, Fly 60’ / Spells remaining 7 first, 2 second, 3 third, 3 fourth / Active Conditions: Life Bubble, False Life, darkvision, bull strength, gravity bow, Resist Acid 20, Endure Elements
Lilliandra de Saavedra wrote:
She also gets a free level 3 scroll which doesnt have epxensive components, any suggestions from people as to what might help? Its a small thing but might be handy and its free. [/ooc]

I vote for Wind Wall, it shuts out swarms fairly well.

Liberty's Edge

CN Osirian Ranger 2/ Sorc 7/ EK 3/ Hp: 74/79 +19temp/ F:+8 R:+11 W: +7 / CMD: 27 / AC 24, flat 17, touch 13 / Init +5 / Perc. + 20 Speed 30’, Fly 60’ / Spells remaining 7 first, 2 second, 3 third, 3 fourth / Active Conditions: Life Bubble, False Life, darkvision, bull strength, gravity bow, Resist Acid 20, Endure Elements

Tothek will move forward to close the man’s eyes. Is there any indication of his religious beliefs?

Perception 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33


Knowledge Checks The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

He's wearing plate armor and strapped over it are a backpack, belt with several pouches, sheathed daggers and a now empty longsword scabbard, as well as a bandoleer with an array of adventuring items; all of this indicate that the crusader was prepared for a long journey due to the fully packed nature of his bags. You see no apparent religious symbol around his neck or engraved in his armor.

Liberty's Edge

CN Osirian Ranger 2/ Sorc 7/ EK 3/ Hp: 74/79 +19temp/ F:+8 R:+11 W: +7 / CMD: 27 / AC 24, flat 17, touch 13 / Init +5 / Perc. + 20 Speed 30’, Fly 60’ / Spells remaining 7 first, 2 second, 3 third, 3 fourth / Active Conditions: Life Bubble, False Life, darkvision, bull strength, gravity bow, Resist Acid 20, Endure Elements

Would it be possible to bury him? Is the ground nearby soft enough?

Tothek will also cast detect magic. While this man’s passing is unfortunate, he died so that the crusade might be successful.

The Exchange

| Init +12-18 | HP: 133|133 | AC: 35 (19 Tch, 34 FF) | CMB +8, CMD 28 | F:+19, R:+16, W:+19 | Per: +25, SM: +22
Buffs:
Longstrider, Ext Magic Vestment x2, Ext Delay Poison, Ant Haul, Planar Infusion 1, Ext Heroism, BBPill
Resources:
Spells: 5|8|5|6|6|5; Reroll 1|1; PT 10|10
Conditions: FoM, Images 3

Lilliandra will also look over the body for any useful gear. He wont be needing it after all she says if challenged.

Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (8) + 24 = 32

Before we enter the Abyss she casts extended heroism on herself, takes a blood boiling pill and activates her fins to feet SLA. On entering the Abyss she casts bestow planar infusion.

Scarab Sages

NG Elf Flame Oracle - Fire Elemental (HP 129/129 (DR 5/-, ResistFire 20) | AC 29, Tch 21, FF 17 | CMD 32 | Fort +13, Ref +20 (evasion), Will +13 (+1 ench/fear/conf, +2 death) | Init +12 | Perc +17 | Speed 40' | Spells: Lv1 7/7, Lv2 7/7, Lv3 5/7, Lv4 4/7, Lv5 4/6, Lv6 3/5, Lv7 2/3 ) Active Effects: Elemental Body IV, Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Freedom of Movement, Talisman of Reprieve (+4 Survival/Spellcraft), Divine Favor

Was the man a Crusader? (I assume they have some sort of identifying symbology?

Teriq frowns, as the man utters his dying message, his eyes scanning the surrounding terrain.

"Well, that was convenient." He mutters, kneeling down to examine the body.

Can we tell what killed him? Any sign of his missing sword?

Heal?: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

He glances back towards those more knowledgeable. "Could it be? That Koth'vaul has gained so much power, only a specific weapon could mortally wound him?"

"I would not recommend burying anyone in these tainted lands." He councils Tothek. "I misdoubt it would be restful."

Is the big rift with the orange glow the portal we're looking for, or is that something else?

Grand Lodge

Male CN Fighter 13 | HP 147/147 | AC 33(31) T 16(14) FF 29(27) | CMB +19, CMD 35 | F: +16(14), R: +13(11), W: +14(12) | Init: +4 | Perc: +17, SM: +16 [/ooc] | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Swarm poison (-2 on d20s and AC)

Don't worry Favian, when the time comes I can wield the scythe.

Liberty's Edge

CN Osirian Ranger 2/ Sorc 7/ EK 3/ Hp: 74/79 +19temp/ F:+8 R:+11 W: +7 / CMD: 27 / AC 24, flat 17, touch 13 / Init +5 / Perc. + 20 Speed 30’, Fly 60’ / Spells remaining 7 first, 2 second, 3 third, 3 fourth / Active Conditions: Life Bubble, False Life, darkvision, bull strength, gravity bow, Resist Acid 20, Endure Elements

”Teriq, have you a better idea? I am not able to easily bring his body with me.”

Unless there are objections, Tothek anoints the body with a flask of holy water, and then builds a crude cairn, stacking rocks on the body of the fallen crusader. This will take a few minutes, giving everyone else ample time to finish whatever they’re about.

(He’s also open to burning the remains, if anyone suggests it)


Knowledge Checks The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

@Tothek: nearly impossible to bury anything here. It's a sheer rock cliff face you're walking on a stone ledge that's about at 75% height of the whole cliff; the width of the ledge varies between 5 ft. and 25 ft. The crusader died in such a wide spot, slumped in a pool of his own blood. Your detect magic spell reveals nothing magical about him.
@Lilliandra: you may scavenge any type of non-magical adventuring gear on his body not exceeding 10gp per item in value (except for one single item which may be up to a 50gp value) and not exceeding a total value of 350gp. You also find some personal mementos: old letters between him and his wife and children. His name was Gwythion and you find a holy symbol of the empyreal lord Vildeis among his possessions.
@Teriq: He wears the standard Mendev crusader plate armor. He was of a decent rank; probably some scouting party leader. He bears several wounds but it's hard to tell which one killed him exactly as he's covered in blood and the wounds are mostly covered by his plate armor and his tabard. No sign for the missing sword, but he still have a shield clutched in his left hand. The big glowing rift indeed corresponds to the portal described by Jorsal, as reported to him by his scouts.

The Exchange

”Rand” | Male LG Medium Human Unchained Monk 13 | HP 134 (134) | AC 38; T 28; FF 32 | CMD 46| F +13 R +16 W +16; +2 vs. Enchantments | Init +8 | Perc +24 | Speed 70 ft | Ki Pool: 12 (13) | Active Conditions: Barkskin; -1 penalty to AC, d20 rolls, and effect DCs (factored in above).

"We should burn his body; that way he can't be raised as undead."

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 87/87 | AC: 33 (28 T, 18 F) | CMD: 37 | F: 14, R: 16, W: 11 | Init: 20 | Perc: 14 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 13/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 2/2 | Reroll 1/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50

Favian rolls his eyes.

"Are we really going to waste time disposing of a body while a threat to thousands marches ever closer to his demonic goal? The still living are in peril. There are others who can care for the dead.

You get the sense by other he means lesser.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Fighter 13 | HP 147/147 | AC 33(31) T 16(14) FF 29(27) | CMB +19, CMD 35 | F: +16(14), R: +13(11), W: +14(12) | Init: +4 | Perc: +17, SM: +16 [/ooc] | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Swarm poison (-2 on d20s and AC)

Unless you have something to burn him with we don't have much choice. He said don't touch anything.

Liberty's Edge

CN Osirian Ranger 2/ Sorc 7/ EK 3/ Hp: 74/79 +19temp/ F:+8 R:+11 W: +7 / CMD: 27 / AC 24, flat 17, touch 13 / Init +5 / Perc. + 20 Speed 30’, Fly 60’ / Spells remaining 7 first, 2 second, 3 third, 3 fourth / Active Conditions: Life Bubble, False Life, darkvision, bull strength, gravity bow, Resist Acid 20, Endure Elements

“I see you are eager to be on your way. I will not hold up the group. If we return this way, however, I will stay behind to finish the job.”

Tothek shoulders his pack again and nods. If one listens carefully, you can hear him quietly praying in Osirian as he walks.

He will keep an eye out for the crusader’s sword as they travel.

The Exchange

”Rand” | Male LG Medium Human Unchained Monk 13 | HP 134 (134) | AC 38; T 28; FF 32 | CMD 46| F +13 R +16 W +16; +2 vs. Enchantments | Init +8 | Perc +24 | Speed 70 ft | Ki Pool: 12 (13) | Active Conditions: Barkskin; -1 penalty to AC, d20 rolls, and effect DCs (factored in above).

Rand sets down the wood and says "It's not a waste of time. This man held the line against the infernal to allow our world to live in peace. That is worthy of respect, and a few minutes of our time to send him off."


Knowledge Checks The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)
Rand, The Iron Fist wrote:
Rand sets down the wood and says "It's not a waste of time. This man held the line against the infernal to allow our world to live in peace. That is worthy of respect, and a few minutes of our time to send him off."

@Rand: you are all still at the sides of the dead crusader. There is no wood (yet) since the party is still debating whether to double back and lose an hour or more to go fetch some firewood.

@Lilliandra: do you scavenge any of the crusdader's belongings?

@Teriq: do you continue your autopsy or do you decide to stop there?

The Exchange

”Rand” | Male LG Medium Human Unchained Monk 13 | HP 134 (134) | AC 38; T 28; FF 32 | CMD 46| F +13 R +16 W +16; +2 vs. Enchantments | Init +8 | Perc +24 | Speed 70 ft | Ki Pool: 12 (13) | Active Conditions: Barkskin; -1 penalty to AC, d20 rolls, and effect DCs (factored in above).

Apologies, I thought we had done it already.


Knowledge Checks The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

No need to apologize! I know things are moving a bit slow right now but I really don't want to rush you guys; I'd feel bad if you miss something or forget to do something before you depart through the gate; and time is of the essence since you're on the tail of a demon lord that's about to do some bad juju... hence me making sure the whole party is onboard if you take extra time to go fetch things in the Worldwound's wilds (there's checks involved, and the flora and fauna can be... interesting...)

Grand Lodge

Male CN Fighter 13 | HP 147/147 | AC 33(31) T 16(14) FF 29(27) | CMB +19, CMD 35 | F: +16(14), R: +13(11), W: +14(12) | Init: +4 | Perc: +17, SM: +16 [/ooc] | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Swarm poison (-2 on d20s and AC)

He died a worthy death and deserves our respect, that's true. But he warned us to touch nothing and take nothing. I don't have anything untainted by the Abyss to preserve or dispose of his remains.

The Exchange

| Init +12-18 | HP: 133|133 | AC: 35 (19 Tch, 34 FF) | CMB +8, CMD 28 | F:+19, R:+16, W:+19 | Per: +25, SM: +22
Buffs:
Longstrider, Ext Magic Vestment x2, Ext Delay Poison, Ant Haul, Planar Infusion 1, Ext Heroism, BBPill
Resources:
Spells: 5|8|5|6|6|5; Reroll 1|1; PT 10|10
Conditions: FoM, Images 3

Lilly reaches out to the crusaders equipment and then pulls her hand back. Perhaps you are right, anything we find here may well be unwholesome.


Knowledge Checks The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

After quickly paying their respects, the heroes dive into the glowing portal.

Arriving in the Abyss, they find that the Rasping Rifts are a bewildering maze of rifts and chasms. Swarms of crawling insects writhe over the canyon walls, and much of the ground is covered with molted husks and dead insects.

Survival Check please. Keep in mind that it is a Wisdom-based skill and the modifiers listed on the rightmost column of Slide 2 apply.

The Exchange

| Init +12-18 | HP: 133|133 | AC: 35 (19 Tch, 34 FF) | CMB +8, CMD 28 | F:+19, R:+16, W:+19 | Per: +25, SM: +22
Buffs:
Longstrider, Ext Magic Vestment x2, Ext Delay Poison, Ant Haul, Planar Infusion 1, Ext Heroism, BBPill
Resources:
Spells: 5|8|5|6|6|5; Reroll 1|1; PT 10|10
Conditions: FoM, Images 3

Lilly looks around for anything that might represent a clue to their direction.

Survival, assist whoever is any good at it: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Knowledge Checks The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

Please also confirm order of march on slide 2; thx!

Scarab Sages

NG Elf Flame Oracle - Fire Elemental (HP 129/129 (DR 5/-, ResistFire 20) | AC 29, Tch 21, FF 17 | CMD 32 | Fort +13, Ref +20 (evasion), Will +13 (+1 ench/fear/conf, +2 death) | Init +12 | Perc +17 | Speed 40' | Spells: Lv1 7/7, Lv2 7/7, Lv3 5/7, Lv4 4/7, Lv5 4/6, Lv6 3/5, Lv7 2/3 ) Active Effects: Elemental Body IV, Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Freedom of Movement, Talisman of Reprieve (+4 Survival/Spellcraft), Divine Favor

Lilly, our highest modifier on Survival is +5... so you might as well be the primary if yours is +5 as well (+9 with the talisman incoming) =)

Teriq winces, as they find themselves in the Rasping Rifts, and the full weight of the Abyssal influences weighs down on him.

"This is even worse than the elemental planes." He growls. "Here, let's see if this will help at all..."

He then proceeds to cast a spell.

Everyone immediately feels the abyssal influences wane.

"Alright, that's a little better." He exclaims. "It is a limited area, but will create a second talisman, for more coverage... for one of those near the front."

OK, Using his extend metamagic rod, he will cast Talisman of Reprieve on a sash around his waist, as well as a second casting on an item of choice for one of those melee types near the front. (Its only a 20' radius, so this will get more coverage).
This will remove all those alignment penalties from the aligned planar stuff.
He will choose the Survival skill as the one attuned to the talisman up front, and Spellcraft for the talisman on himself. So +4 for everyone, to either, if within the area.

Survival Aid another: 1d20 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (17) - 1 + 4 = 20

The Exchange

| Init +12-18 | HP: 133|133 | AC: 35 (19 Tch, 34 FF) | CMB +8, CMD 28 | F:+19, R:+16, W:+19 | Per: +25, SM: +22
Buffs:
Longstrider, Ext Magic Vestment x2, Ext Delay Poison, Ant Haul, Planar Infusion 1, Ext Heroism, BBPill
Resources:
Spells: 5|8|5|6|6|5; Reroll 1|1; PT 10|10
Conditions: FoM, Images 3

In which case that takes me to 27 before any assists

Scarab Sages

NG Elf Flame Oracle - Fire Elemental (HP 129/129 (DR 5/-, ResistFire 20) | AC 29, Tch 21, FF 17 | CMD 32 | Fort +13, Ref +20 (evasion), Will +13 (+1 ench/fear/conf, +2 death) | Init +12 | Perc +17 | Speed 40' | Spells: Lv1 7/7, Lv2 7/7, Lv3 5/7, Lv4 4/7, Lv5 4/6, Lv6 3/5, Lv7 2/3 ) Active Effects: Elemental Body IV, Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Freedom of Movement, Talisman of Reprieve (+4 Survival/Spellcraft), Divine Favor

Once they are ready to move out, Teriq says a few words, and seems to immolate himself, suddenly becoming a fiery version of the elven man you saw moments before.

Turning into a Teriq-shaped fire elemental!

He then reaches into a small pouch that appears to have maintained its form, despite the change, and pulls out a small wooden wand, and activates it.

UMD'ing a wand of mage armor UMD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21. One of these days, I'll figure out how to keep my armor when changing!

He then returns the wand and withdraws his weapon from the same pouch, ready to move on.

Stat line and slides adjusted for new form.

Hmm... might as well cast a Freedom of Movement too, while I'm at it.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Fighter 13 | HP 147/147 | AC 33(31) T 16(14) FF 29(27) | CMB +19, CMD 35 | F: +16(14), R: +13(11), W: +14(12) | Init: +4 | Perc: +17, SM: +16 [/ooc] | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Swarm poison (-2 on d20s and AC)

I use a reach weapon so 1st or 2nd row works for me.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Fighter 13 | HP 147/147 | AC 33(31) T 16(14) FF 29(27) | CMB +19, CMD 35 | F: +16(14), R: +13(11), W: +14(12) | Init: +4 | Perc: +17, SM: +16 [/ooc] | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Swarm poison (-2 on d20s and AC)

Survival, Aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

The Exchange

”Rand” | Male LG Medium Human Unchained Monk 13 | HP 134 (134) | AC 38; T 28; FF 32 | CMD 46| F +13 R +16 W +16; +2 vs. Enchantments | Init +8 | Perc +24 | Speed 70 ft | Ki Pool: 12 (13) | Active Conditions: Barkskin; -1 penalty to AC, d20 rolls, and effect DCs (factored in above).

Survival w/Talisman bonus: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Probably best to keep the talisman on one of the other front liners; I kinda bounce all over the place, and wouldn't want to leave anyone without coverage.

Right after stepping through the portal, Rand took a strip of white cloth and tied it around his face, covering his mouth and nose. He then focused for a moment, holding his hands in odd pose, before his skin hardened and turned a deep forest brown. Nodding to himself, he said, muffled by his mask "I am ready to proceed."

Spending Ki to cast Barkskin on myself. Current AC is 39, and Flat-Footed is 33.

Liberty's Edge

CN Osirian Ranger 2/ Sorc 7/ EK 3/ Hp: 74/79 +19temp/ F:+8 R:+11 W: +7 / CMD: 27 / AC 24, flat 17, touch 13 / Init +5 / Perc. + 20 Speed 30’, Fly 60’ / Spells remaining 7 first, 2 second, 3 third, 3 fourth / Active Conditions: Life Bubble, False Life, darkvision, bull strength, gravity bow, Resist Acid 20, Endure Elements

Tothek adjusts his turban to cover his mouth and nose as well. He will assist Lilliandra with her survival efforts, she seems to know what she’s doing.

Survival check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 (+2 more for the Talisman)

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 87/87 | AC: 33 (28 T, 18 F) | CMD: 37 | F: 14, R: 16, W: 11 | Init: 20 | Perc: 14 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 13/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 2/2 | Reroll 1/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50

Having cast all his really long duration buffs on himself at the beginning of the day, and having no idea how long it will take to reach their goal, Favian declines to cast any more spells on himself. However, once an hour he taps himself with the wand of bestow planar infusion I on himself.


Knowledge Checks The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

Talismans: 280min
With the divine aid of Teriq, the oppressive headache resulting from the cosmic incongruity of the Abyss finally abates, which allows Lilliandra to somehow spot of a winding trail of crushed insect shells amidst the millions that litter the canyon floor.

Talismans: 220min
After 1 hour of travel, the trail leads into a deep canyon. Along the way, you all have a chance to see that Deskari’s death has brought ruin to his kingdom. In the distance, demonic servitors of Deskari tear each other to pieces in a battle for supremacy, paying no mind to the good heroes as they pass by. The once-mighty fortresses of the Rasping Rifts have already begun to crumble to ruin. A thick layer of insect husks blankets the floor of the canyon, crunching underfoot and leaving clear footprints like snow.

Talismans: 190min
After another half an hour of travel through the canyon, the Pathfinders round a sharp corner and come upon a startling sight. An enormous beetle the size of a war galley rears its insectile head in this canyon. Massive, chitinous plates cover every inch of its mighty frame, save for its gaping, toothy maw, which opens into the fleshy and tunnel-like stomach of the beast. You have come upon the Eternal Hive.

Terrain: A thick layer of insect husks covers the ground of this canyon. These shells don’t impede movement, but they do make it easy to track invisible creatures, which leave a trail of disturbed shells in their wake. The boulders depicted on the map are each 10 feet high, and the short ledges both descend 5 feet to the canyon floor. The canyon is narrow here and the east and west edges of the battle map each end in a sheer cliff 100 feet high.

The Eternal Hive's primary body is that of a massive demon beetle, which serves as a protective shell and troop transport for the hive. It has six enormous legs, currently stepping into the blue squares shown on the map. Each leg is 30 feet tall and blocks line of sight for ranged attacks. The central body of the beetle is roughly 55 feet wide with a 15-foot wide mouth. The bottom of the mouth is 20 feet off the ground, and while it stands wide open and no doubt large enough for a medium sized creature to fly within, you can all see a large mass of wriggling worms in it. The massive creature is large enough to allow a medium creature to climb the legs and clamber across the creature’s body to reach its mouth and enter the stomach (Climb DC 30), or they can wait for the beetle to attempt to eat them with its bite attack. On its turn it can extend its neck and make a bite attack anywhere on the map, as well as move its legs to other squares to devastating pounding effect.

GM rolls:

Rand Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Favian Init: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Teriq Init: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Lilly Init: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 4 = 25
Thrag Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Tothek Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Worms Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d2 ⇒ 1

Mass of Worms, Knowledge Nature DC 24:
This is known as a 'Worm That Walks', a hideous hive mind of slithering life— a mass of worms that clings to the vague shape of the body that granted it this new existence, and can wield the powers and magic the spellcaster had in life. A worm that walks retains memories of its life as a spellcaster before its death, but is not undead— it is a hideous new form of undulant life.

Initiative - Round 1 (Bold may go)
Teriq
Lilly
Rand

Worms
Tothek
Favian
Thrag
Beetle Bite
Beetle Legs

The Exchange

| Init +12-18 | HP: 133|133 | AC: 35 (19 Tch, 34 FF) | CMB +8, CMD 28 | F:+19, R:+16, W:+19 | Per: +25, SM: +22
Buffs:
Longstrider, Ext Magic Vestment x2, Ext Delay Poison, Ant Haul, Planar Infusion 1, Ext Heroism, BBPill
Resources:
Spells: 5|8|5|6|6|5; Reroll 1|1; PT 10|10
Conditions: FoM, Images 3

Lilly does not have heightened awareness active so sadly it looks like I go after the worms. I only have a wand of it and would not have burned dozens of charges.

Scarab Sages

NG Elf Flame Oracle - Fire Elemental (HP 129/129 (DR 5/-, ResistFire 20) | AC 29, Tch 21, FF 17 | CMD 32 | Fort +13, Ref +20 (evasion), Will +13 (+1 ench/fear/conf, +2 death) | Init +12 | Perc +17 | Speed 40' | Spells: Lv1 7/7, Lv2 7/7, Lv3 5/7, Lv4 4/7, Lv5 4/6, Lv6 3/5, Lv7 2/3 ) Active Effects: Elemental Body IV, Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Freedom of Movement, Talisman of Reprieve (+4 Survival/Spellcraft), Divine Favor

Teriq would have used another charge off the mage armor wand after the first hour.
They do like these '1 hour between' chapters stuff in these later scenarios... kill off those cheap wand buffs =)

"By the gods..." Teriq mutters incredulously, at the size of the thing before them.

Egads, that's a big bug

Knowledge (nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 I know nothink!

I guess, I win the honors of speeding the party for rolling well on init. =)

"Sarenrae guide are paths and our arms."

Casting Blessing of Fervor... will hit everyone. You can choose which benefit you want at the beginning of each round.
This round, Teriq chooses the bonus to AC and reflex saves options

His fiery form then suddenly sprouts a pair of large flaming wings, that lift him off the ground, for a better view past the boulder in front.

Swift action to activate wings. Then Move action to go up and over a bit.


Knowledge Checks The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)
Lilliandra de Saavedra wrote:
Lilly does not have heightened awareness active so sadly it looks like I go after the worms. I only have a wand of it and would not have burned dozens of charges.

I'm not changing the order... you had a sneaking suspicion to cast it before turning the bend. You're welcome! :)


Knowledge Checks The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)
Teriq Ashfall wrote:
Teriq would have used another charge off the mage armor wand after the first hour.

Completely fine.

The Exchange

| Init +12-18 | HP: 133|133 | AC: 35 (19 Tch, 34 FF) | CMB +8, CMD 28 | F:+19, R:+16, W:+19 | Per: +25, SM: +22
Buffs:
Longstrider, Ext Magic Vestment x2, Ext Delay Poison, Ant Haul, Planar Infusion 1, Ext Heroism, BBPill
Resources:
Spells: 5|8|5|6|6|5; Reroll 1|1; PT 10|10
Conditions: FoM, Images 3

Lilly raises an eyebrow at the sight before her.

Nature, heroism: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 17 + 2 = 31

Oh my, that is rather enormous. That mass of things is a worm that walks people, probably a powerful spellcaster of some sort.

She raises her hands into the air and invokes a simple protective spell before breaking away from firebaall formation.

I am taking the AC bonus from Blessing (and will keep it unless I say otherwise) and then defensively casting shield of faith. I cannot fail the defensive cast check. Then moving as indicated on the map.


Knowledge Checks The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

Lilly realizes that she is almost akin to an ant beside the massive creature, and almost beneath its notice. However the robed worm that walks standing in the massive creature's mouth turns its eyeless stare towards her, leaning on an old staff...

No need to cast defensively as the creature is massive and slow. It can technically reach everywhere on the map, but can only attack actively on its turn. Video game boss time. :)

Scarab Sages

NG Elf Flame Oracle - Fire Elemental (HP 129/129 (DR 5/-, ResistFire 20) | AC 29, Tch 21, FF 17 | CMD 32 | Fort +13, Ref +20 (evasion), Will +13 (+1 ench/fear/conf, +2 death) | Init +12 | Perc +17 | Speed 40' | Spells: Lv1 7/7, Lv2 7/7, Lv3 5/7, Lv4 4/7, Lv5 4/6, Lv6 3/5, Lv7 2/3 ) Active Effects: Elemental Body IV, Life Bubble, Mage Armor, Freedom of Movement, Talisman of Reprieve (+4 Survival/Spellcraft), Divine Favor

Now I have 8-bit nintendo-type music playing in my head.
Does this make Koth'Vaul the 'princess', and the Rasping Rifts the 'castle'? =)

The Exchange

”Rand” | Male LG Medium Human Unchained Monk 13 | HP 134 (134) | AC 38; T 28; FF 32 | CMD 46| F +13 R +16 W +16; +2 vs. Enchantments | Init +8 | Perc +24 | Speed 70 ft | Ki Pool: 12 (13) | Active Conditions: Barkskin; -1 penalty to AC, d20 rolls, and effect DCs (factored in above).

Rand shrugged, then channelled his chi and flew into the beatle's mouth, right next to the robed worm and says "You stuck in here and need some help out?"

Spending a Ki point to activate Wind Jump, which gives me a fly speed equal to my land speed that only works on my turn, then I'll take a total defense action and fly into the mouth.

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 87/87 | AC: 33 (28 T, 18 F) | CMD: 37 | F: 14, R: 16, W: 11 | Init: 20 | Perc: 14 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 13/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 2/2 | Reroll 1/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50

If Favian is attacked in melee before his turn:
Parry: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31 (-2 per size larger than medium)
Riposte: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (13) + 22 = 35 Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Knowledge Checks The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

Make sure you identify all buffs in your taglines and modify the headers accordingly: in battle it's the only place I'll go for information and I won't retcon anything once the action has moved forward. Thank you for your cooperation!

Teriq takes to the air with wings of fire, illuminating the gloomy canyon and issuing a prayer to Sarenrae. In the distance you hear the groan of a thousand demons howling in protest as holy power is called forth into their domain.

Lilly similarly calls forth some divine assistance, but hers do not seem to illicit any response from the Horde, who appears to be indifferent. She steps forward in front of the boulders that were blocking her view of the behemoth, and she locks gaze with a worm-ridden mage who seems at ease within the mouth of the Eternal Hive.

Not giving the fell wizard any time to consider his new mermaid prey any longer, Rand, The Iron Fist, flies like a comet into the monstrous mega-beetle's mouth and land unto its wet tongue precisely. Something about the damp filth stings his feet and calves; not the most damaging acid he's encountered, but a slow burn that should be monitored nonetheless. acid damage at beginning of your next turn: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

Beside Rand now stands a strange being. Although this robed wizard stands and moves like a man, his body is a writhing mass of squirming, slippery worms. His worm-ridden appendages clutch an ancient-looking staff made of the compacted husks of thousands of locusts. Something about the sizzling and popping of the acid upon Rand's feet draws the creature's attention, and the mass of worms that serves as its head tilts forward, as if looking down. A smile seems to appear on its undulating face as one large worm falls, momentarily creating an upturned hole akin to a grin. It steps backwards into the mouth and casts a spell. Within the span of a second the giant beetle's mouth fills with nigh solid acid gas; as if the room had filled with vinegar-infused rice pudding! The stuff would have steeped Rand's every pore if it wasn't for Lilly's life bubble magic! The robed mass of worms disappears from your sight, obscured by the thick, opaque green stinging putty!

Acid Fog: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 no dmg to Rand but other properties below still apply

acid fog, 20' radius; 20' high; inside beetle mouth only with few puffs of fog shooting out between the beetle's teeth:
Acid fog creates a billowing mass of misty vapors like the solid fog spell. In addition to slowing down creatures and obscuring sight, this spell’s vapors are highly acidic. Each round on your turn, starting when you cast the spell, the fog deals 2d6 points of acid damage to each creature and object within it.

solid fog:
This spell functions like fog cloud, but in addition to obscuring sight, the solid fog is so thick that it impedes movement. Creatures moving through a solid fog move at half their normal speed and take a -2 penalty on all melee attack and melee damage rolls. The vapors prevent effective ranged weapon attacks (except for magic rays and the like). A creature cannot take a 5-foot-step while in solid fog.
Unlike normal fog, only a severe wind (31+ mph) disperses these vapors, and it does so in 1 round.

fog cloud:
The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).

As if that wasn't enough, Rand also hears an audible, enormous low frequency rumble, seemingly emanating from the massive demon beetle's stomach. As if in response, tiny rivers of acid begin to ooze out of the drier parts of the Eternal Hive's mouth... could the cathedral-sized creature be... salivating?!

PARTY BUFFS: Blessing of Fervor

Initiative - Round 1 (Bold may go)
Teriq
Lilly
Rand
Worm That Walks
Tothek
Favian
Thrag

Beetle Bite
Beetle Legs

Initiative - Round 2
Teriq
Lilly
Rand -7 [continuous acid dmg; beetle juice]
Worms
Tothek
Favian
Thrag
Beetle Bite
Beetle Legs

Liberty's Edge

CN Osirian Ranger 2/ Sorc 7/ EK 3/ Hp: 74/79 +19temp/ F:+8 R:+11 W: +7 / CMD: 27 / AC 24, flat 17, touch 13 / Init +5 / Perc. + 20 Speed 30’, Fly 60’ / Spells remaining 7 first, 2 second, 3 third, 3 fourth / Active Conditions: Life Bubble, False Life, darkvision, bull strength, gravity bow, Resist Acid 20, Endure Elements

Tothek will use the blessing of fervor to bolster his defenses. ”Ha-ha, a creature of that size can hardly be missed!”

He then calls upon the power inherent in his blood, and fires a lightning bolt 5 ft beyond where he last saw the walking pile of vermin taking refuge in the great beetle’s mouth.

(Yep, cleared this with Rand already).

Lightning Bolt 10d10 + 10 ⇒ (2, 2, 7, 7, 10, 8, 1, 2, 9, 4) + 10 = 62 Reflex DC 16 save for half

Tothek then moves back behind the rocks for cover.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Fighter 13 | HP 147/147 | AC 33(31) T 16(14) FF 29(27) | CMB +19, CMD 35 | F: +16(14), R: +13(11), W: +14(12) | Init: +4 | Perc: +17, SM: +16 [/ooc] | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Swarm poison (-2 on d20s and AC)

Thrag pulls out a potion and knocks it back.

Those are some skinny legs for such a huge beast. Wonder what it would do without them.

He ponders as he rises up.

Pull and drink a potion of Fly. Selecting AC, Reflex, and Tonhit for the Blessing. Five foot fly straight up.

Is it possible to specifically knock out the legs?


Knowledge Checks The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)
Thrag wrote:
Is it possible to specifically knock out the legs?

Based on his experience fighting clockwork machines in the Emerald Spire, Thrag sees a similarity between some of these past foes and the proportionally smaller legs of the monstrous beetle. Reliance on strength in the material to support large weights with a small amount of metal... yes, 'tis a flaw sometimes... Thrag thinks that in this case here, however, one would have to hit extremely hard... much harder than he's even attempted in the past! the plates on the monstrous beetle are massive and very thick... however, Thrag ponders, if the behemoth loses half of its legs...

The Exchange

”Rand” | Male LG Medium Human Unchained Monk 13 | HP 134 (134) | AC 38; T 28; FF 32 | CMD 46| F +13 R +16 W +16; +2 vs. Enchantments | Init +8 | Perc +24 | Speed 70 ft | Ki Pool: 12 (13) | Active Conditions: Barkskin; -1 penalty to AC, d20 rolls, and effect DCs (factored in above).

Reflex Save vs. Lightning Bolt: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 87/87 | AC: 33 (28 T, 18 F) | CMD: 37 | F: 14, R: 16, W: 11 | Init: 20 | Perc: 14 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 13/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 2/2 | Reroll 1/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50

I missed the post about the Talisman of Reprieve. Did someone claim it? If not Favian is almost always up front and would definitely take one.

Blessing: Attack, AC, Reflex

Favian takes a moment to magically bolster his defenses before moving ahead.

Cast shield and move.


Knowledge Checks The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

Tothek blasts the giant beetle's legs with lightning, to no avail. Thrag takes to the air, while Favian conjures a magical shield of force.

Suddenly, two horrific huge creatures emerge from the ground. They appear crafted from some cast-off shells of the demon beetle, appearing like a hideous cross between a spider and a locust. One attacks Lilly while the other goes for Favian.

yellow vs. Lilly
Eye Ray vs. Touch AC 18: 1d4 ⇒ 11d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
Fire dmg; Ref DC 19 for 1/2: 12d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 1, 6, 1, 4, 5, 1, 6) = 36
Bite vs. AC 34: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21 Miss

blue vs. Favian
Eye Ray vs. Touch AC 31: 1d4 ⇒ 11d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 Miss
Bite vs. AC 40: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32 Miss; Parry Missed; -1 AP/AoO

The giant demon beetle decides to swallow her newly acquired snack and tilts its body violently in an attempt to force Rand to slip down into its digestive juices!

giant demon beetle vs. Rand
Gulp! Rand Acrobatics: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26

Rand resists the attempt by adopting a solid martial arts stance, using every surface available to prevent gravity's dirty work.

The monstrous beetle roars in frustration slams its two front legs down in the vicinity of Favian and Tothek, shaking the ground violently!

Favian Ref Save: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
Tothek Ref Save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Both Seekers confidently stay on their feet!

Initiative - Round 2 (Bold may go)
Teriq
Lilly [-36 or -18; RefDC19]
Rand -7 [continuous acid dmg; beetle juice]

Worm That Walks
Tothek
Favian -1 AP
Thrag
Huge locust spiders
Beetle Bite
Beetle Legs

Liberty's Edge

CN Osirian Ranger 2/ Sorc 7/ EK 3/ Hp: 74/79 +19temp/ F:+8 R:+11 W: +7 / CMD: 27 / AC 24, flat 17, touch 13 / Init +5 / Perc. + 20 Speed 30’, Fly 60’ / Spells remaining 7 first, 2 second, 3 third, 3 fourth / Active Conditions: Life Bubble, False Life, darkvision, bull strength, gravity bow, Resist Acid 20, Endure Elements

”Ah, spell resistance. Perfect. sighs Tothek. At least we won’t die of boredom.

51 to 100 of 330 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay for GM PDK's Rasping Rebirth All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.