Tales of a Dying World: Dragoncat's AD&D DARK SUN Campaign

Game Master Dragoncat

An AD&D 2nd Edition campaign set in the dying world of Athas!

Current Date: Day 2, Year of Priest's Defiance, 170th King's Age

The Captain's Map


1 to 50 of 201 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Day 1: High Sun, Year of Priest’s Defiance, 170th King’s Age

Slave Caravan

The first indication that dawn has broken is the grumbling of the massive mekillots towing the argosy. Then comes the tell-tale creaking and groaning of the massive stone-and-wood rollers as the wagon-fortress begins to move.

It’s the same routine as the past week, and perhaps the week before that. Once the wagon begins to move, an hour passes before the guards come around with a paltry meal of gruel and just enough water for their cargo to not go thirsty. Their arrival coincides with uncomfortable headaches—those in the cell with a greater command of psionics find that their efforts to manifest their powers become nigh-impossible. There’s only a single chamber pot in the centre of the cell for all the cargo to share. There’s no ventilation in the cell—the heat and stink within is almost unbearable.

The argosy’s cargo is bound in heavy leather collars and manacles, closed with giant-hair rope and set in the cell’s walls through loops of bone. It’s a decidedly eclectic mix of slaves: a thri-kreen with burnished red chitin and jet black eyes; a towering half-giant who seems to barely fit into the cell; a mul bearing many scars from his time in bondage; a blond elf whose legs have been bound at the ankles; and a woman with orange eyes. Though they were each captured at different points in the trek, all five of them are bound for the same destination—the slave pits of the city-state of Tyr.

Today, things are different. The cargo has been fed and watered this morning, but barely a half-hour has passed before the argosy comes to a sudden stop. The sounds of rapid footsteps outside and above the cargo cell fill the air. The headaches plaguing the psionically-inclined slaves suddenly end.

What will you all do?


N Male Mul Gladiator3 | HP 34/39| AC 8 | DA -2 MDA +1 | PPD 13 RSW 15 PP 14 BW 16 MS 16 | Reaction Adj +1|
Status:
None.

Every day is the same. Khar sits patiently, occasionally trying to stretch and keep his limbs limber as best as he can while bound. Years, and specialized training, have taught him how to stay loose. And how to enjoy routine.

He tries to avoid becoming involved in conversation. Khar knows well that any attempt to communicate makes guards suspicious of their charges attempting escape and finds it easier to stay quiet.

He doesn't react when the vehicle stops or when the guards begin hustling about, other than to crack his neck. Reflexively, he flexes his fingers, wrist, and then arms. Sudden changes in routine bring surprise tests of combat, and he waits quietly to be released and have a weapon handed to him. Hearing the roar of a crowd, or the barking orders of an overseer would be welcome, but he knows he will never again be able to fight for the pleasure of his master.


Male Athenian Elf Preserver (arena mage) 2/psion (mercenary psion)2
Stats:
AC 6 Hp 20 Saves paralyzation, poison, death magic, 13 rod/staff/wand 11 petrification/polymorph 10 breath weapon 15 spell 12 +2 on all saves vs mind affecting effect

Cale frowns, looking around, trying to see if he can spot any of the guards "What in the black is going on out there?" he wonders aloud, then frowns, wondering what this means for them. he listens at the wall, trying to tell if the noises from outside are heading towards them, and if not... he plans to see if he can find out what's going on with his third eye...
claravoiance power check: 1d20 ⇒ 12 16-4=12 POWER SCORE=audio+visual
meant to post this earlier, but as I was about to pass out apparently I just hit preview


Gladiator 3 | HP 64/69 | AC 8 | Vs Par, Poi, Death 13 | Vs Rod, Staff, Wand 15 | Vs Petri, Poly 14 | Vs Breath Weapon 16 | Vs Spells 16 | Init +2 | THAC0 - 15 | Two Handed Sword - 14 | Punching - 14 | Long Spear - 15

The strange feeling behind his eyes stopped, and Crow turned his eyes upwards as the sound of feet above became louder and more active. That was not a common sound, but the cause seemed obvious enough. Attacks were hardly uncommon. Still, no one has told him he needed to fight, and so he remained seated, hunched and crosslegged, simply flexing a muscle group at a time to stop from stiffening up.


Female Human Psionicist (Beastmaster) 3 | 24/24 HP | 50/50 PSPs | AC 10 | Reaction Adj. +5 (+3 with city-dwellers)

The orange-eyed woman glances to one side, then the other, as the interruption changes the wagon's routine.

"Can someone break these leather thongs?" she finally asks. "Something's happening outside. This might be our one chance at a break."


N Male Mul Gladiator3 | HP 34/39| AC 8 | DA -2 MDA +1 | PPD 13 RSW 15 PP 14 BW 16 MS 16 | Reaction Adj +1|
Status:
None.

"If we break them, they will beat us," Khar says simply. "It is better to remain compliant." His voice is monotone and he stares at nothing, rotely repeating a refrain drilled into him.

He blinks and looks at the human woman. "They are just outside. Where would you go if you were freed? Why would you wish to leave your masters?" One could assume he was asking himself those questions, rather than the woman with orange eyes.


Female Human Psionicist (Beastmaster) 3 | 24/24 HP | 50/50 PSPs | AC 10 | Reaction Adj. +5 (+3 with city-dwellers)

The woman's gaze softens slightly and she says, "Perhaps it was different for you, but my life was my own before these malakes grabbed me and threw me into bindings. I could wander where I liked and earn my daily water for myself. I have no wish to be sold into bondage in some city or used as an offering for the Dragon's Levy. Freedom is always dangerous and unpredictable, but I would prefer it to the monotony of daily toil for some 'master,' even if that life is predictable."


Cale's Clairvoyance/Clairaudience:
You focus your Will inward, finding your centre. At that moment in time, despite your deplorable surroundings and predicament, you find a perfect balance--normally, when you turned your Sight outward, you would see the world, but not hear it. This time, you manage to attune your ears to the world outside.

You see the argosy you're kept in, from a kes'tre'kel's eye view. You see the mekillots, lashed together. They're standing quite still. You see the many soldiers of the wagon-fortress rushing to the battlements, bearing obsidian blades and crudely-constructed bows--nothing like Sky Singer craftsmanship.

You see the bald, hard-eyed captain of this wagon-fortress standing behind the mekillot handler--a dark-skinned, well-dressed human. He's yelling--and you see whom he's yelling at.

Elves. An entire tribe of elves. They surround the argosy, bearing bone swords and arrows. They are not of your tribe, the Sky Singers--these elves bear different markings. Their armour is covered in sharp-looking bone spikes, and each of their faces is painted with a grey stripe across their hateful, glee-filled eyes. One of them wears a helmet fashioned from burnished grey metal, adorned with spikes and fashioned to look like a monster's jaws. He points a notched steel long sword at the caravan. He must be their warchief.

Your senses pick up the conversation/exchanged threats of the captain and the warchief.

"SLAVERS OF URIK! PAWNS OF HAMANU!" The warchief bellows. "THE JURA-DAI ARE NOT! AND SHALL NEVER BE! YOUR SLAVES! YOU WILL RELEASE OUR PEOPLE, OR DIE IN THIS DESERT!"

"YOU THINK WE'RE SCARED OF YOU?!" The captain bellows back. "WE'VE GOT MORE THAN ENOUGH MEN AND POWER HERE TO BUTCHER YOU ALL! YOUR TRIBE WILL NEVER STAND AGAINST THE LION OF URIK! THE MASTER OF THE WORLD!"

This is bound to end poorly--for one side or the other. But it might be your only chance of escape.


NG F Ranger 2/Fire Cleric 2/Tribal Psionicist 2 | HP 21/24 | PSP 83/93 | AC 2 | PPD 10 RSW 14 PP 10 BW 16 S 15 | Reaction Adj +0| Status: none

dotting for now, will post later


Male Athenian Elf Preserver (arena mage) 2/psion (mercenary psion)2
Stats:
AC 6 Hp 20 Saves paralyzation, poison, death magic, 13 rod/staff/wand 11 petrification/polymorph 10 breath weapon 15 spell 12 +2 on all saves vs mind affecting effect

Can I see which tribe they are? I drop the power quickly upon finding what's going on
"Elves, lots of them" he mutters "not my tribe...looks serious" he says as he comes back to focusing his mind on what's going on around him.


Cale: The tribe's warchief appeared to identify themselves as 'the Jura-Dai'. It's not a tribe you've heard of before. They're certainly not one the Sky Singers have had dealings with, to your knowledge.


Gladiator 3 | HP 64/69 | AC 8 | Vs Par, Poi, Death 13 | Vs Rod, Staff, Wand 15 | Vs Petri, Poly 14 | Vs Breath Weapon 16 | Vs Spells 16 | Init +2 | THAC0 - 15 | Two Handed Sword - 14 | Punching - 14 | Long Spear - 15

Crow frowned a little. He understood the general idea, that slaves would choose to escape, but the thought had never really been one he'd bothered with. He was a slave. Fighting was his task. He did his task well and he was fed, watered and sheltered. Beatings happened too, of course, but those were mostly easy to ignore. A switch did very little to him, and he healed fast.

But..."If all the guards are killed, who will feed us?" Crow's brow ridged as he frowned, attempting to understand this new problem. He was sure that the guards didn't make the food, but he wasn't terribly certain where it did come from.


Female Human Psionicist (Beastmaster) 3 | 24/24 HP | 50/50 PSPs | AC 10 | Reaction Adj. +5 (+3 with city-dwellers)

”We find our own food and water. The caravan must have some supplies - we take what we can and run. If we get away, we try to find a place where we can hunt and find water, or make it to a town,” the woman explains.


N Male Mul Gladiator3 | HP 34/39| AC 8 | DA -2 MDA +1 | PPD 13 RSW 15 PP 14 BW 16 MS 16 | Reaction Adj +1|
Status:
None.

"That sounds terrifying." Khar tells Laurelin. And a little thrilling. He dismisses her other statements for the time being, certain it doesn't apply to him.

When Crow asks his question about food, the mul sighs. "Why would elves attack us? Frustrating creatures, but they tire easily. I suppose we might need to...how did the human put it? Oh. We might need to 'earn' our food." He begins to strain against his bindings.

BB/LG vs 60: 1d100 ⇒ 30


NG F Ranger 2/Fire Cleric 2/Tribal Psionicist 2 | HP 21/24 | PSP 83/93 | AC 2 | PPD 10 RSW 14 PP 10 BW 16 S 15 | Reaction Adj +0| Status: none

Ick-tk-chk-ka was trained in the "words" of the mammal races. She was meant to rule her tribe before it was slaughtered and was trained in the language should she be required to parlay with their tribes. She hadn't spoken the language after being captured because forming the words in her mandibles felt wrong. Breaking her silence finally, "We can easily find enough food and water in the wilderness. It is better than being food here."

Ick-tk-chk-ka sensed that this was her chance to escape while her captors were distracted. She focused her mind.

Enhanced Str vs Wis 19: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (6) - 6 = 0

Feeling her limbs swelling with the power of her Will Ick-tk-chk-ka struggles against her bonds.

Bend Bars vs 60%: 1d100 ⇒ 50


Male Athenian Elf Preserver (arena mage) 2/psion (mercenary psion)2
Stats:
AC 6 Hp 20 Saves paralyzation, poison, death magic, 13 rod/staff/wand 11 petrification/polymorph 10 breath weapon 15 spell 12 +2 on all saves vs mind affecting effect

"I know not why they are attacking. They are not a tribe I am familiar with, I think they called themselves 'the Jura-Dai'. Regardless, this is a time where either we act, or no matter who wins out there, we loose."" he says firmly, wishing he knew a power that would help him escape.


Female Human Psionicist (Beastmaster) 3 | 24/24 HP | 50/50 PSPs | AC 10 | Reaction Adj. +5 (+3 with city-dwellers)

"If the two sides fight, maybe we can swipe some water and make our escape in the chaos," suggests the human woman.

"Assuming one of you can break me free!"


NG F Ranger 2/Fire Cleric 2/Tribal Psionicist 2 | HP 21/24 | PSP 83/93 | AC 2 | PPD 10 RSW 14 PP 10 BW 16 S 15 | Reaction Adj +0| Status: none

@Sorcerer-Cat are the Jura-Dai the elves that destroyed my tribe? She might not recognize the name but just thinking ahead.


@Ick-tk-chk-ka: The Jura-Dai aren't the elves that destroyed your tribe. Their name is unfamiliar.

Those of the cargo who struggle against their bonds find that the leather cuffs restraining them refuse to be broken so easily.

The same, however, cannot be said of the loops holding them.

The bone loops securing the manacles of Khar & Ick-tk-chk-ka break with a mighty *CRACK*.

The sounds of conversation and footsteps suddenly stop.

And then the screaming starts.

There are two doors leading into the cargo cell--and those within know that they're both barred from the outside.


NG F Ranger 2/Fire Cleric 2/Tribal Psionicist 2 | HP 21/24 | PSP 83/93 | AC 2 | PPD 10 RSW 14 PP 10 BW 16 S 15 | Reaction Adj +0| Status: none

Ick-tk-chk-ka needed to find a new tribe. She had unsuccessfully joined another group of thri-kreen. She hadn't considered it until now but perhaps these mammals could be her tribe. The mul and half-giant yearned for what they called a master, perhaps they would accept a chief instead. The human seemed to know how to survive, she would make a good lieutenant. The elf... he could be useful as a meal if the hunt grows thin.

Free of the chains that bound her Ick-tk-chk-ka made use of her claws and cut at the leather straps holding the human. If time allows and the others are not free yet she start on Crow's bonds then Cale's. If her hands aren't free enough yet she'll bite at the leather still binding her.


The thri-kreen's claws are sharp enough to free the human's bonds.


Gladiator 3 | HP 64/69 | AC 8 | Vs Par, Poi, Death 13 | Vs Rod, Staff, Wand 15 | Vs Petri, Poly 14 | Vs Breath Weapon 16 | Vs Spells 16 | Init +2 | THAC0 - 15 | Two Handed Sword - 14 | Punching - 14 | Long Spear - 15

Bend Bars: 1d100 ⇒ 81

Crow looked at the bonds and gave them a half-hearted tug. They certainly didn't break. He shrugged. Perhaps he was meant to stay here, for now.


After the thri-kreen frees the woman, Crow's bonds are the next to go.

Before she can work on the elf's, a series of hurried footsteps can be heard running to the western cargo cell door.


N Male Mul Gladiator3 | HP 34/39| AC 8 | DA -2 MDA +1 | PPD 13 RSW 15 PP 14 BW 16 MS 16 | Reaction Adj +1|
Status:
None.

Khar moves to the western door and raises his hands to the sky, knowing the thri-kreen's claws will slice through the leather manacles in due time. "Disarm any who open the door," he says as if it was actually that easy for everyone to do.


Male Athenian Elf Preserver (arena mage) 2/psion (mercenary psion)2
Stats:
AC 6 Hp 20 Saves paralyzation, poison, death magic, 13 rod/staff/wand 11 petrification/polymorph 10 breath weapon 15 spell 12 +2 on all saves vs mind affecting effect

Cale curses quietly under his breath at the sounds of approach "well s%&&, it looks like they weren't as distracted as we hoped. Perhaps the guards expect us to fight for them... or maybe they've already lost." . The last option is said even more quietly than the rest as though having only then occurred to him.


Gladiator 3 | HP 64/69 | AC 8 | Vs Par, Poi, Death 13 | Vs Rod, Staff, Wand 15 | Vs Petri, Poly 14 | Vs Breath Weapon 16 | Vs Spells 16 | Init +2 | THAC0 - 15 | Two Handed Sword - 14 | Punching - 14 | Long Spear - 15

Break Bars: 1d100 ⇒ 43

Rubbing his wrists and standing, albeit bent in half, Crow reached out tore Khar's bonds apart. "If we must fight these strangers, then warriors should be..." He paused, brow furrowing as the bonds tore, clearly trying to work out how to put this correctly, "Free?"


There's a *CLUNK* from beyond the western door, and the door flies open. The sounds of arrows flying through the air, indistinct orders being shouted and the clash of blades, grinding against each other in mortal combat.

Standing in the doorway is a dark-skinned, bald human with a black scarf over his mouth. His clothing appears to be of decent make--a full grey tunic and pants spun from Athasian cotton, with a pair of leather riding boots on his feet. There's a short sword made of obsidian on his belt. You've seen this man many times around mealtime--he always lingered behind the guards as they fed you, focusing his Will on each of you to keep you in line.

His eyes widen when he sees who's standing in the doorway.

"Hey, are any of you good with a weapon?!"


N Male Mul Gladiator3 | HP 34/39| AC 8 | DA -2 MDA +1 | PPD 13 RSW 15 PP 14 BW 16 MS 16 | Reaction Adj +1|
Status:
None.

The sounds of combat cause Khar's heart to thump a little faster and he feels the total confidence of knowing his skills will prove to be useful. He looks at the man and nods. "Yes. Point us towards the threat."


NG F Ranger 2/Fire Cleric 2/Tribal Psionicist 2 | HP 21/24 | PSP 83/93 | AC 2 | PPD 10 RSW 14 PP 10 BW 16 S 15 | Reaction Adj +0| Status: none

Ick-tk-chk-ka's antennas twitched with irritation at the slaver and the Mul's eagerness to appease him. "Why help them? They have set us to rot. I have no love for elves but when on a hunt and you spy a dune reaper and a mastyrial fighting you don't fight on one side or the other. You remain unseen and maybe when one side is triumphant but grievously injured you finish the beast." She points to the human, "We should kill him and leave quitely."


N Male Mul Gladiator3 | HP 34/39| AC 8 | DA -2 MDA +1 | PPD 13 RSW 15 PP 14 BW 16 MS 16 | Reaction Adj +1|
Status:
None.

Khar blushes, realizing that the others are looking for something more than just the thrill of combat. His confidence crashes as he becomes unsure of his next move. He glances at the orange-eyed woman, already sure he knows she supports the thri-kreen's frame of mind.

Why am I worried about what the other slaves think of me? I could fight on their behalf. They would appreciate my skills, surely.

Punch THAC0 18: 18 - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ 18 - (7) + 3 = 14

He tries to throw a punch, but his swing goes wide. Either indecision or his programming holds him back from landing the blow. "Drop your sword and flee while you can," he sneers at the guard.


Actually, Khar, that hits.

Punch Damage: 1d2 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Khar's punch starts wide, but evidently the slaver wasn't expecting someone to attack him. The mul's fist connects squarely with his jaw, sending the man spinning.

He staggers for a couple of feet, trying to force himself to stay up before his leg gives out and he collapses.

The sounds of battle rage overhead. No one appears to have noticed him fall.


Female Human Psionicist (Beastmaster) 3 | 24/24 HP | 50/50 PSPs | AC 10 | Reaction Adj. +5 (+3 with city-dwellers)

The orange-eyed woman rattles the bone link that holds her leather thongs, her hands still bound.


NG F Ranger 2/Fire Cleric 2/Tribal Psionicist 2 | HP 21/24 | PSP 83/93 | AC 2 | PPD 10 RSW 14 PP 10 BW 16 S 15 | Reaction Adj +0| Status: none

Laurelin was the first person Icky freed, in order of her preferred pecking order for her new tribe. ;) Laurelin > Khar > Crow > Cale.

Cale let me know if I'm getting obnoxious with the elf hate.


N Male Mul Gladiator3 | HP 34/39| AC 8 | DA -2 MDA +1 | PPD 13 RSW 15 PP 14 BW 16 MS 16 | Reaction Adj +1|
Status:
None.

Any internal conflict in Khar's mind is quieted for a moment after the guard goes down. He bends over and grabs the sword. Urikite obsidian. This will do nicely.. He takes up a defensive stance and looks to the thri-kreen expectantly.

He will be using his one-handed style specialization for a +1 AC for the time being.


Female Human Psionicist (Beastmaster) 3 | 24/24 HP | 50/50 PSPs | AC 10 | Reaction Adj. +5 (+3 with city-dwellers)

First time I saw the post it seemed to say that Ick had let out Crow.

The human woman practically leaps to her feet. She grabs the scarf from the man and says hurriedly, "Put an end to him! He's a slaver and a psychic. If he wakes up we're in serious trouble! And see if his boots fit. If we have to run across the wastes..."


Gladiator 3 | HP 64/69 | AC 8 | Vs Par, Poi, Death 13 | Vs Rod, Staff, Wand 15 | Vs Petri, Poly 14 | Vs Breath Weapon 16 | Vs Spells 16 | Init +2 | THAC0 - 15 | Two Handed Sword - 14 | Punching - 14 | Long Spear - 15

Looking down at his feet, Crow stared at the boots for a moment. "They don't." Flexing his hands with a series of clicks, Crow began to move to the exit. Guards getting beaten up wasn't as normal as slaves, but masters were carpracious. Carnipricious? Something to do with being moody sods. Slaves, guards, servants - all took beatings when the master was bored.

Still, if he was going to be on his feet, better to not be hunched over for a bit. Might as well feet the sun.


NG F Ranger 2/Fire Cleric 2/Tribal Psionicist 2 | HP 21/24 | PSP 83/93 | AC 2 | PPD 10 RSW 14 PP 10 BW 16 S 15 | Reaction Adj +0| Status: none

Ick-tk-chk-ka looks to Cale and then to the unconscious slaver, she chooses to let Cale out. But says, "He'll be a problem if we don't take care of him." She pauses and twitches her antennas quixotically, "What are boots?" Not wasting time she ventures outside to assess the danger and possible escape routes.


Male Athenian Elf Preserver (arena mage) 2/psion (mercenary psion)2
Stats:
AC 6 Hp 20 Saves paralyzation, poison, death magic, 13 rod/staff/wand 11 petrification/polymorph 10 breath weapon 15 spell 12 +2 on all saves vs mind affecting effect

So far you're fine on the elf hate! this is our first meeting and I honestly don't know if Cale has noticed yet. I would like to keep my eyes out for spell components if we get around to looting. "does he have just the one sword or does he have anything else of use? my psionics can be used to enhance weaponry


Female Human Psionicist (Beastmaster) 3 | 24/24 HP | 50/50 PSPs | AC 10 | Reaction Adj. +5 (+3 with city-dwellers)

The orange-eyed woman checks the man for any keys or small, hidden items, then says, ”C’mon, let’s see if we can find some water or supplies before we try to escape into the desert.”

She briefly glances at the man’s boots, expecting them to be too large for her feet.


The slaver's boots do seem a bit too large for Laurelin's feet.

As the group emerges from the cargo cell, the sun's glare momentarily blinds them. Dozens of splintered arrows lie around the argosy's corridors. There's a fleshy-sounding *THWACK* from one of the firing decks above them, followed by a cry of pain. A harsh pounding comes from somewhere outside the argosy--it sounds like someone trying to get in and failing.

A harsh *crackling* sound starts to fill the air.

The Argosy's Interior.

Where will you go first?


NG F Ranger 2/Fire Cleric 2/Tribal Psionicist 2 | HP 21/24 | PSP 83/93 | AC 2 | PPD 10 RSW 14 PP 10 BW 16 S 15 | Reaction Adj +0| Status: none

we're starting in F?


Yep. You're starting out of Room F. Rooms A, B, C, D and E are available for exploration--or you can try to leave by one of the nearby exit doors.


Male Athenian Elf Preserver (arena mage) 2/psion (mercenary psion)2
Stats:
AC 6 Hp 20 Saves paralyzation, poison, death magic, 13 rod/staff/wand 11 petrification/polymorph 10 breath weapon 15 spell 12 +2 on all saves vs mind affecting effect

Do we know if we're the only slaves on board? Do we know anything already?


NG F Ranger 2/Fire Cleric 2/Tribal Psionicist 2 | HP 21/24 | PSP 83/93 | AC 2 | PPD 10 RSW 14 PP 10 BW 16 S 15 | Reaction Adj +0| Status: none

Move Silently vs 26: 1d100 ⇒ 27

missed it by 1, lol

Ick-tk-chk-ka tries to move down the corridor quietly but can't help but click clack her exoskeleton against the floor. When she arrives at the first door A she listens. If she doesn't hear anything she'll open it but if she does then she'll signal her companions before she opens it.


You are the only slaves aboard this slave caravan.

You know the following pieces of information from overhearing chatting guards or investigations using psionics:

Room A: The main cargo hold. This room serves double duty as an armory: it has lots of weapons inside.

Room B: The crew quarters. The guards take shifts on patrol--the rest sleep here.

Room C: The mekillot handler's quarters. He had a habit of rubbing ceramic pieces together when excited or nervous--he might have more here.

Room D: The captain's quarters. He's been known to confiscate magical paraphernalia and keep them here--including spellbooks.

Room E: The kitchen. This is where all the food and drink is kept on the argosy.


The thri-kreen finds the door to be unlocked.

Inside this room are many racks of obsidian weapons--bastard swords, short swords, battle axes daggers are all kept on them. A few of the racks are empty.

Several bone arrowheads are sticking through the ceiling.


N Male Mul Gladiator3 | HP 34/39| AC 8 | DA -2 MDA +1 | PPD 13 RSW 15 PP 14 BW 16 MS 16 | Reaction Adj +1|
Status:
None.

Khar looks at the unconscious man. If they wish me to be free, then I will choose not to slaughter someone unarmed and helpless, perhaps this will help them understand the folly of their actions, he thinks as he follows the thri-kreen into the cargo area. "Half-giant! In here!" Khar calls to Crow as he finds an obsidian bastard sword to pair with the short sword he has already grabbed. "We should make for the food stores," he says testing the balance of his new weapon.

Any armor/armor pieces? Ranged weapons are probably deployed?


Unfortunately, no armor pieces appear to be present. All the ranged weapons are likely deployed by the argosy's defenders.


Gladiator 3 | HP 64/69 | AC 8 | Vs Par, Poi, Death 13 | Vs Rod, Staff, Wand 15 | Vs Petri, Poly 14 | Vs Breath Weapon 16 | Vs Spells 16 | Init +2 | THAC0 - 15 | Two Handed Sword - 14 | Punching - 14 | Long Spear - 15

Lumbering into the room, Crow looked over the weapons, not anticipating one that would be useful for someone his size. Those took a lot of materials. Still, anything was possible, and there was always the chance of using a sword blade to make a spear later.


Female Human Psionicist (Beastmaster) 3 | 24/24 HP | 50/50 PSPs | AC 10 | Reaction Adj. +5 (+3 with city-dwellers)

The orange-eyed woman keeps an eye out for a storeroom, some place with food or water, perhaps bags or containers.

"We should grab supplies, maybe see if we can find a map," she notes.

1 to 50 of 201 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of a Dying World: Dragoncat's AD&D DARK SUN Campaign Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.