[PFS / GameDay8 / GMGlyn]6-07 Valley of Veiled Flame (Inactive)

Game Master GHembree

Correct Map and Handout


151 to 200 of 201 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Smarmy quickly gives up trying to open the locked door.

Truddig leads the group to the western hallway.

The southern door leads to a kitchen with countertops lining all the walls of this room except in the southwest corner, where a large iron oven stands. The room is currently empty but for the foodstuffs that are arrayed across the counters as if abandoned partway through preparation.

The western doors lead to the palaces west wing, again this leads away from the main hall and is only likely to waste time.

The western hallway north doors open to reveal a room with two iron stakes planted into the ground, each attached to a heavy iron chain and even thicker collars. Two savaged corpses lie in the middle of the room, their humanoid shapes barely recognizable. Scorch and claw marks blemish this room’s once-burnished bronze walls.

DC20 perception:
A flagstone along the northeast wall draws your attention as you realize it is a secret door that pivots open to form a 10-foot-wide opening.

Explore the side rooms has taken several minutes, now only the main hall to the north is left.

Status:
(Conditions Flag: +1 morale to hit&dam )

Oloch: 2 dam (DR20/fire duration 66 min)
Naevys:
Costantin: (blur 20% miss dur: 3min)
Smarmy:
Truddig:

Silver Crusade

Male LN Dwarven Ranger 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +7 +6, R: +8 +7, W: +6 +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM +6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: cloak of resistance +1

Perception DC 20: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Truddig approaches a flagstone in the northeast wall. "I think this is a secret door. Smarmy, want to check to see if it's trapped?"

Also, if we wanted to go back to the locked doors, you can Take 20 on Disable Device to open locks (if we're not rushed).

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Rogue 7

"Oh, a wonderful idea!" Smarmy exclaims, inwardly scowling.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21

He takes a moment to check it out, more concerned with the claw marks on the walls.

"Its fine." He finally says. (assuming it is) "But I'm sure you already knew that."

"Just as I'm sure you're wondering what made these marks, and where they are now?" He adds.

If there's fiery stuff around, we should prep for that. I know we got a potion of resist fire from an earlier encounter, but just the one. Anyone have other options?

Silver Crusade

Male CN Half Orc Warpriest of Gorum 7 half-orc| HP: 60/60 | AC: 21 (11 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | [/ooc] | Spells: 1st 3/2 2nd: 2/2 3rd 1/1 | [ooc]Active conditions: None.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Grand Lodge

Truddig finds a secret door.

Smarmy and Oloch both swear the door isn't trapped.

Smarmy thinks maybe a dragon or drake made the marks, but it doesn't look like it is here currently.

Dark Archive

Female CN Tiefling Pistolero 1/ Spellslinger Wizard 1/Myrmidarch Magus 3 | HP 26/39 | AC 18/T 13/FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool 2/5 | Grit 2/2 |Active conditions: Longshot |
Spells:
Wiz 1st Grease,Mudball Magus 0th Acid Splash,Light,Detect Magic 1st Burning Hands,Longshot,Snowball

So, you think maybe a dragon or a drake? Mind if I take a look?
Perception to examine the marks, Kn(Arcana) to know about the creature(s) that made them
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Kn(Arcana): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Grand Lodge

examining the marks and droppings Naevys is pretty sure there was a pair of flame drakes keep here until recently.

Dark Archive

Female CN Tiefling Pistolero 1/ Spellslinger Wizard 1/Myrmidarch Magus 3 | HP 26/39 | AC 18/T 13/FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool 2/5 | Grit 2/2 |Active conditions: Longshot |
Spells:
Wiz 1st Grease,Mudball Magus 0th Acid Splash,Light,Detect Magic 1st Burning Hands,Longshot,Snowball

Looks like Flame Drakes - maybe two of them? I'm guessing they will be waiting for us in the next room with Tygora. We have one potion of Resist Energy - anyone mind if I take it?

Silver Crusade

Male LN Dwarven Ranger 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +7 +6, R: +8 +7, W: +6 +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM +6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: cloak of resistance +1

"Go for it." Truddig taps his bow. "I should be staying away from the scrum as best I can, myself, anyway."

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Rogue 7

Smarmy almost scowls, but nods instead. "Oh, a wonderful idea. You should protect yourself, indeed."

He will open the secret door, when the others appear ready to go on.

Grand Lodge

Milord tries to hold Peaches and tend his wound, but the dog is trying to pull him into the woods. Milord fails to stop the dog’s bleeding.

Meanwhile, Hamarel kicks back two healing potions that fully heals his wounds and stops his bleeding.

Eventually Peaches stops bleeding natural or through Medicine checks, before he bleeds out.

The dog leads Milord, Hamarel and the others a short way into the woods where you discover Haru standing and staring blankly, not responding, as a bloodseeker sucks blood from her neck.

The group quickly drive the bloated insect off and snap Haru out of her trance. Haru recalls little rom after she entered the woods, much less how she got here. She points to a concealed door that appears to lead into an underground tunnel.

Unable to accompany your group, Haru hands you gear that might help a cold iron dagger, and two vials of holy water, as well as an empty vial that once held holy water. She and Peaches head back to town.

GM’s Notes: counts as 2 treasure bundles.

Your group has a chance to take any preparations or before opening the door.

Rolls:

Peaches flat DC15 check to stop bleeding: 7d20 ⇒ (11, 7, 13, 5, 8, 7, 19) = 70

Status:

Hamarel (Drained 2)
Mic’al
Bron
Milord
Imiriax

Silver Crusade

Male LN Dwarven Ranger 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +7 +6, R: +8 +7, W: +6 +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM +6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: cloak of resistance +1

Wrong game?

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Rogue 7

Heh... ya, looks like someone switched tables =)

Grand Lodge

Oops!! Sorry posted to wrong game form. I guess I should post your group's message in the other game form to balance the error out.

Grand Lodge

Naevys thinks the flame drakes might be in the next room, and she prepares to drink the resist fire energy potion.

Truddig doesn't object to Naevys using the potion.

Smarmy opens the secret door!

Bronze walls sweep to the east and west, framing a magnificent throne room decorated with metallic mosaics that seem to shimmer and glow with their own incandescence. The throne itself is a large chiseled mass of obsidian, and it rests upon a solid brass dais shaped like a fiery sun. Tygora the efreeti queen sits upon her throne with four bound prisoners as hostages, three are the missing pathfinders and the fourth is the oread councilor Glaheri.

A lone fire mephit flitters about the room as well.

As your group enters, Tygora stands and motions for you to stop, ”Halt! You have proven yourself honorable-rivals and I will treat with you. You have bested by guards and defenses, while you have legitimate grievances, I propose a nonviolent resolution to the situation. I will free your friends and you all may leave the city.”

DC15 Sense Motive:
One of the Pathfinder prisoners is using Society hand signals for “Trap”.

Tygora’s eyes are gravitating towards the bound Pathfinder.

Status:
(Conditions Flag: +1 morale to hit&dam )

Oloch: 2 dam (DR20/fire duration 66 min)
Naevys: (DR10/Fire duration 30min)
Costantin: (blur 20% miss dur: 3min)
Smarmy:
Truddig:

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Rogue 7

Are the drakes here?

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 CMD 13 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +7 | Init +8(9)* | Perc +9 | SM +17* | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5 level 2 1/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 7/16

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 1 = 22

Constantin's violet eyes flicker briefly to his bound comrade as his grip tightens on the flag.

"I fear that you mistake my friends for fools.
Too well we've learned the worth of your fine words."

Dark Archive

Female CN Tiefling Pistolero 1/ Spellslinger Wizard 1/Myrmidarch Magus 3 | HP 26/39 | AC 18/T 13/FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool 2/5 | Grit 2/2 |Active conditions: Longshot |
Spells:
Wiz 1st Grease,Mudball Magus 0th Acid Splash,Light,Detect Magic 1st Burning Hands,Longshot,Snowball

You wish to free our friends and in return, you will leave the city permanently? I suspect it's occupants will not wish you to return given their rather dim view of your actions so far as leader, Tygora. What assurances do we have that you will treat honestly? Your methods here do not speak well to your ... forthrightness.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Naevys moves into the room, toward one of the captive Pathfinders.

I rather expect, in fact, that you will not live up to any bargain you make here and will instead betray your agreement at the first opportunity. I enjoy a good trap as much as the next, but I think you overestimate your chances here.

She turns to her comrades. This is quite obviously a trap

Naevys will spend a swift action to enhance her pistol with her Arcana pool and then cast Snowball through it, firing at Tygora.

+2 Pistol with Point Blank and Precise Shot vs Touch AC: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 = 18, Magic, Piercing and Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
Snowball: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 4, 1) = 13 cold damage.

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Rogue 7

sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Smarmy frowns for a moment, at the signal from the Pathfinder, but quickly replaces it with an unctuous smile.

He wasn't sure about the others, but traps came in two flavors, not all just strategic.

He glanced around the room, trying to determine if something else was going on.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 (+2 with Stonecunning)

Silver Crusade

Male CN Half Orc Warpriest of Gorum 7 half-orc| HP: 60/60 | AC: 21 (11 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | [/ooc] | Spells: 1st 3/2 2nd: 2/2 3rd 1/1 | [ooc]Active conditions: None.

oloch cast Efortless armor on him and as swift action use sacred armor to increase his armor

Grand Lodge

Smarmy doesn’t see any drakes here.

Constantin banters with Tygora.

Naevys doubts Tygora’s honestly and is convinced it is a trap as she steps forth and fires a snowball covered bullet at Tygora hitting her dead on wounding her.

Smarmy glances around the room and notices the stonework under the prisoners is slightly different, probably some sort of pressure plate.

Oloch cast a magic to lighten and enhance his armor before moving up to threaten Tygora.

”Fools you will all die!” stepping back she cast wall of fire to cut off the group and then a quickened scorching rays two rays hit Oloch and one critically hits Naevys. The fire just washes over Oloch doing no damage, not so for Naevys but not all gets through.

The wall of fire is an Opaque blazing curtain of shimmering fire Constantin, Smarmy and Truddig take a little damage from the walls heat.

The fire Mephit flys through the wall of fire and unleashes a fire breath weapon on Constantin, Smarmy and Truddig.
Constantin, Smarmy, and Truddig roll a Reflex DC13 for half dam

Rolls:

in wall of fire damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 1) + 11 = 13
10ft of wall of fire damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
20ft of wall of fire damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Tygora vs Oloch
Scorching ray: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 to hit touch
fire damge: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 3, 4) = 19

Tygora vs Oloch
Scorching ray: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 to hit touch
fire damge: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 6, 2) = 15

Tygora vs Naevys
Scorching ray: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 to hit touch
fire damge: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 1, 3) = 10
Possaible Critical
To confirm Critical: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 to hit touch
extra fire damge: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 1, 6) = 13

fire breath Mephit 15ft cone: 1d8 ⇒ 5 fire

Status:
(Conditions Flag: +1 morale to hit&dam )

Oloch: 2 dam (DR20/fire duration 66 min, Efortless armor, +1 AC)
Naevys: +13 dam (DR10/Fire duration 30min)
Constantin: +3+5? dam (blur 20% miss dur: 3min) Relex DC13 for half
Smarmy: +7+5? dam Relex DC13 for half
Truddig: +7+5? dam Relex DC13 for half

Tygora: +5+13 = 18 dam

Everyone my act.

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Rogue 7

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 (with evasion, no damage)

Smarmy curses quietly to himself at Naevys' foolishness, as the wall of flame cuts off the majority of the party.

How high up is the mephit? Within reach?

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 CMD 13 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +7 | Init +8(9)* | Perc +9 | SM +17* | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5 level 2 1/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 7/16

Constantin grits his teeth and dives through the wall of flame* crying out to his companions to fight using his link with his familiar to weave spells in as well, conjuring a blinding flash of glitter across Tyvora's face! Glitterdust DC 16

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Evasion!

Inspire Courage is up, so everyone gets +2/+2. And if you're within 30' of Constantin and can see him you get another +1/+1
*after bidding a quick adieu to Petros, who stays behind. The bunny is the current source of the Courage (though Constantin is still talking too), which costs me 2 rounds/round, but frees Constantin up to take care of some casting!

Dark Archive

Female CN Tiefling Pistolero 1/ Spellslinger Wizard 1/Myrmidarch Magus 3 | HP 26/39 | AC 18/T 13/FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool 2/5 | Grit 2/2 |Active conditions: Longshot |
Spells:
Wiz 1st Grease,Mudball Magus 0th Acid Splash,Light,Detect Magic 1st Burning Hands,Longshot,Snowball

Naevys spends her move to reload her gun with an alchemical cartridge, takes a 5ft step forward and then uses her other pearl of power to cast longshot.

Grand Lodge

Smarmy wrote:

...

How high up is the mephit? Within reach?

Yes, mephit is only 5ft off the ground.

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Rogue 7

Smarmy makes like he's about to retreat back out of the heated area, then suddenly whips his axe back around, slashing at the Mephit flying just over head.

Bluff to feint: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

+1 battleaxe vs (flat-footed?) mephit, bard: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 15, for 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 4d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 1 + (3, 4, 2, 4) = 23 damage.
If the sneak attack lands, he will give it a penalty to its attack rolls, and it can't make AoO's for the round

He then grits his teeth, and follows Constantine through the sheet of flame... though he's not happy about it.

Keeping an eye out for those pressure plates, of course

Silver Crusade

Male LN Dwarven Ranger 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +7 +6, R: +8 +7, W: +6 +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM +6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: cloak of resistance +1

Reflex DC 13: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Truddig gasps as the heat washes over him, unfortunately drawing some of the heated air in and scorching his lungs. Coughing, he prepares himself briefly then rushes through the flame to get to the other side. He runs farther, getting as far away as his feet will carry him.

Double move: 40'

Grand Lodge

Smarmy evades the Mephits breath.

Constantin avoids some of the flame breath while his rabbit evades the fire entirely. Constantin then dives through the fire wall taking the damage and cast glitter dust on Tygora. Tygora is covered in diamond glitter, but manages to avoid being blinded by it. Constantin’s rabbit sings to inspire the group.

Naevys reloads her gun and then cast longshot again.

Smarmy feints the fire mephit before hitting the flat-footed creature with his magic battleaxe cleaving it in twain. He then follows Constantine through the burning wall of fire.

Burned by the Mephit’s breath, Truddig runs through the wall of fire taking more damage from the fire.

Bot: Steps up and attacks with his greatsword in a powerful wack hitting Tygora good leaving a nasty wound.

Snearning at her foes ”Since you like playing with fire here is some more” She shifts back and swiftly casts another scorching ray this time targeting Constantin, Smarmy, and Truddig with the cruel burning rays. The rays miss Constantin, hit Smarmy and critically hits Truddig dropping him.

The queen then draws her falchion and slashes at Oloch with her extra reach, but misses the well armored pathfinder.

Rolls:

in wall of fire damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (2, 5) + 11 = 18
10ft of wall of fire damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6
20ft of wall of fire damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Tygora DC16 Will save vs Glitter dust: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Bot Oloch vs Tygora
+2 Greatsword w/+3 bard, PA,FF: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 3 = 32
damage w/+3 bard, +6 PA: 2d6 + 11 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 11 + 3 + 6 = 26

Tygora vs Constantin
Scorching ray: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 to hit touch
fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 4, 3) = 16

Tygora vs Smarmy
Scorching ray: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 to hit touch
fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 2) = 16

Tygora vs Truddig
Scorching ray: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 to hit touch
fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 6) = 14
Possible Critical
to confirm crit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 to hit touch
extra crit fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 5) = 11

Tygora vs Oloch
mwk falchion: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 to hit
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 5) + 9 = 20

Status:
(Conditions Flag: +1 morale to hit&dam; Inspire courage +2 to hit & dam )

Oloch: 2 dam (DR20/fire duration 66 min, Efortless armor, +1 AC)
Naevys: 13 dam (DR10/Fire duration 30min, Longshot 3min)
Constantin: 3+2+18 = 23 dam (blur 20% miss dur: 3min)
Smarmy: 7+18+16 = 41 dam
Truddig: 7+5+18+14+11 = 55 dam *Dying*

Tygora: 18+26 = 44 dam
Mephit: +23 dam *Dead*

Everyone my act.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Dwarf Rogue 7

I think you did one damage too high on Truddig and myself? (The initial heat damage from being close to the wall should be 6, not 7, yes?). Not a huge deal, but since he's now down, I figure every hit point might help =)

Grand Lodge

Smarmy wrote:
I think you did one damage too high on Truddig and myself? (The initial heat damage from being close to the wall should be 6, not 7, yes?). Not a huge deal, but since he's now down, I figure every hit point might help =)

The 7pt wall of fire damage was rolled in the previous to last post as opposed to the 6pt in the current round post.

Silver Crusade

Male CN Half Orc Warpriest of Gorum 7 half-orc| HP: 60/60 | AC: 21 (11 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | [/ooc] | Spells: 1st 3/2 2nd: 2/2 3rd 1/1 | [ooc]Active conditions: None.

Oloch moves towards Tygora and makes a powerful blow with his weapon
greatsword attack+PA+FF+Frost: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 3 = 33
damage+frost: 2d6 + 11 + 6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 11 + 6 + 3 + (2) = 28

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 CMD 13 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +7 | Init +8(9)* | Perc +9 | SM +17* | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5 level 2 1/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 7/16

Constantin's heart cries out as Truddig falls, but he turns his sorrow to a cry of (for once) wordless rage!

Ear-Piercing Scream (Sonic): 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 6) = 10 Fort DC 15 for 1/2 and to not be dazed for a round

I feel like a CLW isn't going to get Truddig up and fighting for a couple turns anyways, and in the meantime it actually makes him more vulnearble to AoE...

Dark Archive

Female CN Tiefling Pistolero 1/ Spellslinger Wizard 1/Myrmidarch Magus 3 | HP 26/39 | AC 18/T 13/FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool 2/5 | Grit 2/2 |Active conditions: Longshot |
Spells:
Wiz 1st Grease,Mudball Magus 0th Acid Splash,Light,Detect Magic 1st Burning Hands,Longshot,Snowball

Naevys moves up to get a clear shot and casts a Ray of Frost, firing through her gun on Tygora.

+2 Pistol Point Blank/Bard Stuff and Precise Shot: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 + 3 = 16, Magic, Piercing and Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 plus cold damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Rogue 7

Smarmy, grimaces as he comes through the flames... and before he can put his usual unctuous smile back in place, he is struck by a ray of fire! He staggers from the pain, the grimace becoming a full on snarl.

With a quick, deft motion, a small wand suddenly appears in his hand, which he waves slightly.

spring-loaded to retrieve the wand of CLW, UMD to tries to activate it... UMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

He almost sighs as a burst of healing energy washes over him, though only a small drop in the bucket of the scorch marks. He quickly ducks across the room to the east, only getting in range of Tygora at the last moment.

Single move

Dark Archive

Female CN Tiefling Pistolero 1/ Spellslinger Wizard 1/Myrmidarch Magus 3 | HP 26/39 | AC 18/T 13/FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool 2/5 | Grit 2/2 |Active conditions: Longshot |
Spells:
Wiz 1st Grease,Mudball Magus 0th Acid Splash,Light,Detect Magic 1st Burning Hands,Longshot,Snowball

I added bard stuff to my to-hit, but not my damage, so should be a total of 9 points from my shot, with 1 being cold.

Grand Lodge

Oloch steps up and strikes Tygora again with his frosty Greatsword. Tygora staggers under the blow but is still standing.

Constantin uses his magic to hit Tygora with a powerful scream. She shugs off most of the sonic attack.

Naevys moves forward and shoots a frosty bullet hitting Tygora, she snarls with hate as she continues to stand.

Smarmy pops a wand and heals some of his burns.

BOT: Truddig continues to slip closer to death.

Tygora yells as she swings her large falchion at Oloch missing with the first attack but connecting with the second blow. With an evil grin, she shifts back triggering a fire trap around the pathfinder prisoner. Tygora is immune to the fire.

The captive Pathfinder screams as the fires erupt around him he does manage to avoid some of the damage, but it looks like the fires are continuing to burn.

Rolls:

Tygora fort DC15 save vs ear-piercing scream: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Truddig Stabliziation check DC11: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 6 = 1

Tygora vs Oloch
mwk falchion: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 to hit
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 6) + 9 = 19

mwk falchion: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 to hit
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 3) + 9 = 18

fire Trap: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 3) = 9 DC16 reflex for half; duration 3 rounds.

pathfinder reflex save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Status:
(Conditions Flag: +1 morale to hit&dam; Inspire courage +2 to hit & dam )

Oloch: 2+18 = 20 dam (DR20/fire duration 66 min, Efortless armor, +1 AC)
Naevys: 13 dam (DR10/Fire duration 30min, Longshot 3min)
Constantin: 23 dam (blur 20% miss dur: 3min)
Smarmy: 41-9 = 32 dam
Truddig: 55+1 = 56 dam *Dying*

Tygora: 44+28+4+9 = 85 dam
Mephit: +23 dam *Dead*

Captive Pathfinder #3: +4 dam

Everyone my act.

Dark Archive

Female CN Tiefling Pistolero 1/ Spellslinger Wizard 1/Myrmidarch Magus 3 | HP 26/39 | AC 18/T 13/FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool 2/5 | Grit 2/2 |Active conditions: Longshot |
Spells:
Wiz 1st Grease,Mudball Magus 0th Acid Splash,Light,Detect Magic 1st Burning Hands,Longshot,Snowball

Naevys grins at Tygora You think that killing Pathfinders will slow us down or give you an opening to escape? You are sadly mistaken.

Naveys takes a move to reload her gun with an alchemical cartridge and then casts ray of frost through the gun at Tygora.

+2 Pistol with Point Blank/Bard Stuff and Precise Shot: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 + 3 = 25, Magic, Piercing and Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 3 = 10
Ray of Frost: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Rogue 7

"Your hospitality has been fantastic, but I think we're done here." Smarmy growls, though the pain.

He steps forward, as if going to help the prisoner caught in the fiery trap, but at the last second, spins, and slashes his axe at the efreeti woman, with a snarl.

5' step, Feint, then single attack

Bluff to Feint: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

+1 battleaxe, bard: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 3 = 26, for 1d8 + 4 + 3 + 4d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 3 + (6, 6, 5, 6) = 37

Grand Lodge

Naevys fires her pistol with another frost coated bullet, the shot drops Tygora.

Smarmy steps up with his battleaxe poised to strike!

Smarmy your blow will most certainly kill Tygora. Do you continue your swing or check your hand?

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Rogue 7

Hmm... he's a bit miffed. So ya, he'd finish her off I think.

Grand Lodge

Smarmy continues with his battleaxe swing, with a deafening blow as his ax bites through her neck and into the marble floor the Rogue ends Queen Tygora’s rule over the oreads.

Truddig is still dying and one of the pathfinder prisoners is in danger of burning to death.

Status:
(Conditions Flag: +1 morale to hit&dam; Inspire courage +2 to hit & dam )

Oloch: 20 dam (DR20/fire duration 66 min, Efortless armor, +1 AC)
Naevys: 13 dam (DR10/Fire duration 30min, Longshot 3min)
Constantin: 23 dam (blur 20% miss dur: 3min)
Smarmy: 32 dam
Truddig: 56 dam *Dying*

Tygora: 44+28+4+9+37 = 122 dam *** Dead ***
Mephit: +23 dam *Dead*

Captive Pathfinder #3: +4 dam

Oloch and Constantin can still act this round. Truddig needs to roll a stabilize check

Dark Archive

Female CN Tiefling Pistolero 1/ Spellslinger Wizard 1/Myrmidarch Magus 3 | HP 26/39 | AC 18/T 13/FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool 2/5 | Grit 2/2 |Active conditions: Longshot |
Spells:
Wiz 1st Grease,Mudball Magus 0th Acid Splash,Light,Detect Magic 1st Burning Hands,Longshot,Snowball

Oloch, if you have it, can you please put that pathfinder out with a create water? Naevys reloads her gun with a normal bullet as a standard, holsters it, then rolls Tygora over and starts searching her for valuables.

Silver Crusade

Male LN Dwarven Ranger 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +7 +6, R: +8 +7, W: +6 +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM +6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: cloak of resistance +1

Con DC 10, stabilize: 1d20 + 4 - 7 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 7 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 CMD 13 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +7 | Init +8(9)* | Perc +9 | SM +17* | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5 level 2 1/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 7/16

Constantin strides over to Truddig and seals his wounds with the tap of a wand.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Rogue 7

Use one of those CMW potions we got earlier. Likely won't need them much now.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 CMD 13 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +7 | Init +8(9)* | Perc +9 | SM +17* | Spells Remaining: level 1 4/5 level 2 1/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 7/16

Excellent Point!
Lightly Moderate addition: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Totaling 9

Grand Lodge

Naevys reloads and tells Oloch to put out the pathfinder.

Truddig slips closer to death until Constantin uses a healing wand to save him.

Oloch runs into the fire and saves the pathfinder by carrying him out of the flames, before his is burned to death.

*** Combat over ***

Naevy finds Tygora has a masterwork falchion.

The three other traps under the other captive pathfinders can easily be disarmed give time.

With the queen dead, Truddig out of danger and the captives saved your mission is a success!

The news of Tyogra’s defeat spreads quickly through Crystalcrag, and the oreads respond with a mix of disbelief, relief, and confusion about what the future holds.

Eurdan Stonemantle and the freed councillor Glaheri do their best to organize and encourage the newly liberated geniekin.

Since your group took care to minimize the ifrit casualties and preserve the town’s stability the oreads and ifrits take the first steps in reconciling their differences, reintegrating the two populations, and keeping Crystalcrag united.

You rescued all three Pathfinders and defeated Tygora. Excellent job Pathfinders!

That concludes the adventure. I’ll get the game reported and Chronicles ASAP. Thanks for playing. You were a great group to play with!

(Note the fire drakes would have been there if you were playing in the upper tier.)

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Rogue 7

Smarmy does his best to insinuate himself into discussions, seeing this entire thing as an opportunity.

Does the councilor count as an ambassador or aristocrat or noble type figure? (for faction card goal purposes)

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Rogue 7

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 2 = 29

Smarmy does his best to negotiate a few favorable deals for himself in the process!

Grand Lodge

Smarmy wrote:

Smarmy does his best to insinuate himself into discussions, seeing this entire thing as an opportunity.

Does the councilor count as an ambassador or aristocrat or noble type figure? (for faction card goal purposes)

I would say the Councilor would have been acting as an ambassador to visitors. So Yes.

The queen was definitely an aristocrat/noble but then your group probably didn’t help her from her point of view.

151 to 200 of 201 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS / GameDay8 / GMGlyn]6-07 Valley of Veiled Flame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.