GM Chapel | Strange Aeons | Table 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Chapel36

Loot List

Maps


51 to 100 of 166 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

The shadow creature glides between the bars and reaches for the key ring at the woman's waist. The Kellid woman suddenly calls out to the doctor causing the woman to step just out of the shadow's reach.

The shade is limited in how far it can move from you while not in complete darkness.

The doctor snarls at the Kellid woman oblivious to the shadow's attempt. “Pipe down. You’ll have your turn soon enough.”

She then goes about her business, agonizing over where to make her next incision on her patient.


N | halfling Spiritualist (shadow caller) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 14; TAC 13; FFAC 12 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +6 ( +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. fear and emotion effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 (+7 to notice haunts), SM: +7 (+9 to notice possessed creature) | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: None | Spells: 1st - 1/2

Zylah frowns at the failed attempt to get the keys, but otherwise doesn't move from her position.

Come back, she silently sends to Colenso. Unless we can do something about that light, there's no reason to expose you.

The shade just mentally nods in response and slips back through the bars to Zylah's position. Forgot about the Ectoplasmic Phase Lurch ability, so he can slip through without issue.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

After a moment to make sure that the 'doctor' hasn't noticed them, the petite halfling turns her staring gaze towards the half-elf ever-so slightly. "Can you help?" she asks in a soft, sweet little voice. Once would almost think that she was a doll whose pull string had been just used.


The half-elf notices the doll-like halfling turning her head towards him. She's creepy, but the young man feels a strange thought forming in his head, something is telling him that he should try to protect her as best he can. What's this, another strange feeling? he asks himself, then hears the almost inaudible request for help from the girl.

How? he asks with just the movement of his lips. He had been stripped of all his belongings, even his scarf, what could he do to help the halfling? Then an idea comes to his mind.

"Doctor!" He shouts at the figure standing by the table, "Please, I need... Water... Please..." He starts coughing violently, pulling himself near the bars of the cell, "Please, I'm... Feeling sick..."

He makes a Bluff check to convince the doctor he is indeed sick.
Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


The doctor wheels on the half-elf and screams.

”I SAID QUIET!”

Sebastian & Zylah:

The woman’s face transforms into a mimicry of Sebastian’s when she looks at you.

The man on the table seizes his opportunity and slips one leg free. In desperation, he kicks the woman in the small of her back, throwing her up against the cell that houses Sebastian and Zylah.

Sebastian, Zylah, and Colenso can all attempt a sleight of hand or simply a dexterity check for the keys. Alternatively, feel free to attempt to grapple or otherwise restrain her in some way.


The half-elf seizes the moment. With an arm he blocks the doctor, keeping up the ruse "Water, please... Water!" while with the free hand he tries to snatch the ring of keys hanging from the woman's waist.

He makes another Bluff check to distract the doctor, and a Sleight of Hand check to pick the keys (the Bluff check is to try and get a bonus on the Sleight of Hand check, don't know if it's possible though).
Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Sleight of Hand DC20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


male Dhampire Adpative Shifter 1st HP 9/9 | Fort 1+, Ref +4, will +3 (+5 vs divine) | Perception +7 | AC 15; FF 13; T 12 | reactive form 6/7 xday

Eldako gasps quietly when the Kellid woman shouts at the doctor. “shhhh , do you want Her to take you next ? Be smart. “ , when the man makes his move Eldako tries the only thing he can think of while the woman is distracted by flinging himself suddenly at the bars on the door hoping his great strength will be enough to snap open the doors, then pulls back into the shadows

stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

FYI I don’t expect this to work but what the heck , but hey 16 strength is pretty strong lol. On phone btw.


N | halfling Spiritualist (shadow caller) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 14; TAC 13; FFAC 12 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +6 ( +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. fear and emotion effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 (+7 to notice haunts), SM: +7 (+9 to notice possessed creature) | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: None | Spells: 1st - 1/2

With the half-elf distracting the doctor, Zylah sends out her shadow again to help in retrieving the keys.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Sleight of Hand (Dex): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 (Probably just aiding)

... or maybe he can aid me...? :p


Sebastian nearly misses the set of key but the shadow pulls his hand and he is able to snag the set of keys from the doctor with little issue. Noice.

The doctor glares at Eldako before turning back to the man on the table.

"Patient is showing signs of..." she paused as if to consider the multitude of wounds on the man, "..infection. Course of action: euthanasia."

She slams the point of her makeshift dagger into the man's chest. He screams out. Blood pours from the wound then pulls back in.

"Oh no!" she shouts. "A sucking wound! If we don't hurry the patient will drown in his own blood!"

She can barely contain her maniacal laughter as she brings the blade down again and again. With each schlunk of the blade the woman's features melt away leaving a figure that looks more or less humanoid, but slender and frail, with gangly limbs and half-formed facial features. Its flesh is pale and hairless, and its eyes are vacant and white.

Knowledge Nature DC 13:
You may not recall who you are but pieces of information still float around in your mind. You recognize this thing as a Doppelganger

She is fully engrossed in her... work.

Silver Crusade

HP 9 of 9 Init. +0, Perception +2 AC 15, T 10, FF 15

Knowledge:
Nature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The Kellid woman turns pale at the scene she is witnessing. Her hand clutches at her chest as if searching for something familiar, but with nothing to grasp it turns into a fist. She then smashes her fist on the bars as she shouts at the supposed doctor.

"How could you?" she calls out. "You clearly a more sick than those you supposedly care for. Let me out, NOW! So I can try and save this man!"

Sorry for any delay. I was waiting to see what came of the other action. I will make sure I post something if I am waiting.


GM Notes:
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The creature pays no attention to the Kellid woman and continues to "operate" on the man.


The half-elf quickly hides the keys in one of his pockets, then goes back in the corner of the cell. He nods lightly at the halfling girl, a way to thank and reassure her: now that they have the keys it's only a matter of time and they will make their escape.

He makes a check to hide the keys in one of his pockets.
Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


The not-doctor begins to cut off smaller pieces of the man's body. She begins with the fingers on his left hand. The blade appears to be rather dull and she has to work to cut through the bone.

SheIt is paying no mind to any of you.

Silver Crusade

HP 9 of 9 Init. +0, Perception +2 AC 15, T 10, FF 15

The angry woman looks on as her cell mate batters himself against the door. She whispers to him as she prepares a little surprise for the monster.

"Be ready my friend."

She then holds out her hand past the bars and calls out to the world.

"You should not anger the storms!" she shouts as the air around the monster condenses into a small storm and tries to batter it.

Storm Burst:
  • Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
  • Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Non-lethal

Well, I feel my RP is at least going well. The dice though seem to think my plans are terrible ideas.


N | halfling Spiritualist (shadow caller) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 14; TAC 13; FFAC 12 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +6 ( +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. fear and emotion effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 (+7 to notice haunts), SM: +7 (+9 to notice possessed creature) | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: None | Spells: 1st - 1/2

We can't just sit here waiting for her to cut into someone else, Zylah mentally sends to Colenso. Other than minor adjustments, her body hasn't moved from it's current place.

I will distract, the creature replies, and moves through the bars once more to stand beside the doctor, where attempts to backhand her/it.

Sorry if this kills any plans, but I wasn't seeing any other option.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Slam attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Slam damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 (-2 Str. on hit for 1 round)


male Dhampire Adpative Shifter 1st HP 9/9 | Fort 1+, Ref +4, will +3 (+5 vs divine) | Perception +7 | AC 15; FF 13; T 12 | reactive form 6/7 xday

sooo much blood... Eldako could do nothing be stare at all the blood on the table . Watching it pool and drip he barely heard the kellid woman next to him. Slowly Eldako made his way to the front of the cage mesmerized before shaking off the trance. Nodding toward the woman to make sure she knew he would help her if she tried anything Eldako waited for the oppernunity.


The half-elf goes near the cell door, while retrieving the keys from his pocket. He tries to quietly unlock the door, so he can act and do something if needed to.

He does a stealth check to unlock the door unnoticed.
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Not content to wait, the Kellid woman summons a storm cloud which does little more than add a little but of humidity to the already stifling room.

Similarly, the doll-like halfing’s shade slips into the main room once again. This time the shade easily reaches the creature and brings its fists down on the doctor’s back. That’s a hit.

A flicker of darklight flashes with hit and the not-doctor lets out a soft groan. And that’s some strength leaving.

The creature spins to face Colenso and its eyes widen with surprise.

”No! Not real!”

The thing catches sight of the half-elf with the keys and fumbles at its waist.

”NO! You are not-NO!”

A groan escapes the things throat and builds into a wail. She/it is effectively dazed.


The half-elf quickly unlocks the door, and after getting out of his cell he runs to the other one to unlock the other door.


N | halfling Spiritualist (shadow caller) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 14; TAC 13; FFAC 12 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +6 ( +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. fear and emotion effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 (+7 to notice haunts), SM: +7 (+9 to notice possessed creature) | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: None | Spells: 1st - 1/2

Watching Colenso strike at the creature, she suddenly recalls how to make him better, if only for a short time. Take him out quickly, she sends to the shade.

Zylah - Standard Action: Cast Magic Fang on Colenso.

Colenso - Full Attack Action:

Slam attack w/ Magic Fang: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Slam damage w/ Magic Fang: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Slam attack w/ Magic Fang: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Slam damage w/ Magic Fang: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

(-2 Str. on hit for 1 round)


male Dhampire Adpative Shifter 1st HP 9/9 | Fort 1+, Ref +4, will +3 (+5 vs divine) | Perception +7 | AC 15; FF 13; T 12 | reactive form 6/7 xday

Eldako opens the door when the half-Elf unlocks it, Nodding at the girl and the others, " We Should run! We don't have any weapons!" Eldako takes a half step way motioning towards the others. Going slightly into the darkness instinctually to keep the lights off. I don't feel like he knows he has fangs yet, I kind of get the vibe that ill multiclass into a rogue, he has the cowards attitude right now. Don't know if we should roll for initiative? Or who's turn it is. I wanted to waste my action I'm trying to play into the horror.


With everyone free to leave their cells we'll get an initiative up and running.If your initiative is in bold go ahead and take your turn.

Initiative:

Kayalenta: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Sebastian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Zylah: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Eldako: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Not-Doctor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Silver Crusade

HP 9 of 9 Init. +0, Perception +2 AC 15, T 10, FF 15

The tall Kellid woman rushes out of the now open cell and goes to the man on the table.

Why would someone do this? she thinks as she tries to see if he can be saved.

"Please tell me I am not too late."

Heal:
First Aid (DC 15): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Move action to approach the man on the table, Standard action to use Heal to stabilize him, assuming he can be stabilized.


Seeing the woman rushing towards the man on the table, the half-elf understands that running away isn't an option. Dammit he swears in his own head, then turns to his goddess for help: Desna, grant your child a bit of luck, so we can all leave this nightmare. He then tries to disarm the doctor-thing, both to render it less dangerous and to gain a weapon for defense.

He tries a disarm combat maneuver to take the dagger from the monster.
Disarm: 1d20 + 0 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 0 - 4 = -3

Desna didn't hear my plea, it seems...


male Dhampire Adpative Shifter 1st HP 9/9 | Fort 1+, Ref +4, will +3 (+5 vs divine) | Perception +7 | AC 15; FF 13; T 12 | reactive form 6/7 xday

I didn't know if I need to take another turn because I posted before you said to go, If I need to go again ill search what looks like a desk, rubble or the barrels on the map. looking for any type of weapon to use for my turn. if not ill just curse in frustration.

"Blast it!" Eldako shouts in frustration at his group. when he sees they are not leaving.


@Eldako: I realized that I should have stated you can take a turn and when I came on to say this you had posted!

Eldako:
Something catches your eye in the darkness and you turn to see a silver ringlet next to a cold, iron furnace. The furnace hunkers in the corner of the basement, its four-foot-square door gaping half open. Nearby sprawls a heap of gory clothes and other dubiously flammable trash. A cursory glance tells you that there must be equipment belonging to at least four individuals piled here among the garbage.

The Kellid woman presses her hands on the largest of the man's wounds in an attempt to save the stranger's life. It only takes her a moment to realize that the blood no longer pulses from his body but simply oozes out of the wounds. The man is beyond saving. He ded, yo.

Easily avoiding the half-elf's attempt to take her makeshift dagger, the creature screeches and buries that blade in Sebastian's unarmored flesh. Attack of opportunity on Sebastian

Shears: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 2 = 15
Damage: 1d2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 3

"If you wanted it so bad, why didn't you say so!"

It pulls the shear out and drives it into the quasi-flesh of the shadow. Standard action to attack

Shears: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 2 = 16
Damage: 1d2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 3

The creature blinks its pale eyes as it realizes that it is surrounded and takes a step backward. Move action: 5' step

Zylah, that's going to be piercing damage from the shear and also you're up!


N | halfling Spiritualist (shadow caller) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 14; TAC 13; FFAC 12 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +6 ( +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. fear and emotion effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 (+7 to notice haunts), SM: +7 (+9 to notice possessed creature) | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: None | Spells: 1st - 1/2

Still sitting on the floor of her cell, unmoving, Zylah noticed the futile attack from the doctor/creature and grins a very un-doll-like grin.

The shade, Colenso, seems to grin an almost identical grin at the same time, a deep red tear spreading across the area where it's face would be, as the shiv pierces harmlessly through it's body. It continues to smash it's claws into the creature once more.

It is unclear who is mimicking who.

Colenso - Full Attack Action:

Slam attack w/ Magic Fang: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Slam damage w/ Magic Fang: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Slam attack w/ Magic Fang: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Slam damage w/ Magic Fang: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Slam Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Slam Crit damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

(-2 Str. on hit for 1 round)

I should double check, but I'm not 100% sure if this strength penalty stacks if both attacks hit. RAW, it seems like it does, but it wouldn't hurt to be sure.


Zylah:
Weakening Touch (Su): A shade’s slam attack causes its victim to take a –2 penalty to Strength for 1 round. As a standard action, a shade in incorporeal form can deliver the penalty as a touch attack. This penalty does not stack with itself. This is a negative energy effect.

Zylah, super creepy. I like it.
Kayalenta, Sebastian, and Eldako you're up.


The half-elf instinctively takes a step to position himself between the thing and the halfling girl, as to protect her from the doctor-thing. As if she needs my protection, with that shadow with her he thinks.

What now? he asks himself, now facing the monster. He is no brawler, he can't take down the thing bare-handed. But he knows how to call to his goddess to help him in dire circumstances, so he tries to give a little help to the shadow.

Casting Guidance defensively on the halfling's shadow.
Concentration DC15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Silver Crusade

HP 9 of 9 Init. +0, Perception +2 AC 15, T 10, FF 15

So my actions will hinge of this question. Is there some medical impliments on the table that Kaya could use as an improvised weapon?

If YES:
The Kellid woman grabs the nearest sharp object and steps up to the horrific monster in an attempt to stab it. Her angry bellows echoes in the small space.

"You blood will mix with his, I swear to you!"

Improvised Attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Move action to grab an weapon. 5 foot step to move into a flank (not sure if this means she has cover). Standard action to attack.

If NO:
The Kellid woman boils with anger but without an effective weapon she is unsure she could harm this creature. An impulse strikes her and she moves around the table to the half-elf and lays her hand upon him as she speaks softly.

"May the spirits of beyond watch over you."

Move action to move adjacent to Sebastian. Standard to provide Elysium's call to him. See below.

Elysium’s Call (Su):
With a touch, you can imbue creatures with the spirit of Elysium, lifting their spirits and freeing them from bonds. The creatures touched can immediately reroll any failed saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment (charm) and enchantment (compulsion) subschools. In addition, targets receive a +2 sacred bonus on such saving throws and a +2 sacred bonus on CMB checks to escape a grapple. Finally, targets can ignore up to 5 feet of difficult terrain each round, as if they had the Nimble Moves feat. These bonuses last for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your cleric level (minimum 1), although the saving throw reroll only applies when the creature is touched. You can use this ability for a number of rounds per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.


The Kellid woman snatches up the other half of the broken shears from the table and drives the point into the not-doctor.

A gardening trowel, forks, and several long pieces of broken glass and metal remain on the table.

They all act as improvised weapons doing 1d2 damage.

GM Notes:
Damage taken 23


male Dhampire Adpative Shifter 1st HP 9/9 | Fort 1+, Ref +4, will +3 (+5 vs divine) | Perception +7 | AC 15; FF 13; T 12 | reactive form 6/7 xday

Eldako Shouts at the others "There is some equipment over here!" Grabbing two of nearest weapons in the pile. Eldako turns and tosses one to the half-elf because both in the dream and this fight he seems to be the most proficient "Here!".

Move action to search and standard to throw one of them towards the Elf.

im going off the assumption we don't know whos items these are.


The not-doctor takes another step back and slashes at Kayalenta. In its panic and fury, the Kellid woman is able to bat the assault away with ease. When she does so the thing rakes one of its clawed hands across the woman’s arm. It glares at shade, clearly aware that the shadow creature is keeping it from inflicting more harm.

”This is MY operating room!” The creature shouts, ”You will NOT take it from me!”

The half-elf manages to finish casting his cantrip just as a strange, four-bladed weapon is tossed in his direction.

@Eldako make a Ranged Touch Attack against DC 5 to hit the grid intersection next to Sebastian’s square.
@Sebastian make a Reflex DC 10 to catch the starknife...assuming Eldako doesn’t somehow fail this.
@All: when you are able to view the pile of gear you will feel a pull toward your own belongings.

I’m going to start putting all the rolls at the bottom, I think that might make the updates a little easier to read. Also, I think it will look cleaner.

Dice Rolls and Actions:

5’ step. Standard Action to attack Kayalenta
Shear: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 6 Miss
Damage: 1d2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 3
Claw: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 2 = 17 Hit
Damage: 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 2 = 3

Damage Dealt: 23


N | halfling Spiritualist (shadow caller) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 14; TAC 13; FFAC 12 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +6 ( +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. fear and emotion effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 (+7 to notice haunts), SM: +7 (+9 to notice possessed creature) | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: None | Spells: 1st - 1/2

Probably wouldn't hurt to have a running tally on Initiative, as well, but I'll leave that to you. :)

The shade continues his assault on the creepy doctor, protecting it's host (and supposedly the other fleshbags, too).

Colenso - 5-foot moove, then Full Attack Action:

Slam attack w/ Magic Fang: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Slam damage w/ Magic Fang: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Slam attack w/ Magic Fang: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Slam damage w/ Magic Fang: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Slam attack Crit Chance: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Slam damage Crit damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

(-2 Str. on hit for 1 round)

Zylah is busy focusing on keeping her connection to Colenso as the shade moves further away, straining the tether.

Concentration action for Zylah.


The shade looms over the creature. Colenso's form elongates then contracts as whatever it is made of swells into the shadow creature's fists. Colenso brings his fists down in a powerful, two-handed strike on the not-doctor's skull. The not-doctor's scream is cut short as she/it crumples to the floor and blood begins to pool under the creature's head.

Only the heavy breathing of the group breaks the silence that has returned to the room.

That will end combat. @Eldako/Sebastian: feel free to go ahead and make the rolls, I would still like to know if your characters have potential to be cool.


N | halfling Spiritualist (shadow caller) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 14; TAC 13; FFAC 12 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +6 ( +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. fear and emotion effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 (+7 to notice haunts), SM: +7 (+9 to notice possessed creature) | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: None | Spells: 1st - 1/2

Feeling very pleased with itself, Colenso stalks back over to the halfling girl, who is now, for the first time, starting to move and stand up. As she does so, the shade shrinks and shifts as it starts to meld into the floor, and attach itself to the halfling girl to the points where a shadow would normally be. A moment later, it looks just as if it were a regular shadow again.

Merged into her 'consciousness'; Inhabit Shadow ability.

She stands in the doorway to the cell that she just recently shared with the half-elf, looking at the other three people in the room, then at the fresh cadaver on the table. She takes a moment to ponder their situation before she turns towards the pile of equipment, pulling out items that seem familiar to her.

Finally, she turns back to the others, that blank expression still on her face, and says, "I dreamed about you. We died together. Do we know each other?" He voice is higher pitched, even for a halfling, almost as if a mockery of a young girl's voice, but her expression is very monotone.

Silver Crusade

HP 9 of 9 Init. +0, Perception +2 AC 15, T 10, FF 15

The Kellid woman drops the broken shears to the floor and examines the creature on the floor, checking to assure herself that it is dead. As she does so, she glances at the halfling girl.

"I remember the dream." the Kellid woman says. "I do not remember much before that though. If we knew each other, I do not recall it. What of you others? Do you know how we are connected?"

Heal:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Well, I guess its best to get those rolls out of the way on these types of checks.


male Dhampire Adpative Shifter 1st HP 9/9 | Fort 1+, Ref +4, will +3 (+5 vs divine) | Perception +7 | AC 15; FF 13; T 12 | reactive form 6/7 xday

throw to H-elf: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Now that the battle is over, Eldako puts away a dagger he found in the pile.

"No, I don't know any of you." Eldako says as he slowly slides forward. " I think I found some equipment, though. Motioning towards the darkness. As he heads back to the equipment he looks for anything he would recognize, and doesn't bother looking to see if anyone follows him there.

I made assumption that a dagger was in the pile, It was not in my starting equipment, but im just as ok it being somone else's. Because I don't know who it belongs to. however let me know if I need to take it off my list. If there isn't one.


Reflex DC10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Obviously when I need a 6, I roll a 20...

The half-elf catches the starknife, and he's sure that the weapon belongs to him. Then he moves toward the chest with the equipment, to check if he can find his other belongings.

Watching the woman checking the monster he asks "Is it dead? Are you sure it won't come back alive to kill us later?" his voice fails to hide a little nervousness in his words.


N | halfling Spiritualist (shadow caller) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 14; TAC 13; FFAC 12 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +6 ( +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. fear and emotion effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 (+7 to notice haunts), SM: +7 (+9 to notice possessed creature) | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: None | Spells: 1st - 1/2
Kayalenta Noack wrote:
"I remember the dream." the Kellid woman says. "I do not remember much before that though. If we knew each other, I do not recall it. What of you others? Do you know how we are connected?"

Zylah nods at the response, expecting the answer, and finishes looking through the equipment until she is satisfied that she has everything that she needs.

Once she is finished, she starts looking around the room, trying to find any indication of where they are, or how they get out.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 (Add +4 to discover haunts.)

The sight is odd, to say the least. The halfling girl is small, even for one of her people, and very slight, with nearly alabaster white skin that looks more like porcelain, overly large eyes, and straight, raven-black hair that falls past her shoulders. Her only clothes of note is a simple white dress that goes to her knees. If it weren't for the fact that she was walking and (occasionally) talking she could easily be mistaken for an over-sized doll. The sight is only made the more strange when a keen observer notices that her shadow doesn't seem to match her form and shape completely.

AS she is moving around the room, she eventually turns her gaze back on the others and says, "I suppose it would be polite if I asked for your names, if you happen to remember them. Mine is... unknown. How strange..." (Edited, as per GM Chapel's note.)


As the Kellid woman confirms that the creature is truly dead, the group of amnesiacs begin to dig through the assorted equipment. Strangely enough, each of the four knows which item belongs to their person. Eldako slips the silver bracelet on, Kayalenta holds up a healer’s kit after finding both her shield and spear, and Sebastian wraps a pocketed scarf around his neck, covering a wooden carving of a butterfly. Only Zylah takes pause as she watches the strange man slip her dagger into his waistband.

At this point you are fully equipped with whatever you purchased. Feel free to explore the room.

@Zylah::
You are unable to recall your names...yet. It's weird. I know.

Regarding your perception check: A cold, iron furnace hunkers in the corner of the basement, its four-foot-square door gaping half open. Nearby sprawls a heap of gory clothes and other dubiously flammable trash. The furnace is cold to the touch. There is one other end of the of the room has a single door down the short hallway.


N | halfling Spiritualist (shadow caller) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 14; TAC 13; FFAC 12 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +6 ( +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. fear and emotion effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 (+7 to notice haunts), SM: +7 (+9 to notice possessed creature) | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: None | Spells: 1st - 1/2

As the halfling girl walks towards the door at the end of the hall, she passes by the strange, pale humanoid, she is staring at the familiar-looking dagger that he acquired.

"Do you tend to use such a small tool as a toothpick, or is it a personal preference?"


male Dhampire Adpative Shifter 1st HP 9/9 | Fort 1+, Ref +4, will +3 (+5 vs divine) | Perception +7 | AC 15; FF 13; T 12 | reactive form 6/7 xday

I just realized this is a small dagger lol, And secondly please don't take offense to my post. I'm trying to play it out like I think it would go. I'll give it to you, I am having trouble deciding if I would realize your a halfling with your description. all I Think I would see is a child that needs protecting.

"oh, Is this yours, but, but... your just a child." Eldako stammers a response, "Truly you shouldn't play with these kind of tools they are dangerous." Eldako holds the dagger up. "are you sure, little one?

Once the halfing takes the dagger (if she doesnt take it i'll stay close to help for awhile to "protect her"), assuming she does, Eldako looks around the room for any kind of weapon that is not claimed. In addtion he checks the darkened corners and the Gory clothes to see if there is anything, including the "doctors" body.

Preception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


N | halfling Spiritualist (shadow caller) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 14; TAC 13; FFAC 12 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +6 ( +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. fear and emotion effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 (+7 to notice haunts), SM: +7 (+9 to notice possessed creature) | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: None | Spells: 1st - 1/2

No offense taken. Just playing it out as it comes. She is fairly blunt in her conversations, such as they are.

Zylah just stares at the strange man, just a blank expression on her face. Eventually she takes the dagger back from him and ties it to her belt, next to the other. "Thank you," is all she says in response before turning back to the door. She doesn't correct him on his mistake. I don't remember much, but I know that I'm not a child, she things to herself, which is silently answered with a mental nod from the shade.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 (Checking the door.)

Just for OOC info, she is actually 24, but she looks like a small child, even more so than normal. She only stands at 2'8" tall, and 27 lbs.


"I too remember the nightmare" says the half-elf, finishing to taking back his belongings from the pile, "I remember the slaughter, the monster with the razor, and all of you. But I can't remember my name, either."

He pauses, going back to the center of the room. He watches the central table with the body on it. "I wonder who this man was, he wasn't in our dream..." he says, then starts checking the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

He casts Light on a pebble to illuminate the shadowy areas of the map.


Shortly after Eldako begins to sift through the discarded, bloody scraps of clothing his hand brushes against something hard and smooth. From the pile of refuse he pulls a finely crafted viol. Though the bow is missing, the instrument itself is undamaged.

Likewise the half-elf illuminates the shadowed corners of the room before examining the corpse of the man who, quite possibly, saved their lives. On the tattered remains of his clothing a name tag is embroidered into his shirt:

“C. Linweigh”
”Staff: O”

The halfling wastes no time in looking for a way out. And while the door does not appear to be trapped or even locked, the stench of rot and decay assaults her senses as she nears the door

Eldako:

An Appraise check might tell you more about the instrument. The doctor's only item of note is her improvised weapon.


N | halfling Spiritualist (shadow caller) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 14; TAC 13; FFAC 12 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +6 ( +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. fear and emotion effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 (+7 to notice haunts), SM: +7 (+9 to notice possessed creature) | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: None | Spells: 1st - 1/2

Zylah covers her face to try to mask the smell, then remembers something and pulls out her censer and incense, quickly lighting it and holding it up close to her nose to mask the smell.

"Something unpleasant is on the other side of this door," she says out loud, not willing to elaborate any further.


If no one else has anything to add I will go ahead and move things along. I know we are expecting delays from Kayalenta but I'm hesitant to let the game come to a halt at the first door.


C. Linweigh, Staff: O... the half-elf tries to search in his few memories for these name and words, but nothing comes to his mind. "Hey" he says to the others, "Do any of you know this man? Or does the name 'Linweigh' ring a bell to you?"

In the meantime he's walking toward the closed door, and the stench starts filling his nostrils. "Hugh, what's this smell? It's almost unbearable!" he says, now standing near the little halfling.


N | halfling Spiritualist (shadow caller) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 14; TAC 13; FFAC 12 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +6 ( +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. fear and emotion effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 (+7 to notice haunts), SM: +7 (+9 to notice possessed creature) | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: None | Spells: 1st - 1/2

Looking up at the half-elf with her too-large eyes, the girl responds, "Perhaps previous 'patients'? Despite the expected sarcasm with the last word, there is very little emphasis made. [b]"Should we open it up? I don't currently see any other way out of here."[b]

In her mind, she hears the shade says, "Perhaps it's a food closet."


male Dhampire Adpative Shifter 1st HP 9/9 | Fort 1+, Ref +4, will +3 (+5 vs divine) | Perception +7 | AC 15; FF 13; T 12 | reactive form 6/7 xday

when the Cleric casts a spell of light Eldako gives a slight hiss as pain shoots through his eyes. When he sees the instrument Eldako carefully lifts up the piece. "I wonder if this belonged to him." he nods to the victim on the table. Packing away the instrument carefully. No need to do any more damage to it.. he waits till its secure. when the others mention opening up the door Eldako prepares to either fight or flee; also grabbing the makeshift weapon just in case.

51 to 100 of 166 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chapel | In Search of Sanity | Table 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.