[Gameday VIII] GM Valen's Hao Jin Cataclysm (CORE) (Levels 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Lysle

Slides & Map


251 to 300 of 316 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

The druid comes in for an attack on one of the zombies (red). Having waited for one of the living to approach, it swings, but misses. The druid responds with his blade as does his companion. The wizard also strikes with magical bolt. However, it is the rogue that sends the unraveling undead to its final fate.

The dwarf raises his axe against another zombie (green), which lashes out at its attacker. The brutal blow badly bruises, but it is not enough to bar the blade of the son of Torag. The zombie remains standing, though just barely.

One of the remaining zombies (blue) swings a boney arm at cat and the other (green) at the druid.

Melee (slam) v. Kuti: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage (B) v. Kuti: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Melee (slam) v. Nahko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage (B) v. Nahko: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Their blows connect with neither man nor beast.

Combat Round Three/Four Con't

Party Buffs: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Aldran -12 HP
Zombie (green) -10 HP
Zombie (yellow) -16 HP
Xusius
Nahko
Kuti
Seebonickk
Flaith
-8 HP
Sarzuket
Zombie (red)-12 HP
Zombie (blue)

Grand Lodge

Male NG Elf Wizard 2 AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) T 13/FF 10 | CMB -1 CMD 12 | HP 16 | Init +9 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +8 | Speed 30 ft. | Light
Memorized Spells:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Ray of Frost, Read Magic L1: Burning Hands, Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Grease

Xusius fires another missile from his wand at the Green foe.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

A zombie (green) is ripped apart by the wizard'a spell.

Combat Round Three/Four Con't

Party Buffs: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Aldran -12 HP
Zombie (green) -13 HP
Zombie (yellow) -16 HP
Xusius
Nahko
Kuti
Seebonickk
Flaith
-8 HP
Sarzuket
Zombie (red)-12 HP
Zombie (blue)

Grand Lodge

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT** (1 of 2)

Aram Zey speaks out through the tapestry. “The soul stitching is slowing down! The undead are under control. But the tapestry remains in danger. Fight on!”

GMs, the Undead Contained condition on page 29 is in effect.

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT** (2 of 2)

Suddenly, it becomes clear that the astral invaders’ retreat is merely a ploy. More invaders pour through the rifts to reinforce their companions. Their reckless assault tears the holes wider, and the entire demiplane begins to shift and fold. Locations fade and vanish, reappearing miles away, now separated by a wide expanse of barren, rocky wasteland. The invaders continue to pour through, and the tapestry’s exhausted repair mechanisms cease to function altogether. The triumphant attackers converge on the Pathfinders scattered across the wasteland.

Then, the sky turns red.

A primal screech pierces the tapestry, and a colossal ruby-flamed phoenix appears in the sky, its wings nearly blocking the sun. It swoops across the sky at tremendous speed, its tattered feathers leaving a trail of smoke. With another screech, it flaps its massive wings, and countless fiery feathers shoot towards the invaders. As the feathers strike, they explode, incinerating much of the invading force. Then the phoenix turns its attention to the other outsiders—the mass of Pathfinders—and beats its wings once more. A barrage of feathers strikes the wasteland, and from each resulting inferno emerges a bird of pure ruby-red flames.

Aram Zey’s voice echoes. “Can you hear me, Pathfinders? The tapestry is in its death throes! You are cut off—I cannot help you escape. Destroy the phoenixes—perhaps their magic can repair the tapestry!”

Table GMs, the Tapestry’s Last Defense condition on page 29 is in effect.

Dark Archive

Male N Human Druid 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nahko swipes at the zombie flanked by he and Flaith.

Actions:

Standard: attack green

Scimitar, bless, flank: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 15
Damage, S: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female N Cheetah | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 (16 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 (12 Fl) | F: +4, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: none

Kuti bites and claws at the zombie in front of her.

Actions:

Full round: full attack

Bite, bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15
Damage, S: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Claw, bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12
Damage, S: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Claw, bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10
Damage, S: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

The remaining zombie quickly disintegrates, leaving the Pathfinders with a brief reprieve to catch their breath as the tapestry stabilizes.

Each PC gains a number of temporary hit points equal to: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

In addition, the PCs have two rounds to make any preparations for the next encounter. Please post your actions below. Remember, the party also has1 Aid Token and can use 2 Benefits for this encounter.

GM Dennis wrote:
Aram Zey’s voice echoes. “Can you hear me, Pathfinders? The tapestry is in its death throes! You are cut off—I cannot help you escape. Destroy the phoenixes—perhaps their magic can repair the tapestry!”

All around, flaming feathers barrage the tapestry. The scattered demiplane natives are unharmed by the inferno, as is the landscape itself. Screeches echo across the ruby-tinted landscape, and the tattered birds of ruby fire close in.

I still have yet to hear from all players about their choice for threat level. If I receive no further responses within about 16 hours, I will move the party into the regular threat.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

Following the massive concentration of magical energy that manifested as a colossal bird of fire in the sky came a bombardment of the storm of fiery feathers from the sky. Now, the feathers have transformed themselves into similar fiery creatures of various sizes.

As the party emerges onto a small ridge, one such bird of fire veers off from the others and heads toward the party.

Map updated on Slides

COMBAT BEGINS

Initiative:

Sarzuket, Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Xusius, Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Nahko, Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Kuti, Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Aldran, Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Flaith, Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Seebonickk, Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
ruby fire bird, Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

First Round of Combat

Party Buffs: none.
PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Nahko
Aldran
Xusius

Ruby fire bird
Kuti
Sarzuket
Seebonickk
Flaith

Terrain notes: Embankments are 5 feet high. Large rocks are 10 feet high. Brambles and rubble squares count as difficult terrain.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf (core) Fighter / 1 Cleric / 1 HP 21 /21 AC 19 ( Touch 11 Flat 18) / Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 15 / Init +1/ Perception +1(+3 vs, stone work)

Aldran would like to use benefit:
Slave Mountain Secured: Freed slaves join the Pathfinders in battling the malevolent forces in the tapestry.
At the beginning of one encounter, the PCs can activate this benefit to gain a number of temporary hit points equal to 3 × their APL (minimum 6 temporary hit points); these last until the end of the encounter.

Aldran moves and casts Shield of faith on himself.
Shield of Faith: Aura grants +2 or higher deflection bonus.

"Come down to me you little fiery chicken."

Grand Lodge

Male NG Elf Wizard 2 AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) T 13/FF 10 | CMB -1 CMD 12 | HP 16 | Init +9 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +8 | Speed 30 ft. | Light
Memorized Spells:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Ray of Frost, Read Magic L1: Burning Hands, Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Grease

Xusius moves up and holds his Wand of Magic Missile out.

"Eet ees a good zing I have zis. Ze Burning Hands spell ees most likely not going to be very helpful een zis zituation."

Can't get a shot off with the fire bird behind the large rocks

Sovereign Court

female Human Paladin 3
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF18 HP 22/2 F+6 R+5 W+4 Init +3 Perception -1 CMD 18

Actions ins between.
Draw healing wand and heal myselfClw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Draw Divine favor wand and DV myself.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

The dwarf prepares for battle, while the elf readies to attack with his wand.

BOTTING Nahko - No post in 24+ hours (and to keep things moving.)

The druid pauses so to act in concert with his companion.
Delaying

The bird made of ruby flames soars through the air towards you, smoke trailing in its wake.
Double move. Bird is 35 feet above the land below it.

Knowledge (planes)(DC 13+):
This is a ruby phoenix guardian. It a manifestation of Hao Jin's magic, though it is not a true phoenix. Indeed, it is more akin to a fire elemental in its nature.
It is a variant fire elemental.

First Round of Combat Cont'd/Round Two Begins

Party Buffs: none.
PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Nahko (delayed)
Aldran (shield of faith)
Xusius (readied action to attack from round 1)
Ruby fire bird
Nahko
Kuti
Sarzuket
Seebonickk
Flaith

Round Two Begins
Aldran

Terrain notes: Embankments are 5 feet high. Large rocks are 10 feet high. Brambles and rubble squares count as difficult terrain.

The Concordance

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Male N Gnome Cleric 1 (Gozreh) - Init +2, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 15; hp 11/11, F+5, R+2, W+4, Speed 15 ft. Skills Acrobatics 1, Appraise 1, Bluff 3, Climb -4, Diplomacy 7, Knowledge (nature) 6, Perception 4, Profession (Sailor) 8, Sense Motive 2, Spellcraft 5, Stealth 5, Survival 2

"Time to cool off!"

Sarzuket steps forward and readies to attack.

Icicle, Ranged Touch when within 30ft, bless: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 15
Cold Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

Male NG Elf Wizard 2 AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) T 13/FF 10 | CMB -1 CMD 12 | HP 16 | Init +9 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +8 | Speed 30 ft. | Light
Memorized Spells:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Ray of Frost, Read Magic L1: Burning Hands, Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Grease

Xusius wracks his brain for information about this fiery creature, then realizes he doesn't know much if anything about planar creatures.

He just shrugs his shoulders and fires off a Magic Missile from the wand anyway as it moves into his sight.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf (core) Fighter / 1 Cleric / 1 HP 21 /21 AC 19 ( Touch 11 Flat 18) / Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 15 / Init +1/ Perception +1(+3 vs, stone work)

Know Planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Thinking of the fiery bird, there it something so familiar but just slips away.

When the creature drops to within 30' Aldran launches an Acid bolt at it.
Range touch Attack, Acid Bolt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rog 3| HP 22 | AC 18; Touch 14; FF 15 | F +5; R +7; W +3 | CMB+2; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +12 Rogue 3

Seebonickk move and tries to hit the bird with his crossbow.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

The wizard strikes the approaching fiery foe, but the others are unsuccessful in their attacks.

First Round of Combat Cont'd/Round Two Begins

Party Buffs: none.
PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Nahko
Kuti

Sarzuket (readied action)
Seebonickk
Flaith
Round Two Begins
Aldran
Xusius
Ruby fire bird -3 HP

Terrain notes: Embankments are 5 feet high. Large rocks are 10 feet high. Brambles and rubble squares count as difficult terrain.

Dark Archive

Male N Human Druid 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

In the two prep rounds, Nahko will cast magic fang on Kuti's bite attack, and shillelagh on his club.

Shall we use Timely Inspiration from the Aid Token and then pass it on?

Nahko primes Kuti to attack the fiery bird as soon as it's in range, and prepares for the same eventuality himself.

Actions:

Free: Handle Animal (attack any) DC 10, link: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 4 = 9
Move: 20'
Standard: readied attack vs. red if it enters a threatened square

Club, shillelagh: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21
Damage, B, shillelagh: 2d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 + 1 = 10


Female N Cheetah | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 (16 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 (12 Fl) | F: +4, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: none

Kuti ignores Nahko, playing with a small rock that she found in the barren area.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

First Round of Combat Cont'd/Round Two Begins

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Flaith
Round Two Begins
Aldran (shield of faith)
Xusius
Ruby fire bird -3 HP
Nahko (shillelagh, readied action)
Kuti (magic fang)
Sarzuket (readied action)
Seebonickk

Terrain notes: Embankments are 5 feet high. Large rocks are 10 feet high. Brambles and rubble squares count as difficult terrain.

Sovereign Court

female Human Paladin 3
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF18 HP 22/2 F+6 R+5 W+4 Init +3 Perception -1 CMD 18

Flaith moves closer towards the cliff.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

BOTTING Xusius - No post in 24+ hours

The wizard waits for the flaming foe to approach closer.
Delaying

Seeing that the dwarf is separated from the others and directly ahead of it, the ruby bird of fire rages toward Aldran.

The dwarf responds with acid and the gnome with ice, but neither hits the screeching bird of flame as it swoops in.

Melee (slam), w/charge: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10

However, its fiery talons fail to connect.

Second Round of Combat Cont'd/Third Two Begins

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Nahko (shillelagh)
Kuti (magic fang)
Sarzuket
Seebonickk
Flaith

Round Three Begins
Aldran (shield of faith)
Xusius
Ruby fire bird -3 HP (five feet above ground, above Aldran's current square)

Terrain notes: Embankments are 5 feet high. Large rocks are 10 feet high. Brambles and rubble squares count as difficult terrain.

Dark Archive

Male N Human Druid 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

"Kuti! Attack the bird! You like to eat birds! Just follow your darn-danged nature, insolent feline!" Nahko pauses where he is, waiting to see that Kuti is in fact moving towards the enemy before beginning a summoning spell.

Actions:

Free: Handle Animal (attack any) DC 10, link: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 4 = 25
5' step
Full round: spontaneously cast summon nature's ally I (in place of produce flame)


Female N Cheetah | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 (16 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 (12 Fl) | F: +4, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: none

Kuti lifts her ears and finally seems to get intrigued by the action nearby. She easily weaves through the Pathfinders and leaps up, nipping at the fiery bird's flaming feathers.

Actions:

Move: 20'
Standard: attack red

Bite, magic fang: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19
Damage, P, magic fang: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male NG Elf Wizard 2 AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) T 13/FF 10 | CMB -1 CMD 12 | HP 16 | Init +9 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +8 | Speed 30 ft. | Light
Memorized Spells:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Ray of Frost, Read Magic L1: Burning Hands, Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Grease

Xusius fires off another missile from his wand at the fiery bird.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

Spell and tooth each take their toll on the flying threat.

May I suggest using and/or passing the game token? [ooc]Two votes on such an action is all it takes.

Second Round of Combat Cont'd/Third Two Begins

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Sarzuket
Seebonickk
Flaith

Round Three Begins
Aldran (shield of faith)
Xusius
Ruby fire bird -11 HP (five feet above ground, above Aldran's current square)
Nahko(shillelagh)
Kuti (magic fang)

Terrain notes: Embankments are 5 feet high. Large rocks are 10 feet high. Brambles and rubble squares count as difficult terrain.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf (core) Fighter / 1 Cleric / 1 HP 21 /21 AC 19 ( Touch 11 Flat 18) / Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 15 / Init +1/ Perception +1(+3 vs, stone work)

"Ha, you over sized chicken come down here and taste me ax"

Aldran readies to swing on the bird when it comes with in reach
And he will use the aid token Timely Inspiration to gain a +2 Bardic's Ispire Courage.

Ready action:

Power Attack Dwarven war ax: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 16
Slashing Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 17
The aid token Timely Inspiration +2 is added in the attack and damage


Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

As the dwarf raises his axe, the words of a fellow Pathfinder can be heard echoing through the surrounding hills. "Fight on, Pathfinders! Snuff the flames and save the Tapestry!"

Inspiring courage for 3 rounds from Aid Token

Second Round of Combat Cont'd/Third Two Begins

Party buffs: +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls (round 1 of 3)

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Sarzuket
Seebonickk
Flaith

Round Three Begins
Aldran (shield of faith)(readied action)
Xusius
Ruby fire bird -11 HP (five feet above ground, above Aldran's current square)
Nahko(shillelagh)
Kuti (magic fang)

Terrain notes: Embankments are 5 feet high. Large rocks are 10 feet high. Brambles and rubble squares count as difficult terrain.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf (core) Fighter / 1 Cleric / 1 HP 21 /21 AC 19 ( Touch 11 Flat 18) / Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 15 / Init +1/ Perception +1(+3 vs, stone work)

Oops I thought the token was boosted, sorry

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rog 3| HP 22 | AC 18; Touch 14; FF 15 | F +5; R +7; W +3 | CMB+2; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +12 Rogue 3

Seebonickk drops his crossbow and scrambles over the rock and tries to stab the bird

"Watch out Aldran"

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The Concordance

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Male N Gnome Cleric 1 (Gozreh) - Init +2, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 15; hp 11/11, F+5, R+2, W+4, Speed 15 ft. Skills Acrobatics 1, Appraise 1, Bluff 3, Climb -4, Diplomacy 7, Knowledge (nature) 6, Perception 4, Profession (Sailor) 8, Sense Motive 2, Spellcraft 5, Stealth 5, Survival 2

Sarzuket steps forward and attacks.

Icicle, Ranged Touch when within 30ft, bless: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 = 22
Cold Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

The nimble flyer narrowly avoids the crossbow bolt, but in doing so, it is strike by the magical cold. Portions of its flaming wings sputter and a cloud of steam follows in the wake of the bird of fire as it screeches in pain from the icy blow.

Second Round of Combat Cont'd/Third Two Cont'd

Party buffs: +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls (round 1 of 3)

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Sarzuket
Seebonickk
Flaith
Round Three Begins
Aldran (shield of faith)(readied action)
Xusius
Ruby fire bird -18 HP (five feet above ground, above Aldran's current square)
Nahko(shillelagh)
Kuti (magic fang)

Terrain notes: Embankments are 5 feet high. Large rocks are 10 feet high. Brambles and rubble squares count as difficult terrain.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

BOTTING Flaith - No post in 24+ hours

The paladin ponders the attackers next move.
Delaying

She does not have long to wait, as the bird of flame then descends toward the dwarf. The Pathfinder swings with his axe, but manages only to fan the flames.

The bird of fire responds, bringing its blazing wings to bear against the man of the earth.

Melee (slam): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage (F): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Melee (slam): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage (F): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The dwarf readily ducks the first wing, but would have been struck and set alight by the second were it not for the divine magic shielding him from harm. The bird backs off slightly. 5 ft. "step" upwards and northwards.

Third Round of Combat Cont'd/Fourth Round Begins

Party buffs: +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls (round 2 of 3)

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Nahko(shillelagh)
Kuti (magic fang)
Sarzuket
Seebonickk
Flaith

Round Four Begins
Aldran (shield of faith)
Xusius
Ruby fire bird -18 HP (five feet above ground, over square adjacent to Aldran's current square)

Terrain notes: Embankments are 5 feet high. Large rocks are 10 feet high. Brambles and rubble squares count as difficult terrain.

Dark Archive

Male N Human Druid 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nahko completes the casting of his summoning spell, calling a celestial eagle into being on the far side of the flaming bird. He moves around the rock and prepares to attack.

Actions:

Start of round: complete casting of summon natures ally using master of pentacles to cast at CL 4 (4 rounds duration)
Move: 20'
Standard: readied attack vs red if red enters a threatened square

Club, shillelagh, inspire courage: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 11
Damage, B, shillelagh, inspire courage: 2d6 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 15


Eagle (celestial)

The eagle comes into being and immediately begins attacking with talon and beak.

Actions:

Materializing 10' above ground (5' diagonally above flaming bird) to flank with Aldran

Full round: full attack

Bite, inspire courage, flank: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 18
Damage, P, inspire courage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4 +1 if evil

Talon, inspire courage, flank: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 26
Damage, S, inspire courage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4 +1 if evil

Talon, inspire courage, flank: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 11
Damage, S, inspire courage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7 +1 if evil

Talon 1 crit?: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 21
Crit damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6 +1 if evil


Female N Cheetah | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 (16 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 (12 Fl) | F: +4, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: none

Kuti steps around Aldran and unleashes her own fury of sharpness on the flaming bird, leaping as she needs to make contact.

Actions:

5' step
Full round: full attack

Bite, magic fang, inspire courage: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 13
Damage, P, magic fang, inspire courage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6

Claw, inspire courage: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22
Damage, S, inspire courage: 1d2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Claw, inspire courage: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19
Damage, S, inspire courage: 1d2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Sovereign Court

female Human Paladin 3
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF18 HP 22/2 F+6 R+5 W+4 Init +3 Perception -1 CMD 18

Flaith having triggered herself on the bird, Flaith moves in and attacks.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

The Concordance

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Male N Gnome Cleric 1 (Gozreh) - Init +2, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 15; hp 11/11, F+5, R+2, W+4, Speed 15 ft. Skills Acrobatics 1, Appraise 1, Bluff 3, Climb -4, Diplomacy 7, Knowledge (nature) 6, Perception 4, Profession (Sailor) 8, Sense Motive 2, Spellcraft 5, Stealth 5, Survival 2

"Saaaaaaaaaaaaaar-zuuuuuuuuuu-ket!" Yes his name is his battle cry!

Icicle, Ranged Touch when within 30ft, bless: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18
Cold Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

Male NG Elf Wizard 2 AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) T 13/FF 10 | CMB -1 CMD 12 | HP 16 | Init +9 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +8 | Speed 30 ft. | Light
Memorized Spells:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Ray of Frost, Read Magic L1: Burning Hands, Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Grease

Xusius moves and aims his wand at the fiery bird again.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf (core) Fighter / 1 Cleric / 1 HP 21 /21 AC 19 ( Touch 11 Flat 18) / Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 15 / Init +1/ Perception +1(+3 vs, stone work)

Aldran getting real mad that the bird will not say and fight. He still waits for it so he can swing on it again.
"It that the best ye got! Get down here and fight ye little chicken!"

Power Attack Dwarven war ax: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 1 + 1 = 7
Slashing Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 12

I would like a new set of dice please


Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

An impressive onslaught by humanoids and animals brings the fiery creature down. Amidst its death throes, the ruby bird of flame appears to self-immolate in a violent eruption of flames.

COMBAT OVER

When the flames die down, all that remains behind is a single tattered ruby-red feather imbued with magic of Hao Jin.

The party may attempt a Craft (cloth), Heal, Knowledge (arcana or planes), Spellcraft, or Use Magic Device check (DC 18+) in an effort to repair a portion of the Tapestry. (Using the soul-stitch the party obtained earlier, allows the party to roll any such twice and take the better result). Otherwise, the party may empower the feather and pass it to another table to be repaired. See Handout in Slides.

Meanwhile, additional birds of flame continue to circle overhead.

Assuming there will be time for another encounter, the party may choose to fight another of the same bird of flame or, by unanimous vote, face an opponent that is more challenging.

Dark Archive

Male N Human Druid 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nahko won't be much use on any of those checks. Also, he's pretty depleted, though healthy, and probably shouldn't vote to undergo a more powerful encounter now.

The Concordance

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Male N Gnome Cleric 1 (Gozreh) - Init +2, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 15; hp 11/11, F+5, R+2, W+4, Speed 15 ft. Skills Acrobatics 1, Appraise 1, Bluff 3, Climb -4, Diplomacy 7, Knowledge (nature) 6, Perception 4, Profession (Sailor) 8, Sense Motive 2, Spellcraft 5, Stealth 5, Survival 2

Sarzuket empowers the feather with the natural energies channeled from Gozreh!


Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

With the healing power of Gozreh taking hold, the party passes the magical feather to a nearby group of Pathfinders, hopeful that they may be able to make repairs. Meanwhile, it is clear that the party must fight on, for over a hundred feet above them flies screeching bird of flame whose attention you all have now garnered.

The bird dives toward...
Alphebetical: 1d7 ⇒ 7

Xusius!

Ruby bird of flame is 60 feet above Xusius' square on map.

Party has two rounds of actions to prepare for battle. Feel free to post any preparations with your initial actions in combat.

COMBAT BEGINS

Initiatives:

Sarzuket, Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Xusius, Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Nahko, Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Kuti, Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Aldran, Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Flaith, Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Seebonickk, Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Ruby bird of flame, Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

First Round of Combat

Party Buffs: none.
PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Nahko (shillelagh, 2 rds remaining)
Ruby bird of fire
Xusius
Sarzuket
Kuti (magic fang, 2 rds remaining)
Aldran (shield of faith, 2 rds remaining)
Flaith
Seebonickk

Terrain notes: Embankments are 5 feet high. Large rocks are 10 feet high. Brambles and rubble squares count as difficult terrain.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf (core) Fighter / 1 Cleric / 1 HP 21 /21 AC 19 ( Touch 11 Flat 18) / Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 15 / Init +1/ Perception +1(+3 vs, stone work)

"By Togar's beard we will stand tuff and smite these fowl...fowls"
Round 1 Aldran cast bless on the party

Realizing from the last bird of fiery death. That Aldran needed to get to where the bird was and not wait for it to attack him so he starts to climb up the rock.
CLIMB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Round 2 he starts to climb

Dark Archive

Male N Human Druid 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

"Kuti, be ready!" Nahko calls out, as he jockey's for position, ready to strike out himself.

Actions:

Free: Handle Animal (attack any) DC 10, link: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 4 = 16
Move: 10'
Standard: readied attack vs yellow if it enters a threatened square

Club, shillelagh, bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 10
Damage, B, shillelagh: 2d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

Male NG Elf Wizard 2 AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) T 13/FF 10 | CMB -1 CMD 12 | HP 16 | Init +9 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +8 | Speed 30 ft. | Light
Memorized Spells:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Ray of Frost, Read Magic L1: Burning Hands, Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Grease

"Aldran, wait! Let me help zou weeth zour ability to reach out and touch ze burning bird. I weel cast ze Enlarge Person spell upon zou eef zou can wait just a minute for eet to take effect."

Xusius will cast Enlarge Person on Aldran.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Mists | Beacon Code Dilemma

Barreling toward the wizard, the ruby bird of flame swoops at the elf...

Melee (slam) w/charge: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15
Damage (F): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

...but impacts only with his magical armor.

Ruby bird now in the 5 ft. square above Xusius,.

First Round of Combat Cont'd

Party Buffs: Bless
PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Nahko (shillelagh, 2 rds remaining)
Ruby bird of fire (reduced AC from charge)
Xusius
Sarzuket
Kuti
(magic fang, 2 rds remaining)
Aldran (shield of faith, 2 rds remaining, enlarged, climbing)
Flaith
Seebonickk

Second Round Begins
Nahko

Terrain notes: Embankments are 5 feet high. Large rocks are 10 feet high. Brambles and rubble squares count as difficult terrain.


Female N Cheetah | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 (16 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 (12 Fl) | F: +4, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: none

Kuti leaps into the air, swiping and biting at the flaming bird.

Actions:

Full round: full attack

Bite, magic fang, bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 23
Damage, P, magic fang: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Claw, bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22
Damage, S: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Claw, bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26
Damage, S: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

251 to 300 of 316 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII] GM Valen's Hao Jin Cataclysm (CORE) (Levels 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.