[Gameday VIII] GM Valen's Hao Jin Cataclysm (CORE) (Levels 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Lysle

Slides & Map


1 to 50 of 316 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

Here, is where our tale unravels...

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rog 3| HP 22 | AC 18; Touch 14; FF 15 | F +5; R +7; W +3 | CMB+2; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +12 Rogue 3

dot


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The Grand Lodge, the world headquarters for the organization of explorers known as the Pathfinder Society, is abuzz with activity as Pathfinders from throughout the Inner Sea gather within its imposing stone walls. Within its outer walls sit seven smaller fortified structures, the largest of which is Skyreach, an enormous five-towered building which also houses the Society's Grand Hall.

Located in the Foreign Quarter of the city of Absalom, the massive fortress houses many treasures of note. Among them is the Hao Jin tapestry. Won by the Society years ago in the famed Ruby Phoenix Tournament, the artifact has been the object of intensive scrutiny and study. Many centuries ago, the legendary Hao Jin crafted the created the tapestry as a sort of museum, ripping settlements and geographical features from Golarion and transporting them fully intact to the demiplane to be preserved. Ever since the Pathfinder Society gained access to this realm, its agents have been gradually exploring the demiplane's wonders, meeting its people, and cataloging its preserved historical relics.

Feel free to make character introductions.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf (core) Fighter / 1 Cleric / 1 HP 21 /21 AC 19 ( Touch 11 Flat 18) / Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 15 / Init +1/ Perception +1(+3 vs, stone work)

Dot

Sovereign Court

female Human Paladin 3
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF18 HP 22/2 F+6 R+5 W+4 Init +3 Perception -1 CMD 18

Flaith Festung is a beauriful young woman, about 5`6`` weighting around 140 Pounds. She has long braided honeycoloured hair and emerald green eyes.
She is wearing gold etched armor and a round steel shield with a golden Lion crest and armed with a cold iron Longsword.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Elf Wizard 2 AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) T 13/FF 10 | CMB -1 CMD 12 | HP 16 | Init +9 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +8 | Speed 30 ft. | Light
Memorized Spells:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Ray of Frost, Read Magic L1: Burning Hands, Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Grease

Xusius Xometh arrives at the Grand Lodge and promptly makes his way to the scribes who are making spell scrolls as he depleted his while in Varisia. He inquires about available scrolls to purchase.

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Former Master of Spells Aram Zey addresses the assembled Pathfinders as more agents stream into the Grand Lodge. “Pathfinders, an entire world is in danger! The Hao Jin Tapestry is on the brink of collapse. If we do not act now, all its wonders and its people will be lost to us forever. Find your assigned group, aid in our preparations to enter the demiplane however you can, and await further instructions.”

GMs, you have one day to complete your mustering and perform the tasks in Part 1.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

Countless Pathfinders stand ready in a large stone room deep beneath the Grand Lodge. A ragged tapestry covered in clashing colors and abstract symbols rests on an inclined slab in the center of the room, surrounded by scaffolds and ladders. Scholars frantically rush along the scaffolds, studying a flurry of rips appearing on the tapestry.

A harried oread woman approaches. “I am Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr. I won’t mince words—the situation is dire. This cloth is the famous Hao Jin Tapestry, an ancient relic the Pathfinder Society acquired in the Ruby Phoenix Tournament six years ago. It contains a vast wealth of locations, treasures, and peoples torn from Golarion by the sorceress Hao Jin. We have explored many regions of the tapestry, struggled to keep the Aspis Consortium from turning its populace against us, and devised a means to use the tapestry for fast travel across all of Golarion. But now, it has begun to unravel.”

”We must act quickly to repair the tapestry—and that means sending agents into the demiplane itself.” she continues. ”Our former Master of Spells, Aram Zey, knows more about the tapestry than anyone here. He is preparing a formal briefing.”

“In the meantime, familiarize yourself with your team, discuss any previous experience you may have with the Hao Jin Tapestry, and gather what information and resources you can.” the woman pauses upon seeing additional groups of Pathfinders entering the room, no doubt also in need of instruction.

As she begins to turn away to address, she stops and looks toward you all. “One more thing, and this is important:” she says a grim tone. “you will be able to retreat safely from the tapestry to Absalom. However, we cannot risk damaging the tapestry further by sending groups back and forth. Be sure that you gather everything you need before entering the tapestry, because once you return to Absalom, you will no longer be a part of this mission.”


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

Warning: Incoming Wall o'Text! Action Recommended!

With time limited, the gallery is abuzz with activity. All around you various groups of Pathfinders go about making preparations for the expedition. It is clear that their efforts could use some assistance as they scurry to complete their efforts before receiving an official briefing from Zey.

Below is a list of the various groups making preparations that the party can help undertake. The group can make a single check for each of the below tasks, though aiding each other is possible, as usual. Don’t take too long discussing, we’re only going to be in this phase for a very limited time.

You spy a group inspecting the tapestry itself, attempting to assess the damage and to better discern just what might be happening to it.

Appraise, Disable Device, Perception, or Use Magic Device (DC 12+):
You notice that the largest holes appear around six of the regions that Pathfinder agents visited in the past few years.

With a result of 15+, you may view the spoiler below:

Spoiler:
You notice that the tapestry is radiating warmth.

With a result of 18+, you may also view the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
You notice that, despite the tapestry’s warmth, there are spots around the largest tears that are chill as a grave.
Once during the adventure, when the group encounters one or more undead opponents, the group can activate this reward to grant the PCs a +4 bonus on their initiative checks for that encounter.

You overhear plans to “interrogate the Snakes”. It turns out that that some agents of the Aspis Consortium were recently arrested in the Absalom and are being held nearby for interrogation to discern if the Consortium is infiltrating the tapestry again. The imprisoned agents insist that the Consortium is not involved.

Bluff or Intimidate (DC 12+):
You believe the Consortium agents’ claims and get the agents to reveal that the Aspis Consortium recently tried to re-infiltrate the tapestry, but it was too unstable and they could not gain entry.
With a result of 15+, you may view the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
You are further able to convince the captured agents to provide information about the Consortium’s past dealings with groups in the tapestry.
Once during the adventure, one PC can gain a +2 bonus to a Charisma-based skill check made when interacting with a creature in the tapestry.

With a result of 18+, you may also view the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
You obtain specific details from the agents regarding the customs and culture of certain groups within the tapestry.
When using the reward above, the PC can roll twice and take the better result (in addition to gaining the +2 bonus).

A scholarly group of Pathfinders stand behind stacks of books that contain references to the Hao Jin Tapestry, trying to expand their knowledge of the weave.

Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local or planes) (DC 12+):

You now possess information affirming that many regions in the tapestry are pulled directly from Golarion. However, most of its denizens have lived in the tapestry for their entire lives, and some can trace back many generations to ancestors who lived on the tapestry as well.
Once during the adventure, one PC can reroll a failed Knowledge check and use the new result.
With a result of 15+, you may view the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
You have gained a greater understanding of the nature of the groups that dwell within the tapestry.
When using the reward above, the PC can instead reroll any one skill check.

With a result of 18+, you may also view the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
You have gained a greater understanding of the groups that dwell within the tapestry and of the tapestry itself.
When using the reward above, the PC can instead reroll any one d20 roll.

A strange sense seems to be in the air—the feeling of being watched. Could it be that something is watching? You see others perhaps experiencing it too, as they seem to trying to investigate to determine what is going on.

Knowledge (arcana or planes), Perception, Sense Motive, or Spellcraft (DC 12+):
You feel suddenly anxious, like you’ve just awoken from a nightmare, but the feeling is fleeting.
Once during the adventure, one PC can reroll a failed Knowledge check and use the new result.
With a result of 15+, you may view the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
You feel suddenly anxious and sense a malicious supernatural presence trying to enter your minds, but they manage to resist.
Once during the adventure before rolling a Will save, one PC may add a +2 bonus.

With a result of 18+, you may also view the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
You feel suddenly anxious and detect a malicious presence. Before fighting it off, you sense its intentions: to feed on the chaos and death in the tapestry.
Once during this adventure before attempting a Will save, one PC can roll twice and choose the better result..

Pathfinder agents are preparing a staging area and doing a supply check for the repair team’s supplies, including climbing gear, traveling gear, food and drink, and supplies for magic rituals.

Appraise, Craft (any relevant skill), Knowledge (arcana), or Profession (any relevant skill) (DC 12+):
The repair team, grateful for the your aid, provides each of you with a potion of cure serious wounds.
With a result of 15+, you may view the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
The grateful repair team also provides you each with a potion from their more limited stores.
Each of you receive one additional 1st level potion of your choice that does not have an expensive material component.

With a result of 18+, you may also view the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
The repair team is supplied well enough to set up a rudimentary shop in the Hao Jin Tapestry.
Between encounters, you may purchase items from the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook or Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Equipment with a price of 1,500 gp or less.

Veteran agents have gathered to briefly swap tales of the Society’s prior excursions into the demiplane and to retell the adventures of their own tales from the tapestry.

Diplomacy, Knowledge (history), or Perform (DC 12+):
You assemble the details of several stories of Pathfinder agents adventuring in the tapestry and dealing with all manner of different peoples and creatures, from ratfolk and lizardfolk to ancient mummies and manipulative demons.
Each time the PCs attempt a Knowledge check to identify a creature in the tapestry, one PC can choose to gain a +2 bonus on the check.

With a result of 15+, you may view the spoiler below:

Spoiler:
You think that form the details you’ve obtained, you’d have a pretty good chance of identifying certain denizens of the demiplane on sight.
Once during the scenario, each PC can roll twice and take the better result instead of gaining a +2 bonus.

With a result of 18+, you may also view the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
From the details obtained, you now feel as though you have been within the demiplane yourself.
Instead of rolling the Knowledge check twice to identify the creature (see above), the PC can treat their result as they had rolled a 20. Alternatively, the PC may gain the benefits of the DC15 result while treating the Knowledge skill as trained.

One group of agents has sprawled out a series of hastily drawn maps and sketches of areas within the demiplane, hoping to devise a series of useful travel tips for navigating and surviving a variety of terrains.

Knowledge (geography or nature), Profession (any relevant profession), or Survival (DC 12+):
You recall the various terrain types from the Pathfinder Society’s previous adventures in the tapestry: buildings, caves and tunnels, ancient ruins, mountains, and deserts. Many more are known to exist within the tapestry as well
With a result of 15+, you may view the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
You share advice for dealing with different terrains.
Once during the adventure, one PC can choose to re-roll a failed skill check made as part of their movement (such as Acrobatics, Climb, or Fly)

With a result of 18+, you may also view the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
You share advice for rapidly adapting to new environments and situations.
Each PC can use the benefit from the reward above.

The Concordance

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Male N Gnome Cleric 1 (Gozreh) - Init +2, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 15; hp 11/11, F+5, R+2, W+4, Speed 15 ft. Skills Acrobatics 1, Appraise 1, Bluff 3, Climb -4, Diplomacy 7, Knowledge (nature) 6, Perception 4, Profession (Sailor) 8, Sense Motive 2, Spellcraft 5, Stealth 5, Survival 2

"Shaylyn had nothin' to do with this. Convert to Gozreh. He's the real deal. And join us Concordance team: you'll get to explore the planes of the Great Beyond for free, and they'll even kick in some enhancements for ye! That Dark Archive posse is so 4715 man... we're a new group with a bunch of fresh faces and lots of room for promotion!"

You see a gnome carrying a large (for a gnome) sack of potatoes, zigzagging between tables and looking into people's businesses, currently trying to convince a young man he's just had an argument with. He then approaches your table.

"And what about you lot? what are you lookin' at here hey?" says the gnome, looking at the maps that the group has assembled before them, a twinkle of divination magic sparking in his right eye.

Knowledge Nature, Guidance: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27

"What do ye know! this all looks like the various terrain types from the Pathfinder Society’s previous adventures in the tapestry: buildings, caves and tunnels, ancient ruins, mountains, and deserts. I'll tell ye: all of these are connected by water, that's what! don't underestimate the creeks, rivers, lakes and seas of the tapestry! from the maps I've looked on before in the Grand Lodge, the real fiber of the Tapestry's water! mark my words! each of the terrains here will hold water: find the water, and you'll generally find a safe place to rest. Water likes to hang real low, and reach what they call a state of entropy. That's a fancy word for 'lyin'round doin' nuthin'... jus'like we like it after a battle, y'know..."

The gnome continues for far too long, but here and there the heroes hear a few bits of survivalist wisdom...

Looks like I've unlocked the Acrobatics, Climb, or Fly reroll for everyone at the table... whoohoo! :)

Sovereign Court

female Human Paladin 3
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF18 HP 22/2 F+6 R+5 W+4 Init +3 Perception -1 CMD 18

Flaith moves forward to the scholars and smiles.
"May I introduce myself. My name is Flaith, a follower militant of Iomedea. I am not very knowledgeable about the weave, could you please enlighten me."
Diplo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
We have one reroll, for any roll!

The Concordance

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Male N Gnome Cleric 1 (Gozreh) - Init +2, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 15; hp 11/11, F+5, R+2, W+4, Speed 15 ft. Skills Acrobatics 1, Appraise 1, Bluff 3, Climb -4, Diplomacy 7, Knowledge (nature) 6, Perception 4, Profession (Sailor) 8, Sense Motive 2, Spellcraft 5, Stealth 5, Survival 2

As per discussion here are Sarzuket's other checks, in order:
Assess Damage, Perception, Guidance: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7
Snakes, Bluff, Guidance: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8
Scholars, Diplomacy, Guidance: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15
Strange Sense, Spellcraft, Guidance: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
Supply Check, Profession Sailor, Guidance: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12
Swap Tales, Diplomacy, Guidance: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24
Maps (already done in post above): 27 + 0 = 27

Dark Archive

Male N Human Druid 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

A burly man, with a dangerous looking large cat tailing him, introduces himself to the team. "I'm Nahko, and this is Kuti. Heard of the Tapestry before, but never been inside. This should be interesting."

When tasked to, he immediately sets himself to helping assist his own and other teams for the trip inside.

Inspecting the tapestry damage
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Interrogating the Aspis
Intimidate: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18

Investigating the tapestry
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

Am I being watched?
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Assist the repair team
Profession (herbalist), masterwork tools: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14

Querying fellow Pathfinders
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

Terrain inside the Tapestry
Knowledge (nature), friend of Janira Gavix: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The party works quickly and efficiently, providing considerable aid to their fellow agents. Preparations are nearly complete, however, the
Pathfinder agents preparing a staging area and doing a supply check are still at work.

All spoilers have been uncovered except for those involving supply, where only the first spoiler has been uncovered thus far. Uncovering additional spoilers, will require a successful Appraise, Craft (any relevant skill), Knowledge (arcana), or Profession (any relevant skill) check or else sufficient aids to Profession (Herbalist or Sailor).

Grand Lodge

Male NG Elf Wizard 2 AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) T 13/FF 10 | CMB -1 CMD 12 | HP 16 | Init +9 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +8 | Speed 30 ft. | Light
Memorized Spells:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Ray of Frost, Read Magic L1: Burning Hands, Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Grease

A tall, very white and very thin blonde-haired elf walks up to the group poring over the maps.

Good evening! I am Xusius Xometh, weezard and Pathfinder. Eet ees a pleasure to meet many of zou again. I understand we are having a slight difficulty weeth ze Hao Jin Tapestry again. We need to do zomething about ze zupplies? I weel get right on zat."

Crafting(Bookbinding): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rog 3| HP 22 | AC 18; Touch 14; FF 15 | F +5; R +7; W +3 | CMB+2; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +12 Rogue 3

Seebonickk tries to help out with the tapestry.

"Let me look guys"

disable device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

With the aid of the gnome's gnowledge, the last of the staging area is complete and the agents stand ready for the orders commencing the expedition. The Pathfinders manning the newly-completed area urge their fellow agents to make any last minute purchases they deem necessary while they still remain in Absalom.

All spoilers are open/available boons earned! Well done, Pathfinders!

PCs should make any purchases they deem necessary before moving to the next part. Once the overseer's announcement comes (or as soon thereafter as I can), we will move into Part 2!

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf (core) Fighter / 1 Cleric / 1 HP 21 /21 AC 19 ( Touch 11 Flat 18) / Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 15 / Init +1/ Perception +1(+3 vs, stone work)

Aldran, A heavy armored dwarf, looks over the supplies pointing out a few things if they go underground.
Profession miner: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

And just getting in away

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Aram Zey cries out in alarm as a massive rip appears in the Hao Jin Tapestry. A silvery void dances within the breach. “The rifts are widening—we’re running out of time! Quickly, Pathfinders. Finish your preparations and gather around the tapestry.”

Aram Zey’s gaze remains fixed on the tapestry as he addresses the crowd around him. He is harried and pale, with dark bags under his bloodshot eyes. His hands tremble slightly as he sets a mug of coffee down on a table already littered with empty cups. “Pathfinders, the Hao Jin Tapestry is falling to pieces. Both the physical object you see before you and the mystical realm it contains have been unraveling for several months, possibly even longer. My only hope is that there is still time to save the tapestry
and those who live inside.”

The former Master of Spells glares at the tapestry for a moment, and then a new rip catches his attention. He jabs a finger at the frayed fabric. “There! You see? The degradation is causing—or perhaps caused by—rifts to the Astral Plane that are appearing throughout the demiplane. Fixing these tears is not as simple as stitching fabric or performing a few rituals. We must enter the tapestry itself, find the rifts, and repair them as best we can. But the tapestry is in chaos—undead horrors are emerging throughout the demiplane, and we do not quite understand why. On top of that, the people and creatures of the tapestry are reacting to the chaos, and they are only making matters worse! That, Pathfinders, is where you come in.”

Aram Zey finally turns to face the crowd gathered around him. “The tapestry is a massive realm, and we have spent years exploring it and using it for travel. I fear that our activities are at least partly responsible for the degradation. I don’t think it’s a coincidence many of the six most damaged areas of the tapestry are sites of previous Pathfinder missions.” Zey’s face twists into a pained expression, “My efforts to repair the demiplane over the course of the last several days have met with nothing but failure. The decline continues to accelerate. I have no choice but to send you into the tapestry to deal with the chaos around these six sites. I’ll be sending in other teams to perform the laborious work of patching the rifts once you’ve established control of the situation. Then I can work on a permanent solution. Time is of the essence. By my estimates, in a little over two day’s time, the entire demiplane will collapse without your efforts. I don’t care what motivates you, whether you want to preserve powerful artifacts, save innocent lives, or be a good Pathfinder—get in there and get the job done.”

Aram Zey returns his gaze to the tapestry, raising his hand to his forehead and wincing in pain. In a low grumble, he adds, “You all are this demiplane’s last hope. Don’t let them down.”

Table GMs, please begin Part 2.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

"You lot." says Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin, motioning to the assembled party. "Come with me." He leads you over to one of the tables where a map and various papers identifying various realms within the Hao Jin Tapestry.

“As Aram Zey said, we have identified the six most damaged areas of the tapestry." Valsin notes grimly. "Unfortunately, each of these areas is populated. In some of them, you’ll find allies who require aid, and in others long-time foes that would thwart our efforts. We must defeat these foes or win them over to our side. Choose your missions carefully! If you have visited the tapestry before, its people are likely to remember you, for good or ill."

“I do have one piece of good news—the tapestry’s attempts to repair itself have caused loose threads from these six locations to connect to each other. What that means for you is that traveling between those locations once you’re inside should be straightforward." he says, gesturing towards the damaged artifact. "Advance scouts tell us these connections look like bridges made of tattered fabric decorated to resemble the two locations in the tapestry that the bridge connects."

“As for getting back home, when you enter, you’ll leave a little blue portal behind you. It’s called an astral eddy, and it’s your personal connection to the Material Plane. Walk back into it, and you’ll reappear in Absalom. Once you’ve come home, though, we won’t be sending you back in." The Venture-Captain pauses to allow the weight of his words to sink in.

After a few moments, he imparts, “You have two days to complete as many missions as you can, but don’t be so hasty that you throw away your lives. Take the time to rest if you find a safe place.”

The party must choose which mission to go to first. The missions can be selected from Handout #2, which is now available on Slides. [b]Once I see that 2 PCs have identified an initial mission to undertake, I will move us into that encounter so to keep things moving.

You have 6 missions to choose from, each in different regions of the tapestry. You can attempt the missions in any order. Please note, that it’s unlikely that you'll have time to complete all six missions, so consider those locations you think best match your PCs’ abilities and interests.

For tracking spell durations, assume that each mission takes about 1 hour to complete and that it takes 10 minutes to travel between locations.

For item purchases, there are enough Pathfinders in the tapestry to provide spellcasting services between encounters, as though the PCs were in a large city.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rog 3| HP 22 | AC 18; Touch 14; FF 15 | F +5; R +7; W +3 | CMB+2; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +12 Rogue 3

mission 5 1st?

still on my anniversary trip till the 15th

Dark Archive

Male N Human Druid 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nahko is pretty combat focused, so probably doesn't have much to contribute to Mission 5. His vote goes towards 1, 2, or 4.

The Concordance

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Male N Gnome Cleric 1 (Gozreh) - Init +2, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 15; hp 11/11, F+5, R+2, W+4, Speed 15 ft. Skills Acrobatics 1, Appraise 1, Bluff 3, Climb -4, Diplomacy 7, Knowledge (nature) 6, Perception 4, Profession (Sailor) 8, Sense Motive 2, Spellcraft 5, Stealth 5, Survival 2

"Alright friends! how about we secure the water source for everyone?"

One vote for Mission 6


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

Looks like, so far, there is one single vote for each mission. Accordingly, the very next vote will be where the party heads first.

Dark Archive

Male N Human Druid 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Somebody could still vote for #3 and throw a wrench in that plan, GM ;)


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Nahko Bear wrote:
Somebody could still vote for #3 and throw a wrench in that plan, GM ;)

Shhhh! Quiet! Someone might hear you! ; P

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf (core) Fighter / 1 Cleric / 1 HP 21 /21 AC 19 ( Touch 11 Flat 18) / Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 15 / Init +1/ Perception +1(+3 vs, stone work)

I like #3 let do that one first ;o)

And to start the mission 1d6 ⇒ 1

And the Winner is #1

"Lets go and help the we lizard folk with their undead problem."
Aldran says


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The six locations identified as in need of repair are connected by "tears" in the metaphysical fabric of the tapestry, which are in need of stabilization. By selecting the location of the Muckmouth, the cavernous home of the Muckmouth lizardfolk, on the physical tapestry in the Grand Lodge and uttering the command word, you instantly enter into another realm, a demiplane. Behind you floats a 2-foot-diameter sphere of pulsing blue light known as an astral eddy, each visible only to you whose journey to the tapestry has created it. Stepping into your own astral eddy will shift you back to the Material Plane precisely where you left, along with any carried objects.

The Muckmouth consists of a series of caves, which along with their inhabitants were accidentally transported into the tapestry long ago. When the you arrive at the Muckmouth caves, the guards usher you inside quickly, some apparently pleased to see that you are Pathfinders.

The Muckmouth tribe’s caves are dry but littered with the bones of cave-dwelling fish. In the central cavern, a small band of bedraggled lizardfolk watch as their ancient leader limps forward. Long strings of tiny bones dangle from her armbands, clacking on the stone floor.

“Welcome, Pathfinder friends. I am Oosthic, and I remember my tribe’s debt to you for rescuing our eggs and our home. We must call on your strength once more." says one of the older, scaled tribal members.

"Our water has vanished. Without water, the Muckmouth grow weak. Many have perished seeking water in the ancient ruins beneath our home. The ruins are crumbling, and the living dead slither from the walls. I fear the serpent empire seeks vengeance against the Muckmouth for disturbing its ruins, but we had no choice. Destroy the undead and secure the lost magic of the serpentfolk for our tribe." the speaker implores. "The Muckmouth must survive!”

Once you are ready, the Muckmouth sentries lead your through a series of twisting passages that eventually lead to a ruined serpentfolk city cradled in a steep-walled mountain valley. Emerging from the tunnels, you find yourself within a valley filled with crumbling buildings. At their center, stands a massive ziggurat.

The lizardfolk guides halt. "We go no further." the one says, "until assured of safety."

"Only once all nearby dangers have been eliminated." chimes in another with a hissing, rasping voice.

PC Perception & Initiative:

Sarzuket, Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Xusius, Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Nahko, Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Kuti, Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Aldran, Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Flaith, Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Seebonickk, Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Sarzuket, Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Xusius, Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Nahko, Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Kuti, Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Aldran, Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Flaith, Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Seebonickk, Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

GM Perception & Initiative:

Skeleton (red) Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Skeleton (yellow) Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Skeleton (green) Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Zombie (purple) Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Zombie (black) Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Skeletons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Zombies: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

Sharp-eyed members of the party spot a number of undead looming behind the remains of a wall in one of the nearby ruins.

COMBAT BEGINS!

Surprise Round Combat

Each PC in bold may take a move OR standard action

Xusius
Flaith

Kuti
Undead (black, purple)
Nahko
Undead (red, yellow, green)
Sarzuket
Aldran
Seebonickk

Map revealed on Slides

Before undead move, please let me know if the party wants to use the one-time boon to raise Initiative against undead for this encounter. Otherwise, I assume the party will hold it in reserve.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Elf Wizard 2 AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) T 13/FF 10 | CMB -1 CMD 12 | HP 16 | Init +9 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +8 | Speed 30 ft. | Light
Memorized Spells:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Ray of Frost, Read Magic L1: Burning Hands, Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Grease

Xusius takes the potion of Cure Serious Wounds and selects a potion of Remove Fear as well.

Seeing the undead, Xusius pulls out his trusty Wand of Magic Missiles!


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

First group of undead missed their notice rolls, so Nahko can also act before opponents.

Knowledge (religion)(DC 11) re red, yellow, green:

These are unraveling skeletons!
You may ask a question and another for each 5 by which you exceed the DC./ooc]

Knowledge (religion)(DC 12) black, purple:

These are unraveling zombies!.
[Ooc]You may ask a question and another for each 5 by which you exceed the DC./ooc][

Surprise Round Combat Cont'd

Each PC in bold may take a move OR standard action

Xusius
Flaith
Kuti
Undead (black, purple)
Nahko
Undead (red, yellow, green)
Sarzuket
Aldran
Seebonickk

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf (core) Fighter / 1 Cleric / 1 HP 21 /21 AC 19 ( Touch 11 Flat 18) / Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 15 / Init +1/ Perception +1(+3 vs, stone work)

Aldran take the Cure Serious Potion and a potion of Expeditious Retreat

Sovereign Court

female Human Paladin 3
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF18 HP 22/2 F+6 R+5 W+4 Init +3 Perception -1 CMD 18

Flaith quickly moves forward and brings her shield at the ready to defend against the undead.
"What kind of vile undead are those and how best to destroy them?"
Potion of serious wounds and a potion of shield of faith

Dark Archive

Male N Human Druid 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nahko calls out to Kuti "Stay in front, but don't go far!" He begins circling around the crumbling building, drawing his club as he goes and then enchanting it.

Actions:

Free: Handle Animal (defend) DC 10, link: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 4 = 20
Move: 20' drawing club
Standard: cast shillelah


Female N Cheetah | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 (16 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 (12 Fl) | F: +4, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: none

Kuti follows Nahko, stepping in front of the druid when Nahko pauses. She looks ready to bite anything that approaches.

Actions:

Move: 30'
Standard: readied attack vs any foe that enters a threatened square

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage, B: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The druid casts a spell, which finally prompts the attention of his feline companion.

Nahko:
A PC may only take a move or standard action during surprise round. Also, Kuti failed the Perception check and cannot act this turn. Therefore, to move things along, I am assuming that Nahko is using a standard action to cast his spell rather than moving without his companion. As the undead are limited to only a standard or move action, Nahko's position would not have any impact this round and Nahko (and Kuti) will get to take a full round of actions before the red undead acts again.

Also, I have removed Kuti from the Initiative order and will assume that she will wait to act when Nahko does. If you want the animal to act on its own before Nahko acts, then feel free to have Kuti do so.

Suddenly, one of the skeletal undead (red), having somehow spied the approaching Pathfinders through the cavities in its skull where once would have sat eyes, approaches the party in a direct, straight line.

As it approaches the remnants of the ruined wall, it does not alter its path. Instead, as the undead makes contact with the wall, the stone seems to stretch, then separate into patches and then into strands, which unravel before the undead, allowing the boney foe to pass through the barrier as easily as a fish swims through water!

Surprise Round Combat Cont'd/First Full Round of Combat Begins!

Each PC in bold may take a move OR standard action

Xusius
Flaith
Undead (black, purple)
Nahko
Undead (red, yellow, green)
Sarzuket
Aldran
Seebonickk

Round One Begins
The PCs below may take a full round of actions
Xusius
Flaith

The Concordance

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Male N Gnome Cleric 1 (Gozreh) - Init +2, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 15; hp 11/11, F+5, R+2, W+4, Speed 15 ft. Skills Acrobatics 1, Appraise 1, Bluff 3, Climb -4, Diplomacy 7, Knowledge (nature) 6, Perception 4, Profession (Sailor) 8, Sense Motive 2, Spellcraft 5, Stealth 5, Survival 2

"Ah! a target! Sarzuuuuuuuuuuuu-KET!!!" screams the gnome, using his own name as a battle cry and simultaneously producing a bolt of lightning out of his hands!

Lightning Arc, Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Electricity Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The bolt flies out... and misses the target by at least 3 feet.

"$%^#E$^%#$%^#$%^E#$YRT EHGSET%$%!!!!!!!" curses Sarzuket in gnomish, saying something that would put the most salty of sailors to shame.


Female N Cheetah | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 (16 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 (12 Fl) | F: +4, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: none

All good GM! I neglected to notice that this was a surprise round; thanks for the correction.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Elf Wizard 2 AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) T 13/FF 10 | CMB -1 CMD 12 | HP 16 | Init +9 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +8 | Speed 30 ft. | Light
Memorized Spells:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Ray of Frost, Read Magic L1: Burning Hands, Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Grease

Xusius aims his Wand of Magic Missile at the red undead and fires off a shot. If the Red Undead is already dead by this time, please direct the fire at the closest undead

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf (core) Fighter / 1 Cleric / 1 HP 21 /21 AC 19 ( Touch 11 Flat 18) / Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 15 / Init +1/ Perception +1(+3 vs, stone work)

Pointing at the undead coming to them. Aldran says a simple prayer and a Acid Bolt leaps from his hand at the undead (red).

Range touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The sparking gnome fails to hit his mark, but the dwarf does not make the same miscalculation. His magical bolt strikes the skeletal undead (red), the acid eats through the bones completely.

BOTTING - Seebonickk - per request (although in the future, I request that players please make arrangements with another player to do the botting or leave botting instructions.

The other gnome retrieves his sword.

With the nearest foe now dissolving and the other undead still huddled behind a wall, Xusius moves into a position where he can see one of the undead and fires a magic missile at it. (Relocated Xusius' token on map to allow for line of sight.

Another skeletal undead (green) drops, having been blown to pieces by the magical projectile.

First Full Round of Combat Cont'd

Each PC in bold may take a full round of actions
Xusius
Flaith
Undead (black, purple)
Nahko
Undead (red, yellow, green)
Sarzuket
Aldran
Seebonickk

Terrain Notes: The walls are 10 feet high and impassable (except, apparently, by the undead). The ditch around the party is 5 feet deep. Predominantly green squares and those with steps are difficult terrain.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

BOTTING - Flaith - No post in 24+ hours/No botting instructions. (I request that players please make arrangements with another player to do the botting or leave botting instructions.)

The paladin considers her actions.
Flaith delays. PC may post at any time.

Two more undead (black, purple), covered in tatters of rags and appearing more like walking corpses than those skeletal undead now destroyed, move swiftly towards the party. As with the other undead, these creatures sport virtually unobstructed movement, the obstacles within the environment instead seeming to unravel and fray around them as they scurry forth.

Arms outstretched toward the Pathfinders, the undead move ahead mindlessly with singular purpose.
Double move

First Full Round of Combat Cont'd

Each PC in bold may take a full round of actions
Xusius
Flaith (delaying)
Undead (black, purple)
Nahko
Kuti

Undead (red, yellow, green)
Sarzuket
Aldran
Seebonickk

Terrain Notes: The walls are 10 feet high and impassable. The ditch around the party is 5 feet deep. Predominantly green squares and those with steps are difficult terrain (Undead appear to be using different "Notes").

Dark Archive

Male N Human Druid 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nahko draws the club he just enchanted, pointing at one of the undead. "OK Kuti, now!" He steps forward himself, making room for Kuti to maneuver, and strikes hard at the apparent zombie.

Actions:

Move: draw club
Free: Handle Animal (attack any) DC 10, link: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 4 = 15
5' step
Standard: attack black

Club, shillelagh: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
Damage, B, shillelagh: 2d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 + 1 = 7


Female N Cheetah | HP: 19/19 | AC: 17 (16 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 (12 Fl) | F: +4, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: none

Kuti launches herself at the zombie, biting and scratching with all she has.

Actions:

5' step
Full round: full attack vs. black

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage, S: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage, S: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage, S: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The undead, seemingly quick for its kind, avoids the club of the druid, but not the claws and teeth of the cat, which tear into much of its remaining flesh.

A third undead composed of bones and adorned only with fraying tatters of cloth emerges through the wall like and rushes forward, seeming to weave through obstacles that seem to part for its approach. The skeletal creature brandishes a broken scimitar and a boney claw.
Double move

First Full Round of Combat Cont'd

Each PC in bold may take a full round of actions

Xusius
Flaith (delaying)
Undead (black, purple)
Nahko
Kuti
Undead (red, yellow, green)
Sarzuket
Aldran
Seebonickk

Round Two Begins
Xusius
Flaith

Undead (black -7 HP, purple)
Nahko
Kuti
Undead (yellow)
Sarzuket
Aldran
Seebonickk

Terrain Notes: The walls are 10 feet high and impassable. The ditch around the party is 5 feet deep. Predominantly green squares and those with steps are difficult terrain (Undead appear to be using different "Notes").

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rog 3| HP 22 | AC 18; Touch 14; FF 15 | F +5; R +7; W +3 | CMB+2; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +12 Rogue 3

sorry on my phone. Could someone move me near Xusius

Seebonickk moves near the wizard and tries to stab the undead.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The walking corpse readily avoids the gnom's blade.

First Full Round of Combat Cont'd/Second Begins

Each PC in bold may take a full round of actions

Xusius
Flaith (delaying)
Undead (black, purple)
Nahko
Kuti
Undead (red, yellow, green)
Sarzuket
Aldran

Seebonickk
Round Two Begins
Xusius
Flaith
Undead (black -7 HP, purple)
Nahko
Kuti
Undead (yellow)
Sarzuket
Aldran
Seebonickk

Terrain Notes: The walls are 10 feet high and impassable. The ditch around the party is 5 feet deep. Predominantly green squares and those with steps are difficult terrain (Undead appear to be using different "Notes").

The Concordance

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Male N Gnome Cleric 1 (Gozreh) - Init +2, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 15; hp 11/11, F+5, R+2, W+4, Speed 15 ft. Skills Acrobatics 1, Appraise 1, Bluff 3, Climb -4, Diplomacy 7, Knowledge (nature) 6, Perception 4, Profession (Sailor) 8, Sense Motive 2, Spellcraft 5, Stealth 5, Survival 2

Sarzuket takes a step forward and channels divine energy to destroy all the undead!

Channel to hurt undead, Will DC 14 for 1/2 dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 4 positive energy dmg.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

Will save, black: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Will save, purple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Will save, yellow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Struck by the waver of positive energy, the two walking corpses take the brunt of it. However, the skeletal attacker does not emerge unscathed.

First Full Round of Combat Cont'd/Second Round Begins

Each PC in bold may take a full round of actions

Xusius
Flaith (delaying)
Undead (black, purple)
Nahko
Kuti
Undead (red, yellow, green)
Sarzuket
Aldran
Seebonickk
Round Two Begins
Xusius
Flaith
Undead (black) -11 HP; (purple) -4 HP
Nahko
Kuti
Undead (yellow) -2 HP
Sarzuket
Aldran
Seebonickk

Grand Lodge

Male NG Elf Wizard 2 AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) T 13/FF 10 | CMB -1 CMD 12 | HP 16 | Init +9 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +8 | Speed 30 ft. | Light
Memorized Spells:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Ray of Frost, Read Magic L1: Burning Hands, Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Grease

Xusius will take a five-foot step back and fire his Wand of Magic Missile at the Purple undead.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The magic bolt blows pieces of stringy flesh off of the undead (purple).

First Full Round of Combat Cont'd/Second Round Cont'd

Each PC in bold may take a full round of actions

Xusius
Flaith (delaying)
Undead (black, purple)
Nahko
Kuti
Undead (red, yellow, green)
Sarzuket
Aldran
Seebonickk
Round Two Begins
Xusius
Flaith
Undead (black) -11 HP; (purple) -7 HP
Nahko
Kuti
Undead (yellow) -2 HP
Sarzuket
Aldran
Seebonickk

1 to 50 of 316 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII] GM Valen's Hao Jin Cataclysm (CORE) (Levels 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.