GM Samy's Strange Aeons

Game Master Samy

All-female Strange Aeons with Samy's house rules. | Google Slides


351 to 383 of 383 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

The last thing Saiya sees before she collapses is the creature's snarling face. Her last thought is, Damn it...should have stayed behind the Vixen after all.

Stabilization Roll: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (12) - 4 = 8

Failed to stabilize, drop to -5 hit points. Help us Jass, you're our only hope!


F Drow Fighter (Gloomblade) 1 from Faerûn | HP 10/10 | AC 15 | Perc +6 | Enduring Stoicism | Init +1

Seeing the two other women fall sends a shiver up Malarra's spine, but she stands her ground and thrusts in with the shadowy rapier.

Melee Attack Rapier: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 = 20 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"You really should just die now. Tattered man will probably want to take samples from your corpse after we leave."


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

The Vixen falls, hoping her taking the hits buys time for the others to finish the for...

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Not sure if I'm rolling this right, but nat.18 anyway. Negative 5 is my HP.


F Samasaran Oracle (Dual-Cursed, Spirit Guide) from Ustalav | HP 14/14 | AC 16 | Perception +8 | Methodical Mind | Init +0 (Roll twice, Temporal Celerity) | Spells: 1st: 5/5
Vitals:
LN Samsaran HP: 14/14, AC: 16 T: 10 FF: 16 Perception +8 (Low Light) Initiative: +0 Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +4 (+2 death effects and negative energy) CMB: 0, CMD: 19, Speed: 30
Skills:
Know(Arcana) +8, Know(Dungeon) +7, Know(History) +7, Know(Planes) +8, Perception +8, Spellcraft +7, UMD +11, Prof(Librarian) +6

Erisa sees Vixen fall in front of her and she stares into the unnatural eyes of the creature. She feels a shiver of fright tremble through her. Taking the fright as an inspiration, she yells, "Flee!" at the frightening monster.

She casts Command (DC 13) at the creature. It looks like it may have no way to go back and must flee past us.

In case that happens, here's the AOO:
Heavy Mace: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Which fails.

If it saves and attacks her, she'll use Misfortune on it if it rolls greater than a 7 (it looks like it's +8 and she's AC 16.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Enemy Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Fail!

Malarra gets an AoO when the enemy tries to flee.

I would really prefer Jass check in before adjudicating what happens next, because some good rolls from Jass might make the difference between combat end and an annoying chase.


F Drow Fighter (Gloomblade) 1 from Faerûn | HP 10/10 | AC 15 | Perc +6 | Enduring Stoicism | Init +1

Pending Jass input, here is an AoO roll in case it is needed.

AoO - Rapier: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23 AoO Crit?: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 +Crit Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 So 5 piercing damage if not a crit for some reason, 12 if a crit.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Niiiiiice.

That's enough damage to bring the enemy down regardless of Jass, so --

COMBAT END!


F Drow Fighter (Gloomblade) 1 from Faerûn | HP 10/10 | AC 15 | Perc +6 | Enduring Stoicism | Init +1

Sweet, will rp the above then.

The not a doctor drops her attention as she looks like she is going flee.

"No. You are staying here." She thrusts the shadowy blade under the doctor's arm through the armpit, finally bringing the creature down.

Seeing the creature fall, she turns to the others. "Anyone able to heal them?"


F Samasaran Oracle (Dual-Cursed, Spirit Guide) from Ustalav | HP 14/14 | AC 16 | Perception +8 | Methodical Mind | Init +0 (Roll twice, Temporal Celerity) | Spells: 1st: 5/5
Vitals:
LN Samsaran HP: 14/14, AC: 16 T: 10 FF: 16 Perception +8 (Low Light) Initiative: +0 Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +4 (+2 death effects and negative energy) CMB: 0, CMD: 19, Speed: 30
Skills:
Know(Arcana) +8, Know(Dungeon) +7, Know(History) +7, Know(Planes) +8, Perception +8, Spellcraft +7, UMD +11, Prof(Librarian) +6

Woo! Nice time for a crit :D

Ah, it appears that Saiya is the only one of us besides me with CLW.

Erisa bends down to staunch Saiya's wound. She chants a short prayer. Her hand glows as she covers the wound with it.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The wound mostly heals, but the dark skinned woman does not wake up. Erisa covers the wound again with her glowing hand.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The wound heals nearly completely and Saiya begins to regain consciousness.

Okay, let's hope you have healing spells left Saiya, because I'm tapped out for the day.


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) from Katapesh | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +4 R +4 W +5 I Perception +7 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 3/day

Sorry about that - not sure why I wasn't getting updates.

Jassminder pulls out her medical kit and wordlessly attends to the wounded.

Heal, healer kit: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15

Heal, healer kit: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

Unfortunately I'm out too.

"Ugh." Saiya groans as she opens her eyes. Glancing sideways, she sees the very dead shapeshifter nearby. "Good. You all killed it." She nods to herself, clearly still a little out of it. "Good. That's...that's good."

She slowly pushes herself to her feet, swaying slightly as she stands. "Vixen's still down? S~~!, I can't help. Not without some rest. Maybe those barricade guys have something." She pokes the dead shapeshifter with a foot, then looks around the room. "We've got their damn bodies at least, even if only one of them was actually our kill. Maybe we should remove the bolts so that's not immediately obvious." She staggers over to one of the dead shapeshifters and start doing just that.

As she works, without looking at Erisa, she says, "Uh, thanks. For not letting me die and stuff."


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) from Katapesh | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +4 R +4 W +5 I Perception +7 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 3/day

Jassminder looks up briefly from her work in stabilising Vixen so she doesn't die. She shakes her head at Saiya's plan. "No lies. We have one chance with those guards. If they find out we lied to them that is over, I think."

She turns back to her work. "She's out of danger. Any more than that is beyond me right now."


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

Saiya stops and takes a deep breath. "Fine. You don't want to lie. Hell, maybe you've even got a point. But I'm still hurt, our strongest fighter is down, and if we go hunting for more shapeshifters right now we are going to die." She looks at Jass, her face expressionless. "We need food, water, and a place to rest. So how do you propose we get those things?"


F Samasaran Oracle (Dual-Cursed, Spirit Guide) from Ustalav | HP 14/14 | AC 16 | Perception +8 | Methodical Mind | Init +0 (Roll twice, Temporal Celerity) | Spells: 1st: 5/5
Vitals:
LN Samsaran HP: 14/14, AC: 16 T: 10 FF: 16 Perception +8 (Low Light) Initiative: +0 Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +4 (+2 death effects and negative energy) CMB: 0, CMD: 19, Speed: 30
Skills:
Know(Arcana) +8, Know(Dungeon) +7, Know(History) +7, Know(Planes) +8, Perception +8, Spellcraft +7, UMD +11, Prof(Librarian) +6

"Perhaps we can barricade ourselves in the boiler room and rest for a short while," suggests Erisa.


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) from Katapesh | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +4 R +4 W +5 I Perception +7 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 3/day

Jassminder has been avoiding people's gaze up until now; flicking her eyes up and away, looking at the surroundings - but now she does look directly at Saiya.

There is no empathy in that look - no hostility, no anger, but no warmth, either: nothing that says I am looking at another person. Jassminder sees things...differently from other people, and one of the differences is in seeing other people as things.

The fetchling might as well be furniture.

"It isn't a question of not wanting to lie. It's..."

She struggles to explain. "If I can lie, I can do - other things. You might not like the outcome. Best to tell the truth."

Paladin code, meet sociopath. :/


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

Saiya looks Jassminder in the eyes, and she doesn't flinch. Visibly at least. Slowly she nods. "Okay. No lying. I can work with that." She takes another deep breath, and her eyes take on a focused look. "The boiler room could work. Let's drag this body back to the barricade as a gesture of good will. Maybe we can even talk them into giving us a potion or something for Vix. Barricade ourselves in, have one or two people on watch at all times. I'll need about eight hours of sleep before I can cast any spells." She glances at Erisa. "Guessing it's the same for you?"

At least Jassminder doesn't have a glass eye?


F Drow Fighter (Gloomblade) 1 from Faerûn | HP 10/10 | AC 15 | Perc +6 | Enduring Stoicism | Init +1

While the others bicker about the morality of presenting the dead bodies or not, and getting their fallen back on their feet - I hope - Malarra allows the rapier to dissolve back into the shadows. She then proceeds to grab the dead grey by both feet and drag it behind her like a sled.

"Perhaps they will take a down payment in exchange for some healing salves. Either way, its not getting any deader, I am taking it back before the tattered man has time to collect a tribute."

Without really waiting for the others, she sets off toward the barricade, grizzly sled in tow.


Female Kitsune, Usually Human form Kitsune Sorcerer (Tattood) from Tian Xia | HP 8/8 | AC 11 | Perception +1 | Twitchy

Miyuki just shrugs at the discussion and takes more care of the velvet vixen. Heal: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

(Deleted per GM clarification below.)

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

I believe Miyuki's heal roll was a skill roll that failed, not an amount of HP that Vixen regained. So I think Vixen is still at -5hp. She will need to make a DC 10 Con check once an hour to regain consciousness, as per here.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

CON: 1d20 ⇒ 3
CON after 1 hr: 1d20 ⇒ 14
(Will wake in one hour.)


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) from Katapesh | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +4 R +4 W +5 I Perception +7 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 3/day

Jassminder nods at Saiya and Malarra's suggestion. "That is rational. A backup plan to use the boiler room is also rational. Let us proceed."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

"Well, that's one dead shapechanger!" the voices from the barricade call out as they see Jass dragging in one of the grays. "Maybe you *aren't* one of them after all..." Starting to come around, but still sounding a bit unconvinced.


F Drow Fighter (Gloomblade) 1 from Faerûn | HP 10/10 | AC 15 | Perc +6 | Enduring Stoicism | Init +1

Tossing the body about a foot away from the barricade, she looks at them.

"One of our group was severely injured killing this for you. You ought to be grateful enough to at least give us a bit of medicine so that she can continue to do so."

There is no anger in her voice as she says this. Rather she seems to be stating it in the same matter of fact tone you would use to explain a mathematical problem and its solution.

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Female Kitsune, Usually Human form Kitsune Sorcerer (Tattood) from Tian Xia | HP 8/8 | AC 11 | Perception +1 | Twitchy

Miyuki starts to join the tune.
"Please,she is stable, but she is our best warrior. And we desperatly lack the powers to heal us. Maybe someone with you has at least the decency to use his faith to save her!"
AidDiplo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

While the others are trying to convince the barricade people to part with a healing potion, Saiya spreads out one of her winter blankets on the floor. "Help me move Vix onto this, will you? It should make it easier to carry her without jostling her too much." She's not looking at anyone in particular when she says this.

Once Vix is positioned on the extremely makeshift stretcher, Saiya will help carry her back. Either to the boiler room or the barricade; it doesn't really matter. Both are in the same direction anyway.


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) from Katapesh | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +4 R +4 W +5 I Perception +7 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 3/day

Jassminder nods and helps move the patient onto a blanket for ease of transport. "Let us take her directly to the boiler room. It is rational for the guards to be cautious of us so I doubt they will let us in or help us until we have met their conditions. Trust is overrated."


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

"Boiler room it is." Saiya grunts slightly at the weight as she lifts her side of the blanket. "Erisa, mind grabbing those other blankets from the storeroom? That'll give us some bedding at least."

Once 'safely' barricaded in the storeroom, Saiya breathes a sigh of relief. "Any preferences for watch schedule? I should probably go either first or last; for some reason getting woken up in the middle of sleeping makes it harder for me to get my spells back."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

The guards at the barricade discuss amongst themselves a bit, but they come to the conclusion that one body isn't enough. "You'll have to get three, like you were told." Also, "I'm sorry, but we don't have any medicine to spare right now."


F Samasaran Oracle (Dual-Cursed, Spirit Guide) from Ustalav | HP 14/14 | AC 16 | Perception +8 | Methodical Mind | Init +0 (Roll twice, Temporal Celerity) | Spells: 1st: 5/5
Vitals:
LN Samsaran HP: 14/14, AC: 16 T: 10 FF: 16 Perception +8 (Low Light) Initiative: +0 Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +4 (+2 death effects and negative energy) CMB: 0, CMD: 19, Speed: 30
Skills:
Know(Arcana) +8, Know(Dungeon) +7, Know(History) +7, Know(Planes) +8, Perception +8, Spellcraft +7, UMD +11, Prof(Librarian) +6

Erisa replies, "Sure," and grabs the extra blankets. Once she's in the boiler room with the rest she'll ask, "Three? Where are we going to find the other ones? Did we miss a door or something behind which more are hiding?"


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) from Katapesh | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +4 R +4 W +5 I Perception +7 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 3/day

Jassminder looks supremely unconcerned. "It's a large building, by the look of it. We'll find them soon enough. Better that than they find us. And I'm not bothered about when I take watch."


F Drow Fighter (Gloomblade) 1 from Faerûn | HP 10/10 | AC 15 | Perc +6 | Enduring Stoicism | Init +1

Malarra looks at them coolly for a moment, but shrugs.

"By the way, we found... bodies... next to this one when it was alive. They had strips of skin removed. Including from some shifters you killed. In the morning... evening... whenever time it is when we awake here I can drag you a few so you can see. But I did want to know... have any of you seen something dressed in rags with an affinity for knives?"

After she gets her answer, whatever it is...

Helping the others set up temporary barricades, Malarra volunteers for an evening watch.

"I can see somewhat well in the darkness it seems." She shrugs, clearly not concerned with why this is, despite also clearly not realizing why it would be either.


Female Kitsune, Usually Human form Kitsune Sorcerer (Tattood) from Tian Xia | HP 8/8 | AC 11 | Perception +1 | Twitchy

"Please, how can we solve this? Do you have at least some water?"

351 to 383 of 383 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Strange Aeons Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.