Mummy's Mask

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the wilds of Osirian something is shifting beneath the sands.

The rules

Notes

Treasure List

Maps

images


751 to 800 of 890 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Monk/2 HP 21/21 Nonlethal: 0 |AC 17/T 17/FF 14 +2 VS Rays| F+5/R+5/W+4 | CMD 22 |Init + 2 | Perc +10

Cant move my token in my phone, 5 ft step SE and attack the skeleton.
Monks Spade Flurry 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage 1: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Monks Spade Flurry 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage 2: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Seeker moves across whirling his spade which he slams into the skeleton, destroying it completely.

It all goes quiet.


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

Cyrmic; Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"Well that was interesting" quips Cymric as he searches the room(B11). After he and the others discover any secrets there, he continues to move to the east to the next room.


There is nothing else of interest in the room.

Heading east you find a large tiled pool in the centre of this chamber, surrounded by sloping tiled floors. A few steps descend into the basin, which has accumulated a deep layer of sand on its bottom. Faded murals on the walls depict scenes of life along a river, with recurring themes of running water and aquatic life running through the artwork. In the northeast corner, a tarnished bronze spigot juts from the wall just above head level. Archways lead north and west, and a stone door stands in the eastern wall.


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

Cyrmic; Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Searching the room(B13) paying special attention to the empty pool and the bronze spigot, Cyrmic sighs and if finding nothing of interest, "lets finish off searching this floor before we head thru the door or up the stairs" and assuming everyone agrees he heads of to the north.


Cymric you think that the spigot and knobs are magic items. You do not know what would happen if you try to remove them as they are built into the walls. You do not see anything else of interest in the room.


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

Shukara pads after Cymric, crossbow at the ready. "That vision was disturbing. So was the one before it, actually. Are such visions common? Have you found similar things at the other places you've explored?" She looks at the knobs curiously, but doesn't touch them. "Is this a bathing chamber? It looks like a bathing chamber."

She glances north. "Finishing this floor seems like a good idea."


Heading north

A stone privy is built into one wall of this tiny room, and a stone table with a basin stands against the other wall. The floor is covered in broken glass and dead scarab beetles.

A headless corpse sits upright on one of the privies.


Monk/2 HP 21/21 Nonlethal: 0 |AC 17/T 17/FF 14 +2 VS Rays| F+5/R+5/W+4 | CMD 22 |Init + 2 | Perc +10

Seeker simply nods in response to Shakura’s inquiry. The other tomb had been benign compared to this one. This spirits here seemed to be trapped in their last moments. Was it an endless cycle, or had their presence somehow triggered the spirits? It would be best to find out and put a stop to it. Life and death are not in balance here.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
The maps and I just don’t get along. Move to check the room north of B13.

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Does Seeker know if this place was every properly entombed, or if they just locked the gates one day and never came back?


I'm assuming you mean the room north of B14

Hieroglyphics and images of fantastic beings cover the walls of this small room. A small stone shrine, dusty and thoroughly defaced, stands against the eastern wall. It looks as if the shrine was originally dedicated to Abadar, Pharasma and Sarenrae.

Seeker you know that the house fell during the Plague of Madness and was abandoned, so Pentheru the Younger and his family were never properly entombed.


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

Cyrmic; Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Really! the dice roller hates me!

Cymric heads north, searching each of the two rooms(B14/B16) for anything interesting. He also casts Detect Magic as he goes thru the openings.


You do not find anything magical in either room.


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

Shukara freezes at the sight of the headless corpse, then relaxes slightly when it becomes apparent that it's not going to move. "What's a body doing here?" If it was on the ground then she'd assume it had just fallen over and died, but it's sitting upright. That seems odd.

Curious, she goes over and takes a closer look.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Looking more closely at the remains Shukara you notice that it appears that from the wounds around the neck it looks as if something or someone cause the head to quite literally burst or explode from the neck.

Knowledge planes


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

Don't have K. Planes, so I'm capped at 10.

K. Planes (Untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

"That's strange," Shukara muses. "It looks like his head literally exploded. Do any of you have any idea what could have caused that?"


Shukara, you have heard vaguely of a creature called a vargouille that can cause its victims heads to detach from their bodies to become more vargouilles.


Male LG Human (Mwangi) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Focus Points: 5 (2 abjuration, 3 transmutation) | Spells: 1st (3) | Active conditions: None.

knowledge, planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"Perhaps a vargouille, eh?"


Male LG Human (Mwangi) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Focus Points: 5 (2 abjuration, 3 transmutation) | Spells: 1st (3) | Active conditions: None.

so the family was not properly entombed... I thought we found their tombs already? Which part was improperly done?


Male LG Human (Mwangi) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Focus Points: 5 (2 abjuration, 3 transmutation) | Spells: 1st (3) | Active conditions: None.

self damage from earlier

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

oof. Can we say someone healed that after that fight? Any volunteers?


So there are tombs in part of the house but they were not buried/interred with the proper rites as the house was sealed off.


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

Seeing Ogochukwu wince, Shukara hurries over to him. "I'm sorry, I didn't notice that you'd been hurt."

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

As she heals him, she nods. "I think I've heard of those. Nasty-sounding creatures. We'll have to keep an eye out; don't want any of us to turn into one!"

With Ogochukwu mostly healed, and having found out as much from the body as she thinks she can, Shukara moves into the next room. "A shrine?" She starts trying to dust it off and set as much to rights as she can. "It's a pity that this was left in this condition. It must have been beautiful once."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Poking around room B16 to see if there's anything interesting.


You do not find anything else other than the defaced murals/heiroglyphics.


Monk/2 HP 21/21 Nonlethal: 0 |AC 17/T 17/FF 14 +2 VS Rays| F+5/R+5/W+4 | CMD 22 |Init + 2 | Perc +10

’We should find a way to lay these spirits to rest.’ Seeker signs. ’Such exuberant spirits could be problematic now that the properties are more open to the public.’ Seeker gives a silent nod of approval towards Shukara’s efforts. Perhaps that would appease some of the spirits.

Check room North of B16. Sorry bout the absence. Traveling for work and now I’m in this stupid winter storm in the NE US.


@Seeker- no worries, take care

Two stone tables sit against the western wall of this room, while a third occupies the southeastern corner. A small, square wooden butcher's block stands in the northeast corner, now almost collapsing under its own weight. A stove oven sits in the middle of the north wall. A humanoid skeleton lies beneath the northwestern table, surrounded by smashed crockery. A door to the east and the doorway to the south which you came through exit the room.


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

Paranoid, Shukara shoots a quick crossbow bolt at the skeleton to make sure it's actually dead.

Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
P. Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

If the skeleton doesn't move:
Shukara approaches the body and reclaims the bolt. "So many bodies never properly interred...no wonder the priests insisted this place was cursed. Perhaps if we have time we can try to bury them. That might help lay the spirits to rest."

She looks around the room, even opening the oven out of morbid curiosity.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Idly she picks up some of the shattered crockery. "This was well-made. It's a pity it's all broken now." Dropping it back to the floor, she stands up and dusts off her hands. "If I've got my bearings, there should only be a room or two west of here that we haven't seen yet. Shall we check those out before heading east?"

GM, it looks like there's an exit to the west directly outside the kitchen. Is that not the case? If not, we can always backtrack. Or not, as the group decides.

If the skeleton does move:
Shukara clutches her crossbow tightly, reloading it as fast as possible. "I knew it I knew it I knew it..."


Male LG Human (Mwangi) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Focus Points: 5 (2 abjuration, 3 transmutation) | Spells: 1st (3) | Active conditions: None.

Ogochukwu looks around for any evidence of what happened in this room; studying the crockery, opening the oven, etc.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


The skeleton does not move.

It looks as if the skeleton died during the riots that accompanied the Plague of Madness. You can see the remains of a rusted dagger stuck between the ribs of the skeleton.


I think you were heading west next? - so B17

An enormous stone table is in this room together with some very basic wooden chairs. The only other things in here are dust and sand. It would appear that this was the servants dining room.


Monk/2 HP 21/21 Nonlethal: 0 |AC 17/T 17/FF 14 +2 VS Rays| F+5/R+5/W+4 | CMD 22 |Init + 2 | Perc +10

”It would be best to wait and have an expert in such things deal with the bodies. There may be specific funerary rites they require, especially since they were never properly buried to begin with. Their spirits may not wish to be simply covered with sand and forgotten again.” Seeker signs. Monks had begun carrying spades long ago to inter the unclaimed bodies of those they found in their travels and for self defense against bandits and wild animals, but he’d rather not risk angering the spirits further.

Move to next room to the west.


An enormous stone table, the marble top polished and smooth, runs parallel to the west wall of this large room. A much smaller stone table stands in the east side of the room. Splintered piles of dust and wood lie in the corners and along the walls-the only remains of chairs after untold years. A strong, fetid stench pervades the room. An open sand-filled hallway lies to the south, while an open doorway leads east.

On the western table are six polished skulls, each balanced on top of a tarnished silver goblet.


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

"Well that certainly looks ominous." Shukara reluctantly sidles into the room, keeping her back firmly against the wall. "Do you think these have anything to do with the vargouille?"

Silly question, really. How many uses for skulls could there be?

She stops just inside the room, looking about for any possible enemies. Someone had to set up that tableau, and she isn't keen to meet whoever that someone might be.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Shukara, you notice that the jawbones of some of the skulls appear to be moving.

Knowledge Religion


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

Shukara does not have knowledge religion.

"Um, is anyone else seeing this? The skulls are moving. Like they're trying to speak or something."

Now decidedly worried, Shukara double-checks that her crossbow is loaded. "Do you think this is another vision? Or are they 'alive', like the skeletons were?"


Male LG Human (Mwangi) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Focus Points: 5 (2 abjuration, 3 transmutation) | Spells: 1st (3) | Active conditions: None.

knowledge, religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Ogochukwu eyes the skills uneasily, polearm at the ready.


Ogochukwu, you recognise these creatures as a type of undead known as beheaded. They have the ability to fly.


Male LG Human (Mwangi) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Focus Points: 5 (2 abjuration, 3 transmutation) | Spells: 1st (3) | Active conditions: None.

"You were right to be wary, newfound sister, these are beheaded--flying undead. We should smash them before they take flight, eh?"

He moves to smash one with his polearm.


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

I really, really need to buy a mace or something if I'm going to be running around the Necropolis.

Not having any blunt weapons herself, Shukara chooses to focus on aiding those who do. She gently touches Ogochukwu on the shoulder as he moves. "May Neith guide your arm."

Casting Guidance to give him +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.


Shukara initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Ogochukwu initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Seeker initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Cymric initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

beheaded initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


So initiative order is:

Block 1: Cymric

Block 2: Beheaded

Block 3: Seeker, Shukara and Ogochukwu.

So Cymric, your action.


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

Cymric; shortbow +5 (1d6/x3), within 30 ft. +6 (1d6+1) : 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Cymric hands his light mace to Shukara, "I'll never use it anyway" and then shoots a blunt arrow at the nearest creature.


[i]Cymric's arrow flies through the air and takes out the closest beheaded.

The beheaded fly forward.

slam on Cymric: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

slam on Seeker: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

slam on Ogochukwu: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

slam on Shukara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Block 3, your actions


Monk/2 HP 21/21 Nonlethal: 0 |AC 17/T 17/FF 14 +2 VS Rays| F+5/R+5/W+4 | CMD 22 |Init + 2 | Perc +10

Seeker swings at one of the skulls with his spade. He imagines the situation might look almost comical in another setting.
[ooc]Attack the skull in front of Cym.
Monks Spade Flurry 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage 1: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Monks Spade Flurry 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage 2: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

"Thanks Cymric. This is really helpful." Shukara takes her newly-acquired mace and swings it at the beheaded in front of her. She's still probably not going to do much damage, but at least she can do something.

L. Mace: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
B. Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Maybe. If she can hit anything.


Seeker takes out two of the beheaded with 2 swings of his shovel.

Shukara unfortunately misses the beheaded in front of her.

Ogochukwu, your action.


Male LG Human (Mwangi) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Focus Points: 5 (2 abjuration, 3 transmutation) | Spells: 1st (3) | Active conditions: None.

attack of opportunity, bardiche, attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
cold iron, slashing: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Ogochukwu swings at the beheaded as it closes in.

Then he punches at it with his cestus.

cestus, attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
silvered, bludgeoning or piercing: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Ogochukwu smashes his bardiche into the beheaded and then swings around and smashes the one in front of Shukara as well.

Shukara, back to you.


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

Cymric; shortbow +5 (1d6/x3), within 30 ft. +6 (1d6+1) : 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 251d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Pulling another blunt arrow out of his quiver, Cymric shoots another of the skulls, and wonders of wonders hits it! "Take that you body less things!"


Cymric's arrow strikes the remaining beheaded, it is still there but only just.

The remaining skull flies forward and tries to attack Ogochukwu

Slam: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Back to block 3


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

Shukara tries again to hit the strange flying head with her borrowed mace. And fails again. Miserably. "At least all they're doing is flying into us. It could be worse." She steps forward slightly to hopefully put herself in a better position for her next attack, assuming the beheaded lasts that long.

L. Mace: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
B. Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0


Shukara misses.

751 to 800 of 890 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.