[OSP] GM PaleDim's Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE

Game Master PaleDim

Maps and Handouts

Perception:

[dice=Silas Moonsilver]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Erica “Bobbie” Zufan]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Desynthia]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Theron]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ulis Uldic]d20+3[/dice]

Initiative:

[dice=Silas Moonsilver]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Erica “Bobbie” Zufan]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Desynthia]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Theron]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Ulis Udic]d20+2[/dice]


1 to 50 of 311 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE

The players signed up can dot here.

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 1, HP 15/15, AC 19; T 12; FF 17; F +4, R +2, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +3

.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 1 Init+2 HP 7/7 AC 12/T12/FF10 F+1 R+2 W+2 Perc+0 Spd30 HevFire 3/7

dot


Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE

The adventure begins in Skyreach, the majestic, white, five-towered palace on the campus of the Grand Lodge in Absalom.

You are led through the Great Hall of Skyreach past a large table with a shifting illusionary Inner Sea map on its massive surface. Standing around the Hall are dozens of pathfinders of various races exchanging stories of their exploits. You are directed towards a smaller meeting room, past an ornate fountain with crystal clear water. You can feel the chill from the cascading droplets as some splash you on their descent to the pool.

The placard before the room reads, “The Pipeweed Nook”. Opening the door you see a long table, chairs, and an imposing looking man sitting before a fireplace. He taps the ashes from his mahogany pipe into his palm and then throws them onto the flames. He smiles.

“Welcome initiates,“ he says in a friendly, laid-back manner. “I am pleased you could come so soon. I am Venture Captain Adril Hestram, and I have a task for you. Recently an earthquake struck the city, costing countless gold in damages as you can imagine. But it also caused a sealed siege tower from one of Absalom’s many, past, would-be-conquerors, to crack open like an egg.”

“Word on the street is that no one has yet searched ‘the Fallen Fortress’, as the locals are calling it. However, against my commands, a young Pathfinder like yourselves, named Balenar Forsend, set off to explore the ruins alone. Now he is missing.”

“While I applaud Balenar’s intentions, by going off against my words, he has violated the Pathfinder Oath, to explore, cooperate, and report. Hopefully he is still alive to fulfill the last part of that oath.”

He clears his throat and stands, handing over a map of the Cairnlands marked with the location of this ‘Fallen Fortress’.

“Don’t forget initiates, during your explorations, keep your eyes peeled for anything that could be of interest to the society, especially historical or religious artifacts. Do you have any questions before you go?”

and we're off!

Silver Crusade

F Human (CORE) Fighter (1) HP 12/12, AC 21/ T 18/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4 , Ref +3, Will +1/ Perception +1, Ini +3

The city of Absalom was truly a wonder a behold, though it wasn't just the ivory towers of the Palace that made it unique, but rather the multiplicity of the cultures that had shaped it. Strolling down the street would expose your ear to at least dozen languages, and it was not rare to see a shop selling Osirian delicacies next to an Elven or Taldorian one. You could find Iomedean churches in the same districts as Calistrian temples, and Erica could have sworn that the small, golden shrine she inadvertently stumbled upon on the corner of a street was of Tianese origin.

Even more fascinating were the ancient buildings. A mere look at their façade was a dive into centuries of history, like a silent testament of the past and its mysteries. It was dizzying to think that the Palace itself stood when Iomedae still walked the Earth as a mortal, that Gods had set foot on the same pavements, that some of the houses perhaps, had lived long enough to cast their lifeless gaze on a divinity. Erica had almost wept when she caught a glimpse of the Starstone Cathedral for the first time, even if she, of course, would neither dare nor be permitted to enter it. The pit surrounding the structure remained an eternal demarcation between Gods and mortals.

Being so close to the holiest Cathedral in Iomedean faith had had a dizzying effect on Erica. Everything from her arrival in the city to the official briefing had seemed like a dream. Even the sight of a familiar, white-haired young woman among the Pathfinders had barely surprised her.

She briefly snaps out of her near-like trance when Venture Captain Hestram asks if the party has any questions.

"Do we know more about this Fallen Fortress? When it was built, and by whom?" Erica inquires, partly out of professionalism and partly out of curiosity.

Grand Lodge

Male N Half-Elf Bard 1 | HP 8/9| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft (20ft encumbered) | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: None.

Silas Moonsilver enters the meeting space with a look of excitement. Silas has the familiar resemblance of white hair that is shared by the Moonsilver Clan. While most of his family has magic coursing through their veins. His, is different. His magic comes from the power of his voice and how he weaves words together. Either by just telling a story or chanting an old song, he can inspire his allies are cause fear in enemies.

"Well met fellow adventurer. Is this your first assignment as well." He ask the other agent in the room. "I am Silas. From the Moonsilver clan."

He then turns to the Venture Captain, Sir, any rumors of what or who may inhabit now"

He is also more chatty then the others of his family


Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE
Erica 'Bobbie' Zufan wrote:
"Do we know more about this Fallen Fortress? When it was built, and by whom?" Erica inquires, partly out of professionalism and partly out of curiosity.

Adril gives a disappointed grimace as he admits, "Unfortunately we do not. The original masters of the fortress are very long forgotten to time."

Silas Moonsilver wrote:
He then turns to the Venture Captain, Sir, any rumors of what or who may inhabit now"

"Also, unfortunately no. However, I fear the recent earthquake must have unsettled some creatures who may have naturally found refuge there. It's too optimistic to hope that Balenar would find an empty fortress, free of monsters and predators."

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 1 Init+2 HP 7/7 AC 12/T12/FF10 F+1 R+2 W+2 Perc+0 Spd30 HevFire 3/7

Hi Paffies!

The Young woman who used that Strange surname for her teamates, was not even twenty years of age, and sported a mane of white, curly hair.

Nice to see you again, Bobby. How are you?

She waves , with a timid smile, at the elf, and listen to the Venture Captain

How long it's been since Mister Forsend has gone missing? Could we know what he looks like? I thinks it's better and safer to explore as a team, so he was maybe a little too confident in his own abilities to go there all by himself...

Grand Lodge

Male N Half-Elf Bard 1 | HP 8/9| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft (20ft encumbered) | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: None.

Silas smiles and nods an acknowledgement to the new human female. "No need to be nervous. I am actually a lot more approachable then others in my family. Maybe it has something to do with my human side. That is something to ponder, but we will save it for a later date."


Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE
Desynthia Medzen wrote:
How long it's been since Mister Forsend has gone missing? Could we know what he looks like? I thinks it's better and safer to explore as a team, so he was maybe a little too confident in his own abilities to go there all by himself...

"A few days, we believe. He didn't check in for a briefing and we caught wind of why from some of his acquaintances and past mission teammates whom he confided in. Thankfully they were wise enough to realize the danger to his life and divulge the truth to us. Hmm... what does he look like?"

Adrin looks up at the ceiling to ponder a description, making it clear he doesn't talk about details like this often.

"Uh... well he'll likely be the only friendly humanoid in the fortress. Surely nobody else was foolish enough to undertake a trek there, much less at the same time by coincidence! Anyway, he has wavy brown hair parted in the center of his scalp, um... I forget his eye color. He's fairly young, that matches his judgement, leastwise in this instance... Boy, I tell you what, it's not the aesthetics of my agents that I pay attention to when giving briefings."

He looks a little frustrated and then you notice him suddenly studying all of you, in turn, as if realizing that better memories of faces might be in order from now on.

Grand Lodge

Male N Half-Elf Bard 1 | HP 8/9| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft (20ft encumbered) | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: None.

"Well we should be on our way then. Do not want to keep our fellow agent waiting." He says with a smile and a wink to the humans.

"Wait, I think we are missing one? I thought we usually go out in groups of four."

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 1, HP 15/15, AC 19; T 12; FF 17; F +4, R +2, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +3

A burly man enters the room, somewhat flustered and breathless. He drops his pack and moves to the rest of the group.

My apologies....I got delayed on my way over here...anyways, I am Theron, and I appear to be the muscle of this group. Nice to meet you all. What have I missed? he says, nodding to everyone. He gets the rundown on the mission.

Ahh, find the missing agent and find out what's inside...got it. I am ready to get going...just need to pick up a few items first...

purchasing a wand of clw for 2 PP, longbow, 20 arrows, 20 blunt, potion of CLW and a vial of alchemist fire

Silver Crusade

F Human (CORE) Fighter (1) HP 12/12, AC 21/ T 18/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4 , Ref +3, Will +1/ Perception +1, Ini +3

An unexplored fortress probably rampant with monsters, a careless adventurer vanishing without trace and ancient relics that may or may not be cursed?

Hell yes! This is exactly why she left the convent...

"Um? Oh, I'm fine. More than fine," she grins at Desynthia. "How about you?"

Theron Randallas wrote:

A burly man enters the room, somewhat flustered and breathless. He drops his pack and moves to the rest of the group.

My apologies....I got delayed on my way over here...anyways, I am Theron, and I appear to be the muscle of this group. Nice to meet you all. What have I missed?

The nearly six-foot tall woman in scale mail turns around to get a good look at the newcomer, and -yeah, okay, each one of his arms is the size of a log. Point taken. But even if the guy looks like he can benchpress both the skinny elf and the sorcerer (probably at the same time) and carries so many weapons that he must have seen his fair share of battlefields (a longsword and a morningstar? Now, that's being prepared. And was that pointy thing a javelin?)...

Well, he was the more 'muscular' muscle alright, but she was a 'muscle' nevertheless. Being on the frontline and shattering the heads of her enemies, getting blood and occasional pieces of bone on her armor, was her pride and joy. 'Muscling' was what they did. They could be 'muscle' partners.

"Nice to meet you too. Seems like we'll both be fighters," Erica nods at Theron.

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 1, HP 15/15, AC 19; T 12; FF 17; F +4, R +2, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +3

Ah, excellent! Always nice to have company at the front...it's a thankless job...but I like it.Theron says, taking measure of Erica. She obviously looks like she can handle herself in a scrap.

Grand Lodge

Male N Half-Elf Bard 1 | HP 8/9| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft (20ft encumbered) | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: None.

"That's good. More persons between me and the enemies." He says coming up behind both of them. "I'll try to help, but I do not make no promises about be useful in combat. I have no such skills to boast."

@Theron, just a heads up, blunt arrows are not core unless they are on a chronicle, which is few and far between.


Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE

Aldrin takes in the group and smiles. "Very well! We're all about here and ready to set out then! Just one thing (or possibly two). I tried securing a cleric agent for this group as well, and one (or two) should be arriving any moment. They're usually the first at the briefings... well except for those drunken devotees of Cayden... but surely not...."

He looks up at the group realizing his muttering has started to trail off.

"Well, I'm sure they'll be here in a moment!"

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 1 | hp 8/9 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 | F+2, R+2, W+5 | P+3 Init +1

As if on cue there was a knock at the door signalling someone waiting for entry... Well, 'Knock' would be correct if the sound a knock made was like a wooden mallet thunking against a wet fish.

The door slowly swings open to reveal a gangly figure in a rumpled cleric's vestment, his resting head in the crook of his elbow and leaning against the door frame. m'I late - s'rry... wild night at the t'mple... toasting... cayden... He waves his hand for you to continue; m'ssive headache, it'll pass and I'm alrght...

He moves to the closest chair and lowers himself gingerly into it, hand up shielding his eyes from any light source. He pulls out a tin mug from the folds of his vestment and performs a cantrip over it. The mug quickly fills with an amber liquid and he holds it up for a toast; To Cayden , before downing it on one chug.

Ok, better already... whats the job?

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 1, HP 15/15, AC 19; T 12; FF 17; F +4, R +2, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +3

ahh ok....my bad....completely blanked on that....derp!

Silver Crusade

F Human (CORE) Fighter (1) HP 12/12, AC 21/ T 18/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4 , Ref +3, Will +1/ Perception +1, Ini +3
GM Paledim wrote:
I tried securing a cleric agent for this group as well, and one (or two) should be arriving any moment. They're usually the first at the briefings... well except for those drunken devotees of Cayden... but surely not...."

The smile at the corners of Erica's mouth fades a little. It turns into a grimace when the door creaks open, revealing the very drunken man (more or less) standing behind. Despite all the tensions between the Iomedean faith and Caydean Cailean's, it's not that she finds the latter's followers impossible to deal with. They just are to be approached with the same caution as the alcohol they often affectionate. Only on special occasions, never on mornings, and in very small doses.

Preferably by someone else than Erica, who always did her best to stay away from either of the two and therefore handles them quite poorly.

The cleric who calls himself Ulis Uldic,on the other hand, seems quite enthusiastic about ale since he magically conjures up a refill, and-

At this point Erica feels obligated to interfere, if only for the sake of this man's liver.

"Maybe it's best if you-" she begins, but is then forced to interrupt herself. She had seen her share of drunkards capable of emptying their glass in a matter of seconds, but Uliys' descent was on a whole other level. It came with either years of practice or divine intervention. Erica suspected it was the latter. If he truly could use his powers to refill his mug with an endless supply of beer, it was something of a miracle that he was sill standing. Let alone alive. "... Nevermind."

As he catches on the mission, the thought that a nearly passed out drunk man will have to navigate his way through a fallen fortress filled with monsters and potentially deadly traps suddenly crosses her mind.

Oh, dear. Hopefully he'll follow the example of his god, and emerge in one piece.

Hopefully.


Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE

Aldrin shuffles the papers at his desk nervously. No, this can't be right...

He looks up at Ulis incredulously. You're the cleric the society sent to go on this mission? No, wait, the cleric is still coming and they're your... "sponsor" at the meetings...

Finally, resign sets it.

Well, a cleric is a cleric I suppose, as long as your burst positive energy and not that nasty necromantic stuff.

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 1 | hp 8/9 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 | F+2, R+2, W+5 | P+3 Init +1

Ulis nods his head slowly, supporting it with one hand; "Yep, they sent us both I think... or maybe they sent him and I'm here first? Or do we come in a set? I.. can't quite remember which is which- its a bit hazy- Hey, did anyone else see the giant floating map out there or is that just me?"

---

As the journey to the Fallen Fortress is explained his head begins to clear and eyes brighten in anticipation of an adventure; "Ah, a noble task if I have ever heard of one. We shall be triumphant in this quest and return to the Venture-Captain here with our heads held high, and mugs full, ready to toast Cayden!" At this point he thrusts himself out of the chair and puts one foot on the stool next to him, divinely-full mug held in the air, voice growing in fervour as he speaks; "They shall sing of our adventures into the fortress, be regaled by stories of monsters slain and bask in the glow of riches obtained!" He takes a long draught and stows his mug, patting his rumbled vestments flat. "Shall we be off or are we waiting for another?"


Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE

Unfortunately, this is all of you. Very well then, be off! We know you won't let your fellow Pathfinder down!

The party sets out for the Fallen Fortress.

I'll move us forward tomorrow, coming out of the holiday weekend and PaizoCon. We'll keep a more steady pace from there.

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 1 | hp 8/9 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 | F+2, R+2, W+5 | P+3 Init +1
GM PaleDim wrote:
Unfortunately, this is all of you. Very well then, be off! We know you won't let your fellow Pathfinder down!

Love the idea of another character being Ulis' sponsor if you can get another, happy to go with it. 'Yes, and' and all that :D

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 1, HP 15/15, AC 19; T 12; FF 17; F +4, R +2, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +3

Well, a healer is a healer. At least he'll have alcohol to wash out our wounds.... Theron says with a snicker. Perhaps after this outing we can all grab a pint or ten at the tavern and tell tall tales of our past glories...ha!

Grand Lodge

Male N Half-Elf Bard 1 | HP 8/9| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft (20ft encumbered) | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: None.

Silas ears perk up as Theron mentions story telling, "Tall tales you say. My grandfather, who happens to be closing in on 300 years old, told me many stories. I wish I could grow as old as he, but alas, my mother was a human. I will be lucky if I only live a third of that." He then shifts gears back with a smile, "If you like, I can tell us a tale on our way to the tower."

Perform oratory is his go to, followed by perform sing(more like chant)

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 1, HP 15/15, AC 19; T 12; FF 17; F +4, R +2, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +3

You know what? That would make the trek pass quicker. Great idea! I'll grab some ale for the journey and we can talk our ears off....which I suppose you'll win...ha!

also, since i have a wand of CLW, I will let Silas use it...spread the healing out...use t as needed...i don't care about the charger...just keep track of them

Silver Crusade

F Human (CORE) Fighter (1) HP 12/12, AC 21/ T 18/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4 , Ref +3, Will +1/ Perception +1, Ini +3

"Was your grandfather an adventurer?" Erica asks, suddenly intrigued.

Grand Lodge

Male N Half-Elf Bard 1 | HP 8/9| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft (20ft encumbered) | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: None.

"Once upon a time yes. He was a great warrior and the way he was able to blend swordplay and magic was unique." Silas says beaming, " But, now he just likes to sit and speak to others. He like reaching out to others and getting family members together. He was the one who reached out to me and bestowed the Moonsilver name to me. Since my mother was not an elf, she was never welcomed by the clan. But as an elder clan member, my Grandfather says that is no excuse to exclude me.

Silas then chuckles as he remembers a part of the story. "Funny thing was. He ordered my father to locate me. Now let me tell you, he was not happy, he had not seen my mother since the night the conceived me. He did not know of me and swore up and down that I was not his. However, my grandfather is a great diviner, better than my father by a long shot, and told him "if you had studied the ways of old, you would know it too"."


Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE

Loving the RP. I'm going to move us along, but don't stop it on account of that :)

The Venture Captain gives fairly simple instructions for following well-worn paths to your destination. Once you leave the city gates of Absolom proper it’s only a few hours hike before you reach your destination in the Cairnlands.

Traveling Theme!

The ruined siege castle now being called the Fallen Fortress rises out of the churned earth of the Cairnlands. No doors or windows mar the otherwise smooth expanse of the tower’s walls. The tower is quatrefoil in plan; its eastern wing has largely collapsed, exposing the interior doors to the open air. Only the topmost level seems whole, though its eastern portion hangs precariously over the mountain of rubble left by the collapse. At ground level, the rubble frames a gaping hole in the side of the building that provides access to the tower’s darkened interior.

No sooner do you get close enough to note these details than you hear the sound of vicious, persistent barking from the direction of the fortress. You spot them soon after - a pack of starving wild dogs is running towards your party!

Battle Theme

Initiative:

Silas Moonsilver: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Erica “Bobbie” Zufan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Desynthia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Theron: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Ulis Udic: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Doges: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Round 1
Bold may act.

Erica
Ulis
Theron
Desynthia
---------------
Red
Green
Blue
---------------
Silas

Map updated! NOTE rubble is difficult terrain.

Difficult Terrain:
Difficult terrain, such as heavy undergrowth, broken ground, or steep stairs, hampers movement. Each square of difficult terrain counts as 2 squares of movement. Each diagonal move into a difficult terrain square counts as 3 squares. You can't run or charge across difficult terrain.

Erica, Ulis, Theron, and Desynthia are all up!

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 1 Init+2 HP 7/7 AC 12/T12/FF10 F+1 R+2 W+2 Perc+0 Spd30 HevFire 3/7

Let's them come closer. I've never been much a dog person myself, but I don't want to be munched by those scraggy fleabags. Or maybe someone has some meat to spare in their rations?

Longspear: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Desynthia readies her spear, hoping to poke a dog without wounding anyone else (or herself).

Longspear so I got reach from second rank

Silver Crusade

F Human (CORE) Fighter (1) HP 12/12, AC 21/ T 18/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4 , Ref +3, Will +1/ Perception +1, Ini +3

"Even if we slow them down, they'll be a danger to other adventurers," Erica reasons. She moves forward, drawing her sword and her shield, making herself a target to protect Silas on her side. "I say we put them down."

5 step forward, draw weapons, full defense. AC boosted to 25.

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 1, HP 15/15, AC 19; T 12; FF 17; F +4, R +2, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +3

I agree...take them out...but carefully....ready your spear for a charge, Desynthia. Theron says as he takes a step forward. He jabs his sword in the ground and takes a javelin out and launches it at the lead dog.

5ft step, drop sword, draw javelin and toss it...

javelin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 1 | hp 8/9 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 | F+2, R+2, W+5 | P+3 Init +1

Ulis is surprised he is not more surprised! With his faculties in check he swings around to face the wild dogs; "Tonight we will tell stories of your defeat!"

Standard Action: Ulis will cast Strength Surge (5/6 per day) on Bobbie. Bobbie now has +1 Strength-based Melee + CMB checks, 1 round
Move Action: backpeddle to stand closer to Desynthia.
Next round Ulis is going to shoot his light crossbow, then rapid reload


Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE

As the party prepares for its first threat, Desynthia and Erica take prepared stances, Ulis strengthens Erica, while Theron lobs a javelin at the dogs. Their canine snouts follow the javelin to the side as in lands safely next to them. They bark at it and then turn back towards the party, all rushing forward to attack!

The rubble clearly impedes their approach, and only the middle dog makes it to Theron, snapping at his arm...

Blue bite attack vs. Theron: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 hits for damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Confirm?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 nope

Round 1 continued, Round 2 start
Bold may act.

Battle Theme

---------------
Round 1
---------------
Silas
---------------
Round 2
---------------
Erica
Ulis
Theron -2
Desynthia
---------------
Red
Green
Blue

Silas is up to end round 1, followed by Erica, Ulis, Theron, and Desynthia to start round 2! Reminder rubble is difficult terrain.

Grand Lodge

Male N Half-Elf Bard 1 | HP 8/9| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft (20ft encumbered) | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: None.

Silas starts up a chant and begins to inspire those that hear it.

"'Out of the Black Years come the words the Herald of Death."

Inspire Courage +1 is in effect

Silver Crusade

F Human (CORE) Fighter (1) HP 12/12, AC 21/ T 18/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4 , Ref +3, Will +1/ Perception +1, Ini +3

Erica moves forward, and swings her Warhammer at the dog in front of her.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Move action: 5 ft forward
Standard action: Attack the Green Dog


Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE

The dogs give Silas a funny look as he begins to speak his inspired words.

Erica moves forward and bashes the green dog square on the top of its head, its eyes taking on a thousand-yard-stare as blood begins to seep from its tear ducts. Yet it still stands.

Round 2 continued
Bold may act.

Battle Theme

Erica
Ulis
Theron -2
Desynthia
---------------
Red
Green -5
Blue
---------------
Silas

Ulis, Theron, and Desynthia are still up!

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 1 | hp 8/9 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 | F+2, R+2, W+5 | P+3 Init +1

Ulis takes a five-foot step to the right (already moved on the map) and fires his light Crossbow at the blue dog.
1d20 + Dex +inspire courage?

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Then, rapid reload for the next round.


Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE
Ulis Udic wrote:
1d20 + Dex +inspire courage?

Yes, but also -4 because the target is engaged in melee with an ally. So result is 12 -- miss

Ulis fires off a bolt at the dog attacking Theron, and the fighter watches nervously as it whizzes by his head! It glides past the dog and sticks in the ground behind it.

Theron and Desynthia are up!

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 1, HP 15/15, AC 19; T 12; FF 17; F +4, R +2, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +3

Theron grabs his sword and swings at the dog that bit him.

Chew on this, cur! he spits in anger at the wild dog.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

fml...i think this character is cursed...he sucked during his confirmation....joy!

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 1 Init+2 HP 7/7 AC 12/T12/FF10 F+1 R+2 W+2 Perc+0 Spd30 HevFire 3/7

Inspired Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Inspired dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Desynthia moves toward the dogs and uses her spear on the one attacking Theron


Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE

Theron, still disoriented by the bolt that flew by his head, can't focus sufficiently to strike the dog in front of him. He misses as it dances around in place.

Desynthia, it's helpful to state your move action too (how far, and also move yourself on the map). Given where you are I have to assume you're moving alongside Erica to get to green.

Desynthia emerges next to Erica, skewering the dog threatening her, leaving only two!

The dogs close in on Theron, and lunge at him and Erica.

red bite attack vs. Theron: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 P damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
blue bite attack vs. Erica: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

One dog takes another chunk of flesh from Theron.

Round 2 end, Round 3 start
Bold may act.

Battle Theme

Silas
---------------
Round 3
---------------
Erica
Ulis
Theron -4
Desynthia
---------------
Red
Green -13
Blue

Everyone is up! FINISH THEM!

Grand Lodge

Male N Half-Elf Bard 1 | HP 8/9| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft (20ft encumbered) | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: None.

Silas continues his tale and begins to weave magic into the verses, "Listen! It speaks to those who were not born to die."

Casting Cause Fear on Red, DC 14 will save


Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE

Red Will, DC14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The dog that attacked Theron suddenly focuses in Silas, but it looks like he wants to get away from him, not attack him.

Red frightened for rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Core Rulebook wrote:
A frightened creature flees from the source of its fear as best it can. If unable to flee, it may fight. A frightened creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. A frightened creature can use special abilities, including spells, to f lee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 1 Init+2 HP 7/7 AC 12/T12/FF10 F+1 R+2 W+2 Perc+0 Spd30 HevFire 3/7

GM: No problem, sorry about that!

Knowing she can hit the dogs from behind the soldier girl, Desynthia tires her luck again.. only to completely miss, hitting the tip of her spear on the rock and chipping the metal a little.

ooops. Let's go Paffies, you can get them!

Inspired Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Inspired Dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 1, HP 15/15, AC 19; T 12; FF 17; F +4, R +2, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +3

Theron spits at the dog in anger.

I. Said. Die! and he swings his sword in a vicious arc.

attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 1 + 1 = 141d8 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 9using power attack


Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE

No problem! I suspect you'll make short work of the other two.


Signups/Wishlist | Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE | The Shattered Shield CORE

Theron channels his pent-up frustration and finally lands a slashing blow on the dog in front of him. It drops dead.

Only red left now!

Silver Crusade

F Human (CORE) Fighter (1) HP 12/12, AC 21/ T 18/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4 , Ref +3, Will +1/ Perception +1, Ini +3

"Thanks, Desynthia," Erica nods at the young woman.

Yet one dog is still standing, and Erica doesn't allow herself to get distracted from the battle. Her combat stance changes ever so slightly as she rushes forward, relying on her speed to deliver a deadly blow.

Attack (Power attack): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 8 Aw! :(

Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 12

Move action: 5 ft
Standard action: Power attack

Grand Lodge

M Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 1 | hp 8/9 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 | F+2, R+2, W+5 | P+3 Init +1

Ulis will try to shoot the red dog;
attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 0
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

and finally Rapid Reload

1 to 50 of 311 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [OSP][Session 1] GM PaleDim's Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.