Miteke's Core Fangwood Keep (Inactive)

Game Master miteke

Map of Merideth Valley
Map of Nirmathas
Map of Surrounding Countries

Map of Main Level
Map of Upper Level
Map of Lower Level

chronicles


1 to 50 of 748 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Dot here so the campaign will show for you.

Grand Lodge

Monk 5 | Init +5; Perc +9 | AC 22; T 21; FF 14 | HP 31/31; F +5; R +7; W +6 (+2 vs echantment) | CMB +6; CMD 22 (+2 Grapple/Trip) | Flurry +5/+5; Unarmed +6 (1d8+2 B, 20/x2); Shuriken +6 (1d2+2 P, 20/x2); Active Conditions: Mage Armor
Skills:
Acro +10 (Jump +14); Climb +7; Know (History) +5; Know (Nobility) +6; Know (Religion) +6; Ride +7; Sense Motive +8; Stealth +8; Swim +7

.

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome Ill. | Init +8; Perc +6 | AC 17; T 17: FF 15 | HP 26/26; F +4; R +5; W +4 Illus. | CMB +0; CMD 12 ) | Club +2; Crossbow +4 Active Conditions: Mage Armor Know Dungeon (+7) Nature.(+9) Arcan (+10)

dot dot

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 4 | AC: 17/10/17 | HP: 32/32 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 18

Dot


And we're off!

As is often the case, you all have been called to the PFS headquarters near a hotbed of hostility, the Molthune/Nirmathas border. It is common knowledge that the two nations have been at war at one level or another ever since Nirmathas broke away from Molthune about 60 years ago taking two of the 11 provinces of Molthune with it. Molthune, which has grandeous imperialistic designs, has never really accepted the succession. One would think, having itself been formed after succession from Cheliax, that it would be more accomodating. But the similarities with its mother country would seem to preclude that. And then there is the fact that their only reasonable path to expansion is through Nirmath pretty much guarantees the aggression will continue.

Molthune is not the forgiving sort, and the succession was a slap in the face; the Pathfinder lodge in Nirmathi capital of Tamran in which you find yourselves was yet another slap in their face for which they hold a grudge. So much so that they have delared the society an enemy of the state. After you have gathered for the mission briefing an excitable halfling venture lieutenant by the name of Alex Tanagan presents himself. The walls have a few maps on it for you to refer to (see links up at the top) and he stabs a finter at them dramatically whenever he mentions an area.

"Gentlemen, we have an opportunity, a rare opportunity, to present a cooperative and friendly 'gesture' to not one but two nations that are at war with one another. Now how does one mission serve to placate opposing sides, one asks!?"

He pauses as if waiting for one of you to ask. When noone does, perhaps becuase he only waited for a little over one second before continuing, he continues.

"I'll TELL you how!" he fairly yells in a voice the two bards can tell was clasically trained in oratory skills. You now notice the head of a flute, which you previously mistook for a sword haft, sticking out over his shoulder.

"History! We could be making HISTORY here! I have received news from my connections in..." Alex looks around and cuts of abruptly. One might suspect that these 'connections' may be more along the lines of spys.

"...well, neveryoumind where. The point is, we have an OPPORTUNITY! I have found out that a rogue band from Molthune penetrated the border and siezed control of Fangwood Keep in the Marideth River valley. The Molthune government is NOT pleased that one of their task forces went rogue on them, and would like someone to bring them to heal or wipe them out. Or at least their leader, one Pavo Vos. The Nirmathans ALSO would LOVE to have the invading force dealt with PROMPTLY."

You can almost hear the capital letters shouting from some of the words. The little fellow seems a bit excitable.

"So, you see, we make BOTH sides happy and show Molthune that a Pathfinder lodge in Nimrathas is a GOOD thing. So. Any questions? Are you ready to go yet? And with not one, but TWO bards in the group, I expect a glowing report, or maybe THREE glowing reports, one for the society, one for Nimrathas, and one for Molthune when this is done!"

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

A hulking well dressed half-orc stands up. Despite his appearance, and the greataxe he carries on his back, he seems to be more a scholar than a warrior with eyes sparkling with intelligence.

A good opportunity to take, I agree.
Can we know more about the present forces? And about this Pavo Vos, do we must take him dead or alive?


"Yes, yes, yes, YES! From what I've heard the force is a special task force of about 30 soldiers. So charging in HEAD ON will not be practical, but since Vos is probably expecting a LARGE force, a SMALL force like yours would not be expected AT ALL! I don't think anyone would mind him ending up dead, though I would not actually SUGGEST such a thing. We are not in the ASSASSINATION business you know. That sort of thing would give us a black eye, you know what I mean. His removal is all that is necessary."

"Hmmm. One OTHER thing of note. He has a sidekick, Elyssia. She is a pale woman with dark hair that is somewhat of an infiltration SPECIALIST and field medic. QUITE useful in his normal line of work."

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 4 | AC: 17/10/17 | HP: 32/32 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 18
VL Alex Tanagan wrote:
"I expect a glowing report, or maybe THREE glowing reports, one for the society, one for Nimrathas, and one for Molthune when this is done!"

Goldur smiles, "I do take certain pride in my reports; I think you will be pleased." (He's a Pathfinder Chronicler in the making.) The dwarf has as much grey in his hair and beard as yellow, and he walks with some difficulty. Lightly armored and carrying a shield, Goldur sports a pair of expertly-crafted hammers at his belt-- hammers that, on inspection, show years of hard use. "Placating both countries with a single mission is a clever plan. Is there anything you can tell us about the keep itself? Any hidden entrances or the like?"


With a shocked look, Alex fumbles around for a piece of paper.

"Yes, yes, yes, YES! As a matter of fact there IS, one which I doubt even VOS knows about as its location was not shared with a MERE lieuteneant. The keep is surrounded by a wall. Not MUCH of a wall any longer. Did I mention that the place was built from the rubble of some RUINS? No? Hmmm. Well, EVERY good keep has a back door unless the owner is two notes shy of a score. This one does too, and my contact has passed along some instructions. It says here that it is on the north side and is marked by a LARGE stone with 4 interlocking circles carved into it."

He picks picks up the paper and reads a bit, mumbling along as he reads.

"ODD... It does not mention how to open the door. I guess you will HAVE to figure it out. Or find ANOTHER way in."

He looks at a bag he lifted in order to get to the paper hidden blow it. You can almost see it come into focus in his eyes.

"Oh, YES! One last thing. At least I think it is the last thing. UNLESS you want to ask more questions. Here, some GOODIES to help you out."

Examination of the bag reveals 250 gp, two elixers of hiding, a scroll of knock, and a scroll of hold portal.

"And more to come WHEN you return."

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0
miteke wrote:
"So, you see, we make BOTH sides happy and show Molthune that a Pathfinder lodge in Nimrathas is a GOOD thing. So. Any questions? Are you ready to go yet? And with not one, but TWO bards in the group, I expect a glowing report, or maybe THREE glowing reports, one for the society, one for Nimrathas, and one for Molthune when this is done!"

The broadly-built half-elf nods sagely at the briefing wrap-up but then looks confusedly at Uldar and Goldur. "Wait, which one of you isn't a bard? I got my correspondence certificate, I've seen Uldar carryin' his lute all over the place, but you're carryin' way too many pens and way too few robes to not be a bard..." The look of confusion is easily readable across his face.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 4 | AC: 17/10/17 | HP: 32/32 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 18

"Well I wasn't always one for bardishness bardery barding. There was a day when I could dish out quite the punishment with these babies here." Goldur pats his hammers fondly and chuckles. "Ah, but that was long ago. Age takes its toll on all of us, I'm afraid."


"Oh, no, no, NO! It CANNOT be! I thought you were a paladin. It says so right HERE!"

He stabs a piece of paper with his finger, looks a little more closely, and then stabs a different piece of paper. He looks positively gleeful at the prosepect, though.

"Do show me! Oh, this is soooo DELICIOUS. Three bards. THREE bards. I simply CANNOT wait to see what you all come up with - sure to make the crhonicles. SURE to make it!"

I've pretty much covered all the items to go over. You could ask a bit more about the politics, geography, etc. of the region but it would be purely for RP purposes. At this point you can figure out if you want to spend some money or start travelling. There will be a bit of camping involved so just make sure you have your basic essentials. Mounts will not get in the way, but neither will they be of much significance during the module so if you want to haul around a lot of stuff, a cheap beast of burden would wlork out (for once in a PF scenario).

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)
miteke wrote:
"Three bards. THREE bards. I simply CANNOT wait to see what you all come up with - sure to make the crhonicles. SURE to make it!"

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29

"You've never heard of Aurus Goldson's drinking songs? They're quite famous and were sung regularly by the Pathfinders repealing the Assault on Absalom and those who healed the Solstice Scar!"

"Can you tell us what species are present in the task force? I'm thinking we might try and infitrate, but we might need magical aid if there's no dwarfs, half-orcs, elves and humans in their ranks."

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0
miteke wrote:
"Oh, no, no, NO! It CANNOT be! I thought you were a paladin. It says so right HERE!"

"I mean, mostly paladin, that's what I've been focusing on, but, you know.." The half-elf shuffles his feet some in embarrassment. "You know, we really don't need to make a big de-"

Uldar Uldeth wrote:
"You've never heard of Aurus Goldson's drinking songs? They're quite famous and were sung regularly by the Pathfinders repealing the Assault on Absalom and those who healed the Solstice Scar!"

Aurus pauses for a second and his face pales, then flushes in further embarrassment. "Drinking songs is right, I don't remember starting those."

"How long are we expecting to be out here? Gotta know how much to carry in trail biscuits."


"Oh, a DRINKING song. I suppose that is an accomplishment. Particularly if you can get people to sing it. My tastes run more towards EPIC SAGAS, and romantic ballads with TRAGiC endings. I do love a BIG story. You did mention some epic story lines to the song. WHY a drinking song?"

Take a look at the Map of Nirmthas. You are in the capital, Tamran, located at the mouth of the river in the east. If you travel up the Mandeth river until you just emerge from the forested area, you will be at Fangwood Keep as shown in the Map of Merideth Valley.

"Well, you are HERE." He stabs at Tamran on one map. "And you are going HERE." He stabs at the location of the keep on the map of Nirmathas. "And the key HERE show that to be about 75, 100 miles or so. It's up to you whether you walk, ride, or book passage on a boat."

The citizens of Molthu"ne are human as is Vos and his men. Not sure about the specialist though.

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0
miteke wrote:
"Oh, a DRINKING song. I suppose that is an accomplishment. Particularly if you can get people to sing it. My tastes run more towards EPIC SAGAS, and romantic ballads with TRAGiC endings. I do love a BIG story. You did mention some epic story lines to the song. WHY a drinking song?"

The paladin's face gets a deeper shade of crimson. "Well, Venture-Captain, sir, I'm sure it had something to do with the drinking I was doing, though I'll confess that I'm, ah, having some trouble with the specifics."

He seems eager to change the subject as Alex brings up logistics. "Boat, for sure," the paladin says decisively. "Horses and I don't much get along, and after our time on foot for the Solstice Scar, I'd like to give my boots a vacation."


"A boat would give you more time to hone your skills too. I'm sure, as your Venture LIEUTENENT, I can help you find a craft willing to take you."

He does not seem terribly upset by Aurus' mistake in spite of the correction. Perhaps even a little pleased.

Let me know when you are ready to move on to the next scene in our little drama. I'll let you retroactively purchase any equipment up to the point where the first encounter occurs.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 4 | AC: 17/10/17 | HP: 32/32 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 18

"You'll have to tell me more about your horse-related mishaps on our journey," the dwarf says to Aurus.

Ready to move on.


Alex hires you a boat and you set off up river. I't slow going because you are fighting the current but you get there without mishap. The captain lets you off on the north side of the river reasoning that, if the keep has been taken by Molthunes, it would be better not to land on the side that has the keep. With a hasty farewell, the boat and nervous crew sets off for its final destination another 100 miles up-river.

You follow along until the forest thins out into a large valley cleared of trees. Atop a baren hill to the south you see a small two story keep surrounded by a crumbling wall. As you watch, the boat passes under a stone bridge in the distance without any evident mishap. The river is large and fast moving and crossing without using the bridge will require some creativity, while using the bridge will probably announce your arrival.

DC 20 Perception:
In spite of the distance you are able to spot some sentries on the ramparts of the keep and in the break in the wall, though at this distance they appear as little more than humanoid figures.

DC 15 Knowledge Geography:
There is a crossing some 5 miles up-river, though getting to it would be trek though difficult forested terrain.

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Kn:Geography: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Aurus watches the boat as it sails away. "Nice crew," he says to no one in particular.

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

Before departure, Nemrok will have bought a wand of grease from the lodge. with 2PP

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

May be it will be better to not take the bridge ?

Looking at the place, Nemrok tries to figure out what to do with what's around him.
can we swim easily?


Swimming would not be a good idea unless you are very good at it.

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

"You know I've never been to Nirmathas or Molthune? I don't think I have," Aurus keeps musing. "Good week for it - today's Wanderer's Escape, if I'm remembering days of the week right - river does kinda blend 'em together, right?" He begins stretching his arms. "Everyone ready to go?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Knowledge Geography (take 10): 10 + 8 = 18

"If I remember correctly, there is a crossing some 5 miles up-river, though getting to it would be trek through difficult forested terrain."

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

"No way it'll be worse than the trek to the Solstice Scar," Aurus says.

Doing some quick shopping, haven't confirmed yet, but I think I'm getting a +1 armor enhancement, a +1 weapon enhancement, and a +1 cloak of resistance - just buff all the must-haves.

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

In this case, better take this route. We don't need the guys in the castle to see us crossing the bridge.

Says Nemrok

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 4 | AC: 17/10/17 | HP: 32/32 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 18

"Agreed. Taking the long way may not be easy, but it seems our best option." Goldur gestures deferentially to Uldar. "Lead the way, my friend."

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)
Goldur Twinthunders wrote:
"Agreed. Taking the long way may not be easy, but it seems our best option." Goldur gestures deferentially to Uldar. "Lead the way, my friend."

"Lead the way? Through the forest? I think traveling through the forest to the next bridge might be a good idea, but having me be the guide is probably a very bad idea! I'm more of a city person."

I think Mao is the best with a +2 survival? (beats my -2)

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 4 | AC: 17/10/17 | HP: 32/32 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 18

I have a +3 untrained on Survival. Would Inspire Competence work for that?


Aurus Goldson wrote:
Doing some quick shopping, haven't confirmed yet, but I think I'm getting a +1 armor enhancement, a +1 weapon enhancement, and a +1 cloak of resistance - just buff all the must-haves.

Do you want any of those listed on your chronicle sheet for this scenario?

Goldur Twinthunders wrote:
I have a +3 untrained on Survival. Would Inspire Competence work for that?

Unfortunately not. Bardic performance is doled out in rounds and you will be travelling for quite a while.

So here's the thing. Forest terrain, unless it is old growth, is full of brambles, downed trees, and, since you are near a river, slippery slopes. You will not need to worry about getting lost or food, but I figure a survival roll is in order to prevent injury.

A DC 5 survival roll will prevent injury. 0-4 will mean a minor injury easily dealt with by a DC 10 heal check. Less than 0 will mean a significant injury requiring a charge from a wand of CLW. But I will require you to add your ACP to the roll.

Also toss me in a perception roll.

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

Survival (untrained): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

Nemrok even if not use to walk into the forest is able to avoid any injury!

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0
miteke wrote:
Aurus Goldson wrote:
Doing some quick shopping, haven't confirmed yet, but I think I'm getting a +1 armor enhancement, a +1 weapon enhancement, and a +1 cloak of resistance - just buff all the must-haves.
Do you want any of those listed on your chronicle sheet for this scenario?

Nah, I'll take care of the math on the sheets I already have, I have the gold for it.

Aurus takes off in a jog after Nemrok.

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22e

"Ow crap damnit" the half-elf says as he is smacked with branches and takes one nasty bark to the shin from a stealthy stump.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

Survival: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 4 | AC: 17/10/17 | HP: 32/32 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 18

Survival: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 1 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

By stepping carefully and drawing on his years of experience, Goldur is able to pick his way through the hazardous terrain without injury. Not everyone is so lucky, however. "Here, young man," he says to Aurus, plucking a nearby leaf and handing it to the paladin other bard. "Eat this. The sangate tree's leaves are a natural pain suppressant."

Goldur auto-succeeds at a DC 10 Heal.


Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

It takes a full day to travel to the crossing and back again and it is nearing sundown when you arrive back, none the worse for wear but pretty dang tired. At one point, as you were availing yourself of a trail through the forest that has seen recent use, you heard something approaching in the opposite direction and hid yourselves. Two hobgoblins passed you by without noticing that you were lurking in the brush. Now you know where the recent use has come from, but it makes you wonder what hobgoblins are up to in the area.

You are able to get a better look at the keep from this side, though you are still forced to remain at a distance. The fort looks well manned with lookouts positioned in the ramparts of the keep and, as you noted before, in the break in the wall. The wall looks to be the remnants of an older structure that has seen better days. The walls are about 15' high and 12' wide at the base and 5' wide at the top. It looks like it would be climbable by a skilled climber or with the right gear. The keep itself is two stories high and clover leaf in shape with 4 round areas bulging out from the central section. Though the walls are not manned, the keep is tall enough that the watchers on the four ramparts will be able to see anyone approaching, at least in daylight.

Thus you are still presented with the issue that there is no way you can approach the area and look for the marker for the secret door in broad daylight.

At this point you have a few options. You are pretty tired after that slog fest so a night's rest would be welcome. On the other hand, finding that secret passage must be tempting and the longer you remain outside the keep the better the chance you get caught by a patrol, assuming there are any. You haven't had the chance to scope out the area or watch the occupants so maybe there aren't any?

Because of the travelling you have done, I am going to ask you to make a DC 14 fort ST at a -2 if medium encumbered or a -4 if heavily encumbered or you will be fatigued until you get some rest.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"Let's find that entrance!"


Is Uldar carrying any camping gear? If so that probably puts him over into the medium encumbered category.

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Not used to long walk Nemrok is tired.

lets find a better place to camp, we will look for the secret entrance later in the night.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)
miteke wrote:
Is Uldar carrying any camping gear? If so that probably puts him over into the medium encumbered category.

Probably? Well, even with a -2 it should be enough!

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Aurus seems fine - he personally chalks it up to the whatever-leaves Goldur was so kind to provide.

"Little bit of Divine Power should be able to clear up that tiredness if we'd rather move," the mostly-paladin says.

My Lay On Hands removes fatigue, so we can rest if we want to, or Aurus can cure Nemrok - and I have lesser restoration prepared!


Uldar Uldeth wrote:
miteke wrote:
Is Uldar carrying any camping gear? If so that probably puts him over into the medium encumbered category.
Probably? Well, even with a -2 it should be enough!

Yea, it doesn't matter this time, but I thought I'd mention it so that it would be on your radar in the future.

Gotta love that lay on hands! So is the consensus to rest or is it to set out tonight and start looking for the secret passageway? We have one no, one yes, and one maybe - though I think that 'no' from Nemrok was because of the fatigue.

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

Yes, it was from the fatigue ;-)

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 4 | AC: 17/10/17 | HP: 32/32 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 18

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

"I will need a rest before pressing on. These bones tire more quickly than they used to."


Will it be two uses of lay on hands, Aurus?

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

I can use one - but didn't Goldur pass his? He pulled a 15 for the DC 14

"Alright fellas, gather around and give me a 'hail Aspu,'" the paladin says, rubbing his hands together to warm them up.


Nemrok and Goldur failed. I'm thinking Goldur was travelling with camping equipment and has a -2.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)
miteke wrote:
Nemrok and Goldur failed. I'm thinking Goldur was travelling with camping equipment and has a -2.

I think we've got enough strong characters that can carry equipment for the weaker ones.

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Yeah, we can rebalance - now that we've received consequences for not thinking of this sooner.

Aurus heals up Goldur and Nemrock. "Alright then, anyone else?"

Have we heard anything from Mao? Otherwise we're pushing a rather unfunny joke - "two-and-a-half bards, a half-paladin, and a wizard walk into a heavily-armed keep..."

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 4 | AC: 17/10/17 | HP: 32/32 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 18

Quick, Nemrok! Retrain into a level of bard so we can be 4 for 4!

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

I could be :P

I'm good, thanks Aurus.

1 to 50 of 748 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Miteke's Core Fangwood Keep All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.