Darkened Thresholds - Artifact

Game Master JonGarrett

The Website
Basic Hunter Reference Sheets and Moves
Keeper Reference Sheets
Gemstone Table


951 to 966 of 966 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 4/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

Help Out: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 1 = 9

Charly sees Kavax coming down and stops her lightning so she can help the big, scary lizard by getting the heck out of the way.

"I think I've busted most of the concrete covering the second seal, but there's another one buried way deep, and I don't feel like turning myself into hamburger to get to it."

She wipes blood away from where some shrapnel had left some cuts in her cheek.


Human Level 2 Expert - Harm 3/7 - Luck 7/7 - Exp 1/5 - Charm: -1 - Cool: +1 - Sharp: +2 - Tough: 0 - Weird: +2 - Holds: None

Carlos sighed and started to look for another route. He wasn't adept at climbing nor was he equipped to do so. "I'm going to see if there's an easier way." He started to move to rejoin them and the number three happened to pop into his head. "Of course!" It was so obvious once he realized it, the night had been calling out in threes.

"Charly that there might be the last one. No not the one Kavax is lugging but the one buried deep." He frantically looks for the plans that Captain Rose collected before realizing he would have better luck just asking.

"Those floor plans, do any of them talk about sub basements? Or sewage routes?"


Professional | Armour +2 | Harm 1 | Luck 0 Used | Experience - ||| Charm -1 | Cool +2 | Sharp +2 | Tough +1 | Weird 0 ||| Holds: IaM 1, RaBS 2

Captain paused for a moment before she reached to pull out some of the documents, "With all the suspicious costs for alterations, sub-basements are almost guaranteed, but so are routes down being disguised..." she walked over to Carlos as she quietly spoke. Showing him what of the plans she had, she compared them to the space...

Read a Bad Situation-Plans: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 2 = 11 Best route in? Have discussed a general idea with GM, he will bring specifics later.

..."A few parts by the wall aren't quite matching up, maybe room for a hatch or two. Thoughts?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Kavax manages to get down without too much trouble, but the rings are sparking, arcane power zipping between the two. It is an uncomfortable feeling for Kavax, but doesn't seem harmful. Yet.

Rose compares the map to what she can see, and realizes there seems to be an entire room to the left that just isn't there. No door, nothing. It's currently covered in old banners and a clown costume.


Human Level 2 Expert - Harm 3/7 - Luck 7/7 - Exp 1/5 - Charm: -1 - Cool: +1 - Sharp: +2 - Tough: 0 - Weird: +2 - Holds: None

Carlos nodded in agreement, "You're probably right. I think we can get Kavax or someone and possible tear right through it." He rolls his eyes and waves his hand over the area, "As you can see we have an aptitude for this kind of stuff."

He starts off in the direction of her hunch, "Every moment this thing is free it could be doing damage or worse. We need to move, now."

Read a Bad Situation, Clowning Around: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 4/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

Seeing Kavax having some trouble with the seal. Charly tries her best to help by lightening the load, literally.

Use Magic (Make the seal light as a feather.): 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 2 = 9


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The clown suit seemed perfectly normal. The mask did not follow Carlos as he moved, and he was almost certain that it wasn't moving - just a touch - while he wasn't quite looking. Almost.

Charly's magic succeeded. The power between the circles, clearing away the concrete, intensified between the two. Lighting crackled between the arcs of more raw, arcane magic and the circle began to lighten in Kavax's hands. In fact, it started to float back up...

Hot damn do I love Complications with magic.


Ratings: Charm +0 Cool +1 Sharp -1 Tough +3 Weird +1 |Harm 3/7 Unstable? no | Luck 7/7 | Experience 5/5

Well, at least lighter was better than heavier. He could use his weight to hold it down.

"If you really want to help, get rid of all this crackly stuff. I don't mind the weight, but I don't want to be electrocuted just from holding this."


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 4/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

"Right! Sorry!!"

Charly looked at Kavax and then at the lightning sparking about and takes in a deep breath. Apparently the tradition of the storm god in the mythos being a hothead that didn't think things through was alive and well with her. She feels her stomach growl and licks her lips as she looks a the caged lightning arcing about.

She is really hungry.

Weird (Eat the lightning, Fairy Tale Dragon Slayer style): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 2 + 1 = 12 Well, this should be entertaining at the least.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Charly devours the magic like a buff blonde man with a fur coat and a green haired boyfriend. It's impressive to watch. The electromagnetism propelling it up fades away, leaving the circle stable. For the moment at least. At least it's comfortable to hold.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 4/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

Ashamed to say it took me a few read throughs to catch the reference.

*Urpzzt*

Charly blushes as she wipes away the last dregs of lightning clinging to the corners of her mouth with one hand while she gets out of Kavax's way.

"Excuse me," she says in a small, abashed voice.

Do I need to roll again to get out of the way?


Human Level 2 Expert - Harm 3/7 - Luck 7/7 - Exp 1/5 - Charm: -1 - Cool: +1 - Sharp: +2 - Tough: 0 - Weird: +2 - Holds: None

Carlos moves past the clown suit, and proceeds to search for the possible hidden room that didn't seem to exist.

Investigate!: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7 What is being hidden here?


Professional | Armour +2 | Harm 1 | Luck 0 Used | Experience - ||| Charm -1 | Cool +2 | Sharp +2 | Tough +1 | Weird 0 ||| Holds: IaM 1, RaBS 2

Captain searched as well, starting in the direction away from the weird clown stuff.


Ratings: Charm +0 Cool +1 Sharp -1 Tough +3 Weird +1 |Harm 3/7 Unstable? no | Luck 7/7 | Experience 5/5

"Thanks. That'll help"

Kavax considered the rings. Should he pick up the second one and try to bring both of these to the third? Or leave the one he was carrying here, go get the third ring, and bring it up?

Just as an experiment, he brought the ring he was carrying closer to the one in the concrete, to see what kind of reaction they might have.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The ring is more or less under control. Charly doesn't need to get clear at all.

Carlos considers for a few moments. The layout of the basement did not make any sense. It seemed like it should have a second half over, past the clown wall (did that thing twitch?) but both the plans and the visual suggest simply what can be seen.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 4/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

Seeing that Kavax has things well in hand, Charly turns her attention back to trying to locate where Simon is and maybe guide the others to him, or pull him out herself.

Use Magic (Trying to reconnect with the building and perhaps some other things): 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 1) + 2 = 9

Well, there's bound to be some complication. Anyone want to start a betting pool? My money's on someone hijacking Charly.

951 to 966 of 966 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Darkened Threshold - Artifact All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.