GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Sanctum of a Lost Age - Maps!


1,501 to 1,550 of 1,606 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:4/5 2nd:2/4 | Bardic Performance 12/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 3 images

Will nods in agreement with Telos, both about their next movement and Pietro's mistreatment of helmet.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The helmet, seems to taunt the cleric in return, "You know, I had a head once. Then I lost it in a drinking bout against the great Athemon. Perhaps you will one day share the same fate."

The party, happy with their next course of action, decide to make your way back to the main chamber and figure out once and for all how those mechanical visages worked. Stepping back into the entry hall, the air once again get's thin, and the space around you begins to crack open, light slowly peaking through.

The horrible vibrations return, as they rattle in your heads more intensely than before. Then, the familiar scramble of a guttural tone, echoes through your mind in all the languages at once. "I knew... you would return... It was in...inevitable. Have you forgotten...about me? This is my...sanctum...now."

As the room around you starts to literally break apart at the seems, you find yourselves a few seconds to prepare. You think you have, roughly 6 seconds, to prepare for what is to come next. Actions?

Music start's playing, where is it coming from?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 28/30 | AC 24* T 16 FF 21* resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 4/7; 3rd 0/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 0/3 | Active conditions: shield, 7m, prot. from energy 84E/140m, Daylight, Mark of Daegros

Hmm, is this the thing that's going to kill us with elemental energy? Is it time to bring up our resistances?

For the time being he casts a simpler spell.

[standard] cast shield
[move] draw metamagic rod

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:4/5 2nd:2/4 | Bardic Performance 12/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 3 images

Will casts mirror image as 3 more of him appear.
mirror image: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

we're all up by Telos in the other room right?

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward sighs and then quickly casts barkskin on himself.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

You are in the entrance way, please position yourselves around the doors to the training room you just walked out of.

A few seconds go by, as the rifts begin to open wider and wider. The vibrations intensify, and a huge creature steps out from the aether. This slithering, multilegged blue reptile has a fearsome head crowned with two large, curling horns.

You hear incantations, echo with the vibrations in the room. SM.III: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Telos: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Behir: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
The Visitant: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 1.0

@ Will (image 3)
@ Telos (shield, mage armor)

! The Visitant (invisible)
+ Dredge (yellow, green, blue)

@ Roran - MAY HAVE SUPRISE ROUND!

! Behir

Seward (barkskin)
Pietro - MAY HAVE SUPRISE ROUND!

Will, Telos and Roran may act!

DC 18+ Arcana:
The huge creature is a Behir. It has a devastating breathe weapon that deals electricity, and can swallow whole is it grabs you.
Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 {+2 v evil} | CMD 16 {+2 v evil}| F +8 R +2 W +9 {+2 v evil}| Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 4/6 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, pro elect. 72/72, pro evil
GM Tealk wrote:
The horrible vibrations return, as they rattle in your heads more intensely than before. Then, the familiar scramble of a guttural tone, echoes through your mind in all the languages at once. "I knew... you would return... It was in...inevitable. Have you forgotten...about me? This is my...sanctum...now."

"GARY? IS THAT YOU? DID YOU BRING THE COIN YOU OWE ME?"

GM Tealk wrote:
A few seconds go by, as the rifts begin to open wider and wider. The vibrations intensify, and a huge creature steps out from the aether. This slithering, multilegged blue reptile has a fearsome head crowned with two large, curling horns.

"WAIT, THAT'S NOT GARY! WHAT IS THAT THING?"

How long has it been since Pietro cast bull's strength?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 51/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Surprise round, would have cast protection from evil

Will five foot step into the thing and strike. "What is this thing?"

Power Attack
+1 longsword: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 2 = 201d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 4 = 15

+1 longword, iterative: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 2 = 201d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 = 10

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 28/30 | AC 24* T 16 FF 21* resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 4/7; 3rd 0/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 0/3 | Active conditions: shield, 7m, prot. from energy 84E/140m, Daylight, Mark of Daegros

Arcana, info on creature: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Telos eyes widen as he looks back and forth at their sudden foes.

I... don't think we should stay here and face them all at once!

The halfling backs into the training room and casts his major protection.

[move] 20'
[standard] cast Protection from Energy, enhanced with rod of extend spell, absorbs 84 points of energy damage or 140m/1400 rounds

NOTE will pick element once we get arcana results.

ALSO NOTE telos has shield, but not mage armor

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:4/5 2nd:2/4 | Bardic Performance 12/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 3 images

loremaster for 23 on knowledge, since its huge cover shouldn't be an issue from allies, I can simply shoot up.

Will tells Telos " It breaths lightning! I keep foolishly hoping that you'll be able to talk these things down because you share an elemental affinity with them. Perhaps we should move back over here, away from all these foes. It'll probably swallow you whole if you get in its mouth."

Will, steps backward and continues " You've got this Roran. But I'd prefer if you don't get eaten, so lets put some grease on you to make you harder to grab"

CMD +10 at least

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 28/30 | AC 24* T 16 FF 21* resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 4/7; 3rd 0/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 0/3 | Active conditions: shield, 7m, prot. from energy 84E/140m, Daylight, Mark of Daegros

Lightning! So it definitely speaks my language.

A grin forms on the halfling's face.

Definitely choosing electricity for Protection from Energy.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

@Pietro, I would argue that you still have it up actually, so there! @Telos, gothca! @WIll, nice turn!

The paladin storms forward, but his swing goes wider than he expected. The creatue swats his sword away with one of it's may tails, before unleashing a torrent of lightning from its mouth in a line. Seward, Roran and Pietro, please make me a DC 20 reflex save for half.
Bleeeeerrrrgh!: 7d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 5, 4, 3, 6, 4) = 241d4 ⇒ 3

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 2.0

@ Will (image 3)
@ Telos (shield, proc 84 elec)

! The Visitant (invisible)
+ Dredge (yellow, green, blue)

Roran -24/12 lethal (proc evil, grease +10 cmb)

! Behir (3rd bw)

@ Seward -24/12 lethal (barkskin)
@ Pietro -24/12 lethal (bull str) MAY HAVE SUPRISE ROUND!

Seward, Pietro may act for turn 1. Will and Telos may take turn 2 actions!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 28/30 | AC 24* T 16 FF 21* resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 4/7; 3rd 0/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 0/3 | Active conditions: shield, 7m, prot. from energy 84E/140m, Daylight, Mark of Daegros

Telos sprints back into the room to apply the same protection to one of his front-liners before another planned safe-exit.

Roran feels a hand glance at his back.

[move] 20'
[standard] Protection from energy, extended, electricity, on Roran; 84 points of electricity damage or 140m/1400 rounds

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:4/5 2nd:2/4 | Bardic Performance 12/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 3 images

Will begins an inspiring performance.

plus 2 to hit and damage for everyone

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 {+2 v evil} | CMD 16 {+2 v evil}| F +8 R +2 W +9 {+2 v evil}| Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 4/6 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, pro elect. 72/72, pro evil
GM Tealk wrote:
@Pietro, I would argue that you still have it up actually, so there!

If it stays that way for more than a few hours I'll have to consult a higher level cleric. Ahem!

GM Tealk wrote:
The paladin storms forward, but his swing goes wider than he expected. The creature swats his sword away with one of it's may tails, before unleashing a torrent of lightning from its mouth in a line.

Being a wise cleric (and therefor of utmost importance to the rest of the party since can heal them) Pietro uses his surprise action to GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY! :p

"I CAN'T STAND TO SEE A POOR, DUMB PALADIN SUFFER!" he says to Will and Telos. Doing so he turns away when the blast of lightning streaks through the doorway.

This round he casts protection from energy on himself and shifts position for better cover.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward wheels around to a more clear shot and holds his bow at the ready.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Can Roran, Pietro and Seward make DC 20 reflex please? Alsp, @Seward, what are you waiting for?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 {+2 v evil} | CMD 16 {+2 v evil}| F +8 R +2 W +9 {+2 v evil}| Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 4/6 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, pro elect. 72/72, pro evil

Sure but Pietro's action during the surprise round would have had him standing to the right of Will (last I checked) in the next room. I only delayed to see if anyone else would help knock Roran unconscious and drag him out.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 51/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Seward backflips over the torrent of energy. Edit or not...?
Reflex, Seward: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

The drenches move around to harass the party. One of them jumps down at Telos. The other two, cast stinking cloud DC 13!
Bite vs Telos: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
@Seward, @Roran, @Telos, pelase make DC 13 Fortitude vs stinking cloud, or become nauseated untill you leave the gas.

Somewhere in the room, the vibrations echo and you hear the spell barkskin being used. Just giving you the spells, because you get them with your spellcraft checks anyway.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 2.5

Will (image 3)
Telos (shield, proc 84 elec) - DC 13 FORT

! The Visitant (invisible, barkskin)
+ Dredge (yellow', green', blue)

Roran -12 lethal (proc evil, grease +10 cmb) - DC 13 FORT
Seward -24 lethal (barkskin) readied? - DC 13 FORT
Pietro (bull str, proc 84 elec)
cm
! Behir (3rd bw)

Roran, Seward and Pietro may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 {+2 v evil} | CMD 16 {+2 v evil}| F +8 R +2 W +9 {+2 v evil}| Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 4/6 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, pro elect. 72/72, pro evil
GM Tealk wrote:
Somewhere in the room, the vibrations echo and you hear the spell barkskin being used. Just giving you the spells, because you get them with your spellcraft checks anyway.

Not that I mind having a heads up, but I think you might have to see the spell being cast--at least if they have somatic components.

"GRR. IF ONLY THESE THINGS WERE DOORS." growls Pietro. He manages another oath, curse, or prayer (protection from evil targetting himself) and then draws forth his wand (of cure moderate wounds) from his belt with his buckler hand.

Pietro looks to Will. "Do you think they'll have enough sense to fall back?"

Pietro only gets 72 pts of protection because of his level.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

had to double move so waiting for nothing :p

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Attack Longbow + What I assume to be an evil outside bonuses: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 = 191d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10

Attack Longbow + What I assume to be an evil outside bonuses: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 = 331d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14

Attack Longbow + What I assume to be an evil outside bonuses: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 2 = 261d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 {+2 v evil} | CMD 16 {+2 v evil}| F +8 R +2 W +9 {+2 v evil}| Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 4/6 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, pro elect. 72/72, pro evil

Is Seward shooting at "orange", "yellow", "green", "blue", the invisible one, Roran? all of them? (Skittles--"Shoot the rainbow!")

And how is Seward even aiming in the cloud? "TELOS! RORAN! TRY NOT TO SOUND LIKE MONSTERS!"

EDIT Ah! Seeking bow. That'll work for some of the targets this round, but if they move, we're back to echolocation.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 28/30 | AC 24* T 16 FF 21* resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 4/7; 3rd 0/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 0/3 | Active conditions: shield, 7m, prot. from energy 84E/140m, Daylight, Mark of Daegros

Roran should have 84 points of electricity prot. too.

Fortitude, DC13: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Mmm! Rotten eggs! Is that the best you can do? This little guy can't even enjoy your smells! He gestures at the helmet on his shoulder.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 51/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Roran easily fights off the stinking cloud. "Falling back. Let's move" Roran says covering is nose and withdrawing.

Full round action withdraw. Thankfully the dretches gave us concealment.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Seward braves the mist, and trusts his memory and aim, letting his bow do the work. I will hold the damage until you let me know who you're targeting, @Seward.

Seward buffs himself, while Roran moves out of the mist, leaving the small halfling alone in the mist. Telos watches as the large shadow of the creature moves forward over him.
Bite, miss chance? Grapple; Constrict: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 181d100 ⇒ 841d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 422d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 3) + 9 = 15

The creature tries to grab the sorcerer with it's large maw, but cannot get a hold of the swift halfling.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 3.0
Will (image 3)
Telos (shield, proc 84 elec)

! The Visitant (invisible, barkskin)
+ Dredge (yellow', green', blue)

Roran -12 lethal (proc evil, grease +10 cmb, proc 84 elec)
Seward -24 lethal (barkskin) readied?
Pietro (bull str, proc 72 elec, proc evil)

! Behir (2rd bw)

Top of the round! Will and Telos to go!

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:4/5 2nd:2/4 | Bardic Performance 12/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 3 images

Will looks at pietro " I can only hope so. I don't think the big one will fit through the door!"

Delaying for now; I also know OOC that it can squeeze through, assuming we're not obstructing the doorway, requiring CMD checks, but its probably best to not be in the room of stinky death

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

I'll do Yellow

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 28/30 | AC 24* T 16 FF 21* resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 4/7; 3rd 0/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 0/3 | Active conditions: shield, 7m, prot. from energy 84E/140m, Daylight, Mark of Daegros

Uh oh, it's getting crowded in here. You don't have to tell me twice, Roran!

Telos jets out of the nauseating fog and heads back into the training room.
[move] 20'

Who else needs electricity protection? Seward?

For the time being, Telos summons one of his familiar balls of fire on the Behir.

[standard] Cast flaming sphere, dropping on the Behir (see map)
Fire damage, reflex DC18 negates: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1) = 11

Flaming sphere, round 1/7

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The behir tries to dodge out of the way of the attack.
Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Seward, uses his intuition to kill off one of the dretches, and stick an arrow in the other. The alive ones move through and out of the fog, towards the party. AOO on Green who moves past the group, if you have melee weapon.
Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 vs Pietro
Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 vs Pietro

Suddently, as you think you have escaped the horrors, the room you are in grows dark. Area on the map is covered in darkness.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 3.5

Telos (shield, proc 84 elec)

! The Visitant (invisible, barkskin)
+ Dredge (yellow', green' -11, blue)

Will (image 3)
Roran -12 lethal (proc evil, grease +10 cmb, proc 84 elec)
Seward -24 lethal (barkskin) readied?
Pietro (bull str, proc 72 elec, proc evil)

! Behir -11 (2rd bw)

Will, Roran, Seward and Pietro may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 {+2 v evil} | CMD 16 {+2 v evil}| F +8 R +2 W +9 {+2 v evil}| Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 4/6 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, pro elect. 72/72, pro evil

"HA!!"

+1 morningstar v green, but it might be blue (AoO, bull's str, 2-handed, inspired): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24 damage: 1d8 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19

Pietro's AC drops to 20 until his turn (v evil) because he can't deploy his buckler, and swing 2-handed at the same time. His to-hit bonus drops by -1 as well, reflected above. Unfortunately, he has to drop his wand of cure moderate wounds as well.

On his turn, he returns to a one-handed stance to use his buckler hand to cast a spell.

concentration (cast defensively) DC 21: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

He prays for lights by bellowing "HEY! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DAMNED LIGHTS!"

He casts continual flame on the head of his morningstar.

He might move, but I need to see if we can see first.

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:4/5 2nd:2/4 | Bardic Performance 12/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 3 images

also waiting to see if Pietro replaced the burned out torch.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 28/30 | AC 24* T 16 FF 21* resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 4/7; 3rd 0/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 0/3 | Active conditions: shield, 7m, prot. from energy 84E/140m, Daylight, Mark of Daegros

Is it time for the oil of daylight?

Telos calls back to the barking and swearing cleric.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 51/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran takes the swing at green has he passed.

Power attack
AOO, +1 longsword: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 = 251d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 = 10

"Who has the oil?" Roran shouts as he swings at the last known location of the green dretch.

Power attack
power attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 2 = 191d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11
total concealment, lo bad: 1d100 ⇒ 97

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The light from the clerics Morningstar begins to shine brightly, and fight back the darkness. The light is powerful enough, to see for brief moment, the disformed figure of The Visitant split across dimensions. The light, fighting away the darkness.

One of the drenches falls to the combined assaults of Roran and Pietro.

Will and Seward still to act, plus Pietro movement?

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:4/5 2nd:2/4 | Bardic Performance 12/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 3 images

Will begins an inspiring performance.

+2 to atk/dmg comptence, +2 saves vs fear/charm morale

O' the lights went out,
It stank real bad,
One could almost begin to doubt,

BUT the boisterous was here,
he had no fear, he whupped one good,
and brought the light to kill the rest of the brood.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 {+2 v evil} | CMD 16 {+2 v evil}| F +8 R +2 W +9 {+2 v evil}| Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 4/6 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, pro elect. 72/72, pro evil

"FINALLY, SOMETHING GOOD!" Pietro says nodding the bard's way under the light of his morningstar. He laughs and then gives a loud battle-cry.

Stands pat, unless Roran needs Pietro to step north for some reason. There's a wand of CMW on the floor in his space.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

So I can see the Visitant?

There you are you bastard he says as he fires at the Visitant

Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot, I assume an evil outside?: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 2 = 251d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12

Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot, I assume an evil outside?: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 2 = 291d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11

Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot, I assume an evil outside?: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 291d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 {+2 v evil} | CMD 16 {+2 v evil}| F +8 R +2 W +9 {+2 v evil}| Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 4/6 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, pro elect. 72/72, pro evil

Seward, I'm pretty sure the Big V is still invisible.


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

You need to make a fort save, Seward. Haha, since you are still in the cloud. Also, I will make your attacks count towards the behir.

Fort, vs Cloud: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The behir, cries out in pain as the arrow strike it's flesh. It steps forward so it can see Seward, and tries to eat him.
Constrict: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 231d100 ⇒ 881d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 332d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 2) + 9 = 13
Consrtic: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 3) + 9 = 17
Is your AC25 or 23 right now with Barkskin, my good sir?

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 4.0
Inspire Courage for +2/+2 to everyone!

@ Telos (shield, proc 84 elec)

! The Visitant (invisible, barkskin)
+ Dredge (yellow', green' -11, blue)

Will[/b] (image 3)
Roran[/b] -12 lethal (proc evil, grease +10 cmb, proc 84 elec)
Seward[/b] -54 lethal (barkskin) grappled!
Pietro[/b] (bull str, proc 72 elec, proc evil)

! Behir -48 (2rd bw, grappled)

Telos may take his turn!!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 28/30 | AC 24* T 16 FF 21* resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 4/7; 3rd 0/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 0/3 | Active conditions: shield, 7m, prot. from energy 84E/140m, Daylight, Mark of Daegros

Telos backs away from the nearby Dretch, retrieves his oil of daylight, and applies it.

[5' step] SE
[move] retrieve oil
[standard] use oil of daylight

The flaming sphere is still on the Behir, so...

Fire damage, reflex DC18 negates: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2) = 12
Flaming sphere, round 2/7

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

as a level 7 caster my AC is currently 26

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

@Seward, alright, then the attack from last turn missed, I apologise.

The party sorcerer applies another light spell to make sure the darkness does not come back, while his fire spell singes the creature in the fog.
Reflex, vs orb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

The dredge next to the paladin and the cleric steps away, and tries to defensively spew fog everyewhere. He is sad when he fails.
Defensive Cast: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

"Now, little human, I won't make the same mistake of keeping you alive like last time..." The Visitant appears as if out of another dimension, sending a claw deap into the flesh of Telos.
Claw, dooooom: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 191d4 + 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + (1, 2) + 6 = 111d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
This are...really bad rolls...

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 4.5
Inspire Courage for +2/+2 to everyone!

@ Telos[/b] (shield, proc 84 elec)

! The Visitant (invisible, barkskin)
+ Dredge (yellow', green, blue)

Will (image 3)
Roran -12 lethal (proc evil, grease +10 cmb, proc 84 elec)
Seward -24 lethal (barkskin)
Pietro (bull str, proc 72 elec, proc evil)

! Behir -48 (1rd bw)

The rest of the group may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 28/30 | AC 24* T 16 FF 21* resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 4/7; 3rd 0/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 0/3 | Active conditions: shield, 7m, prot. from energy 84E/140m, Daylight, Mark of Daegros

Human?!? I'm not one of those loud beasts! the halfling quips as he deftly avoids the claw of doom.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 51/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran seeing a new target. Foul beast, it is you who shall fall this time. He steps up to the target and swings at the beast.

Swift action: Smite Evil. Five foot step and attack
Smite+power attack+IC

attack #1: 1d20 + 11 + 3 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 3 + 2 - 2 = 251d8 + 4 + 6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 6 + 4 + 2 = 24 6 additional damage if it is an outsider, undead or dragon
attack #2: 1d20 + 6 + 3 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 3 + 2 - 2 = 181d8 + 4 + 6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 6 + 4 + 2 = 23 6 additional damage if it is an outsider, undead or dragon

AC is 29 vs the Visitant

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 {+2 v evil} | CMD 16 {+2 v evil}| F +8 R +2 W +9 {+2 v evil}| Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 4/6 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, pro elect. 72/72, pro evil

"OH! GO ON. GIT!" Pietro shouts at the last, lowly dretch before lowering the boom on the hideous creature.

+1 morningstar v blue dretch (bull's str, inspired, power attack, 2-handed): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25 damage: 1d8 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 = 22

AC drops to 20 from 22 while fighting 2-handed.

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:4/5 2nd:2/4 | Bardic Performance 12/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 3 images

Will maintains his performance and pelts the one next to Telos with arrows.

Rapid Shot,IC, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 29damage,IC,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 12
Rapid Shot,IC, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 29damage,IC,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 10

Seward, you might not want to stand next to that thing. Maybe a strategic advance to back here?


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Seward takes a step back, holding his breath, and lets loose another flurry of arrows.
Fort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Rangers are silly: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 301d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Rangers are silly: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 291d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Rangers are silly: 1d20 + 15 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 15 - 5 = 141d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Both of Will's arrows find their target, as the creature is surprised by it's lack of accuracy. Roran smites the creature catching it off-guard, but fails to land the second blow, as the nightmarish creature swipes away at the strike. Pietro swats away at the dredge next to him.

The creature in the mist, enraged with it's inability to eat the small halfling, rawrs as it nearly causes the mist around him to completely vanish. It tries again, to bite at Seward.
Constrict: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 262d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2) + 9 = 141d20 + 22 ⇒ (16) + 22 = 382d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 9 = 14If this misses, I am done GM-ing…
EDIT - okay, so it hit, but no grapple...

@Roran, no extra damage, as this is infact a kn. nature - plant creature, as you identified previously.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 5.0
Inspire Courage for +2/+2 to everyone!

@ Telos (shield, proc 84 elec)

! The Visitant -26 (barkskin)
+ Dredge (yellow', green, blue -22)

Will[/b] (image 3)
Roran[/b] -12 lethal (proc evil, grease +10 cmb, proc 84 elec)
Seward[/b] -38 lethal (barkskin)
Pietro[/b] (bull str, proc 72 elec, proc evil)

! Behir -98 (--)

Telos may act!

1,501 to 1,550 of 1,606 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.