GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Sanctum of a Lost Age - Maps!


1,301 to 1,350 of 1,497 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/4 | Bardic Performance 16/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism

The volume control is impressive, but I generally prefer not carrying my allies into battle... Will says as he tries to recall the duration of the paralysis.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

You wait a few minutes for the effects of the paralysis to leave your cleric's system. The unusual effect leaves a lingering feeling of pins and needles in the mans extremities, causing him grip to weaken slightly. It takes 4 minutes to leave your system.

You decide to move to the room to the right. This room is full of massive rusty cogs and enormous, toothed clockwork wheels that move in rhythmic, clanking “ticks” like a gigantic clock. The huge mechanism is powered by water streaming down into the buckets of a mill wheel. It pours from a chute near the ceiling in the northwest corner of the room. The wheel turns an axle along which most of the cogs turn. These cogs then turn other, smaller cogs and cams that seem to mark out time. At intervals, they trigger rods that direct water into channels in the floor, which run in various directions out from under the room through narrow gratings in the floors.

The groaning, squeaking din of this mechanism is deafening and constant, and a fishy carrion reek emanates from the water. The axle with all the cogs turns in two huge sockets, above a dark pool of water. Only the two largest cogs are big enough to be reach down into the water. A series of stone catwalks spans the room thirty feet above the churning waterways.

DC 15 Perception:
You notice notice that the large pool in the center of the room is faintly glowing from somewhere in the center. If you go an investigate, and take the object out of the water, give me another Perception check or Appraisal check thanks!

DC 21 Perception:
Unlike most of the other rooms in the Dark Menagerie, this one is not steeped in illusion, but rather is a small engine room built to supply both water and fresh air to the monstrous
inhabitants of Nhur Athemon’s personal zoo. The complex device uses series of rods and water channels to open and close water gates into the other chambers in this level, providing water for the creatures therein and sluicing away their wastes.

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/4 | Bardic Performance 16/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Will examines the water.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

He contemplates,”This appears to be the water source for this level. There is a faint glow over there...

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Telos enters the room and proceeds several paces down the stone walkway. He stops a take a deep breath...

Um.... fishy.

Again he looks down at the little helmet on his shoulder.

Anything we should know about this peaceful room?

Cast Detect Magic, scanning the walkway in front of him first.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

As the party makes their way over the catwalk, towards the ramp which would lead them down towards the bottom floor, suddenly, this horrid mass of eyes, mouths, and formless flesh which stares in all directions, begins yammering ceaselessly as it comes from underneath the bridge.

The helmet on the sorcerer's shoulder lets out a small sigh, "I wasn't going to say anything, but from memory I remember there being something in here. Though, I've forgotten how hideous."

As the creature begins to gibber, it fills your minds with horrible thoughts. Everyone please give me DC 13 will save, or be confused for 1 round!

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Mouther: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 1

@ Seward -10h lethal
@ Will
@ Pietro -6 lethal

! Gibbering Mouther

Roran
Telos

Seward, Will and Pietro may act!

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/4 | Bardic Performance 16/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Take 10 on loremaster for a 19 on Knowledge:Dungoneering (or any knowledge really...arcana, nature, planes would be 2 higher)

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Will begins a performance and moves back so his allies can join the fray.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge
GM Tealk wrote:
You wait a few minutes for the effects of the paralysis to leave your cleric's system. The unusual effect leaves a lingering feeling of pins and needles in the mans extremities, causing him grip to weaken slightly. It takes 4 minutes to leave your system.

I don't know. I like the idea of engaging the encumbrance rules, with the party having to haul close to 350 lbs of Pietro, and his equipment around the dungeon. :)

Likewise, he would probably heal folks up with a quick burst of positive joviality (actually he'll just use his wand).
wand of cure light wounds v Seward: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
wand of cure light wounds v Self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

"WELL, WHATEVER IT IS THIS IS NO PLACE FOR A FIGHT! IT'S TIME TO SHOVE ON! RORAN! TELL IT TO MOVE, OR WE'LL MOVE IT OURSELVES."

Casts bull strength on Roran.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Telos rolls his eyes at the helmet. Oh now you tell us. A few moments ago would have been preferable.

Will, DC13: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

In case Arcana can be used to get info about this thing:
knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

You realise that this creature is a gibbering mouther. It has a flurry of attacks, and its gibbering can make you crazy. They are mostly known for their ability to consume smaller creatures with their engulf and blood drain abilities. They also have DR bludgeoning.

The creature, annoyed at the paladin that it can't eat him, slaps him a few times.
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d4 ⇒ 1
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d4 ⇒ 3
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d4 ⇒ 2
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d4 ⇒ 4
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d4 ⇒ 2
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d4 ⇒ 2

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 2

@ Seward -2 lethal - may act twice!
@ Will
@ Pietro -3 lethal
@ Roran -3 lethal (bull strength)
@ Telos

! Gibbering Mouther

Seward, Will and Pietro may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge

"YOU'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE THAT FROM IT ARE YOU, RORAN!?"

"Casts" Strength Surge (Sp) upon himself, in preparation to shove Roran, and the thing back as far as he can.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Yeah, push it back so we can spread out along the walkway better! Also, I'm going to stay back here... gibbering mouthers like to swallow smaller creatures whole.

[standard] Cast magic missile

Force damage, missile 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Force damage, missile 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Force damage, missile 3: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 52/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran takes Peitro's hint and attempts to shove the creature back.

bull's strength

bull rush, not improved: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23Will move the first five feet with him, if I beat his CMD that is


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Seward aims at the creature.
Shoot: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 - 4 = 171d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11
Shoot: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 - 4 = 271d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14
Shoot: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 - 4 = 121d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11
Shoot: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 - 4 = 101d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10

Will follows his instincts, and fires at the creature also.
Shoot: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 231d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12
Shoot: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 131d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12

...confirm?
Shoot: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 - 4 = 111d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The creature takes another slap at the paladin, before getting pushed back (10ft) and hit with a barrage of arrows and spells.
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d4 ⇒ 2

It then follows up with it's own flurry of blows.
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d4 ⇒ 2
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d4 ⇒ 3
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d4 ⇒ 4
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d4 ⇒ 3
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d4 ⇒ 3

Did you want to bull rush it off the edge?

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 3
@ Seward -2 lethal
@ Will
@ Pietro -3 lethal (str surge)
@ Roran -3 lethal (bull strength)
@ Telos

! Gibbering Mouther -35 lethal

Seward, Will and Pietro may act!

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/4 | Bardic Performance 16/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism

I didn't post yesterday because I wanted to see the results the presumed bullrush. If it is possible I would have prefered to move up, jump over behind Roran (I can't fail a 10' jump), and have taken a single shot last round. If that isn't possible, I'll take the same movement this round, but only a single shot.

Will wants to maintain something for later combats and ceases his current performance. He then takes his shot(s) on the monster.

Two higher if I made the movement this round, since it wouldn't be a rapid shot.
Shot1, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 17damage,IPBS: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11

If I could have made the movement last round:
Shot2, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 10damage,IPBS: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Ah, perfect! Now we can move around some.

The halfling pushes past Pietro, who barely notices and up behind Roran before launching into a chant of brief, draconic spell words while individually weaving three arcane darts in the air in front of him.

[move]20'
[standard] Cast magic missile

Force damage, missile 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Force damage, missile 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Force damage, missile 3: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge

Pietro hunkers down into a three-point stance not seeing Telos until he is already under way.

"I'M COMING THROUGH!!!" shouts Pietro.

unimproved bull rush vs Telos(?!?) (Str Surge): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17

Momentum happens.

But not enough to do more than squish the halfling into Roran's rear a bit.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward wheels around to get a better shot.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Yep, that's perfectly okay, Will! I will discount my botting for that then!

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Right as Telos cast's his spell, he feels the heavy hands of Pietro come out of nowhere and squish him up against the paladin's colder armor.

The creature, not giving up, slaps Roran.
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d4 ⇒ 4
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d4 ⇒ 1
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 231d4 ⇒ 4
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 91d4 ⇒ 2
Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 231d4 ⇒ 3

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 4
@ Seward -2 lethal
@ Will - may act twice
@ Pietro -3 lethal (str surge)
@ Roran -3 lethal (bull strength) - may act twice
@ Telos
! Gibbering Mouther -45 lethal
Everyone may act!

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/4 | Bardic Performance 16/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Will continues shooting it,” stop slapping our paladin!

two rounds of shots

Rapid Shot, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 22damage,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12
Rapid Shot, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 25damage,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Rapid Shot, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 10damage,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12
Rapid Shot, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 15damage,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 52/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

First Round

power attack
+1 longsword: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 2 = 211d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 = 13

Second Round
power attack
+1 longsword: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 = 231d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 = 14

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Fine! I'll just stand back here then!

Telos complains at Pietro, as he retreats a bit before starting his next incantation. His electrical ball manifests over the creature and drops

[move] 10' W
[standard] Cast electrical sphere, place directly on creature, duration: 6 rounds

Electricity damage, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 3) = 13

Electrical sphere, 5 rounds left after this round

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Between Wills sharpshooting, and Rorans hard blows, the creature falls and stops babbling.

Team Status wrote:

@ Seward -2 lethal
@ Will
@ Pietro -3 lethal
@ Roran -3 lethal (bull strength)
@ Telos

The curious bard moves down towards the water where he saw the longsword, out of the corner of his eye. Investigating further, as he pick up the weapon, can spot the detachable pommel, which reveals a small hollow in the hilt. Inside the hollow is a badly weathered but still functional scroll of hold monster.

Moving further through the dungeon, you make your way past the deepsea exhibit. A corridor stretches west, and you can see two closed doors in the distance.

The helmet whispers ominously, but just loud enough to hear, "We are getting close."

Map updated. Which way?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Then I'll assume the flaming sphere wasn't needed, not casted.

Close to what, little budy?

Telos looks back up at the group.

Hey guys, the little helmet is getting jumpy. I think we're about to find the big trouble on this floor. Let's try this door on the left first?

Telos moves towards that door, and barring any objection, opens it.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 52/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"To be honest. We have been finding trouble everywhere we go in this labyrinth." Roran says following Telos towards the next door.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward will nod silently and and follow Roran

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/4 | Bardic Performance 16/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Will gulps,” The master you say, well, maybe we should have reinforcements!

As he says this four copies of Will appear.

mirror image: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

As the sorcerer opens the door, the purple desert shrubs and a small oasis adorn this sandy valley, which is bordered on all sides by impossibly tall barriers of solid sand. The crimson sky above shows the sun at its highest point, and the valley’s intense heat creates a rippling haze in the distance. Running from north to south, a large dune makes up the floor of
the valley, sloping gradually downward toward a narrow passage through the eastern wall.

At this point, your eyes have become more adjusted to the illusions of the Old Azlanti wizard. Four giant scorpions dwell in this room, meandering about and examining the illusory shrubbery decorating the chamber. They haven’t been fed since their stasis ended, and attack quickly turn to attack as the door opens.

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Scorp: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

Luckily, you are faster than them.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 1/b]
[b]@ Seward
-2 lethal
@ Will (mirror image 4)
@ Pietro -3 lethal
@ Roran -3 lethal (bull strength)
@ Telos

! Scorpions (red, purple, blue, green)

Everyone may act!

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/4 | Bardic Performance 16/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Will shoots through Telos, assuming these are not the master.
Knowledge nature 21,
Rapid Shot, Cover, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 18damage,IC,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Rapid Shot, Cover, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 25damage,IC,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Confirm, Rapid Shot, Cover, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 6crit additional damage,IC,PBS: 2d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 10 + 2 = 15

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Well then, nice little petting zoo they have here. Ahem

With that the halfling drops another electrical sphere on a nearby scorpion and backs away.

[Standard] Cast Electrical Sphere, placed in the NE corner of PURPLE's space; duration 6 rounds
[5' step] N

Electricity damage, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) = 10

Electrical sphere, 5 rounds left after this round

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 52/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Would Roran still have bull's strength active

Roran moves into the room, leaving some space for Pietro to come in this time.

He then slashes at orange.

Bull's Strength+Power Attack
+1 longsword: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 121d8 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 4 = 17

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward wheels forward and fires at the scorpion directly ahead.

Longbow Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 221d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Between the powerful blow of Roran, and the accurate shots from both Will and Seward, orange fall down dead on the ground. Telos's spell, causes the little hairs on the creature to stand tall, making it look more frightening that it already was.
Ref: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

The rest of the scorpions, move to surround the paladin!
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The last one moves grappling at the wall, to try and maneuver it's way around, to bite at Seward. ...which still provokes from Roran!
Climb: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

...confirm? Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
As the creatures powerful sting pierces the armor of Roran and Seward, they feel a tough poison seep into them.

Seward! Please make a DC 17 Fort, or take 1d2 ⇒ 1 STR damage!
Roran! Please make a DC 17 Fort, or take 1d2 ⇒ 1 STR damage!

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 2
@ Seward -11 lethal - POISONED
@ Will (mirror image 4)
@ Pietro -3 lethal - MAY ACT TWICE
@ Roran -21 lethal (bull strength) - POISONED
@ Telos

! Scorpions (red, purple -10, blue, green)
Everyone may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Telos edges into the room and backs into the corner.

Seeing that his originally targeted scorpion hasn't moved, he leaves the electrical sphere where it is.

Electricity damage to PURPLE, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 5) = 9

He raises his left hand and fires off an elemental ray between Seward and Roran at the far scorpion.

Heads up!

elemental ray attack vs BLUE (precise shot), electricity damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

[move] 15'
[standard] elemental ray
Electrical sphere, 4 rounds left after this round

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/4 | Bardic Performance 16/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Will continues firing through the cover," Bad scorpions!" before he remembers its helpless to argue with mindless vermin.

Rapid Shot, cover, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 18damage,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8

Rapid Shot, cover, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 16damage,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 52/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Roran is able to shake off the poison effects. He quickly strikes out at one going after Seward.

Bull's Strenght+power attack
AOO +1 lonsword: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 301d8 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 + 4 = 15
crit: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 271d8 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 4 = 16

He then turns back around and strikes at blue.

AOO: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 271d8 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 4 = 18

"Pietro, I could use some healing, if your not too busy"


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Pietro will heal the party with one action, then move in to finish off blue, right as Seward steps back to let him through.

Channel Energy: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2) = 11 - in a position only heal allies.
Morningstar; 2H: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 271d8 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12

Shoot: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 261d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Shoot: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 251d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Working very well as a team, the party is able to kill all of the scorpions in their next assault.

Roran chops green in half, and then lands a good strike on blue. Telos's ray, and Pietro's swing are enough to finish the poor creature off. The ball of electricity, as well as some well times arrows from the archers in the back finish off the last remaining scorpion, purple.

Party Conditions wrote:


@ Seward - please make 2 fort saves, poisoned!
@ Will (mirror image 4)
@ Pietro - on 4/5 channels left
@ Roran -10 lethal (bull strength)
@ Telos

The helmut, makes a short comment. "Did you know, the oasis in this room was drawn from an actual oasis in the heart of the Thuvian desert by the master over an aeon ago." After some silence, it suggests, "Perhaps my timing is a little off. What date is it now?"

The water in the room is unnaturally cold to the touch and crystal clear.

DC 17 Perception:
While looking at the oasis, you notice wedged in the sandy floor is a wand of calm emotions (23 charges).

Where to next team? @Seward, please make me the fort save for the poison, if you fail, roll again until you beat 17!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 52/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran will put away his sword just long enough to do so healing.

LOH: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

He draws his sword once more and heads back to the end of the hallway, "Let's check this first before continuing through the scorpion room"

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/4 | Bardic Performance 16/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism

take 10 on perception for 21

Will points out what he finds, " Hey guys, a magic stick in the sand. Lets grab it and keep going, my reinforcements won't last and we have a master to find!

It looks like a few rounds of combat and healing and searching this room. Maybe 1 minute?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Telos listens intently to the helmet before replying.

Wow, does the master build many life-sized dioramas this way?

He then turns to Will. Sure, should we try the other door before moving on?

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/4 | Bardic Performance 16/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Will agrees,” we should see if the master that helmet is so excited about is within .”

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Telos moves to the door and checks for traps...

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

He tries a Detect Magic scan on it too, to check for possible auras of magical traps. Finally, per usual, he consults the helmet.

What do you think, little buddy? Am I missing something here? Also, how do you like "little buddy"? See, the thing is, this is the only time I've been able to use that nickname on someone else. So get used to it!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 52/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"Soon that thing will be telling you that Timothy fell into a well" Roran says sarcastically.

I think being around some of these pranksters are loosening this Paladin's morals. Hopefully you all don't cost him an atonement later.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Things are going swimmingly Seward nods approving of the idea of dropping people in wells.

He takes a piece of charcoal and draws a mustache on the "master" in the drawings.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The helmet rolls over on Telos's shoulder, "Who is Timothy?"

The team opens the room behind them.

This bare stone room contains four beds, a work table, and a small shelf of ancient books. Dominating the north side of the room is a massive mechanical apparatus. Its main feature, a single stone block the size of a horse, hangs fifteen feet above a carpet of shattered bones, rock dust, and other debris. A chain as thick as a human thigh runs up from the block into a small, dark cavity in the ceiling. Two short stone ledges situated on either side of the stone block form a shallow container for whatever happens to get crushed beneath the smashing device. Flush against the device is a large wooden wheel with numerous pegs. The wheel is attached to a crank fitted to a chain that runs parallel to the one attached to the stone block.

"Strange, where would master be?"

Give me some perception checks please. Anyone want to do anything in this room?

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 50/50 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +6 CMD 20 | F +7 R +13 W +8 | Init +6 | Perc +14 SM +17 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/4 | Bardic Performance 16/17 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Will looks at the helmet," What exactly does the master enjoy? a device to raise a block up and drop it on things crushing them is not making me think happy thoughts..."

Will looks over the contraption.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Yes, Detect Magic scans of the apparatus, table, and beds just for good measure.

Telos takes a wide arc around the imposing crusher as he looks over the room. He answers the helmet with a question.

Why would you expect him to be here?

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

"This room served two purposes. The crushing mechanism in this room worked as a stamping mill for pulverizing soft stone to use in mortar, grain for menagerie feed, and bones into bone meal. The room also served as a sleeping quarters for Master - but it looks like he hasn't been here since I was put to sleep..." The helmet, seems saddened by this fact.

Scanning the room, Will cautions the rest of the group not to enter, as he points out a trap. Above the stamping mill in this room, the chain to take control of the huge stone block is unnaturally still. This might be a deathtrap ooze in the form of a falling block trap.

The worktable in this room is covered in various tools and devices that Nhur Athemon’s assistants used when they worked in the menagerie. Though most of these are worn with use and not particularly valuable, anyone searching the table finds a set of masterwork thieves’ tools, a masterwork dagger, and an ornate hourglass the size of a fist. The hourglass is filled with particles of sapphire dust instead of sand, and its golden stand is etched with Azlanti runes.

What do you do?

1,301 to 1,350 of 1,497 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.