GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,350 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

" Looks like it'd make a fine roast, since pancakes will have to wait until tomorrow. I could put an arrow through it." Will suggests.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos dismisses his flaming sphere and looks up at the owl.

If somebody is feeling particularly nimble, and could grab it, I could make them invisible to provide an advantage.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

I will need some actual dice rolls, guys! :)

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

I'll just roast it in mid air.

The halfling throws up his zapping hand and fires a ray at the bird.

elemental ray attack vs. owl touch AC, electricity damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"NITWIT! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PLUCK IT FIRST AND THEN COOK IT!"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

It's faiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. After a good zap, the feathers just fall off!

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Will quickly tries to catch the falling bird, which at this point is hopefully only momentarily stunned and still edible if roasted.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The magic projectile ends up being to fast for the small bird to evade. It falls, into Wills arms, and he can smell the flesh cooking.

An amulet set with a large, beetle-shaped ruby can be seen around it's neck. This amulet acts as a golembane scarab when worn around the neck. Once the amulet is removed from the owl, the room’s illusions fade, revealing the plain stone ceiling above and rough stalagmites in place of the dead trees below.

Which direction?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:

The magic projectile ends up being to fast for the small bird to evade. It falls, into Wills arms, and he can smell the flesh cooking.

Once the amulet is removed from the owl, the room’s illusions fade, revealing the plain stone ceiling above and rough stalagmites in place of the dead trees below.

"Oh." says Pietro disappointed. He puts the amulet back on the dead turkey to see if things go back the way they were. "It looks so surprised."

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Will laments,” He was a nice magical owl, doing his best to make the world a little nicer. Electrocuted 4719 AR, eaten with pancakes and syrup shortly later.

that is pretty cool

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

"To the left, The Deapsea, to the right, The Canyon. Please refrain from hurting the exhibits." The small helmet on the sorcerers shoulder warns the group.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Right...right exhibits....No touchy Seward looks around and sort of shrugs.

Maybe we should look to the right?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro bangs his hooked morningstar on the talking helmet a couple of times. "Maybe you could tell us a bit more about the exhibits first, aye? You know, like what we might be seeing, and like how endangered these rare pop-eyed, necklace-wearing pheasants are, and such. So far as a guide you've been as useless as paint to a blind man."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos gives the helmet on his shoulder a sideways glance.

But... it was coming right for us! Oh... nevermind. Yeah, let's try the right.

He follows Seward.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Seward Sodalug wrote:
Maybe we should look to the right?

"WHAT!? AFTER WHAT THOSE SPINELESS, SELF-DEALING HYPOCRITES HAVE DONE IN PARLIAMENT!?" Pietro shouts indignantly before realizing Seward wasn't referring to politics.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

As you make your way onto the ledge, you are greatfull that you did not enter this way. The 40ft drop to the bottom would have made for a hard landing.

The archway of this chamber’s entrance is curtained with black chains and metal rings, from which hang the hands of many species — animal paws, humanoid hands, and skeletal fists. Within this room stretches a sun-drenched, dusty canyon. Layers of reddish rock create small plateaus that rise up in graduated ledges against the walls of the room, which appear to be impossibly high canyon walls. Tall pillars of orange stone rise up from the parched earth, all seemingly randomly dispersed throughout the barren landscape. One of these hoodoos soars well above the rest, easily rising thirty feet into the sky above. A fissure in the walls opens up to the northeast, revealing a night sky full of stars in the distance.

The dismembered hands that adorn the chains of the curtain here have been noticeably savaged by the elements, and are covered in dust and weathered to the bone.

Six small gremlin creatures call this place home, and as you walk in, they show their teeth and begin attacking!

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Vexgit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Pugwumpi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Knowledge checks, for those interested in these very basic creatures, are Kn. Nature for both species. What would you like to know about them?

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 1
Aura of Unluck! - every time you roll a D20, you must make two rolls and take the lower, of the two generated results!

@ Seward
@ Telos
@ Will
@ Pietro
@ Roran

! Vexgit (purple, orange)
! Pugwumpi (yellow, red, green, blue)

Everyone may act!

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Will spots them, moves to get a better shot, and brgins an inspiring oration.” Helmet, those things look like they want to eat us, we have no choice...

take 10 (loremaster) for 21 nature, special attacks then defense in that order.
Std; inspire courage, +2 competence to attack and damage

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos moves into the room and targets the nearest "thing." He glances at the helmet on his shoulder.

Look away, little fella. We're definitely going to do some damage here...

[move] 15'
[standard] Cast magic missile

Force damage, missile 1 vs. RED: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Force damage, missile 2 vs. RED: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Force damage, missile 3 vs. RED: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro bangs on the helmet again. "HELMET, WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS?"

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran jumps down the ledges and readies a swing.

power attack + IC
readied strike: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 28
readied strike: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 14

damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 + 2 = 12

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward does a side step and fires a pair of arrows at the red one

Longbow Rapid Show Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 181d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Longbow Rapid Show Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 171d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

I suspect these are Evil Outsiders? If so +2 to hit and damage.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The helmet eagerly responds to the asked question, "These inhabitants of The Gaunlet are gremlins. It is unclear why Master had so many weak creatures around. They are, however, exotic creatures native to dry hills or warm mountain climes."

Will is able to help the party, by explaining that these creatures are very good at sabotage able to use their skills to disable all sorts of mechanisms and break things. Both the gremlin species have primitive spell resistance.

Seward, aura rerolls: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Telos, sr: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

The ranger knocks his arrows, and shoots straight through two creatures, knocking them unconscious. The magic missiles from the sorcerer are able to take out one of the larger gremlins.

One of the smaller pugwumpis rushes up to Roran and tries to tumble the pillar next to him, but he cuts through the creature like butter.

The other two creatures take out little bows and fire at the group.
Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3
Bow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 / both at Roran

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 2
Aura of Unluck! - every time you roll a D20, you must make two rolls and take the lower, of the two generated results!

@ Seward
@ Telos
@ Will
@ Pietro - May act twice!
@ Roran

! Vexgit (purple, orange)
! Pugwumpi (yellow, red, green, blue)
Everyone may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Hmm, that worked well enough. Simple pests.

He casually invokes another invocation to dispatch the next demonic nuisance.

[standard] Cast magic missile

Force damage, missile 1 vs. BLUE: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Force damage, missile 2 vs. BLUE: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Force damage, missile 3 vs. BLUE: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

The below action assumes that the enemies crossed out are down and not valid targets, despite being on the map still. Otherwise Will would rapid shot from where he is at, since he wouldn't have cover to them.
Will moves to avoid cover, charges his bow with arcane power and fires into the blue pest.

Bow, IC, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 17Bow, IC, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 28damage,IC,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 9

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

With a final spell, and some good aiming with a bow, the last two creatures are defeated.

The unusually large hoodoo in the southwestern quadrant of this chamber is notable not only for its size, but also for its clearly unusual mineral composition.

DC 20, Nature or Prof. Mining:
Yo ucan tell with a brief inspection that some of the layers of the large hoodoo contain mithral ore. Extraction of the mithral ore takes 1d6 hours of strenuous labor and yields 4 pounds of the ore (worth 2,000 gp).

The helmet comments on your success, "You are very powerful. Are you the new apprentices of the Master?"

Let me know when you want to move onto the next room please.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos thinks about the question for a moment, and recalls their earlier answer to a sentry on the previous floor.

Yes, I think we are, though it seems like "the master" chose us.

Ready to move on.

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Will comments,” There is a unique ore here, quite valuable. What can you tell us of the former master?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The helmet remains quiet for a moment, is if it is capable of some sort of complex though. "I...I cannot remember much about Master. It has been … decades. He was...interested in the life force..."

Moving along, the next room a tunnel of salty air is the only dry space in this room. Surrounding the tunnel on both sides and above is a massive body of clear blue water, magically suspended and prevented from collapsing upon the passage by some invisible force. Hills of coral over the sea floor, bristling with all manner of plants, tiny darting fish, and anemones. The tunnel leading through this watery chamber bends and forks throughout the room, leading to wooden doorways positioned on the east, west, and south.

A few creatures dwell among the illusory coral reefs in this chamber. Bored and angry at their imprisonment, they lash out at the group.

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Adaro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Sea Cucumber: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Some of the coral shifts forward, and you realise that it might not be coral.

Knowledge checks, Kn Local for the humanoid creatures, and Kn Dungeoneering for the giant coral.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 1

! Sea Anemone

@ Seward
@ Telos
@ Will
@ Pietro
@ Roran

! Adaro (red, blue, green)

Everyone may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"THAT MIGHT NOT BE CORAL!" shouts Pietro in his indoor roar.

The cleric pounds his fist upon the helmet again and bellows into it's face. "TIN-TOP! WHAT ARE THESE THINGS?"

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Take 10 on both knowledges for 19

Will once again begins a performance and moves into position for a clear shot. Will agrees,” Typically coral movement is in inches per year...

on vacation so I can’t update my sheet for next 5 days, now 1 additional round of performance used

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Wow, this place is just loaded...

elemental ray attack GREEN (inspired), electricity damage: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 261d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7

Telos sighs at the backup along their path. Everybody moving ahead up there?

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward rolls forward and sprays a shot at blue

Longbow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 141d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Telos Downshot wrote:

Wow, this place is just loaded...

Telos sighs at the backup along their path. Everybody moving ahead up there?

I was waiting to see what the bottle cap said first. Plus, being the cleric I should probably stay closer to the center of the party. Other folks can pass me if they like. Our opponents probably don't get any AoOs until they get their first actual turn.

readied attack with +1 morningstar v the first thing that attacks them that he can reach (power attack): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Roran readies his attack, incase they get close.
Longsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 171d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Seward missies with his bow, the water slowing down his arrow enough to let the creature avoid the attack. The rest of the party are more lucky, as their attacks land dealign some damage to the creatures.

The creatures move with the spears, to strike at the party.
Spear: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 / Roran
Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 / Roran
Spear: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 151d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 / Seward
Spear: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 231d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 / Pietro

Pietro get's a small cut from the weapon, and he feels his muscles convulse. Please give me a DC 15 fort, Pietro, or become paralysed.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 2
! Sea Anemone
! Adaro (red, blue -15, green -15)

@ Seward
@ Telos
@ Will
@ Pietro -6 lethal, fort vs paralysis!
@ Roran

Everyone may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"Uuu, guysh? GUYSH!"

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Will maintains his performance as he fires two arrows into enemies.

still waiting on knowledge checks

Rapid Shot, IC, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 21damage,IC,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 12
Rapid Shot, IC, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 16damage,IC,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 12

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran swings at green.

power attack+IC
+1 longsword: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 251d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Assuming those shots take out the two nearest Adaros....

Telos moves through the crowd, further into the room where he can see the sea anemone better.

Would somebody prop up Pietro so he doesn't drool on himself?

[move] 15'
elemental ray attack sea anemone (inspired), electricity damage: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 161d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

If not, he aims the elemental ray at BLUE and doesn't move.


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Seward takes two shots, defensively
Shoot: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 4 = 131d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Shoot: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 4 = 241d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The creatures are adaro - hybrid of human and shark, they have deadly poison which paralyses their targets. Their strengths are heightened in water. The coral, is a giant sea anemone, who has a few tentacle slams, can swallow hole and a poison which deals dex damage.

As a group, you are able to take out the Adaro harassing your cleric, but one still stands. It lashes out at the ranger, missing his vital origins just, but the poison takes effect. The coral reaches out of the water towards the sorcerer.

Spear: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 281d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 .crit?
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 .miss
Coral, slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 82d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 101d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 .miss
Coral, slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 162d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6) + 3 = 141d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 .miss
...confirm?
Spear: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 92d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 1) + 8 = 17 .aww

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 3
! Sea Anemone
! Adaro (red -15, blue -36, green -34)
@ Seward -1oh lethal DC15 fort vs paralysis!
@ Telos
@ Will
@ Pietro -6 lethal, paralysed
@ Roran
Everyone may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Okay, then it looks like Telos wouldn't have moved last round.

I wonder if these creatures would have a particular vulnerability to lightning...

Okay, two down. It's still crowded so onto the big guy!

The halfling summons an orb of electricity onto the giant sea anemone, before pushing through the crowd to get a closer look while controlling the sphere.

How do you like that big guy. Back! Back!

The little halfling gestures as if managing a circus lion in training.

[standard] Cast electrical sphere, placed on the SW corner of the anemone; Duration: 6 rounds
[move] 15' N
Electricity damage, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 1) = 4 ouch

Electrical sphere, 5 rounds left after this round

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:

The creatures are adaro - hybrid of human and shark, they have deadly poison which paralyses their targets. Their strengths are heightened in water. The coral, is a giant sea anemone, who has a few tentacle slams, can swallow hole and a poison which deals dex damage.

"Yu don't shay." Pietro says through a clenched jaw to the helmet.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran will move up and strike at the large coral monstrosity.

Power attack+IC
+1 longsword: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 141d8 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 + 2 = 15

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Will rapidly shoots again, but ceases his performance to save some for later.

Rapid Shot, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 28damage,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Rapid Shot, PBS, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 20damage,PBS: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Seward does his thing! And makes a fortitude save first.
Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Shoot: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 311d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Shoot: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 121d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Shoot: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 142d6 + 19 ⇒ (3, 3) + 19 = 25

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The bard is able to effectively deliver two arrows into the final Adaro. The rest of the team do a wonderful job at finishing off the lumbering sea anemone, causing little to no trouble for the group.

The giant sea anemone holds the key to the chamber’s illusions. Upon the anemone’s death, the illusory coral hills and other underwater features disappear. The rest of the room—including the suspended water and tunnel of air—are very much real, though without the powerful illusions, the clear blue water quickly reveals itself to be black and grimy.

Which way next, team?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos looks at the being still on his shoulder.

What do you think lil' guy? East or West?

He ends, pointing towards the door behind Seward, to the East.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"Ugh liddle helph over 'ere firsh guysh." The unmoving Pietro says through his still gritted teeth.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Oh right. Who wants to roll him along with us? Or maybe we wait a minute until his numbness passes. I mean the numbness in his body...

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,350 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.