[RetroCon] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: Legacy of the Stonelords (CORE Tier 10-11) (Inactive)

Game Master Lady Ladile

Maps & Handouts

Aid Token Benefits

Spell & AoE Templates


151 to 200 of 322 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

Ragnar eyes the statues wearily.

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

If he has time to consult his reference books (knowledge skill masterwork tools) then Alonso does just automatically hit the DC25.

Oh, this is very interesting, looks like this place was used by the Vision Unveiled, an old cult of diviners and auguries. These statues are Beasts of Ignorance. No doubt they will activate and try to murder us if we enter. I wonder if they can see invisible people...

Alsonso mutters a quick detect magic spell and peers around for possible traps

Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34
+2 if it involves stonework

If it seems clear he activates a wand of shield floats over towards the altar under his cloak of invisibility.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Map of Jormurdun | Current Location

Current Status:

Entire Party
Message

Alonso
Mage Armor
Overland Flight
Invisibility (as much as possible)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 5, CL 10)

Alvin
Overland Flight
Mage Armor

Riddywhipple
False Life (+15 temp HP)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 4, CL 7)
Mage Armor

Hugsy
Greater Magic Fang
Longstrider
Mage Armor

Fredreka
Longstrider
Deathwatch

Polanco
Longstrider

While Ragnar eyes the statue from a safe distance, Alonso swiftly divines the nature of this small chamber and the old cult that once made use of it. While he carefully peers around the lower parts of the room and platform, Fredreka can see with her magic eyes that the only living creatures within the small chamber are herself and the rest of the party - no undead and no constructs, thankfully.

After determining that there don't appear to be any other traps or visible hazards in the immediate vicinity, Alonso slowly begins floating towards the altar. Drawing closer to the altar he can see there are two skull mouths carved in its base on the left and right sides and it occurs to him that these skull mouths are positioned directly above the narrow, twisted channel carved into the floor.

Now that he's able to better observe the altar, Alonso can also see a knife made of silver and colored tiles fixed into the stone surface, dingy with age - 16 in total.

Kn. Arcana *or* Religion (DC 20):

You understand that these tiles are a divination aid akin to oracle bones, harrow cards, or a spirit planchette. You also realize that different configurations of the tiles often have special significance.

Tile Configuration

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Alonso studies the pattern on the altar and the knife. Looks like this is a bunch of augury stuff, Ive never had much truck messing about with divination, 'specially not the divine sort. You tend to get nothing but vague warnings that only make sense after the event and then your average diviner claims to have predicted it all along. Hogwash I say, bunch of bloody charlatans. This knife might make a useful letter opener he says picking it up off the altar.

Divination is one of Alonso's opposition school, he doesnt have much time for them.

Silver Crusade

Female CG Halfling (Shackles) Cleric of Desna (Travel/Liberation) 10 Halfling | HP: 94/94 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +14 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +11 Cleric | Speed 40ft | Channel: 5d6 7/8 DC 19 | Active conditions: Longstrider (10 hours), Deathwatch (100 minutes)

Have run this, will sit out puzzle.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Map of Jormurdun | Current Location

Current Status:

Entire Party
Message

Alonso
Mage Armor
Overland Flight
Invisibility (as much as possible)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 5, CL 10)

Alvin
Overland Flight
Mage Armor

Riddywhipple
False Life (+15 temp HP)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 4, CL 7)
Mage Armor

Hugsy
Greater Magic Fang
Longstrider
Mage Armor

Fredreka
Longstrider
Deathwatch

Polanco
Longstrider

Although Alonso does study the knife and the tile pattern he does so with a rather dismissive air, finding the tools of divination largely a pointless waste of time. Still, the dwarf's keen mind can't help but notice what seems to be some sort of pattern or message hidden within the tile configuration that leads him to have a peek underneath the altar...and the discovery of a stash of supplies hidden within a secret compartment at the base!

The strange little divination chamber seems to be devoid of anything else of interest besides the hidden supplies, though Alonso now has a sweet silver knife for his trouble and the Pathfinder Expedition now has some extra supplies to help with the explorations of Jormurdun.

As you make your way back out of the divination chamber you notice more and more Pathfinder agents moving about the district. Although you've not gotten any sort of word like you did back in the Temple District it looks as though it might be worthwhile to make the journey to one of the two remaining districts that you haven't visited yet - the Armorer's District or the Miner's District.
______________

Where to next?

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

"Let's go see what kind of weapons and armor they made back then."

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Soinds like a plan lad


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Pathfinders have claimed the Armorer's District! (this does not open any new areas)

Dark Archive

Gnome Illusionist (CORE) 11 | HP 127/112 | AC 16* | T 12 | FF 15* | CMD 14 | F +10 | R +7 | W +10 | +2 vs. illusion, +2 vs. death effects, +1 vs. curse effects | Init +7 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +0 | Blinding Ray 10/11 | Invisibility Field 10/11 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: False Life (15 hp), Mage Armor(*), Overland Flight

"Agreed. Dwarven armaments are usually quite impressive anyway... if a bit heavy."

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Or, you know, we could go to the Miners Distrcit


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Pathfinders have claimed the Seer's District, and discovered the Monument District!

Scarab Sages

Male Human Pala 5/SD 6 | AC 30(31) | T 16 | FF 27 (IUD) | HP: 71/97 | CMD 29 | Fort +14 | Ref +12 (eva) | Will +13 | Immune Dis, Fear;(+3 Saves/AC vs undead/constructs) | Init +2 | Perception +11 (Darkv)
Active Spells:
Haste
LoH 4/4 | Smite Evil 1/2 | SJ 80/80 | Def Roll 1/1

"Mining is key to working a forge to create weapons. I would favor the mines if we have secured the weaponry. I am not sure what value a Monument would bring, friends, but we could vanguard the approach to it with a greatness!" Sir Godfrey is somewhat impartial, mines seem more useful, but the Monuments appear to be unexplored.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Map of Jormurdun | Current Location

Current Status:

Entire Party
Message

Alonso
Mage Armor
Overland Flight
Invisibility (as much as possible)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 5, CL 10)

Alvin
Overland Flight
Mage Armor

Riddywhipple
False Life (+15 temp HP)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 4, CL 7)
Mage Armor

Hugsy
Greater Magic Fang
Longstrider
Mage Armor

Fredreka
Longstrider
Deathwatch

Polanco
Longstrider

With news quickly arriving of the Armorer's District finally being locked down and secured and the Monument District being discovered, the group is left with the option of heading to either the Mines or going to scope out the Monuments. Sir Godfrey offers some helpful pros and cons for each and so after a short debate the group decides to head to the Monument District first and see if their assistance is required before possibly heading down to the Mines.

Pressing onward the group approaches the Monument District from the east, passing through an area of tumbled columns and broken statuary of martial dwarves. Continuing forward you come to a large pair of iron doors that lead towards the west. Looking around, you also spot another set of iron doors leading away to the south, situated between statues of recumbent hounds. Unlike the doors leading to the west, these doors bear no handles - nor does there appear to be any sort of visible lock upon them.
______________

The doors that lead west do have handles, but are quite heavy. Please make a DC 15 Strength check to open them.

Scarab Sages

Fredreka scans the room with Deathwatch.

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

It might take a few moments but Ragnar has Hugsy push on the door. Possibly aided by Sir Godfrey.

Strength 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Strength 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"Good job Hugsy."


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Map of Jormurdun | Current Location

Current Status:

Entire Party
Message

Alonso
Mage Armor
Overland Flight
Invisibility (as much as possible)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 5, CL 10)

Alvin
Overland Flight
Mage Armor

Riddywhipple
False Life (+15 temp HP)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 4, CL 7)
Mage Armor

Hugsy
Greater Magic Fang
Longstrider
Mage Armor

Fredreka
Longstrider
Deathwatch

Polanco
Longstrider

Fredreka continues her vigilant look-out for sneaky statues and constructs but this outer hallway shows no indication of any other creatures besides herself and the rest of the group. Meanwhile it takes a little bit of effort on Hugsy's part but the snake finally able to push open the great double doors to the west, flinging them open. Beyond the iron doors is a magnificent chamber, the stone polished to a mirror-like sheen even after the passage of centuries. Pillars support the ceiling 20 feet overhead, and a pair of recumbent hounds flank a walkway to a raised platform. On the platform is a statue of a strange figure carved in black stone, its toad-like body crowned by a bloated head, tentacles writhing from its torso. The walls bear bas relief carvings of dwarves tunneling from below the earth, toward an idyllic, sunlit scene.

Kn. History (DC 10):

The wall carvings are illustrations depicting the dwarves’ Quest for Sky.

Kn. History *or* Religion (DC 20):

The statue on the platform depicts The Dweller Below, a malignant bogeyman representing the evil found in the Darklands from whence dwarves came.

As she peers into this new chamber, Fredreka's Deathwatch spell still doesn't turn up any other creatures besides herself and her companions.

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Alonso peers into the room. Oh look, its the Dweller Below, I'm beginning to think me folk who lived here were more than a bit affected by their journey to the surface. You can see it carved here on the walls. I wonder if these statues are gonna animate and try and kill us? he suggests as he flies, invisibly, towards the statue of the Dweller to have a closer look at it and the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (12) + 24 = 36
+2 for unusual stonework

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

"Aren't most dwarves dweller belows?"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Cleric of Cayden Cailean 1 HP: 75/75 | AC 27 T:13 F: 25 CMD 24| F +12 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs Poison and Spells) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, Per +13 (+2 to notice unusual stonework) SM +2

No silly - we mostly live ON mountains now not under them ! Thats what the whole Quest for the Sky was all about! [/b)

Polanco draws his weapon and approaches one of the statues [B] Caution is for people who arent on their second growler fer the day lad!

Silver Crusade

Female CG Halfling (Shackles) Cleric of Desna (Travel/Liberation) 10 Halfling | HP: 94/94 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +14 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +11 Cleric | Speed 40ft | Channel: 5d6 7/8 DC 19 | Active conditions: Longstrider (10 hours), Deathwatch (100 minutes)

Watch out for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Map of Jormurdun | Current Location

Current Status:

Entire Party
Message

Alonso
Mage Armor
Overland Flight
Invisibility (as much as possible)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 5, CL 10)

Alvin
Overland Flight
Mage Armor

Riddywhipple
False Life (+15 temp HP)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 4, CL 7)
Mage Armor

Hugsy
Greater Magic Fang
Longstrider
Mage Armor

Fredreka
Longstrider
Deathwatch

Polanco
Longstrider

Alonso:

As you look around the chamber more thoroughly, you suddenly realize the the pair of recumbent hound statues harbor a trap - anyone passing between them will be subject to their snapping jaws. While it looks like it shouldn't be too difficult to disable (Disable Device DC 20) it would also be easy enough to just walk around the statues and avoid setting off the trap.

Alonso & Fredreka:

The eye sockets on the statue of the Dweller Below look like they once held gems, and it has what looks like an axe wound carved into its head. You also notice two bronze axes, aged to a verdigris green, behind the statue - and it looks as though the blade of one of the axes would fit perfectly into the ‘wound’ on the statue’s head.

While Alonso and Fredreka move into the room and have a better look around, Polanco hefts his TAIR BOOT YAY and cautiously approaches one of the hound statues. Both it and its twin have clearly seen better days, their bodies tarnished and worn with age. Still, they look quite imposing as they stand and gaze with silent, unblinking eyes, as though keeping watch.
______________

Adjusted a few tokens on the map in accordance with your posted movements.

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Alonso quietly murmurs to Polanco, I wold'na go any further lad, you step bbetween yon hounds and they are liable to take a chunk out of you.

He then tries to heft the blade that looks like it fits into the wound and tries to lever it in place.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Cleric of Cayden Cailean 1 HP: 75/75 | AC 27 T:13 F: 25 CMD 24| F +12 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs Poison and Spells) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, Per +13 (+2 to notice unusual stonework) SM +2

Polanco defiantly laughs and simply walks around the dog statue.

Victory!


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Map of Jormurdun | Current Location

Current Status:

Entire Party
Message

Alonso
Mage Armor
Overland Flight
Invisibility (as much as possible)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 5, CL 10)

Alvin
Overland Flight
Mage Armor

Riddywhipple
False Life (+15 temp HP)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 4, CL 7)
Mage Armor

Hugsy
Greater Magic Fang
Longstrider
Mage Armor

Fredreka
Longstrider
Deathwatch

Polanco
Longstrider

As Polanco merrily skips around the hound statue Alonso hefts an aged bronze axe that was sitting behind the Dweller statue and and slots it into what appears to be a 'wound' on the statue's head. When he does, an audible *click* can be heard from the set of doors leading away to the south - the doors that had no visible means of opening them.

With the way now unlocked, it appears that you'll be able to press further into the Monument District!
______________

Success! I'm going to keep rolling you guys forward so another post incoming, please stand by~


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Map of Jormurdun | Current Location

Current Status:

Entire Party
Message

Alonso
Mage Armor
Overland Flight
Invisibility (as much as possible)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 5, CL 10)

Alvin
Overland Flight
Mage Armor

Riddywhipple
False Life (+15 temp HP)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 4, CL 7)
Mage Armor

Hugsy
Greater Magic Fang
Longstrider
Mage Armor

Fredreka
Longstrider
Deathwatch

Polanco
Longstrider

Pressing further into the Monument District it soon becomes apparent that the westmost portions of the district are even more damaged than other parts of Jormurdun. Sensing that you’re getting close to something big, you press onward and into a great hall. Once awe-inspiring with grand statues and an impressive vaulted ceiling 40 feet overhead, the hall is now a ruin. Most of the statues are badly cracked or broken into fragments, with stone and metal littering the floor, though a few scarred specimens still stand defiantly. Most striking are the two pairs of giant statues that frame the entrances to the hall: dwarven brothers whose now broken arms must have once clasped hand to form archways. All of the surviving statuary bears crude graffiti and profane script written in blood. Blood is smeared on the floors as well, crimson footprints and drag marks crisscrossing stone tiles.

Abyssal *or* Linguistics (DC 15):

The graffiti looks fresh and translates as “Kneel before Yealek-Vor, King of Jormurdun.”

______________

Note: Due to all of the rubble lying around, all of these squares are Difficult Terrain.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Pala 5/SD 6 | AC 30(31) | T 16 | FF 27 (IUD) | HP: 71/97 | CMD 29 | Fort +14 | Ref +12 (eva) | Will +13 | Immune Dis, Fear;(+3 Saves/AC vs undead/constructs) | Init +2 | Perception +11 (Darkv)
Active Spells:
Haste
LoH 4/4 | Smite Evil 1/2 | SJ 80/80 | Def Roll 1/1

Sir Godfrey considers the ruined room and leans forward through the entryway to peer into the corners or either side before stepping within. "Well, a sad setting with all of these ruined relics and stony forms! But we haven't time to sit here studying. We shall leave it for those following us as we continue to seek out villainous heads to bash! We have seen many creepy statues, now we must find their cause!" And stop them from making weird tentacle head symbols.

He starts marching through the room with his shadow at his side, searching absently for anything dangerous.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

linguistics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

"Hmm. Can chickens write? Did the dwarvs keep really smart chickens?"

Dark Archive

Gnome Illusionist (CORE) 11 | HP 127/112 | AC 16* | T 12 | FF 15* | CMD 14 | F +10 | R +7 | W +10 | +2 vs. illusion, +2 vs. death effects, +1 vs. curse effects | Init +7 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +0 | Blinding Ray 10/11 | Invisibility Field 10/11 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: False Life (15 hp), Mage Armor(*), Overland Flight

Alvin chuckles at the comment. "It's just Abyssal. It says 'Kneel before Yealek-Vor, King of Jormurdun.'"

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

"Could be dogma, Could be a clue."

Ragnar will start looking for traps.

perception: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 16 + 2 = 36

"Any magic around other then us?"


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Map of Jormurdun | Current Location

Current Status:

Entire Party
Message

Alonso
Mage Armor
Overland Flight
Invisibility (as much as possible)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 5, CL 10)

Alvin
Overland Flight
Mage Armor

Riddywhipple
False Life (+15 temp HP)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 4, CL 7)
Mage Armor

Hugsy
Greater Magic Fang
Longstrider
Mage Armor

Fredreka
Longstrider
Deathwatch

Polanco
Longstrider

As Alvin shares the meaning of the Abyssal writing, it potentially jogs loose a nugget of information buried in the back of someone's mind...

Kn. Planes (DC 30):

Yealek-Vor is the name of a powerful kalavakus demon who serves Shivaska, a demon lord known as the Chained Maiden.

Feeling bold, the group begins to fan out a little bit and examine their surroundings more in-depth. Ragnar's keen eyes sweep the area; after their previous experiences he's not about to let the group walk into any traps that might be present. Thankfully, there don't seem to be any present and Fredreka's Deathwatch spell doesn't detect any other creatures - living or dead - besides the party. She also doesn't detect any constructs lurking among the statues. Neither Alvin nor Alonso pick up any magical auras in the vicinity either.

Survival (DC 20):

You do notice that across the blood-smeared floor are a variety of footprints; some humanoid (most likely duergar) and others from a wide variety of demons.

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

Survival: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 16 + 2 = 24

"Lotta footprints here. Some from short people, Probably more Duergar. Lots of tracks from things with talons, scales, maybe wings. So either a zoo of predators or more likely demons."


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Pathfinders have claimed the Miner's District!

The Monument District is now the only unclaimed area.

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Alonso takes 10 on Planes and beats the DC30

From somewhere above you Alonso begins another of his famously dull, dry and tedious lectures. Now everyone, pay attention, this might be important later on here. Yealek-Vor is a powerful kalavakus demon in the service of the Chained Maiden. I assume you all know who she is? He dives off into a discussion of the Demon Lord Shivaska, her obsession with clocks and prisons, the nature of her cult, her association with various different types of aberrations and the nature of her abyssal realm...aah, yes, where was I. Oh yes, of course, Kalavakus demons, have any of you ever met such a creature? I assume not or you probably wouldnt be here. Well, let me explain..., there then follows a lengthy diatribe on the habits, ecology and role such creatures have in the Abyss although it includs no inforamtion that might be useful if you were to actually meet one of them.

I assume all of that is perfectly clear. Questions?

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

"Where is it and how do we kill it?"

Ragnar starts looking around for where the tracks lead.

survival: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 16 + 2 + 5 = 29

Silver Crusade

Female CG Halfling (Shackles) Cleric of Desna (Travel/Liberation) 10 Halfling | HP: 94/94 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +14 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +11 Cleric | Speed 40ft | Channel: 5d6 7/8 DC 19 | Active conditions: Longstrider (10 hours), Deathwatch (100 minutes)

"Any sort of energy resistance that would help?"

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Can we makes a planes check for the features of kalavakus demons? If so here is one.

Alonso sighs, You youngsters lack the enquiring mind that pathfindering demands of us, you are all lets rush off into danger, kill things and loot them of all of their valuables. Archaeology is a painstaking and difficult job requiring careful attention to detail..., he gives every sign of winding up for one of his epic lectures on the fallibility and callowness of the youth of today unless someone shuts him up.

Planes, consult books: 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 22 + 2 = 30

Interested in special attacks, immunities, resistance and DR


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Map of Jormurdun | Current Location

Current Status:

Entire Party
Message

Alonso
Mage Armor
Overland Flight
Invisibility (as much as possible)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 5, CL 10)

Alvin
Overland Flight
Mage Armor

Riddywhipple
False Life (+15 temp HP)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 4, CL 7)
Mage Armor

Hugsy
Greater Magic Fang
Longstrider
Mage Armor

Fredreka
Longstrider
Deathwatch

Polanco
Longstrider

Alonso recalls that kalavakus demons have several powerful attacks at their disposal. They have a powerful charge attack and their horns are numerous, allowing them to more easily disarm their foes. Most frightening of all a kalavakus demon can attempt to enslave the soul of a foe, greatly weakening them. Even worse, if a foe whose soul is enslaved by a kalavakus demon dies at its hands the soul infuses the demon's body, granting them powerful healing benefits.

Powerful Charge, +4 bonus on disarm attempts & Enslave Soul (Su).

Unfortunately, he can't quite recall any other useful information about them at this moment - perhaps one of his companions would know more?

Your result wasn't high enough to get all of your questions so I answered the first one you listed.

Now on alert, Ragnar begins studying the tracks in an attempt to determine where they lead...and then everyone hears the sounds of metal on metal clicking from the west, echoing in the expansive space. At this moment, a lanky demon with sharp fangs and great bat-like wings strolls out from behind pillars at the far end of the chamber, holding several pairs of manacles. A strange mechanical servitor follows closely, a huge serpentine construction resembling a mechanical eel with several paddle-like limbs. The demon draws itself up before you and announces, "I am the Keeper of the Doors. My lord is expecting you and asks that you please put these on before passing through the Clockwork Portal.”

It gives the manacles a shake for emphasis.

Kn. Planes (DC 18):

This is a nabasu demon, birthed directly into the Material Plane from the Abyss to feed upon innocent souls until its’ appetite is sated - only then can it return from whence it came.

For every 5 that your check exceeds the DC, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

Kn. Arcana (DC 22):

The servitor hanging behind the demon is a clockwork leviathan, a type of construct magically brought to life.

For every 5 that your check exceeds the DC, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

Scarab Sages

Remind me abyss-lubber, if I kill ye here and now, are ye dead forever?

I think initiative follows :)

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Planes: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28
Arcana: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28
I generally go special attacks, DR, immunities, resistances, saves until I run out of questions

Interesting, a nabassu demon and a clockwork leviathan construct... whispers Alonso through the message spell.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Cleric of Cayden Cailean 1 HP: 75/75 | AC 27 T:13 F: 25 CMD 24| F +12 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs Poison and Spells) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, Per +13 (+2 to notice unusual stonework) SM +2

Polanco takes the manacles....and slaps them onto the Automaton.

AS IF YE BUCKET O BOLTS!

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

kn planes vs evil outsider: 1d20 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 + 2 = 16

"Don't be foolish. We might be willing to talk to your leader before killing them but we are not putting on chains. Escort us without the chains or we will escort ourselves past your corpses."

Ragnar has Hugsy move into the room while he positions himself near a pillar.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Pala 5/SD 6 | AC 30(31) | T 16 | FF 27 (IUD) | HP: 71/97 | CMD 29 | Fort +14 | Ref +12 (eva) | Will +13 | Immune Dis, Fear;(+3 Saves/AC vs undead/constructs) | Init +2 | Perception +11 (Darkv)
Active Spells:
Haste
LoH 4/4 | Smite Evil 1/2 | SJ 80/80 | Def Roll 1/1

Sir Godfrey gives the creature the old Paladin eye, which he is confident he can guess the results of, and then frowns severely. "Villain, we shall not hand ourselves over to you vile intentions! I shall not be shackled, but I shall gladly strike down your master if he is as terrible as you!" He hefts his sword from his shoulder to a ready stance for emphasis.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

A pair of enormous brass doors blocks the way forward.
Numerous plates are missing from the doors’ surface,
exposing complex clusters of gears, sprockets, springs, and
other confusing clockwork innards. Every second a thousand
gears twist, click, and whir. For all its complexity, the doors
seem to be missing any means of being opened.

GMs, please move your players immediately on to Act 4. Please continue to run F2 until the next announcement.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Kreighton Shaine paces back and forth in front of the doors for a moment as several Pathfinder agents tinker with the doors’ complex machinery. Satisfied, he steps up on a piece of debris to address the crowd.

"Congratulations to those of you who have survived the dangers of our expedition thus far. Some of your fellow Pathfinders managed to interrogate a demon lurking here. This beast reports that the Throne Room is the domain of one Yealek-Vor, who we have surmised is a kalavakus demon-priest of the Chained Maiden, the ‘Horned One’ our duergar spoke of. He reportedly possesses something called a ‘Key of the Sky’ and is attended by many fellow demons. We’ll have quite a fight on our hands. But first we require those among us with the skills to find a way through this clockwork portal. I imagine some finesse could persuade them to open."

As the elf finishes his declaration, one of the Pathfinder agents cries out in alarm as the doors begin clacking wildly and grind a trapsmith’s tools into tiny shards. The portal shudders and begins violently sloughing off gears and scrap metal that animate and begin attacking the crowd.

"Or force," shouts Kreighton Shaine above the din. "Brute
force may be in order!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shield Bash Podcast | Frozen Fingers |

Bumping up to Act 4

Current Map (Slide 13)

Current Status:

Entire Party
Message

Alonso
Mage Armor
Overland Flight
Invisibility (as much as possible)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 5, CL 10)

Alvin
Overland Flight
Mage Armor

Riddywhipple
False Life (+15 temp HP)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 4, CL 7)
Mage Armor

Hugsy
Greater Magic Fang
Longstrider
Mage Armor

Fredreka
Longstrider
Deathwatch

Polanco
Longstrider

Initiative:

Init Ragnar: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 before terrain bonus
Init Sir Godfrey: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Init Fredreka: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Init Alonso: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Init Alvin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Init Polanco: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
=================================
Clockwork: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Alonso Knowledge vs Previous Devil:

special attacks:

Consume Life (Su): When a nabasu creates a ghoul with its gaze attack, it gains a growth point. It gains a bonus equal to its growth point total on attack rolls, CMB rolls, Saving Throws, Caster level checks, and skill checks. Its maximum hit points increase by 10 for each growth point, and its caster level for spell-like abilities increases by 1. Everytime it gains a growth point, it makes a DC 30 caster level check - success indicates it matures and plane shifts to the Abyss in a burst of smoke.

Death-Stealing Gaze (Su): As a free action once per day per growth point, a banasu can activate its death-stealing gaze for a full round. A living creatures within 30 feet must succeed on a DC 18 Fort save or gain a negative level. A humanoid slain in this manner immediate transforms into a ghoul under the nabasu's control. This gaze attack can only create 1 ghoul per round.

Sneak Attack: 2d6

DR 10/Cold Iron or good


Alonso Knowledge Previous Clockwork:

Special Attacks:

Breath Weapon (Su): Powerful jet of scorching steam --> 60 ft line, 12d8 Fire damage - usable every 1d4 rounds 3/day

Grind (Ex): On a successful grapple check, it deals an extra 1d8+16 slashing damage due to it's jagged underbelly.

Swallow Whole (Ex): The clockworks "stomach" is filled with superheated water and grinding gears. In addition to taking damage (2d8+16 slashing and 2d6 fire) creatures swallowed have the risk of drowning

"So shall it be then!" exclaims the devil. Turning, to the mechanical beast behind him, he begins to cast...something...suddenly it shrieks. "NO! I...I"M NOT DONE! MAAASTER!!!" and vanishes in a puff of smoke.

The clockwork moves with surprising speed towards the locked door and melds into it. Mechanical whirrings resound as something else peels out of the door.

A somewhat smaller clockwork stands before you...though it is still large.

K Arcana DC 22:

Clockwork Golem
Large Construct
Construct Traits

For every 5 you beat the DC ask a question

Round 1: Fight!

Fredreka
Alvin

Clockwork
Polanco
Ragnar
Alonso
Godfrey

Fredreka/Alvin Up

Silver Crusade

Female CG Halfling (Shackles) Cleric of Desna (Travel/Liberation) 10 Halfling | HP: 94/94 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +14 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +11 Cleric | Speed 40ft | Channel: 5d6 7/8 DC 19 | Active conditions: Longstrider (10 hours), Deathwatch (100 minutes)

Fredreka begins casting Summon Monster IV.

Dark Archive

Gnome Illusionist (CORE) 11 | HP 127/112 | AC 16* | T 12 | FF 15* | CMD 14 | F +10 | R +7 | W +10 | +2 vs. illusion, +2 vs. death effects, +1 vs. curse effects | Init +7 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +0 | Blinding Ray 10/11 | Invisibility Field 10/11 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: False Life (15 hp), Mage Armor(*), Overland Flight

Move Action
Alvin move forward.

Standard Action
He waits for Riddywipple to come up, then casts Haste.

Husgy, Godfrey, Alvin, Riddywipple, Alonso, Ragnar, and Shadow are hasted.

Dark Archive

Faerie Dragon Familiar | HP 66/51 | AC 27* | T 16 (20 incorporeal)* | FF 23* | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +9 | W +12 | improved evasion | Init +3 | Perc +16 | Sense Motive +2 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Spells: Level 1: 6/6 | Active Spells: False Life (15 temps), Mage Armor (*)

"Oh, that looks so dangerous! Be careful everyone!"

Move Action
Riddywipple flies up, ready to support if the situation becomes more dire.


Shield Bash Podcast | Frozen Fingers |

Current Party Buffs:

Entire Party
Message

Alonso
Mage Armor
Overland Flight
Invisibility (as much as possible)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 5, CL 10)
Haste

Alvin
Overland Flight
Mage Armor
Haste

Riddywhipple
False Life (+15 temp HP)
Heightened Continual Flame Item (SL 4, CL 7)
Mage Armor
Haste

Hugsy
Greater Magic Fang
Longstrider
Mage Armor
Haste

Fredreka
Longstrider
Deathwatch

Polanco
Longstrider

Without wasting any time Fredreka begins to wave her arms about in intricate patterns while chanting. Her arcane sounds echo throughout the chamber as the constant battle reigns around you. Glancing towards the noise, its apparent the entire pathfinder society is having similar responses as they try to gain entry.

Alvin closes the distance as his dragon announces concern. With a flick of his wrist and a word or two, a light bounces about the room, bolstering his companions.

Simingly undeterred by the actions of the quicker pathfinders, the clockwork beast closes the distance...its gears twisting and turning as it moves. The beast shrinks and elongates, forming a wall of whirring gears before you!
It has morphed into a 5ft by 20ft wall of gears. You can pass through it, but you will take damage by doing so.

You can get an extra success once per encounter by using disable device on the door as a full round action. You must be adjacent to the door and hit the required DC. The door is at the far edge of the map--put an x on map to symbolize

Round 1: Fight!

Clockwork
Polanco
Ragnar
Alonso
Godfrey

Round 2:

Fredreka
Alvin

Bold Up

151 to 200 of 322 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [RetroCon] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: Legacy of the Stonelords (Tier 10-11) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.