[PFS]GM Dennis - #7-27 Beyond Azlant Ridge (high tier) (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Maps & Handouts


401 to 422 of 422 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Pethwen slots Molly's disc into the Sun opening.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Human Brawler (Shield Champion) 6 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +15, CMD 29 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +5 | Speed 40ft | Ranged: Shield +10/+5, Melee: Shield +14/+9, Unarmed +12 | Martial Flexibility 6/6, Knockout (DC 19) 1/1 | Active c.: None

HP: 29/64

Two to go, just hold on Steve...

Cap continues to harry the creature, trying to keep its attention from his more fragile comrades. "If anyone's got the opportunity, I could use a bit more healing!"

He steps to the right, trying to get closer to the remaining slot while holding out the disc.


**BZZT** "Botting for Bolty:" **BZZT**

The patch of sentient haze that is Bolty wafts lazily toward the crack in the wall.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

The creature lashes out at Cap, desperately trying to disrupt the handoff of the last disc, while also trying to fend off the suddenly-painful swings of Phosdlon.

Tail slap vs. Cap: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24

Tail slap vs. Cap: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7
Grab: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (18) + 32 = 50

Tail slap vs Phosdlon: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 7) + 4 = 18
Grab: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (8) + 32 = 40

It manages to strike each of them once, but is unable to grab on to either.

-----

Initiative!

  • ?
  • Bolty
  • Molly
  • Pethwen
  • Phosdlon
  • Petrok
  • Cap

    Whole party may act.

  • Grand Lodge

    CG Halfling Hierophant Reanimated Medium 6| HP39/39 | AC22 T16 FF17| CMD 19 | Fort 4 Ref 8 Will 5 | Speed 20ft | Initiative +5| Halfling Luck 3 Uses Left | Ioun Stone +2 0
    Party Buffs:
    Auberon Iroran: +2 to Healing, Eutrophia Winters: +2 to Healing, Ridley Zane: +2 to Healing, Shawa: +2 to Healing, : , : , Haunted Molly: +4 to Healing.

    Molly, after handing off the disc to Pethwen, moves up to the captain and draws her wand of Cure Light Wounds.
    UMD: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
    Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Grand Lodge

    M Elf warpriest/7 [hp: 52/52] [ac: 17/13/14] [init: +3; perc: +7] [saves: 8/:8/:11(+2 vs. ench)] [CMB: 6; CMD: 19/16] [Fervor used: 0/6] [Sacred Armor used: 0/7] [Sacred Weapon used: 0/7] [Blessing used: 0/6]

    Phosdlon takes a 5' step and calls out..."Great Goddess, Yuelral, heal your servant and his companions, please."

    Using 2 Fervor to channel to heal

    Channel to Heal: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

    Grand Lodge

    Human Bolt Ace 6 HP 9/46 | AC 22 T 17 FF 15 CMD 23 | F +9 R +12 W +5 | Init +9 | Perception +11 Grit (2/2)

    thanks!

    Bolty finishes flowing through the back back and out into the hallway.

    Liberty's Edge

    LG Male Human Brawler (Shield Champion) 6 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +15, CMD 29 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +5 | Speed 40ft | Ranged: Shield +10/+5, Melee: Shield +14/+9, Unarmed +12 | Martial Flexibility 6/6, Knockout (DC 19) 1/1 | Active c.: None

    HP: 38/64

    Cap's wounds knit together slightly as the healing energy from his compatriots washes over him.

    Thanks you two. The real MVPs.

    Liberty's Edge

    LG Male Human Brawler (Shield Champion) 6 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +15, CMD 29 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +5 | Speed 40ft | Ranged: Shield +10/+5, Melee: Shield +14/+9, Unarmed +12 | Martial Flexibility 6/6, Knockout (DC 19) 1/1 | Active c.: None

    Cap continues to attempt to block the creature's attacks, shifting towards the remaining slot, and holding out the disc.

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Aasimar Cleric (Evangelist) 6 | HP: 39/39| AC: 21 | Res: Acid, Cold, Elec 5 | T: 15 | FF: 17 | CMD: 21| Fort: +6 | Ref: +7| Will: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +6 | Perf: 14/17 | Reroll Used: Y

    Pethwen reaches down and grabs the light disc from Cap then flies over towards the slot marked as MOON. "Thanks Cap, just hang in there a few more seconds and cross your fingers that we have these in the right spots!" The cleric's voice continues to ring down like a sweet musical tune from above. Her diamond-like eyes sparkle with glee. She's clearly enjoying herself.

    Dark Archive

    male Half-Orc (mystic):Att:MW,cold iron Falchion+8(dmg2d4+6)orMW Heavy cross+6(1d10) |Int +1: Per: +6: AC:21('23' evil)Tch:12 FF:19| HP.44/45| |Fort+4/Ref+7/+8;spd:40ft
    special:
    touch of flame5/5(1d6+3),Channel 0/3(3d6),cinder dance,healing,fire nimbus 6/6
    Shaman 6 CM:5/CMD:17| conditions: 1 negative lv: Barkskin: Heightened aware|protection fire|Bull's Str|protect evil

    Gm since Petrok only spent a move action last turn, can I assume he began to slot the disk only requiring a move action to finish slotting the disk this round? If so i’d Like to channel positive energy after I slot the disk. Petrok pushes the purple glowing disk into the star slot.

    if another action allowed:
    after Petrok drops the disk into the slot he calls upon the healing spirits to aid his allies channel: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 4) = 9

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    I'll treat it like casting a full-round spell after moving: you used your standard last round and your standard this round, leaving you with a move-action remaining.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    The creature panics, seeing your progress. It lashes out wildly at anyone within reach.

    Tail slap vs. Phosdlon: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
    Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9
    Grab: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (12) + 32 = 44
    Constrict (if grab successful): 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 7) + 4 = 12

    Tail slap vs. Cap: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

    Tail slap vs. Cap: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
    Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 2) + 4 = 14
    Grab: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (19) + 32 = 51

    The creature quickly batters Phosdlon and wraps its tail around the warpriest, trying to squeeze the life out of him! Cap manages to deflect one tail, though he's not quick enough to block the second. Once again, however, he is able to avoid being restrained by it.

    Assuming Pethwen slots the last stone:

    As Pethwen slots the final disc the four panels glow, then with a flash they fuse into a solid piece. A wave of energy bursts out, washing over the whole temple. Phosdlon slips from its tail as the serpentine creature is pushed back into its cell along with the monolith. The smashed stone door magically reassembles slamming shut and allowing you only a momentary glimpse of the monolith raising its fist to strike the beast! Bolty sees the crack in the wall magically reseal itself as well.

    All is quiet for a moment before the silence is broken by the sound of running footsteps. The archaeologists, led by Juliet and Arletta stop short when they arrive in the doorway to this chamber. "What happened?!" Juliet asks, taking in the scene before her. "Did you kill it?" asks another (one that you didn't apply dust to). "That horrible voice in my head went away!"

    Liberty's Edge

    LG Male Human Brawler (Shield Champion) 6 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +15, CMD 29 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +5 | Speed 40ft | Ranged: Shield +10/+5, Melee: Shield +14/+9, Unarmed +12 | Martial Flexibility 6/6, Knockout (DC 19) 1/1 | Active c.: None

    A bedraggled Cap picks himself up off the ground.

    "We stopped it. Killing it seemed to be a significantly taller order than we could handle."

    He nods to the rest of his friends, an exhausted but satisfied look on his face.

    Grand Lodge

    CG Halfling Hierophant Reanimated Medium 6| HP39/39 | AC22 T16 FF17| CMD 19 | Fort 4 Ref 8 Will 5 | Speed 20ft | Initiative +5| Halfling Luck 3 Uses Left | Ioun Stone +2 0
    Party Buffs:
    Auberon Iroran: +2 to Healing, Eutrophia Winters: +2 to Healing, Ridley Zane: +2 to Healing, Shawa: +2 to Healing, : , : , Haunted Molly: +4 to Healing.

    Molly goes over to patch the good captain up for all his hard work. "You should have seen it! Captain Absalom was holding it back all 'Ahhhh come at me beast!' and he kept blocking it's giant 3 pronged tail with his shield! It was all 'Ptah! Ptang! Clash!'"

    Molly bolsters the tale of how the Captain held up against the strange monster, and even makes up some stuff about how it was the Long-Lost father of Grandmaster Torch.

    Grand Lodge

    M Elf warpriest/7 [hp: 52/52] [ac: 17/13/14] [init: +3; perc: +7] [saves: 8/:8/:11(+2 vs. ench)] [CMB: 6; CMD: 19/16] [Fervor used: 0/6] [Sacred Armor used: 0/7] [Sacred Weapon used: 0/7] [Blessing used: 0/6]

    Phosdlon drops the flail, picks up his bow, then moves to the corner and gently sits down. Taking off his backpack, he calls forth his writing materials and starts to write down everything that happened, talking absentmindedly as he does, as if dictating to himself.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    BTW, that was a CR 15 fiend called a Xacarba, a servant of Abraxas. Killing it is not impossible, but is definitely above your pay grade.

    Grand Lodge

    Human Bolt Ace 6 HP 9/46 | AC 22 T 17 FF 15 CMD 23 | F +9 R +12 W +5 | Init +9 | Perception +11 Grit (2/2)

    Colty regains his fully corporeal form and rejoins the party, looking a bit worse for wear. "Everybody made it out okay... great job."

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Aasimar Cleric (Evangelist) 6 | HP: 39/39| AC: 21 | Res: Acid, Cold, Elec 5 | T: 15 | FF: 17 | CMD: 21| Fort: +6 | Ref: +7| Will: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +6 | Perf: 14/17 | Reroll Used: Y

    "Yes, that was incredible! It is days like these that makes me so proud and happy to be a Pathfinder! I will remember this day and all of you for as long as I live...and share the tale wherever I go!" Pethwen flutters back down to the ground, the shadow of wings can be seen on the ground, although she has none. As her feet once again hit solid ground, the image of the wings fold away into the rest of her shadow. Her diamond-like eyes twinkle in the ambient light as she wipes a strand of silvery hair from her brow.

    "So, Juliet? Have you seen quite enough at this dig? Are you ready to head back or is there anything else we need to tidy up here?" Her voice has deepened a little, sounding again more like the strum of a harp.

    Dark Archive

    male Half-Orc (mystic):Att:MW,cold iron Falchion+8(dmg2d4+6)orMW Heavy cross+6(1d10) |Int +1: Per: +6: AC:21('23' evil)Tch:12 FF:19| HP.44/45| |Fort+4/Ref+7/+8;spd:40ft
    special:
    touch of flame5/5(1d6+3),Channel 0/3(3d6),cinder dance,healing,fire nimbus 6/6
    Shaman 6 CM:5/CMD:17| conditions: 1 negative lv: Barkskin: Heightened aware|protection fire|Bull's Str|protect evil

    Petrok sighs with huge relief as the creature is once again imprisoned. Without even asking , is everyone allright? Petrok calls upon healing spirits to wash over his comrades. channel: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 5) = 12
    He then flys over to captain Absalom pats him on the shoulder and says, A braver Pathfinder, I've never met... and calls upon the spirits to heal the battered man even more cure moderate wounds: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 = 15

    Liberty's Edge

    LG Male Human Brawler (Shield Champion) 6 | HP 64/64 | AC 25 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +15, CMD 29 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +5 | Speed 40ft | Ranged: Shield +10/+5, Melee: Shield +14/+9, Unarmed +12 | Martial Flexibility 6/6, Knockout (DC 19) 1/1 | Active c.: None

    HP : 51/64 + Whatever Molly's healing was

    Under the ministrations of Molly and Petrok, Cap looks much better. He nods gratefully at them both, his farmboy grin shining through.

    "Thanks, friends. This has been quite the adventure! Phosdlon, you took quite a beating, too - how are you doing?"

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    "Done with this dig? No, I don't think we'll be done with this dig any time soon. There's so much to see! To learn!" She glances at the sealed door and her excitement subsides a bit. "Still, I should probably go back to Nantambu, at least to report in. Maybe we can get an expert in here on such things, to make sure the fiend isn't likely to break out again." The rest of the team looks relieved at the suggestion of heading back. "I'll need to speak with Happ about getting the Azlant Ridge dig back on track, as well."

    On your way out, you can see that the orb on its raised platform has dimmed, now that the fiendish threat is contained. Your journey back is long but uneventful, other than a brief stop at the now-deserted Azlant Ridge site. Juliet is dismayed to see it empty and unguarded, and her determination to return seems set. Upon returning to Nantambu, you are debriefed by Aya and Fola, who are quite impressed by how well you dealt with such a powerful fiend. After a day of rest Aya arranges passage for you back to Absalom, where your next mission awaits!

    That's it, folks! Thanks for playing--I hope you had fun. Let me know if you have any lingering questions about the plot; I'm happy to clarify, now that it's over.

    401 to 422 of 422 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]GM Dennis - #7-27 Beyond Azlant Ridge (high tier) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.