GM supervillan's Gameday VII 8-20 Torrent's Last Will (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

underwater combat rules

Maps & handouts


301 to 350 of 374 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

Seldanna sends a cold stare the way of the eel-thing before trying again to move herself out of the way.

Misfortune Hex (DC22) on the Galvo
Swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Unfortunately, the witch continues to flounder in the water, really not getting a hang of this whole swimming nonsense.

I'm assuming failing the swim check means Seldanna can't even take a 5', which she'd happily do if she ever learns how to swim.

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Adapting to situation quickly, Kelumur darts into the room again and tumbles in a way that attempts to create some sort of bubbling vortex in hopes that the turbidity blinds the enemy!

Move and dirty trick to blind!


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

You forgot to make a CMB roll Kelumur

Jino does battle with the Galvo, but again the slippery creature evades the rhino's mighty horn as it whirls this way and that.

Kramac waits for his opportunity, determined to focus the enemy's addled mind on himself.

Otto also looks for an opening, but Seldanna is too intent on bewitching the Galvo and can only keep herself steady in the water. But someone else could always move her out of the way, if she doesn't mind...

Galvo will vs Misfortune: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Perhaps a creature whose mind is no more than a throng of eel-minds and a little magic could never defend itself against such potent witchcraft - Seldanna turns fate against the Galvo.

Botting Zeno

Seeing that Otto cannot reach past the busy witch, Zeno lends a hand. Aided by his peculiar underwater suit, he swims forwards and Repositions Seldanna, allowing Otto space to slash at the Galvo through the doorway. In spite of the difficulty of the circumstance, Otto hacks away at the monster to good effect. Otto and the Galvo have Cover against each other.

Combat Round 1 / Round 2

Ursahla
Kramac delaying
Jino
Otto
Rhon
Kelumur die roll needed
Seldanna
Galvo: confused (8r); -17hp; misfortune (2r)
Lonan
Zeno

Active effects: Bless, Communal Resist Electricity 20, Freebooter's Bane vs Galvo

The bold may act!

I've assumed Seldanna doesn't object to being repositioned in botting Zeno.

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

That was silly!

Improved Dirty Trick (Blind): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Mage 4/Fighter 4/Archer 1
Spoiler:
|AC 16, T 16, FF 11|HP: 42/42|F +5, R +7, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment/red dragon breath)|Init +6, Perc +18|CMB +10 CMD 23|11/11 Prescience, 1/1 Pearl, 1/1 Arcane Bond

Sorry for being MIA. One of my actions does appear to have entirely fallen through the cracks (that of the round prior to this one); can we say I used it to cast gravity bow (an eminently appropriate thing to have done with that round for several reasons)?

The Exchange

Chaotic Neutral Undine Swashbuckler 2/Ranger 6/Vigilante 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 57/66 | AC: 24 (17 T, 19 F) | CMD: 25 | F: 9, R: 18, W: 9 | Init: 9 | Perc: 12 | Speed 30, swim 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Panache 5/5 | Charmed Life 3/3 | Reroll 1/1

Ursahla is waiting to see if Kelumur's trick had any effect.

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

Seldanna definitely does not mind being re-positioned. Lonan will stay safely tucked away in Seldanna's cloak. He has no desire to come out at the moment.


Large Male N Elasmotherium | HP 51/51 | AC 27 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +13, CMD 25 (29 vs Overrun, Trip) | F +9, R +7, W +7 (+4 morale vs enchantments) | Init +2 | Perc +8 SM +3 | Speed 40' | Active Conditions: |

With no good way to get into the room, Rhon remains in position, guarding Otto.

Silver Crusade

M Mutant Phalanx Fighter 3, Paladin 2, Wizard 4, Swashbuckler 1

I'm fine with your round 0 action being Gravity Bow, Zeno.

Kelumur spins in the water, depositing a pocketful of sand into the water in an effort to create a muddy vortex. The Galvo, however, is a creature with scores of eyes gazing in every direction, and it is not inhibited. A good enough idea that it would have chance Kelumur, but you did not beat the monster's CMD.

Combat Round 2

Ursahla
Kramac delaying his attack
Jino
Otto
Rhon
Kelumur
Seldanna
Galvo: confused (8r); -17hp; misfortune (2r)
Lonan
Zeno

Active effects: Bless, Communal Resist Electricity 20, Freebooter's Bane vs Galvo

Ursahla is up!

The Exchange

Chaotic Neutral Undine Swashbuckler 2/Ranger 6/Vigilante 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 57/66 | AC: 24 (17 T, 19 F) | CMD: 25 | F: 9, R: 18, W: 9 | Init: 9 | Perc: 12 | Speed 30, swim 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Panache 5/5 | Charmed Life 3/3 | Reroll 1/1

With nowhere to go without putting herself in danger, Ursahla continues to observe the fight and encourage her allies.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Ursahla maintains her expert guidance Freebooter's Bane

Kramac unleashes his attacks, and the Galvo responds in kind. Jino protects his half-orc companion, and lands a mighty gore attack of his own.

GM screen, lots of dice:
Jino Bodyguard 1, net of modifiers: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Jino Bodyguard 2, net of modifiers: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Jino Bodyguard 3, net of modifiers: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Galvo vs Kramac, bite: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Galvo vs Kramac, bite, misfortune: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24
Galvo vs Kramac, versatile slam 1: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Galvo vs Kramac, versatile slam1, misfortune: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32
Galvo vs Kramac, versatile slam 2: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Galvo vs Kramac, versatile slam 2, misfortune: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Kramac stabs the monster repeatedly. Thwarted by fate, the Galvo fails to do any harm in reply. Kramac lands 4 hits, Jino 1; unless Jino has a Fortuitous amulet? Paired Opportunists does not proc from an ally's Fortuitous weapon attack.

Combat Round 2/ round 3

Ursahla
Kramac
Jino
Otto
Rhon
Kelumur
Seldanna
Galvo: confused (7r); -67hp; misfortune (1r)
Lonan
Zeno

Active effects: Bless, Communal Resist Electricity 20, Freebooter's Bane vs Galvo

The bold may act!


Animal Companion 8 |Current AC: 31 AC Base: 28 T 12 FF 24 | HP 76/76 | F +11 R +8 W +3 | CMD 25 | Hunter's Trick 3/4

Gore Attack, Freebooter's Bane, GMF, Power Attack, Bless: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 34
Damage, Freebooter's Bane, GMF: 2d6 + 10 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4) + 10 + 6 + 2 + 1 = 29

Mwoaaarrrrggggg!!

Jino lashes out, spearing several of the eels on his horn.

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Otto again attacks the creature with his scythe.

scythe, bless, freebooter's bane, cover: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 27
cold iron dmg (piercing and slashing, freedom of movement), freebooter's bane: 2d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (5, 3) + 10 + 2 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Full attack! Kramac will once again hold his attacks until all his companions have made their strikes.

He will use a round of bane.

Kramac has a look of steely determination on his face as he blocks and dodges, before sensing an opening an letting loose a withering array of attacks.

Attack, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane, Bless, Power Attack, Flurry, Bane: 1d20 + 12 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 17

Attack, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane, Bless, Power Attack, Flurry: 1d20 + 12 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 35
Damage, Power Attack, Freebooter's Bane, Divine Favor, bane: 1d4 + 6 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 + (5, 6) = 29

Attack, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane, Bless, Power Attack, Flurry, Bane: 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 13

Kramac will activate Broken Wing Gambit.

AoOs from Broken Wing:

AoO #1 from Broken Wing, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane, Bless, Power Attack, Flurry, Paired Opportunist, Bane: 1d20 + 12 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 4 + 2 = 28
Damage, Power Attack, Freebooter's Bane, Divine Favor, Bane: 1d4 + 6 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 + (4, 2) = 24

AoO #2 from Fortuitous, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane, Bless, Power Attack, Flurry, Paired Opportunist, Bane: 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 4 + 2 = 31
Damage, Power Attack, Freebooter's Bane, Divine Favor, Bane: 1d4 + 6 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 + (3, 2) = 25

Jino's AoO, Freebooter's Bane, Power Attack, Bless, GMF, Paired Opportunist: 1d20 + 12 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 36
Damage, Freebooter's Bane, Power Attack, GMF: 2d6 + 10 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 10 + 2 + 6 = 24

Jino's Bodyguards:

Bodyguard: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Bodyguard: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Bodyguard: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

AC will be 31 vs. 1st attack (-2 from Broken Wing, +2 bodyguard), 33 vs. 2nd and 3rd attacks (+2 bodyguard), and 31 after that.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Otto's reaching scythe slashes through the galvo, then Jino and Kramac lay into the monster, finishing it off as it falls for Kramac's faked weakness. The AoOs generated by Broken Wing Gambit occur before the monster's attack completes, and it is dead by then. Those eels not dismembered disperse and swim away, ordinary animals once again.

Combat over!

Aquel speaks: “Truly you are mortals of noble purpose. Not only have you cleansed the corruption in the shell, but you also showed great respect for the temple and restored some of its former glory. I freely give you all the treasures that were entrusted to me.”

With two cracks of her morningstar, Aquel shatters the entire pillar of the coral 'sailfish', revealing both The Breath of Lysianassa - a crystal decanter filled with rolling waves - and a sealed chest. Inside the chest are a fist sized translucent egg and four golden seashells engraved with scripture.

"The Breath of Lysianassa will be safer with you than here in this shell, where it will draw less noble treasure-seekers. Take it far from the Plane of Water!" Aquel indicates the decanter.

"This egg is the last offspring of Riam. It lies in a dormant state waiting for Lysianassa's return. Take it, and keep it safe along with these relics. Riam's shell acts as an amplifier for the latent energies of Plane of Water. It was amplifying the power of The Breath of Lysianassa. Now that I have given the Breath to you, you should channel that energy into Riam's egg. I can show you how to redirect the flow of energy."

You may attempt a Knowledge (Arcana OR Planes OR Religion) check and spend one minute to redirect the shell's energies.

Otto:
The process that Aquel describes is similar to the ritual that Zarta Dralneen has asked you to perform. Zarta's ritual will take 10 minutes, and requires a Knowledge (Arcana OR Planes) check.

Anyone handling the Breath of Lysianassa:
You gain the benefit of a Water Breathing spell. You may attempt a DC35 Spellcraft check (if trained, of course).

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

We shall take care that no wicked beings get their hands on this relic! We will see that it stays safe in the Grand Lodge of the Pathfinder Society. I am not the best person to perform this ritual - but I know my way around. Direct me how to help, and I will aid how I can. Jino! Do not trample the ritual! Stay over there!

Kramac will cast Heightened Awareness, then assist with the ritual.

Kn Arcana Assist: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Otto acknowledges Aquel's gracious gifts and almost begins to ask him if he has possibly seen a missing dog before he thinks better of it.

Following Aquel's instruction, Otto attempts to redirect the shell's energies, but he also takes some additional time to perform a similar ritual that Zarta had advised him would be helpful. "My friends, if you are knowledgable about such matters, please help me with this ritual."

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Using GM reroll

Knowledge (Planes), GM stars: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17

Otto also takes a moment to handle the Breath of Lysianassa.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Is aiding possible on this check?


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

There are effectively two rituals to perform. The first to 'charge' Riam's egg, which takes 1 minute. This needs Knowledge (Arcana, Planes OR Religion). The second is Zarta's ritual as given to Otto, which takes 10 minutes and needs Knowledge (Arcana OR Planes). Aid Another is possible for both rituals, and you don't have to roll the same skill as the lead character.

Otto is your Knowledge roll intended for the first ritual or the second?

Otto touches the Breath of Lysianassa and gains a momentary sensation that feels like seasickness as he becomes aware of the movement of the planar tide. But the awareness, and the seasickness, passes in an instant. The druid is left with a feeling that this artifact holds great power over the waters of the elemental plane. Aid Another is possible on this check too, but that would still need 4 successful aid checks and other PCs might be better off trying to hit the DC themselves.

Time in shell: 53 minutes (pre-rituals).

The Exchange

Chaotic Neutral Undine Swashbuckler 2/Ranger 6/Vigilante 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 57/66 | AC: 24 (17 T, 19 F) | CMD: 25 | F: 9, R: 18, W: 9 | Init: 9 | Perc: 12 | Speed 30, swim 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Panache 5/5 | Charmed Life 3/3 | Reroll 1/1

There are 4 knowledge skills Ursahla does not have ranks in. Arcana, Planes, and Relgion are 3 of them. Thus, Ursahla is unable to help with the rituals.

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Without the appropriate knowledge or skills, Kelumur watches from a safe distance. At the same time, he pops his last potion sponge in his mouth, ready to ingest it should the need arises.

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

"Ah, perhaps you'd better let me have a look at this." Seldanna reaches out for the Breath and the egg, clearly ready to perform the necessary ritual.

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33

If the Kn. Arcana check fails, can we try again? If not, perhaps a shirt reroll is in order? Also, any chance we can count Otto's Spellcraft check as an aid to Seldanna's check. Otherwise, can someone jump in with a quick aid another on the Spellcraft.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

There are two rituals - one for the egg and one for the Dark Archive for some reason? I'm not sure what the 2nd one is for honestly. These are probably worth burning a reroll on to succeed on, but I guess we should wait to hear from Supervilian as to whether we can retry.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

There are indeed two rituals. The second one is a Dark Archive side mission, given to Otto by a crab just after your briefing. Otto is free to divulge this mission if he wishes, and the rest of you can help him to complete it. There are consequences for failing either ritual, so I'll adjudicate on them once you've decided together what order you're completing them in and which ritual Otto's knowledge roll is for.

Seldanna:
I'm going to assume you get a successful aid on that Spellcraft check. Zeno can't fail to aid you. Whilst it would take a good deal of study to determine the full powers of the Breath of Lysianassa, you have learned how to use it to create strong currents and violent jets of water nearby. This effect functions like a CL 15th telekinesis spell and can be used only while holding the artifact. It requires a standard action, but does not provoke AoOs.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Ah, I think I understand now. Anyways, my vote goes that we let Seldanna perform the egg ritual (for no other reason than she has the highest modifier). As for the Dark Archive ritual, that is up to Otto as to whether he wants to do it himself, or let Seldanna do it. Either way, I'll roll a 2nd assist to help out with the other ritual.

Kn planes: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Sorry for creating confusion - I was reading quickly and missed that there were two separate checks to make. I would not have used my GM reroll on the general check (since I would assume that others would have a decent chance to make it), but I would use it for the Dark Archive check if my roll was low (as it was). I can keep the die rolls I made above, with the first for the general (1 minute) ritual and the second for the Dark Archive ritual, in which case I would have rerolled the second roll (a 7 on the die). Or I can just make a new set of rolls. Whichever you prefer, GM.

Otto explains to the group. "Just before we left for this mission, I received a letter from an esteemed colleague, Zarta Dralneen. I imagine some of you know her already? She asked that, for the safety of the relic, and the society, we secure the powerful elemental energy that it contains. Here, I'll show you the letter with the details of how to perform the ritual and I will be most grateful if any of you will assist me."

Otto shows the others the letter from Zarta:
"Otto darling,
One of the greatest threats that those of us who work in the Pathfinder Society’s archives face is the unchecked power of dangerous artifacts. For the past several months, I have been preparing a ritual to improve defenses on these relics, both to protect the rooms that contain them from would-be thieves and to prevent the artifacts themselves from exerting influence upon unsuspecting researchers. Such wards require a significant repository of magical energy, which field agents like you have been playing an instrumental role in gathering. I read Zahra’s reports regarding a shell that controls the tides by channeling the power of an artifact, and I agree with her assessment that this energy could be directed to different purposes. Follow the enclosed instructions to safely guide the elemental force across the planes.
Take Care,
Z"

If the GM would like new rolls from Otto...

Otto recalls that he also has a wand of Heightened Awareness and he uses it before attempting the rituals.

For the first ritual, the one minute exercise to redirect the shell's energies, Otto will contribute his knowledge of the planes to assist Seldanna with her efforts to perform the ritual.

Knowledge Planes, aid another, DC 10: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

For the second ritual (the Dark Archive mission), Otto will also assist Seldanna if she wishes to participate, or else he will perform the ritual himself.

If Seldanna performs the ritual (K: Arcana or Planes):
Knowledge Planes, aid another, DC 10: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

If Seldanna does not wish to perform the ritual, then Otto will perform it himself:
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Finally, re the Spellcraft check, Otto's bonus is only +10 so if we were at a table together he would certainly have offered to aid Seldanna's check, if it's ok to retcon to say that Otto (auto)aids Seldanna on that check.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Seldanna, Otto and Kramac perform the ritual as directed by Aquel. Riam's egg glows softly for a moment as the ritual concludes. "Thank you, travellers. Take the egg to a safe place as soon as you can" says the deva.

Seldanna has unlocked a fraction of the powers of the Breath of Lysianassa. Since the DC of the Spellcraft check is 35, I think only Zeno and Seldanna are capable of hitting that. This means that Seldanna and Zeno may both use the artifact in the way described in the spoiler above. Zeno you may read the spoiler labelled 'Seldanna'. This assumes Zeno aided Seldanna.

Seldanna and/or Zeno do you wish to help Otto complete the longer Dark Archive ritual?

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

"Certainly Otto, I'll help with the ritual. I've always been intrigued by Zarta, although she gives off a vibe a little too much like my stepmother for me to ever consider joining her faction. I prefer my book based research where I can."

Seldanna, with help from Otto, tries the Dark Archive ritual.

Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Seldanna and Otto complete Zarta's elemental ritual, as Aquel looks on curiously. "Fascinating... you are actually drawing the energies of the Plane of Water across the planar boundary, using Riam's shell as a focus."

There is a shudder as the ritual finishes. With no ill effects apparent, it seems to have been successful.

Aquel opens her mouth to speak again, but then frowns. A pained expression suddenly passes over her face. She touches her hand to the shell and closes her eyes to concentrate. After a moment, she speaks, “You are betrayed. Razethka, your brine dragon companion, has killed the maridar that brought you here. Now that Zemdar is dead, she has rallied the sahuagin of this shell under her rule. She has hostages and is waiting to ambush you in the coral gardens outside. I am still bound to this chamber - but I offer you the loan of Thundergale, my weapon. Please, do not allow another evil warlord to gain control of this place. The Breath of Lysianassa and Riam's egg must not fall into Razethka's hands."

Time in shell: 65 minutes. With the additional 5 minutes between your battle with Zemdar and entering the great shell, some of your buffs might now be expiring.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Trechery! Do not fear good Aquel, we will destroy this wicked dragon and his new sanghuin allies. He has hostages? Let us make haste - the dragon's patience may run out and he will kill the hostage.

Kn Arcana on Brine Dragons: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 27

I'd like to request the special attacks, and (I'm not sure if I can ask this or not) the spells known for the brine dragon. If I can't ask that, I'll ask for spell like abilities

Pre-buff wall of text incoming!

Kramac will cast Protection from Energy (Acid) on himself and Jino. If no one objects, I will use the Pearl of Power that we found but never actually used to put one on Otto as well. Then I'll cast Shield of Faith on Kramac and Jino, and finally immediately before we go through the door, I'll use Divine Favor, chew a potion of touch of the sea and activate Animal Focus (Tiger) so I get the bonus dex to initiative. He will also blow the Heightened Awareness on initiative (giving me a total +9).

Seldanna - I have an extra touch of the sea sponge. Please take it if you'd like. I really don't want you to end up unable to move out of a bad spot because of a failed swim check.

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

"Tsk. Should have been prepared." Kelumur looks displeased, but at the same time unsurprised at the discovery. He readies himself by drawing both daggers in hand.

Will chew my potion sponge right before combat.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Kramac, the pearl of power found with the golem has been used by Zeno to re-cast his False Life. Also, pearls of power don't work for spontaneous casters.

Kramac knows that brine dragons possess a breath weapon in the form of a blast of dessicating salt. Acid damage, line-shaped. He knows in addition that as they grow old, they gain the ability to capsize ships, and ancient brine dragons drain strength with their salt-crusted bites. Razethka does not seem to be this old though, she is too small and could not be older than 'mature adult'. As Brine Dragons age they gain a range of spell-like abilities: Very young—speak with animals (fish only); Young— obscuring mist; Juvenile—water breathing; Adult—control water; Ancient—horrid wilting (3/day); and Great Wyrms might possess additional powers beyond Kramac's knowledge. Spells Known are technically an individual choice for Dragons, but SLAs are by species.

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

Seldanna gratefully accepts the sponge potion from Kramac, squeezing it into her mouth and then tops her mage armor up with a tap of her wand. "Did anyone want to be a bit larger to take on this dragon?"

Seldanna has an unused Enlarge Person spell prepared. If anyone wants to take advantage of it, consider it done.

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Otto is pleased with the completion of Zarta's ritual and thanks Seldanna for performing it.

@GM, are there any mechanical consequences of the completion of either of the two rituals, or about the Breath or the Egg, that we need to know about?

Re buffs, the Barkskin that Otto cast on Rhon has now expired, as has his Shillelagh spell.

Otto frowns when he hears of Razethka's betrayal. A law-breaker such as this is intolerable! He must be punished! Aquel, you can count on us. Now, what is this Thundergale you speak of and how can we use it?"

When the group is ready to proceed into battle, Otto will use a pearl of power to recover his Shillelagh spell and then cast it again, though he'll wield his scythe instead of his club for now. He'll also use his wand of Heightened Awareness (giving him +9 on initiative).

@GM, it looks like there is still one unexplored room on the map?


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt
Otto O'Read wrote:
@GM, are there any mechanical consequences of the completion of either of the two rituals, or about the Breath or the Egg, that we need to know about?

Successful completion affects boons, reporting, and success conditions, so nothing right now.

Otto wrote:
Otto frowns when he hears of Razethka's betrayal. A law-breaker such as this is intolerable! He must be punished! Aquel, you can count on us. Now, what is this Thundergale you speak of and how can we use it?"

Aquel holds out her morningstar; speaking a word in the tongue of angels, she causes the weapon to spark with electricity. "This is Thundergale. It has crushed countless evils, including the Sea Serpent of D'Ancon and the Nine Ogre Magi of the Sunken Citadel. Use it against Razethka."

Otto wrote:
@GM, it looks like there is still one unexplored room on the map?

I will reveal it. It is a tomb like Cintra's but holding a score of mummified priests. Aquel will explain this. There is nothing of note or importance there.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Alright, just the five buffs from me then. Kramac is ready to go, and is happy to lead the way through the door.

Kramac prefers to ride Jino, so no need for Enlarge Person for me.

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Anyone want to take the morningstar? Otto is not proficient.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

I have arranged you in what I think is a reasonable marching order - feel free to rearrange yourselves. I will give you until tomorrow evening (approx 20 hours from now) to make any further plans / buffs before starting combat.

Party status:

Seldanna; false life, mage armour, touch of the sea
Ursahla;
Kelumur; touch of the sea
Otto; Wildshape, Freedom of movement (5m), Barkskin (5m), shillelagh, heightened awareness
Rhon; GMF, Ride the Waves
Zeno; false life, mage armour 
Lonan; 7 Dex damage
Kramac; heightened awareness, resist acid 20, shield of faith, divine favour, touch of the sea
Jino; Ride the Waves, GMF, resist acid 20, shield of faith

Bless; Resist Electricity (20) on all save Lonan.

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Mage 4/Fighter 4/Archer 1
Spoiler:
|AC 16, T 16, FF 11|HP: 42/42|F +5, R +7, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment/red dragon breath)|Init +6, Perc +18|CMB +10 CMD 23|11/11 Prescience, 1/1 Pearl, 1/1 Arcane Bond

If I still may (I've been busy, as well as having heightened personal problems, this week):

Knowledge (Arcana) in case there's any more to eke out of the ritual: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36

Knowledge (Arcana) in case Otto's ritual could have used any more help: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38

Now, then:

Knowledge (Arcana) to know more about Brine Dragons: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31

Zeno once again draws on his armor wand, and immediately before stepping out, uses his mithril-and-pearl shield wand.

Don't forget your lucky numbers, everyone!

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

"Aquel, will you tell us more of the powers of your weapon, Thundergale? It is a most gracious offer. I am not proficient with such weapons but I will use it if none of my companions have skill with it."


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

"Thundergale was forged in the fires of Mount Erukai in Nirvana, by the agathion paladin-smith Goru-Goru. Speak its name in the tongue of angels - ամպրոպ գեյլը - to wreath it in lightning. Speak its name again to suppress the power of the storm."

It's a +2 shock morningstar.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

I will take your morningstar... it may prove useful in smiting this wicked dragon.

Kramac will take the morningstar. I don't expect I'll use it, but ya never know.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

We haven't really talked about who is going to hold the Breath. As Zeno's bow isn't super effective underwater, I vote we give her the artifact. I'll hand over all the quarrels I have for the underwater crossbow (not sure how many we got?) for her to use as projectiles. A CL 15 Telekinesis can put out a lot of damage.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Zeno informs the pathfinders that brine dragons are known to be immune to acid damage, as well as immune to sleep and paralysis as all true dragons are. They also, like most dragons, possess a strong resistance to spells.

Kramac, you have 40 bolts for the underwater crossbow. Zeno takes the Breath of Lysianassa.

Kramac opens the door.

gm screen:

initiative
Kramac, tiger focus, HA: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 4 = 10
Otto, HA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 1 + 4 = 26
Seldanna: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Urshala: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Zeno: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Kelemur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Pet Lonan (Seldanna): 1d20 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 3 = 16
Pet Jino (Kramac): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Pet Rhon (Otto): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Razethka: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
sahuagin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Combat round 1

Otto
Kelumur
Seldanna
Sahuagin
Razethka
Zeno
Ursahla
Lonan
Jino
Kramac
Sharks
Rhon

The bold may act!

Perception DC19, only when you enter the coral garden:
There is a large, wyrm shaped void behind the coral screen opposite the door. This must be Razethka, lurking under a spell of invisibility!

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Otto instructs Rhon to follow and attack their foes and then swims forward through the door.

Perception DC 19: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

He quickly spots - and alerts the group - a large, wyrm shaped void behind the coral screen opposite the door, which he suspects must be Razethka, lurking under a spell of invisibility!

He casts faerie fire at it.

Caster Level check vs SR if needed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Bah!

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Kelumur fluidly swims to scout ahead and observes their numbers! "Be careful! There are many! The dragon hides under invisibility!"

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Double move

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

Seldanna, Lonan tucked away in her hood, swims to keep up with the group.

Double Move


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Kelumur, Otto and Seldanna swim into the coral garden.

Otto casts a simple druidic magic at the hidden dragon, but he lacks the power to overcome her defence.

Kelumur sees where the hostages are kept - two maridar and your pathdinder colleague Zahra are lashed to the giant nacre throne with seaweed bindings. All of the captives are badly wounded - their blood clouds the water nearby, exciting three circling sharks.

The sahuagin shark-tenders go on the offensive.

trident vs kelumur: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 2 = 20damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
bite vs kelumur: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 2 = 15damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

trident vs otto: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 2 = 14concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 32damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
bite vs otto: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 2 = 22concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 47damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

confirm crit vs otto?: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 6damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

One of the tenders snaps his piscine jaws through the flimsy coral screen and takes a chunk out of Otto's massive arm.

Then, Razethka passes across the narrow gap between the coral murals, the displaced void merely an ominous draconic outline. She glances down the passageway beyond the door. She stops short of Kelumur's position, turns her head back towards the doorway, and looses her acidic breath weapon! The vicious attack ends her invisibility spell.

saline scouring: 10d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 1, 1, 2, 6, 3, 3, 5, 6) = 33

Seldanna, Lonan, Otto, Kramac and Jino, and Ursahla attempt a DC19 Reflex save for half damage. Lonan may take a +2 bonus for being tucked into Seldanna's hood, but is also suffering a -3 penalty due to DEX damage.

Razethka's breath weapon destroys two of the coral screens, which I have marked with white bars. The sahuagin's attacks are not sufficient to destroy the screens, which provide concealment but not cover.

The dragon calls to you: "Surrender the temple's treasures and your enchanted items, and I will let you and your maridar friends live!"

Combat round 1

Otto; -6hp
Kelumur; Ref save needed
Seldanna; Ref save needed
Sahuagin
Razethka
Zeno
Ursahla Ref save needed
Lonan Ref save needed
Jino Ref save needed
Kramac Ref save needed
Sharks
Rhon

The bold may act!

gm screen:
??: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

I think the sahuagin's attack on Otto would provoke an AoO from him (he has reach and, fyi, combat reflexes). If so...

AoO vs black Sahuagin, cold iron scythe: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
concealment 20% miss chance, high is good for me: 1d100 ⇒ 48
cold iron dmg: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 2) + 10 = 13 freedom of movement, so should do full damage

Reflex vs Dragon breath weapon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 full damage, ouch.

I think I still have my GM reroll - I tried to use it on the ritual roll earlier, but I think that was made moot by my misunderstanding of the original post. If so, I'll use it on this.

Reflex vs Dragon breath weapon, Stars: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 But it makes no difference.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Kramac will delay until after Ursala goes in case she activates Freebooter's Bane.

Kramac raises his shield, deflecting the worst of the acid. The rest coats Kramac's skin, and sizzles away harmlessly, negated by his protective magic.

He then digs his heels into Jino's side, spurring the Rhino to engage the dragon. Spur Mount ride action for Kramac's move

Ride: 1d20 + 19 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 19 - 3 = 25
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Wicked Dragon! You shall have only defeat! Surrender now and you may yet live!

Attack, Outflank, Power Attack, Combat Expertise, Divine Favor: 1d20 + 12 + 4 - 2 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 4 - 2 - 2 + 3 = 20

AC if he takes his AoO agains Kramac will be 33 (Jino can't bodyguard that one, right? 30 +1 Animal Focus +2 Shield of Faith)

The first four attacks against Kramac will be vs. AC 37 (30+1 Animal Focus, +2 Shield of Faith, +2 Combat Expertise, +2 bodyguard). The rest will be vs. AC 35.

Mounted Combat Roll if needed:
Ride: 1d20 + 19 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 19 - 3 = 23


Animal Companion 8 |Current AC: 31 AC Base: 28 T 12 FF 24 | HP 76/76 | F +11 R +8 W +3 | CMD 25 | Hunter's Trick 3/4

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Attack, Outflank, Power Attack, GMF: 1d20 + 12 + 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 4 - 2 + 1 = 30
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1) + 10 + 6 + 1 = 24
Shaken for?: 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds

I rolled these without Freebooter's Bane - please add +2/+2 if Ursala activates that ability

Jino dodges to the left, causing most of the acid to be blocked by the murals. Like Kramac, what acid does reach him ,as harmlessly negated by Kramac's protective magic. The Rhino lets forth a bloodcurdling bellow as he plunges his horn into the brine dragon, and thrashes his head opening a bloody rent in the dragon's side (hopefully). Using Rattling Strike to cause him to be shaken for 1d4 rounds As he thrashes, Jino leaves what seems like an opening for the dragon to strike Activating Broken Wing Gambit

AC is 29 for the first attack (28 base +3 shield of faith, -2 Broken Wing Gambit), and 31 for the rest.

AoOs if he attacks Jino:

AoO 1 from Broken Wing, Outflank, Power Attack, GMF, Paired Opportunist: 1d20 + 12 + 4 - 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 4 - 2 + 1 + 4 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5) + 10 + 6 + 1 = 23

Kramac's AoO#1, Outflank, Power Attack, Combat Expertise, Divine Favor, Paired Opportunist: 1d20 + 12 + 4 - 2 - 2 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 4 - 2 - 2 + 3 + 4 = 22

Assuming that misses...

301 to 350 of 374 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM supervillan's Gameday VII 8-20 Torrent's Last Will All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.