GM supervillan's Gameday VII 8-20 Torrent's Last Will (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

underwater combat rules

Maps & handouts


201 to 250 of 374 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Ursahla, those eggs have done nothing wrong. It is not their fault that their fore bearers largely choose to be evil. They are innocents and do not deserve that.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

As she removes and destroys the sahuagin eggs, Ursahla notes a glass stopper in the top of the sphere.

Knowledge (Arcana) DC20:
This glass sphere bears an enchantment, but the enchantment has become corrupted. It would originally have filled itself with holy water every day. It might be possible to restore the original function with a short cleansing ritual.

Anyone examining the sphere can attempt the above Knowledge check, assuming you are trained in the skill.

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

While we're still talking Pearls. Seldanna will use her own Pearl of Power (lvl 2) to store another Blindness/Deafness spell.

Seldanna, a little bit taken aback at the brutal destruction of the eggs, just raises an eyebrow and moves to check out the sphere.

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

"This glass sphere bears an enchantment, but the enchantment has become corrupted. I believe it would have originally filled itself with holy water every day. It might be possible to restore the original function with a short cleansing ritual."


Male Raven 9 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 19 (23 Mage Armor) | T: 14| FF: 17 (21 Mage Armor) | CMD: 10| Fort: +2 | Ref: +5 | Will: +8| Will: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17 (lowlight) | Sense Motive: +2 |

Lonan sqwawks in horror as Ursahla smashes the eggs. "CAAAAAWWW! She killing the babies! CAAAAAAAW!"


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

There are two possible ways to perform a cleansing ritual: arcane, or divine.

arcane method: Attempt a Spellcraft check.
divine method: Apply either a Bless or a Consecrate spell to the sphere, then attempt a Knowledge (religion) check.

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

"Hang on, I think I might know how to fix it. Yes, there is a little bit of both arcane and divine magic at play here...but with just a little bit of this..." The young red-headed witch mutters some words under her breath in an arcane tongue.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

At Seldanna's arcane ministrations, the blood within the sphere transforms into pure, clear water. The sphere now glows with a soft green light.

Time in shell: 45 minutes

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Not his forte, Kelumur just observes the happenings as the group attempt to decipher some of the unusual activity inside the shell. But being idle, he soon becomes restless.

"If you all are done, there's more to this shell. Time is of the essence."

If group is ready, Kelumur will continue scouting/leading exploring the next room down.

Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Kelumur checks the door leading onwards from the guardian golem's chamber. Finding no cause for delay, he opens the door.

The large circular space beyond has a vaulted ceiling. In the center of the room, a pillar of pearly shell vaguely resembling a sailfish rises twenty feet from the floor. A figure with swirling white and orange skin sits perched atop the pillar. She has enormous wings sprouting from her back, shaped liked the fins of a manta ray, and carries a heavy morningstar at her side.

The winged creature stands and spreads her wings wide. “Hail, mortals, and well met,” she says in a flowing voice, “I am named Aquel, shieldwarden of Elysium. Long have I waited in these halls, seeking a worthy charge to assume my burden. Tell me, who are you and what do you know of this holy place?”

Knowledge (planes) DC22:
The creature is a Monadic Deva, a type of angel known to watch over the ethereal and elemental planes.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Kn Planes: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 16

Hail! I am Kramac, of the Pathfinder Society. I did not expect to find a friendly being in this Sanghuin infested shell. What do we know of this holy place? We were told a little about this place before traveling to the Plane of Water. This shell once belonged to a great Nautilius by the name of Riam, who was gifted some small part of Lysianassa's power before she was imprisoned by the evil elemental lords. Riam was defeated by a flight of brine dragons, and over time Lysianassa's worshipers turned this place into a temple, before the Sanghuin took over.

What is this burden you speak of, friend?

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

"This creature is a Monadic Deva, a type of angel who watches over the ethereal and elemental planes!" Seldanna whispers in awe from the back of the group.

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Kelumur observes the creature as Kramac attempts to make communication. The rogue has little trust for anything.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10Is she truthful? Hidden agenda?


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Aquel smiles a little as Kramac recounts what you have learned, but her smile quickly fades at mention of the sahuagin. She speaks in answer to Kramac.

"“I was conjured here by Cintra Eelmaster, the last priest of this temple. Before he met his end, he entrusted me with the temple’s most precious treasures until a new guardian of pure intent could be found. I have tarried here many years, hoping to find a suitable replacement.

You learned of Riam before you came to this Plane of existence. Why did you come all this way? What is you purpose here?"

Kelumur, Aquel seems entirely sincere.

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Of course she is. :)

Kelumur speaks "We've come on peaceful terms, exploration to learn more about this place and what powers it holds. Will you allows us to venture deeper into the shell?"

The Exchange

Chaotic Neutral Undine Swashbuckler 2/Ranger 6/Vigilante 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 57/66 | AC: 24 (17 T, 19 F) | CMD: 25 | F: 9, R: 18, W: 9 | Init: 9 | Perc: 12 | Speed 30, swim 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Panache 5/5 | Charmed Life 3/3 | Reroll 1/1

"Don't forget the artifact we seek. Sightseeing is nice and all, but it would be a shame to leave without the treasure."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

We learned that there was an artifact stored here in Riam's shell, and we also learned that Baron Zemdar had gained control of the shell, and was seeking the artifact for himself. He has already attacked Vialesk, and we feared what he might do should he gain full control of the artifact. So an expedition was dispatched to defeat Zemdar, and recover the relic so it could be kept safe from wicked beings like Zemdar

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Do we need to make a diplomacy check at any point? I'm gonna roll one just in case...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

"Treasure hunters then." Aquel looks disappointed.

"But you, Kramac, you wear the symbol of Kurgess the Strong Man. Perhaps you can prove your strength? If you would prove yourselves worthy of Lysianassa's treasure fell energy imbues several of the rooms nearby, where the dead once rested peacefully. The bloodlust of the sahuagin invaders awakened dark energies. I am bound to this room and cannot leave it until I find a suitable replacement, but it is in your power to cleanse the evil from this temple. If your hearts are pure, venture into the rooms and lay the spirits to rest.”

Diplomacy only needed if Aquel thinks you're here for the treasure, but Kramac appeases the angel!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

What evils lay ahead? Any information about the dangers will be helpful.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Aquel scrutinises the pathfinders as she answers Kramac's question.

“The first room contains a dragon tooth embedded in the wall, left behind by the brine dragon that slew Riam. For many years, the holy coral here suppressed the tooth’s evil, but now it festers and gnaws. Tendrils of pain and anguish haunt the room. You must extract the tooth to end the festering. The second room contains the body of Cintra Eelmaster, who summoned me in ages past. After the murajau were slaughtered, the spirit of Cintra became filled with hate. In death, Cintra is calling eels into his burial chamber and filling them with malevolence. Cleanse the room of these eels and lay Cintra to rest once more.”

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Kelumur speaks his mind, "What of the rest of us? I speak for myself when I say I am not pure, but I intent to rid evil and accomplish my task. Will you give us path as well?"


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

"You travelled here together. Either all are worthy, or none are."

She gestures towards two of the doors.

If you wish to prove yourselves to Aquel, tell me if you choose the tooth or the eels first. Rule of Two applies.

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Kelumur walks towards the tooth first, "Very well." He remarks in respond to the Aquel.

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

Seldanna reflects on the angel's words, letting her more outspoken comrades do all the talking. As for being pure, she knows that she also is not. The corrupting influence of the evil hag that raised her still stains her soul, no matter how much she has tried to devote herself to her simple studies and to perfecting her craft.

The witch follows along behind Kelumur, content to start with the tooth.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Do not worry Kelumur. Kramac will make sure you stay on the straight and narrow. It is not so hard. Fight the wicked. Do not be wicked yourself. Be nice to animals. Thats really all there is to it.

Onward! If we are to be dentists today, let us be the best dentists we can be!


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Kelumur opens the first door and steps through.

This long room has coral burial niches built into its walls. Near the back of the room, black growths mar the vibrant purple coral, surrounding an enormous white fang embedded in the wall of the shell.

GM screen:
Kramac: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12
Urshala: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Kelumur: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Too late, Kelumur sees spectral tentacles emerge from the great tooth and cover the floors, walls and ceiling!

tentacles vs Kelumur CMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The tentacles grab hold of Kelumur, grappling and squeezing!

GM screen:
Kramac: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Otto: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Seldanna: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Urshala: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Zeno: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Kelemur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Pet Lonan (Seldanna): 1d20 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 3 = 1
Pet Jino (Kramac): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Pet Rhon (Otto): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Round 1

Urshala
Seldanna
Zeno
Otto
Kelumur -5hp, grappled
Jino
Tentacles
Rhon
Kramac
Lonan

Active effects: the 'tooth room' is full of tentacles!

The bold may act!

Kramac do you expend your Heightened Awareness? If so you will act before the tentacles. Seldanna, if you enter the room your hood will not prevent Lonan from being exposed to the tentacles.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

I will decline to spend the heightened awareness this fight. Can you tell us the mechanics for removing the tooth? Is it a hit it until the tooth is destroyed thing? Or strength checks? Can I punch the wall around the tooth with my adamantine cestus to make it easier to extract? Could we just exit the shell, and go remove it from the outside, bypassing the tentacles? Or do we have to press forward and try to figure it out ourselves?


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

The most obvious way to remove the dragon tooth is brute strength pulling it free. If you want to try a more creative solution by all means try! I can tell you that the wall around the tooth is covered in thick coral; you could try punching through the coral, but coral tends to be very sharp so that might carry risk.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Next question, would the fetch command be sufficient to get Jino to grab onto the tooth with his mouth and pull? And do the tentacles seem to be attacking inanimate objects in the room, or only living things? I'm thinking we might be able to lasso the tooth with a rope, and pull it out from the safety of the previous room.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

The Fetch trick seems to fit the situation perfectly, as long as you can point out the tooth. The tentacles are not attacking anything but Kelumur, currently.

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Just to be clear, the tentacles are all over the room? Unavoidable? Would everyone be affected or does it seem to have limited arms?


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

The room with the tooth in it is now full of tentacles - much like a Black Tentacles spell. The tentacles do not extend beyond that room. This is a Haunt manifestation; of the party members able to attempt a Perception check during the round that the Haunt manifests, nobody passed the DC. The Haunt manifests in a surprise round; at this point the tentacles grab Kelumur. Then we're into rounds where everyone can act.

Actually, Zeno and Jino can always act in surprise rounds due to class / archetype abilities. Zeno, however, cannot see the haunt begin to manifest from his position. He gets a premonition of danger - enough for him to take a surprise round action but not to prevent anyone else being surprised. Jino senses some supernatural activity - his hackles rise and he bellows a warning! Alas, nobody speaks rhino but Rhon, and Rhon finds Jino's modern dialect too thick to make much sense of. Rhon grunts. (Jino could take a surprise round action, but Kramac isn't able to give him any direction during the surprise round so Jino defaults to Defend.)

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28

Seldanna peers into the room, attempting to determine any of the magical properties of the tentacles, hoping she can figure out how long they might last or whether they are more permanent.

"Do you think that what she said about having a pure heart was a clue? No offense, Kelumur, I'm sure you're a really nice guy and all...but just saying!"


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Seldanna, whilst the tentacles resemble the effects of a Black Tentacles spell, they are not a spell so far as your Spellcraft can determine. However, anyone observing the tentacles may attempt the following check:

Knowledge (religion) DC20:
This is a persistent haunt. It will remain until destroyed. Aquel has said that removing the dragon tooth from the shell should 'end the festering', destroying the haunt.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

kn religion: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25

The tentacles will remain until we remove the tooth

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Kelumur grunts really loudly with annoyance arc Seldana’s words. ”Grrrrhhhh.” He squirms to free himself of the tentacles grasp but isn’t able to pull enough momentum to propel himself towards the tooth. ”Grab the tooth!” He yells.

escape artist: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

swim: 1d20 ⇒ 4


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Kelumur squirms free of the grabbing tentacles, at least temporarily, but is unable to swim clear of them.

Round 1

Urshala
Seldanna
Zeno plus surprise round action
Otto
Kelumur -5hp
Jino
Tentacles
Rhon
Kramac
Lonan

Active effects: the 'tooth room' is full of tentacles!

The bold may act!

Your Spellcraft check did not require an action Seldanna

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Otto directs Rhon to stay away from the tentacles and then, emboldened by the Freedom of Movement spell that he cast earlier, he swims directly forward into the room towards the tooth. I'm not quite sure where the tooth is, so I haven't moved myself, but Otto's swim speed is 30'. If that's sufficient to get to the tooth, he'll also attempt to extract it.

Str check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

As a swift action, Otto gives himself tremorsense 60' until the start of is next turn.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

The tooth is drawn on the map, at the top-right of the room. I have moved Otto. It takes two move actions for him to reach the tooth, so no STR check yet.

Otto swims towards the haunted dragon tooth, unhindered by the tentacles. Freedom of Movement.

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Diviner 4/Archer 4
Spoiler:
|AC 16, T 16, FF 11|HP: 36/36|F +4, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment/red dragon breath)|Init +6, Perc +12|CMB +9 CMD 22|8/11 Prescience, 0/1 Pearl, 0/1 Arcane Bond, #14

Surprise round:

Foreseeing the need to move quickly, Zeno casts touch of the sea on himself once more.

Round 1:

GM supervillan wrote:
If you want to try a more creative solution by all means try!

Don't mind if I do!

Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Zeno boldly makes his way into the haunted chamber, and drawing a curious V-tipped hunting arrow, attempts to knock the tooth straight out of the wall with a tourney-worthy trick shot!

Trick Shot (Disarm) vs tooth-in-the-wall, pronged arrow, Point-Blank Shot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Holy moley...judges?

The Exchange

Chaotic Neutral Undine Swashbuckler 2/Ranger 6/Vigilante 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 57/66 | AC: 24 (17 T, 19 F) | CMD: 25 | F: 9, R: 18, W: 9 | Init: 9 | Perc: 12 | Speed 30, swim 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Panache 5/5 | Charmed Life 3/3 | Reroll 1/1

Ursahla waits and observes. She wasn't strong and wasn't willing to venture into the tentacles herself.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Zeno swims into the room, winding through the tentacles to get a clear shot past Otto - despite the drag of the water, and the fine angle of the shot, Zeno scores a bullseye! But there is not enough force in the shot to dislodge the ancient dragon tooth. Nevertheless, the crescent blade of the arrow is lodged right between the tooth and its coral surround. Perhaps it can be used as a lever or a cutting tool?

Nice shot! Disarm doesn't feel right for removing the tooth, which is deeply seated in the colossal shell and encrusted with thick salt and coral, but the effort is certainly worth a decent circumstance bonus to further attempts to remove it.

Round 1

Seldanna
Zeno
Otto
Kelumur -5hp
Tentacles
Rhon
Kramac
Jino
Lonan
Urshala

Active effects: the 'tooth room' is full of tentacles! Circumstance bonus to remove the tooth.

Seldanna is up!

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

Seldanna makes no attempt to move into the room herself but does peer in, sending her companions some luck.

Fortune Hex on Otto

Fortune:
Creature reroll any ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, taking the better result. He must decide to use this ability before the first roll is made. At 8th level the duration of this hex is extended by 1 round. Once a creature has benefited from the fortune hex, it cannot benefit from it again for 24 hours.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

The tentacles grasp at all those in the haunted chamber...

tentacles vs pathfinders: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

Whilst Otto's own druid magic protects him, Zeno and Kelumur are grabbed! tentacle damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Round 1

Seldanna
Zeno -9hp, grappled
Otto, fortune hex
Kelumur -14hp, grappled
Tentacles
Rhon
Kramac
Jino
Lonan
Urshala

Active effects: the 'tooth room' is full of tentacles! Circumstance bonus to remove the tooth.

The bold may act!


Male Raven 9 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 19 (23 Mage Armor) | T: 14| FF: 17 (21 Mage Armor) | CMD: 10| Fort: +2 | Ref: +5 | Will: +8| Will: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17 (lowlight) | Sense Motive: +2 |

Lonan stays snuggled in his mistress' hood. "CAAAAW! They your black tentacles, mistress? CAAAAAWW! They look little bit nicer! CAAAAAW!"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Friends! Ottos magic protects him from the tentacles! Back up and let him retrieve the tooth!

Kramac will direct jino to ride in so Kramac can attack the tentacle holding Zeno, then 2nd move action to exit the room. If Kramac can use a move action to grab Zeno and tie her out, he will, but I suspect that would be a standard.

attack: 1d20 + 12 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 4 - 2 = 26
damage, cestus: 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Kramac, what you are attempting requires the Ride-By Attack feat. You can attack the tentacle, or make an Aid Another grapple or escape artist check to assist Zeno, only if you and Jino end your move in a position to be able to do so (adjacent to Zeno, effectively).

Mounted Combat rules, such as they are.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Yet another thing that I totally knew, except when it comes to actually playin the game

Kramac will pull out a rope, and drop the opposite end in Kelumur's square so he can use it to tow his way out of the tentacles should he escape again, rather than having to make the swim check.


Large Male N Elasmotherium | HP 51/51 | AC 27 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +13, CMD 25 (29 vs Overrun, Trip) | F +9, R +7, W +7 (+4 morale vs enchantments) | Init +2 | Perc +8 SM +3 | Speed 40' | Active Conditions: |

Rhon watches nervously from the other room, hoping that Otto will return soon. The plane of water is no place for an archaic rhino to be left alone!

Delay


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Kramac fishes out his rope, and hops off Jino to hold the end of the rope out towards Kelumur. Throwing doesn't work underwater, but if you dismount you can stand adjacent to Kelumur and hold the rope for him, then help to pull him out. This will allow Kelumur to leave the tentacles with a DC5 Swim check if he first escapes the grapple. Next round, Kramac can also make an Aid Another check (Grapple or Escape Artist) if it's still warranted.

Round 1 / and 2

Seldanna
Zeno -9hp, grappled
Otto, fortune hex
Kelumur -14hp, grappled
Tentacles
Rhon
Kramac
Jino
Lonan
Urshala

Active effects: the 'tooth room' is full of tentacles! Circumstance bonus to remove the tooth.

The bold may act!

Otto, a successful Strength Check will free the tooth. Don't forget the Fortune hex will let you roll twice.

201 to 250 of 374 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM supervillan's Gameday VII 8-20 Torrent's Last Will All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.